BREAKING NEWS UPDATE (Saturday November 1st 2014)!!!!!! My “Addicted” friends!! Look what was just released —> Addicted After All (Addicted Series) by Krista & Becca Ritchie!!! I read book #1 (good stuff) and shall be continuing the series. One of the most HIGHLY recommended series of the year (by my fellow readers)! It seems the angst level is intense and SO MANY here truly are addicted to it. Like Feifei:
“Maryse Addicted to You is freaking AMAZEBALLS!!! Just like the title suggests, I was addicted to this book and the rest of the series!! Didn’t eat lunch and skipped dinner to read them!! GAHHHH!!! Just thinking about them gives me all these feels LOL! “
And here’s the “Addicted” series reading order.
AND more Saturday super-sales!!
- Eversea by Natasha Boyd is on sale. Cheryl says: “I LOVED movie star Jack!!! So got me out of my book rut!!!”
- The Resistance by S. L. Scott is on sale! ROCK STAR in this one (here’s my review).
Happy Halloween everybody!!! Over there to the left is my “halloween crew” that is standing on guard at my house as we speak. Aren’t they the cutest?
So what’s everyone doing tonight/this weekend? Dressing up? Parties? Treats? Tricks? *snort*
Looks like today was a good release day as well as a bargain find day, so I’m starting the list with some of the great looking new releases… (a few perfectly suited to the Halloween atmosphere… but with romance).
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
P.P.S. Also, while these bargain finds and new releases “look” great (and/or have awesome reviews and recommendations), unless I have my own personal review link next to it, I likely haven’t read it myself… I just found it and wanted to share it in case it’s awesome. So if you read it, let me know if it’s awesome. LOL!
NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order.
Todays latest reader recommendations and bargain ebook finds:
- Cursed: Brides of the Kindred 13 by Evangeline Anderson <— JUST RELEASED!!! HUGELY popular sci-fi romance series… aliens that take us poooor human girls as their mates. “In all their years of travel the Kindred have only come across three worlds with species close enough to their own to initiate a trade. Earth is the fourth.” Here is the Brides of the Kindred Series Reading Order
- Vices by Joi Miner <— JUST RELEASED!! Trying to rebid her life after escaping her abusive husband… but… “After Bonnie falls asleep, her demons have their way with her. Eventually, they begin to invade her waking hours and no amount of writing, sex, or time with Zion can keep her from having to face them…“
- Tall, Silent and Lethal (Pyte/Sentinel Series Book 4) by R.L. Mathewson <— JUST RELEASED!!! Paranormal series (I think vampires…) by this popular author!! Here is the Pyte/Sentinel Series Reading Order
- Touched by a Vampire (Eternally Yours Book 1) by Sophie Slade <— JUST RELEASED!! A little vampire romance for Halloween? “Dr. Leila Reynolds is working her shift at Southside Medical Hospital in Las Vegas, Nevada, when she meets a mysterious man, Lance Steel. Although Leila is a married woman, she is enticed by this bold Renaissance man. Lance seduces her, surprising her with the most erotic weekend of her life … with a vampire. She convinces herself that it was just an affair, but she can’t get Lance—or the time they shared—out of her mind…“
- Roping Ryan (The West Series Book 6) by Jill Sanders <— JUST RELEASED!!! He’s an undercover cop and… “when a dark haired beauty shows up claiming that she was hired by his brother to track him down, she’s jeopardized his cover and put both their lives in danger from one of the most powerful Mexican drug lords.“
- Protecting Alabama (SEAL of Protection Book 2) by Susan Stoker <— JUST RELEASED!!
- Prototype (The Possession Series Book 1) by Gretchen de la O <— JUST RELEASED!!! “Lauren Matthews believes she will be dead in seven days. She’s done witnessing others around her meeting that exact fate. With the device Marshall Grayson installed in her head as the only golden thread linking them, Lauren is left with no choice but to believe it is her destiny to die. Unable to see her professional world in Washington DC is about to be ruled by her personal life in San Francisco, Lauren’s two realities collide when Grayson Industries’ influential financier, Alejandro Fernandez, infuses himself into her life…“
- Among Monsters: A Red Hill Novella by Jamie McGuire <— JUST RELEASED!!!! JUST in time for Halloween. MORE ZOMBIES (and maybe romance?). I loved Red Hill so I’m very excited about this one… (here’s my review of Red Hill)
- RUIN – Part Three (The RUIN Series Book 3) by Deborah Bladon <— JUST RELEASED and concludes the series!!
- The Scars That Define Us (The Devil’s Dust Book 2) by M. N. Forgy <— JUST RELEASED!!! BIKER BOOK ALERT! I won’t read the blurb ’cause it’s book #2 and I don’t wanna ruin it for myself..
- Rockin’ Romance Boxed Set by Eden Summers, A.M. Madden, Lexi Buchanan, Rachel Firasek, J.M. La Rocca, Hilary Storm, Missy Johnson
- Attraction: (A Temptation Series Stand-alone) (The Temptation Series Book 4) by KM Golland <— JUST RELEASED!! This one’s a standalone even though it’s #4 in the series. Ohhh yes, I remember the blurb for book #1… tumultuous sounding series!! Temptation Series Reading Order
- Running Into Love Box Set Books One to Four by Annalisa Nicole <— JUST RELEASED!! Series bundled! Over 600 pages.
- Romancing Redemption (Redemption Series Book 1) by Bonnie R. Paulson <— JUST RELEASED!! Starting over with her sister in a new town, catches the eye of two men, all while trying to keep her past in the past…
- DEVIANT by Jaimie Roberts <— JUST RELEASED!! Oh yahhhhh! I remember this blurb. He comes to her in the night, makes her fall in love with him… but she has no idea who he is. BUT!!! He’s out for revenge… against her! “A stranger who sneaks into her room. Someone who gives her the ultimate pleasure, but also seeks to give her ultimate pain. Pain she has never had to endure. Pain that will eat away at her until there is nothing left. She was my nemesis, I was her lotus. And payback was a bitch.” <—- Eeeeeep!!
- Fighting the Odds (Rebel Walking Series Book 5) by Hilary Storm <— JUST RELEASED!!
- The Awful Mess: A Love Story by <— Here’s one and looks like it could be loaded in romance angst and sweetness! “Things start to get messy when she loses her job, turns out to be pregnant, and is forced to keep a scandalous secret, even as her disintegrating ex-husband threatens what little she has left. In this witty, affectionate tale of small town life, Mary discovers that the connections we make can result in terrifying risks, as well as unexpected blessings…“
- Vampire Most Wanted: An Argeneau Novel (Argeneau Vampire Book 20) by Lynsay Sands <— Vampire romance!! I was addicted to this series back when I was reading strictly paranormal. Serious steam, and laughs, and… vampires & humans. FUN!!!
- The Sweetness of Forgetting by Kristin Harmel <— Thisssss looks gooood!! Rich and sweet and one of those heartwarming types, you know? Plus SO MANY great reviews! AND! Her life is falling apart around her… “At thirty-six, Hope McKenna-Smith is no stranger to bad news. She lost her mother to cancer, her husband left her for a twenty-two year old, and her bank account is nearly depleted. Her own dreams of becoming a lawyer long gone, she’s running a failing family bakery on Cape Cod and raising a troubled preteen. Now, Hope’s beloved French-born grandmother Mamie, who wowed the Cape with her fabulous pastries for more than fifty years, is drifting away into a haze of Alzheimer’s. But in a rare moment of clarity, Mamie realizes that unless she tells Hope about the past, the secrets she has held on to for so many years will soon be lost forever.“
- Outside the Lines: A Novel by Amy Hatvany <— Another one with great reviews and also has that rich, sweet growth feel to it (from the blurb, anyway). “Eden decides it’s time to find her father, to forgive him at last, and move forward with her own life. Her search takes her to a downtown Seattle homeless shelter, and to Jack Baker, its handsome and charming director. Jack convinces Eden to volunteer her skills as a professional chef with the shelter. In return, he helps her in her quest.“
- Serial: Volume Two by Jaden Wilkes & Lily White <— Sally just found us this new release! “For those of you that have read SERIAL by Lily White and Jaden Wilkes SERIAL – Volume Two went live today! I just finished it and I can say that Jude is one demented dude! Now I want the third one!! LOL”
- The Forgotten Girl by Jessica Sorensen <— Stephanie found us this one! Accident caused amnesia… “In the aftermath, Maddie’s left struggling with who she is—the forgotten girl she was six years ago or the Maddie she is now. Sometimes it even feels like she might be two different people completely—the good Maddie and the bad one…“
- Wreck Me (Nova) by Jessica Sorensen <— recent release that looks so good! Perfect marriage until her husband shows another side to himself… “Turned out Conner had another side to him, a darker side that Avery didn’t see coming. He wrecked and broke her into a thousand pieces, leaving Avery to put herself back together. From then on, Avery vows never to let a man into her life again.“
- Tempting Tatum by Kaylee Ryan <— Stephanie found us this one! Devastated by her perfect boyfriend… “When tragedy strikes Tatum runs to Josh only to find him in a compromising position with someone else. Turning away from the only life she knew, Tatum is forced to alter her life plan.” …she meets someone new. “Blaise Richards is a tattoo artist who moonlights as a volunteer fire fighter…”
- Transcendence by Shay Savage <—- One of my favs!!! My review of Transcendence.
- Climbing Out (Hawks Motorcycle Club Series Book 2) by Lila Rose <— BIKER BOOK ALERT!! “Deanna Drake has a past she longs to forget, but won’t ever be able to. She’s always been the tough one. No one, but her best friend Zara has ever been able to penetrate her cold, hard, shell. Until Griz Griz— a.k.a Grady Daniels, Hawks Motorcycle Club second in command, also has a past that he wishes he could undo…all except one part. It’s her past that brings them together. Only will it be forever?“
- Toxic: Logan’s Story (Torn Series Book 4) by K.A. Robinson <— R OCK STAR ALERT!!! It’s book #4 but can be read as a standalone. However, that said, I’m thinking starting this story from book #1 might be best, since it appears to have a ton of romantic angst as it progresses… And maybe love triangles, too? But for those that don’t mind starting later in the series… I can tell, definitely heartache. “Unable to let her go completely from his life, Logan reassumes his role of best friend while he watches Chloe find her happily ever after with another man.” BUT THEN!!! ”The moment Jade saw Logan, she knew she wanted him. Unfortunately, he was with Chloe at the time. After his world falls apart, Jade steps in to comfort him, determined to bring back the Logan she once knew.“
- Unsuitable by Ainslie Paton <— Kristy recommends this recent release: “Currently reading Unsuitable and it is fantastic! Really making me think about gender roles and my goodness the feels. Couldn’t believe when I saw I was only 3% in and addicted, seems even crazier that im only at 35% now. Im just worried I’m in for some heartbreak. Highly recommend this!!” Oh yessss she’s older than him… and he works for her as her nanny… sounds good!!
- Sociopath: A Dark Romance by Lime Craven <— I’m bringing it back, ’cause Jennifer loved it! “Just finished sociopath!!!! Holy dark and twisty! Love him, hate him, love him, hate him, crazy, crazy, crazy! What a serious mind twist but oh so good. Could not put it down!” Yep. Sounds RIGHT UP MY DARK ALLEY!!!!
- On the Growl: A Shifter Romance Anthology by Lynn Red, Celia Kyle, Jessica Sims, Flora Dare, Marina Maddix <— GREAT reviews for this anthology and it’s bargain priced!!!
- The Life of Anna, Part 1: Enslaved by Marissa Honeycutt <— DARK READ ALERT!!! GREAT reviews. Plus, book 32 is out! “Raised by an extremely abusive guardian, Anna was molded into the perfect tool for Devin’s use. Devin will use Anna’s unique gifts to control everyone around him and eventually take her gifts for himself.” Hrmmm… it sounds paranormal but I can’t see any indication of a paranormal angle in the blurb or in the reviews I lightly skimmed… I dunno? Intrigued I am!
- The Life of Anna, Part 2: Entwined by Marissa Honeycutt <— Here’s part 2 and it was JUST RELEASED! I’m not going to read the blurb…
- Run by Blake Crouch <— tons of great reviews and that blurb… *shudders* Killing sprees… for days and then… “Y E S T E R D A Y All the power went out… T O N I G H T They’re reading the names of those to be killed on the Emergency Broadcast System. You are listening over the battery-powered radio on your kitchen table, and they’ve just read yours. Your name is Jack Colclough. You have a wife, a daughter, and a young son. You live in Albuquerque, New Mexico. People are coming to your house to kill you and your family. You don’t know why, but you don’t have time to think about that any more. You only have time to…. R U N”
- A Good Marriage by Stephen King <— I hear this one’s awesome (and it’s fairly bargain priced!): “Darcy Anderson’s husband of more than twenty years is away on one of his routine business trips when the unsuspecting Darcy looks for batteries in the garage. Her toe knocks up against a hidden box under a worktable and in it she discovers a trove of horrific evidence that her husband is two men—one, the benign father of her children, the other, a raging rapist and murderer. It’s a horrifying discovery, rendered with bristling intensity, and it definitively ends “A Good Marriage.”” Eeeeeeeep!!!!!
- Submerged by Cheryl Kaye Tardif <— Great reviews! “Rebecca Kingston yearns for a quiet weekend getaway, so she can think about her impending divorce from her abusive husband. When a mysterious truck runs her off the road, she is pinned behind the steering wheel, unable to help her two children in the back seat. Her only lifeline is a cell phone with a quickly depleting battery and a stranger’s calm voice on the other end telling her everything will be all right.“
- Mr. Mercedes: A Novel by Stephen King <— not bargain priced but SO many great reviews for this one. “In the frigid pre-dawn hours, in a distressed Midwestern city, hundreds of desperate unemployed folks are lined up for a spot at a job fair. Without warning, a lone driver plows through the crowd in a stolen Mercedes, running over the innocent, backing up, and charging again. Eight people are killed; fifteen are wounded. The killer escapes…“
- 11/22/63 by Stephen King <— WHOA WTH!!??? This one has a TONNNNN of great reviews, is on sale right now, and I have NO idea how to even begin descrying what the book is about from that blurb… a time portal where he can change the course of history. And a ton of creep-factor…
- 900 Miles: A Zombie Novel by S. Johnathan Davis <— On sale! “In a harrowing 900 mile race against time to get to his wife just as the dead begin to rise, John, a business man trapped in New York, soon learns that the zombies are the least of his worries, as he sees first-hand the horror of what man is capable of with no rules, no consequences and death at every turn…”
- Spirit Legacy (The Gateway Trilogy Book 1) by E.E. Holmes <— Oh this one sounds creeepy perfect!! TONS of great reviews. College student uprooted after tragedy… “Jess’ life has never been what anyone would call easy; doing damage control in the wake of your nomadic, alcoholic mother doesn’t exactly make for a storybook childhood. But now her world has fallen apart just when it should be coming together: her mother gone—dead under mysterious circumstances; her life uprooted to stay with estranged relatives she’s never met; and there’s something odd about some of the people she’s been meeting at school: They’re dead…“
- Bird Box: A Novel by Josh Malerman <— bev just picked up this one and yep… looks scary as heck!!!! She says: “I just picked up a scary book because of recs, though I usually don’t do horror. But lot of recs. Suppose to be scary….maybe one day I’ll be brave enough. It’s Birdbox by Josh Malerman.” Ohhh look at this, from the blurb: “Something terrifying that must not be seen. One glimpse and a person is driven to deadly violence. No one knows what it is or where it came from. Five years after it began, a handful of scattered survivors remain, including Malorie and her two young children. Living in an abandoned house near the river, she has dreamed of fleeing to a place where they might be safe. Now, that the boy and girl are four, it is time to go. But the journey ahead will be terrifying: twenty miles downriver in a rowboat—blindfolded—with nothing to rely on but her wits and the children’s trained ears. One wrong choice and they will die. And something is following them. But is it man, animal, or monster?“