Happy Friday (and may we all have a whole weekend to indulge ourselves in our TBR lists). I found us some popular and “new-to-me” bargains, plus a few brand spankin’ new releases that sound just right!
<— Like this one. Oh YES!!!! The Wright Brother By Marie Hall, and it sounds awesome and it was just released today!!
Deaf and colorblind, I was a loner. My world was bleak, silent and empty, until her. Until I met my neighbor, Elisa Jane Adrian. I want her. I need her. The fractured part of me feels whole when she’s around. Like the world isn’t so dark, isn’t so bleak, and so still. I know it’s impossible, but when I look at Elisa I swear I can see color, can hear the gentle inhalations of her breath. I know she feels it too, this magic, this desperate desire…
Oh wow, I bet this’ll be intense, so I’ve just got to “taste-test” this!! Others that are making my one-clicker antsy? One To Tell The Grandkids <— I love pregnant single women and love triangles… (at least, that’s where I think this is going…) and The Best Laid Plans (now famous & gorgeous rock star and his mean-girl? bully crush…), and On the Surface (famous NFL player punches out a guy defending a girl in line for his autograph… *swoon*)
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
P.P.S. Also, while these “look” great (and/or have awesome reviews and recommendations), unless I have my own personal review link next to it, I likely haven’t read it myself… I just found it and wanted to share it in case it’s awesome. So if you read it, let me know if it’s awesome. LOL!
NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order.
Todays latest reader recommendations and bargain ebook finds:
- Without End: A Melrose Shops Novel by A.R. Senault <— Jennifer recommends this one, saying: “I had the pleasure of beta reading this book a few months ago. It was really quite good and has stuck with me. It was very well written and the story was original.“
- The Best Laid Plans (A Very Sexy Romance) by Tamara Mataya <— Oh this looks like fun with plenty of great reviews. “Malcolm Black notices his high school crush, Jayne, from the stage of her company’s work party. His adolescent feelings for her died beneath months of abuse at the hands of bullies. Abuse that was Jayne’s fault. Though this scorching hot studio musician is unrecognizable as the band geek he used to be, the hurt still lives inside him, and he hatches a plan: Seduce Jayne into falling in love with him, and then shatter her heart.“
- Always Yours (Always Series) by Kari March <— sounds angsty!! He’s from a wealthy family and love of his life left him, and she’s been left behind, too. “When Cam and Cara spot each other across the bar at Maggie’s Place four years later, neither of them are interested in starting a relationship. They’re both a little unsure and completely untrusting. They try to fight the intense immediate attraction, realizing right off, the seriousness of their chemistry, but as hard as they try, they can’t.“
- Consensual (Consensual Series Book 1) by Livia Jamerlan <— sort of… office romance? “Peyton Haas is sexy, dangerous, and forbidden. The defense attorney on Braelynn’s first legal case is the only man who can cloud her judgment. Unable to stay away, she finds herself lying to everyone around her so she can spend time with the man who makes her feel things she never felt before—things she never dreamed possible…“
- On the Surface (In the Zone) by Kate Willoughby <— FAMOUS NHL PLAYER ALERT!! Okay YES for me on this one. Sounds like something I wanna play with very soon! “Erin Collier is a pediatric nurse who’s never seen a hockey game, but gets in line for Tim’s autograph at a PR event in hopes of impressing the doctor she has a crush on. When an obnoxious fan gets pushy toward Erin, Tim rushes to defend the pretty stranger, throwing a punch in the process…” *swoooooon!!!* Er… is it bad that i just swooned ’cause some guy just punched out another guy? *snort* I mean… it was while defending a woman, so it’s okay, right?
- One To Tell The Grandkids by Kristina M. Sanchez <— Amy found us this one saying: “Ladies, I found One To Tell the Grandkids when I was scrolling through the recommendations for me in the Kindle store. It looks like a unique storyline, at least for me as I haven’t read anything similar before… …it looks like it’s going to get complicated in a very good way! *bouncing leg and rubbing hands together*” Ohhhhhh YES!!!! This sounds right up my angsty romance alley!! “Since she was a teenager, Taryn Sato skirted the edge of disastrous decisions. When she found herself pregnant after a one night stand with a complete stranger, she knew she was giving her family an opportunity to say “I told you so.” Caleb Ryder was more of a big brother than best friend to Slate McKenzie. When Slate found out he was going to be a father, Caleb promised to be there for him. Though Caleb was the type of man to learn from his mistakes, history threatened to repeat itself in the form of Slate’s baby’s mother, Taryn.” Thanks for the find, Amy!!!
- Unexpected (The Unexpected Series Book 1) by Amy Marie <— I liked the cover & title and it has a bunch of good reviews so far, and so… I checked out the blurb. Sounds angsty! “When her visions of a marriage proposal are met with the ultimate betrayal, Erin finds herself in the arms of sexy and strong-willed distraction, Walker Prescott. Her summer becomes life changing as she realizes Walker has left her with a tiny piece of himself and no way to find him…until he suddenly shows up and turns her world upside down…“
- The Hook Up (Game On Book 1) by Kristen Callihan <— I’m bringing this one back from a recent list, ’cause it seems to be getting a ton of GREAT reviews…
- The Summer We Fell by Amber Garza <— LOVE TRIANGLE? She finally starts dating her crush but her best friend is suddenly changing… “He’s always been like a brother to me. But lately things have changed. He’s different, and I’m starting to see him in a new light. Our relationship is evolving in a way I never thought possible. I don’t want to lose him, but am I willing to give up Adam for him?“
- Lost To Me by Jamie Blair <— She’s brutally attacked on her prom night… “Now, Lauren relives the events leading up to prom, unraveling the clues that should have warned her of the trauma to come. Like Kolton ’s malicious ex-girlfriend, who’ll do anything to rip them apart. Or Kolton’s mentally unstable brother…“
- Resurrection (The Dominion Series Book 4) by S.E. Lund <— JUST RELEASED!!
- Unstoppable (The Callahans Book 3) by Melody Grace <— JUST RELEASED!!
- The Wright Brother by Marie Hall <— JUST RELEASED!! That’s the one up there!
- Wild Card (Elite Ops) by Lora Leigh <— Okay, so it’s not bargain priced, but it comes HIGHLY recommended by Lisa: “Anyone read Lora Leigh, Elite Ops series!! Awesome. So many alpha males, each have their own story and so do their women!! Addictive!! On the last one now!!! Waaa!! Never want it to end!!” and Cristin loves her too! “Yes, Lisa M! I *love* Elite Ops!! One of my absolute favorites.“
- Falling In: (Intermix) (The Surrender Trilogy) by Lydia Michaels <— HOMELESS GIRL ALERT!! All the books in this series are bargain priced and highly recommended by my friends Kandace & Lori!! Kadnace says: “It’s about a girl who has lived her entire life on the street and a rich guy. It sounds simple but it is way more than that.” Lori says: “Love this trilogy so hard! It’s really great, unusual h, alpha H who adores her, awesome. I see a reread coming.” and Bookster is loving ‘em, too: “The main character is first described in a way that totally draws you into the story.”
- Breaking Out (The Surrender Trilogy) by Lydia Michaels <— #2!
- Coming Home (The Surrender Trilogy) by Lydia Michaels <— and #3!
- Soldier On by Sydney Logan <— great reviews on this one!! She resents the military (having lost her father during the war) but… “When faced with the realization that she’s fallen in love with a soldier, can Steph’s wounds from the past be healed with love in her present . . . and in her future?”
- Dreaming of You (Gamblers Book 2) by Lisa Kleypas <— also not bargain priced but HIGHLY recommended. It’s an “oldie” but goodie… and it’s new to me, since I haven’t read it yet. Bev recommended it to Amy: “Derek Craven !!! The glasses scene?♥ And when his “cockney shows”? When I read that book I could totally understand why he topped so many favorite lists…. Derek Craven and his cockney is from Lisa Kleypas’ Dreaming of You. But seriously Amy if you like the swoon in romance give it a shot.” and Michelle says: “Bev, I’ve had a crazy productive reading week and even finished two Kleypas books you recommended, Dreaming of You and Because You’re Mine. They were both fantastic and I’m instantly in lust with her books! The plots and characters are so rich!” and she also said… ”Now I’m thinking of Derek Craven….mmmm ok need to focus” <— I LIKE THAT REACTION!! Love fog!!!
- Heart of the West by Penelope Williamson <— another Bev recommendation saying: “Heart of the West by Penelope Williamson is another that, well flirts with a triangle that I just love.” Holy moly it’s over 800 pages!!!
PRE-ORDERS (most for this upcoming Monday & Tuesday!!) :
- Deacon (The Unfinished Heroes Series Book 4) by Kristen Ashley <— COMING OUT ON TUESDAY!!! September 23rd 2014!!!
- Chains: An MMA Romantic Suspense Novel by Kelli Maine <— MMA ROMANCE ALERT!!!! expected release date September 22nd 2014
- Snow Falling on Bluegrass by Molly Harper <— expected release date September 22nd 2014
- Stay with Me: A Novel (Wait for You Book 3) by J. Lynn <— expected release date September 23rd 2014
- Darkness: 12 (New Species) by Laurann Dohner <— expected release date September 23rd 2014
- Locke (Corps Security Book 6) by Harper Sloan <— expected release date September 29th 2014
- Worth the Risk: The McKinney Brothers series by Claudia Connor <— I LOVED book #1 and this one’ll be out Jan 20th 2015!