<—- First I wanna tell you what I’m reading right now, and since it’s bargain priced, it totally fits this list! I’ve been receiving recommendation after recommendation for this one over the last 24 hours, and I started it last night… er…. this morning at 1am. Read it until 3am and I would have totally not put it down but my sleepless-zombie-powers conked out on me. I crashed. BUT!! I must say, so far, so very good, and I totally want to get back to it, right now.
Valerie: Maryse I have to share a book with you that I stayed up all night to finish. Painted Faces by L.H Cosway. Soo good!! I think you’ll really like it!!
Rebecca: Hey Maryse, Karina Halle was reading this book on GR and I ended up winning a copy from her, it’s called Painted Faces by L.H. Cosway. I think you might like it. It’s a very unique take on CR, one only for those with an open mind but I’m having a hard time putting it down. :0)
Debra: This is one of those books that I want (need) everyone to read! No one I know has read it yet and I am about to explode with the need to discuss, dissect, and share my experience. My heart is beating faster just thinking about it. It’s been 24 hours and the edge I got from this book hasn’t even begun to wear off!!! I am dying to see if others feel the same as I do. So READ IT everyone and let me know!!!! Read girls read….I need to discuss!!!!! Hopefully we can get Maryse to put a discussion board.
(sidenote from Maryse: okay hint taken!! I shall be putting it up as soon as I finish this post)
Fantastic writing, sarcastically witty, and sorta… sophisticated? Well you know, these are characters well established in their adult lives. Romantic subject matter that at first made me go… huh? What? Weird. Wanna know why? ‘Cause he’s her new neighbor, and he’s so obviously into her. He’s gorgeous, seductive and so very flirty. She’s crushing hard. So what’s the big deal? Er… well. It’s his surprise “drag queen” reveal. WHAT!!?? Yep!! My eyes crossed at that part of the synopsis, too. I thought… well okay. But.. what?!! But I’m reading it and all I can say is it’s totally for me! OH YES!!! I can totally get into this. And him. Such an original idea, we’ve not read the likes of this before, but I have a feeling I just may fall head over heels. Oh and did I mention, it takes place in Dublin, Ireland? Can you imagine the sexy accent on him? Oh right, but he’s from New Zealand. Still. sexy accents applies.
Okay so now for the goodies, so that I may return to my own special weird romance treat!
NOTE: Free and bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order.
Free and bargain e-books that you can read on your Kindle, or even on your computer with the Kindle software. (NOOK USERS: I’ve been told that often, many of these freebies and bargains are also available on the Nook).
- Addicted (Club Destiny) by Nicole Edwards
- Painted Faces by L.H. Cosway <—- I’m reading this one now and so far so very good!!
- Forever My Girl (The Beaumont Series) by Heidi McLaughlin <— Ivannie says: “i thought it was really good! you’ll like it! (YA)”
- Beautifully Damaged by L.A. Fiore <— the reviews are a bit all over the place with this one, but I remember so many really liked the story and premise (there were some editing issues, and for me, some story-flow issues, so I put it down a few months ago because I was having a hard time connecting) but it has been “re-released”. Maybe it’ll rock? Tracy says: “I loved Beautifully Damaged…. had a more adult feel…”
- Truth and Humility by J.A. Dennam <— this one has been brought up a few times over the last week (some say a “Crow’s Row” feel and after reading the premise, I want to read!!) Nikole says: “I just finished Truth and Humility by J. A. Dennam which someone posted as a reccomendation about a week ago and it was sooooo good, thank you to whoever reccomended it. 4.5 stars!!”
- Someone to Love by Addison Moore <— no real notes or recommendations on this, yet… but a bunch of us are intrigued! Gorgeous cover!! Jennifer says: “Has anyone read this? It looks soooo good and I love Addison Moore ‘s other series. just wondering if anyone has any feedback on it yet!”
- Hopeless by Colleen Hoover <— just made NYT Best Seller’s list and everyone is loving it! Joanna says: “Hopeless is a really good book – not just entertaining to read, but really thought provoking and full of loving sacrifice.” I read it and loved it, too!
- VAIN by Fisher Amelie <— just released. Nikki says: “I have read two of Fisher Amelie’s books. Callum & Harper and Thomas & January. They are both very good!” My sidenote: I had trouble connecting with Callum & Harper but am interested in knowing more about this one…
- Shattered Valor (Red Team) by Elaine Levine <— Shirley says: “WOW! The new one is called Shattered Valor and is an immediate follow-up in the storyline from book 1 (The Edge of Courage). It is special ops. Anyway, fabulous book.”
- The Edge of Courage (Red Team) by Elaine Levine
- A Toast to the Good Times by Liz Reinhardt & Steph Campbell <–
- The Opportunist (Love Me With Lies #1) by Tarryn Fisher <— LOVED this book! you can’t go wrong. Oh there will be some suffering, but then.. you can move on to #2 (Dirty Red (Love Me With Lies #2). And suffer some more. Tee hee!!!
- The Devil’s Son (The Devil’s Eyes) by Jennifer Loren <— so many loved #1 & #2 and this one (#3) has just been released!
- Beautiful Disaster (The Bet) by Francette Phal <– Nikki says: “it’s very good. The second book just came out.”
- Redemption (The Bet) by Francette Phal <— and this is the second one!
- CAGED (Book 1, The Caged Series) by Amber Lynn Natusch
- Pushing the Limits (Harlequin Teen) by Katie McGarry <– Jeannie says: “It’s YA, but I read it and definitely liked it.”
- Fallen Too Far by Abbi Glines <— have I mentioned lately that I still love this one? Yeah? Well, I’m mentioning it again. I’m needing a “Rush” rush. I miss my Rush-crush. Okay I know. I’m being obnoxious now. *smirk*
- Broken by Megan Hart <— ooohhhh I LOVED this one!! Check out my review (Thanks for pointing the bargain deal out, Nancy)!!
- Dirty by Megan Hart <— another one from the same author that I loved!! (my review)
- Reason Enough By Megan Hart (A short story with the characters of “Dirty”)
- Tempted by Megan Hart <— yep! This was a great (and SUPER STEAMY) read too!! (my review)
- Everything Changes by Megan Hart <— Alex’s POV – character in “Tempted”
- Deeper by Megan Hart <— I just bought it (haven’t read it yet, but I love this author’s darker writing style in the romance genre)
- Switch by Megan Hart
- Forged by Becky Banks <— Debbie says: “ I recommend Forged by Becky Banks. Nate reminds me of Kristen Ashley heroes.”
- Wrapping Up (Novella) Mitchell Family 4.5 (Wrapping Up Novella 4.5) by Jennifer Foor <— just released for you “Mitchell family” addicts!!
- Hell on Wheels: Black Knights Inc. by Julie Ann Walker
- In Rides Trouble: Black Knights Inc. by Julie Ann Walker
- Rev It Up: Black Knights Inc. by Julie Ann Walker
—-> Also check out all of the past freebies and bargains posts here: http://www.maryse.net/category/news/bargain-and-freebie-ebooks. BUT!!! Keep in mind. Many of these older bargain prices and freebies are temporary so they won’t all still be valid. Always verify with Amazon’s pricing first before finalizing your checkout.
Don’t have a Kindle? That’s okay, you can read these on your computer or phone with Kindle Apps: