Happy Freebie Friday DAY!! Lots of good “reader-recommendations” below and a few new finds that look interesting. Some rock stars… (um a boy band, too. tee hee!) and plenty of romantic comedy and angst-y reads to boot! Plus one with a cage-fighter that had me jumping with joy until I read the dark synopsis and realized this is not my usual read … but it still has me intrigued.
NOTE: Free and bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order.
Free and bargain e-books that you can read on your Kindle, or even on your computer with the Kindle software. (NOOK USERS: I’ve been told that often, many of these freebies and bargains are also available on the Nook).
- Falling Stars by Sadie Grubor <— a rock star freebie. Many of our fellow readers really loved this one. I liked it (for me more along the 3 star mark) and shall be reviewing soon. The story itself was up my alley, the angst and the push and pull, and the “sleeping” needs made me “awwwww…” (those were my favorite parts), but I remained somewhat disconnected. However, so many did connect BIG time, and since it’s a good free rock star read, it must be on this list!
- MARKED (Eternal Guardians #1) by Elisabeth Naughton
- Darkness Awakened (Order of the Blade) (Primal Heat Trilogy) by Stephanie Rowe
- Second Time Around (Forever Fan) by Katrina “Kat” Shelley <— Kimberly found us this one! It’s a rock star book… errr…. I mean… a “boy band book!”
- The Tuscan’s Revenge Wedding (Italian Billionaires Collection) by Jennifer Blake
- As The Last Petal Falls (Once Upon a Romance) by Jessica Woodward “She also never planned to be chased by wolves, break her arm, or be held prisoner by an enigmatic, scowling, beast of a man…”
- Darkness Falls (Darkness Falls Series, Book 1) by Jessica Sorensen <— Aimee is enjoying this one “Started reading this book last night and have been having trouble putting it down!!! I am about 56% through it and have truly enjoyed it so far. Not really a romance per say but definitely has my attention!!”
- The Ghost Exterminator: A Karmic Consultants story. by Vivi Andrews –> Lisa found us this one! “its a freebie good reviews”
- Death’s Hand (The Descent Series) by SM Reine
- Out of Time by Deborah Truscott <— time travel
- Hale’s Point by Patricia Ryan <— woman is house sitting for her boss, when his son shows up… hrmm. Could be awkward although it actually looks a bit more on the “serious” side…
- Playing for Keeps (A Novel of Family and Love) by Kate Perry
- LOVE, LIES AND HIGH HEELS by Debby Conrad <– clashing ranch hand and the rich heiress…
- Word and Breath (Wordless Chronicles) by Susannah Noel
- Let’s Make It Legal by Patricia Kay
- Found Wanting by Joyce Lamb
- Belted by C.J. Graves <— WHOA!! I got excited when I saw “cage fighter” but then it looks like it takes a dark violent turn… Great reviews so far. I’m intrigued…
- Boots: a novel about a cowgirl, a bachelor, and some really fun footwear by Anne Grace Lind <— looks like fun!
- Ruining Me by Nicole Reed –> recommended by a few of our fellow readers over the last few days (Tiffany, Kirsten…): Danielle said: “I just finished Ruining Me by Nicole Reed and it was a total tear jerker. It’s a mature YA story with love triangles, heavy issues, and other things…”
- The Secret of Ella and Micha by Jessica Sorensen
- Graveyard Shift (Lana Harvey, Reapers Inc.) by Angela Roquet <— was on the freebie list last week, and Joanna is enjoying it: “Starting reading Graveyard Shift last night and enjoying it. Not quite sure how to describe this one… It’s a fun paranormal that may or may not be a romance, haven’t figured that out yet…”
- Exquisite (Exquisite Series) by Ella Frank <— this is the one I’m currently reading, and was thrilled to see a bunch of enthusiastic recommendations for it! –> Tracy: “Read Exquisite…hot guy, hot sex, strong woman!! Very good… loved it! 5 star good!”
- Going Under (book #1) by Gergia Cates — Sabrina said: “The first book was good– can’t wait to read this one- thx for the reminder.” in response to Tiffany’s suggestion below!
- Shallow (A Going Under Novel #2) by Georgia Cates <— brought to our attention by Tiffany: “Im reading Shallow by Georgia Cates and IT is SOOOO Good so Far..Im a Happy Camper right now…”
- Faking It by Elisa Lorello <— “… the sight of an honest-to-goodness male escort shocks her—and fascinates her more than a little. Months later, Andi impulsively calls Devin…”
- Unravel Me by Kendall Ryan <– another that has been frequently recommended. Book #2 will be out in November!
- The Bride Wore Chocolate (Sweet and Savory Romances) by Shirley Jump <— “Two weeks before her wedding she wakes up in the wrong man’s bed. Candace thinks she’ll be able to run out the door and forget all about Michael Vogler, but the Boston millionaire has other plans for the jittery bride.” Ruh roh.
Don’t have a Kindle? That’s okay, you can read these on your computer or phone with Kindle Apps: