Latest Free & Bargain e-Books – Friday October 19th 2012

by Maryse on October 19, 2012 · 17 comments

in eBook Deals

Happy Freebie Friday DAY!! Lots of good “reader-recommendations” below and a few new finds that look interesting. Some rock stars… (um a boy band, too. tee hee!) and plenty of romantic comedy and angst-y reads to boot! Plus one with a cage-fighter that had me jumping with joy until I read the dark synopsis and realized this is not my usual read … but it still has me intrigued.

NOTE: Free and bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order.

Free and bargain e-books that you can read on your Kindle, or even on your computer with the Kindle software. (NOOK USERS: I’ve been told that often, many of these freebies and bargains are also available on the Nook).

FREEBIES:

Bargains:

• Ruining Me by Nicole Reed –> recommended by a few of our fellow readers over the last few days (Tiffany, Kirsten…): Danielle said: “I just finished Ruining Me by Nicole Reed and it was a total tear jerker. It’s a mature YA story with love triangles, heavy issues, and other things…”
  • The Secret of Ella and Micha by Jessica Sorensen
  • Graveyard Shift (Lana Harvey, Reapers Inc.) by Angela Roquet <— was on the freebie list last week, and Joanna is enjoying it: “Starting reading Graveyard Shift last night and enjoying it. Not quite sure how to describe this one… It’s a fun paranormal that may or may not be a romance, haven’t figured that out yet…”
  • Exquisite (Exquisite Series) by Ella Frank <— this is the one I’m currently reading, and was thrilled to see a bunch of enthusiastic recommendations for it! –> Tracy: “Read Exquisite…hot guy, hot sex, strong woman!! Very good… loved it! 5 star good!”
  • Going Under (book #1) by Gergia Cates — Sabrina said: “The first book was good– can’t wait to read this one- thx for the reminder.” in response to Tiffany’s suggestion below!
  • Shallow (A Going Under Novel #2) by Georgia Cates <— brought to our attention by Tiffany: “Im reading Shallow by Georgia Cates and IT is SOOOO Good so Far..Im a Happy Camper right now…”
  • Faking It by Elisa Lorello <— “… the sight of an honest-to-goodness male escort shocks her—and fascinates her more than a little. Months later, Andi impulsively calls Devin…”
  • Unravel Me by Kendall Ryan <– another that has been frequently recommended. Book #2 will be out in November!
  • The Bride Wore Chocolate (Sweet and Savory Romances) by Shirley Jump <— “Two weeks before her wedding she wakes up in the wrong man’s bed. Candace thinks she’ll be able to run out the door and forget all about Michael Vogler, but the Boston millionaire has other plans for the jittery bride.” Ruh roh.

Don’t have a Kindle? That’s okay, you can read these on your computer or phone with Kindle Apps:

Download Kindle for PC
Download Kindle for MAC
Download Kindle for iPhone

Download Kindle for Blackberry
Download Kindle for iPad (that’s how I’m reading these!)
Download Kindle for Android

Kim October 19, 2012 at 11:36 AM

The Secret of Ella & Michael by Jessica Sorensen was AWESOME!!! Micha plays in a band sings/guitarist! Book 2 The Forever of Ella & Michael comes out at the end of the month!

Finished Unravel Me yesterday and it was a 5 star read for me! It was smoking HOT and the premise of the story is different than anything other I read! Can’t wait for Book 2!!!

Maryse October 19, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Hey wait!! Nobody told me Ella & Michael involved a guitarist. ACK!! Now I’m extra excited! Thanks Kim! I’ll be adding it to the rock star list. :)

Kim October 19, 2012 at 11:58 AM

Maryse LOL! and he has tattoos and lip ring YUMMY! I also put a comment under the rock star list about this one :) You have to read it is sooooo good!

Kirsten October 19, 2012 at 12:07 PM

Maryse- Ella and Micha- He’s also a singer besides playing that guitar, plus we have the tattoos, oh and he’s driving around in Kellan Kyle’s car… a Chevelle. :) Good book, and I would tell everyone to check it out, especially since it’s bargin priced.

Ruining Me is also a great read, that is based on a girl dealing with some pretty heavy issues, as well as a love triangle. The hot guys that have tattoos and perhaps a motorcycle, will somehow help you through. You might need some tissues though. :)

Finally, I started reading Exquisite this morning and so far it’s really good.

Kirsten October 19, 2012 at 12:08 PM

Oh Kim I forgot all about that sexy lip ring.

Maryse October 19, 2012 at 12:14 PM

So we’re reading Exquisite together!

Kim October 19, 2012 at 12:36 PM

Kirsten that damn lip ring had me all jittery ;)

Erica October 19, 2012 at 2:35 PM

LOVING Ella and Micah so far!

LucyLou October 19, 2012 at 3:20 PM

Great bunch of freebies and bargains. Thanks for finding them for us Maryse. :)

Lisa October 19, 2012 at 5:45 PM

I’m on Chapter 10 of Exquisite and loving it so far. Wait until you get to the “peach” scene! I also read Ella And Micah and it really is a good book. I’m looking forward to reading book #2

Clista Seals October 19, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Thanks for the Feebies list! I appreciate them! Still trying to read everything that you suggest!!!!

Tiffany October 19, 2012 at 10:24 PM

I just finished Ella and micha and it was awesome! You should definitely check it out!! I agree with Kim and Kristen you cant forget that lip ring!!

Kirsten October 20, 2012 at 10:47 AM

Finished Exquisite last night and loved that too. It’s been a great book week.

Sadie Grubor October 21, 2012 at 6:21 PM

Hopefully, this is okay. If not, smack me in the head. :o )

Just to add to your bargain list – Stellar Evolution (the follow up novella for Falling Stars) is only $0.99 on Amazon. For those interested.

Thanks for mentioning Falling Stars on your blog! I really appreciate it and your honest comments.

Kirsten October 21, 2012 at 9:06 PM

@Sadie- I just downloaded it, I didn’t realize you were doing a novella.

Sadie Grubor October 21, 2012 at 10:37 PM

@Kirsten – It wasn’t initially planned. However, it felt like there was some needed closure for some of the loose ends. And a new story – around Jackson – has developed. So, I’m currently working on Jackson’s own book surrounding him. It wasn’t planned either, but I simply do as the characters tell me. :o )

Maryse October 22, 2012 at 12:13 PM

I will definitely check that novella out, Sadie! Thank you so much for continuing the story, and I’m thrilled the characters come to life that way for you. Indulge them!! LOL! :)