Latest Friday Finds & Reader Recommendations! Happy Friday the 13th!!

by Maryse on May 13, 2016 · 170 comments

in eBook Deals

• Undecided by Julianna Keyes <— WHAT I’M CURRENTLY READING ALERT!! Okay, so… I was undecided on what to read next, until a few of my book-buddies proclaimed BIG love for this one (you’ll see the quotes below and in the comments). :D And coincidentally enough, it’s called “Undecided”. And you guys… it is SO good. I’m still only in the 1st quarter but I’m loving it. Who wants to buddy-read with me? And if you ask me, I’d say it has an “Elle Kennedy” feel to it (you know like… “The Deal”). The witty, easy-flow writing, and the inner dialogue. You’ll love her! Let’s buddy read. Come on!!! Please??!
  • Misery by Stephen King <— STEPHEN KING PSYCHO-FAN ALERT! Look what’s on super-bargain sale!!! ‘Member that one? About the author’s rabid-fan that wanted him to write a book in a series the way SHE wanted it.
  • Sass by Laramie Briscoe <— UNREQUITED LOVE/FAKE RELATIONSHIP SUPER-BARGAIN! She’s been in love with him forever, and he’s pining over his ex and… “I told him that a pretend relationship between us would work. It would help him move on. I didn’t count on my heart or his getting in the way. And I sure as hell didn’t count on not being able to tell when pretend turned to reality. When it all implodes, the only thing left is the truth.

<— AND Well LOOKIE HERE it’s Evil!!!!! HAPPY FRIDAY THE 13th to us! A new TIJAN surprise just for us (already #17 on ALL of Amazon Kindle), and it sounds right up our alley. BULLY ALERT??!!! Sure sounds like it! They are the untouchable in-crowd… even HIGHER than the in-crowd but…

“Kellan was in his own league. He was our leader and he was the one no one messed with. No one dared. He was ruthless, powerful, and no one could match him… Except for me. I was about to find out just how different I was from my family.”

And we’ve got some fellow readers jumping right in!!

bev: Who gets a little freaked when it is a Friday the 13th?

Grace: It is Friday the 13th – thanks for pointing that out! I’m too big a baby to read the death book no matter how much Ela or any death clubbers loved the sobbing…. So I’m reading Evil by Tijan instead. Released today. Perfect!

Amy: Oooooh, guys! I just was told that Evil by Tijan is paranormal…I might just squirrel!!!! :D

Maryse: Friday the 13th excites me! It’s an excuse to watch or read horror!!! YAY!! :D

bev: Maryse, what are you reading?

Maryse: I dunno yet. Well I’m back in taste-test mode as I have a few that I want to sample. I’ve kind of started a er… forbidden, possibly shocking darkish satire-black er… I dunno? Comedy read? Dark psych-thriller, love story spiral descent? No. I dunno. I’ve heard it’s fairly forbidden and it’s written by a man, and it’s got all sorts of weird feedback but I’m taste-testing it, ’cause you know I’m attracted to the psych-mind-benders. It’s called: Undone: A Novel by John Colapinto

And there’s more…

• Completed (My Once and Future Love Revisited #5) by Carla Krae <— JUST RELEASED! I remember this series from back in my first indie-discovery days and EVERYONE was loving it. And here’s a new release!!!
  • Revival by Kate Vine <— SECOND CHANCE ROMANCE ALERT (JUST RELEASED!) “I’m nothing. Nothing without her. I’m totally aware that everything I did since New Years Eve is a calculated path of destruction…”
  • From This Day Forward by Shannon Myers <— AN ACCIDENT LEFT HER WITH A DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVE ALERT!Elizabeth tries to pick up the pieces when her marriage falls apart, but after an accident she finds that nothing in her life is as she remembers it- including her husband…
  • Love Is Strange (I Know… Book 2) by Whitney Bianca <— JUST RELEASED DARK READ/HORROR ALERT! I remember the blurb for book #1 GOT ME so I one-clicked it, and the first few chapters freaked me out too bad, I had to put it down. DARK (full-on trigger alert and I’ll never forget those scenes). But look! #2 was JUST RELEASED!
  • I Know What Love Is by Whitney Bianca <— DARK READ/HORROR ALERT! And here’s that first one… ;) Eeeeep!!!!
  • The Saddest Girl in the World by Cathy Glass <— SEVERELY ABUSED child ends up in foster care and acts out her own abuse to the foster parents children… “Damaged tells the true story of Donna, who came into foster care aged ten, having been abused, victimised and rejected by her family.” I think this is a true story and it’s super-bargain priced today.
  • Just a Little Crush by Renita Pizzitola <— HE ONCE EMBARRASSED HER and now he’s back in her life (his roommate is into her)… “Brinley isn’t sure whether she believes Ryder, but for the first time, her body isn’t playing by the rules. Then she discovers that she’s an unwilling part of a cruel game, humiliating her all over again—and Ryder might be to blame.” it’s super-bargain priced!!
  • Reign of the Vampires (The Society Trilogy Book 1) by Rebekah R. Ganiere <— HUMANS ARE A HOT COMMODITY ALERT! “Ten years after the outbreak of the V2000 virus turns the majority of humans into a mutated Vampire sub-species, the last remaining true humans are the world’s hottest commodity…” super-bargain priced!
  • Mister O by Lauren Blakely <– BESTSELLER BACK ON THE LIST ’cause it made the best sellers lists AND it’s #6 on all of Amazon Kindle right now. This book is on FIRE!!! TONS of reviews and mostly only 5 stars, and barely a single thing lower. “I provide every time. I suppose that makes me a superhero of pleasure, and my mission is to always deliver. BUT then I’m thrown for a loop when a certain woman asks me to teach her everything about how to win a man. The only problem? She’s my best friend’s sister…
  • Undecided by Julianna Keyes <— GRACE IS FREAKING LOVING IT!

Grace: “Freaking loving Undecided! It’s got such delicious buildup! Which seems to only continue building. 54% in and enjoying every second of it. ”

MichelleS: I read the first amazon review and that reviewer said it was her favorite NA book ever – better than Beautiful Disaster and The Deal…. them’s some powerful words right there, I tell ya’…… I may just take you up on that offer. Okay. When are we going in? Who else is with us?

Maryse: Okay I just one-clicked Undecided. You guys have absolutely decided for me.

• A Kind of Truth by Lane Hayes <— M/M ROCK STAR ROMANCE THAT FABI LOVED!!!

“For lovers of mm romance and music or rock star themes, this one is top notch. The book and the audio version are both excellent. I was not able to pull myself away from this for even a few minutes. I had to read it from front to back without pause.…I’ve been reading all day.”

• The Empty Jar by M. Leighton <— BACK ON THE LIST BECAUSE… ELA. ;)
  • Go Deep: A Bad Boy Sports Romance by Bella Love-Wins <— FOOTBALL STAR & UPTIGHT CHEERLEADER/HIS BROTHER’S BEST FRIEND ALERT! And it’s a super-bargain! “Just because my older sister, Caroline, fell for the ‘be-a-cheerleader-to-marry-an-NFL-star’ trap, doesn’t mean I want to follow in their footsteps. This is why Slade ‘Slaughter’ Clark doesn’t have a chance in hell. I’ve avoided falling for the arrogant jock up until now, and there’s no way I’ll let him in. My business professor may have thought he was doing us both a favor when he forced Slade and me to partner up for a major project…
  • Book Boyfriend Series Collector’s Edition Boxed Set by Erin Noelle <— Lauren found us this deal! “Erin Noelle’s Book Boyfriend series is bundled & on sale…. I’ve read books 1-3 & loved them!!”

bev May 13, 2016 at 2:47 PM

Maryse, what are you reading?

Maryse May 13, 2016 at 3:00 PM

I dunno yet. Well I’m back in taste-test mode as I have a few that I want to sample. I’ve kind of started a er… forbidden, possibly shocking darkish satire-black er… I dunno? Comedy read? Dark psych-thriller, love story spiral descent? No. I dunno. I’ve heard it’s fairly forbidden and it’s written by a man, and it’s got all sorts of weird feedback but I’m taste-testing it, ’cause you know I’m attracted to the psych-mind-benders. It’s called: Undone: A Novel by John Colapinto

Grey May 13, 2016 at 3:24 PM

A bully book… by Tijan… what?!?! Oh god, I am at 50% with Deception finally after rereading all of the other ones…but I want a bully book… *stomps feet* hold me back… or on second thought… don’t hold me back…

Teri W May 13, 2016 at 4:28 PM

A Kind of Truth-any m/m book that Fabi loves is a one click for Me! And Undecided-better than A Beautuful Disaster and The Deal? Woohoo. They are going to both be on my kindle in 10 seconds!!!!

Fabi May 13, 2016 at 5:47 PM

Awww Teri, that’s really sweet. I also added Undecided to my tbr. But I’m finishing up an oldie (well, not THAT old) that got quite a bit of buzz around here a while back. It’s called Wrong by Jana Aston. Anyone remember that one? About the gyn/ob?

Lanie May 13, 2016 at 6:03 PM

OK. I’m about to start Mister O. All the reviews won me over and I need a funny light romance to brighten up my weekend. Undecided also got me intrigued but the cover is giving me pause. Is it a love triangle story?

@Fabi *raises hand* I remember. I finished reading it and the sequel (Right) recently. Not my favorite romance but I liked it well enough. What do you think of it so far?

Maryse May 13, 2016 at 6:12 PM

Yeah, Fabi… I read that one. :)

bev May 13, 2016 at 6:25 PM

Undecided was a really good, I read it in like a day.
However I think the comparison to Beautiful Disaster is odd cause they are not much a like.

Fabi May 13, 2016 at 6:50 PM

Thanks Lanie and Maryse. Lanie, I’m at 72%. He is too good to be true and she’s starting to be silly about their class differences. I’m waiting for the other shoe to drop. I don’t want it to. Will someone please hold the other shoe?

Sherry D May 13, 2016 at 6:54 PM

Ooooooh I’m excited for Erin Noelle’s book

bev May 13, 2016 at 6:58 PM

Have to put this here since we were speaking of the invictus games. The first half of the slide show is Harry at the games. Great pictures & funny captions.

Amy May 13, 2016 at 7:12 PM

I’m going to squirrel to either Evil or Undecided. I’m undecided right now. *snort* Yeah, yeah, I know. That was bad. :P

Empty Jar is good so far, but I’m just not feeling it right now. And I WANT to give it a fair shot. Thus the squirreling. Sorry Michelle. :?

Amy May 13, 2016 at 7:13 PM

“Will someone please hold the other shoe?” <—— LOL!!!!

bev May 13, 2016 at 7:13 PM

MichelleS May 13, 2016 at 7:20 PM

I’m still reading Undecided & loving it. It is s really good NA book, I think that was the comparison, Bev, just the genre, not so much the plot. And sex scenes don’t do it for me so much anymore, but I didn’t skim this one… And I LOVE a slow build.

Fabi May 13, 2016 at 7:21 PM

btw Bev, I watched Sherlock epi 2 last night. Still loving it. Plenty of action. Beautiful London scenery (not to mention the accents). All I need now is a little romance and I’m set.

Maryse May 13, 2016 at 7:33 PM

MichelleS sex scenes don’t really do it for me EITHER!!!!!

I mostly skim ‘em, and when I actually find myself reading them, then you KNOW I’m SO into the book. LOL!

Maryse May 13, 2016 at 7:34 PM

Undecided Amy!!!!!

Let’s be Undecided together!!! :D

Maryse May 13, 2016 at 7:36 PM

*takes the other shoe from Fabi*

Tries it on… hmm… pretty. If the shoes fits. ;)

Er… OH MY. Since I haven’t read the book yet, I hope I didn’t just ‘diss myself.

‘Diss? ‘Dis? How do the youngin’s say it nowadays?

*snort* :P

bev May 13, 2016 at 7:49 PM

Sherlock! !

bev May 13, 2016 at 7:59 PM

MichelleS, that probably is it. I have to say I love the way Kellan was written, lol.

bev May 13, 2016 at 8:03 PM

Fabi, don’t you kind of feel for Molly ‘ s crush on Sherlock?

Fabi May 13, 2016 at 8:10 PM

Bev, I think she’s hilarious. Her gaydar is so broken. And he doesn’t help AT ALL.

Maryse, yes, yes, hold the pretty shoe (@ 82%) oh please just propose and give me an HEA – we don’t need angst here at the end – really, it’s fine as is..

btw, y’all talking about sex scenes, this book is H.O.T. holy @#£%&

Fabi May 13, 2016 at 8:20 PM

@83% she is such a child! so stoopid, ugh why why why the drama – was I that stupid at 21? I’d be way more concerned over his “very brief” but “very worrisime” comment which she completely ignored

bev May 13, 2016 at 8:25 PM

As in Sherlock or her bf?

I know a lot of people ship sherlock/Watson and the show winks at that. But I honestly don’t think that he is gay. Asexual maybe. I do think he loves John and vice versa but I don’t think it is sexual or romantic.

Fabi May 13, 2016 at 8:43 PM

Epi 1 he told John he was.

@89% omfg wth just happened?

Fabi May 13, 2016 at 9:00 PM

@90% NOW it makes sense – but she’s still stoooopid

bev May 13, 2016 at 9:04 PM

Fabi, I don’t remember that, lol. Gah, my horrible memory. I tried to look it up but came across an interview in the Guardian by the one of the creators/writers. I’d link but , whoa spoilers. He says he is not gay or Asexual. That he thinks of him as more of a monk. I guess in the books Sherlock he stayed away from the attention of women because it would cloud his ability to think, lol.

bev May 13, 2016 at 9:05 PM

Um, are you getting more angry as you count down?

Michelle May 13, 2016 at 9:09 PM

Bad Amy. Maryse is stealing ya away but I can’t blame you since I want to read both of those too!

Fabi May 13, 2016 at 9:43 PM

*gasp* *floats away on cloud 9* FINISHED and LOVED IT

I want a life do-over with a Luke in it next time. Doctor McDreamy. Mine, please be mine. Jana wrote my perfect man. Did you know that was her first book???!!! Go Jana! Show ‘em how its done.

I’m putting all that silliness in my GR review too. *snort*

Man, I’ve been hitting on some sweet romances lately. Makes up for the PNR slump I was in.

NO IDEA what’s next. I think I inhaled the last two.

Lauren May 13, 2016 at 10:01 PM

I’m 1-clicking like crazy. The hubby has a business thingy in Fla so I’m tagging along (which I tend to do ONLY when it’s a business thingy near the BEACH)……SANS kids….so I can read, read, read for 4 uninterrupted days!!!!

Amy May 13, 2016 at 10:02 PM

Fabi…I think we were all that stupid at 21. Except Bev. She’s so even-keel I doubt she ever did the stoooooopid stuff we did.

That’s a compliment by the way, Bev. Not a “dis.” <—— See, Maryse? We can be young and hip, too, like the youngin's nowadays. ;)

Speaking of Maryse…gah, woman! We can't leave anything out around you!! Set a martini down…*swipe* Gone! Take off earrings to tussle with someone…"oooh shiny!" and suddenly they're on your ears. Ask someone to hold the other shoe so it doesn't drop…"pretty, and it fits me!" and then there goes that other shoe. *sighs and shakes head* Here, have a raspberry and cream martini…

Fabi May 13, 2016 at 10:02 PM

*turns green with envy at Lauren*

Fabi May 13, 2016 at 10:04 PM

hahaha Amy @ Maryse too cute and funny!

21, yeah I think I was even stupider than the h at that age. I’m not sure I even remember how stupid I was. It was looooong ago. :-/

Amy May 13, 2016 at 10:07 PM

And yes, Maryse, we’ll be Undecided together! I’m starting it tonight. :D

Michelle…you know, you could always join us. ;) And MichelleS is reading it as well right now. Come on, ya know ya wanna! We have yummy martinis in our Undecided tent. *peeks around for Maryse* Unless she flew the coop again… *snort*

Amy May 13, 2016 at 10:08 PM

Fabi, right?? I actually thought getting married at barely 19 would be sooooooo much fun. *eyeroll*

Amy May 13, 2016 at 10:09 PM

*joins Fabi in turning green with envy at Lauren*

I say we nail her with peanuts.

bev May 13, 2016 at 10:10 PM

How I wish that were true, sigh. I didn’t do the “usual” but i have a few I would change in a heartbeat. Change the whole course, or at least good chunk of it.

bev May 13, 2016 at 10:15 PM

Lol. I love you guys are reading it, after I finish it.
*blows raspberry*
Just started Saving June.

And Amy, if that is your same husband. had to have had its fun moments. Plus, he is the one who will clear the road of zombies so that we can get to the B&N/Starbucks.

Lauren May 13, 2016 at 10:17 PM

OMG, OMG….We were JUST talking about this book recently….
My Commander (Bewitched & Bewildered Book 1) by Alanea Alder is on sale for $.99, down from $4.99! Such a great book….and hilarious too!

Maryse May 13, 2016 at 10:18 PM

Amy I think I’m a crow. ;) You know… from “The Others” series. LOL!

Amy May 13, 2016 at 10:31 PM

I know, Maryse! You ARE a crow like the ones in that series…”Shiny!!” I loved those characters.

*giggle* Yet another thing alike…I think I must be a crow, too, because I freaking LOVE those birds. I love to watch how they act and how they interact with each other, and I have been known to *ahem* toss food from my car to them. And I SO miss the crows who used to hang around my old house every morning waiting for me to feed them. Which I did. Every morning. My poor little sweeties are probably going hungry now. :( Damn martini making me all weepy…

Amy May 13, 2016 at 10:34 PM

Bev…yep, same hubby. We just had no business getting married when we were that young and stupid. ;)

But now? Hot damn, yes he WILL clear the road of zombies for us with his ginormous Yarborough knife! WOO-HOO!!!!!

bev May 13, 2016 at 10:36 PM

So does that mean Maryse found a new shiny to read?

Fabi May 13, 2016 at 11:30 PM

Amy, people used to get married at that age all the time. It’s obviously worked out for you. Maybe life experience determines our age more than our actual years.

Personally, I couldn’t even determine what to read next so I picked Sherlock ep3

Grace May 14, 2016 at 3:42 AM

82% into Evil – it’s totally paranormal and it’s not really a bully book per say. I know the description totally gives that picture, but it’s more because she slowly reveals what is really going on. Can’t give away anything, but I can say that the pecking order stuff fades away pretty quickly because the story is way more about the paranormal aspects. I’m loving it because I love anything Tijan writes, but wanted to let the bully lovers know it’s not quite their level of bully activity.

Fabi – I liked how annoyed I was at the end of Wrong. I think that was the point – to wind us up because he was too great to lose. Right (the next book) was really good. Just so you know. I actually liked it better than Wrong.

Undecided is not a drawn out love triangle story for anyone who would stay away because of that. It’s a juicy slow build story of love. Well worth it. It gives great tension!

Lisa May 14, 2016 at 5:14 AM

Finished Mister O and really liked the MCs (plus revisiting MCs from Big Rock).
This couple has a Will and Hanna feel….so for those who loved the clueless couple that Christina Lauren created you’ll love this.
Plus Harper is Nick’s best mates little sister….completely out of bounds.

On to My Commander and insanely giggling…. and annoying my grumpy husband who’s trying to watch football….reading about the SWAT team approach to buying tampons!! So silly…but entertaining.

Cheryl May 14, 2016 at 7:19 AM

Almost finished reading Undecided and I agree, it’s such a good slow-build romance and I love how the MC’s are written and also the relationship between Crosbie and Kellan. *sigh*

Fabi, I read Wrong and have to say I liked Right even better.

Cheryl May 14, 2016 at 7:24 AM

Sherlock isn’t gay. Executive producer Steven Moffat recently explained that “the detective’s love life is non-existent because he is not interested in women — but that doesn’t mean he is gay. He’s not interested in [sex]. He’s willfully staying away from that to keep his brain pure—a Victorian belief, that.”

And Cumberbatch said “I think he’s been burnt in the past. I think he also realizes he can’t beat female intuition; he can’t. So to embroil himself where he might be enslaved through adoration or sexual desire or any kind of power or chemistry to do with love is too big a risk for him. That doesn’t make him gay, and it doesn’t make him asexual. It means he’s purposely abstaining for the sake of his craft.”

bev May 14, 2016 at 7:48 AM

Cheryl, I loved when Kellan was worried about Crosbie and Nora told him to support his magic, lol.
And, um, Kellan’s predicament?

Now I want to re watch Sherlock & maybe arrested development.

bev May 14, 2016 at 7:50 AM

I know it wI’ll not ever happen, but I kind of root for Molly. Though she is probably too good for Sherlock.

Cheryl May 14, 2016 at 8:38 AM

Bev, I know, Kellan is hysterical with his “sensitivity.” So metrosexual.

Ahem, you play with fire, you get burned.

Just finished and only complaint is I wish there was more of an ending. :)

Don’t think Sherlock will ever have a love interest. That’s all Watson.

Maryse May 14, 2016 at 9:01 AM

I’m reading Undecided right now and I’m already loving it. Great writing style, and I hope we stay in Nora’s head the whole way through.

OH PLEASE OH PLEASE let it be so!!!!

Cheryl May 14, 2016 at 9:04 AM

Maryse, it is all from Nora’s pov.

Fabi May 14, 2016 at 9:06 AM

wow, I’ve had half a dozen people immediately tell me Right is better than Wrong. <—*snicker*. But idk, I didn't like Everly in Wrong. I can't imagine reading an entire book about her.

Sherlock – there were enough gay references in season 1 that I see why the producer had to answer that question. Especially since in ep 1 he seems to specifically tell Watson. Oh well, I guess it's still a super cool spin off from the books.

Maryse May 14, 2016 at 9:08 AM

*phew* Okay I can read in ease. I get to be one person the whole way through and stress and feel like she does. MY FAVORITE!!! :D

Fabi May 14, 2016 at 9:12 AM

I still haven’t started a new book. Should I jump on the Undecided bandwagon? Is it a 5 star? Is it a love triangle?

I’m tempted by Evil <— *snort*. What is it with then unintended puns this morning? But, it's Tijan…I loved her YA but am too chicken to read most of her other stuff.

I have so many goodies in my tbr that I'm having a hard time picking which one to gobble up next.

Fabi May 14, 2016 at 9:23 AM

Random comments… from last night’s convo about ages

Amy, my Mom married at 20 and was married 50 years. My sister in law married at 20 and they’re about to celebrate their 24 year anniversary. On the other hand, I married at 24 (the first time) and it lasted almost a year. So…you go girl! When it’s right, it’s just right regardless of the age.

Fabi May 14, 2016 at 9:49 AM

Help. I don’t usually have this much trouble picking my next read. I seem to be on a nice romance roll so I should probably stay on that track for now.

I’ve narrowed it down to 7 that I’m interested in reading next. (Not a small feat considering my tbr). Which one is next ladies? help help help

Sinners on Tour by Olivia Cunning
Enemies of the State by Tal Bauer
Ladies Man by Katie Evans
Mister O by Lauren Blakely
Tapping the Billionaire by Max Monroe
Truth in the Dark by Amy Lane
Undecided by Julianna Keyes

bev May 14, 2016 at 10:00 AM

The only one I’ve read from your 7 is Undecided. It is really good. And, I think, a fast read. She plays a bit with some tropes and It is fun.
Did you read Big Rock? I saw a reviewer mention she enjoyed it and wanted to read Mister O, so am curious about it.

bev May 14, 2016 at 10:03 AM

Cheryl, I agree about wanting a bit more at the end.
In Sherlock I like how, for the most part, he has this circle of family and friends who love him. And the audience loves him. Even though he is a jerk, lol. And yes, John is his person, lol.

Maryse May 14, 2016 at 10:28 AM

Undecided – just the title alone should decide for you. And if you ask me, I’d say it has an “Elle Kennedy” feel to it (you know like… “The Deal”). The witty, easy-flow writing, and the inner dialogue. You’ll love her!

VERY GOOD so far…

let’s buddy read. Come on!!! Please??!

Fabi May 14, 2016 at 10:33 AM

OMG!!! Elle Kennedy?! Sold to the highest bidder!

Fabi May 14, 2016 at 10:35 AM

Oh, and yes Bev, I read Big Rock. Mister O is definitely on my radar. I’d love to see how the dynamic with lil’ sis plays out.

Amy May 14, 2016 at 10:40 AM

Fabi…I vote for Undecided!!

I am really, really, REALLY enjoying it. :D The banter, the h’s narration “voice” and her thoughts, Crosbie and Kellan’s interactions…it’s all FUN!! Even though I was a bit jarred by the name Kellan…there’s only one “Kellan” in my mind. ;)

But the big “secret” from that could cause a big problem…*squeals and bites fist* Just say something already and get it over with!! (if it is what I think it is) Then again, if she DID say it then the story would be over that much quicker. Boo.

OR it’s a totally different secret and YAY DRAMA!!!!

*giggle* Too much coffee this morning trying to counter the effects of too many martinis last night. ;)

Fabi May 14, 2016 at 10:44 AM

lol Amy. I’m about to start reading even though I don’t have a lot of time left for reading this morning. I’m on my third *stress* cup of coffee myself.

You know you’re addicted when a few hours between your last and next read cause untoward anxiety.

“Hello, my name is Fabi and I’m a readaholic.”

Amy May 14, 2016 at 10:50 AM

On marrying young…

I don’t regret marrying hubby at all (he’s an amazing guy) but being older now, I wish we would have waited and experienced more as just young people and not a married couple struggling to make it, ya know?

That being said, it IS pretty awesome to look at him and know he’s been mine for over half our lives. ;)

Kind of like when I come on here and get the warm-and-fuzzies ’cause I feel like y’all are “mine” and have been for a while. Aaaaaaand with that mushy comment I’m going to go back to my corner and nurse my coffee…

Amy May 14, 2016 at 10:54 AM

Fabi! I know that feeling…when you finish one really good or even great book and you don’t have another one just yet, it’s freaking stressful, LOL!

It’s called readaholic withdrawals. *slides a pot of coffee over to Fabi*

Fabi May 14, 2016 at 10:55 AM

*cradles pot of coffee with one hand while one-clicking with the other*

Thanks Amy. You’re the nearest.

Fabi May 14, 2016 at 10:58 AM

nearest? wth? How did autocorrect get “nearest” from “bestest”?

Amy May 14, 2016 at 11:03 AM

*snicker* Maybe it new you meant “nearest and dearest” ;)

Wow, I’m just full of the cheesiness this mornin’. *snort*

R. Renee May 14, 2016 at 11:05 AM

It’s ok Amy. I think its obvious you have Kahlua in your coffee this morning :)

Fabi May 14, 2016 at 11:19 AM

I LOVE you ladies. Maryse! I’m only a few pages in but I swear I haven’t loved a book like this since The Deal.

“…telling people I live with Kellan McVey is like telling them I live in a candy store or a bank vault…”

I love her! Her internal dialogue is perfect. And his “foot in mouth” problem is hilarious .

Amy May 14, 2016 at 11:20 AM

*covers R’s mouth*

*pours Kahlua into R’s coffee*

That oughta quiet ya down for a bit. :P

R. Renee May 14, 2016 at 11:21 AM

Thanks Amy, but mine was already full of vodka ;) I think you just made me a White Russian! *stumbles to the kitchen for a refill*

Fabi May 14, 2016 at 11:21 AM

“…it’s a cardigan, not a chastity belt…” rotfl

Bev! You don’t squee loud enough for your book picks. Come on girl, give it your all when you know we’re missing out.

Amy May 14, 2016 at 11:23 AM

Fabi, right?? Her inner commentary is hilarious. This one for whatever reason made me snort out loud last night…

“Paired with her bleached hair and signature red lipstick, she looks like a cross between a fifties movie star and a naughty schoolgirl who hates me.”

The last three words of that line were so unexpected and it just hit me as funny.

Fabi May 14, 2016 at 11:26 AM

I’m buying plastic bats for the lot of you. You are to hit me over the head when I’m missing out on one of these greats.

Tum, white Russian, me likey. omg, it’s still morning time

R. Renee May 14, 2016 at 11:27 AM

Not in Europe, Fabi.

Fabi May 14, 2016 at 11:27 AM

It must be time to stop commenting so much. My autocorrect is out to get me.

Fabi May 14, 2016 at 11:27 AM

So true R! and damn, but I wish I was there

bev May 14, 2016 at 12:06 PM

Cheryl. ….*snort*. I was just washing dishes and suddenly, finally, “got” one of your comments. Lol.

bev May 14, 2016 at 12:12 PM

*squ….* Nope can’t do it. Not a squeer (?).
I just name drop them ad nauseam.

Maryse May 14, 2016 at 1:16 PM

YAY!!!! I KNEW it, the minute I started… this was one of “those”. ;) Thank you to everyone that pointed it out to me (us). This was exactly what I was in the mood for.

Fabi May 14, 2016 at 1:43 PM

Yes, it has that BD, The Deal, etc. feel. Loving the snot out of it.

Linda May 14, 2016 at 2:07 PM

Tapping the Billionaire by Max Monroe was an absolutely hilarious sexy read. Perfection for me!!!

Amy May 14, 2016 at 2:29 PM

Okay, it’s official…I’m absolutely loving Undecided.

The feels…holy moly the feels.

bev May 14, 2016 at 2:35 PM

Amy, where are you at?

I’m almost done with Saving June. It been a pretty good read. Snarky, prickly heroine, road trip, and music.

Michelle May 14, 2016 at 3:01 PM

Aww man I had to look at the comments. Just sat down to start The Empty Jar and all this love for Undecided…*huffs over my lack of willpower and 1-clicks*

Cheryl May 14, 2016 at 3:22 PM

Bev, burned? In more than one way!! *snicker-snort*

After Undecided, (it had all the “feels” from the start, although I wanted MORE at the end), I felt like you Fabi because I didn’t know what to read next. I decided to go to my tbr list to try to figure out what to read. Started reading A Taste Of Summer- have not read an actor story in a while. Pretty good second-chance romance. We’ll see…

Fabi May 14, 2016 at 3:38 PM

*points at Michelle* peer pressure at it finest

Bev, are you taking notes?

Tessa May 14, 2016 at 3:59 PM

*waves to Lauren* You got to FL while im leaving. ( Yeah, posting from the boarding gates) OMG you all make Undecided sound irresistible. That’s on the buy next list. ☺ I read almost a chapter of Evil. In my defense, that was because i was too busy with trying new drinks. So now I shall finish chapter one!

bev May 14, 2016 at 4:00 PM

I think I need to take my head out of a book and clear it before I decide on my next read. Not sure what direction I feel like taking.

bev May 14, 2016 at 4:04 PM

On how to peer pressure? Fabi, I think you just tune me out. Lol. Seriously. I think everyone else is like, bev we GET it ALREADY with the Jellicoe Road, Written in Red, Sherlock (side eyes Amy) and etc.

bev May 14, 2016 at 4:07 PM

Tessa, having a vacation read is cool and all, but you were at amusement parks. I’m a book lover, but if you said you stayed in to read instead of gone to have Butter beer I’d be giving you a look.

Fabi May 14, 2016 at 4:07 PM

hahaha you’re probably right. I had a really pesky little brother growing up so I probably do tune out. BUT, I was refering to the squeeing comments convincing Michelle she should try the book.

bev May 14, 2016 at 4:11 PM

Maryse, Fabi just called me a pesky little boy.
She made me an Andy.

Jan130 May 14, 2016 at 6:29 PM

Hmmm. It’s a while since I watched Sherlock, but I’m pretty sure I remember some episodes where … hang on. I don’t want to give away any spoilers, but I think it’s pretty safe to say Sherlock’s not homosexual.

Australia on Cloud 9 this morning. Our girl Dami Im (yes, that’s her actual name) came second in the Eurovision Song Contest. Amazing. And she topped the Jury votes. Go Dami!

I liked Wrong, although the scene in the obgyn’s office is just WRONG! But I guess that’s the point lol. The ending was sweet. After the recs here, I guess I’d better try Right.

I’d better try Mister O as well. The blurb made it seem a bit OTT for me, but I did love Christina Lauren’s Beautiful Player with Will and Hanna so if it has that feel, I’m sold.

Amy May 14, 2016 at 6:42 PM

Are you going to read Undecided with us, Michelle??? ‘Cause it is ALL kinds of awesome! :D

Bev…I was at 55% when I said that earlier, after the movie theater and dinner part (right after Halloween). This book, I swear…SO fun.

“Fabi just called me a pesky little boy. She made me an Andy.” <—– HA!! *points to Bev and hops up and down* Turnabout is fair play, my dear!!!! :P

bev May 14, 2016 at 6:44 PM

The Woman.

bev May 14, 2016 at 6:51 PM

Now I’m Undecided. I can’t settle. I want to read them all.

I’m feeling like you Amy, all jittery leg, wanting a book. Just do not have the talent for the innuendo.

Jan130 May 14, 2016 at 7:06 PM

I’m at 72% with Undecided and I’m flagging. What is it with me and the two-third/ three-quarter mark in books? When I get so far and start to lose interest. When it seems like the ending is a done deal and if I’m not fully invested in the characters, I start to feel … meh … what other book can I try? It happened with Tapping the Billionaire, too. And My Commander. Both sweet reads in their way, as is Undecided. But just not holding my interest all the way through.

Maybe I’m just a grinch. Don’t let me spoil your fun ladies.

bev May 14, 2016 at 7:18 PM

I’m listening to this right now and have to share cause the very beginning is the best husband story. But bad librarian.

bev May 14, 2016 at 7:20 PM

Jan, ask Amy & Maryse. They could load you up on books that you won’t feel secure about the ending. I don’t have like a huge pow one, but Deeper by Robin York is wonderful.

bev May 14, 2016 at 7:32 PM

Ok, I’m in love with this woman’s husband, lol. He created her blog off of the H’s book blog in the Luxe series. One reason so he could read it when deployed. Even if you don’t listen click and look at the pictures of her hhusband’s expression listening to a book.

Fabi May 14, 2016 at 7:36 PM

awww Bev, that’s pretty sweet

Jan130 May 14, 2016 at 7:42 PM

Thanks Bev. I don’t mind knowing what’s going to happen in the end. In fact I quite like anticipating a lovely HEA. But I think sometimes I’m not involved enough in the characters to keep wanting to read on for that sweet payoff.

I’ll have a look at Deeper, though.

MichelleS May 14, 2016 at 8:10 PM

Wait until you get to “smells like French fries” in Undecided. Oh Lordy! It was exactly what I needed, just a good old fashioned young romance with a little bit of angst thrown in.

Now, I’m thinking zombie apocalypse… Thicker Than Blood.

bev May 14, 2016 at 8:35 PM

So….I’m walking& listening and bought two books from their recs. Will power where are you?
But she (and her husband) both loved Dumplin, which was one of my favorites last year. Plus she loved An Ember in the Ashes. This would of been on the list but it was literally the book I started right after I did my list. This was a really good and seriously fun book. The sequel comes out this summer and I have randomly been thinking about it since December.

Amy May 14, 2016 at 8:46 PM

Oh sh!t…oh sh!t…oh SH!T!!!!!

I just hopped off the couch and my iPad fell on the ground. Not kidding. True story and all that crap.

I knew it was coming and I figured I wouldn’t react because I just KNEW it would happen, but…but…but…I’m attached to them now and just NOOOOOOOOO! I don’t want it to happen!!

*falls on tummy and screams into pillow*

Alright, I’m okay. I’m okay. Deep breath. Here goes.

*picks up iPad and goes back to Undecided*

Amy May 14, 2016 at 8:47 PM

*pauses reading*

Michelle…YES to Thicker Than Blood. Definitely YES. That book needs some love aside from mine around here. ;)

*goes back to reading*

bev May 14, 2016 at 8:50 PM

I’m curious as to what you all think at the end. I mentioned before but I like the way she played with some tropes.

Amy May 14, 2016 at 9:44 PM

*sighs and cradles iPad to chest*

THAT was perfect. So, so perfect. Honestly? No complaints from me about this one. Like, at all. And as far as the ending/epilogue goes, I personally don’t need a long, drawn-out ending or epilogue. Truth be told, I actually end up skimming those lovey-dovey, ewey-gooey epilogues, so this one? Yeah, it was perfect for me.

It’s been a long time since I’ve had a book put me in a book-love fog like this. Gah, I’ve missed it. ;)

Amy May 14, 2016 at 9:56 PM

Oh, and Jan…Bev is right. You ever want a list of books where the ending is uncertain and/or unexpected? Heck YEAH, we can hook you up with a bunch of them. No promises that they will give you the warm and fuzzies, and no promises that they won’t kick your heart’s a$$…but isn’t that the point of reading them? ;)

Amy May 14, 2016 at 11:39 PM

Wait…the one epilogue I didn’t want to skim was the Tristan and Danika epilogue. But we EARNED that epilogue, dammit. And I unabashedly sobbed my way through it. First and only time I sobbed through that sort of an epilogue.

Grace May 14, 2016 at 11:49 PM

Bev! I just listened to that podcast. That librarian is nuts! My husband was in the room and listened along with me, then he actually apologized for not being as awesome as that guy! LOL! Honestly, my husband is so much better, but I’ll have to convince him of that myself….eventually. Don’t want to stand in the way of his motivation and all.

Grace May 15, 2016 at 12:13 AM

*overhears husband walking out the door grumbling* “Hmfft…This guys in my head now!”

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!
You are awesome Bev!!!!

Michelle May 15, 2016 at 8:08 AM

You guys are always right :D really enjoying Undecided. Didn’t get too far since kept getting distracted yesterday but hope to finish today.

bev May 15, 2016 at 8:24 AM

Grace, I couldn’t imagine a librarian doing that. It’s crazy. I’m sure your husband is wonderful just as he is, lol.

bev May 15, 2016 at 8:26 AM

Amy, didn’t you just want to swipe that phone out of his hand?

Amy May 15, 2016 at 9:54 AM

Bev…YES!!! When they were sitting at the table, right? I was all, “dude, just STOP!”

That book was so fun. :D

Tessa May 15, 2016 at 10:37 AM

*blinks* I’m home. I literally read all of Evil while on the plane yesterday. I love Tijan, but in this case, I have to say, it was just okay. The beginning was so good, but I just felt like in the end it dropped off. I will read Undecided eventually. It sounds perfect.

bev May 15, 2016 at 11:53 AM

Fabi!!! Grey!!!! I found your next read. Lol.

*whispers in little teeny mouse voice*
I still do not like that label.

Fabi May 15, 2016 at 12:35 PM

Bev!!! Mine, mine, mine. That sounds so good! Its supposed to release tomorrow but there’s no pre-order for it on Amazon, otherwise I would have already one-clicked it. Thank you!

Grey May 15, 2016 at 1:24 PM

Bev, boy have you got my number! yes please and thank you! Gimme!

I am recovering from last night and this morning! I had to chaperone the prom last night, then went out afterward with the other chaperones…and… uh,, had a post prom party LOL! Then this morning I walked in the JDRF walk. I am soooo tired, I sometimes forget that I can’t party like I’m 18 …er…21 *blink, blink* anymore.

I haven’t been able to read at all in the past couple of days. I am finishing Deception. Then it looks like Smut it is, my favorite! *wink, wink*

Jean May 15, 2016 at 4:32 PM

Just 1-clicked Undecided. How could I not? That will be next for me.

I finally read Painted Faces this past week, which I loved. I’m reading When You Make It Home now which I am also loving… It’s a broken guy so ya know, he needs me.

Michelle May 15, 2016 at 5:16 PM

Amy, Undecided was fun but now I’m out if the mood for The Empty Jar :( I want something grittier so going with Hetch by River Savage. Fabi and Grey check that cover out *drool*

Fabi May 15, 2016 at 5:54 PM

Michelle, that cover is gorgeous!!!

I was going to read Mind Magic by Poppy Dennison next because it’s a loan, but Maryse’s post has me in the mood for something grittier. I’m thinking of diving into ‘bang’ that has been on my tbr since before Maryse read it. I just hope its gritty as opposed to just sad.

DG May 15, 2016 at 6:57 PM

Hello ladies! Sooo been at the fields this weekend but was able to sneak in a couple of books here and there. Yesterday I finished From This Day Forward…and 3 starred it…and wrote a short review on GR…and had the author comment back! Geez…kinda felt bad for 3 starring it. But it ended in a cliffy which I really hate and somehow missed the reference to it being a cliffy or I would have refrained from going there until the other book was out. And the back and forth marriage issues…yeah, not bad but just not what I was expecting…..

DG May 15, 2016 at 7:02 PM

Whew! So with all that said….started Tapping the Billionaire!!! HILARIOUS!!! About 30% in and I am cackling…not giggling….out loud cackling! The things that comes out of HER mouth! Just straight up hilarious! Yeah, so totally loving it!

bev May 15, 2016 at 7:27 PM

It is a quiet Sunday, it seems.

No real reading time for me yet today. Pfft.

Let us gossip about everyone who is not here.

Cheryl May 15, 2016 at 7:37 PM

Pretty good reading weekend. Finished Undecided- which I LOVED; A Taste of Summer (Beyond the Mathews Family Book 1), which started out a little slow and had some editing issues that bugged me, but it improved as it went a long and I ended up really enjoying it; now I’m reading Rush, which reminds me of the Game on Series by Kristen Callihan, although not quite as well written.

Bev, thanks, Karina Halle’s books are a one-click for me. :)

bev May 15, 2016 at 8:00 PM

Your welcome.

So….what do you think of that Maryse chic whose been hanging around?

Maryse May 15, 2016 at 8:12 PM

Hey!!!!! :-? ???

*snort* :P

Maryse May 15, 2016 at 8:21 PM

Amy… I think we have a “dangerous-book” reputation on here. ;) *snort*

But you guys. The books are SOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!

bev May 15, 2016 at 8:23 PM

Oh..uh…I meant Michelle. Stupid auto correct.
Ha. Ha.

Maryse May 15, 2016 at 8:23 PM

*looks up what an “Andy” is*

Fabi… what’s an Andy, and why is bev a boy?

bev May 15, 2016 at 8:24 PM

*writes note to Cheryl*

I heard she reads dirty books.

*raises eyebrows significantly*

Ps. If your my friend circle Y or N

bev May 15, 2016 at 8:30 PM

Lol. I am halfway convinced that Amy is really a teenage boy named Andy.
Fabi, implied she tunes me out like she learned to do with her pesky little brother.

Amy May 15, 2016 at 8:33 PM

HEY!!! We’ve been over this! *stamps foot*

Not. A. Boy.

*puts fingers on jeans button*

Don’t make me prove it…y’all know I have no shame. :P

Amy May 15, 2016 at 8:36 PM

*sticks dangerous-book reputation” badge on blouse*

*slaps same badge on Maryse’s blouse*

We will wear those with pride, my friend!! :D

Amy May 15, 2016 at 8:38 PM

OMG…I totally just snorted over Bev’s “note” to Cheryl!!!! LOL!!!

Michelle May 15, 2016 at 9:08 PM

Beverly is bein’ sassy

Maryse May 15, 2016 at 9:13 PM

Although look you guys… come on! We love the sweet and sexy-fun ones too. I mean… Undecided wasn’t crazy… right?

Maryse May 15, 2016 at 9:13 PM

Ruh roh… Shameless Amy is about to prove stuff.

Tee hee!!!

bev May 15, 2016 at 9:14 PM

Cheryl, did you hear that Amy
Took her pants off. In front of EVERYONE!
Her and that Maryse chic, I think she’s french, are strutting around like they own the place. I say they need a scarlet A, but they’d just wear it as a badge of honor or something.

Maryse May 15, 2016 at 9:14 PM

Amy and bev…

stupid Nate!!!!

Maryse May 15, 2016 at 9:15 PM

LOL bev!!!!!!!!!!!

Can my “A” be pink? And have sparkles?

Amy May 15, 2016 at 9:31 PM

BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I *love* it when sassy Bev comes out to play!!

*starts decorating pink “A’s” with glitter while sipping plum wine*

These A’s are gonna be the bestest ever! :D

Maryse May 15, 2016 at 9:32 PM

*sneaks off with Amy’s plum wine*

Mmmmmm sweetness….

bev May 15, 2016 at 9:34 PM

Ruh roh. Full name.

Yes, pink and sparkling for sure.

Oh, Nate. I had to set my Kindle down too.
But, seriously how great were the characters of Kellan & Crosbie? I almost wish I’d been less in the know about that aspect. It would of been a fun surprise. Even so, Kellan surprised me, lol.

Amy May 15, 2016 at 9:45 PM

*looks for glass of wine*

*shakes head and pours another glass*

And Nate…holy MOLY did I want to throttle him. That was the part where I freaked out. I swear, I’ve been thinking about that book all day today. :D

bev May 15, 2016 at 9:46 PM

Oh. Hey. Know what the first episode of Sherlock is called?
A Study in Pink.

Just saying.

*lifts hands*
*backs away*
Off to read review.

Amy May 15, 2016 at 9:49 PM

*throws handful of pink glitter at Bev*

Cheryl May 15, 2016 at 10:09 PM

OMG, Bev!! I’ve been cleaning my laptop after I did a spit-take when reading your “note.”

*passes note back with Y circled*

Dirty books *waggles eyebrows or at least attempts to*

*whispers back* Bet it’s not the first time Amy has taken her pants off in front of everyone. :>

*Swipes Amy & Marsye’s “dangerous-book reputation” badges and replaces with Scarlet D’s and grabs glass of plum wine*

I think that Maryse chick is the ringleader. Just sayin’

bev May 15, 2016 at 10:26 PM

Oui. I’ve hear the French girls are fast.
Ooooh, Cheryl is getting sassy.

bev May 15, 2016 at 10:26 PM
Grace May 15, 2016 at 10:54 PM

Wow! You all are unruly!

Just wanted to say that I’m reading The Summer Games and really enjoying it. I seem to be on a roll with tension filled build up books right now. I really enjoyed Scoring Wilder, but I’m kind of loving that although those characters are in this one it’s not at all about them. I’m voting Freddie the Duke of Sexy! Even with a name like Frederick Archibald! LOL!

After this SMUT!
Bev! Your book credibility is as epic as your TV cred and your Link cred and your smart mouth cred!!!!

Amy May 15, 2016 at 11:34 PM

Hey! I’ll have you know I’ve NEVER taken my pants off in front of a bunch of people. *looks at ceiling and thinks back* Yeah, never have.

However…when I was 21 or 22, we were at our friends’ apartment (another couple) and we had all been drinking (big surprise) and they dared me to take off my top and swing on the swings in the complex’s playground at about 10:00 at night. I had on this adorable new demi-bra from Victoria’s Secret that made my mediocre girls look VA-VA-VOOM so of course I said yes. *eyeroll* All was fine until a car was going by and the person slammed on the brakes (squealing tires and all), so I freaked out and tried to jump out of the swing…perfect time for the swing to break on one side, dumping my half-dressed a$$ into the sand where one of my girls decided to pop out and say “hi!” to everyone.

But hey, at least my pants stayed on. ;)

Amy May 15, 2016 at 11:38 PM

Bev…can you believe I never watched Friends? I was all into ER during that time.

*cups hand to Maryse’s ear and whispers* Did you hear the rumor that Bev called you fast? And she AND Cheryl are spreading rumors about me taking my pants off in front of people! *huffs* Are we gonna let them get away with it??

Grace May 15, 2016 at 11:47 PM

Waaaaahhhh! I can’t one click on Smut! It’s not showing up! I hate being a day ahead! It’s the 16th here!!!!! That is the release date, right?
*blinks brown puppy dog eyes with teary eyelashes*
Blink, blink. Sniff.

bev May 15, 2016 at 11:50 PM

Never? Never Ever? I’m not sure what to say about that.

Good night ladies.

Fabi May 16, 2016 at 1:29 AM

*huffs* a person can’t get any sleep around here with all the whispering and note crinkling going on *crosses arms and taps foot with a serious look*

Jan130 May 16, 2016 at 2:45 AM

Yeah Grace. I enjoyed Scoring Wilder and The Summer Games as well. Both sweet reads, even for those who aren’t usually into sports romance. Oh yeah, Freddie is HOT!!

I can’t see Smut yet either. Will check again tomorrow. That title! lol. Will have to hide my shame from my family. Although they’d probably just tolerantly roll their eyes and say Muuummmm.

Jan130 May 16, 2016 at 2:46 AM

Just realised that sounds bad! My kids are all grown-up so it’s ok if they see me reading a book called Smut. lol.

Grace May 16, 2016 at 2:54 AM

Jan130 – LOL! Hubby broke out laughing at me because I was whining that “I can’t find Smut!”
But he knew he was marrying into crazy. My parents e-mail handles are her name with the number 69 and my Dad’s is his name with the number 68. Then he gets the biggest kick out of telling you his is 68 because she owes him one! He is 84 and she is 76!

Jan130 May 16, 2016 at 3:06 AM

Your parents sound cute! Gotta keep that sense of humour at any age.

*casually turns laptop screen away from husband seated nearby while searching amazon for Smut*

Jean May 16, 2016 at 8:12 AM

Just read over all your comments from last night! You guys are hysterical!

Shannon Myers May 18, 2016 at 1:19 PM

Thank you for the blurb on my book! Much love! :)