<— PENELOPE DOUGLAS JUST WENT LIVE ALERT!!! Punk 57 is ready, and our fellow book-buddy, Grey, LOVED it!
Grey: This book took my feels for the Fall Away series, Corrupt and Misconduct threw them in the Kitchen-Aid and turned that sucker on. You’re going to read a million reviews of what this story is about, plus I’m not a spoiler queen, so I’m not going to waste your time recapping the story for you. Read the book! I’m just going to tell you that Penelope Douglas doesn’t pull any punches…
Kelly: Yee-Haw! I F-LOVE her books.
Gaaaaahhhh!!! That blurb was like a sucker-punch!! I LOVE IT!
Look what else we found! (NOTE: some are bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order. Sales listed are for Amazon U.S., however some of the Amazon UK links also reflect the sale!):
- Punk 57 by Penelope Douglas <— OKAY so of course I’ll start out this list with this one, ’cause OH MY IT SOUNDS LIKE IT WILL BE DELIGHTFULLY INFURIATING & ANGSTY!!! They were pen pals for years but when he finally saw her, he hated her?!! YIKES!!! “Her letters are always on black paper with silver writing. Sometimes there’s one a week or three in a day, but I need them. She’s the only one who keeps me on track, talks me down, and accepts everything I am. We only had three rules. No social media, no phone numbers, no pictures. We had a good thing going. Why ruin it? Until I run across a photo of a girl online. Name’s Ryen, loves Gallo’s pizza, and worships her iPhone. What are the chances? F*ck it. I need to meet her. I just don’t expect to hate what I find.” <—- EEEEEEP!!!! (here it is on Amazon UK)
- Dragons Need Love, Too (I Like Big Dragons Series Book 2) by Lani Lynn Vale <— LIVE!! SHE WAS RAISED IN A COMMUNE & HE LITERALLY SWOOPS IN AND CLAIMS HER AS HIS MATE ALERT!! “Brooklyn just wants to be free to make her own decisions and live her life as she pleases. But in her quest to save herself from the limitations of her old commune life, she lands herself in a dangerous situation, and Nikolai swoops in to her rescue, throwing her on the back of his dragon and flying off into the night. He’s a man-with-a-plan kind of guy, and she’s a fly-by-the-seat-of-her-pants (not on the back of a dragon!) kind of girl...” (here it is on Amazon UK)
- Marry Me Mad: The Rousseaus #2 (The Blueberry Lane Series Book 13) by Katy Regnery <— THE “NICE” TWIN GOES A LITTLE WILD and he has to save her (by the way, HE’S HER TWIN’S EX!!) “…an unlikely friendship is born between the rebellious librarian and the moonlighting pianist…and two broken hearts begin a journey toward being whole again.” (p.s. it can be read as a standalone!) (here it is on Amazon UK)
- Addicted (Tempting Book 4) by Alex Lucian <— JUST WENT LIVE!!! SHE’S AN ESCORT ALERT!!! “Elias was dark and tempting. Unmatched in intensity and passion compared to my other clients. He handed me cash in exchange for my touch, and he dug himself into my heart instead. Money changes things, firms up the lines of a relationship. But when it becomes an addiction—an all-consuming, life-changing addiction—the lines are completely obliterated.” (p.s. it’s super-bargain priced today and CAN be read as a standalone!) (here it is on Amazon UK)
- Closer to You (Grindstone Harbor Book 1) by Cat Mason <— LIVE! SHE’S A ROCKSTAR LOOKING TO GET AWAY & SHE WALKS INTO HIS BAR ALERT! It’s listed as a romantic comedy, too. I LOVE FUNNY! “The last thing he expected was for a woman to come into town and rock his world, but his beautiful new neighbor has a way of leaving him tongue tied and tripping over himself every time he gets near her. Bristol knows her time in Grindstone Harbor is only temporary. The recording studio calls and so does the stage...” (here it is on Amazon UK)
- The Reason for Me by Prescott Lane <— LIVE!!! THEY’RE NEIGHBORS… ;) ”Annalyse and I have both lived in our own personal hells for half a decade. She’s learned to love the warmth, and I’m still consumed. But my new neighbor is stoking more than my libido these days. We agreed on only pleasure. But she changed the rules. And now I’m not even sure what they are…” (here it is on Amazon UK)
- The Girl Across the Hall by Thayer King <— LIVE!!! HE’S A PLAYER BUT HE’S INTO HIS SHY NEIGHBOR… “Lately, he’s become obsessed with the shy beauty across the hall. He knows she’s not his usual type, but it can’t hurt to ask….” (here it is on Amazon UK)
- Dare (In Safe Hands Book 2) by S.M. Shade <— LIVE!!! HE’S A PLAYER BUT HE’S INTO HIS SHY NEIGHBOR… Yep… another one. I love the sounds of these! LOL! And it can be read as a standalone. “Ayda is a good girl who keeps to herself, and I have no business pursuing her, but I’m not a man known for doing the right thing. I’m an ex-con. I’m a criminal. And I want her.” (here it is on Amazon UK)
- Garrett (Bachelors of the Ridge Book 2) by Karla Sorensen <— LIVE!!! THEY HATE EACH OTHER ALERT! “Garrett and Aurora are pushed into a situation neither of them want to be in— forced to work together for twelve months or risk losing everything. Twelve months where they can’t kill each other. Twelve long months, and only one of them will be left standing at the end. And in the process of surviving it—and each other—they’ll discover that there’s a very fine line between love and hate…” (it can be read as a standalone!) (here it is on Amazon UK)
- Butterfly by Rebecca Sherwin <— LIVE!!! DARK ROMANCE ALERT! Intriguing blurb… I’m curious about this one! (here it is on Amazon UK)
Will he save me from his hell,
Or remind me just how hard I fell?
I once was Erin, fierce and strong.
Now this pitch black world is where I belong.
I’ve waved the girl I was goodbye.
Now I am his Butterfly…
- Saints of Sin: MC Bad Boy Biker Romance by Eve Carter <— LIVE! BIKER BOOK ALERT (love triangle?) and it can be read as a standalone… “When newly graduated FBI agent, Jen Goodwin, goes home for her sister’s funeral, it’s only supposed to be a short trip. But two men from her past intervene with destiny. Brad Blackwell, ex-boyfriend and now a sheriff’s deputy, and Raz Ramsey, member of Saints of Sin, an outlaw biker club.” (here it is on Amazon UK)
- Halloween Treats by Alexa Riley <— LIVE!! TRICK OR TREAT!!! I have a feeling that it’s ALL TREAT. ;) A NEW ALEXA RILEY JUST WENT LIVE (and of course, super-bargain priced right now!) ”It’s Halloween and we’re bundling our wickedly dirty books together just for you! And BONUS… We’re including a brand new shorty to get you in the spirit!” (here it is on Amazon UK)
- Fault (Define Book 3) by Nicola Hudson <— LIVE!!! SHE’S ABOUT TO BE HOMELESS… “When Noah offers Grace a place to stay, it is an act of generosity that she has little choice but to accept. As they spend time together, their feelings grow beyond friendship and they become increasingly important parts of each other’s lives. But it’s not just their lives they have to think about and the challenges they face threaten to overwhelm their relationship…” (it’s super-bargain priced today AND it can be read as a standalone!) (here it is on Amazon UK)
- Thoughtless by S.C. Stephens <— ANGSTIEST MOST EXCITING LOVE TRIANGLE EVER ALERT! ONE OF MY FAVORITE BOOKS EVER IS SUPER-BARGAIN PRICED TODAY!!!! Thoughtless on Amazon LOL!!! Look at that old cover… yeah the cover has changed so much since then, but not my love for this book! IT BLEW MY MIND!!!!!!!!! BROKE MY HEART & GAVE ME MULTIPLE PANIC ATTACKS!!! My review! (here it is on Amazon UK)
Kathy: One of the first books I read on kindle.
Maryse: Me too!!! Actually I don’t even know if I had the Kindle app back then, but def. one of the first books I ever read in “indie” format
Traci: One of my top favorites too
Lela: Loved that series. Must read with wine
Robin: Of course it is! Just after I bought the paper back because it was practically the same price for the ebook.
Teri: That is one of the best books ever. My first taste of contemporary romance angst! And like you all one of the first I read on kindle. But I still have the paperback of Beautiful Disaster.
Cait: God such an epic book loved it! Always fancied a drink in Petes
- Traded by Rebecca Brooke <— *GASP*!!! This husband sounds infuriating! And it’s super-bargain priced today! “When you’re done with me, you can walk away with no regrets. That’s how my husband sees me. I try to be the best wife possible for him. After all, he took me on when no one else would. Now–he’s in debt and owes more money to the loan shark than we can possibly repay. But, don’t worry, he’s come up with a solution, it’s just not one I was expecting. …I’ve been TRADED.” (here it is on Amazon UK)
Lauren: Traded is AWESOME! I read it last spring & it’s on my re-read list.
- Win Some, Lose Some by Shay Savage <— HE HAS ASPERGERS ALERT!!! Di-Ann enjoyed this recent release! (Here it is on Amazon UK)
Di-Ann: Just finished WIN SOME, LOSE SOME. Very sweet and easy read. I love Shay’s dark side but I really enjoyed her bright side!
- Three, Two, One (321): (A Dark Suspense) by J.A. Huss <— DARK READ & THIS ONE GOES THERE ALERT!!! It even surprised Amy! (here it is on Amazon UK)
Amy: Man, this one is messing with me. *shakes head*
Jean: Amy! I’m squeeing over your book. I loved 3, 2, 1…..such a unique storyline! I’ll be curious to see how you like it.
Amy: Damn…Three Two One was good but I need a shot of Jager now.
Fabi: LOL Amy, glad you liked 321. It was kind of ‘out there’.
Amy: Fabi…I DID really like it! You’re right, it’s definitely “out there” but it was fun to get pushed outside of my comfort zone. Yep Nay, it’s a menage book…I pretty much knew that going in, but HOLY MOLY! I didn’t expect it to go THERE!! *snort*
- Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon <— OMG OMG THIS SOUNDS AWESOME SO I JUST ONE-CLICKED IT!!!!! SHE CAN’T LEAVE THE HOUSE & HE MOVES IN NEXT DOOR ALERT!!! “My disease is as rare as it is famous. Basically, I’m allergic to the world. I don’t leave my house, have not left my house in seventeen years. The only people I ever see are my mom and my nurse, Carla. But then one day, a moving truck arrives next door. I look out my window, and I see him. He’s tall, lean and wearing all black—black T-shirt, black jeans, black sneakers, and a black knit cap that covers his hair completely. He catches me looking and stares at me. I stare right back. His name is Olly…” AND!!!!! bev recommends THIS one!!! (here it is on Amazon UK)
bev: Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon… Seriously good price and a really good read.
Arwen: Loved this one…a bit of a twist late in the story, very well done! Loved the characters. Hope you enjoy!
Alissa: Loved this book! Such an emotional ride
- Hausfrau: A Novel by Jill Alexander Essbaum <— PSYCHOLOGICALLY DISTURBING?!! YAY ME!!!! And now it’s official. BOTH R and Amy LOVE this book, so I’m reading it next. I’m in the mood for crazy! (here it is on Amazon UK)
R: I finished Hausfrau. Going to throw myself in front of a train now. Or shoot tequila. My options are endless.
Amy: R…do you see why I ended up holding my head and walking around in circles for, like, five minutes after I finished it?!? It was late at night and I was all, “how the %&$# am I supposed to sleep after THAT??” I’m so glad you loved it!
R: Hausfrau Maryse. Read it. I loved it an hour ago, but Amy just pointed something out and now I LOVE it. And I’m seriously disturbed. Taking Manny and none of you can stop me.
Amy: MARYSE!!!!!! *points to R’s comment about Hausfrau* *raises eyebrows* I think we need to hold off on the Marmy list until after you read Hausfrau…just in case you react the same way I did (and R did). ‘Cause if you do, it will need a spot on that list!!
R: I’m having a Hausfrau bookhangover something fierce. Thanks for that Amy.
Maryse: I LOVE me a book hangover, R… definitely moving it up my TBR, and I’m officially on it. Maybe even next since I already one clicked it months ago… I’m on it Amy!! This time I promise!!!!
- Between Here and the Horizon by Callie Hart <— THE BLURB DOES NOT PREPARE YOU FOR WHAT HAPPENS?!! *gasp* Oh, I love the sound of that, and DG is enjoying it as we speak!! (here it is on Amazon UK)
DG: Just got to say that I started Between Here and the Horizon…OMG!!! Couple chapters in and I was like …WTF! Definitely good…definitely not what I was expecting…I mean the blurb does not prepare you for what happens several chapters in! CRAZY different! But I am ALL IN!
- Written in the Stars by by Aisha Saeed <— ARRANGED MARRIAGE/EMOTIONALLY TORTUROUS ALERT! My book-bud bev is being emotionally tortured over this one!!!
bev: You guys I’m a coward… I’m in the last 20 minutes of it and I’m stuck. I’m afraid to read on. I actually feel anxiety, lol. I kind of want to just read the end and kind of don’t want to know at all. I didn’t think it would hit me this much,I mean I’d feel empathy of course for any in this situation, but sort of a slow start and didn’t realize I had connected so with the heroine.
bev: I’m stuck.
Grey: Awww bev. *hug* *I* might be scared of that book… Never read it.
Maryse: Ooooh bev!!! *runs to see what the book is about* Oh nooooooo!!!! WOW… I can’t even IMAGINE being in that situation. Heart wrenching.
Ela: That is some freaky stuff right there bev…..you poor thing!
R: Dang Everything, Everything looks good! But bev sold me with: “I’m in the last 20 minutes of it and I’m stuck. I’m afraid to read on. I actually feel anxiety, lol. I kind of want to just read the end and kind of don’t want to know at all.” Don’t even need to look up the book.” Sorry that you’re all twisty bev, but this sounds super awesome-y. Take comfort that your pain is my gain
Jean: “Your pain is my gain”…….blahahaha, that was hysterical R and I thought the same thing! (Sorry bev)
- Bittersweet (True North Book 1) by Sarina Bowen <— SARINA BOWEN (SEXY FARMER with a KA FEEL?!!) YES PLEASE! And Theresa recommends this one! (here it is on Amazon UK)
Theresa: Who knew farmers could be soooooo SEXY!!!!! I just finished Bittersweet by Sarina Bowen and it was a fun, sexy, feel good book that left me looking forward to the next release! The only warning I shall put out there is do NOT read this book if you are hungry because the home cooking was making my mouth water…so not fair to those of us that are not the best cooks in the world…reminded me of KA books! If you are looking for a sweet and at times sassy read then this one is for you…Enjoy!
- Paper Princess: A Novel (The Royals Book 1) by Erin Watt <— UNDERPRIVILEGED GIRL MOVES IN WITH A WEALTHY FAMILY (and now has BULLY foster brothers!!). This is one of my recent favorites is super-bargain priced today (thank you Anna!). P.S. Here’s my book review! (p.s. the trilogy is now complete, so there is no having to wait over cliffhangers, and “Erin Watt” is actually Elle Kennedy and Jen Frederick writing together!!) !!! (here it is on Amazon UK)
- Prince Lestat: The Vampire Chronicles AND Beauty’s Kingdom (Sleeping Beauty) by Anne Rice <— ANNE RICE ALERT! TWO OF HER BOOKS ARE SUPER-BARGAIN PRICED TODAY!
- Away from the Dark (The Light Series Book 2) by Aleatha Romig <— ALEATHA ROMIG’S LATEST RELEASE & Lisa loved it! (here it is on Amazon UK)
“Holy Heckballs! Finished Away from the Dark (book 2 of Into the Light) last night, and I’m still processing it. What an amazing little duet series that was.”
- AUDIOBOOK LVERS ➜ For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle ebooks are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. !!! VERY COOL! In fact, just toggle you and idea… here are the ones I’ve found from my own ebook library, that have an awesome “also available in audiobook” bargain price:
PREORDERS (next few days & next week’s!!! )
- The Fall by T Gephart - October 23rd 2016
- A Place in the Sun by R.S. Grey - October 24th 2016
- Credo (Scars of the Wraiths Book 3) by Nashoda Rose - October 24th 2016
- Kept (The Enforcers series) by Maya Banks - October 25th 2016
- Tricked: A Dark Protectors Novella by Rebecca Zanetti - October 25th 2016
- Origins (New Earth Book 2) by Tigris Eden - October 25th 2016
- Leopard’s Fury (A Leopard Novel) by Christine Feehan - October 25th 2016
- Scoring the Billionaire (Bad Boy Billionaires Book 3) by Max Monroe - October 25th 2016
- The Whistler by John Grisham - October 25th 2016
- From Sand and Ash by Amy Harmon - October 25th 2016
- Submission is Not Enough (Masters and Mercenaries Book 12) by Lexi Blake - October 25th 2016
- The Bound (Ascension Book 2) by K.A. Linde - October 25th 2016
- Beneath These Shadows by Meghan March - October 25th 2016
- Pull Me Close: The Panic Series by Sidney Halston - October 25th 2016
- Big Package by Opal Carew - October 25th 2016
- The Billionaire Next Door (Billionaire Bad Boys Book 2) by Jessica Lemmon - October 25th 2016
- Boondocks by Casey Peeler - October 25th 2016
- Edges by C.G. Carroll - October 25th 2016
- Pull Me Close: The Panic Series by Sidney Halston - October 25th 2016
Rachel: Rachel: “Maryse I was recommended PULL ME CLOSE by Sidney halston via Goodreads. They’ve been harping on it so much I ended up getting a copy from Netgalley. Now I see what all the fuss is about! MARYSE, it is soooo damn good. Maybe the author will give you an arc or something. Listen to this…she had a tragic event something you are NOT expecting and has been a recluse for years because of it. She ends up meeting a guy who owns a nightclub. But she can’t go see him because she can’t leave her house beacaue she’s agoraphobic! Gahhh. So good.”
Jean: Oh, oh, oh……Pull Me Close! Already read an ARC and absolutely LOVED IT!!!! Highly recommend!
Mia: First time poster, long time follower. hahah. But I felt compelled to write. Earlier this week you posted a pre-order that I’ve had sitting on my Kindle for weeks from Netgalley and finally had the courage to read it. It’s called Pull Me Close. I don’t like books with damaged h’s because they make me cry and I hate to cry. Give me a Rom Com anytime of the week, please. Anyway. Christ on a cracker! It was the best book I’ve read this year. I swear, I was reading about myself most of the time. The h has social anxiety and hasn’t left her house but the events are based on like…current things. It’s one of those books you shouldn’t know too much about before going into it. So don’t say anything if you read it! Anyway, it was gooood. now I have a book hangover and am going to grab my usual Rom Com (A little Penny Reid for me). *sniffle sniffle*
Amy: Hi Mia!!! *big welcome hug* Don’t be a stranger around here. And thanks for the heads up on Pull Me Close…whenever I hear we shouldn’t know too much before going into a book, it’s like catnip for me.
➜ CHECK OUT ALL the upcoming BOOK RELEASES here (frequently updated and it goes all the way to 2017!)
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).