Suddenly Sunday Sales – 09-14-2014

by Maryse on September 14, 2014 · 39 comments

in eBook Deals

The last lazy day of my week and I’m thrilled ’cause it looks like Sunday has brought us a mini treasure-trove of 13 awesome looking bargains! In fact, one might just be my next read (the last one on the list). I’m SO in the mood for that kind of love story…

NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order.

• Beautiful Bride (Reed Brothers) by Tammy Falkner <— JUST RELEASED today!
  • Blindfolded Innocence by Alessandra Torre <— Super-sexy office romance by one of my favorite authors! I haven’t read this one yet, but I know it’s a well-loved series!
  • Masked Innocence by Alessandra Torre <— And here’s #2
  • Smolder: A Devil Chaser’s MC Romance by L. Wilder <— Recetly released BIKER BOOK ALERT!! “Taylor Roberts had been in love with her brother’s best friend for as long as she could remember. It was a love left burning in her heart–pointless, because it was love never returned.” <— YES!!!!! I love when that happens!
  • Crossing the Lines (Neighborly Affection) by M.Q. Barber <— From the blurb it’s M/M/F or? is that M/F/M? LOL! Or is it F/M/M? Tee hee! Okay I have no idea what I’m talking about. ;) But if you’re in the mood for a heated Sunday… maybe this?
  • Wife for Hire: A For Hire Novel by Christine Bell <— That title says it all! “It seems easy enough until a couples bonding game turns intimate, and they realize how dangerous their mutual attraction could be.”
  • Flat-Out Love by Jessica Park <— and one of my all-time favorites and this one comes from back in the day when I first discovered my love for indie! Here is my 5-star review!
  • Jahleel (Loving All Wrong Book 1) by S. Ann Cole <— OH YAY! This one’s so good (unrequited love… big time!!) and here is my review.
  • Priceless: A Rylee Adamson Novel (Book 1) by Shannon Mayer <— And Aimee found us these one sale!
  • Immune: A Rylee Adamson Novel (Book 2) by Shannon Mayer <— this one, too!
  • Raising Innocence: A Rylee Adamson Novel (Book 3) by Shannon Mayer <— and this one!
  • Shadowed Threads: A Rylee Adamson Novel (Book 4) by Shannon Mayer <— annnnnnd this one! :D
  • Worth the Fall: The McKinney Brothers by Claudia Connor <— JUST RELEASED MILITARY MAN ALERT and this one just sounds awesome, ’cause I have a feeling it will pull me into that dreamy love-fog! Bargain priced. Wow… there’s just something about this blurb that calls me… “They meet on a beach. . . .” and then…. They only have a week. . . . Abby has brought her children to this beach to start over, to give them the enjoyable memories they deserve. Matt’s been sidelined by a combat injury, and haunted by the best friend he lost and the promise he made: to remain a SEAL—focused and dedicated. This leaves no time for what he’s always wanted: a family. But a week is all it takes. . . . Matt opens her heart while Abby soothes his soul. And though they plan to say good-bye when the week is over, something magical happens on that beach, something neither can forget. Something utterly, completely worth falling for.”

bev September 14, 2014 at 11:01 AM

Worth the fall, just got this yesterday when I saw someone else rec it. I like that the heroine’s situation may be a little different than what I usually read.

Maryse September 14, 2014 at 11:31 AM

Yep, me too…

I’m totally starting this in about 10 minutes.

victoria September 14, 2014 at 11:32 AM

I’ve read over 200 books this year and Worth the Fall is one of my top ten for 2014! I cannot recommend enough for readers that enjoy contemporary romances. Hard to believe this is the authors debut novel. To say I am impressed would be an understatement. This is a MUST read, feel good book! Loved it!

Cheryl September 14, 2014 at 11:36 AM

Seeing Jahleel listed as book one I clicked on it and saw that the sequel Keeping Jahleel is out. Forgot there was going to be one. Think I’m going to read it today since I couldn’t decide what to read next and I agree Jahleel was sooo good!!

Maryse September 14, 2014 at 11:43 AM

I’m in at 2% and I already “awwwwwwwww’d”

I’m in love…

bev September 14, 2014 at 11:47 AM

Ok may have to start it. Michelle S I’ll keep reading MFS also.

Cheryl I have Jahleel but haven’t read it. Does it end on a cliff hanger?

Cheryl September 14, 2014 at 11:59 AM

I know Maryse, right!!! I love Jahleel’s 4-step wish!! *swoon*

Bev- no cliffhanger. Just left you wanting “more.”

Amy September 14, 2014 at 12:17 PM

Has anybody read the Rylee Adamson books? I’m not in the mood for PN right at this moment, but for that price??

So, WTF has y’all so excited, huh? *snort* I was talking about Worth the Fall, ladies…re-read it in that context. ;) It does look really good, though!

Cheryl September 14, 2014 at 12:30 PM

Maryse- oops misread which book you were talking about. Have to look at Worth The Fall after I finish Keeping Jahleel. It’s a novella, so should be a quick read. :)

Maryse- since you’re just starting WTF(the book), does this mean you finished the 5-star book you were gushing about last night??

bev September 14, 2014 at 12:53 PM

Lol, love the new book acronyms, .BS&WTF.

Cheryl, I’m so curious too.

Cheryl September 14, 2014 at 12:57 PM

Also have read the Innocence books above by Alessandra Torre. Hot, steamy, a little far-fetched at times, but overall a good read.

Jill September 14, 2014 at 1:17 PM

I’m 37% in and having lots of feels and heart aching for both the main characters in Worth the Fall! So far so good! :)

Maryse September 14, 2014 at 1:29 PM

Yep I finished it. It was great, but I’m still thinking between 4stars or 5stars. It was a student-teacher romance with a crazy twist… Review coming tonight…

Maryse September 14, 2014 at 1:30 PM

Worth the Fall is making me swoon like crazy. It’s great. Either that or I’m hormonal. ;)

Maryse September 14, 2014 at 1:31 PM

Yeah when I saw Amy write “WTF has y’all excited, huh?” I was all… Whoa! Amy’s all sorts of intense right now.

Ahhhhh riiiiiiggght WTF = Worth The Fall. ;)

bev September 14, 2014 at 1:39 PM

A little disappointed Maryse. I thoughtyou were going to say the farmer book, lol.

Tessa September 14, 2014 at 1:46 PM

Whoever recommended the Needing Moore series: thank you! It’s so good, and has sucked me in big time.

I read blinded by innocence, but never bought the second, so yeah! More for my TBR. I still have two !ore Eagle Elect books to read, but wanted a break between stories. Moore was perfect for that. :-)

MichelleS September 14, 2014 at 1:49 PM

Dang it. WTF sounds too Nicholas Sparks-y to me…..

Amy – “The farmer book!” *snort* – farmer Henner didn’t appeal to anyone then?

You want PN Amy? Where do I begin? That’s probably my biggest section in my own personal library…….. what kind of PN?

Lori September 14, 2014 at 1:55 PM

Loved Worth the Fall, it made me sob my guts out, in a good way.

Fabi September 14, 2014 at 3:19 PM

I thought we weren’t doing acronyms anymore. WTF hahaha
Maryse, I love student/teacher romance (in books only) they are so -idk- illicit or something. I just have to wait for your review now to find out 1. Which book it is and 2. if it’s a sob fest :-)

Michelle September 14, 2014 at 3:36 PM

Amy I’ve read the Rylee Adamson series. I think all seven previous books are actually .99. I posted this on the bargains thread a few days ago since the newest book just came out this week as well. I like the series and would snap them up for that price. I paid full price and still think they are worth it. With almost all series, some books are better than others but they are really addicting and were quick entertaining reads for me.

My library still does not have the rest of the Covenant books in blah so I went with Nora Roberts Dark Witch for today since I’m still on a PN kick. I might have to buy them instead *cringing away from book dom*

Tracy September 14, 2014 at 4:06 PM

Danika and Tristan! Holy cow! Hot hot hot! I just may need a cold shower – not like Tristan’s kind but whew. I have so many things to do and can’t put the dang ipad down.

Bt the way MichelleS, I think it was you that recommended the Dark Huntress series? Anyway, I finished the first book and after Bad Things, the second book One Foot in the Grave is next. That is if I can tear myself away from Tristan.

Maryse September 14, 2014 at 4:47 PM

LOL!! not the farmer book. You guys razzed me too hard on that one, that I’m gonna wait a few weeks until you forget it and then if it’s good, I’ll surprise y’all!

Amy September 14, 2014 at 4:50 PM

*snort* I don’t think I could ever make it through the farmer book after our, um, discussion! So kudos to anyone else that does. ;)

MichelleS, I’m not *really* in the mood for PNR right now (although I could use a good dose of Aiden – from Covenant, not Courtesan! Noooo, he scares me and scarred me.), but I figured for .99 that I should grab them if they are any good. And thanks for the input, Michelle [unknown initial]! *hee hee* Feeling goofy today from lack of sleep.

Tracy, if you can read Bad Things and don’t jump straight into Lovely Trigger, then I will be verrrrrrrry impressed. ;) Just know that it’s going to get rough. Just sayin’.

Amy September 14, 2014 at 4:53 PM

*Another* surprise read from you, Maryse?? Pshh, now you’re just really being a book tease. :P

Tracy September 14, 2014 at 4:58 PM

Oh no Amy ! S&#t! I didn’t know I was in for a rough patch. Thanks for the warning. I have to come here every few chapters for a cool down. They are in the pool right now.

Abby September 14, 2014 at 5:36 PM

Harbour Falls by SR Grey is also 99 cents right now.

bev September 14, 2014 at 7:48 PM

Just started WTF and how cute is the football in the back?

julie o September 14, 2014 at 8:09 PM

I loved the Innocence Trilogy by Allesandra. I thought it was great and am loving Brad Deluca. wish there were more in the series.

Linda September 15, 2014 at 6:05 AM

Julie I too loved the Innocence trilogy. Haven’t read Brad’s book yet. I’m 68% into Reed’s Reckoning and so love this story. Highly recommend!!!

Ashley September 15, 2014 at 9:48 AM

Read “Pretty Instinct” by S.E. Hall in one day this weekend!!! Definitely 5 stars for me. I cannot even think about starting another book right now which seals it as a definite top on my list!

Cheryl September 15, 2014 at 1:31 PM

Oooh Linda I love a good sports romance. One-clicking Reed’s Reckoning.;)

Amy September 15, 2014 at 5:18 PM

Ashley, I took a peek at Pretty Instinct on Amazon (apparently I bought it back in May ;) ) and out of 240 reviews, only 8 are 3 stars and below. Wow! Now I’m really intrigued…

bev September 15, 2014 at 6:40 PM

Everyone has been quiet today. I finished Worth the Fall. Once I started it I couldn’t stop.
Now back to My Familiar Stranger. I really want to get to The Hook up too.
So is anyone reading anything good right now?

Ashley September 15, 2014 at 6:59 PM

Amy – the story is great especially the relationship she has with her brother. However, what I really liked about it was that it could have been formulaic but kept taking a slightly different turn which was pleasantly surprising.

MichelleS September 15, 2014 at 7:05 PM

Bev- YES – well, I think so anyway (reading something good)… I got my ARC copy of Reaper’s Stand (Reapers MC #4) by Joanne Wylde. It’s Picnic’s story, he’s the club’s prez (lost his wife to cancer a while back and is now a man-whore who has a “thing” for the cleaning lady)…. only on page 25 so I really have no clue, but I liked her other books and I’ve never received an advanced copy of anything before so I am stoked! And she is wondering why he’s called Picnic because he is not very “picnicky” – I thought that was funny.

I do want to read Maryse’s 4.5 star student/teacher one – but it’s too pricey for me right now. Nearly 8 bucks – I do that for beloved authors or for sure top reads…. seems awfully pricey to me. For an e-book and unknown author.

MichelleS September 15, 2014 at 7:47 PM

……….. cricket noise…………………………………………

bev September 15, 2014 at 8:35 PM

It is crickets tonight.
How fun Michelle S. I’ve never read an arc before the release date. That is a series I have to catch up on. Not to long ago I won some books and it was so fun to get a package of books in the mail.
Agree about the price for my established authors. Otherwise with sales I can buy eight books.

Cheryl September 16, 2014 at 6:30 AM

I was going to read the teacher-student one too until I saw the price. With so many books on my tbr list, I can wait until that one hopefully goes on sale. ;)