Big Movie News Update!! On the Island by Tracey Garvis-Graves

by Maryse on May 4, 2012 · 21 comments

in News

Another one of my favorites from 2011 has just been optioned for a movie!!! Wooooo hoooo, just so exciting!!

Here is the news update from the author herself:

“I received some fantastic news yesterday and I’m beyond thrilled to announce that On the Island has been optioned for a feature film by MGM. I never thought I’d ever type those words.

I want to give my heartfelt thanks to my agent, Jane Dystel, of Dystel and Goderich Literary Management, and her co-agent in Hollywood, Steve Fisher, of the Agency for the Performing Arts, for making this happen. I couldn’t be in better hands.”

I told ya we had great book taste!! For those of you who haven’t read it yet, it is a MUST read!!! Full of drama, angst, survival, and best of all, intense romance!! Check out my review here. You’re gonna love the book, I just know it!

Rebecca Espinoza May 4, 2012 at 12:56 PM

Yay! That’s awesome! Loved this book and the author seems like a nice person, she commented on my goodreads review of the book which made my day. Can’t wait for this to come out!

Maureen May 4, 2012 at 1:17 PM

This is great news! I loved this book too!

Scamp May 4, 2012 at 2:50 PM

Just bought it. reviews sound awesome, so many 5 stars!

Tori May 4, 2012 at 6:00 PM

Good for her! I loved this book. It was one of my all-nighters, but I just couldn’t put it down.

Scamp May 4, 2012 at 9:58 PM

Ok finished. That was so good and I would love to see a movie!

Maryse May 4, 2012 at 10:49 PM

It totally lends itself to an awesome movie!! Especially with that crazy reveal… it will be striking.

Becky May 5, 2012 at 8:20 AM

I loved this book. Very emotional for me. I was so happy to see that the movie rights were bought.

Laura J. May 5, 2012 at 5:06 PM

Just bought it and finished it in a marathon reading session….I just couldn’t stop! Thanks again for a such great recommendations! Can’t wait to see the movie!

Mak May 5, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Well, I will just say that I really hope the film does this amazing book justice. I’m always terrified that making my fave books into movies will ruin them. *fingers crossed*

Precious Mae: The Flipping Bookworm May 9, 2012 at 9:02 PM

Ohmy! I am so thrilled when I saw this. I totally love the book and Travis herself is so cool to actually give a comment to the review I gave for her book!

I am so excited for this one. I just hope that it will meet the expectations of the fans who truly love the book!

cheers!

Dr. Don May 15, 2012 at 5:41 PM

The book was thrilling, thought provoking, well constructed, simplistic in approach, easy and fast to read in several sessions, and a beautiful love story.
Excellent, rare writer!

Pamela Walker May 24, 2012 at 7:10 AM

Just finished reading this book last night. I read it in one day. I could not go to sleep after. I just kept thinking about everything this boy(man) and woman went through. One of the best I have read in a while. I was not sure where it was going but I was pleasantly surprised. This book would make a fantastic movie.

bookster July 18, 2012 at 12:09 PM

I read this book yesterday into the late early morning of today and my first thought was I HAVE to tell Maryse about this book!!! (ha ha haaaaaa to me) I happened to search it first on your site and there it was with movie information and everything!! laughing my ass off, of course you had already found this great read and shared it with us I just happened to be hibernating when you made all that big deal about it! :)

grace September 1, 2012 at 6:26 AM

I read the book twice already!I think I’ll pick up the book up again. At 58 I’m in love again, with TJ. Can’t wait to see the movie, please pick the right man to play TJ! Just love the story.

carrie October 22, 2012 at 3:27 PM

I loved this book. Best I have read in a while.

If I was casting this movie, I would go for Taylor Laughtner and Evagaline Lily or Rachel McAdams.

carrie October 22, 2012 at 3:28 PM

Forgot to mention Bardley Cooper as the boyfriend

danielle December 18, 2012 at 3:36 AM

Just finished this book-absolutely loved it! So excited to hear about a movie. While I was reading it, I kept imagining Reese witherspoon as Anna and Chace crawford as TJ (though I’m sure whoever lands the roles will do justice to the novel).

Lisa February 22, 2013 at 1:36 AM

Read this book for my bookclub next month. Loved it!! You cannot help but wonder who’d the movie roles would go to! Taylor Lautner is good, but may be too old, and too buff, he’d have to unbulk. For Anna, I can see Kirsten Bell or Emily Blunt or Bryce Howard. And for T.J. maybe…the guy that played Sid in The Descendants, Nick Krause. He’d be good, he can pass for 16-19. TJ seems as a youngish looking, any of the Twilight-starring actors or similar would be too old.

Trish March 10, 2014 at 1:42 PM

This is amazing! I loved the book and seriously can’t wait for the film!!! I read on another site that Tracey Garvis-Graves thought Minka Kelly would be great as Anna and I totally agree, I also think Steven R Mcqueen ( Jeremy – Vampire Diaries) or Graham Phillips (Zach – The Good WIfe) would be good as T.J.

Stephanie Fisher June 10, 2014 at 10:43 PM

This book was wonderful-could not put it down. I read it in two days and that is a real accomplishment for me.

Edwin November 5, 2014 at 4:01 AM

Great news about the film. But when is it due to go into production or release as I can’t find any info on the net