Book and Author News Roundup – June 19th 2016

by Maryse on June 19, 2016 · 21 comments

in News

BREAKING NEWS UPDATE! I think father’s day is kind of like Christmas. At least today’s, considering the new releases that just went SURPRISE LIVE today. Look below. You won’t believe your eyes with what is available to us today. I added a bunch more and we’ve been waiting for ‘em!

First… HAPPY FATHER’S DAY to all of the wonderful fathers in our lives! :D I hope you get to share some wonderful time with them, and that you all have an amazing day. Next…

“Brogan Ramsay can’t let go of the memory of Lydia tricking him cruelly, leaving his heart shattered and his family penniless. And now he’s back to destroy her family the way his was destroyed. There’s only one problem . . .”

ALSO JUST WENT LIVE (like at 8pm EST!!!) MELANIE HARLOW NEW BOOK ALERT! Yeah… this cover. *thud* Man Candy :D *waggles eyebrows*

“He’s back. Not just back in town, but living in the flat right beneath mine. And he looks good enough to eat, which is just one more reason to stay away from him.

But I can’t resist.”

<— JASINDA WILDER ALERT!!! SURPRISE EARLY RELEASE! Yours: A Standalone Contemporary Romance just went LIVE! Her husband was an organ donor and when he died…

“…his heart, beating in another man’s chest, found its way back to me, and I found myself faced with an impossible choice: hold on to the pain and beauty of the past and the memory of the man I loved, or reach for a bold new future, knowing each heartbeat will be a reminder of all I’ve lost. “

Say You’ll Stay by Corinne Michaels <— JUST WENT LIVE!!! And the releases just keep coming. He broke her heart once, she moved on, and had her heart broken again…

“Alone, penniless, and with two boys, I had no choice but to return to Tennessee. He wasn’t supposed to be there. I should’ve been safe. However, fate has a way of stepping in…”

• Poesy (Low Book 5) by Mary Elizabeth <— MARY ELIZABETH’S LATES JUST WENT LIVE SURPRISE!!!!!! And super-bargain priced and considering how much I LOVED book #1, I just gotta *squee* over this!!! Although I’m not sure why it’s called “Low” book #5? I’d say #1.5… Oh and here’s my 5-star review of Low (yes… I LOVED IT. I devoured it!!!)
“Before Poesy Ashby becomes a renegade on the run, she’s a girl from the suburbs who finds acceptance for the first time in the most unexpected place: between rose petals and thorns.Bonnie and Clyde have nothing on her love story.”
  • Low by Mary Elizabeth <— 5-STARS & SUPER-BARGAIN PRICED!! Okay and while I’m here, I just realized Low (book #1) is super bargain priced today! I’d say devour ‘em both today for a good, outlaw crazy, wild-ride, time! (and here is my review)
  • Hopeless by Colleen Hoover <—- COLLEEN HOOVER SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT! This is one of my favorite books in the whole world and it’s super bargain priced today! My review!!
  • Ramsay by Mia Sheridan <— JUST WENT LIVE! And the author wrote it with love! She said: “God speed, little book, tiny piece of my own heart.<3 Whatever the world thinks of you, you shall always be special to me for you were made with love!” P.S. It can be read as a standalone.

Rebecca: Oh my gosh- one-click auto-buy!

Maryse: I LOVE this author!!!! :D

Marion: One of my top 5 authors……brilliant writing!

Linda: Totally agree!!! No brainer to one click anything from this author!!! Thanks Maryse for keeping us so updated and informed!!! Xoxo

• To See You by Rachel Blaufeld <— JUST WENT LIVE TODAY!! They meet on an airplane… “She has everything except happiness until the day she meets Layton Griffin. It’s a random encounter on an airplane; it couldn’t mean anything, right?” P.S. Check out the exclusive excerpt and signed book giveaway right here on the blog! You can still enter by commenting on that blogpost until 10pm EST tonight!
  • Authors Max Monroe will be releasing book #2 entitled “Tapping Her” that follows their “Tapping the Billionaire” book in just THREE DAYS (June 21st 2016)!!!! They say:
“Are you ready?!? Tapping HER is coming! #‎3days
iBooks Preorder:
  • Author Andrea Smith‘s “Diamond Girl: G-Man Series, Book 1” is now available in audio format!
  • AMELIA HUTCHINS ALERT! Look what just went up for preorder!! Playing with Monsters and it’s coming out this month (Thank you Tessa!!)
  • Author Jennifer Probst is having a LIVE CHAT & READING, on June 21st for her book Everywhere and Every Way (The Billionaire Builders) on Facebook!
  • YOU MIGHT HAVE FREE CONCERT TICKETS from Ticketmaster!!!! Not really “book” news, but I know a TON here that don’t know this yet will FREAK out with happiness. Considering how much we love music and how it goes with our books, I think this news fits today’s list! Ticketmaster settled a lawsuit (overcharging for tickets?) and for many of those that purchased concert tickets between 1999 and 2013, it appears they may have added free concert tickets to your account. I checked… I don’t have any. In fact, according to them, it appears I don’t even have a Ticketmaster account. *sigh* LOL!!! :P The article at Gawker states:
“It’s easy to check—just log in to your Ticketmaster account and click “Active Vouchers.”

Heather June 19, 2016 at 9:33 AM

Thank you for the heads up on Ramsay! I *love* Mia Sheridan’s stories. I don’t know why Goodreads didn’t tell me it was being released. :-(

Maryse June 19, 2016 at 9:47 AM

I’m so happy to help, Heather!! I’m a huge fan of hers! :D

Tessa June 19, 2016 at 1:21 PM

Oooh. Thank you! More Max Monroe. I really liked the first I one. I just don’t have Apple anything to look at the pre-order. I pre-ordered Hutchins book before even commenting yesterday. :)

Ticket master has always been overpriced, so unfortunately, no ticket for me.

Lisa June 19, 2016 at 10:12 PM

Why have I not read LOW!! Apparently I bought it in January. Mmmmm…obviously slipped through the cracks into the twilight zone abyss of my tbr file.

Anne June 19, 2016 at 10:26 PM

Great list! A new Mia Sheridan book? Yep one clicking that baby.

Just finished Ricochet and it blew me away!! The writing, the story, the grittiness, were great! The twist in the end shocked me but it explains so much! As soon as I finished Ricochet I went and one clicked Backfire. Keri Lake is amazing!

Fabi June 19, 2016 at 11:03 PM

Lisa, I did the same thing. Glanced through my tbr and saw I’d bought Low a while back and somehow never read it.

Anne, so glad you liked Ricochet.

Lisa June 20, 2016 at 6:12 AM

Looks like ridiculously attractive people, semi clad and posing with an arm raised above their head is the new bookcover de rigueur.
…… Ramsey, Poesy and Man Candy. :)

Jean June 20, 2016 at 8:37 AM

Wow so glad to see this list after suffering through Tabula Rasa over the weekend. I don’t even know what to say about it…..not what I was expecting at all!

Yay for Anne and Ricochet! I have Backfire already too but haven’t read it yet……oh and I have Low and remember being really excited about it and then I guess I forgot and got sidetracked as usual.

But seeing as how TR left me in a total book funk, I’m going with what I know will be great. Ramsey, Mia Sheridan!

Maryse June 20, 2016 at 8:43 AM

Jean I’m so intrigued by TR ’cause it sounded like a post-apocalyptic darker (much darker because it’s Kitty) sounding version of Kylie Scott’s “Skin”…

Jean June 20, 2016 at 8:55 AM

Ummmm no. I haven’t read Skin. But yeah, I thought post apocalyptic too….but it is not what it appears to be. So frigging crazy! And it had such potential! My first Kitty Thomas book so I don’t know. (I have Comfort Food but haven’t read it yet)…..I can’t even find words to describe how it made me feel….almost empty inside. I’m not usually speechless or lacking for words, but yeah this book did that to me. Grrr…

Ela June 20, 2016 at 9:20 AM

Um Jean? Are you perhaps having MY doubts, the ones I had about the 2 books of hers I did read? Some of my friends read Comfort Food and were very distraught after words, so I chose not to read it.

Jean June 20, 2016 at 9:31 AM

I thought of you right away Ela! A couple of my friends loved Comfort Food so I’d like to think I’ll try it at some point. But this book, ugh……it made me feel emotionless! But now that I think about it, the MCs were pretty emotionless too so maybe that carried over into my soul!

Ela June 20, 2016 at 9:39 AM

OMG! Jean!!!!!!!! That’s how I felt about the 2 books I read….except the characters in both books IMO felt emotions without speaking them out loud at all through out the books so it made me very frustrated! Plus the ending to Blood Mate was like WTF and what now???

Jean June 20, 2016 at 9:46 AM

Yes, the ending left me with that WTF feeling too. OK I don’t feel so bad now knowing you had the same reactions to her other books. Now we know!

Maryse June 20, 2016 at 9:53 AM

Tee hee!

Makes me wanna read it. *sigh* me ‘n my occasional book-craving weirdness.

I LOVED Comfort Food and it made me cry at a part that I was shocked at myself over. Why would I CARE OR WANT OR FEEL… but OMG I did. It was my very first dark read/kidnap read though so maybe I had a severe case of Stockholm syndrome. *snort* :P

Jean June 20, 2016 at 9:56 AM

Haha Maryse! I’d actually love to get your take on it! And I will definitely still read Comfort Food at some point!

Ela June 20, 2016 at 10:00 AM

Yeah! I heard chicken soup NEVER looked the same!

Maryse June 20, 2016 at 10:40 AM

LOL Lisa… I was thinking the same thing. There was a definite book-cover theme here.

Anne June 20, 2016 at 2:53 PM

I also loved Comfort Food. Ela yes chicken soup never looked the same! I think that book represents exactly what Stocklom syndrome is.

Maryse June 20, 2016 at 5:56 PM

Now I’m in the mood for chicken soup…

Lisa June 20, 2016 at 7:50 PM

Me too!! Its freezing and wet here….chicken soup and crusty bread sounds awesome ;)