E.L. James is releasing “Grey: Fifty Shades of Grey as Told by Christian” on June 18th!!!!

by Maryse on June 1, 2015 · 32 comments

in E.L. James, News

Grey: Fifty Shades of Grey as Told by Christian (PRE-ORDER ON AMAZON releasing June 18th!!! Just a coupla weeks!!!)

Author E.L. James just said:

“Hello all. For those of you who have asked, Christian’s POV of ‪#‎FSOG‬ is published on 18th June for his birthday. It’s called GREY… I hope you enjoy it.”

<— NO. FREAKING. WAY!!!!!! eek *thud*

Amy: FSoG lovers…did you see that she is releasing his POV on his “birthday” June 18?!? Getting ready for Maryse’s *squeeeeee!!!!!* in three…two…one…

Maryse: I DIED!!!!!!!!!!!!! I squee’ed myself to death. Someone help me? I can’t hear. I can’t adult. I can’t believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *squuuuuuuueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!* I AM BACK!!!!! :D  :P

bev: Eh, adulting is over rated.

Maryse: LOL!!! Who can adult at a time like this?!!!! *thud* (rolleyes I fainted again).

Lee: squeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!I im wayyyy pass excited!! :D

Cassandra: Just preorder …17 days!!!

What’s it about?

Author E.L. James & Maryse at #RT15

In Christian’s own words, and through his thoughts, reflections, and dreams, E L James offers a fresh perspective on the love story that has enthralled millions of readers around the world.

Christian Grey exercises control in all things; his world is neat, disciplined, and utterly empty—until the day that Anastasia Steele falls into his office, in a tangle of shapely limbs and tumbling brown hair. He tries to forget her, but instead is swept up in a storm of emotion he cannot comprehend and cannot resist. Unlike any woman he has known before, shy, unworldly Ana seems to see right through him—past the business prodigy and the penthouse lifestyle to Christian’s cold, wounded heart.

Will being with Ana dispel the horrors of his childhood that haunt Christian every night? Or will his dark sexual desires, his compulsion to control, and the self-loathing that fills his soul drive this girl away and destroy the fragile hope she offers him?

The author, E.L. James said in a press release:
“…as anyone who has ever been in a relationship knows, there are two sides to every story. It’s been a great pleasure to return to my happy place-writing, being with Christian and Ana in their universe…”
Grey is dedicated to “those readers who asked…and asked… and asked… and asked for this,” James says.”
And I can’t WAIT to hear his story…. :D !!!

Becky Hester June 1, 2015 at 2:03 PM

I am so excited. I remember that there were a few chapters from Christian’s POV at the end of the 3 book bundle. I fully enjoyed it and am excited that there will be more.

I was surprised with the $10 dollar cost but after seeing that the book is over 500 pages, I was all in.

Maryse June 1, 2015 at 2:11 PM

Over 500 pages!!!??? GAH!! Perfect. A true deep POV. *nods happily*

Again… ;)

Amy June 1, 2015 at 2:44 PM

Dangit…if I didn’t have so many unread books already one-clicked I would SO do a re-read of the FSoG books to get ready for this one. Ugh, what I wouldn’t give to have some awesome speed-reading skills right about now!!

*snorts and fans a fainting Maryse with iPad*

Maryse June 1, 2015 at 3:13 PM

Every time I start happy-dancing, it turns into spinning… ;) “The hillsssss are alllliiivvvvee with the sound of muuuusiiiic

Shane June 1, 2015 at 3:23 PM

I can’t wait. I love the guys POV and his is going to have me in happy land for a long time……

Elena M Totten (@decelle2) June 1, 2015 at 3:26 PM

This is really exciting news!! I’m surprised she kept it under wraps for so long. 500 pages should cover the complete story!!

Lynne June 1, 2015 at 3:31 PM

Is anyone else going to be calling in sick on June 18th????

I feel my throat getting sore already….cough, cough

Maryse June 1, 2015 at 3:34 PM

And what makes it extra special is we don’t even have to wait months for it. Just a couple of weeks!!! :D

Amy June 1, 2015 at 3:37 PM

We’re spinning?? And singing??

*starts spinning with arms out*

“…with sooooongs they have suuuuung for the Fifty Shaaaaades– er, for a thousand yeeeeaaaars”

Ignore me…too much sweet tea this afternoon. :P

Shell June 1, 2015 at 3:49 PM

OMG OMG I have died and gone to heaven. Can’t wait for this one, am I dreaming?? This the most unexpected gift anyone could have given. OMG my heart can’t take it, it’s going to explode. wonderful wonderful wonderful news ever.

Marit June 1, 2015 at 4:04 PM

OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!:-) What a perfect surprize to get on a Monday night;) This is awesome! *Happy dance*

Maryse June 1, 2015 at 4:08 PM

Long Island Sweet Tea, Amy?

Maryse June 1, 2015 at 4:09 PM

Amy… we need more smelling salts…

a new batch just fainted. ;)

*fans Shell & Marit*

Marit June 1, 2015 at 4:10 PM

*Surprice* ;)

Linda June 1, 2015 at 5:34 PM

OK I’m feeling light headed!!!

Maryse June 1, 2015 at 5:35 PM

Ruh roh… someone catch Linda!!!!

I bumped my head a little extra hard on that last faint… ;)

Amy June 1, 2015 at 6:09 PM

Got ‘em!!! *runs in holding smelling salts*

Whoa, now Linda too?!? Daaaaaang…y’all are dropping like panties around here! *giggle*

*hides liquor bottles behind back* No idea what you’re talkin’ about. No Long Island in my sweet tea. :P

Maryse June 1, 2015 at 6:22 PM

I think the liquor’ll calm ‘em. ;)

Angie McLain June 1, 2015 at 6:47 PM

I love this post, I feel like I’ve found my home with all you ladies swooning over this just as hard as I am! I was full on SQUEEing in my kitchen at 6am this morning and the hubs thought I was nuts

Maryse June 1, 2015 at 7:04 PM

LOVE IT, Angie! Welcome home, my friend. :D

MichelleS June 1, 2015 at 8:17 PM

Am I the lone nay-sayer here? I already KNOW this story. Why does every author now re-release the same story from his POV? ACK. Over it. Use your talent to come up with a NEW STORY. new people. new places. new thrills and chills. I find that I rarely buy the “listen to the story from his POV” books… didn’t even do it with C. Hoover and Slammed from his POV, and I loved that dang book!!!

Okay – done being negative.

Michelle F June 1, 2015 at 8:29 PM

Yep, I think I might have to take a sick day off work June 18th. I know the whole re-telling from a different pov is popular right now and normally I would pass most of those, but there are certain books or certain characters that I will absolutely read the re-telling of their book. Even for $9.99!

Jennifer June 1, 2015 at 9:08 PM

Michelle S I’m with you…at the risk of someone throwing something at me …when authors don’t leave their world and just republish the story from a different point of view it seems lazy to me. And I’m re-reading the books now because I finally got around to seeing the movie and I’m remembering what a great love story it was. I want to read about another epic love story with new memorable characters in different situations not a rehash of what I’ve already experienced.

Maryse June 1, 2015 at 9:46 PM

I get you both… I do. And I agree… mostly.

Except for me… this? It’s Christian… LOL!!! :P

Amy June 1, 2015 at 10:02 PM

You mean us throwing things like this?

*lights tampon*

Jennifer June 1, 2015 at 11:24 PM

Maryse June 2, 2015 at 12:33 AM

LOL!!!!!!!! I love Jennifer’s reaction. :P

Linda June 2, 2015 at 6:15 AM

Hey I really do understand from all points of view…but…but….it’s CHRISTIAN!!! Can’t help myself!!

Michele F June 2, 2015 at 10:14 AM

Do you know if this will be a standalone or will it be another trilogy? With the length of the book I would not think so. However, I will no longer read any books until the series has been completely finished.

Missy June 3, 2015 at 9:24 AM

I will wait till it is in the bargain book section. .99 cents sounds like a good price for a book that has already been written. Come on people come up with new material not rip us off with old stuff written in another POV.

Betty P. June 3, 2015 at 10:43 AM

OOOMMMMGGGG! I have emailed all my friends to let them know to preorder. I am definitely taking that day off. (Shhhh! My boss does not know it yet.) I have been doing the happy dance for a couple of days already……

Stephanie June 3, 2015 at 12:33 PM

I did a big silent SQEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! in my chair at work when I read the news yesterday. I may even be in Seattle that week with my husband for his work (which will make me feel that much closer to Christian. He’s real, right?!?) But the best part is living on West Coast so when we pre-order it shows up on our Kindle a little after 9pm on June 17. CAN’T WAIT!