Experiment in Terror Fans, Guess What? I Have a Dex-centric Novella Blurb & Cover Reveal! *squeeeeee*

by Maryse on November 19, 2012 · 27 comments

in News

Remember when Karina Halle teased us with the “possibility” of a novella from Dex’s POV if  “On Demon Wings” makes it into the Goodreads Awards finals?

“… BUT if I make it to the finals, then you get a new Dex-Files and a free scene and I get to do a happy dance!”

Well guess what? She’ll be releasing it whether she makes it in, or not! YAY US!!! ‘Cause she loves us, and ’cause she knows WE LOVE DEX!!!!

She says:

“I even have a cover. And a blurb. And a date. February 14th. Happy Valentine’s Day!”

“And With Madness Comes the Light” – An Experiment in Terror Novella #6.5

The Man. The Mystery. The Madness.

Dex Foray has never been anyone’s fool – until he missed his chance for happiness with Perry Palomino. Broken and alone, Dex has no choice but to rise from the ashes Perry left behind and find his own path to redemption. But nothing in Dex’s life has ever come easy, especially when there’s a dark madness waiting in the wings.

Told from Dex’s POV, And With Madness Comes the Light spans the time period from the end of Lying Season (Book #4) until the beginning of Into the Hollow (Book #6). If you were every wondering what really happened to Dex while Perry was gone, now is your chance.

The books melds together some of the Dex Files scenes, but it’s basically a full novella, inc all of what you saw of him in On Demon Wings and some Into the Hollow as well :)

Najla Qamber is the cover artist!”

Oh yessss!! As much as I was feeling Perry’s heartache through that whole section of the series, and as much as I had a “feeling” I knew what Dex was thinking/feeling too, there will be nothing better than to experience it (now that we know just how deep and emotional Dex is), through his eyes. Thank you SO much for this, Karina!

P.S. EVERYONE!! As of today, we just found out Karina’s “On Demon Wings” made it into the Goodreads finals!! One more time to vote. Here is the direct link to her category: http://www.goodreads.com/choiceawards/best-romance-books-2012#74884-Best-Horror

New to the Experiment in Terror series? Just know that it is one of my all-time favorite series EVER and check out the posts, below. ;)

LucyLou November 19, 2012 at 8:32 AM

YEAH!!! I can’t wait!!! Best Valentines present ever!

Clare November 19, 2012 at 9:31 AM

Ok, so I hadn’t heard of this series until last week (where have I been, right?!). I am a bit worried they will be too scary for me, cos I’m a wimp! Are they very scary?? This Dex guy you all love makes me want to take the risk! :)

Jackie November 19, 2012 at 11:07 AM

Yeahhhhhh!!! I’m SO glad to see this. LOVE Dex…….every book I fall a bit more in love with him. Sigh…………….Can’t wait for this one!!

Johanna November 19, 2012 at 11:07 AM

HOLY HOTCAKES!! that is one mouth watering cover… Gawddd i lubberzz Dex so much :)

Carla November 19, 2012 at 11:08 AM

WOW! That’s amazing! I can’t believe it! yaaaaaaay! I LOVE Dex’s Pov. That guy has a unique mind. hahaha

And guess what!? She made it! She’s there on the final round. I’m really really happy for her. That’s awesome.

Maryse November 19, 2012 at 11:24 AM

I know!! I am thrilled for her and already voted again!!

Maryse November 19, 2012 at 11:24 AM

If anyone wants to vote for her again, this is the direct link to her category: http://www.goodreads.com/choiceawards/best-romance-books-2012#74884-Best-Horror

Maryse November 19, 2012 at 11:27 AM

Clare this is not your usual “horror” – scary parts, sure, but their actual potential “love” story (together and apart) takes the cake in this series. OMG you don’t want to miss them.

Here is a link to the FAQ I wrote about the series and the very question you just asked:

The Experiment in Terror Series – Intrigued Readers Want to Know…

Rebecka November 19, 2012 at 11:30 AM

You know the first thing I did when I got online this morning was check to see who made it into the finals. I’m pulling for so many different books. (Romace is such a tricky catagory!!) So happy for Karina. So happy that we get more Dex. That man is sex on a stick.

Lea November 19, 2012 at 11:37 AM

I am so excited! Already voted and am impatiently awaiting Valentine’s Day. I hope there are some yummy Into the Hollow scenes!!

Amanda Gale November 19, 2012 at 11:40 AM

How exciting!

I got the first book free several months ago and left it not really knowing if I’d like it. Then in October when she had the others at .99 cents I picked it up and read it. I have to say i was leary of a horror book but you seemed to talk about it alot and well it seemed you loved the series so I got them all and turns out I loved them too.

Can’t wait for another of Dex’s POV.

Angie H. November 19, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Sweeeeet! Need a Dex fix now, but will wait for the quality goods from Karina ;)

Maureen November 19, 2012 at 12:11 PM

Voted! Good luck Karina. Great cover <3

Mariel November 19, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Oh my… *blush* I can’t wait…. Yayyyyy!!!!

Robin P November 19, 2012 at 12:35 PM

HOLY PANTY CREAMER BATMAN! Jesus, I love Dex I think maybe more than my husband. But, shhhh don’t tell my husband. ;)
I have such a girl crush on Karina Hale. She’s so awesome. How can we convince her to keep EIT going? Maryse, start a petition!

Sandra November 19, 2012 at 12:40 PM

Love the cover, already voted for Karina’s book. So happy for her :)

Lisa76 November 19, 2012 at 12:44 PM

Hot D@mn!!!! I can’t wait for another POV from Dex. I’m so excited and now i’m looking forward to Valentines day for more than chocolate ;) I will take Dex over chocolate anytime!

Clare November 19, 2012 at 12:58 PM

Thanks for the info Maryse. I’m going to start book one tonight! :) x

Christina November 19, 2012 at 1:12 PM

Wow! That’s one HOT cover :) I cannot wait for this to come out!! YAY!! Off to vote now :)

Tami November 19, 2012 at 1:36 PM

Oh sweet heaven above! My heart literally stopped when I read this and then looked at that cover. Seriously, I want to cry big fat tears of joy!

KImberly November 19, 2012 at 2:08 PM

YIPPY i cant wait def know that Valentines will be HOTTER this year :) yeah more Dex what more can a girl ask for besides praying that Dex will show up on my doorstep!!!!!!

Anne November 19, 2012 at 3:16 PM

Hubba Hubba – drool worthy cover…. Phew!

Erin Orem November 19, 2012 at 5:27 PM

I can not wait to read this. I am so wanting and loving the fact that we will be getting to get inside adex’s head and see how he things and feels. And oh momma that book cover is to die for. I’m in love with his tattoos.

gina November 19, 2012 at 6:29 PM

Love this series, love this cover! Good luck Karina

Claudia November 19, 2012 at 6:40 PM

I’m having a heart attack….Can’t wait..really..I can’t..:-)

Sarah C. November 19, 2012 at 7:02 PM

I swear I love Karina so much! She knows exactly what her readers want….MORE DEX. (huge sigh) I can’t wait for V-day and it’s not because of the flowers or edible arrangements or whatever else we get on that day. LOL

Jenni Longdail December 20, 2012 at 11:58 PM

EIT is the BEST series EVER! I LOVE Dex & Perry and have ALL The Ebooks.