Exactly one more week until the Fifty Shades of Grey movie officially hits the big screen (this Valentines Day!!) but there is plenty of movie stuff floating around to tease us until the big day. Our fellow Fifty-fans that were lucky enough to see the screening are LOVING this movie my friends! So I’m working on rounding it all up here into a nice Fifty list!
P.P.S. Your favorite scene in this book? Let me know in the comments.
- It’s been announced! There WILL be a movie for each of the books in the trilogy, so we have TWO more coming! YAY US!!
- A video clip from the today show with director Sam Taylor-Johnson where she discusses the steam, the issues with turning such a popular book into a movie, and that movie #2 is underway…
- Curious about #FiftyShades? Join Jamie Dornan for a live Twitter Q&A TODAY, beginning at 1PM PT! Tweet your Qs with #AskJamieDornan.
- Some of the movie clip teasers —> Hardware store video clip! OMG I was SO excited and titillated during that scene… so obvious he was stalking her… er… I mean INTO her.
- Sneak peak of another movie clip —> The first interview (that she did for her friend) between Ana and Christina. Yep. I WAS SO IN at this point in the book. I just KNEW I was in for a wild ride.
- Christian shows Ana his Red Room of Pain… Eeeeeep! I remember exactly how I felt here when she saw it. I had scaredy-cat goosebumps!
- Christian tells Ana he doesn’t do romance. <— Yep. And still… I was dying to make him love me. I mean… er… make him love Ana. Yah. That’s it… right.
- An interview between the Christian and Ana (Actually Jamie and Dakota) where they discuss the steamy scenes…
- Interviews with the movie cast at yesterday’s movie screening.
- Fan questions on video to Jamie and Dakota <— this is funny! Very cool format here.
- Dakota discusses what it’s like on set, if she’ll be sad when it’s over, and the kind of prep she’s done to become “Ana”.
- Dakota and Jamie discuss what it’s like filming those steamy scenes…
- E.L. James reveals the inspiration for her Fifty Shades trilogy.
- Being naked on set… (plus clip of her making pancakes at Christian’s place…). This scene made me chuckle!!
- ‘Cause this is just so funny!! “Elders’ reactions to the Fifty Shades trailer…”
- Fifty Shades of Grey Trailer… in LEGO mode!!! LOL!! LOVE IT!
- Rolling Stone Magazine discusses Beyonce’s musical role in the movie!
- and a fun OLD interview from 2012 with E.L. James on ABC News about her Fifty Shades trilogy and the movie news (when the rights were first purchased).
And in Fifty Shades Trilogy BOOK news:
- Fifty Shades movie banned in Malaysia!
- The Guardian reports on the campaigners boycotting the movie.
- A LENGTHY article on the Daily Mail in the UK, discussing the making of the movie, and the entire Fifty Shades empire (E.L. James has marketed a ton of products to go along with the books. Fifty Shades sex toys, wine, makeup AND music). And here are just a few of ‘em:
- Target is selling er… Fifty Shades sex toys, and there’s been a bit of a hubbub. Product placement issues, anyone? Eeeeeeep!!!
- Fifty Shades of Grey: The Classical Album <— E.L. selected these songs herself for this album! The DailyMail reports that she:
“…has also personally selected a Fifty Shades classical album featuring the rousing bedroom music she claims her hero and heroine would have listened to…”
- Two? Soundtracks from the movie? These aren’t released yet, but will be within the next few days. Fifty Shades Of Grey (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) and Fifty Shades Of Grey (Original Motion Picture Score)(Danny Elfman)
- And me, being a nail polish addict… well. I LOVE THESE! OPI Fifty Shades Grey Mini 6pk, 0.125 Ounce (not 50 shades of grey… but quite a few, and that RED?! Red Room of Pain anyone?)
- I got one of these as a gift recently! This gorgeous wine set (one bottle of red and one bottle of white), and I know this one is an official Fifty Shades of Grey Holiday Set, 2 x 750 mL product! Here is a review wine-tasting from RT Magazine! And the Daily Mail reports that she:
“…often refers to wine-drinking in her books, flew to the Mendocino Wine Company’s vineyard in California, and the fiftyshadeswine.com website features a video of her taking part in a blending session with winemakers, accompanied by a sensuous jazzy soundtrack.”
- Ooooh look at this one! Dunno if THIS is an official Fifty Shades product or not, but it’s pretty! Fifty Shades of Grey Mrs Grey Case for iPhone 5. Gorgeous. Shiny and it’s calling my name…