<— God Shaped Hole: A Novel is now available in KINDLE format. YAY!!!!
This is not a review, ’cause I haven’t read it yet (but I’m on it, now!). I’ve been patiently (2 years+) waiting for this “print-only” book to catch up with us e-book enthusiasts and turn itself into a “Kindle” book. And today’s the day!!! I finally get to read it, make notes, highlight like crazy and cry my eyes out! Yep! I’m thinking it’s one of those.
Now, for all of you wondering why I’m making a big deal about this one (without actually having read it yet):
- I have heard only AWESOME things about it. It sounds deep and intense and emotional and just… BIG!
- Since I’ve loved another book by this author and her incredible writing style, I just already know this one’s for me.
- I have heard it will make me cry like crazy, and you know me… I’m a sucker for book-bawling.
- THIS book is by the author of “How to Kill a Rock Star“. And most here know (and if you don’t I’m telling you now), just how much I LOVED that book. One of my forever-five-star-favorites, that made me feel in love, crazy, angsty, worried, infuriated, and also tried to KILL ME!!!! It made me react so strongly that I had to get out out of bed (’cause I didn’t want to wake my husband as I sobbed and shook the mattress), and then proceeded to email my reading-buddy (multiple times) as I freaked out. At 3am. To her work. Which of course, she didn’t get to see until she booted up her computer the next day, and read them with her co-workers and they ll had a good chuckle. *hrmph* hehe.
- Both are standalones, but I hear this one was first, and that a tiny bit of this one, crosses over into a tiny bit of How to Kill A Rock Star. And I think I know where the cross over happens, and I’m already in love with it. Very clever.
And here are some of those recommendations I’ve received:
Jen: I see you posted on “How to Kill a Rock Star,” so I am assuming you have read “God-Shaped Hole”? It’s been a while since I read it, but it made a huge impression on me.
Elizabeth: I am less than 100 pages into God-Shaped Hole so this message is probably premature but I am just loving it so far. I know you loved HTKAR so thought I would mention it in case you haven’t read it. Connected immediately to the writing and characters. Hope it continues!
Elizabeth: Finished God-Shaped Hole and I feel like I can’t say anything about how I am feeling because I don’t want to spoil it, but I loved the book. It’s not a “romance” novel but it tells a great love story. Read it so we can talk about it, ok? Tiffanie, like Colleen Hoover and Tarryn Fisher, could write a phone book and I’d read it. Oh, I need her to write another book. ASAP.
Sadie: I’m reading God-Shaped Hole (and am more than a little obsessed) now
Robyn: God – Shaped Hole by Tiffanie DeBartolo – I sobbed so much I got a stomach ache!
Bre: I just finished and still have not begun to process it all. I don’t want to say much about it, but I would HIGHLY recommend this book for a feel similar to How To Kill A Rockstar.
Lea: GSH was amazing. I also suggest it to anyone who loved this book (HTKAR). There is a connection, I think, between the two books and I wish I knew some one who had read both so I could discuss it!!
Yep. Those recommendations above are what turned me into a book-stalker.