I’ve just realized that it’s been over a month since I’ve checked up on what the author’s are up too. I’ve been so caught up in reading (good thing!) that I’ve neglected my stalking duties I think we’re due for some good info now…Let’s see what’s to come with our favorite heroes.
- Adrian Phoenix is continuing the “Makers Song” series. There will be a book #5 & 6 (book #5 will be called “ON MIDNIGHT WINGS”). LOVE this series. An action packed, intense urban fantasy, and even some steamy romance on the side. She also posts the latest cover for book#2 in her Hoodoo series (Black Heart Loa)
- Alexandra Ivy updates us on her upcoming releases for 2011 AND 2012! Her regency vampire books are being re-released
- Alyson Noel gives us a sneak peak and a Q&A for her upcoming Shimmer: A Riley Bloom Book (Radiance) – here is the trailer (wow what a gorgeous website!). For those of you who enjoyed her “Immortals” series, this is a spin-off (definitely YA).
- Stacia Kane turned in her short story for the The Mammoth Book of Ghost Romance
She describes it as:
…it’s a Downside story–or more accurately, a Chess/Terrible Triumph City story–so writing a happy ending was a bit weird, ha. But I think it’s a fairly sweet little tale, and I think there’s enough this-love-thing-kinda-sucks in there to make it work.
- Stacia Kane is also finishing up edits on book#4 and already starting book#5 in the Downside series. No titles as of yet for either of them. And a big YAY about this news. Her master plan indicates that she will be working on a novella that will be set in the Megan Chase (Demon’s Possessed) series. Seems like it will concentrate on Nick & Tera and perhaps also a certain wedding…
- Stacia Kane also just released the title of her Downside book#4 —> SACRIFICIAL MAGIC
- Richelle Mead is expecting a baby (in August)! August will be a fulfilling month as the final book in the Georgina Kincaid series is released (Succubus Revealed (Georgina Kincaid, Book 6) and the first in the VA spinoff –> Bloodlines too! Check out the Bloodlines cover! (Love it – Richelle says that is Sydney on the cover and she also goes on to say:
“The guy is the spurned love interest from Last Sacrifice, which I’m being enigmatic about simply because talking too much about him gives away the ending of that book”
- Carrie Vaughn is revising her latest: Kitty book#10
- Gena Showalter is finished the rough draft of her book The Darkest Seduction, Paris’s book. Excerpts coming soon.
- J.R. Ward announced on her Facebook page that “Dark Lover (Collector’s Edition): A Novel of the Black Dagger Brotherhood” will be re-released in hard cover (Oct 4th 2011)!
- Jaye Wells has posted a link to Chapter One of Green-Eyed Demon (Sabina Kane)
- Jeaniene Frost released a fun trailer she made for This Side of the Grave (Night Huntress, Book 5) PLUS a cool Q & A podcast (ALSO her upcoming tour dates)
- AWESOME Karen Marie Moning blog post about how she came up with the Fever series. So much about seeing it in her dream, how she hesitated shifting gears in her career, and then taking the bull by the horns. Love this:
The story came to me. I told it. And I’m glad I did.
- Kresley Cole had a great big huge question and answer session.
- Terri Garey is currently working on “A Devil Named Desire”. She also posted the cover (and an excerpt) of book#1 —> Devil Without a Cause (in her upcoming “Sammy” series).
- Sherrilyn Kenyon released a “Born of Shadows (The League)” excerpt on her Facebook page, and also mentions that there is no release date as of yet for “Darkness Within”
- Rachel Vincent posted a “Soul Screamers” FAQ.
- Interesting post by Laurell K Hamilton about writing Anita, and how she feels Anita needs a vacation (not a writing one), a “real” one. She’s also thinking of writing Merry again (or perhaps a new series idea) once she’s finished the current Anita book she’s working on.
- Nalini Singh will be working on a few novellas (two Psy/Changeling novellas and a Guild Hunter novella)
Possibly more to come, throughout the day —> Most recent update Stacia Kane announced book title of Downside #4 —> SACRIFICIAL MAGIC