Latest Paranormal & Contemporary Romance Book Releases – March 24th 2015

by Maryse on March 24, 2015 · 162 comments

in News

Over 75 new releases today and quite a few that have my one-click finger feelin’ all clicky…

Like… After Dark (YAY ME! Now I can complete the trilogy. Book one ravaged me and I was delighted!!), Fisher’s Light (the blurb for this one absolutely broke my heart), Captive (kidnapped!), Valor In Darkness (she’s in hiding but gets photographed by paparazzi with her famous neighbor!! YIKES!), and of course Revved (bad boy race car driver? Heck yah!) *snort* :P

BUT!! This is what I’m currently reading still (I’m at 65% and OMG STILL LOVING IT!!!). This is one of “those”. One of those super-finds from back in my old 2011/2012 days when I’d be in a book-fog, reading in slow motion and thinking about certain scenes every time I’m forced to put the book down. Yes. YESSSSSSS to this one. It’s from last week’s new release list, and the blurb had me excited (’cause it was so obvious he was a big meanie!!) and then Tracie told me she loved it like crazy and I. Was. ON IT!

Maryse’s Book Blog: Gah!!! I’m in love and I haven’t felt like this for a book-guy in ages. I mean… my OWN love for him, ya know? *swoon*

Michelle: It gets better, HE gets better *sigh* if that’s possible Maryse. So so good!!

Kim: Isn’t this book phenomenal!! Gahhh the feels were amazing! Definitely my favorite book Ginger had written thus far

Jaime: Eekkk. I read this yesterday and just reading your post is making all the feels come back just as strong as the first time! I

Krisi: …sleepless night for me can’t stop reading…. So raw and beautifully sad!!!!

P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).

AUDIOBOOK RELEASES PLUS check out the free audible trial + 2 free ebooks deal ————->

BARGAINS & READER RECOMMENDATIONS

• Riding For Her by Adair Rymer <— BIKER BOOK ALERT! Recent release and super-bargain priced! “Falling in with a dangerous, rival MC, getting dragged halfway across the country and nearly getting killed… There was nothing I wouldn’t do to save my baby sister. Being the daughter of a corrupt MC President, I promised myself I would never let a biker hurt me again…
  • The Fighter’s Block 2: Cole, Book Two by Hadley Quinn <— recent release! MMA FIGHTER!
  • Deception (Deception Series Book 1) by K.A. Robinson <— FELL FOR HIM & HIS SON ALERT!! Super-sale ’cause book #2 was just released below. And OH WHOA!!! “He was every woman’s dream–rich, powerful, and charming. He made me forget the fact that he’s twenty-four years my senior. He made me feel alive, and for the first time in my life, I was content. Until I met Cooper–his son.”
  • Jake Undone by Penelope Ward <— on super-sale ’cause book #2 will be coming out in just a few days!! SO many loved this one and Lori says: “Jake Undone is amazing. Jake and I are in love and getting married. Yes I am crazy but he is upgraded to my book Husband…You will not be disappointed…” and Donya says: “oh my! I may have some severe questions of what if this happened to me. Such a twist and I loved it!!!”
  • Ten Below Zero by Whitney Barbetti <— MISTAKEN TEXT MESSAGE ALERT!! Nancy found us this one on super-sale! “A text message sent to the wrong number proves to be my undoing…
  • Londyn Falls by Jennifer Domenico <— STUDENT-TEACHER ALERT!! Nancy also found us this one on super-sale!!
  • Clear: A Death Trippers Novel by Jessica Park <— SHOCKING TWIST ALERT! Tracey loves it! “Im having a serious book hangover finished Clear by Jessica Park last night. It was a paranormal romance with an edge to it. It was both good and shocking the twist at 33% completely threw me and it wasnt in a good way and yet it was . Not making sense am I? Hence my book hangover . It will definitely be on my reread list.
  • Kulti by Mariana Zapata <— SLOW BURN ALERT! And Jennifer loves this one! “Maryse, just finished Mariana Zapada’s newest book Kulti. Great story with great characters and get this premise…she is a professional soccer player who meets her childhood idol…her inspiration for who she is as a player and he is a complete jerk! Silent, aloof, rude! And such a slow burn…loved it!”
  • Conflicted (Secrets and Lies Series Book 1) by M. M. Koenig <— Stephanie found us this super-bargain!
  • Rocked (Rockstar Romance) (Lost in Oblivion Book 1) by <— ROCK STAR ALERT! She’s a chef for a rock band… and this one’s on super-sale!

PARANORMAL

CONTEMPORARY

PRE-ORDERS

Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).

Tessa March 24, 2015 at 10:21 AM

Deception was seriously good. However, it’s a love it or hate it type book. I still have to read Retribution, but if it continues along the same lines as the first, it’ll be crazy insanity.

bev March 24, 2015 at 10:37 AM

So…..Wild Reckless? You’d say it’s working out for you?;-)
I just read were Jane Litte posted she writes under the pen name Jen Frederick. I’ve read a couple of hers….and now I’m side eyeing you Maryse. Do you have any other names floating around the book world? Besides Mambo?

Shane March 24, 2015 at 10:56 AM

I am reading the Mane Event, but there are a few here, I want to check out… Thanks Maryse…

Maryse March 24, 2015 at 11:11 AM

bev… errrr? LOL!!!

I had no idea she was also “Jen Frederick” and I haven’t read any of “Jen’s” books. Very interesting indeed!

Nope… I’m just “Maryse”. And Mambo. LOL!!!!! :P

bev March 24, 2015 at 12:35 PM

40% into If. The last chapter ended with, ” I didn’t have much, but that moment, I felt like this was as good as life got. I felt like the luckiest girl in the world. That night was magic.”
I can’t help but think, Uh-oh. Forshadowing.

bev March 24, 2015 at 12:37 PM

And yeah, Wild Reckless tonight. I want in on all that fun.:-)

Amy March 24, 2015 at 12:47 PM

I was going to start If (that cover looks like the inside of my mind *snort*), but Fisher’s Light is just begging to be read. And what does it say when the blurb alone put a lump in my throat?? Ooooooh, this is gonna hurt… *happy dance*

Amy March 24, 2015 at 12:51 PM

So it’s good, Bev? I’m torn right now about which one to start…and the funny thing is, neither book is one of the books I was torn between a few days ago!

And the excitement that Maryse is having over Wild Reckless isn’t helping any. *side-eyes Maryse* Not helping at all, Miss Mambo. :P

Jean March 24, 2015 at 1:17 PM

Fisher’s Light…. Omg guys! That sounds so good and heartbreaking and good… Lol! And yes Maryse is making me squirrelly too with Wild Reckless! ….Miss Mambo! Lol!

Reading Vigilante’s Lover 4…. love this series and y’all can read it now that the entire series is out!

Maryse March 24, 2015 at 1:18 PM

Why is everyone side-eyeing me today??!!

*blink blinks innocently*

*cackles deviously at such a low level that none of you hear it*

*giggle* :P

Jean March 24, 2015 at 2:05 PM

Blahaha…. would we ever “side eye” you Maryse? No never! Well, maybe Amy would, but don’t group us in with her! Lol!

bev March 24, 2015 at 2:11 PM

Amy, I am liking it. If you decide to read it and you get a few chapters in come back and read your first comment. ;-) .
Even though I’m 40% in I don’t really think I’m far enough in to say how much I like it. It’s oddly a quick read so far as I was surprised I was that far when I checked the percentage.

Shane March 24, 2015 at 2:23 PM

Fisher’s Light sounds amazing…..

Fabi March 24, 2015 at 3:00 PM

I am going to spend so much money on books between this Tues and next Tues releases that I’m not going to be able to buy anything else for the month of April. :-( Then again, I’ll have a lot of favorites to read next month. :-)

Amy March 24, 2015 at 3:29 PM

You guys hear that? *cups ear* It sounds like someone taunting us…that’s okay, I’ll flush the culprit out with a red velvet martini. ;)

Okay Jean, let’s go…someone hold my earrings. *pulls off hoops*

Shane, right?? I’m pretty sure that’s the one I’ll go with today. Too much PMS and I need that emotional pressure release!

Amy March 24, 2015 at 3:38 PM

Bev, I’m gonna hold off on it until you finish because I’ve been pretty disappointed with my last couple of reads. Well, the one was great but I wasn’t thrilled with the last part, and the other was a NO. Just no. *shakes head* Nuh-uh.

So, Fisher’s Light it is!! :D

Jean March 24, 2015 at 3:48 PM

Haha Amy! I would have never messed with you if I’d known you were PMSing!

Shane March 24, 2015 at 3:56 PM

Amy, I want to hear what you have to say about it…. It’s a very cold spring day in NY and my commute is so bad… Reading your comments keep me entertained. Thank you guys….

bev March 24, 2015 at 4:46 PM

Maryse, that lemonade looks delicious. I like basil but never had it in a drink. Is the taste of it strong?

Maryse March 24, 2015 at 5:01 PM

*grabs Amy’s earrings*

Ooooooooh preeeeetttyyyyyyy.

Maryse March 24, 2015 at 5:57 PM

Bev not at all, but it is distinguishable. It’s not as pretty in real life either. More of a muddled brownish purple hue. LOL!! But delicious nonetheless.

bev March 24, 2015 at 6:17 PM

I’m going to have to save it and try it. I love pretty drinks, lol.

Amy I once read a book, can not remember title, where the heroine was going to throw down and take her earrings off. Totally took me out of the book, lol. I was like wait, what?!?

Amy March 24, 2015 at 6:18 PM

LOL!!! All you need to do now is call them shiny and you’ll have our Others-lovin’ ladies squealing…the crows in those books grab stuff and say “shiny!” *giggle*

Okay, basil lemonade?? What’d I miss?

bev March 24, 2015 at 6:21 PM

I’m totally going to make this, this summer when the raspberries are in season. I have wanted to try it since I was a little girl and first saw the movie. Well the version Diana was suppose to drink, lol.
It is not a faithful adaptation but oh I llove that movie so. Gilbert. *sigh*

Amy March 24, 2015 at 6:25 PM

Yep Bev, pull the earrings off, smear a little vaseline on the face, and it’s time to throw down!!

Tessa March 24, 2015 at 6:47 PM

Oooh, for some, taking the earrings off means ultimate serious. :)

Dystopian fans, just started reading Branded, and already love it. Good writing and extremely enthralling. Still at the beginning though.

bev March 24, 2015 at 6:57 PM

Uh-oh, Jean.

Amy, I ♥ you, just for bringing the Others into the conversation.
Except maybe Maryse needs to hold off on that one, not that she wasn’t anyway. She is coming off some serious book love, that is always difficult to follow.
Amy, that book does sound good. Keep us updated.

Fabi March 24, 2015 at 7:03 PM

Tessa is that The Fall of Angels series?

Tessa March 24, 2015 at 7:07 PM

Ooh, sorry. I got so into the story, I didn’t give any information past the title. It’s the Sinner series by Abi Ketner. The blurb got me curious, and now I can’t stop reading it. The part I’m at is so bittersweet, I know I’m going to be sobbing soon.

Tessa March 24, 2015 at 7:08 PM

Oh, and read the Fall of Angels one. That one for me was blah. Just finished it to know what happened, but without any joy. :/

Amy March 24, 2015 at 7:22 PM

Tessa! I read that one and loved it!! What part are you at?

Fabi, I know that series too!! I read all three books in that series like three years ago or so, and from what I remember it was really good. The third book had me in tears at one point.

Jean March 24, 2015 at 7:25 PM

*hiding from Amy*

Tessa March 24, 2015 at 7:38 PM

I’m at the morphine part. Sooo good. Can I say Zeus is my hero? *grins* Seriously my hero.

Tessa March 24, 2015 at 7:38 PM

Uh Oh Jean…

Tessa March 24, 2015 at 7:40 PM

Huh. Maybe I should give the other Branded another try.

Fabi March 24, 2015 at 7:41 PM

I guess I’m a little but nervous about both of you saying it made you cry so I downloaded the sample to see if I can handle it. :-)

Fabi March 24, 2015 at 7:43 PM

Oh wait, are y’all talking about different series? Or are you both referring to the Sinners series?

Amy March 24, 2015 at 7:43 PM

Aw Tessa, that sucks about the Fall of Angels books…I just went through that with Moments in Time. :?

Bev… *hug*

You’re safe for now Jean. ;) I took some Midol, ate some chocolate (mmmm…Godiva truffles), and now I’m having a nice glass of red wine while I settle in with Fisher’s List. You can come out of hiding now. *raises wine glass*

Jean March 24, 2015 at 7:51 PM

OK Amy, you can be the guinea pig for us with Fisher’s Light. I’ll be anxious to see if you like it.

Tessa March 24, 2015 at 7:53 PM

I’m reading the Sinners one, which has some moments of sniffles already. It’s dystopian, so… I kind of expected that. Amy got tears from the Fall of Angels series. Authors need to give longer titles. :)

Tessa March 24, 2015 at 7:54 PM

Oops, my hand hit the submit on accidenlt. Meant to say they need longer titles so they’re not confused with other books.

Amy March 24, 2015 at 7:59 PM

Sorry Fabi! I liked the Fall of Angels series from what I can remember but Tessa didn’t care for it, and that’s the one that made me tear up. But it looks like we both love the Sinners one. :D

I adored Zeus, that big, goofy, vicious-when-he-needs-to-be dog. And the one thing he is scared of…his own farts. LOL! Yeah, I remember that morphine part with the little girl. Cole is amazing though with her. You’ll see. ;)

Michelle March 24, 2015 at 8:06 PM

I’m already missing so much after starting a new job yesterday! I need to get some sales up for ya all soon. Btw, Tessa I loved Elite. I was confused on what was going on for most of it but it kept me guessing. I kinda wish the rest of the series would focus on Nixon and Trace but I guess it doesn’t for all the books. I haven’t gotten very far on the cowboy shifters book either but will update if it turns out to be a good read. Ok that is all…I worked like crazy today and need to pass out!

Amy March 24, 2015 at 8:07 PM

*tries to fist bump Jean* Unless you’re too scared to come over here, hehe…luffs ya lady.

Tessa, I’ve got Manny on standby for you. *waves stuffed manatee* He hasn’t been snuffled on in a while so he’s nice and clean!

Amy March 24, 2015 at 8:07 PM

Congrats on the new job, Michelle!!!!!! :D

Tessa March 24, 2015 at 8:11 PM

He was. Zeus just destroyed a blanket. hehehehe

Tessa March 24, 2015 at 8:13 PM

Michelle, congratulations on the job, and yeah! Another Elite fan!

Amy, The snuffling didn’t happen too long, due to the action. It’s sniffle, sniffle, holy crap girl, move now! Eeeep! *grins*

Amy March 24, 2015 at 8:20 PM

Doesn’t he destroy a pillow, too? *giggle* I love Zeus. And Cole. ;)

Amy March 24, 2015 at 8:22 PM

Oh, oh, oh…just wait until the part where Cole has to yell at him to put someone’s teeth/dentures down in the middle of a pretty intense scene. *snicker*

bev March 24, 2015 at 8:40 PM

Congrats, Michelle. Very exciting.

Cheryl March 24, 2015 at 11:25 PM

I just finished reading Revved and I LOVED it!! It has that feel. Good thing I didn’t have to work today, because it was hard to put down. Carrick is the bad boy that you love. Only negative is I wanted to slap the h, Andi a couple times. Got me out of my book rut!! ;)

Cheryl March 24, 2015 at 11:32 PM

Oh and congrats on the job Michelle!

Jenn March 25, 2015 at 3:02 AM

I have to say, I was a HUGE Remi fan but Malcolm Saint just knocked him out!! Manwhore- one of my fav books so far this year!!

Maryse- you need to check out The Diary of Bink Cummings. Could not put it down

Laura March 25, 2015 at 3:58 AM

Oh reading all you comments I miss u guys so much lol!!! Yeah I know I’ve been a bit awol recently been to busy! But have still been stalking maryse’s page as usual! I can see nothing has changed …… Amy!
Lol anyway I thought I should tell u all I just finished Debra anastasia Fire in the hole and I was peeing myself all the way through, at first I was like WHAAAA? But I swear if u read it omg it’s so disgustingly funny I can’t wait for book 2 u guys really need to read it!

Antonella March 25, 2015 at 4:45 AM

Hey, I saw that iBooks has 69 young adult series starters for free – there are some good titles amongst the bunch, like Beautiful Disaster, Falling into you and My Favourite Mistake. Thought you may like to one click if you use iBooks as well.

Cheryl March 25, 2015 at 6:59 AM

The Diary of Bink CUMMINGS?!!! *snort, giggle, looking around for Amy*

MichelleS March 25, 2015 at 8:03 AM

Yay, a new job, Michelle!!!! Congrats!!!

I have no clue what to read next. I finished Bev’s recommended Brother’s Keeper. It’s a 4 star for me. Really good. Lots of angst. Could have been really great. Still liked it, just wanted more! It was super hot though!!!

Now what? I started Master of Crows (the “other” MoC….LOL) because radiance was one of the best urban fanatsy books I’ve read in a long time, so I am hoping the author doesn’t disappoint.

Jean March 25, 2015 at 9:30 AM

Why does Manwhore have to be so pricey?!?!

Laura, I assume you are talking about Fire Down Below? Just read the blurb and OMG, sounds hysterical!

Congrats on the job Michelle!

Amy March 25, 2015 at 9:53 AM

Bink has a diary of her what?? *snicker* Sorry Jenn, couldn’t resist…but all of the five stars for both books is pretty impressive!

Laura! *squeezy hug*

Amy March 25, 2015 at 10:19 AM

Thanks Antonella! I don’t use iBooks, but after seeing all of those free books I just may have to start hoarding some there as well. ;)

Fisher’s Light…*sigh* I’m hurting for both of them, but especially her. Another slow work day for me (yay!) so I can get back to FL that much sooner! :D

Jean March 25, 2015 at 10:31 AM

Amy, how far into FL are you? Keep us updated!

Those reviews for the Bink books are impressive! Moving them onto my list…. which list? I’m not sure yet, but they are getting added somewhere!

Amy March 25, 2015 at 11:08 AM

“That heart is beating nervously in my chest and I’m surprised that it still functions. Maybe he didn’t squeeze the life out of it earlier today.”

I’m 20% in and I think Fisher just squeezed the life out of MY heart. I’m literally crying for Lucy right now. Shouldn’t have picked it up until *after* I finished my work for the day…how am I supposed to work now??

Amy March 25, 2015 at 11:20 AM

Oh my lord, my heart is getting the sh!t kicked out of it right now. Someone PLEASE read this with me so I don’t have to go through it alone. *sob* This is hands-down a book that calls for manatee snuggling.

Jean March 25, 2015 at 11:23 AM

I was just thinking that you needed Manny!!!! I knew that one was going to hurt!

Amy March 25, 2015 at 11:36 AM

*sniffle* You’ve no idea…

Shane March 25, 2015 at 11:50 AM

Guy, which book is Zeus in? I love me some Zeus.

Shane March 25, 2015 at 11:50 AM

Congrats Michelle…..

bev March 25, 2015 at 1:31 PM

Just a heads up. I’ve seen in couple places that Manwhore ends in some type of CH.

60% Into Wild Reckless. Started it last night after If. I’m a little bit of a book zombie today.

Amy, I’d totally start it after but doubt I’d be much help, lol. I rarely cry at the same books as everyone else. Though that author did get me with another book of hers.
MichelleS, I ended up really liking Master of Crows. But the beginning was a tad slow/confusing for me.

bev March 25, 2015 at 1:33 PM

*waves* at Laura.
*shakes head * at Fire Down Below.

bev March 25, 2015 at 2:14 PM

MichelleS, I was looking through the list of things to do at the RT convention in Dallas this year. One is a Mad Hatters Tea Party hosted by Grace Draven & Elizabeth Hunter and other fantasy writers. Sounds so fun .

Maryse March 25, 2015 at 2:17 PM

Fisher is gonna be my next one! Writing review for Wild Reckless right now….

Tessa March 25, 2015 at 2:37 PM

Branded was so good. It had editing issues, but nothing that a decent editor couldn’t fix. You can tell the author cleaned it, but needed that fresh set of eyes to perfect it.

That said, I loved the story, I loved the characters, I loved something that if tevealed, would be a spoiler. Mostly, loved the fact pace. I cried, but that’s expected in a dystopian.

And Zeus is a dog, a great Dane. I love myth too, but this dog was the much needed humor and comfort of the book. Timed not to be cheesy, but to keep you focused on the story without getting bogged.

Tessa March 25, 2015 at 2:38 PM

Oh and for the ending… You’re using that masnatee for Fisher’s Light, aren’t you, Amy?

Cheryl March 25, 2015 at 3:19 PM

Amy, how far into FL are you now? I finished Revved and was looking for a book to read. I’ll sob along with you; just have to share Manny! * wondering what screw is loose that I’m agreeing to sob*

Shane March 25, 2015 at 3:19 PM

Damn I was way off with that one, thanks Tessa.

Tessa March 25, 2015 at 3:25 PM

No problem. :) I’ll make sure you know of any Greek myth books, though.

Shane March 25, 2015 at 3:36 PM

I am checking out Ares Temptation, oh that cover is soooo worship worthy…. I am reading “Shopping for a Billionaire,” the heroine is funny…

Amy March 25, 2015 at 3:51 PM

Yes, Maryse…YES YES YES!!! *happy dance* I think you’re gonna love this one. :D

Cheryl, I’m almost to the 50% point. I haven’t cried in a little while but my heart is still bruised. And if you have a screw loose for wanting to sob then I have screws missing ’cause I *love* this. ;)

Amy March 25, 2015 at 3:58 PM

Yep Shane…Zeus is a dog, and Tessa described it perfectly about his role in the book. He could be vicious and protective but was always getting hilariously yelled at by the H because he was a big goof.

Tessa, I forgot how much I enjoyed that book until you brought it up! Now we need to get Fabi to read it since she said she was going to get the sample. Come on Fabi, don’t make me get all creepy on ya… :P

Fabi March 25, 2015 at 4:12 PM

*scrambling away from Amy* all that crying, sobbing even, has me hightailing it away from that book. I think I’m going to read Manwhore. That’s more my style. *snort*

Tessa March 25, 2015 at 4:18 PM

Oh, the pace is so fast that you don’t feel sad for long. Just one lone tear at the end. Read it! :P The second book comes out in April.

Amy March 25, 2015 at 4:51 PM

Fabi…I’m crying over Fisher’s Light, not the one Tessa just read (Branded). You should give it a try. ;)

Amy March 25, 2015 at 4:52 PM

I meant give BRANDED a try. ;)

Jean March 25, 2015 at 4:52 PM

Just read the sample for Fishers Light and had to immediately buy it! Get ready to share the manatee!

MichelleS March 25, 2015 at 5:26 PM

Bev – RT convention in Dallas? What is that? I LOVE Elizabeth Hunter and I am impressed by Grace Draven (love love loved Radiance)… I live an hour away from Dallas. Not even, on a good day. I must go. Who’s going? FABI!!! I know you live around here. Need details.

Fisher’s Light huh? Derailing my well laid plans again you guys!!

MichelleS March 25, 2015 at 5:30 PM

GASP!!!! I just looked it up!!! BEV….. Michelle…. Patricia Briggs is gonna be there. And Kristen Ashley. Oh. Em. Gee. I need to take a few vacation days, I think. I love you Bev. You made my day!

MichelleS March 25, 2015 at 5:37 PM

THAT’S IT. I am having a heart attack over here. C.L. Wilson is going to be there. My favorite series ever in the history of forever. And so many more (Gina Showalter, Cara Mckenna, Tiffany Rheisz). Hey Bev – Lisa Kleypas is on the list too. I’m like a kid on a candy store reading the list of authors. Bev. See what you started? You should have never told me.

bev March 25, 2015 at 5:42 PM

MichelleS, Lmao. I posted a link a few days ago for you and Fabi. Last year it was in New Orleans & next year in Vegas. I’ve read some blog post on last year’s and thought it sounded so fun. If you go, and the list of activities looks amazing, bring back all the stories!

bev March 25, 2015 at 5:49 PM

I’m so boring but I think some of the panel discussions would be so interesting. Yay Lisa Kleypas and Patricia Briggs!

I was just listening to a discussion on signed books and do you want them, who you want etc. I’ve never really coveted them but those two yes. Like the first Mercy book would be cool. I guess some now sign ereader covers or something, lol.

Cheryl March 25, 2015 at 5:55 PM

Ok, Amy I’ve jumped into Fisher’s Light. Have Manny on standby for me. ;)

Fabi March 25, 2015 at 7:23 PM

I went to the YA convention in Irving just a few weeks ago and it was really awesome but crowded. I think they had more turn out than they expected.

I missed the link you posted before, I’ll have to check this one out too but I don’t have as many hardback books for signings outside the YA category.

Amy March 25, 2015 at 7:37 PM

Yay Jean and Cheryl! You guys are going to read it too! MichelleS, it’s seriously worth derailing for. I don’t know if I will ever get all of the snuffle out of my little manatee…just a heads up for when y’all need him. And you will. ;)

I’m at almost 70%, and I have spent the entire book – when I haven’t been crying – with a lump in my throat and my chest squeezing and my eyes tearing up. And I’ve loved every second of it. Oh my heart, this book. THIS BOOK. *sniffle*

Jenn March 25, 2015 at 7:48 PM

Amy- fishers light!!! So good. Have neglected the housework all day to read! Almost finished!!

bev March 25, 2015 at 8:03 PM

Amy, May start it tonight. When you finish you should start Wild Reckless. It has been fun. Maryse, has her review up.
Fabi, you’d probably really like it.

Fabi March 25, 2015 at 8:47 PM

I’m finishing up King of Me (if I don’t dnf it) and then I’m either going to Manwhore or After Dark. I loved the first one in that series, meh on the 2nd so I don’t know what to expect on the 3rd. Hopefully it won’t end up like the King trilogy for me. I’ll go see Maryse’s review of Wild Reckless.

bev March 25, 2015 at 9:25 PM

Speaking of RT……Maryse, Congratulations!!

I’ll have to look around and see if I can find the magazine some where.

Maryse March 25, 2015 at 9:35 PM

Thank you so much bev!! I’m going to hunt for a print copy tomorrow. I know some Walmarts have ‘em.

Amy March 25, 2015 at 10:28 PM

Woo-hoo!!!! *pops open champagne*

Wait, what are we congratulating?

bev March 25, 2015 at 11:27 PM

Amy, lol. If you click over to the home page of the blog you’ll see in the upper right corner Maryse’s FB updates. I was congratulating her on her latest update. Also, were I saw the basil lemonade from yesterday.

bev March 25, 2015 at 11:28 PM

Gah. Were = where.

Amy March 26, 2015 at 12:01 AM

Awwww, how exciting…congratulations Maryse!!!! :D

Amy March 26, 2015 at 12:07 AM

Finished Fisher’s Light and loved it! Like, REALLY loved it. I had a few minor annoyances but those were more because of personal reading taste sort of things. Other than that it was heartbreakingly wonderful.

Did I mention that I loved it? ;)

Tessa March 26, 2015 at 12:09 AM

Oh wow! Congratulations Maryse!

Tessa March 26, 2015 at 12:44 AM

Alright, Fabi put in Goodreads she read Loyalty and Lies and loved it, and all I’ve got to say is, geesh, it’s good. Like, super good. All the feels I love in an NA book. *grins* Only error is the writer must be from another country, because no American calls a flashlight a torch. *grins* (That was a fun mistake. I was wondering for a moment why people were carrying torches.) It was intense, angsty, romantic, and darn it, a CH! GAH!!!

Shell March 26, 2015 at 2:41 AM

Tessa this book ‘loyalty and lies’ is by LA Cotton and is it standalone ??

Fabi March 26, 2015 at 7:35 AM

Tessa you must be following another Fabi on GR because I haven’t read that book. :-/

Fabi March 26, 2015 at 7:43 AM

Congrats Maryse. That’s awesome.

Jean March 26, 2015 at 8:40 AM

Amy, so glad to hear you loved Fisher’s Light! I’m at 25% and totally invested! Through all the heartbreak and gut wrenching moments, I feel hope! So many feels with this book! I think Maryse will love it too!

Amy March 26, 2015 at 9:12 AM

“Tessa you must be following another Fabi on GR” <———- *snort* Sorry, but I thought that was funny. :P

Amy March 26, 2015 at 9:25 AM

Jean, I did love it!! How about the flashbacks of THAT day when all that stuff happened? That was what had me crying for her. I can’t wait to hear what y’all think of it!

Tessa March 26, 2015 at 10:01 AM

ROFL. That would be funny if it got mixed up.

I just checked, and want to hear weird? On my computer, it says Fabi read it. On my tablet, an author. 0.0. What in the world? Still, awesome book. *grins*

She’ll, not a standalone. It ends with a CH. Thankfully, number two comes out in April.

bev March 26, 2015 at 10:51 AM

I’m a little bored this morning. Anyone want to play a little game? I saw it on a forum recently. It is just posting the first sentence of the book your reading. Then title and author. Like I said I’m a little bored.
I’ll start, lol.
“Guh.”
~ All I Have, by Nicole Helm.

Fabi March 26, 2015 at 10:53 AM

That’s funny Bev. Lol

“I walked into Helen’s office this morning certain she was going to fire me.”
~Manwhore by Katy Evans

Jean March 26, 2015 at 11:09 AM

Haha bev! I’m assuming first sentence includes the prologue.

At the end of a long, dark hallway, there’s a door. (Fisher’s Light, Prologue, Tara Sivec). OR…….Screams fill my ears and I jerk up in bed with my heart pounding. (Fisher’s Light, Chapter 1).

Tessa March 26, 2015 at 12:37 PM

Aquilla always knew she didn’t belong to the Chavez family.
- Plausibility byJettie Woodruff

Seriously, this book is insane so far. :-)

Cheryl March 26, 2015 at 12:38 PM

Congrats Maryse!

What Jean said for first line of book I’m reading.

Amy, I’m at about 40% of Fisher’s Light and enjoying it. Has been sad, and close to tears, but honestly the prologue of Revved affected me more. *so far*

Shane March 26, 2015 at 12:40 PM

Congrats Maryse, that’s awesome!!!

Bev, I like this game.
“The God of War is about to discover love.”
~Ares’ Temptation by Aubrie Dionne

bev March 26, 2015 at 12:51 PM

You ladies are the best for playing along. Honestly they kind of all have me intrigued. Fisher next I think.

So, Fabi I’ll admit I’m still sometime s embarrassed by our books…..I know if I was reading that one some one could choose then to ask me what I was reading. ” Manwhore” lol. It used to be the covers now it’s the titles.

Jean March 26, 2015 at 12:56 PM

Cheryl, I’m at about the same point as you. No tears for me yet either, but maybe that’s because I was prepared by Amy’s comments …Still so sad.

Shane, the first line of your book makes me want to read it! And Tessa, I always wanted to read Plausibility! I like this game too!

Fabi March 26, 2015 at 1:00 PM

Oh Bev, I’m often embarrassed by my reading preferences!

It makes me feel very hypocritical for all the past decades when women blamed men for objectifying females and derided those who enjoyed pornographic material.

Amy March 26, 2015 at 1:27 PM

Wow, then I must just be an emotional mess right now ’cause I was crying!! You know what though, maybe it hit me a little harder because I watched a close friend go through something similar…well, not from PTSD but her ex sprang the divorce on her while he was overseas with no inclination before then that anything was wrong. Seriously, nothing. I don’t think I have ever cried so hard for someone else’s broken heart.

Ooooookay then, on a lighter note!

“I am standing on the bridge, and in a rush of brutal and beautiful clarity, I know.” – Push, Claire Wallis

Amy March 26, 2015 at 1:29 PM

Hypocritical? Nah, what man wouldn’t at least secretly want to be objectified? ;) *hee hee* That was pretty sexist… :P

Shane March 26, 2015 at 1:38 PM

Jean I would read anything Greek mythology and throw in the cover with that hot bod and I am sold… It’s a quick, easy read.
I used to be embarrassed about my reading choices but not anymore. I am big girl now, hehe…

bev March 26, 2015 at 1:48 PM

Amy, I recently read the first in a mystery series that doesn’t have romance yet but definite connection. He is married….and well usually not my thing. But giving it a shot cause of reviews, mystery first, and the heroine is a priest,so you know thinking they are not going to jump in all feet first. Any way not my favorite anyway but after a friend had to deal with infidelity it did become a little harder to enjoy in stories. So totally get that.
Tara Sivec has one called Some one to Watch Over Me( I think) that one made me cry.

bev March 26, 2015 at 1:50 PM

Shane, have you read any of PC Cast. Also, years ago read one by Roberta Gellis that had a Greek god.

Jean March 26, 2015 at 2:13 PM

Awww Amy, I can see how that story would get to you so much! Wait, you are just reading Push now….. Omg!!! Can’t wait to hear your reaction to that one!

Shane, just checked out that cover….. Well, hello there! Hot!! Love “I’m a big girl now”……lol!

Shane March 26, 2015 at 2:29 PM

I will look into Bev, haven’t read any of those… I know right, Jean

Fabi March 26, 2015 at 2:31 PM

Holy…Amy you are reading Push?! Make sure you have Pull on hand…

Jean March 26, 2015 at 2:44 PM

You are right Fabi. I had to wait for Pull to come out and that stunk! I know Amy hates CHs, so she probably knew better than to read Push without Pull being immediately available! Have fun Amy!

Cheryl March 26, 2015 at 2:48 PM

Amy, curious to hear what you think about Push. I liked it, didn’t love it and I DNF Pull. Could have been the mood I was in, but I just didn’t even like the H or h; may have to try again.

Amy, I agree having the story relate to something in your life always makes it that much more “felt.” Still have Manny on stand-by for me, don’t think I’ll make it thru FL without crying. ;)

Amy March 26, 2015 at 3:30 PM

Oooooh…judging from your reactions, it looks like I’m gonna have fun with Push!! *clapping and squealing*

And you guys are the bestest ever. :D

Amy March 26, 2015 at 3:33 PM

Between Jean’s “well, hello there” and Shane’s “I’m a big girl now”…yep, you guessed it, I snorted. :P

MichelleS March 26, 2015 at 4:50 PM

TESSA – I loved Plausability!!!!

MichelleS March 26, 2015 at 4:53 PM

“Yield to me, Master of Crows, and I will make you ruler of Kingdoms.” – Master of Crows, by Grace Draven

I like this! We should do it more often!

MichelleS March 26, 2015 at 4:58 PM

Cheryl – I’m with you on Push. I liked the “idea” better than the what I got… it was a DNF for me – then I finally picked it back up and finished – then when Pull came out, I tried again, and it was a DNF for me too. Didn’t connect with anyone. The mind-fu*kery alone was not enough for me after a while. I’ll be anxious to see what Amy thinks…..

(She passes up Surviving Raine and On the Island AGAIN to read Push?….. interesting…)

Amy March 26, 2015 at 5:11 PM

Um, actually I might be passing up Push to read Deep Blue Eternity… *snicker*

Maryse March 26, 2015 at 5:23 PM

Amy!!!! Passing up Surviving Rain AND On The Island. Oh girl. Seriously. *shakes head* :P

*snort*

bev March 26, 2015 at 5:23 PM

Oh, Amy I just grabbed that one too.

MichelleS, how is Master of Crows working for you?

Laura March 26, 2015 at 5:25 PM

*hugs back to all* amy!!! Fire down below is so ur type of book in a way it’s crazy they don’t burn tampons but they do pieces ones neighbours man dangle bits *puft u don’t even have to joke on that I did it myself* and they crap their pants as in that actually happens in the book lol I can’t stop laughing at this stuff!! Jean read it it’s so funny!! And disgusting but still funny!! Bev oh I’ve missed u I think u should embrace the crazy that is fire down below!

Laura March 26, 2015 at 5:27 PM

That was pierce the neighbours man dangle bits btw

MichelleS March 26, 2015 at 5:34 PM

Bev – I only made it to Chapter 3. Didn’t get to read yesterday at all. Silly trivia contest for charity!! I love her writing and her characters. I am a little lost right now – I feel like I need a glossary! I may squirrel to read Fisher… with all of Amy’s boo-hooing over it, she convinced me!

Tessa March 26, 2015 at 6:24 PM

Michelle S, Yeah, someone else read it. It’s insane and good. Not mind messery insane, but insane in a very believable way. Heck, maybe you mentioned it and that’s what put it on my tbr. *grins* If so, thank you! I’m 85% in and it’s a full five star for me. Just so many real life emotion and feels.

I admit, I stopped feeling shy about my covers when I was sixteen. It was that or give them up. So with the tablet, pfft. Who cares if they see the title? Why are they looking over my shoulder to begin with? Creeper! :P

Tessa March 26, 2015 at 6:55 PM

OMG, *squeels* I just went to see what Roberta Gellis book had greek myths, and not only have I read it, it’s the first Greek gods pnr series I’ve ever read. I can’t say if they are great or not at this point, because, well, it’s been that long and at the time, if it was odd, it was adored no matter how much it sucked. Still! *sighs* I remember reading them!

However, I only read the first three and there are five. I have two new books for my tbr now! For those curious, first one is called Dazzling Brightness.

Fabi March 26, 2015 at 7:23 PM

I can hardly believe you guys are talking about Roberta Gellis. She was the author who sparked my love of historital romance with her Rosalynde Chronicles. …and I am talking waaayyyyy back when. I think I love y’all even more now!

bev March 26, 2015 at 7:49 PM

The Gellis one I read was Bull God. It was just one of those random library pulls. This was many.years ago. I’ll have to see if they still have it and the others. It doesn’t look like her back list has gone digital yet.

Goddess of Spring by PC Cast is a re imagining of Persephone & Hades. I remember liking it. Especially her connection to his animals.

Amy March 26, 2015 at 7:54 PM

GAH! Et tu, Maryse?!?

Amy March 26, 2015 at 8:00 PM

Just wanted to throw this out there about Fisher’s Light, and it’s more of a personal reading preference sort of thing…the last part was a bit slow for me but that was pretty much because after something serious or monumental or whatever happens, I like the story to wrap up pretty quick. That’s just me though, and maybe it’s just that I enjoy the journey more than the destination, ya know?

It was kinda like…interval running. Get the heart rate up by running fast then slow down, heart rate up then slow down. That was how the last part was for me. But it wasn’t enough to keep me from *loving* it. ;)

MichelleS March 26, 2015 at 8:05 PM

Well, I squirreled and started Fisher’s Light. AMY!!!! I’m only at 15% but lordy lordy…. this stuff is so intense and full of emotion. I am going to choke on the lump that is stuck in my throat. Such an easy book to read. No wasted words. Just pure emotion. “Congratulations. You did it. You made me hate you.” I hate him right now too….. okay, back to the story…

Michelle March 26, 2015 at 8:15 PM

Ok I made it thru my new job week and despite crazy 12+ hour days the rest of the week, I now have three day weekends yey! So what’s the hot book I need to start tomorrow? I’m out of the loop so help me spend some of my new paycheck :)

Amy March 26, 2015 at 8:33 PM

Right, MichelleS??? That lump was pretty much a permanent fixture while I was reading it.

Congrats again, Michelle! Maryse has a new post up with a few books that a lot of people are going nuts over right now, and don’t forget we have tomorrow’s list to shop from too. :D

bev March 26, 2015 at 9:04 PM

Michelle, Maryse loved Wild Reckless, review up, and Amy Fisher’s Light. Those are the two getting the most talk. Just grabbed Deep Blue Eternity. Like Amy said Maryse has a post up about the five or so books getting the most attention right now.

Tessa March 26, 2015 at 9:30 PM

*sighs* All done and it was so good. Big smiles. *goes off in happy fog*

Cheryl March 26, 2015 at 10:08 PM

How did I miss Deep Blue Eternity was released today? Loved Eversea, so looking forward to another book by Natasha Boyd!

Cheryl March 26, 2015 at 10:11 PM

Psst Amy, just between us, I read Surviving Raine but thought it was meh and I haven’t read On The Island either.

MichelleS March 27, 2015 at 7:59 AM

…. did I say I hate him?…. I love him….. and want to fix him…. need a broken man every now and then (like Zhadist, ya’ know?)…. (Fisher’s Light need a hug moment number 2).

Michelle March 27, 2015 at 8:00 AM

Thanks ladies :D
I went to the other post and ended up clicking Fisher’s Light, Deep Blue Eternity because yes loved Eversea, and Wild Reckless.

Tessa, I might have to try Branded when I need a dystopian fix.

MichelleS, you are going to that convention right?! I’m sooooo jealous of that line up!

And Congrats Maryse that’s awesome!

Ok caught up on posts whew and going to start Fisher’s Light first since yeah that blurb hooks ya!

Amy March 27, 2015 at 9:10 AM

Careful Cheryl, they might hear you!!! *snicker*

Here MichelleS… *opens arms up* I’m always ready for a snuggle. ;) I went from hurting mostly for her to hurting equally for both of them. *sigh* Loved that book.

Michelle…yes, definitely try Branded!! Such a good book…

Jean March 27, 2015 at 9:30 AM

Aww Cheryl, why did you tell Amy that…. Now she’ll never read them!

But I still get to hold her to our deal….. As soon as I read SGT, she HAS to read one of those books (I suggest SR)! So there! Just don’t know when the hell I’m going to read SGT because all these new releases are killing me and messing up my plans!

Nicolle March 27, 2015 at 10:07 AM

I just read one that not many people are talking about, but was REALLY good. It’s Brise by Leigh Ann Lunsford. I cried alot. Beware, it’s really angsty and sometimes you want to throw your reading device. However, it was one of my best reads of 2015. Total roller coaster ride and book hangover!

Amy March 27, 2015 at 12:31 PM

Yes Jean, our deal is still on…I *will* read one of those books when you start SGT! ;)

Nicolle, that one *does* look good. I can’t believe it’s gone unnoticed around here with all of those five-star reviews…click!!

Shane March 27, 2015 at 3:46 PM

Amy, you really have to read “On the Island,” it was soooo goooddd…. I love it…..

Maryse September 20, 2015 at 2:47 PM

Tee hee Cheryl… I did a double take at that book title too. ;)