I gathered a bunch of news links ranging from vampire related entertainment to an African blood dish called “Vampire”…(well hey – some of us eat “blood pudding” – who are we to wince?!)
- A great interview with Guillermo del Toro about his new novel, “The Strain” as found on Stuff.co.nz. Includes a cool description of his fangless vampires (they have stingers!)
- Cinemablend.com has a sneak peak at the first five minutes of the movie “Blood: The Last Vampire”
- Examiner.com has an interesting synopsis of the swedish movie “Let the Right One In”. It is described as almost flawless, despite an American remake being in the works.
- Fearnet.com has a video interview with Sam Raimi about his upcoming movie, Spiderman 4, which will feature the vampire Morbius.
- BBC America will be airing the show “Being Human” starting Saturday July 25th at 9pm. It is about 3 roommates living together (however, there is, of course, a twist: one is a ghost, one is a vampire and one is a werewolf). Check out a preview on io9.com
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer (the original movie) is in process of a “remake” (check it out on televisionwithoutpity.com)
- BBC News reports on a Central African dish called “Vampire” (made of vats of blood! Add some peppers, onions, and spices and we’ve got a meal!)