Dead Reckoning (Sookie Stackhouse, Book 11)
So…I know. I’ve been whining about the direction the last two to three books have taken in the Sookie Stackhouse series. Despite my pouting, we all know I’m dying to read the next one, and the details were released last week. Hey! Where was I when all of this was happening? Oh right…I was dreaming about turkey
So here are the details I was able to amass. I’m also adding extra stuff about her novellas that will also be released shortly, and anything else relevant to the progression of the series. Got more info? Let me know and I’ll add it here.
With her knack for being in trouble’s way, Sookie witnesses the firebombing of Merlotte’s, the bar where she works. Since Sam Merlotte is now known to be two-natured, suspicion falls immediately on the anti-shifters in the area. But Sookie suspects otherwise and she and Sam work together to uncover the culprit – and the twisted motive for the attack. But her attention is divided. Though she can’t ‘read’ vampires, Sookie knows her lover Eric Northman and his ‘child’ Pam well – and she realises that they are plotting to kill the vampire who is now their master. Gradually, she is drawn into the plot -which is much more complicated than she knows. Caught up in the politics of the vampire world, Sookie will learn that she is as much of a pawn as any ordinary human – and that there is a new Queen on the board . . .
- The next Sookie Stackhouse book will be called Dead Reckoning (Sookie Stackhouse, Book 11) and will be released on May 3, 2011
- All of the full length Sookie books always come out in May.
- As per ImmortalDreaming.com there was only one spoiler at the San Diego Comic-Con this year. Eric wants her to become a Vampire (next logical step) but Sookie refuses. Charlaine confirms that Sookie will never become a vampire.
- During a recent interview with the Philadelphia Examiner, Charlaine stated that she is contracted to write up to book #13. Not sure if she’s wrapping it up then, or if she will continue. Read more from this interview on TrueBloodnet.com. She does however, know how it will end.
- The Sookie Stackhouse Companion was coming out February 1st 2011 (but Charlaine mentions it has been pushed back to the fall?). It will include a Novella featuring “Quinn”, and this story will be important and relevant to the progression of the series. It will be about his whereabouts after the takeover and his punishment. Charlaine Harris stated on her Facebook page (thanks to Daemonsbooks for pointing that out – how did I miss that?):
The Sookie Companion is for everyone who loves the series. It will have character synapses, book synapses, an interview with Alan Ball, one with me, and an original novella called “Small Town Wedding.”
Then after further research, I found that she also mentions on another Facebook update:
For those of you who mentioned Quinn: THE SOOKIE COMPANION, on the shelves next February, featires an original novella about Sookie and Sam going to Sam’s brother’s wedding. Quinn is also in the story.
Charlaine Harris has a forum (which is really interesting btw – some great details on the past books that we may have overlooked) and thanks to the Sookieverse Blog (and also an Amazon Sookie discussion that I found, which also frequently references the Sookieverse Blog we have a clearer list of some of the more interesting posts regarding the future of the series, such as:
- Sookie could potentially extend her life magically, but won’t, however Sookie likes her paranormal life and will stay in the supernatural community.
- She isn’t certain when Sookie will realize who HEA (happily ever after) is, might be on the last book, might be before.
- There of course will be fairies in the future books (and a half-elf in book #11)
- The blood bond will eventually be broken between Eric and Sookie, and it has been mentioned a few times that Charlaine Harris appears to regret introducing the blood bond (it has caused her grief). Personally, I LOVE it. They are connected so deeply on all levels, but this intense connections is also causing so much turmoil between them in regards to the veracity of their feelings towards each other. Oh well…
- Barry (the other pyschic) will be back.
Little “update” – 12/2/10 (the images of the gorgeous Eric that I was telling you about)!
Ok so did I get everything? OH WAIT!!! I want everyone to check out the Sookieverse Blog because she has the finest rendition of Eric that I’ve ever seen (on her main header/banner). The PERFECT example of how I truly see Eric. Alexander Skarsgård as Eric (for sure) but with the longer flowing hair (and not that yucky wig hair either). Oh and that look of pure hot but bad vampire on his face. Perfectly captured. OH YES. This to me, is Eric.
So Tina from Sookieverse gave me some tidbits on the background of her banner. She too, loves the longer-haired Eric, and when she decied to change the look of her site, she made a request for those, artistically inclined to show themselves. One of her very own readers (Kittrose) offered up some of her beautiful artwork. But there was one piece that Kittrose had not yet displayed. This Eric. Long-haired, intoxicatingly gorgeous, Eric. And Tina was floored (as I obviously was when I came across it this week). So here he is, in all of his glory (and the beautiful banner that makes up the Sookieverse look – two combined pieces of art created this magical scene). Cool huh!?
Check out the full reading order guide for this series: Charlaine Harris – Southern Vampire Mysteries Reading Order: