10 Earlybird Book Releases plus some that are going live at midnight!!

by Maryse on February 20, 2017 · 45 comments

I just finished a book laaaaaate last night (dark and creepy!) that I’m going to be reviewing next, and now I get to start a new one! YAY ME. :D !!! Except, I have NO clue which one to jump into.

<— Hmmm…. although, that one right there to the left (#1 Crush) is calling me hard and it’s live. I’m in the mood for a comedy romance, and the blurb is right up my goofy-heroine alley! She wants to meet him SO BAD (he’s her favorite actor), so I have a feeling she’s going to get herself in trouble in the process. YEP. This one’s for me RIGHT NOW!!!! I’m giving it a go!

But then… OMG tomorrow. The releases include SO MANY heavy-hitters, and I can imagine there’ll be some squirreling right here, over them. Emma Chase, Max Monroe, Helena Hunting, Lisa Kleypas just to name a few. I have a short list of highlights of a few going live at midnight (below), but tomorrow’s list is going to be insane, so brace yourselves. ;)

BUT… LOOK WHAT JUST WENT LIVE!!!!

1. Pretty Face by Lucy Parker <— LIVE!!! SHE’S AN ACTRESS & HE’S A DIRECTOR ALERT!!…She wants to prove where her real talents lie—and that’s not on a casting couch, thank you. When she hears esteemed director Luc Savage is renovating a legendary West End theater for a lofty new production, she knows it could be her chance—if only Luc wasn’t so dictatorial, so bad-tempered and so incredibly sexy…“ And this is the author of “Act Like It” (that was also very popular with some of our crew right here!! *ahem* bev ;) P.S. It’s bargain priced today, and I have it!! :D )
  2. #1 Crush by T Gephart <— LIVE!!!! FAMOUS ACTOR & SHE’S HIS SUPERFAN ALERT!!! AND the blurb has me giggling already!! This one sounds like SO MUCH FUN. The ultimate “super-fan” fantasy (gone wrong… or gone right?) “…she just wanted to meet him. Just one time. One time. Confident that just seeing him in the flesh would get him out of her system. So, with her resolve steeled, Tia set off on a quest to make it happen while avoiding her mug shot being splayed across the five o’clock news. The journey no doubt will make for one hell of a story…”
  3. Lost In Between (Finding Me Duet Book 1) by KL Kreig <— LIVE!!! HE PAYS HER TO BE HIS FAKE GIRLFRIEND ALERT!!What does one do for 250 large, you wonder? Anything the infamous, gorgeous playboy of Seattle wants. For the next four months I’ll be Shaw Mercer’s arm candy, his beck and call girl, his faux girlfriend. I’ll be his to command, mold, push and pull in any direction he sees fit...”
  4. Paint the Stars (Free Fall Book 3) by Christina Lee & Nyrae Dawn <— LIVE!!! M/M ROMANCE ALERT!! He’s a reclusive brooding artist and he’s a zen yoga instructor… “…He’s close to his parents and lives with an awesome roommate. He’s content with weekend hookups, teaching yoga, and taking college courses. What he doesn’t expect is to be so intrigued by the brooding and reserved painter…
  5. Preston’s Honor by Mia Sheridan <— MIA SHERIDAN’S LATEST IS LIVE!!!!!! I LOVE HER STORIES!! Back on the list in case you missed it yesterday. “There were two brothers—identical twins—and though I loved them both, my soul belonged to only one...”
  6. Nova (The Renegades) by Rebecca Yarros <— LIVE!!! SNOWBOARDER STAR THAT BROKE HER HEART ALERT! “They say a girl broke him once– That’s why he’s so reckless, so driven, so careless with his conquests. But I’m that girl. They can call me his curse all they want. He and I both know the truth– He’s the one who destroyed me…”
  7. Time’s Up! (A Romantic Standalone) by Vicki Green <— LIVE!! HER ITALIAN PARENTS WANT HER MARRIED & PREGNANT BY 25 ALERT!! “What happens when your wealthy, pretentious Italian parents create a contract for you when you turned twenty-one and now a few years later you realize you only have nine months left to fulfill it...”
  8. Mastering Her Senses (Blasphemy Book 2) by Laura Kaye <— LIVE!!! LAURA KAYE’S DOM/SUB LATEST!!!Cassia Locke hasn’t played at Blasphemy since a caving accident left her with a paralyzing fear of the dark. Ready to fight, she knows just who to ask for help–the hard-bodied, funny-as-hell Dom she’d always crushed on–and once stood up…
  9. Where Promises Die: A Second Chance Romance by R.C. Stephens <— LIVE!! FORBIDDEN LOVE ALERT!! She was orphaned and adopted into a loving home… “What starts as a way to coax his adopted sister to speak and smile, blossoms into the kind of love that lasts a lifetime. In this small town it shouldn’t be a crime to fall in love . . . Isaac Duncan warns his son to stay away from the forbidden fruit...”
  10. Black Hearts (Sins Duet Book 1 by Karina Halle <— LIVE!!! KARINA HALLE’S LATEST!!! HIS FATHER IS A DRUG LORD ALERT!!…when Vicente stumbles across someone he’s not supposed to know about – a woman from his father’s checkered past – he sets out to California to find her behind his father’s back. What Vicente doesn’t expect to find in San Francisco is Violet McQueen, the woman’s twenty-year old daughter...” AND YOU DON’T HAVE TO READ the previous books to enjoy this one (it reads as a standalone).
  11. The Do-Gooder by Jessie L. Star <— LIVE!! SHE’S GOT A BAD REPUTATION… so she tried to reverse Karma by doing good deeds. “…she’ll complete one good deed for anyone who asks. And she does an amazing job at it, if she does say so herself. Still, there’s one thing she knows she can’t make better, no matter how many problems she solves for other people: on the night her brother died, she was off hooking up with his not-so-single best friend, Fletch…”
  12. Switch by Adriana Locke <— LIVE!!!! OFFICE ROMANCE ALERT!!! She’s his new secretary, and the morning of her first day is an utter MESS (and she’s LATE for work)!! And then she sees him and realizes how HOT he is. But he’s not impressed. “Being flustered is just the start of her problems. Her punctuality is only the start of his. With a pink slip in hand, he’s been waiting on his new secretary to show up only to let her go...”

PREORDERS (GOING LIVE at midnight!! :D )

➜ CHECK OUT ALL the upcoming BOOK RELEASES here (frequently updated and it goes all the way to 2017!)

Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).

R. Renee February 20, 2017 at 10:01 AM

First! But only because I’ve been up all night with this book!!!

bev February 20, 2017 at 10:20 AM

Pretty Face by Lucy Parker is out today.

Maryse February 20, 2017 at 10:22 AM

Oh lemme add it bev!! YAY! :)

Maryse February 20, 2017 at 10:22 AM

How’re you feelin’, R?

R. Renee February 20, 2017 at 10:30 AM

Exhausted, drained, shredded, achey…so pretty awesome, I’d say!

67% and crying again. I can’t believe I have tears left!

Maryse February 20, 2017 at 10:31 AM

Oh wow!!! :D !!!!

Skye Warren February 20, 2017 at 11:46 AM

Laura Kaye has a new BDSM out, too! Mastering Her Senses <3

I'm really excited about Black Hearts. Kind of nervous to read it, too.

Grey February 20, 2017 at 12:27 PM

I am so thankful for ARC’s… BUT, if I don’t get my taxes back soon. I am going to do my best Verruca Salt impression… Because really, I have been a very good girl. I have not bought any books in 2017 that I hadn’t preordered from last year, or gotten as a loan from someone else. But, it’s getting old and I want it now! LOL!

Maryse February 20, 2017 at 12:42 PM

Oh YAY!! Thank you Skye. I’m adding it. :D

Anna Penwick February 20, 2017 at 1:51 PM

Victoria Dannan’s Knights of the Black Swan Series is free on Kindle all nine books! I’ve never read anything by her but I think someone here mentioned liking this series.

Grey February 20, 2017 at 2:28 PM

The Education of Sebastian by Jane Harvey-Berrick is free on Amazon right now.

Amy February 20, 2017 at 4:24 PM

#1 Crush sounds so fun, and Preston’s Honor looks GREAT! :D

Amy February 20, 2017 at 4:26 PM

Oh, R. We feel ya.

We. Feel. Ya.

*snuggles R*

Jean February 20, 2017 at 4:38 PM

R, every single tear is worth it!

Nay February 20, 2017 at 6:02 PM

I’m on the Mists train now! I can’t wait!!!

Leslie M February 20, 2017 at 6:21 PM

Maryse, I made my fave trilogy list and will post. :)

I’m excited for “trilogies” thing as I love seeing everyone’s faves too.

Since my BFF Bev likes to look at lists, I also have list of trilogies I want to read.

Leslie M February 20, 2017 at 6:37 PM

My fave trilogies.

Sometimes you want to sink your teeth into a series and don’t want story ending with just one book.

My all time fave – (duh!) is Thoughtless…..’cause (double duh) Kellan.

Crash by Nicole Williams. Bad boy H who reminds me of Travis. Lots of angst and drama but it sucked me in. Spans from YA to NA.

Slammed by Colleen Hoover. (technically a duet w/3rd book male pov but whateves) I totally adore Will & Layken…also their relationship w/sibs?!? GAH!!! I butterflying LOVE this series!!

Breathing Series by Rebecca Donovan. OH EM GEE the feelz on this one!! Very emotional read (trigger warning: abuse) but worth every tear. Although this starts as YA, anyone who loves tear jerkers/angst should enjoy.

The Original Sinners by Tiffany Reisz (books 1-4). I know this is 4 books, but such a captivating story I had to include it. Epic mind f*ck, erotic, emotional, wild ride with an amazing & complex h. Total girl crush on Nora.

Up in the Air by R.K. Lilley. Yes, this is ANOTHER billionaire dom story, but it’s NOT a 50 copycat and its fabulous!!!

Driven by K. Bromberg. I fell so hard for Colton…and Rylee with her tragic past…and then – best epilogue ever…. major swoonage.

This Man by Jodi Ellen Malpas. Despite normally hating OTT drama, I FLOVED this! The H is totally cray, cray but that just made me love him more. Also had a great epilogue.

Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. I can’t even stomach dystopian genre but THIS just sucked me in. One of my all time faves. (That love of siblings gets me every time)
Peeta – “You love me, real or not real?” Katniss – “Real”
*heart explodes*

Temptation series by Ella Frank. Super hot m/m. Highly recommend to those who haven’t tried m/m yet.

Avoiding series by KA Linde. Love triangle angst-fest.

Wake series by M. Mabie. Another love triangle and swoony hero.

Nay February 20, 2017 at 8:01 PM

I also LURVED Thoughtless–it’s my fave too! Also This Man, Avoiding, Driven and one of my other all time faves–Tristan & Danika!! There are more, but those are off the top of my head. Oh yeah, FSOG!

D.G. February 20, 2017 at 8:31 PM

44 Chapters about 4 Men. Very interesting. I think I like it. *laughs*

Leslie M February 20, 2017 at 8:33 PM

Nay, silly me, I didn’t list FSOG. I guess because I thought that was obvious one most of us love. Whoops!

Jan February 20, 2017 at 9:09 PM

Great list again today, Maryse :D

Cheryl February 20, 2017 at 9:25 PM

#1 Crush looks good. I’m in the mood for Rom-Com. Also, Pretty Face (I loved the author’s previous- Act Like It), and Switch and Nova. Thanks!

Amber Trottier February 20, 2017 at 9:27 PM

Black Hearts was HOT! I loved it!

Maryse February 20, 2017 at 9:27 PM

YAY!! Thank you Leslie!!! :D

Maryse February 20, 2017 at 9:29 PM

Cheryl, I’m reading it now. So far so good and definitely funny, but I’ve really only just started it…

bev February 20, 2017 at 9:32 PM

Waiting for Devil in Spring. That’s my next read.

Leslie M February 20, 2017 at 9:39 PM

Looking forward to hearing how #1 Crush is.

Amy February 20, 2017 at 10:06 PM

Wait…what’d I miss? Are we submitting our favorite trilogies??

Leslie M February 20, 2017 at 10:17 PM

Amy, Megan mentioned Ground Rules and how she loves trilogies a few days ago. I then suggested a new list of fave trilogies. Maryse asked me to start it, so I did. :)

Amy February 20, 2017 at 10:30 PM

Ohhhhhh, okay. Guess I should get on that. ;)

R. Renee February 20, 2017 at 10:42 PM

Okay Maryse, you should have Butterflies in your inbox :)

Grey February 20, 2017 at 11:25 PM

Hmmm. Can we extend this idea for the trilogy list and do favorite series instead?

Jan February 21, 2017 at 12:19 AM

Yeah Grey. I’m struggling to think of fav trilogies, but I can easily list fav series…….
Beautiful series Christina Lauren
Alpha and Omega Patricia Briggs
Seven series Dannika Dark
Four Horsemen Mary Balogh (OK that’s a trilogy!)
Bedwyn series Mary Balogh (that’s NOT a trilogy)
Lean Dogs/ Dartmoor Lauren Gilley

Oh I could do this all day ;)

Jan February 21, 2017 at 12:21 AM

Amour et chocolat series Laura Florand

Tessa February 21, 2017 at 12:23 AM

Oh boy, favorite series would be huge from me.

See, FSOG is not everyone’s favorite *points to self*. I read Up in the Air first and feel like that story was way better.

Secret Circle by LJ Smith
The Kane Trilogy by Stylo Fantome
Off the Record series by KA Linde (I count this because the trilogy was one couple. Book 4 is about someone else.)
Dark Elements Trilogy by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Jan February 21, 2017 at 12:28 AM

FSOg isn’t my fav. (OK, I’ve only read bk 1)

Another series I floved is Travis series Lisa Kleypas

R. Renee February 21, 2017 at 12:29 AM

I’ll admit I loved 50SOG, but not until I read book 2, then the series just fell into place for me.

Jaime February 21, 2017 at 1:31 AM

Nova was great, even better than Wilder! I’m really impressed with Rebecca Yarros’ writing and can’t wait for more!

Leslie M February 21, 2017 at 7:30 AM

R, I actually kind of hated FSOG first time I read the first book. *gasps* It will sound strange, but it felt so similiar to Twilight I couldn’t shake it. I kept hearing Bella’s voice. I had never read a fanfic like that before. Someone who hasn’t read twilight a bazillion times like me wouldn’t notice it as much. Anyway, I got over it and ended up loving series.

P.S. I hated Beautiful Disaster first time I read that too.

Leslie M February 21, 2017 at 7:42 AM

I said “trilogies” because of Megan’s comment. :) My thought was basically non-standalone stories. Sometimes you are in mood for quick read, then sometimes you crave a well written, fleshed out journey with these characters you fell in love with. (I cheated and put some non-trilogies on my list. I’m sneaky like that).

Leslie M February 21, 2017 at 9:52 AM

Random question: Do you love or hate flashblacks in books?

I LOVE them. I especially loved the “Dear Ellen” journal entries from It Ends With Us.

Currently reading Mack Daddy and am on a flashback scene.

Maryse February 21, 2017 at 12:31 PM

I enjoy Flashbacks… gives us a great look into where we’re coming from. I just find it difficult if we’re doing it with multiple POVs thrown in…

Nay February 21, 2017 at 6:12 PM

I enjoy flashbacks in snippets, but not the ones that go back to when one of the mc’s was a child and go on and on. Bores me to tears!

I loved the Dear Ellen ones too!

Leslie M February 21, 2017 at 9:10 PM

Nay, I love it when it goes back to childhood. For ex: in To Love Jason Thorne the H grew up next door to h and was bffs with h’s bro. They flashed back to when h was 6 and met him and it was so freaking adorable.

Leslie M February 21, 2017 at 9:11 PM

But yes, in snippets is good.