11 Earlybird Book Releases + some that are going live at midnight…

by Maryse on July 31, 2017 · 49 comments

Happy Monday and good morning early birds!!! It’s the last day of July, but it brings us a few early book-release treats before tomorrow’s big new release day (some HUGE names going live at midnight!!!), and these book-treats do look yummy! :D I’m especially interested in that M/M book below. That sounds like it was tug at my heart, big time, and I love the premise of a recluse. I didn’t post the whole blurb, but IT gave me a blurb jolt, especially the end.

But first, I’m currently reading Tarryn Fisher’s latest (Atheists Who Kneel and Pray: a romance novel), and of course… I’m so into it. Her voice and writing style and characters always hook me, so I’m excited about getting back to it ASAP!

And for those that missed it, my latest review is up ➔ Book Review – Gwendy’s Button Box by Stephen King & Richard Chizmar. Some of you avoided it because you *think* this is not up your alley. But, in a delightfully unexpected way, it probably totally is. FIVE STARS from me and I recommend it to EVERYBODY. DO NOT BE SCARED to read this. Oh it’s chilling and thrilling, but… I promise. It’s what amazing stories are made of.

PLUS!! I have another review coming in just a but (the second in the Opposites Attract series), PLUS, in case you missed this, Thursday had some amazing surprise new releases (two on it that I’ve already read and loved) ➔ Wait a minute… is today part two of “Tuesday New Release Day”? Holy. Moly. so check that post out too. :D

Okay and now…

EARLY BIRDS THAT JUST WENT LIVE RIGHT NOW!!!!!

• Enrage (Eagle Elite ) by Rachel Van Dyken <— LIVE!!!! RACHEL VAN DYKEN’S LATEST IS LIVE!! AND!! It’s super-bargain priced today! “Enrage is the next standalone in the international best selling mafia series, Eagle Elite. Special release”
…I’m. In. Hell.Also known as the Cosa Nostra.My life was over the minute I stepped off that plane.Son to a murdered mob boss.Heir to a throne of murder and lies…
  • Cocky Chef by JD Hawkins <— LIVE!!! HIS KITCHEN… HIS RULES!!!! OOOOOH YOU GUYS I LOVE JERK-FACED AWESOME CHEFS!!! “...When I give an instruction in the kitchen, it’s not a suggestion–it’s an order. So when a new chef thinks she can do things her way, and dares to say so to my face, even her sharp wit and gorgeous pouty lips don’t make it okay…
  • For 100 Reasons: A 100 Series Novel by Lara Adrian <— LIVE!! LARA ADRIAN BILLIONAIRE TRILOGY ALERT!! ”FOR 100 REASONS is the sensual, suspenseful conclusion to the acclaimed 100 Series of contemporary romantic suspense from New York Times and #1 international bestselling author Lara Adrian.”
  • Alex in Wonderland by Max Monroe <— MAX MONROE’S LATEST IS LIVE!! ”...Wonderland Inc., a party planning organization for every major player in the world, is Oz, and I’m its Wizard. I can make anything—drugs, prostitutes, deals—appear for a night and disappear just as quickly. This doesn’t make me good or bad—it makes me essential. Wonderland Inc. was my life, until a beautiful contradiction of innocence and impurity, obedience and rebelliousness named Alex Little stepped in and turned both of our worlds upside down...”
  • Star Struck (Hollywood Heat) by Laurelin Paige <— A NEW ONE FROM LAURELIN PAIGE IS LIVE!!! SHE’S A HOLLYWOOD DIVA & HE’S THE SET CARPENTER ALERT!!! “…He’s been a Hollywood production designer far too long to have patience for A-listers with a superior attitude. Beautiful women with a chip on their shoulder are a dime a dozen. Which is why his obsession with Heather makes no sense. Nothing about her is attractive. Except the vulnerability under the sass...”
  • Lucky (No Prisoners MC Book 4) by Lilly Atlas <— LIVE!! BIKER BOOK ALERT! “...After six months caring for her terminally ill mother, Kori is shocked to learn the identity of her father. Armed with the name of a man she’s never met, Kori sets off across the country to meet the person responsible for half of her DNA: the President of the No Prisoners Las Vegas motorcycle club…
  • Something So Perfect by Natasha Madison <— LIVE!!! HOCKEY STAR ALERT!!! NATASHA MADISON’S LATEST IS LIVE!!! He’s got to clean up his act… “…When my father gave me a job, I had no idea it would be to babysit some washed up NHL player. He wanted me to be his chaperone, his overpaid babysitter. I thought it was a joke. Then I met him, Matthew Grant. I wasn’t prepared for this particular bad boy. He’s not only hot but he’s arrogant and kinda sweet in a ‘you make me crazy’ kind of way. Basically now that he’s finished screwing up his life, he’s decided to turn mine upside down…”
  • As Beautiful as the Bay (Blue Penguin Bay Book 2) by Serenity Woods
  • Captive by Trevion Burns <— LIVE!!! REVENGE & DESPERATION HAS A POLICE DETECTIVE KIDNAPPING THE MAYOR’S WIFE ALERT!!! “Determined to get his daughter back—with more rage in his veins than blood—Linc snatches the mayor’s wife, Mia Ali, at a fundraising event for his re-election campaign. Linc’s terms are straightforward: Emma for Mia. A simple exchange. At least, it had felt simple…”
  • Runner by Parker Williams<— LIVE!! M/M ROMANCE! HE’S AN EXTREME RECLUSE & STRESSES OVER THIS NEW PERSON RUNNING EVERY DAY IN FRONT OF HIS HOUSE... “Matt Bowers’s life ended at sixteen, when a vicious betrayal by someone who he should have been able to trust left him a shell of himself, fighting OCD and PTSD, living in constant fear and always running. When he buys a remote tract of land, he thinks he’s found the perfect place to hide from the world and attempt to establish some peace. For ten years he believes he’s found a measure of comfort, until the day a stranger begins to run on Matt’s road. He returns every day, an unwelcome intrusion into Matt’s carefully structured life. Matt appeals to the local sheriff, who cannot help him since the jogger is doing nothing wrong...”
  • Bad Boy Savior: The Bad Boy Series: Book 4 by S.E. Lund <— LIVE!!! FIGHTER ROMANCE ALERT!!!
  • Unleash Me: Wedding (The Unleash Me Series) by Christina Ross
  • Forbidden Gem by Cara Dee
  • Mr Right Now: A Romantic Comedy Standalone by Lila Monroe <— LIVE!! EX BIG-TIME BOY BAND STAR AND THE NORMAL GIRL & THEIR HIGH SCHOOL REUNION ALERT! “Ten years ago, Drew was boy-band royalty: the subject of a million teenage fantasies – and the guy next door. He was so far out of my league, I couldn’t see him for stars, but now I’m back in town for our high-school reunion, guess who I run into but Mr. Right-Now himself…”

PREORDERS (some going live at midnight!!! And a few of next week’s!!! :D )

➜ CHECK OUT ALL the upcoming BOOK RELEASES here (frequently updated and it goes all the way to 2018!)

Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).

Grey July 31, 2017 at 6:44 AM

Morning all!

Ela July 31, 2017 at 6:52 AM

Morning! Robin’s Summer Retreat is this week!!!?

R. Renee July 31, 2017 at 7:34 AM

Retreat!!! Doing more yard work today yay! Ela get to work on your naughty scene. The prize for the worst is two autographed books! I’m also putting a goodie bag together for Cards Against Humanity, which I suck at. :roll:

OMG Runner looks good! I need a good MM book. Damaged Like Us ended up being just okay for me. Thanks Maryse!

Leslie M July 31, 2017 at 7:57 AM

Morning!! Star Struck and several others look interesting. There goes the TBR control!

Authors – Stop writing so many good books and tempting our twitchy one-click finger!! ;)

R, was Damaged Like Us a stand alone story? I will probably wait til all books in series out to read it regardless. If you are looking for good m/m, Beyond the Sea by Keira Andrews is Fabi-approved and I want to read. So if you ever want to BR…..

Ela, you can use your beard-shaving scene for R’s retreat!!! Hee hee. I loved that.

Ela July 31, 2017 at 8:10 AM

Thanks Leslie! Totally forgot about that one….and it’s perfect!

Ela July 31, 2017 at 8:22 AM

Robin, does Jen know about the naughty scene??? I’ll text her anyway…

Kandace M July 31, 2017 at 9:26 AM

Morning, Ladies. Has anyone read Maldeamores (lovesick) by Mara White? I’ve thinking Of reading it. I’m kind of nervous the angst might be too much for me.

R. Renee July 31, 2017 at 9:35 AM

Yep! I already have it loaded! Ela. And I mentioned it on my webpage so unless she saw it there, I don’t think she knows.

Leslie, it was a standalone. It didn’t end on a CH, just celebrity drama that I suppose continues in the next book. It didn’t have enough angst for me (or any actually), but I liked the romance. It had a few super swoony lines that I loved and the writing was unique, but I doubt I’ll continue or pick up the earlier series.

I’ll ask Fabi about BTS. We usually differ on MM so she’ll know if I’l like it.

Tessa July 31, 2017 at 10:47 AM

Another Eagle Elite? I’m tempted but I’m still stuck on Elude. Bang, Bang had a HUGE spoiler in it for Elude and yeah. I gotta wait until I can handle reading that one. Yet… 99 cents… I’m tempted to skip Elude just so I can keep reading the series, though none have been like that first book.

I spent this weekend in Santa Cruz. You’d think tons of beach time and boardwalk? Nope. Mostly went into the heated pool. Don’t get me wrong. We went to the beach, built sand castles, ran and jumped into the water, and went to the boardwalk, but the pool was really the highlight. Little dude had never been in a hot tub before. :D He loved it. The best is he went into the hot tub late at night on Sat, was in for maybe 10 minutes before he was so sleepy he wanted to go back to the hotel and go to sleep. Hehehe

Grey July 31, 2017 at 11:12 AM

Ok, I’m back.

Kandace, I want to read Maldeamores… It is on my list, but I’m still in book buy lockdown, LOL!

Tessa, good job mama!

Last day of the month, are we doing best book of the month today? Or tomorrow?

R, oh man, girl…we can’t wait for all of the retreat stories!! So jealous!

Maryse July 31, 2017 at 11:12 AM

Good morning everyone!!! :D

Maryse July 31, 2017 at 11:13 AM

Kandace I hear that one is taboo or forbidden love or both. I have a feeling why… ;)

Kandace M July 31, 2017 at 11:14 AM

Girls… it’s so good. I’m holding my breath as I read it! I’m totally rooting for them!

Grey July 31, 2017 at 11:21 AM

Kandace, are you reading Maldeamores… or Malentendido? Keep me posted… I need a good one. *giggle*

Kandace M July 31, 2017 at 11:25 AM

Grey. I’m devouring Maldeamores. It’s sooo good.

Grey July 31, 2017 at 11:35 AM

I’m doing a beta read right now… but maybe that will be my reward.

Tessa July 31, 2017 at 11:52 AM

Best book today! Mine is To Hate Adam Conner. Normally, Romcoms are not my favorites, because a lot of even really good one lack angst, but this one didn’t! I just really adored it, it was hilarious, and even with the trope of normal girl/actor, it felt real. :D

Maryse July 31, 2017 at 11:55 AM

Okay my latest Rachel Higginson review is almost done, I just have to pop in some of my favorite quotes, and I’ll post it around supper time. :D

Then, back to my Tarryn Fisher book. I’m having a GREAT reading week (or 2), lately.

Grey July 31, 2017 at 12:34 PM

I have 2 best of the month books. I had 2 five star reads this month, and they were equally fantastic for totally different reasons. The Unrequited by Saffron A. Kent and A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas.

And good news… Fabi is working on the Pick-for-me pairs!!! *tosses glitter*

R. Renee July 31, 2017 at 12:40 PM

Mine was definitely The Unrequited!

Leslie M July 31, 2017 at 1:01 PM

I actually had a good reading month! Yay me!!!

I have several that I loved.

The Ground Rules (trilogy) by Roya Carmen
Love, in English by Karina Halle
Beautiful Mistake by Vi Keeland

Grey July 31, 2017 at 1:11 PM

This is not a drill! Fabi posted the pairs!!! *squee*

bev July 31, 2017 at 1:38 PM

Omg. These made me laugh and cover my face…….because so true.
The koola

bev July 31, 2017 at 1:41 PM

That just posted, that was weird.
But the koala hugging a foot? Me with anyone I know in a gathering. You are not leaving my sight. My friends know I ask them 10× if anyone else will be there. Or there significant other will say, hey we will be in area go surprise your friend. And they reply if we want to make her mad, Lol.

bev July 31, 2017 at 1:42 PM

Their significant other. Their. Grr.

Fabi July 31, 2017 at 2:13 PM

Yes, pairs are posted for our Pick For Me challenge. …and I picked a doozy for Renee. *cackles evil laugh*

R. I think you’ll like Beyond the Sea because you liked On the Island.

Favorite book in July – so hard to pick! I read 7 five star books!

So, I think I’m going to highlight someone who is quickly becoming a favorite author due to his SUPERB WRITING SKILL.

He’s only published 3 books so far. Michelle went crazy over his first one, so I checked it out and now I’ve read all three of his and looking forward to more.

Lying Eyes by Robert Winter

came out earlier this month and can be read as a stand-alone

Robyn July 31, 2017 at 2:52 PM

Kandace, I just finished Maldeamores and the sequel to it. Great books. Loved the forbiddeny angst. Well worth the read!

Maryse, one,of my favorite paranormal shifter series came out with a new book to the series called Taus Pride Sacrifices by Deborah Dorchak and Wendi Kelly. You guys have to read this whole series if you love shifters. It follows this pieced together family from the very beginning and now it’s about how everyone has come together to keep the family intact. It’s about love, loyalty, redemption and family. This series has everything in it!

Melissa B July 31, 2017 at 4:22 PM

You forgot new Penny Reid comes out. Beard in Mind.

Cheryl July 31, 2017 at 5:52 PM

Hi!! Feel like between my daughter’s recovery from surgery and painting my kitchen cabinets, I haven’t had the opportunity to read much or even check Maryse’s posts and your comments. :(

Today my daughter was admitted for inpatient physical therapy, so I think I will have a lot of down time to finally read. I’m finishing up the Aly Martinez duet- which I’m loving. Then I’m not sure what I’m reading next. I’ve been very curious about Tarryn Fisher’s latest- so I can’t wait to hear what you think of it Maryse. Or maybe even start Mr. Right Now or The Difference Between Us or hopefully read all of them since my daughter will be in rehab for at least 2 weeks. *hugs to all*

Amy July 31, 2017 at 5:56 PM

Wait…WAIT!!! It’s not the first yet and I didn’t get my name in for pick-for-me!

Fine.

FINE.

MARYSE!!!! You’re picking for me since they decided to have the party early and I missed out:

Amy July 31, 2017 at 6:20 PM

By the way Maryse, how is Atheists? Is it full-on TF or TF lite?

Kandace…I read Maldeamores but I don’t remember much about it. Huh. *scratches head* I actually had to look it up to see if I HAD read it. Yeah, I know…that wasn’t much help. :lol:

Maryse July 31, 2017 at 6:36 PM

Amy so far I love it. I’m a quarter in, and I love how the heroine thinks. And so far it’s strictly from her POV so she’s really questioning… everything. ;) YES. It’s full on Tarryn Fisher, kind of dark humor and strength and seriously hidden vulnerability, but so far, definitely romance. Or… a love story. ;) DOn’t know for sure yet. LOL!!!! :P

Maryse July 31, 2017 at 6:36 PM

Amy if I’m picking, I say lets buddy-read that sucker right now!!! :D

Amy July 31, 2017 at 7:33 PM

The Atheists book? If so, I’m in!! :D

Amy July 31, 2017 at 7:38 PM

Also, I posted this on the other board but thought it should go here as well because it sounds GOOD. The Face On the Milk Carton by Caroline Cooney is 1.99 right now. Read that blurb and tell me it doesn’t sound intriguing. ;)

Tessa July 31, 2017 at 8:15 PM

Face on the carton was good. It wasn’t the best, but it was definitely good. I read it when I was 12 or 13? Now to really date myself, I paid $2.99 for the paperback copy back then.

Tessa July 31, 2017 at 8:17 PM

Oh, and when you pull it up, there are other choices of people selling the old paperback, and that red one was the cover of the book I read… many years ago. lol

Jan July 31, 2017 at 8:17 PM

Ooh Robyn, I haven’t heard of that pnr series (Kelly and Dorchak). Is there romance as well as adventure?

I had a goodly pile of decent reads in July. It’s hard to pick *the* best. But I enjoyed:

Magnate by Joanna Shupe. (Gilded Age HR set in NY)
The Late Show by Michael Connelly (new police procedural set in LA)
Fool Me Twice by Meredith Duran (HR)
Forgiving by LaVyrle Spencer (Western HR oldie but goodie)
Duke Of Pleasure by Elizabeth Hoyt (Georgian HR)

bev July 31, 2017 at 9:10 PM

Tessa me too. I can’t remember how old I was When I read it but had the old cover.
Did you see the made for tv movie?

bev July 31, 2017 at 9:13 PM

Um…the new one is a bit freaky and I do not remember the book being freaky at all.

bev July 31, 2017 at 9:18 PM

Tessa it always makes me smile when we have read the same books. I think because we are around the same age and so were reading them around the same time .
We so would of been kid book buds.

Maryse July 31, 2017 at 9:44 PM

That’s the one Amy!!

Maryse July 31, 2017 at 9:46 PM

*hugs Cheryl*

We’ll always be here whenever you’ve got a moment, or a whole day to pop in my friend. :)

Maryse July 31, 2017 at 9:46 PM

Thank you Melissa! I have to stalk that one. :D

Maryse July 31, 2017 at 9:49 PM

Ooooh Robyn I am looking it up now (and will add it to the reader recommendations tomorrow). *hug* Thank you!!! :D

Maryse July 31, 2017 at 9:59 PM

My pleasure R. I put that one on my TBR list. I’m totally in the mood for it.

Tessa July 31, 2017 at 10:21 PM

Bev, probably! Though, I was super shy as a pre-teen. :)

I never saw the made for TV movie. Even then, I thought those were horribly done. lol Who knew it would grow as I got older and make me cringe when a book I like becomes a movie. Also, yeah. Why is that cover creepy? I could understand if it was a Lois Duncan or something, but that one? Uh… no.

Oooh, speaking of which, did anyone read Lois Duncan as a pre-teen? She was my gateway drug to PNR. The first one I read, Stranger with my Face, was so good, I started to devour all of them immediately.

Julie o August 1, 2017 at 5:25 AM

Leslie
I loved The Ground Rules and Love In English also. Both great.
I especially liked the husband in ground rules, thought he was a good guy.

Leslie M August 1, 2017 at 4:48 PM

Julie o, The Ground Rules series was unputdownable for me. One of those where I was kicking myself for waiting so long to read it. I think a lot of people’s disappointment with 3rd book is what held me off, but I was happy with the ending.