Early Bird Book Releases & a few of tomorrow’s preorder highlights!

by Maryse on April 11, 2016 · 70 comments

<— A few early new releases that MUST be highlighted today, like that one to the left, and another new one that I’m about to start reading!! Actually it’s going to be a buddy read!

Maryse: Now… what should we read next? That Stuck-Up Suit sounds like a lot of fun…

Amy: OOOOH!! I just read the full blurb for Stuck-Up Suit and DANG! That one sounds goooooood. And it’s by two familiar authors so… You wanna read that one? Let’s!!! *claps hands and bounces on toes*

PREORDERS GOING LIVE TOMORROW (or maybe at midnight!)

1. The Player (The Game Maker Series) by Kresley Cole – April 12th 2016
  2. The Player and the Pixie (Rugby Book 2) by Penny Reid & L.H. Cosway
  3. Listen To Me: A Fusion Novel by Kristen Proby – April 12th 2016
  4. Forever Rockers (The Rocker…Series Book 12) by Terri Anne Browning – April 12th 2016
  5. Rogue Belador: Belador book 7 by Dianna Love – April 12th 2016
  6. The Obsession by Nora Roberts – April 12th 2016
  7. The Randy Romance Novelist by Meghan Quinn – #1 was so good!! (my review)
  8. Bitter Blood (Blood and Moonlight Book 3) by Cynthia Eden – April 12th 2016
  9. Devoted: A Masters and Mercenaries Novella by Lexi Blake – April 12th 2016
  10. HUSH (Black Lotus #3) (The Black Lotus Series) by E.K. Blair – #1 was so good! (my review)
  11. Slow & Steady by Kendall Ryan – April 12th 2016
  12. Wed to a SEAL: Hot SEALs by Cat Johnson – April 12th 2016
  13. Resist (Spontagio Family) by Missy Johnson – April 12th 2016
  14. Sidebarred: A Legal Briefs Novella #3.5 by Emma Chase – April 24th 2016
  15. Ladies Man by Katy Evans <— APRIL 26th but I had to add this! :D

1. Stuck-Up Suit by Vi Keeland and Penelope Ward <— IN CASE YOU MISSED IT ALERT!!! Look what went live yesterday… and THIS is the one I’m reading next. OMG THAT BLURB is right up my alley!
  2. The Bad Ones by Stylo Fantome <— STYLO FANTOME ALERT! “Sometimes it happens between two people who should never be allowed to come together. One who is a match, and the other who just happens to be gasoline. One strike is all it takes to burn the whole world down, and that’s exactly what they plan on doing.”
  3. Possessed by a Dark Warrior (Eternal Mates Paranormal Romance Series Book 9) by Felicity Heaton
  4. Between the Pages: A Novel by Amanda Richardson <— SHE’S A GHOSTWRITER & HE’S A MYSTERIOUS AUTHOR ALERT! They fall for each other but… “Finley works with Emerson to get his story on paper. She begins to uncover things about him she wishes she never knew; piecing together Emerson’s past, one chapter at a time—a past with a secret even she can’t ignore…”
  5. The Darkest Passion (Lords of the Underworld) by Gena Showalter <— Re-release!
  6. Awakened (Eternal Guardians Book 8) by Elizabeth Naughton <— “Elysia is unlike any trainee he’s ever met. Not only can she remember where she came from—an ability the Sirens block—but she has an instant connection to Damon, one he’s never felt and doesn’t understand…”
  7. Men of Courage II: An Honorable Man\Blown Away\Perilous Waters by Lori Foster
  8. As If I Were A Riverby Amanda Saint <— HER HUSBAND GOES MISSING… “…story of three generations of women and the impact of their actions upon each other…and themselves. It is a story of buried secrets, and of finding the courage to question the life you lead.”

Tessa April 11, 2016 at 11:10 AM

Bad Ones is out? Already? *One click* She’s an auto buy author for me.

Stephanie April 11, 2016 at 11:16 AM

I just finished reading Stuck-Up Suit. Let me first say I loved Cocky Bastard. Loved it loved it loved it. I also loved the first half of Stuck-Up Suit. I enjoyed the banter between Graham and Soraya. I didn’t enjoy the twist that was thrown in and the everyone handled it. It felt like I was reading about high schoolers instead of adults. Would have liked to see more interaction with Graham’s grandma. So overall loved the first half but not so much the second.

Lanie April 11, 2016 at 11:28 AM

Just finished Stuck Up Suit. I have to say that I love Cocky Bastard more (though Chase and his goat does make an appearance in Suit!). The twist in Stuck Up Suit and everything that followed were kind of predictable. It was still good, and Graham was hot and dirty. But Chase (and his butt) is still number one for me.

Ela April 11, 2016 at 11:34 AM

DICK by Scott Hildreth also went live over the weekend…sounds good.

Theresa April 11, 2016 at 12:01 PM

Just finished The Beast – and dying for Kresley Cole release tonight. Big switch up. Callie Hart has new rekease tomorrow as well – Calico

Ela April 11, 2016 at 12:10 PM

I think it’s THIS MONTH that is full of wonderful releases!

Tessa April 11, 2016 at 12:23 PM

Oh, an thank you about Bad Ones. I thought it was next week to be released.

I’m finally reading Paper Princess. I’m only 17% in and OMG LOVE it. Reed is ugh, which you know I adore. Bev was right. This is my type to a T.

Maryse April 11, 2016 at 12:30 PM

YAY!!!! :D

Yes, this is a great month indeed. We still have a Kristen Ashley book coming out!!

I’m so glad you’re loving it, Tessa. That book was a blast!

Robyn April 11, 2016 at 12:46 PM

Loved Paper Princess, One Second and Shock Advised! I read them all over the weekend. Just when I’m in a slump, more goodies come out! YAY!! I’m reading Stuck up Suit and the Bad Ones next.

Janie April 11, 2016 at 3:45 PM

Can anyone think of any books where the heroine is a little “nerdy”? I read Breathe by Kristen Ashley and loved Faye and want more heroines like her!

Ela April 11, 2016 at 4:08 PM
Fabi April 11, 2016 at 4:32 PM

Ela, how did you search for those lists? Did you scroll through the list of lists or is there a search feature somewhere?

Ela April 11, 2016 at 4:38 PM

Hey Fabi! In GR – Browse – Lists – then to the right side there is a box that says “search lists”, you type in you key words and voila…

Fabi April 11, 2016 at 4:54 PM

Thank you Ela!

Michelle April 11, 2016 at 5:05 PM

The Bad Ones is autobuy for me too – love SF!

Up to 63% of The Warded Man. Almost couldn’t get myself to put it down last night and hurried home to start back up! I need to finish tonight or I won’t sleep – Fabi look what you’ve done! MichelleS you NEED to read this book too, just saying ;)

Kathy P April 11, 2016 at 5:08 PM

I rarely preorder but Presley Cole’s Gamemaker Series is one of the few I do!! Have been waiting for the 3rd book forever. Dominants and Russian Mob is a perfect combination!

Jean April 11, 2016 at 5:18 PM

I’m halfway through Stuck Up Suit and I think I’m feeling the same as Stephanie already. Nothing can compare to Cocky Bastard!

Janie April 11, 2016 at 5:35 PM

Thanks Ela!!

Sharon April 11, 2016 at 5:37 PM

Finished The Beast yesterday and it did not disappoint in the least. So many twists and turns and OMG moments. Each side story held my attention too.

I am going to finish up Forever Pucked, the onto Virgins!

Maryse April 11, 2016 at 5:38 PM

Okay so I’ll start Cocky Bastard instead. I just heard the same thing from Kelly on Facebook…

Great feedback guys!!

Fabi April 11, 2016 at 5:51 PM

Michelle, HOW do you get to 63% of a books as long as The Warded Man while listening to narration IN ONE DAY?

I’m determined to figure out your secret to getting through as many books as you do while working as many hours as you do.

I am so glad you’re enjoying it!!! Yipeee *happy dance*

Michelle April 11, 2016 at 6:09 PM

Haha Fabi, my secret is I bought the kindle book too since I can read faster than listen. I was so into it, that I’ve been doing both! Listened when getting ready in the morning, making dinner/cleaning, and my commute and read for like 3 hours straight last night. I got out of the house on time too because I was like oh well I can just continue listening in the car lol. I have the speed up higher on the narration too. I find most are too slow for me less than 1.5x depending on the narrator. Basically I’m obsessed with this one until I finish! But reading hints to make you faster besides reading a lot to train yourself – use bigger font. Whatever doesn’t strain your eyes and wide margins so more words are in the center of the page. Less horizontal eye movement gets you through a page faster. I also change up the background color periodically. I find sometimes, at least for me, I read ‘fresher’ if that makes sense with just a little visual change. Kinda like when you need a location change when working or studying to boost your attention back up.

Maryse April 11, 2016 at 6:10 PM

*looks up The Warded Man*

OMG HORROR! You guys I LOVE horror! Am I looking at the right one?

Jan130 April 11, 2016 at 6:15 PM

Janie what about Nalini Singh’s Rock Addiction? Hot sexy rockstar falls for a (virgin) librarian. Eeek! Love this book. Very sexy. Or have you read the Beautiful series by Christina Lauren? Try Beautiful Player. Hanna is a sweet geeky nerd whose helpful brother organises for her to learn about dating from his best friend gorgeous player Will. Can Hanna be the one to change Will’s naughty ways? (Der … rhetorical question). Hanna and Will are delightful together. This a funny and sexy book.

bev April 11, 2016 at 6:17 PM

Maryse after my current read I was thinking of starting Cocky Bastard too. I didn’t realize until yesterday it was a road trip book. Love those.

Fabi April 11, 2016 at 6:25 PM

Horror? ummmm Tessa, Michelle, do you think The Warded Man is Horror? Personally, I’d call it fantasy. Maybe going so far as to call it a fantasy thriller?

There was a horror thriller I put on my suggestion list for Michelle. But it wasn’t this one.

Michelle, thank you so much for the tips! I’m going to try every one of them.

On another note, Magic Born by Caethes Faron wasn’t going to be available until April 12th, but it went live a little early AND she has it on sale for $0.99 right now. Her books are always more expensive than that. Magic Burn is a new adult urban fantasy. This first book is really the intro to the world. It’s going to be a really slow burn like The Others. :-/ in spite of the sexy panther shifter.

Michelle April 11, 2016 at 6:31 PM

The Warded Man by Peter V. Brett Maryse. I would say it’s mostly fantasy but I guess thriller/horror could apply secondarily. Demons are tearing people apart after dark and such…

Fabi, I copied the whole list and will pull out some of the others I haven’t read eventually. I will read any genre so they all looked great to me! Try the wider margins at least, and not crazy big font but big enough that you do not have to strain at all. Looking up Magic Born.

Jan130 April 11, 2016 at 6:36 PM

Hmmm. Magic Born. New NA urban fantasy series with sexy shifters. 0.99c. *Click*

Fabi April 11, 2016 at 6:42 PM

I am definitely going to use all your tips!

The Warded Man definitely has darker aspects. Maybe Dark Fantasy?

lol – trying to describe it

Michelle one of these days I am going to talk you or MichelleS into reading Hominids and afterwards ya’ll are going to stare at me with your mouths hanging wide open… ;-)

Fabi April 11, 2016 at 6:43 PM

oh oh Jan, there’s no smexyness in this first book in that series…just letting you know

Amy April 11, 2016 at 6:47 PM

So I should read CB before SUS? Well, crap…

Amy April 11, 2016 at 6:48 PM

Or maybe I should just jump into Paper Princess…what say y’all?

bev April 11, 2016 at 6:52 PM

I vote Sherlock.

Maryse April 11, 2016 at 6:52 PM

Okay I’m already chuckling with glee reading Cocky Bastard, and I’m only in the first few pages. Tee hee!!!

Fabi April 11, 2016 at 6:55 PM

Maryse that’s a super cute read.

Fabi April 11, 2016 at 6:56 PM

lol Bev. What is Sherlock? Surely not the book series?

Maryse April 11, 2016 at 6:57 PM

Okay this is ridiculous… i’m at 4% and I can’t stop cackling!!!!

Since the very start… my mom (we FaceTime) finally just said “WHAT?!!! WHAT IS SO FUNNY?!!”

And I’m all… “you just have to read it. It’s just funny”

So all that to say… the start? Priceless interactions. I AM SO IN!!!!!!!!!

Maryse April 11, 2016 at 6:58 PM

I think bev and I are reading Cocky Bastard, so read that one with us!! :D

Maryse April 11, 2016 at 6:59 PM

bev ALWAYS votes Sherlock. Is it on Netflix?

My worry is, if I get involved in a TV series I won’t read….

Fabi April 11, 2016 at 7:00 PM

Oh — it’s a TV/movie rec? Uhhhh, I really prefer books. lol

bev April 11, 2016 at 7:04 PM

Is MO your husband?

I think it is but not sure. Each season is only 3 maybe 4 eps long. I still need to watch the last one.

Fabi, that’s cause you haven’t tried it yet. Benedict Cumberbatch & Martin Freeman….so so good. How many times have I steered you wrong? ……wait don’t answer that.

bev April 11, 2016 at 7:07 PM

Ok that was weird
In my email it said her Mo was asking. Now it says mom, lol.

You know who’d like Sherlock? Your mom.

Jan130 April 11, 2016 at 7:09 PM

K thanks for the warning Fabi. But I’ve clicked it already at that bargain price and I’ll give it a go. Sounds pretty good anyway.

Maryse April 11, 2016 at 7:11 PM

LOL bev!!!!!!

Okay now YOU just made me cackle. I have to read that to my MOM.

Amy April 11, 2016 at 7:13 PM

*sigh* Cocky Bastard it is. I do NOT have the ability to think for myself right now, so I’m (happily) letting you decide for me.

You know who wouldn’t like Sherlock, Bev? Our teachers. Because you and I are supposed to be doing homework.

Jan130 April 11, 2016 at 7:13 PM

BTW totally with you on the Sherlock series, Bev. A 21st century take on the old classics. Really well done. Benedict Cummerbatch makes a perfect Sherlock. Maybe Fabi you can watch it in the evening when your eyes are too tired for reading?? (Or is that impossible?)

bev April 11, 2016 at 7:23 PM

Just going to do an assignment right now. Lol. Also why Star Wars is two days late.

Maryse, do you face time read together? That is so sweet.
Ask your fb crew I think they’d back Sherlock, lol.
Yes, Jan he is so great in that role, it is a fun show too.

Fabi April 11, 2016 at 7:50 PM

lol Jan, I think when my eyes are too tired to read I’m usually falling asleep with a book or my Kindle on my face

Maryse April 11, 2016 at 8:04 PM

Okay just… this book is BEYOND hilarious. I can’t freaking stop laughing and highlighting.

Maryse April 11, 2016 at 8:05 PM

Tee hee bev. I just asked. *snort* :P

Maryse April 11, 2016 at 8:07 PM

Wow the ratings for Sherlock are VERY HIGH. Like crazy big love for it…

Janie April 11, 2016 at 8:27 PM

Thanks for the suggestions, Jan!

bev April 11, 2016 at 8:29 PM

Watch them all be …um, no. Lol.

Maryse April 11, 2016 at 9:07 PM

I’m getting great feedback on it, bev!! :D Looks like your series is popular!

Jean April 11, 2016 at 9:09 PM

Jennifer April 11, 2016 at 9:26 PM

The first 6 books in the Rylee Adamson series by Shannon Mayer is on sale for $0.99 a piece! Grab them! Great paranormal series with a badass heroine. Very good series and it is complete.

Celeste April 11, 2016 at 9:26 PM

I started Stuck-Up Suit today, and I’m loving it so far (at 45%), because as stuck up and pervy this guy is, these same traits are actually endearing on him. I’m a bit sad now reading a previous comment about it turning ‘high school’. Fingers crossed it ends well!

Celeste April 11, 2016 at 9:29 PM

Also, shoot! Should I have read Cocky Bastard before I started on S-U Suit?

Tessa April 11, 2016 at 9:32 PM

Paper Princess was soooo good. Pure happy good. Reed was just perfect, Ella was sassy, and I adored Easton and Valerie. *grins* SO much love for it right now.

Anne April 11, 2016 at 9:42 PM

Hey guys!! I finished reading last night Too Late by Colleen Hoover (its free on wattpad) and loved it!!! It was darker than anything I have read from her. I just love her writing so much!

I am 20% into Stuck Up Suit and really liking it! Love the banter between Soraya and Graham.

Anne April 11, 2016 at 9:48 PM

Also The Player and the Pixie sounds so good!! He’s hot but bad in bed?? Lol I can see this being hilarious!!

Tessa April 11, 2016 at 10:08 PM

Ooooh, and after that goodie I have Bad Ones to read!

Theresa April 11, 2016 at 11:26 PM

Kresley Cole is live!

Pia April 12, 2016 at 6:01 AM

Anne, I finished Too Late by Colleen Hoover this weekend too. So good and so much angst – I was literally biting my nails by the end. Nothing like anything else she has written. I highly recommend it.

I went on a weekend break with my hubby this weekend (no children :-) ) I had promised him no kindle and no books. But on the ride there I remembered Maryse mentioning on facebook that Colleen Hoover had a book on Wattpad. I found it and had such a hard time putting it down during the weekend. Finished it saturday night at 2.30 am :-)

Maryse April 12, 2016 at 11:08 AM

They can both be read as standalones, Celeste, so I think starting on either one is just fine. :D

Maryse April 12, 2016 at 11:08 AM

I just heard this from someone else, Anne. And I love Colleen Hoover so I have to check this one out. YAY US!!

Maryse April 12, 2016 at 11:17 AM

Thank you Jennifer! I added them to today’s list. :D

Maryse April 12, 2016 at 11:23 AM

Thank you for that find, Fabi! I’m adding it to today’s new release list. :D

Maryse April 12, 2016 at 11:25 AM

Yay Sharon!! I’m going to read the Beast very shortly… thank you for the feedback. So far, it’s all been great! :D

Young April 13, 2016 at 7:48 AM

Finished Marked in Flesh. So so good!! As Tessa said, yes, ooohh..skinny dipping scene  I can’t wait for the next book to see how the relationship between Meg and Simon will progress…