<— BREAKING NEWS UPDATE!!! DARK READ Just went live!! Corrupt by Penelope Douglas
OMG this sounds crazy, I can’t even choose a part of the blurb I wanna highlight, ’cause the 2nd part of the blurb is WAY different than the first part… so I say this blurb must be read for THAT jolt!!
I was told that dreams were our heart’s desires. My nightmares, however, became my obsession. His name is Michael Crist.
My boyfriend’s older brother is like that scary movie that you peek through your hand to watch. He’s handsome, strong, and completely terrifying. The star of his college’s basketball team and now gone pro, he’s more concerned with the dirt on his shoe than me.
But I noticed him. I saw him. I heard him. The things that he did, and the deeds that he hid…For years, I bit my nails, unable to look away. Now, I’ve graduated high school and moved on to college, but I haven’t stopped watching Michael. He’s bad, and the dirt I’ve seen isn’t content to stay in my head anymore.
Because he’s finally noticed me.
Her name is Erika Fane, but everyone calls her Rika. My brother’s girlfriend grew up hanging around my house and is always at our dinner table. She looks down when I enter a room and stills when I am close. I can always feel the fear rolling off of her, and while I haven’t had her body, I know that I have her mind. That’s all I really want anyway.
Until my brother leaves for the military, and I find Rika alone at college. In my city. Unprotected. The opportunity is too good to be true, as well as the timing. Because you see, three years ago she put a few of my high school friends in prison, and now they’re out.
We’ve waited. We’ve been patient. And now every last one of her nightmares will come true.”
Just a few great looking books that popped up on my radar this morning, and I thought I’d post ‘em in case any of these strike your fancy. Three super sales and two new book releases,. And the first (that one there to the left) one had me one-clicking within seconds of reading that blurb.
P.S. I’m reading one right now (Tangled <— from last year!) that I’m loving, and I’m feeling, and it’s right up our alley (story-wise, writing-wise, “new adult” character-wise). She’s in love with her best friend, but HIS best friend is a bully. He hates her. But us getting to know him? WOW. It’s intense. I haven’t skimmed a thing. Not even the “steamy scenes”. It’s gonna hurt, I just know it. It already hurts, and I’m halfway through. —->
Okay so… we’ve got teens raised in a cult, teens running away to Vegas to get married, new adults heading to L.A. to becomes stars, a love-at-first-sight married couple that sounds so tragic and heartbreaking, and a savage man that she’s been hired to “culture”.
- The Family by Marissa Kennerson <— SHE’S BEEN RAISED IN A CULT ALERT! And she’s seventeen now, and scheduled to marry the head of the cult, and thinks this is a good thing… until she meets a boy her own age. “Adam—their Father, prophet, and savior—announces that Twig will be his new bride, and she is overjoyed and honored. But when an injury forces her to leave the Family compound, Twig finds that the world outside is not as toxic as she was made to believe. And then she meets Leo, an American boy…” Plus! It’s on sale today. I one clicked this one. I just love stories that explore this kind of life…
- My Soul To Keep (Soul Series Book 1) by Kennedy Ryan <— JUST RELEASED! MUSICIANS IN L.A. ALERT! She’s trying to make her way… and meets him. Oh oh. “I’m finally making my way, making my mark. I can’t afford to fall for one of music’s brightest stars. Not now. Music is all I have left, and I’m holding on tight with both hands. I won’t let go, not even for Rhyson Gray…”
- Me Without You by Kelly Rimmer <— TEARJERKER FOR THOSE THAT LOVED THE NOTEBOOK & ME BEFORE YOU ALERT (or so it says in the intro to the blurb…) and it’s on sale today! “My Lilah, who gave me so much, and yet kept from me a secret that she knew would break my heart. My name is Callum Roberts, and this is our story.“
- Fall Into Place (Taking the Fall) by Alexa Riley <— JUST RELEASED! Young love, Vegas weddings and Russian sniper “runaway” daughters. Sounds like sweet intensity!
- Uncivilized by Sawyer Bennett <— SAVAGE MAN WON’T BE TAMED ALERT! I read this one a year or so ago! He’s been raised in the wild and now a grown man, has just been discovered. “Dr. Moira Reed is an anthropologist who has been hired to help me transition back into modern society. It’s her job to smooth away my rough edges… to teach me how to navigate properly through this new life of mine. She wants to tame me. She’ll never win…“