Karina Halle’s “Come Alive” (Experiment in Terror book #7) is LIVE right now!!

by Maryse on June 23, 2013 · 38 comments

in Editorial, Latest Book Releases

<—– Come Alive (Experiment in Terror #7) IS LIVE ON AMAZON right now!!! *squeeeeee*

Doin’ a happy dance, happy dance…hap-py-dannnnnnce (okay actually that was me singing and happy dancing).

And, nope, I haven’t read this one yet, and YEP I need my Dex-fix. SO bad!!!

Kirsten: Karina Halle’s 7th EIT book is LIVE! I loved it, go get it.

Erin: Why~oh~why do I have to work on the day that Come Alive is released :( I guess I have to keep up with my Amazon one-click problem :) haha

Kristi: So, What’s everyone reading?? HAHAHA!!!! EIT ladies!!!!!

Sally: I did it! I finally did it! I jumped on the paranormal train. I am knee deep in the EIT series (starting Lying Season book 4 right now) I know, I know I said “I DON’T DO PARANORMAL! NO WAY! NO HOW! NOT ME!….. Evidently I LOVE THIS SH!T! Or maybe I just love Dex & Perry. I don’t know & I don’t care, I just need to keep going like the fiend I am right now! Thanks Johanna I am officially addicted! My house is a mess, I’m a mess, I need to shave my legs, & my husband will probably leave me for some illiterate bombshell who hates to read! AND IT’S ALL YOUR FAULT! 4 stars. Dex is waiting for me :)

Tray: Girlfriend, book 4 blew my mind!! Can’t wait for Come Alive Sunday, so read fast :D \

Johanna: Haha, Ok.. I take full responsibility.. But Dex is soooooo worth the house being a mess, and your legs being unshaved, and your husband blowing a casket LOL… This is DEX we are talking about.. See sugarplum, I always steer you in the right direction And as Tray Davis, mentioned book 4 is my favorite… talk about pure mindf*ck which im sure you will approve of

Brenda: I was exactly the same I don’t usually read paranormal either. Ended up reading every single book in a week. Was so sleep deprived and crazy from reading them obsessively. Loved them. Best characters ever.

Jeannie: You will LOVE Lying Season!!! Then you are going to rip right into On Demon Wings…..

Claudia: I’m not a paranormal fan but when I read the first book “Dark House” and met Dex I just couldn’t stop reading..the good thing was..I read 5 books back to back..lol…GOOD TIMES!!!

Jeannie: Let us know what you think of Lying Season….

Kandace: I really wanted to like this series but I couldn’t even finish the first book

Andrea: I was also a paranormal virgin until Dex…he totally rocked my world

Missy: That’s hilarious!!! I’ve only dipped my toe into EIT. I’ve read about 9% into the first book, then moved on. I know, I know, I’ve got to push through to get to the really good stuff. One day……

Ashley: Oh Lying Season was my favorite…or maybe Into the Hollow, but maybe Come Alive will be. Hell, they’re all my favorite, lets be honest!

Toski: I still have not read these.. so tell me- If I have never read a lot of paranormal– Are they must reads?? Did you love them?

What what whaaaaat??? Toski… Toooooskiiii!!! For real? READ THIS series!!! Kandace and Missy… y’all are only hurtin’ yourselves. Keeeeeep reeeeeadinng!!! Finish book #1 (sure sure… it’s not the best one in the series, but I liked it well enough over all – you’ll see, even that book gets pretty good… especially that cool weirdish Dex ending). But it’s once you get to book 2 and onward, that your Dex-head will really start spinning. And book #3. OMG. THAT ONE. YES! And then book #4 put me in an absolute tailspin frenzy  (my FAVORITE)… #5, #6 LOVED LOVED LOVED (ohhhh YES #6 – I loved as much as #4). And now we have #7 —> Come Alive (Experiment in Terror #7).

My weekend is complete.

Please… I just gotta know. Has anyone not yet read this series? Anyone? ‘Cause I’m tellin’ y’all RIGHT NOW… These are going to rock your world. I’ve even written TWO (well many articles about EIT), but TWO main articles for those who are still doubting this series.

READ THESE PLEASE:

You’re in a reading funk? Experiment in Terror series will FIX that. You’re needing a little “genre” jolt… a little “changeup”? Romance but with a kick? Experiment in Terror will GIVE you that!!! This series has EVERYTHING we love in our books.

You want real-life characters that feel as if we know them, and “live” and breath as if they exist? Dex and Perry are those people. I mean… characters.

You want a new forever “book boyfriend”? One that will last weeks, months and even a year or more since you “met” him? DEX is HIM!!! No wait. He’s mine so… OFF!! ;) hehe.

You guys. Please. Pleeeeeease believe me. So many of my fellow readers have jumped right in with gusto and loved every minute of these books as much as I have. And quite a few of you have held off, not going crazy over the “terror” premise, or saying you’re not into paranaormal, or saying you couldn’t really get into the first book. Whatever the reason… let me tell you. As far as I know (and I get TONS of email/comments/messages about this series)… EVERYONE that has contacted me (lots!!) has exclaimed their undying love for this series and addiction to Dex.

‘Kay? Even those that doubted me. Even those that douted their interest in a “paranormal” series. And believe me, this is a different kind of paranormal. They’re ghost hunters, for a Youtube show! How cool is that?! The paranormal comes in waves, but SO much about this series is so very human.

And have I mentioned the pining? Ohhhhhh there is delicious angsty pining that leaves you wanting more. No insta-love, but enough of the “POTENTIAL romance angle” to keep you flipping the pages and your heart pumping in your chest.

Do yourself a favor, friends. Those of you looking for their next favorite series? Read this one.

Barb June 23, 2013 at 10:03 AM

I saw your blog and loved Karina Halle’s Shooting Scars series, so I downloaded Darkhouse free and I fell in love right away with Dex and Perry! The books just kept getting better with each story. I am now reading Come Alive and love that it is in the Pov of Dex!

Kirsten June 23, 2013 at 10:08 AM

The thing about this series and Karina’s writing in general is it just gets better and better. I was apprehensive about reading a paranormal book. Things that go bump in the night creep me out, but I jumped right in and have never looked back. If you have not started this series all I can say is why they hell not? The characters are intriguing and the writing is superb.

Meg June 23, 2013 at 10:26 AM

I started #1 a year ago and couldn’t get into it, but after hearing so many people were loving this series I decided to power thru. And boy oh boy it is worth it! I can’t stop reading them. I am onto #5 and they are sooooooo much fun to read-although On Demon Wings is breaking my heart a little. Tell me it will get sweet again soon Maryse. I LOVE Perry and Dex so much!!!

Maryse June 23, 2013 at 10:27 AM

Meg… #6 rocked my world, too. Soooooo good. ;)

day June 23, 2013 at 11:15 AM

I can’t believe it is here. I am so excited I don’t know what to do with myself.

Wendy June 23, 2013 at 11:56 AM

I just finished Bad Things by RK Lilley (it was sooooooo good!!!) and am looking for a new read. Based soley on your recommendation Maryse, EIT it is!!!! :-) You haven’t steered me wrong yet with your recommendations sooooo…here I go into the EIT world…

Avery June 23, 2013 at 12:18 PM

I just finished Dead Sky Morning about 5 minutes ago and I’m now hooked! This is the first paranormal I’ve ever read. Love the characters. I’m starting book 4 tonight!

Lysa Solomon June 23, 2013 at 12:58 PM

WHEN IS IT COMING TO NOOK????????????? I am dying here!!!

Isadora June 23, 2013 at 1:26 PM

I haven’t read it either, I started #1, but stopped because I got so creeped out!
I am not sure if this series is for me! LOL
If I watch any horror movies I wont sleep for a week… I am terrible haha!
Maybe I will give it a try after I read all the Slammed books!

Jennifer F. June 23, 2013 at 1:54 PM

I LOVE your blog and look forward to your reviews. I love the excitement I feel when you are excited about a book, but…….I just can’t finish the first book in this series. I’ve tried several times in the past year. I just don’t understand why it doesn’t keep my attention! I pretty much agree with all of your reviews. I guess I’ll try one more time. I pray it sucks me into the second one since I own all of them. :-/

Jennifer June 23, 2013 at 2:33 PM

I started this series but stopped after book #3 because I was scaring myself out of my ever loving mind. However, they were great books just needed a lighter read so I would stop seeing ghost myself.. I need to keep reading because I would like to see more Dex and where he takes things with Perry. Thanks for reminding me of the series.

Maryse June 23, 2013 at 2:45 PM

Jennifer… I’m sure you’ll love it!! And I mean LOVE.

I’ve heard that many a time… “Reading book #1.. not seeing the big deal” and then a bunch of us saying keeeeep reading!! And right at about book #3, same fellow reader comes back and says OMG I am HOOKED!!! And it’s all *squeeing* from there. ;)

Megan @ Reading Books Like a Boss June 23, 2013 at 2:46 PM

Come Alive is going to make you squee with delight, Maryse!! Chapter 4!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brandi Bradford June 23, 2013 at 2:51 PM

Lysa Solomon it takes forever to post on Nook because of Karina Halle uploading from Canada. Go to smashwords.com and download it. You will be able to open it on your Nook by selecting that format. Hope this helps! This is one of my favorite authors and series! I love everything she writes!

Sandy G June 23, 2013 at 3:47 PM

Yes, the first book was free and I happily downloaded it. It did take longer to start since it was so different from anything I had read before. I have to say that I am a huge fan of EIT. Every book Karin has written since has been so good and scary and funny and hilarious and douchecanoe! Twatwaffle, who comes up with this? Karin’s imagination and writing styles are bar none to compare. Love Dex and Perry and the whole crew. They all are worthy of every conversation and every laugh for me.

Kim Cheeseman June 23, 2013 at 4:14 PM

LOVED Demon Wings – that is just where everything came crashing down and really got some freak on…LOVE this series and probably wouldn’t have even tried it if it wasn’t for you MARYSE!!!
You have great taste MARYSE and Karina Halle’s writing is killer!!!

Pansy June 23, 2013 at 4:52 PM

I have never read this series but being a fan of this blog, I know Maryse is. I do not care for YA and the only YA I have ever read was the Twilight series. Is this series YA or adult? I love paranormal. It is my favorite genre.

Lysa Solomon June 23, 2013 at 4:57 PM

Thank you Brandi . . . I read the preview and I am DYING!!!!!! NEED THAT BOOK!!!!!
<3 DEX

Janet June 23, 2013 at 5:34 PM

It took me a little while to get on the EIT bandwagon, but once I did I couldn’t get enough. I told my book buddy that she HAD to read this series before BB and she devoured all 6.5 books in 2 weeks. I can’t wait to dig into book 7!! Dex….Swooooooooon!

Lise June 23, 2013 at 6:12 PM

Thank you, Maryse! I would never have read the EIT series if not for you and your blog. I read the first book over a year ago and have been a major fan girl of everything Karina has written since.

Can’t wait for Book Bash! <3 :-)

Angie June 23, 2013 at 7:36 PM

Girls!!! Are this book stemmy & romantic or just paranormal?? I kind of want to start reading them but I’m no sure, in get scared so easily

Jones June 23, 2013 at 7:41 PM

Did Karina do a shout in the book..their this character called Maryse… :) so cool!!

Nikki D June 23, 2013 at 10:12 PM

I have a nook so I downloaded the kindle app on my computer to get to this book today! I am blown away! I knew it was going to be good…come on it’s in Dex’s POV. WAIT…pause…Dex….sigh…. But….you ever just sit there and shake your head and not know what to say? I am there.

Georgia June 24, 2013 at 11:01 AM

Absolutely Amazing .. can’t wait to read this one. The series that has it ALL in spades !! Enjoy.

jaime June 24, 2013 at 11:29 AM

I downloaded the first book a year ago and didn’t even get 10% in. There is just always something that grabs me more. I’m going to do it though. I’m jumping in and finishing the first book. I don’t want to miss out anymore!

Lisa June 24, 2013 at 12:06 PM

I’m almost 50% into Come Alive and loving it. Im so glad its told from his Pov and I really like how sexy this book is. That’s always a nice surprise. I want to devour it, but i dont want it to end. Everytime i see im about half way thru, I panic its getting closer to the end, and i put it down. Lol. …If it weren’t for you I may not have tried this series, and that would have been a great loss on my part. Thanks for introducing me to Dex……err.. I mean EIT. you’re the best, Mambo Maryse!!!!!!:)

Jean June 24, 2013 at 3:15 PM

Well, say no more Maryse! I am one of those who have not really read any paranormal (not including Twilight series)…..so i just 1-clicked the first four books because I TRUST YOU THAT MUCH!! Can’t wait to start them – looking forward to something different!

julie o June 24, 2013 at 3:50 PM

Maryse, No I have not read this EIT series. For some reason, just doesn’t look that good to me, and yes, I have heard all the good stuff about Dex. Guess I am not that into paranormal. Someone come up with a good reason for me and I will try book one.

Jean June 24, 2013 at 3:53 PM

Haha Julie! You are funny…one good reason would be that book #1 is free right now on Kindle!

julie o June 24, 2013 at 5:00 PM

Jean, that is reason enough!! Thankyou

Maryse June 24, 2013 at 7:26 PM

Hehe… Mambo Maryse… ahhh yes. I did get a chuckle out of that. ;)

Colleen June 24, 2013 at 8:27 PM

I am 50% in and forced myself to take a break so that I can draw it out…. Thank you, thank you, thank you for these books, Maryse! I was one of those people who insisted that I didn’t do paranormal, but I took a chance based on your recommendation and now I am hooked. I LOVE Dex, almost as much as Kellan Kyle. ;-) These are some of my faves, for sure!

Debbie June 24, 2013 at 11:41 PM

Just started the Experiment in Terror series Sunday and I am starting book 3, totally hooked! I had passed on this when you previously recommended it because I thought it was some kind of predator/captive book or that Dex and Perry were both guys! Didn’t realize that it was paranormal with a great couple and a guy who ranks up there with Travis. Thanks so much!

kim June 25, 2013 at 6:57 AM

I read this in one day and I not only do I still love Dex I love him more!!! I wish the next book was in his point of view as well, he’s so raunchy and fun!!

Sabrina June 25, 2013 at 10:32 AM

Love EIT! I can’t get enough of Perry and Dex. They have everything, humor, terror, and Dex, who is such a complex guy. He is one of the sexiest, funniest book characters ever. And Perry is so relatable. If anyone hasn’t tried the series yet they have to. So seriously!

Demi June 25, 2013 at 6:13 PM

to:julie o et al who have not read EIT…

Forget about EIT being paranormal… Dex and Perry (…Dex) and their story is worth it! Just finished #7 OMG!!! ;)

Megan Barrett July 9, 2013 at 9:03 AM

Okay, Okay!! You have convinvcd me! Been reading this blog for about a year, and you have not steered me wrong yet. But after this, I think I HAVE to read Surviving Raine… Thanks for always giving me great new books to read :)

GingerKid August 5, 2013 at 5:49 PM

I picked up the EIT series and was instantly hooked … well just say i neglected a few things and was literally obsessed DEX and Perry .. I devoured them all.. im still going to go back and reread in the hollows and Come Alive… first off i just need to vent Come Alive literally made me freaking cry… ive been right there with Dex and Perry from the lighthouse and ive been rooting for them ever since… stupid Jenn and Maximus… please please dear god Karina give Dex and Perry a HEA and a tons of healthy babies.. my life will not be complete under Dex N Perry get there HEA… this series I will NEVER forget and I will push on every single person I know … Seriously READ this series all of it get the FULL Dex Perry treatment… <3 <3