P.S. THIS ONE JUST WENT LIVE TODAY, TOO (Interim by S. Walden) AND OMG THAT BLURB!!!! —-(my mom just said… “Oh. My. God.” My thoughts exactly.——>
Just in time, ’cause I finished my latest read last night and I’m ready for another. I ended up choosing The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah from last week’s list due to the amazing reviews it was getting. Pricey (ouch!!) but so beautifully written and pretty fantastic overall, although extremely painful to read. I loved it though. Totally not my “norm” as it was a historical (in the 1940′s when the Nazis invaded France), but I LOVED The Bronze Horseman, and this had a similar feel. Just right! I’m writing my review later today…
But alas, I need to move on, and so maybe… I might choose one from THIS list here. Like maybe The Virgin Romance Novelist (I wanna laugh SO hard after the last book I read that made me cry…) or, Elements of Chemistry (jerk-face bully PLUS I’m gonna laugh + book hangover? YES PLEASE!!!), or The Story of Son (yep… I haven’t read it yet, can you believe it!??? And I have a feeling this will have an “old-school BDB feel…), or The Mad Tatter (’cause he’s the bad boy, she’s the good girl, but sounds like he’s gonna be ruthless in his heartbreaking with the whole… “I don’t do “messy”)… yep. Decisions, decisions…
Or maybe I’ll backtrack through my TBR and see what I’ve forgotten that I so desperately want to read. Anyone wanna remind me? Anyone?
Also… don’t forget to check out yesterday’s —> 8 NEW Early Bird Book Releases! Like I’m still VERY curious about “Only Trick” (he’s gay, but goes crazy for her!!). Quite a few awesome looking ones there, too.
AND a reminder: for those accessing my blog via their mobile device (phone or tablet) you’ll notice the look of it has changed (for now, that’s the “mobile compatible” version and I’m hoping we can get it close to the usual “look” while still keeping it “mobile friendly”). On a desktop computer/laptop the look of the blog is the usual one.
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
AUDIOBOOK RELEASES PLUS check out the free audible trial + 2 free ebooks deal ————->
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- Beautiful Secret by Christina Lauren
- The Liar by Nora Roberts
- Knight by Kristen Ashley <— !!!!
- Raid by Kristen Ashley <— !!!!
- Deacon by Kristen Ashley <— !!!!
- Creed by Kristen Ashley <— !!!!
- Unexpected Fate: Hope Town, Book 1 by Harper Sloan
- Every Fifteen Minutes by Lisa Scottoline <— WHOA this one sounds awesome!!! Thriller… OCD, SOCIOPATH and all sorts of twisty-turny gasp-worthy things!
- Seduced by Sunday: Weekday Brides, Book 6 by Catherine Bybee
- A Forever Christmas: A Black Family Holiday Story by Sandi Lynn
- Asa: A Marked Men Novel by Jay Crownover <— NEXT week….
BARGAINS & READER RECOMMENDATIONS:
- The Virgin Romance Novelist by Meghan Quinn <— *GIGGLE* ALERT!!! Kelly LOVES IT saying: “Reading The Virgin Romance Novelist by Meghan Quinn and I can’t stop laughing. Seriously. Every scene is amusing and the writing is so on.” Oh Yes… this blurb already has me laughing… ”God, I have no idea what happens when private parts touch. I’m a virgin trying to write a romance novel and can’t seem to write past a sex scene thanks to my lack of experience.“ Thank you Kelly!!! I love to laugh!
- The Nines by Dakota Madison <— Stephanie found us this one at a rock-bottom price today! She says: “Maryse, This Romantic Suspense Thriller Grabbed My Attention! Plus, every book in the series can be read as a standalone! Each book will feature a different character!“
- The Last Anniversary by Liane Moriarty <— Diane recommends it! “I’m reading Last Anniversary by her and LOVING it…“
- Happiness for Beginners: A Novel by Katherine Center <— Claudia HIGHLY recommends it!! “I read an advanced copy and felt in love with this author, I bought all her books, her last one will be published this month and I loved it!!!!” and Claudia and I usually love the exact same books… very similar tastes! “A year after getting divorced, Helen Carpenter, thirty-two, lets her annoying, ten years younger brother talk her into signing up for a wilderness survival course. It’s supposed to be a chance for her to pull herself together again, but when she discovers that her brother’s even-more-annoying best friend is also coming on the trip, she can’t imagine how it will be anything other than a disaster…“
- Elements of Chemistry: ATTRACTION (Hypothesis Series Book 1) by Penny Reid <— JERK FACE BULLY ALERT! Aimee is happy! Well… sorta. She says: “Didn’t realise it was a cliff hanger but I literally screamed Nooooooooooooo, when I read the last page on ‘Elements of Chemistry’ by Penny Reid. Best book I’ve read in ages. 5/5!!! Can’t wait for next part, major book hangover… ” and Carol Ann agrees: “Carol Ann: I read it too, and now I’m in a book depression It was going along so well, lots of smiles and laughs on my end…and then **poof** it’s over?? I’ve spent the entire day looking for something to be as good. <sigh>” And what’s GREAT is that the next 2 books are coming out VERY soon!! (series reading order)
- Easy Virtue by Mia ASHER <— BAD GIRL ALERT!! Jo loved it “Maryse I just finished reading Easy Virtue by Mia Asher, I realised towards the end that is part 1. And now I have to hang out till May!!! Loved it, team Ronan all the way.”
- The Shadows (Black Dagger Brotherhood, Book 13) by J.R. Ward <— BIG SALE on this one today!!!
- George R. R. Martin’s A Game of Thrones 5-Book Boxed Set (Song of Ice and Fire Series): A Game of Thrones, A Clash of Kings, A Storm of Swords, A Feast for Crows, and A Dance with Dragons <—GAME OF THRONES ALERT!! ALL FIVE NOVELS BUNDLED AT A BARGAIN PRICE!!!!!
- Midnight Crossroad (A Novel of Midnight, Texas Book 1) by Charlaine Harris <— This one’s been recommended a few times…
Sara: I just finished Midnight Crossing by Charlaine Harris! I loved it and I can’t wait for the next book in the series!
Amy: Is it really good? I am gun shy after how she ended the Sookie series. I had really invested emotionally myself into the series…they way she ended it just was a afterthought and thrown together.
Sara: I really loved it. It did take a little bit to get into at first, but once it got going, it was hard to put down . The characters are very interesting.
- The Story of Son: A Dark Vampire Romance by J.R. Ward <—- J.R. WARD ALERT!!! Eeeeeep! I LOVE THIS AUTHOR! “Held captive by a dark, seductive vampire with an unworldly hunger, the beautiful Claire Stroughton fears her life as a lawyer has irrevocably taken a turn for the worse..“
- MAXIM (Galactic Cage Fighter Series Book 8) by KD Jones
- Fierce Enchantment (Dante’s Circle Book 5) by Carrie Ann Ryan
- His Perfect Wolf (Mystic Wolves Book 2) by Elle Boon
- Flame of the Phoenix (Hades’ Carnival Book 6) by N.J. Walters
- Craving Cameo: The Pullman Shifters (ROAR) by TL Reeve
- Seizing Scorpio (Zodiac Series Book 2) by Heather Calaway
- Reading His Mind by Melissa Shirley
- The Dark Places by D. Martin
- Interim by S. Walden <— AMY JUST TOLD ME THIS ONE WENT LIVE ALERT!!!!! BULLY REVENGE ALERT!!! EEEEP!! “High school seniors Jeremy Stahl and Regan Walters aren’t friends. Not even close. He’s a picked-on, picked-apart loser outcast. She’s a cool kid running with the popular crowd. It’s unlikely they’d ever speak to one another. Too bad he’s madly in love with her. But what does it matter, anyway? He’s got no time for love. Only revenge.” And Amy says: “Interim by S. Walden came out today too, and we all know how good her books can be at not shying away from the tough stuff. ” <— RIGHT there with you Amy!!!!
- Chasing Thunder by Ginger Voight <— FEMALE BIKER VIGILANTE BOOK JUST RELEASED TOO!!!
- Beautiful Secret (The Beautiful Series) by Christina Lauren <— SHE’S IN CRUSH WITH HER BOSS!! And they take a business trip together… “Despite her ongoing crush, Ruby is certain Niall barely knows she’s alive…until their flirty overnight flight makes him sit up and take notice…” Marion says: “Just dropped EVERYTHING to start Christina Laurens Beautiful Secret……she’s never let me down with her writing!”
- The Mad Tatter by J.M. Darhower <— SOUNDS LIKE ROMANCE-ANGST! “The tattooed degenerate with a shady past. The beautiful ballerina with a bright future. They live in different worlds, yet somehow, they fit. But just because they fit doesn’t mean they belong together. Cracks sometimes form. Two pieces don’t always make a whole. The course of love never did run smoothly. Things get messy. And Reece doesn’t do messy. Not anymore.” Michelle recommends it! “Currently reading this and it’s good!”
- Master of Freedom: A Mountain Masters Novella (1001 Dark Nights) by Cherise Sinclair
- Until July: ( Until Her ) by Aurora Rose Reynolds <— BAD BOY BIKER (and she has an overprotective father…) and Natasha recommends it! “Until July was amazing. Love love love“
- Safe at Last: A Slow Burn Novel (Slow Burn Novels) by Maya Banks
- Say My Name: A Stark Novel by J. Kenner
- Hard to Be Good: A Hard Ink Novella by Laura Kaye <— M/M ROMANCE!!
- Taken: An Under the Skin Novel by Charlotte Stein <— SHE PRANKED HIM ALERT!! But then… “…now the deed is done, and I have to face the consequences. He says he just wants to hold me here until the police come, but it’s been hours and I’m still here. Chained to a pipe in his back room like a prisoner…”
- Their Virgin Mistress, Masters of Ménage, Book 7 by Shayla Black <— SHE’S IN LOVE WITH HER BOSS…ES. <— “Tori Glen loves her new job as an image consultant for Thurston-Hughes Inc. The trouble is, she’s also in love with the three brothers who own it, Oliver, Rory, and Callum…“
- Captive Films 2.3 by Jillian Dodd
- Seduced by Sunday (Weekday Brides Series Book 6) by Catherine Bybee
- Virtuous (Quantum Trilogy Book 1) by M.S. Force <— MOVIE STAR ALERT!! “Only after Fluff bites and draws blood from the man who accidentally knocked Natalie down does she realize Fluff has bitten the biggest movie star in the world…“
- Dare to Hold (Dare to Love Book 6) by Carly Phillips <— “While protecting Meg from her violent ex and becoming part of her increasingly complicated life, he’s falling hard and he can’t seem to find distance…”
- Only for Us by Cristin Harber
- Dropping Gloves (Portland Storm Book 10) by Catherine Gayle
- Love So Irresistible (The Lawson Brothers Book 3) by Marquita Valentine <— GRUMPY EX NAVY SEAL NEIGHBOR ALERT! “…once she’s chewed up and spit out by her sexy neighbor, Skylar begins to question her decision to move to a new town. Until, that is, she learns he’s suffering from a war wound and refuses to have anything to do with his family…“
- Touch of Amber (Hot Rods) by Jayne Rylon
- Ropes and Revenge (Lonesome Point Texas Book 6) by Jessie Evans
- Unpredictable (The Key West Series Book 1) by C.A. Harms
- The Liar by Nora Roberts <— NORA ROBERTS ALERT! ”The man she loved wasn’t just dead. He never really existed… …Shelby takes her three-year-old daughter and heads south to seek comfort in her hometown, where she meets someone new: Griff Lott, a successful contractor. But her husband had secrets she has yet to discover.”
- Baked Fresh (Portland Heat) by Annabeth Albert
- The Light at the End of the Road by Ginny Baird <— INTRIGUING BLURB ALERT!! “When her car hits black ice and skids into a ditch, Sam fears for her survival. Then a stranger appears on the scene to offer her a hand. Only, after a while, Sam starts to fear this handsome mystery man is leading her in the wrong direction…”
- The Last Hero (Fords of Nashville): Book 2 by Hildie McQueen
- A Taste of Sauvignon (The Napa Wine Heiresses Book 3) by Heather Heyford
- Four Letters: The Lust List: Devon Stone by Mira Bailee
- Indecent Pawn: What price is too high to pay for another person’s debt? by K. Harris
- Second Chances (A Nugget Romance Book 3) by Stacy Finz
- Two Week Turnaround by Geneva Lee
- Lessons in SECRET (Corrigan & Co. Book 4) by Crystal Perkins
- The Inn at Ocean’s Edge (A Sunset Cove Novel Book 1) by Colleen Coble
- The Saint’s Wife by Lauren Gallagher <— MISTREATED ALERT!! “Chris McQuaid is dying, and David Lamont will move mountains to fulfill his best friend’s last request—to have his estranged wife by his side until the end. A more spiteful, spoiled, callous woman never lived, but David agrees to talk her into it. Joanna McQuaid reached her breaking point a long time ago, but she couldn’t break things off permanently. Oppressive, manipulative and toxic as Chris is, she can’t divorce him without becoming a pariah for abandoning the pillar of the community in his final days…”
- Cupcakes and Crushes by Keri Ford
- Committed Passion (Wyatt Brothers Book 4) by Bonnie Dee <— SERIES FINALE!! (series reading order)
- Hard Ride #2: A Novel in Three Parts (Ready to Ride) by Opal Carew
- True Love Way by Mary Elizabeth <— NEW GIRL IN SCHOOL & THEY BECOME BEST FRIENDS!! “But when friend turns to lover, and lover turns to caretaker, how much can either of them tolerate before they’re swallowed whole?”
- Rescued By the Rancher (Entangled Bliss) (Tall Pines Ranch) by Victoria James
- Come Again: Sex Toy Erotica by Rachel Kramer Bussel
- Get To Me (Men of Honor Book 2) by Lara Van Hulzen
- Blurred Lines by M. Lynne Cunning
- The Shameless Hour (The Ivy Years Book 4) by Sarina Bowen <— SHE MANAGES A HOCKEY TEAM! But “…she can’t understand why her smoking hot downstairs neighbor has so much trouble staying friends after their spontaneous night together…“
- Second Chances by Emma Leigh Reed
- Unconditional Devotion (Peacock Terrace Apartments Book 1) by Kayleigh Malcolm
- Men Like This (The Long Shot Romance) by Roxanne Smith
- Forbidden Pleasure: Part 1 (Bound Hearts) by Lora Leigh <— HE WANTS TO SHARE HER….
- Crushed: A Redemption Novel by Lauren Layne
- Ready to Love Again (The Sweet Romance Series Book 2) by Keren Hughes
- HITCHED (CRUSHED Book 2) by Dawn Rae Miller <— AT A WEDDING WITH THE GUY THAT BROKE HER HEART…
- In His Corner by Vina Arno
- Wild With You: Book Four: Independence Falls by Sara Jane Stone
- Because of You (Silver Creek Book 2) by Dianne Venetta
- Dangerous Love by Kara Leigh Miller
- Just for Appearances (Entangled Bliss) (Lake Bliss) by Jenna Rutland
- Monica’s Match (Perry Grove Book 1) by Katya Armock
- Sinful Rewards 10: A Billionaires and Bikers Novella by Cynthia Sax
- Third Debt (Indebted Book 4) by Pepper Winters - expected release date April 16th 2015
- Promise Me Once by Paige Weaver - expected release date April 19th 2015
- Instigation (Clandestine Affairs, Book 1) by Tessa Teevan - expected release date April 20th 2015
- A View From Forever (Thompson Sisters Book 3) by Charles Sheehan-Miles – expected release date April 20th 2015
- Asa: A Marked Men Novel by Jay Crownover – expected release date April 21st 2015
- There You Stand: Between Breaths by Christina Lee – expected release date April 21st 2015
- Do Not Disturb (A Deanna Madden Novel) by A.R. Torre - expected release date April 21st 2015
- Aflame: A Fall Away Novella (The Fall Away Series) by Penelope Douglas - expected release date April 21st 2015
- Wicked White by Michelle A Valentine - April 24th 2015
- Sweet (Contours of the Heart) by Tamara Webber – April 27th 2015
- While We Waited (Reed Brothers) by Tammy Falkner - April 27th 2015
- Overruled (The Legal Briefs Series) by Emma Chase - expected release date April 28th 2015
- Broken Juliet (Bad Romeo) by Leisa Rayven - expected release date April 28th 2015
- Black Iris by Leah Raeder - expected release date April 28th 2015
- Elements of Chemistry: HEAT (Hypothesis Series Book 2) by Penny Reid <— April 30th 2015
- My Time in the Affair by Stylo Fantome <— Many of us are buddy reading this one on May 2nd 2015!!!
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).