<— *squeeee* I’m starting tonight. I love this author’s unconventional love stories.
Maryse’s Book Blog: YAY meeeee!!! It’s out! Cara McKenna’s latest entitled “Hard Time”. I love her unusual and twisty love stories! He’s a prisoner (and she works in the prison’s library)…
Lori: I’m so excited about this!! Already on my kindle!
Sandra: Ohhhh this sounds like our kind of read
Maryse’s Book Blog: Yep Sandra and Lori!!! That’s going to be the one I start tonight (probably later evening)… totally up our alley. She’s unconventional and I love her for it. AND STEAMY!!
Kentrina: Yay!!! I just bought mine this morning!!!
Ann: Started it this morning and cannot put it down!!!!
Maryse’s Book Blog: YAY Ann!! This makes me so happy to hear!
Lori: oh I’m hearing good good things!! yay
And after this one…? It could be anything! Like those from my main TBR lists that are still calling me hard (’cause they are tried and true and I already know, full of awesomeness)! Or these that are tempting me below: Crazy Good <— yep… this one is feeling like my “next” after my “next”. BIG TIME! And Jahleel (which made it on my list last week on the synopsis alone, but even more so after the feedback I’ve been getting), Her Best Laid Plans (love with a bartender in Ireland!!) and Vision of Love (may have a “forbidden” aspect to it, ’cause he’s looking for a nanny for his 4 year old, and I think she’s still living with her nightmarish parents…) and maybe this one The Accidental Socialite (sounds quirky and funny!)
But in the meantime, here’s the whole batch, and there are a bunch of ‘em that sound right up our alley! I noted ‘em. Oh!! And don’t forget to check out the pre-orders. There’s one (Love, in English) from another of my FAV authors (Karina Halle) coming out on Sunday and I’m hearing it’s angsty. Can’t wait! <— Oh yah, consider that one a “what I’m reading next… soon”. LOL!
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
BARGAINS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).
- Crazy Good by Rachel Robinson <— this one has come highly recommended over the last few days! “Windsor Forbes only takes calculated risks in her profession and in her personal life. After being left at the altar by the only person she’s ever loved, the very last thing she’s looking for is a relationship—especially the insane brand an arrogant Navy SEAL is offering.” <— ooooooooooh right up my alley!!!!! Jessica says: “I found another SEAL book to put on your list Maryse. I have a feeling this is going to keep me up all night. Can’t stop reading:)” And Suzanne says: “Just read Crazy Good, definitely worth trying, have the kleenex ready!” Yep. I’m going to read it ASAP! *squee!!!*
- Damaged (Outlaws) by Nina D’Angelo <— Aimee found us this bargain! I think he’s in an MC… “A sexy, tattooed womanizer, Dominic Delaney’s everything Stephanie wants to avoid. She knows she should stay the hell away from him, but he makes her want to stop running.”
- Shredded: An Extreme Risk Novel by Tracy Wolff <— Aimee found us this deal, too and it’s got lots of good reviews! He’s a bad boy snowboarder, and she’s trying to heal from a drag-racing accident that killed her boyfriend…
- The Forever Trilogy: Forever Black, Forever You, Forever Us by Sandi Lynn <— the trilogy bundled! (Thanks Kat!) and Paulette says: “it was really good”
- Finding Infinity (Infinity Series) by Layne Harper <— Stephanie found us this one on sale and Maria recommends the series (but is checking to see if there is another book still coming out) “I loved this series Stephanie …..I’m gonna have to check out book 3 and see how it left off… I might be wrong…you should definitely read this though…and the price is great!!!”
- Jahleel (Love All Wrong) by S. Ann Cole <— This one caught my eye last week in the new releases (and is on my TBR list), and the feedback is starting to role in (and it’s goooood!!)
Kelly: Read Jahleel and really, really liked it. Did anyone else read it yet?
Janet: Yes, just finished I Choose You–it was Krissy’s story and was on the same time line as Jahleel. Both really good.
Laura: Maryse just finished jahleel!! I loved it! It’s sort of a mix feeling of beautiful disaster and the opportunist/dirty red. Although the author gives the warning about the crazy obsession it’s not as crazy as opportunist/dirty red but still up there but I loved it!!! Put it on the tbr!! <— side note from Maryse: *squeeeee* she said some magic book words!!! Or titles.
- I Choose You (The Billionaire Brothers Series) by S. Ann Cole <— okay this is the one someone was referring to last week as the “background story” to Jahleel, and that Janet mentions, above. YAY!!! I’ll be reading this, too.
- The Other C-Word (In Other Words) by MK Schiller <— (thanks Aimee!!) Lots of good reviews and sounds like fun! “Marley Mason is dreading the arrival of the new business consultant. After all, this man will most likely outsource her job to China. The last thing she would expect is a case of mistaken identity, leading to false accusations of kidnapping when she attempts to pick up the wrong man at the airport, or worse…that she would have such a visceral reaction to the right man.”
- Edge of the Heat by Lisa Ladew <— Aimee found us this one and Janet says “this was good!!” ”Tall, strong, handsome Craig Masterson with dimples to die for is in town investigating murder and corruption at the highest levels. Only after he falls for Emma does he find out she used to be married to the dirtiest cop on the force. She’s not dirty, he’s sure of that, but after she rejects him twice he thinks he’s done with her.“
- A Lush Betrayal (Lush No. 1) by Selena Laurence <— ROCK STAR ALERT!! Stephanie found us this deal, and it looks good, too! “Mel DiLorenzo has it all. She’s been hired to document the world tour of her sister’s fiance’s rock band. She’s gorgeous, talented, loved…and sick of being the little sister. When she agrees to the summer job, Mel has no idea she’s walking into a minefield of friendships lost and hearts destroyed. She also has no idea what it means to be the object of Joss Jamison’s affections.”
- Love’s Suicide: Love’s Suicide by Jenn Foor <— and Kandace found us this one and Michelle says: “It is such a great book…you must read this!!!”
- Leverage (The Brannock Siblings) by Jessica Wilde <– Hey this one looks good!! She’s crushed on him forever and he’s her brothers’ friend. Now that they’re adults… “Detective Lucas Shade never had a real family, but the Brannocks took him in as one of their own and he never took it for granted. Ash was a big reason for why he stuck around, but in order to save himself the beating of a lifetime from her two older brothers, he kept his feelings for her hidden. When the case he has been working on for months takes a turn, Ash could become the leverage the bad guys have been waiting for, but keeping her invisible may destroy everything Lucas has worked so hard for. Good thing Ash is the only person he would give up everything to protect.”
- 3013: CLAIMED (3013: The Series) by Laurie Roma
- Burned (Keeper of the Flame 1) by Ivy Simone
- Wolf at the Door (Salvation Pack) by N.J. Walters <— a writer realizes werewolves are real… “Gwen’s first instinct to flee only gets her a smashed car and a concussion. She wakes up in a dangerous new world she never thought existed—and in the arms of the one man who stands between her and certain death.”
- The Kraken King Part I: The Kraken King and the Scribbling Spinster (A Novel of the Iron Seas) by Meljean Brooke
- Forbidden: The Soulkeepers by Lori Adams
- Darkest Flame: Part 2 (Dark Kings) by Donna Grant
- Hard Time by Cara McKenna by Cara McKenna <— one of my absolute FAV authors. Kentrina brought it back to my attention when she asked: “Maryse I’m looking for a book but I can’t remember the title. I think it was on your blog a few weeks ago, about a prisoner and I believe the prison librarian start having an affair and stuff gets real after he unexpectedly gets paroled. Any help would be appreciated.” And Lori and Kandace were quick to answer. I CAN’T WAIT FOR THIS!!
- Her Best Laid Plans by Cara McKenna <— ANOTHER one from this same author. *squeeeee* Short and sweet and from the blurb, it sounds more “traditional” but up our alley, too! After a bad breakup, she’s goes on a vacation in Ireland: “…you see him—a man with the looks and charm to soothe any heartbroken girl. He’s your bartender. Your really, really gorgeous bartender.“
- Finding My Way (The Beaumont Series) by Heidi McLaughlin
- Bo & Ember (November Blue) by Andrea Randall
- Lawful Wife (Eternal Bachelors Club #3) by Tina Folsom
- Fighting to Forget (The Fighting Series) by J.B. Salsbury <— FIGHTER ALERT! (here’s the Fighting Series Reading Order)
- Nova and Quinton: No Regrets by Jessica Sorensen
- Rebecca’s Lost Journals by Lisa Renee Jones
- Purple Magic by Lisa Renee Jones
- Guarding His Heart (Deuces Wild) by Cari Quinn (book #2)
- Hold Me in Contempt: A Romance by Wendy Williams
- Far Gone by Laura Griffin <— mystery romance
- Vision of Love (Infinity) by S. Moose <— sounds a bit “risqué/forbidden”. She’s from an affluent family (but living a nightmare with her parents) and he’s a divorced man looking for a nanny for his 4 year old…
- Once Upon a Billionaire (Billionaire Boys Club Novel) by Jessica Clare
- Naughty Bits Part I: The Lingerie Shop by Joey W. Hill
- For Love or Money by Tara Brown“When Lana Weber learns the truth about a certain campus celebrity, she does what any girl in her position would. She uses it to get everything she wants. But sometimes the thing you want and the thing you need, are very different from the thing you get.”
- Blame it on the Bass (Heart of Fame) by Lexxie Couper <— ROCK STAR ALERT! (Here is the Heart of Fame Series Reading Order)
- A Wanted Woman by Eric Jerome Dickey
- Wicked Play Box Set 1: Bonds of Trust\Bonds of Need\Bonds of Desire by Lynda Aicher
- Wilderness Passion by Lindsey McKenna
- Their Virgin Secretary, Masters of Ménage, Book 6 by Shayla Black <— “Tate Baxter, Eric Cohen, and Kellan Kent are partners for one of the most respected law practices in Chicago. But these three masters of the courtroom also share a partnership in the bedroom, fulfilling the darkest needs of their female submissives night after night. Everything was fine—until they hired Annabelle Wright as their administrative assistant.” Er… I’m thinking this actually gets “choose ME” angsty. *waggles eyebrows*
- Random Acts of Fantasy (Random Series #3, Invitation to Eden) by Julia Kent <— ROCK STAR ALERT!!! “Boring old average me got everything I wanted already, moving from small-town Ohio to big-city Boston to follow my heart. So when the fancy invitation offering me a pile of money to come with the band, Random Acts of Crazy, to perform on an island resort and be their manager arrived, I thought it was a cosmic joke. Enough money to help my mama get what she needed, five days in sunny paradise, and a shot at greatness for the band? Unreal. One big shoe was waiting to drop. On my head.“
- A Numbers Game: An Out of Bounds Novella by Tracy Solheim – FOOTBALL STAR ALERT! “Back in college she fell hard for a football player, only to be devastated when she discovered he’d been duping her all along—dared by his teammates to score with his bookish tutor…“
- Once Upon a Billionaire (Billionaire Boys Club Novel) by Jessica Clare
- One Night in Paradise by Maisey Yates – Hehe. It’s fun when they “pretend” to be a couple. “Clara Davis knew the moment ‘yes’ slipped from her lips she was in way over her head! Just how is she supposed to pretend to be her boss’s fiancée on his luxury honeymoon?”
- Nailed by Christine D’Abo
- Nashville Dreams by Rachel Hauck <— COUNTRY STAR! But she’s got stage fright… (these appear to be from this publisher’s “Christian books” line).
- Nashville Sweetheart by Rachel Hauck
- Exposed: An Anthology by Brooke Cumberland, Mia Sheridan, J.S. Cooper, Harper Sloan, Erika Ashby, Kimberly Lauren, M.J. Carnal, Kasey Millstead, Adriane Leigh, J.L. Berg <— An ANTHOLOGY of stories by a bunch of our favorite authors!! “Note: This anthology is only available for a very limited time! Each book is either a first in a series or read as a stand alone.”
- Me and Mrs. Jones: A Loveswept Classic Romance by Linda Cajio <— not sure if this is a re-release (ex husband and wife that are still attracted to each other…)
- What If by Bayli Lane <— Sounds good! “For some people falling in love was a happy, glowing experience. For Briar Kelly and Arrow Donovan it was more like getting hit by a freight train. Caring for one another was never an easy feat. They constantly fought to hold their feelings inside, not wanting to jeopardize their friendship. Then, Arrow left for the Marines, and everything changed. Briar was shattered. Arrow was hurt.“
- A Fiery Baptism by Lynne Graham
- The Devil and the Deep Blue Sea by Karen Leabo <— The special agent kidnaps her! “Marissa knew that spending the weekend on her brother’s yacht was a bad idea. First Marissa discovers that she’s prone to seasickness. Then she’s taken hostage by a man who claims that Jimmy is in cahoots with the mob. Marissa should be terrified, but something about the tender, uncompromising agent steadies her nerves. As Clint fights to keep his mission (and himself) alive, Marissa learns that nothing is what it seems—and realizes that her abductor is slowly but surely capturing her heart.“
- Don’t Tell Penny by Anna Bell <— prequel to the book below (that sounds SO good). Except this one is showing as being only 22 pages and the same price as the full length book below, so I’m not sure if they have the page count wrong?
- Don’t Tell the Groom by Anna Bell <— “Penny wants an unforgettable wedding, perfect down to the last detail, so when her fiancé Mark finally pops the question, it’s the best moment of her life. Until Penny checks her wedding fund and is horrified to discover that she’s lost $10,000 of wedding savings playing online gambling—Operation “Don’t Tell the Groom” rolls into action.“
- The Billionaire Biker: A Billionaire’s Club Story (The Billionaire’s Club: New York) by Jackie Ashenden
- Forbidden Fruit: Vol 2 by Kasey Millstead, Adriane Leigh, Lisa Edward, Vicki Green, Roxy Queen, Liv Morris, Nikki Worrell, Jessica Ingro <— Anthology of Forbidden Love Novellas!
- Toxic Girl by Chantal Fernando <— gorgeous cover and intriguing blurb!! I wonder what her secret is? “Everyone has secrets. Finally, I had a fresh start. I knew no one. I could be anyone, or so I thought. I wanted to be invisible, to blend into the background. But it turned out keeping my secret wasn’t as easy as I thought it would be. Enter Grayson Mills. When Grayson noticed me, so did everyone else. He wanted me. Bad. And what Grayson wanted, he usually got.”
- Something More by Jenna Tyler
- The Accidental Socialite by Stephanie Wahlstrom <— this one looks like fun! She moves to England, and meets a nice guy that she really likes… “But before their romance has time to blossom, Paige trips and falls into the arms of a mysterious man on a drunken night out. She’s snapped by paparazzi, and newspaper headlines the next day suggest that she’s having an affair with a married footballer.” I like it already!
- Night After Night (Seductive Nights) by Lauren Blakely <– releasing tomorrow and is on “pre-order” sale right now.
- Love, in English by Karina Halle <— *squeeeee* I love this author and this is her first contemporary romance and I am hearing ANGST!!! expected release April 20th 2014
- East of Ecstasy (Hearts of the Anemoi) by Laura Kaye – expected release April 22nd 2014
- Needing Me, Wanting You: A New Adult Biker Erotic Romance (‘Triple M’ MC Series) by C.M. Stunich – expected release date April 25th 2014
- Nowhere But Here: A Novel by Renee Carlino – expected release date May 5th 2014
- Wreck Me (Nova) by Jessica Sorensen - expected release date October 22nd 2014
- Seth & Greyson (The Coincidence) by Jessica Sorensen – expected release date April 3rd 2015