Latest Paranormal & Contemporary Romance Book Releases – April 23rd 2013

by Maryse on April 23, 2013 · 26 comments

<— Whelp! It happened again. As I was working through my latest TBR list (the Friday one. I was already three books in and making good progress!!)… it shifted. ‘Cause of this one. Y’all know I’m a huge “Rush” (Too Far) fan, and now I gotta read about Woods. Some have even said this one is Abbi’s best yet. GAH!!! I can’t wait!! In the meantime, here are all of the other the latest releases, plus a few super-bargains found by our fellow readers!

• The Perpetual Quest for the Perfect Life by Michelle Pace & Tammy Coons
  • Last Summer by Theresa Weir <— I read this one! Pretty good. Bad boy actor returning to his home town and a ticked-off woman from his past not wanting to deal with him.
  • The Final Piece by Maggi Myers <— I read this one, too! amazing writing, sweet but at times dark story (difficult subject matter)

LaurenB April 23, 2013 at 11:27 AM

I was waiting for this list so I could say that Twisted Perfection is awesome! I saw that it came out at like 11pm on Sunday night and ended up staying up until almost 4 in the morning to finish it.

I think you might love Woods more than Rush. I think he might be my favorite Abbi Glines character, even over Cage from her Sea Breeze series. And I know some people thought fallen too far was too similar to her other books, but I think this one is very different (of course, still with that Abbi Glines feel). I just loved it. I’m looking forward to your review and of course I already can’t wait for Simple Perfection, part 2 of their story!

jacque April 23, 2013 at 11:48 AM

Wow so many good books so little time. I hear twisted perfection has somewhat of a cliff hanger ending? Wondering if I should waiting April 23, 2013 at 12:21 PM

Omg what a great book by Abbi Glines.

Loved it.

Can’t wait for the next one. April 23, 2013 at 12:22 PM

Sorry wrong link lol

Lisa April 23, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Just bought Twisted Perfection and then found out it has a cliffhanger……bummer. :( Now I’m stuck trying to decide if I should wait for the second book to be relased first before I read it. Not sure if my heart can handle anymore of Abbi’s cliffhanger s. Her books are awesome , but her cliffhangers are brutal.

Brooke April 23, 2013 at 1:37 PM

My TBR list is getting SO long!

Maryse April 23, 2013 at 3:00 PM

Supposedly the cliffhanger is NOT about Woods, so I think we get the full story in this book. Cliffhanger is a surprise for something else?

melissa breit (@LissaB99) April 23, 2013 at 3:00 PM

Don’t know if you read Shark Bait but the second book The Other Fish in the Sea by Jenn Cooksey came out too.

Linh April 23, 2013 at 3:10 PM

Can’t wait to dive into CRUSH!!!! Thanks Maryse!

Aarjullor April 23, 2013 at 3:19 PM

I just finished Strings by Kendall Grey and loved every second of it. Raunchy and hilarious!!!

Lisa April 23, 2013 at 3:34 PM

That’s great news Maryse! I was afraid to look too closely at Twisted Perfection’s reviews due to spoilers. I’ve unintentionally read some spoilers lately and it was pretty annoying. So thanks a bunch…..gonna start it tonight.

Kerri April 23, 2013 at 3:39 PM

I agree Lisa, I am staying away from cliffhangers and two part stories for awhile. There are so many out there lately. I love Abbi’s writing and it bums me out to have to wait but I am waiting for the whole book. The honest truth is I read sooo many books that by the time the second part of a book comes out I literally have to remind myself of the characters and which story is what before I read it. If it was not for you Maryse I think half the time I would lose track of all the sequels and when they are coming out, so thank you for that! :)

Maryse April 23, 2013 at 3:51 PM

Just added two more to the list up there. A new biker book, and a cute looking one by by Jenn Cooksey that I’m in the mood for.

LaurenB April 23, 2013 at 3:53 PM

I didn’t realize there would be a cliffhanger when I started it but I will say that the cliffhanger is nothing like the one we experienced with Fallen Too Far, or the one I can’t stand waiting for the sequel to, Collide. Also, I am wondering whether we will see any of Woods and Della in Forever too far, which I believe comes out at the end of the summer. So the bottom line is I would not recommend waiting because I think you will still love it.

LaurenB April 23, 2013 at 4:08 PM

PS. Are the release me/claim me books worth the price? I was hoping the first one would go on sale when the second one came out but I see no such luck there.

Traci B. April 23, 2013 at 5:54 PM

Just got done twisted perfection.. I agree woods is almost my favorite Abbi Glines character, but no one has beat out Beau Vincent yet for me..the cliffhanger is kinda about woods..but it’s not one that left me going I hate cliffhangers… if that makes sense. Loved this book.

Sharon April 23, 2013 at 6:45 PM

I’m 67% into Twisted Perfection and by far, my favorite Abbi Glines book!!!!

LucyLou April 23, 2013 at 6:45 PM

Great list Maryse, I read “Twisted Perfection” and LOVED IT!!! The cliffhanger isn’t too bad, it just promises us more Woods and he is awesome.

Ashley April 23, 2013 at 11:19 PM

Lauren B, I really liked Release me, I’m hoping Claim me doesn’t disappoint!

day April 23, 2013 at 11:42 PM

i just finished last summer & i loved it. such a great book & a amazing love story. no cheating, little angst, HEA & it is a standalone. highly recommended.

Jaime April 24, 2013 at 10:35 AM

I just finished Twisted Perfection and I”m so in love! This is what i love about books. I get to fall in love over and over again. Woods is right up there with my all time favourites. Like others have said, the cliffhanger is not so shocking that i would tell people to wait to read this book. He is just way to hot and sexy to wait!

Hollie April 24, 2013 at 10:36 AM

I read “What I Didnt Say” awhile back and noticed as a freebie on amazon today:

It was a good book. Its more YA than new adult, but was a memorable read.

Shay April 24, 2013 at 6:40 PM

Oh Abbi Glines …..You make me so happy! Definetly brought me out of reading slump. Great story. Small cliffhanger but not unbearable.

Heather I April 24, 2013 at 11:28 PM

Ok, the books I’ve read this week: Twisted Perfection, Rock my Bed, and just just finished Crush… All highly anticipated by me (& everyone else) for MONTHS and all 3 were awesome! I’d be hard pressed to say which one I liked better!!!!! Riff, WOODS (who I’m totally in love with at this point – SERIOUSLY) & Jude – loved every bit of all 3. Can’t wait to read your reviews!!!

Jill April 25, 2013 at 12:40 AM

Just read Breathing His Air and I enjoyed it. Was in the mood for another biker book and this did the trick. Rain was a pretty awesome alpha hero! ;)

karla April 28, 2013 at 2:50 AM

Gotta say first love your blog maryse its freaking amazing have found sooo many amazing books here :) just finished DIAMOND GIRL which I loved couldn’t put it down and I found it here in your blog I know its in your TBR list so I hope you get chance to read it soon!!