- Mr. Perfect: A Mister Standalone by J.A. Huss <— OFFICE ROMANCE W/ HER BOSS ALERT!! “He is my most forbidden desires unleashed. He is my new secret obsession. He is my Mr. Perfect. Until the moment I realize… There’s no such thing as perfect.“
- VIKTOR by Clarissa Wild <— BEAUTY & THE BEAST? Or more like stripper & the monster… “Animal. Monster. Beast. That’s what they call Viktor Melikov, the man who hides in the dark … But even monsters need to be loved. The moment he sees the girl hired to dance for him, everything ceases to exist.” Hmm… that cover doesn’t make him look like a monster.
- It’s Always Complicated by Julia Kent <— CROSSOVER ALERT! ”This book combines three of Julia Kent’s series in a madcap spectacle that yields one universal truth: love is a journey and not a destination, but people will drive you crazy along the way. Enjoy the ride.”
- Illicit: A Forbidden Romance by June Gray <— OH. MY. THAT FORBIDDEN BLURB IS CERTAINLY FORBIDDEN. *gasp*!!!!!! “I didn’t set out to fall in love with Jake. Not when he clearly wasn’t mine. He was my mother’s.” And it’s SUPER-BARGAIN priced right now.
Scoti: OMFG!!! 33% into it and just that moment. You know, the moment when you gasp and your heart starts hurting!
- Stone: MC Biker Romance (Great Wolves Motorcycle Club Book 7) by Jayne Blue <— BIKER BOOK & CAN BE READ AS A STANDALONE
- Possess (The Syndicate: Crime and Passion Book 1) by Kaye Blue <— ORGANIZED CRIME (KIDNAPPED?) “Senna doesn’t know why Maxim spared her all those years ago, or why he’s kept her by his side. But she does know that nothing—not his beautiful cruelty, not the black void where his heart should be—can stop her from loving him. Wanting him. Even though she shouldn’t.”
Now back to our regularly scheduled program
Lots of goodies (from super-dark, to super-funny) and even though I’m reading another psych-thriller from my TBR list, I’ve got a few on here that made it on, too! P.S. If you missed it, you must check out my latest 5-star review of Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas. HOLY MOLY fantastic mind-f**k alert!!!!!! LOL!!! I’m still beaming over that one.
Okay so now for the “mini-blurb-jolt” list”: Marry Screw Kill (that one up there to the left has been buzzing… and the blurb sounds crazy. Author says you need to be sitting down to read this one). YES PLEASE!! Ladies Man (’cause hello? I love romance-angst!!! And it’s Katy Evans so… yeah), After We Fall (hiding from her abusive ex, and it just so happens her new neighbor is a cop!! *swoon*), Tapping The Billionaire (’cause I love office romance, and he’s her boss, and I’m dying to know the true identity of these two authors), Opaque Mirrors (SUPER-DARK sounding, and the blurb had my eyebrows scrunching… plus so many LOVE this popular dark-read author!), Dick: A Bad Boys Novel (the title and premise almost seems eye-rolling and over-the-top, but I can’t help but wonder how a married schoolteacher and the father of one of her student’s – a widely known womanizer – is going to play out).
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
P.P.S. Don’t have a Kindle? No problem! Amazon offers various free Kindle apps and a free Kindle Cloud reader for any and ALL of us to use. You can either use the free Kindle App for your smartphone, tablet, AND your desktop computer (just like you’re using a Kindle, but right through your web browser <— No need to download anything!)
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- Sidebarred: A Legal Briefs Novella by Emma Chase
- One Second: Seven, Book 7 by Dannika Dark
- Fire Bound by Christine Feehan
- Best of My Love: Fool’s Gold, Book 20 by Susan Mallery
- Jilo: Witching Savannah, Book 4 by J. D. Horn
- Outlaw’s Vow: Grizzlies MC Romance, Book 4 by Nicole Snow
- Assumption: Underground Kings, Book 1 by Aurora Rose Reynolds
- Ladies Man: Tahoe’s Story: Manwhore, Book 4 by Katy Evans
- Ride Hard: A Raven Riders Novel by Laura Kaye
- A Buccaneer at Heart: The Adventurers Quartet, Book 2 by Stephanie Laurens
- Accidentally Ever After: Accidentally Paranormal, Book 11 by Dakota Cassidy
- Sworn to the Wolf: Cherchez Wolf Pack, Book 2 by Lauren Dane
- The Raven King: The Raven Cycle, Book 4 by Maggie Stiefvater
BARGAINS & READER RECOMMENDATIONS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).
- Undecided by Julianna Keyes <— “FAMILIAR FEEL” BUT FRESH & FUNNY ALERT! Elizabeth recommends it!!!
“I really really liked it!!! It sounded like it would be something I’d read before BUT it was surprisingly fresh and different while still being familiar. I loved the heroine because I could totally understand her POV. She partied a lot (like a lot ha) her first year in college, got in trouble, and now it’s all work and no play. But life doesn’t work like that and I just loved all the characters and check it out! I feel like it got lost in the shuffle bc it seems like it would be like a lot of other NA but it’s not. Like I said, familiar but fresh and funny!!! The hero does magic tricks which is hilarious bc it’s also kinda cute ha”
- Save Me by Heidi McLaughlin <— Johanna recommends this one! “Hey Maryse, I finished Save Me by Heidi Mclaughlin last night. So so good. Have you read them? Here with Me is book 1. Do u have any recommendations on a similar book? I love reading about the Navy Seals”
- Until You: The Fall Away Series by Penelope Douglas <— JERKFACE ALERT!!! Grey lost her mind over this one!
“OMG Jean!!! Read it!!! I’m abusing exclamation points right now, and I don’t even care! I loved Until You even more than Bully! Bully actually only got a 4.5 star rating from me, but Until You got a full 5 star rating!!! Oh hell, now I am going to have to go and read it again! Oh you simply have to read it!!! Jared’s take on everything… it’s… pretzel tummy jerkface angsty brilliance at it’s best!!!”
- God’s Eye (The Northwomen Sagas Book 1) by Susan Fanetti <— HISTORICAL ALERT! Ela is into it! “Really enjoying God’s Eye by Susan Fanetti! It has been very highly recommended and since I’m not too much into Historicals I was intrigued and I have to say so far very good. “
- Eternal Eden (Eden Trilogy Book 1) by Nicole Williams <— Amy LOVED this series!
“I’m excited because I don’t think I have EVER heard it mentioned here (aside from when I’ve mentioned it), and that series is one of those that holds a special place in my heart! I read it in my early PNR-obsessed reading days right after hubby bought me my first Nook, and it’s one of those that just stands out for some reason. I remember TONS of scenes from that series. To be honest, I don’t know if I would go all crazy over it today after getting so many other books under my belt, but I would say to you and anyone else wanting a PNR book with the feels from that whole Twilight time period (that is, if you aren’t too jaded in that genre ) that you should give it a shot…William is too-good-to-believe perfect but sometimes we need that, ya know?”
- The Selection by Kiera Cass <— DYSTOPIAN ALERT! Amy found us this deal! “The Selection by Kiera Cass…I loved that series!!! Such a great YA dystopian story. “
- Over the Hills and Far Away (NOLA’s Own Series Book 1) by Kelli Jean <— ROCK STAR SERIES ALERT! Tessa loves it! “The first book is Over the Hills and Far Away. It’s a rock series that was one of my favorite books of 2015. “
- Eidolon (Wraith Kings Book 2) by Grace Draven <— Grace LOVED this recent release!
Grace: Ildiko and Brishen!!! I loved Radiance and Eidolon both! Eidolon gives a nice level of completion even though there will be more later. It doesn’t leave you hanging! I’m so happy about that. I feared there may be another big Wow at the end of book 2, so I was a little scared knowing it will be a while until a book 3. Turns out it was totally the right decision to go right into the second book. I’m purring like a happy kitty.
Jean: Yes Grace, I was wowed and I’m moving onto Book 2! This is like nothing I’ve ever read before.
- The Rose and the Dagger by Renée Ahdieh
- Z: A Demonica Underworld Novella by Larissa Ione
- Bright Blaze of Magic (Black Blade Book 3) by Jennifer Estep
- Water’s Wrath (Air Awakens Series Book 4) by Elise Kova
- Jilo (Witching Savannah) by J.D. Horn
- Gambling on Her Dragon (Charmed in Vegas Book 2) by Anna Lowe & Michelle Fox
- Ashes To Ashes: A Ministry of Curiosities Novella (The Ministry of Curiosities Book 5) by C.J. Archer
- Wiped (Citizen Saga, Book 5): A Dystopian Romantic Suspense Series by Nicola Claire
- Captivated by a Vampire: Billionaire, Rock Stars, Vampires (Immortal Hearts of San Francisco Book 2) by Susan Griscom
- The Raven King (The Raven Cycle, Book 4) by Maggie Stiefvater
- Hidden (Society Book 4) by Mason Sabre
- Healing Cathy (Copper Creek Pack Series Book 2) by Kasey Belle
- Saltlands (Population) by Elizabeth Stephens <— DYSTOPIAN/ALIENS
- The Stone Key by Gabi Stevens
- The Lightning Luminary (The Luminary Chronicles Book 1) by RS McCoy
- Immortal Amour (The Genesys Project Book 1) by L.A. Kennedy
- Fire Bound (A Sea Haven Novel) by Christine Feehan
- Xander’s Tangled Web by Susan A. Royal
- Forever and a Night by Lana Campbell
- Second Chances by Nancy Pennick
- The Siren’s Dance (A Siren Romance) by Amber Belldene
- Paladin (Elemental Paladins Book 2) by Montana Ash
- Marry Screw Kill by Liv Morris <— WHOA ON THIS ONE!!! LOVE TRIANGLE? Author says you need to read this sitting down. NICE!!! LOL! “There are two men in my life. I’m marrying one, want to screw the brains out of another, and by the time this story is over you may want to kill someone. The choices are still pending…”
- The Year We Turned Forty: A Novel by Liz Fenton & Lisa Steinke <— ADDED ON!!!
- Ladies Man by Katy Evans <— ANNE IS LOVING IT ALERT!!!! “I am 70% into Ladies Man and OMG!! I am loving it!! Its angsty! LOVE IT! Gosh Tahoe is just so… ugh I don’t even know! I want to punch him and kiss him at the same time lol.He’s such a nice guy though that I want him as my best friend/lover/boyfriend/husband lol Can I just say this is one of her best books to date? Yes I said it!“
- Tyson: A Fireside Novel (Fireside Series) by Stacey Lynn
- Shameless by Lex Martin <— HE’S NOW THE GUARDIAN OF HIS BABY NIECE & SHE’S HELPING HIM but… “if I tell him what happened the night his family died, he might hate me…”
- Forever, Please (Please, Book Four) (Please Series 4) by Willow Summers
- Clarity 5: Loving Liam by Loretta Lost
- A Fresh Start (Second Chance Boys Book 1) by Lexi Bissen
- Breakaway: (A New Adult Sports Romance) (Pro-U Book 1) by Ali Parker
- Survivor (First to Fight Book 2) by Nicole Blanchard <— MILITARY HERO & YOUNG LOVE FOR LIFE UNTIL… “real life has a way of dashing dreams—and that happy future we envisioned together? It disappeared at the hands of a monster. Ten years have passed and I’m not the same naïve girl that believed in happily-ever-afters. When unforseen events draw me back to our hometown and I find myself caring for my two teenage brothers, the last thing on my mind should be reconnecting with the hottie-turned-hero who I loved at seventeen.“
- The Finding Series Boxset: The Finding Series 1-3 by S.K. Hartley
- Atlanta’s Most Eligible Bachelor II (Southern Men Don’t Fall In Love Book 2) by Mia Mae Lynne
- The Darkness (Equilibrium Book 5) by Kate Thomas
- After We Fall: A Take the Fall Novel by Marquita Valentine <— ESCAPED HER ABUSIVE EX & HER NEW NEIGHBOR IS A COP ALERT! “Having escaped an abusive marriage, Evangeline simply wants to start over in the small, quiet town of Forrestville. She’s also avoiding all contact with the opposite sex, because she just can’t trust her instincts when it comes to men—not even with the sinfully sexy cop next door…“
- A Love So Strong by Kathryn Shay
- Stubborn Hearts (Timid Souls Book 1) by Melanie Munton
- Welcome Home, Cowboy: A Hero’s Welcome Novel by Annie Rains
- Tapping The Billionaire (Bad Boy Billionaires Book 1) by Max Monroe <— OFFICE ROMANCE ALERT!! He’s her boss!!! “As his employee, he won’t touch her with a ten foot pole. But she won’t touch him either. Too bad their hormones missed the memo.” AND AND!!! TWO ROMANCE AUTHORS (well-known from what I understand) that wrote this book together and are currently keeping us guessing with their true identities. They interviewed me not too long ago, and I had SO much fun. Can’t wait to find out more!!! *snort* The “book warnings” are hilarious!! SUPER-BARGAIN PRICED, too!
- Ain’t She Sweet: A Green Mountain Romance by Marie Force
- Bring Me Back by Micalea Smeltzer <— CLEVER BOOK BLURB ALERT! “NOTE FROM THE AUTHOR I could have put the typical blurb here. Boy meets girl. They fall in love. Live happily ever after. The end. But this isn’t THAT story.“
- Sweet Light (The Hazelwood Series) by Alexia Halliwell
- Return of the Bad Boy (Second Chance) by Jessica Lemmon <— ROCK STAR FINDS OUT HE HAS A SON ALERT! “…she’d never risk giving her heart to a man who has a perfect record for breaking them. Except the man desperate to make things right with his newfound son is nothing like the rock god she’s guarded her heart against for years…“
- If Only by Dale P. Rhodes Sr.
- Saved (Tempted Series Book 2) by Heather Doltrice
- The Wedding Pact (The O’Malleys) by Katee Robert <— ARRANGED MARRIAGE BY ENEMY FAMILIES ALERT!
- First Kiss (The Academy) (Volume 10) by C.L. Stone <— Robyn found us this one! “Just wanted to let you know C L Stones 10th book in The Academy Ghost Bird Series came out today. It’s called First Kiss! I love these books!“
- Bend me, Break me, Bind me: The complete Absolution series by Sophia Scarlet
- Confessions of a Frisky Fashion Writer (Sex With Cocktails Book 1) by The Vixen
- His Deception by Patricia Rosemoor
- When I’m with You (Hope Town Book 3) by Harper Sloan <— HARPER SLOAN FORBIDDEN LOVE? It reads as a standalone! “He said I was too young. I said he was perfect. He said our families wouldn’t understand. I said we could weather any storm. He said he would ruin me. And he was right.“
- Forever Lost: Becoming Elena – Book Two by Melody Anne
- FIRE (Elite Forces Series Book 2) by Hilary Storm & Kathy Coopmans
- Revealing Her SEAL (ASSIGNMENT: Caribbean Nights Book 4) by Kat Cantrell
- Arrangement With A Billionaire (Bad Boy Billionaire Brothers Book 1) by Mandy Rosko
- Blinding Lights (Lights of Scotland Book 2) by Jessica Florence
- Delta: Revenge by Cristin Harber <— HER BROTHER’S BLACK-OPS TEAM MATE… “She’s a staffer at an Embassy, and he’s there to keep them alive. There are bombs and bullets and blood-hungry enemies. And then she’s taken. Gone. Just like his sister. But so much worse.“
- Something More Than This by Barbie Bohemian
- Hell On Heels by Anne Jolin
- Close to You: A Novel by Kara Isaac
- Make Me Desperate by Beth Kery
- Relentless (Relentless Series Book 1) by Alyson Reynolds
- Shatter (Unbreakable Bonds Series Book 2) by Jocelynn Drake and Rinda Elliott <— M/M ROMANCE
- Ride Hard: A Raven Riders Novel by Laura Kaye <— BIKER BOOK ALERT! She’s on the run from her abusive criminal father… “…when mistrustful Haven Randall lands on the club’s doorstep scared that she’s being hunted, Dare takes her in, swears to keep her safe…“
- Dex (An Impossible Novella) (Impossible #12) by Julia Sykes
- The Kingmaker: A Powerplay Novel by Selena Laurence
- His Darling Bride (Echoes of the Heart Book 3) by Anna DeStefano
- Serve and Protect (Heroes of Evers, Texas Book 3) by Lori Ryan
- Breeding of Lilacs (Coral Cove Book 1) by Laura Kennedy
- Just One Touch: A Black Alcove Novel (The Black Alcove Series Book 3) by Jami Wagner
- Die Tomorrow (Live Today Book 3) by Savana Jade
- Opaque Mirrors by Courtney Lane <— COURTNEY LANE DARK READ ALERT!! Also listed as horror? But I have NO CLUE what to think of this blurb… what does it mean??!! “He was supposed to remain a porn star—the source of my fantasies—in my expansive collection of torture porn. But he found me, and he only wants one thing from me. He calls it the ultimate orgasm; death. He gives me the illusion of choice—my life or his. I thought my choice would be the end of my troubles, but it followed me to a town known for its close-minded, small population and hypocritical way of thinking…“
- Debauched (Undone Book 3) by Jennifer Dawson
- No Simple Sacrifice (Secrets of Stone Book 5) by Angel Payne and Victoria Blue
- The Watson Brothers by Lori Foster
- Enduring the Wild Sparks by Ren Alexander
- Safe With You by Sophie Lira <— EX-BASEBALL STAR & SHE’S HIDING FROM HER ABUSIVE BOYFRIEND ALERT! “Broken and alone, Olivia and Kyle could be exactly what the other needs. Just as they begin to trust what they’re feeling, things take a dangerous turn when Olivia’s past catches up to her…”
- The Hook by Elisa Gioia
- Bed of Lies (A Chesterton Scandal Novel) by Shelly Ellis
- Fiancé for Keeps (A West Side Romance) by Gail Chianese
- Sin on the Run (Women of Vegas) by Lucy Farago
- Flip This Love (Coastal Heat) by Maggie Wells
- Dick: A Bad Boys Novel by R.C. Stephens <— MARRIED TEACHER & HER STUDENT’S BAD-BOY FATHER ALERT!!! “I was shocked to learn Eden was my son’s kindergarten teacher… I’d slept around with the lonely rich mothers at the school and had earned a reputation. A reputation Eden knew about… Eden was on the untouchable list—the band on her finger screamed, “I’m taken.” But when she got into trouble with her husband she asked me for help and I obliged…“
- Fallen For You (Killer Next Door Series Book 1) by Carlie Sexton
- Her Kind of Man (Edge of Scandal) by Elle Wright
- Matt (The Malloys of Montana) by R. C. Ryan
- Moth by Jennifer Foor <— UNDERCOVER DEA agent in college!! “Posing as a college student, he sets out to learn more about his estranged younger sibling, infiltrating his circle of friends to further help the investigation. The moment he meets Windy Lewis he knows she holds the answers.“
PRE-ORDERS (next week’s!!! )
- A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses) by Sarah J. Maas – May 3rd 2016
- Night Shift: A Novel of Midnight, Texas by Charlaine Harris - May 3rd 2016
- Alpha Wolf Need Not Apply (Silver Town Wolf) by Terry Spear - May 3rd 2016
- Swear on This Life by Renee Carlino - May 3rd 2016
- Wicked Heart by Leisa Rayven - May 3rd 2016
- Never Let You Go by Monica Murphy - May 3rd 2016
- Blown Away by Brenda Rothert - May 3rd 2016
- Last Mile: A Vicious Cycle Novel (Vicious Cycle Novel, A) by Katie Ashley – May 3rd 2016
- Swear on This Life by Renee Carlino - May 3rd 2016
- Dominated: The Enforcers (The Enforcers series) by Maya Banks - May 3rd 2016
- Deception (Infidelity Book 3) by Aleatha Romig - May 3rd 2016
- The Apartment: A Novel by Danielle Steele – May 3rd 2016
- Honor: A Welcome to the Point Novel by Jay Crownover – May 3rd 2016
- Make Me Risk It by Beth Kery - May 3rd 2016
- Fighting Fate (Fighting Series Book 7) by J.B. Salsbury – May 3rd 2016
- Invision: Chronicles of Nick by Sherrilyn Kenyon – May 3rd 2016 <— Tessa is excited!! “Invision: Chronicles of Nick by Sherrilyn Kenyon comes out May 3 too. *happy dance* The last one was a huge game changer and I can’t wait to read what happens next. When the series is over, we better get Nick’s Dark Hunters book!”
- Jack & Coke (The Uncertain Saints Book 2) by Lani Lynn Vale - May 6th 2016
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).