Latest Paranormal & Contemporary Romance Book Releases – August 13th 2013

by Maryse on August 13, 2013 · 15 comments

CRAZY awesome release day my friends!!!! So many great looking books, but just LOOK at these specific new releases from our favorite authors: Rock Chick Revolution by Kristen Ashley, Heller’s Decision by JD Nixon, Into the Deep by Samantha Young, Love Me (The Keatyn Chronicles #4) by Jillian Dodd, Moon River (Vampire for Hire #8) by J.R. Rain, Abel (5th Street #4) by Elizabeth Reyes, Ruin by Rachel Van Dyken, Smash Into You by Shelly Crane, and Keeping Her: A LOSING IT Novella by Cora Carmack!!

Plus a few that I’m unfamiliar with but want to read, like: Losing ControlClaimed in CanadaThe Best Man’s BabyThe Solitude of Passion and a few others I noted below. ;)

I am undeniably (and happily) overwhelmed!!!

BARGAINS:

• Avoiding Intimacy (Avoiding Series) by K.A. Linde
  • Watch Over Me by Tara Sivec
  • Freefall by Tess Oliver (thanks Nancy!) What a gorgeous cover. He’s a tattoo artist obsessed with a pin-up model… who just so happens to walk into his shop one day.
  • Blown by Braxton Cole (thanks Stephanie) “No matter how much chemistry they have between them, a cop and a gangster are not a good match.” Sounds like fun to me! ;)
  • Unbreakable by Rebecca Shea <– Thanks Jennifer!
  • Tall, Tatted and Tempting (The Reed Brothers) by Tammy Falkner and Sherri says: “I Really liked this book.The second one should be out this month sometime.”

PARANORMAL:

CONTEMPORARY

Lysa Solomon August 13, 2013 at 12:32 PM

AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! I want to 1 click wonder them all . . .

Maryse August 13, 2013 at 12:39 PM

Ditto! I did a few. ;)

Lindsay August 13, 2013 at 12:41 PM

Love me by Jillian Dodd is out as well, I don’t think I’ll ever be old to read teen angst! This series is seriously my guilty pleasure.

Maryse August 13, 2013 at 12:48 PM

OH YES!!!! Thank you Lindsay. I announced it on Facebook but I MUST put it on here.

Lauren August 13, 2013 at 4:02 PM

Just got the new Shelly Crane. Can’t wait to start it. Finished Present Perfect this morning (after a few starts & stops….that girl made me so MAD!!!! JUST GO OUT WITH HIM!!!!). Ending gutted me though. I’m trying to save up for Sept 23rd cuz SO many good releases that day, but I see too many good ones on today’s list!

Rosemary August 13, 2013 at 7:46 PM

Don’t waste your time or money on Into the Deep. I was beyond disappointed with it. Love her two other series, but this one seems like it is a very rough draft–flat and not well-developed at all.

Heather August 13, 2013 at 8:38 PM

I finished Freefall yesterday. I thought the story was pretty good, but the ending was a bit rushed. I’d still recommend it…if you like tattooed boys and angst!

Rose August 14, 2013 at 12:10 AM

My latest reads were Collide and Pulse by Gail Mc Hugh. Pretty heart wrenching and amazing all at the same time. At one point I thought I was going to launch my iPad across the room. You will fall in love with Gavin Blake :)

Georgia August 14, 2013 at 9:17 AM

ROCK Chick Revolution. I could NOT wait to buy this. This has been a crazy and wonderful series… and its over 700 pages. God bless. Thanks so much for introducing me to Kristen Ashley. I have LOVED all of her book series. She is truly wonderful !

Courtnee August 14, 2013 at 12:37 PM

If you all haven’t read The Keatyn Chronicles by Jillian Dodd yet- now is the time to try it out. (Love Me just released). Major sale on the first 3 books, and the first one Stalk Me is FREE! I think you can get all 4 right now for $7.

This is a great series to break up some of the heavier reads, it was just what I needed. It totally surprised me! It’s technically YA but there is plenty of romance and humor and angst. LOVE IT!

AND she has a website with all of these great boards for each book with the clothes, the settings, and the characters. It’s so much fun! You feel like you are part of it.
If you’re worried that the series isn’t complete (like I was), she writes very quickly and you don’t have to wait more than a few months for the next book.

Victoria August 14, 2013 at 3:55 PM

Finished Rock Chick Revolution yesterday. Ally and Ren are smoking hot together and Ally is now my all time favorite Rock Chick! This is a must read!

Toski Covey August 14, 2013 at 4:59 PM

Completely broke after this list! WOW!

Kate August 14, 2013 at 6:10 PM

Unbreakable was so good. Also, I finished Present Perfect and loved loved loved it!

Misty Dietz August 14, 2013 at 11:19 PM

Thanks for the cover love shoutout for COME HELL OR HIGH DESIRE, Maryse! :)

Imogen August 15, 2013 at 12:52 AM

Regarding Rock Chick Revolution…No. Just, No.

The first books in the Rock Chick series were great. I loved the characters, the quips and engaged in some fantasy casting with my sister as to which gorgeous actors and singers we thought the Hot Bunch should be played by (i.e. Could Mace be anyone but Jason Momoa).
I was starting to get a little sick of the self-referentialness and sameness of her books. The Chaos series in particular can only be read by someone who has read the Dream Man series. If you have read the Dream man series, then you don’t need the Constant updates. I was trying to keep an open mind when I cam across a scene (p. 585 when reading it on my iPhone) where Kristen Ashley describes the characters discovering a book written about them, by an author called……Kristen Ashley.

Seriously. I will never be able to read her again.