Latest Paranormal & Contemporary Romance Book Releases – August 27th 2013

by Maryse on August 27, 2013 · 21 comments

Happy Tuesday book release day! There are few on here that have me very excited and that I will be reading this week, such as The Vampire With the Dragon Tattoo (’cause this is one of my favorite paranormal authors and her alpha-paranormal men are quite a treat!),  and Origin (Lux Series #4) ’cause I’m so in love with Daemon (one of my favorite series!!) and one I’ve been so excited for (and so has our fellow reader, Claudia)—> Tear You Apart because:

1. I love Megan Hart (see my review of one of my other favorites of hers “Broken“) and
  2. with a synopsis like that, I gotta know what it means! and
  3. Considering the shocking surprises in some of her other books that I didn’t see coming, I’m hoping (thinking) this one just might blow me away. *fingers crossed*
So add those to my Friday “TBR” list that I posted, ’cause, yes I got sidetracked this weekend with two reads that weren’t originally on my TBR list…. *sigh* what can you do? ;) Arsen and Nocturne were so worth it, though!
Plus I noted a few others that look up our alley (like of course, Sometimes It Lasts by Abbi Glines!!). ;) Let me know if you see any standouts or if I missed any. :D

• Arsen. A broken love story by Mia Asher a MUST-READ for angst lovers that secretly enjoy an “ugly cry”. I’m still having a hard time picking up a new book. (see my review).
  • Lost and Found (Lost & Found, #1) by Nicole Williams
  • Fixed on You by Laurelin Paige <— (thanks Aimee) and Lori says: “If you liked Crossfire, you’ll like this one – great read” and Janet agrees: “ was really good. There is a sequel coming too in Oct.”
  • Burn (The Breathless Trilogy) by Maya Banks <— right at the edge of our bargain pricing, sounds like a good deal! (thanks Stephanie!)
  • Entwined with You (A Crossfire Novel) by Sylvia Day
  • Point of Retreat: A Novel (book #2) by Colleen Hoover. One of my favorites but you must read “Slammed” first.
  • Control by M.S. Willis <— book #1 (and book #3 was just released – see it below)
  • Axel (Corps Security) by Harper Sloan <— Shanda really loved it and brought it back to my attention yesterday saying:” Awesome!!! I couldn’t put it down, if you LOVE alpha male this is your book!”
  • Good (Too Good) by S. Walden <— (thanks Lori!) and looks extra risqué, ’cause it’s a student/teacher but… from the reviews I *glanced* at (afraid of spoilers) I noticed she’s 17! Eeeeep! Still… I’m curious where this will lead.
  • Mid Life Love by Whitney Gracia Williams <— this one’s been highly recommended by our fellow readers in the recent past, (She’s older… he’s younger. And her boss). Kandace says “YAY!! Big time loved this one.”

Nicolle August 27, 2013 at 11:23 AM

Don’t forget Origin by Jennifer L Armentrout!!!

Maryse August 27, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Eeeeeeep!!! How could I forget!! Okay on it!

Amy August 27, 2013 at 11:55 AM

I just went on a ebook shopping mini-spree this morning, and thanks to this post it has turned out to be a full-on shopping spree. Told ya, it never fails every Tuesday and Friday! I couldn’t wait for Origin and Tear You Apart to come out, but after reading Arsen this weekend, I think Origin is the safe bet. My heart and gut need a break…just for a couple of days though. ;)

Maryse August 27, 2013 at 11:57 AM

LOL Amy, and I’m looking for more crazy angsty. I’m a sucker for punishment!!!

But OMG Daemon, right? *phew* I want that, too.

Toski Covey August 27, 2013 at 12:06 PM

That was so mean of me!!! But I am so hungover I need pity here! <3

Lori August 27, 2013 at 1:44 PM

Just finished Sometimes It Lasts by Abbi Glines, loved it. Sexy, sad, sweet, love me some Cage York.

Julie August 27, 2013 at 2:10 PM

Oh gosh! How did I not know about Whisper to Scream? Alexa O’Brian is one of my favorite series! Thanks for the heads up.

Amy August 27, 2013 at 2:32 PM

Aw, screw it. I’m going to start Tear You Apart this evening – after I crack open some pinot noir. Hottie McHotster Daemon will still be there tomorrow. You should have another “read-together night” for TYA in case we all need some support. ;)

Jean August 27, 2013 at 3:09 PM

I was actually dreading this list today…..I CAN’T CATCH UP!!!! I am at 41% of Arsen and remembering Maryse’s words that this is where she felt things picked up a bit…..getting nervous!!!

Lisa M August 27, 2013 at 3:21 PM

Just finished Arsen!! Ugly ugly cry ! So heart wrenching!! Even the ending broke my heart all over again!!! Now I need to reread your review! Afraid to look at today’s blog I know I’m going to want so many more books!!!! So true about picking up another book! It’s going to have to be a good one!!!

Jean August 27, 2013 at 3:23 PM

Oh Lisa M, you are killing me!! Will be finishing Arsen tonight with my box of tissues I guess.

Maryse August 27, 2013 at 3:24 PM

Amy… Tear You Apart… By the synopsis I wasn’t sure exactly what we were heading into… but I’m seeing an “Arsen” similarity in terms of subject matter. Gorgeous “Megan Hart” writing though. Very much, her. Wow I’ve ran into a few of these over the last week or so.

I’m reading it right now.

Maryse August 27, 2013 at 3:24 PM

Happy to help, Julie! :D

Maryse August 27, 2013 at 3:25 PM

Thanks Lori!

Lisa M August 27, 2013 at 4:23 PM

Jean, I couldn’t put Arsen down!! I was lucky my day turned out that I could read a lot as I waiting around and not at home so all I could do is read!! Sometimes I love those days. So sad its over now!! Some books you never want to end and yet you do to find out what happens.

Kathy P August 27, 2013 at 5:23 PM

Loving Mid Life Love! The title and cover through me off but after the rave reviews, I started to read it! Should trust my fellow readers!!

Susan Nelson August 27, 2013 at 5:26 PM

Is Origin a teen book? Confused..

Lisa M August 27, 2013 at 5:56 PM

Kathy P, that’s good to know about Mid Life Love, I downloaded it as well as Fixed on You, anything similar to Crossfire sounds good to me. I still have a few from last weeks Latest & Bargains to read. I am sure I will be downloading a few more from this list.

Melissa August 27, 2013 at 9:56 PM

Just finished Arsen and I am emotionally gutted!!!!!! Ugh I feel like I need a Xanax just to move on from this book! Fantastic writing with the two sides of the coin; the joy for the HEA and on the flip side, heartache for the broken man :( I think I need to read something light and fluffy with rainbows and unicorns before I dive into another angst-ridden book (with Nocturne as my next TBR)

Samantha August 30, 2013 at 12:22 PM

Ahh it would be sooo awesome to win! I love her books! And it would be so great to have the physical copies! Thanks Maryse!

Pam September 28, 2013 at 9:27 PM

a must read fueled and driven wow can’t wait til crashed comes out