Latest Paranormal & Contemporary Romance Book Releases – December 16th 2014

by Maryse on December 16, 2014 · 50 comments

It’s ready!!! The new release list is up, and we have so many awesome bargain finds and reader recommendations too!

Okay first… there are some AWESOME pre-orders below. Including this one that just made me faint! LOL! Burned: Fever Series Book 7 by Karen Marie Moning. MAC IS BACK!!! OMG!!!!! Now don’t read anything else in this paragraph if you haven’t read the series yet (*slight spoiler* in the blurb). Instead, RUN AND READ THE FEVER SERIES NOW!!!! “MacKayla Lane would do anything to save the home she loves. A gifted sidhe-seer, she’s already fought and defeated the deadly Sinsar Dubh—an ancient book of terrible evil—yet its hold on her has never been stronger.” and then…. and then!!! “The only one Mac can depend on is the powerful, dangerous immortal Jericho Barrons, but even their fiery bond is tested by betrayal.” <— WHOA! *thud* *squeeeeeeeee* YESSSSSSS!

Second… what I’m currently reading… it appears MichelleS has found us a gem of an author and devoured an entire series back to back (no squirreling or anything!!). Then… a few in our crew jumped on her bandwagon and loved it too. Looks like the series gets better and better with each book, and by the way she’s freaking over it, I HAD to start it. It’s this one —> Kimberly Stedronsky’s “Roam” Series. Check out her BIG love for it (it’s a LONG post but so fun to read), and I dare you to resist!! Here’s a sample of what she said:

“SQUEEEEEE!!! yay – I just finished – I actually called in sick today- I kid you not. I couldn’t sleep. This book had me in knots. It was fan-freaking-tastic. 5 stars!!!”

LOL! How could I resist THAT? So far, book #1 (Roam) is very good, and I’m confident it only gets better from here.

Oh! And then when MichelleS found out the author had another series (Kimberly Stedronsky’s Movie Trilogy), she jumped in and went crazy again! YAY US!!!:D And you guys know as well as I do, MichelleS is kinda picky. ;) We have similar tastes so I think I’m in for a couple of weeks of goooooood reading.

Now… below… what looks extra good to me? Just a Little Crush (’cause Kostantina is loving the angst), Inspire (she’s an immortal muse, and just wants to find “normal” – normal man, not an artist – and she can inspire art… or madness). Eeeeeep! What Matters Most (The Billionaire Bargains) (she accidentally? marries him in Vegas, but he can’t remember it!), Around The Bend (OH YES THIS ONE!! (She’s wealthy, with what appears to be a perfect life, but has secrets that unravel her!!), Savaged (recluse alert!!! He hires women, but all “interactions” must be in the dark), In His Shadow (trying to live a safe, normal life, but this man of dangerous intrigue spins her world upside-down)… YES PLEASE!!!

P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere). :D

BARGAINS & READER RECOMMENDATIONS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).

• Just a Little Crush by Renita Pizzitola <— Kostantina is loving it! “Hey Maryse! I had to take a second and post on your page about this awesome book I’m reading!!! Its called Just a Little Crush by Renita Pizzitola . OMG its full of Angst, Badboy-ness and steamy as heck!! Its soooo good!! Ahhhh Im only at 35% and I cant put it down! You will love it!
  • The 2014 R.L. Mathewson Chronicle Collection by R.L. Mathewson <— SUPER-Bagain priced! “This is the complete collection of the Chronicles and excerpts from the R.L. Mathewson website. The R.L. Mathewson Chronicles are a continuation of your favorite stories, allowing readers to see what their favorite characters are doing now. This year’s collection features stories from, The Neighbor from Hell series, the EMS series, The Hollywood Heart series, and the Pyte/Sentinel series.”
  • Tainted Love by Ghiselle St. James <— It’s the new release of book #2 (below) that had me immediately investigating book #1… This one! I think it gets dark. Here’s a mini bit of the blurb to give you an idea (but #2′s blurb definitely had me squirming). “Ben Hayes is the demanding C.O.O. who is hell-bent on having me for himself. But, I’m wrong for him. I know it, the universe knows it. If he ever found out who I really am, how utterly tainted I am, he wouldn’t waste his time wanting me…
  • Taming the Storm (The Storm Series) by Samantha Towle <— ROCK STAR BOOK (and I LOOOOVED #1). Aimee found out this one’s on super-sale!
  • Flat-Out Celeste (Flat-Out Love Book 3) by Jessica Park <— I LOOOOOVED book #1 BIG TIME and this recent release is on super-sale! Thanks Nancy!
  • Below Unforgiven (Movie Trilogy, Book One) (The Movie 1) by Kimberly Stedronsky <—HOLLY WOOD STAR ALERT! MichelleS HIGHLY recommends this find! “…the important part is that I bought in 100%. Great writing. Great emotional build up. Totally authentic dialogue. Hot as heck love scenes. My new favorite author!!!! You should seriously read this one. Maryse!! I’m going to throw it out there…. has that Colleen Hoover feel!!!
  • Point of No Return (The Kathleen Turner Series Book 5) by Tiffany Snow <— LOVE TRIANGLE ALERT!!! Aimee found out that the majority of this much-loved series is on super-sale!
  • Kissed by a Dark Prince (Eternal Mates Paranormal Romance Series Book 1) by Felicity Heaton <— Paranormal super-sale! (Thanks Aimee!) “Attacked by his enemy in the elf kingdom, the last thing Prince Loren expects when he comes around is a beautiful angel watching over him and medical technology of the mortal realm. Hazy from his injuries, all he can focus on is the pulse ticking in her throat and the sweet allure of her blood. One single bite reveals she is his eternal mate, triggering a bond between them that will leave him weakened until it is completed… or broken, and pulling Olivia into the crossfire of his ancient feud…
  • Rev (Bayonet Scars Book 3) by JC Emery <— BIKER BOOK on super sale (thanks Aimee!)
  • The Vixen and the Vet by Katy Regnery <— RECLUSE ALERT! Back on the list ’cause so many of our fellow readers love it, and it’s been floating on my TBR list for awhile. I need to get to this one! Plus, we just got two more great recommendations for hermit/recluse books below! :D YAY US!!!!
Danette: Vixen and the Vet…OMG!.. it was fantastic! Easy 5 stars! Has that Archer feel & will keep you up well past your bedtime. I actually FELT that “new relationship buzz” reading this. Actually I felt all the emotions reading this.. just fabulous! Will be hunting other books from this author Katy Regency asap!
Lauren: Have you read Savaged by Nacole Stayton? Its similar to Vixen & the Vet but a bit darker. the main male character (billionaire, kind of an a-hole, manwhore) was attacked outside of a club one night & almost killed….was left with a massive scar down the side of his face, he never leaves his house….actually everyone thinks he’s dead…hires “female companionship” but they have to be in total darkness & can’t touch him. He ends up hiring a college student to “stay” with him for a couple months….she needs the money for her sick grandmother….ok, i wont tell you anymore. just read it!!
Nancy: If you liked The Vixon & the Vet by Katy Regnery then you should try Broken (A Redemption Novel Book 1) by Lauren Layne & it was reduced…. I’m reading it & it is really good.

Tracy December 16, 2014 at 2:30 PM

I can not wait for Burned! I am so excited for this book to come out.

Tessa December 16, 2014 at 2:54 PM

Burned deserves a special *squee!!!*

Okay, got that out of my system. I finished Roam and Rise, but am waiting for Jan. to finish the rest ( or at least Christmas to be over.). Really good, and I’d end up buying all of hers.

Fate book was cute, a little tense, and funny. Sadly, 200 page books only take 3 hours to read, so no savoring for me. :-( I now need to add fate book 2 to my to be bought in Jan.

Anyone have suggestions on how to organize a tbr? I get these books, then don’t know what they are about the next day. I want full tummy twist fear type angst, but no clue what’s what.

Laura December 16, 2014 at 3:06 PM

Oh I can’t deal with this list right now!!!! There’s to much!!!
I’m on the back end of rise I love the roam series!!
I am officially naming michelleS and bev my recomendators (I don’t even think that’s a word) of the year for everything paranormal!! You both just should tell me what to read from now on and maryse can tell me what to read everything romance since I clearly have been missing all the beauty’s on my own!!!

Nancy Parken December 16, 2014 at 3:10 PM

I don’t see CHASING THE TIDE by A. Meredith Walters. I’ve been waiting very impatiently for this release. It is the 2nd book of RECLAIMING THE SAND. I have to make sure that Ellie treats my boy Flynn right.

Michelle S December 16, 2014 at 3:22 PM

All I saw there was FEVER series and Karen M. Moning and my HEAD EXPLODED!!! Happy Birthday to me (it’s on Friday). Can’t get that one soon enough. Love love love everything KMM. And I loved Iced!!! Picture me doing a Dani vibrating thing with a bunch of candy bars – that’s how happy that makes me!!!

And other people discovering Roam???? Goosebumps there too….. :-) It gets better and better and better and by book 6 you’re a nut-job like me.

Tracy December 16, 2014 at 3:27 PM

I grabbed Roam the other day but haven’t started it yet. I read the Kane trilogy over the weekend and loved it. Since I ahve been on a Tijan kick I am reading Carter Reed. So glad I’ll have time off at Christmas to really indulge.

Fabi December 16, 2014 at 3:32 PM

I already pre-ordered Burned. KMM is an auto-buy for me regardless of price or story or anything else.

I’ve been housecleaning my tbr before diving into book 2 of the Roam series cause I know once I do I won’t stop till I’m done with the whole series. Thanks again for the rec MichelleS.

Happy early b-day!

I just finished Beautiful Ashes by Jeanine Frost. It’s been sitting in my tbr for months. Wish I’d read it sooner. Great start to a new PNR series. Fast paced, action packed, strong and smart heroine with dreamy bad boy partner.

Fabi December 16, 2014 at 3:44 PM

I’m surprised Madelynne Ellis has a PNR book out. I thought she was an erotica writer.

Maryse December 16, 2014 at 4:19 PM

Thank you Nancy!!! I just added it in. :D

Laura December 16, 2014 at 4:28 PM

The only thing I’m worried about reading burned is what else I’m going to have to add to my handbag :(

Lauren December 16, 2014 at 4:34 PM

I’ve been waiting on Bella Jewel’s pirate book for soooooo long!!! Book 1 came out over a year ago & book 2 has been pushed back 6 times. Been going CRAZY!! I just loved Hendrix from book 1.

Tracy December 16, 2014 at 4:36 PM

Lauren – maybe Santa will bring you a bigger handbag for Christmas!

Jean December 16, 2014 at 4:54 PM

I’ve been waiting for that one too Lauren especially with the way the first one ended!

I love when I want a book so bad and wait for a sale and then it happens….. Taming the Storm! Yay!

Loved Vixen and the Vet so I need to check out those other recommendations! Oh, and I still need to finish the Fever series by KMM…ugh!

Just finished Black Lies (I know I’m late to the game), but I LOVED it! Now, I’ve gone back to BDB series, Lover Avenged!

Michelle S December 16, 2014 at 5:11 PM

Jean – BDD, KMM, and Black Lies??? You have got some fantastic reading material right there girl!! Woo Hoo. Taming the Storm eh? 99 cents? okay – no brainer!! Vixen and the Vet…. let me check that out…. whoa! the town hermit?? I LOVE that kind of story. :-) And Lover Avenged is my favorite book cover ever – right next to Love, in Spanish…. and I liked Rhev’s story too…. all good stuff for Jean today!

Jean December 16, 2014 at 5:39 PM

I know MichelleS, I’m excited! Sticking with my TBR lately!

Sharon December 16, 2014 at 9:46 PM

That list was epic! I Just finished Bilionaire Bad Boys Club by Emma Holly (I have missed her books) and it is recommendation worthy! It actually had a good story with tons of steamy you-know-what! M/M, M/F, M/M/F, M/F/M, just what I have been looking for! Two high school friends meet and bond over abusive fathers. They make it big and meet their girl. I think I will read Revenant next!

bev December 16, 2014 at 10:14 PM

I can not wait for Burned. I’m definitely going to do a re read of Iced, since it is the continuation of both Dani & Mac . I have a horrible memory and want to make sure can keep it all straight, lol.

MichelleS Happy ( early) b day!

Ruthie December 16, 2014 at 10:51 PM

Thank you, thank you, thank you…I didn’t even know KMM was doing another Mac and JB book (mmmm

Ruthie December 17, 2014 at 12:16 AM

Jennifer December 17, 2014 at 12:46 AM

For Riley Adamson series fans by Shannon Mayer, she and eight other authors released “Fusion” an anthology today for $0.99

Antonella December 17, 2014 at 6:17 AM

I just one clicked Foreplay – which is 6 novels for 99 cents. Looks like it has a few recently mentioned. I was interested in Carter Reed by Tijan as well as Jake Undone by Penelope Ward. And the other 4 seem like quailty as well.

LC December 17, 2014 at 7:59 AM

Captivated by You is now 2.50!!

Jean December 17, 2014 at 9:17 AM

Antonella, Jake Undone was AWESOME!!!!

Fabi December 17, 2014 at 9:31 AM

Thank you Antonella. I picked up the bundle. I’ve only read one of the books in it and, like you said, several have been recommended here.

Jean December 17, 2014 at 11:02 AM

LC, thanks for the info on Captivated! Been waiting for that to go on sale!

Cheryl December 17, 2014 at 11:57 AM

OMG, I can’t deal with this list right now, so many!!! Reading Debt- at about 75% and LOVING it!!!

Michelle December 17, 2014 at 12:30 PM

I’ve got two more FREEBIES for ya:

Nothing Left to Lose by Kirsty Moseley
Going Under by Georgia Cates

Tracy December 17, 2014 at 12:42 PM

I am reading Carter Reed from the Foreplay anthology. Great to hear a rec for Jake Undone too.

Fabi December 17, 2014 at 12:47 PM

Thanks for the freebies Michelle!

Jean December 17, 2014 at 12:51 PM

Ooooo thanks Michelle…. 1-click! Loved Georgia Cates Beauty series!

Tracy, been wanting to read Carter Reed for soooo long and have it already….. Let me know how you like it!

Amber December 17, 2014 at 4:57 PM

This is on sale for $0.99 right now until 12/19 I believe.

Michelle S December 17, 2014 at 6:27 PM

Thanks for the heads up on that one – I just bought Captivated by You for 2.50… so glad I held out!!!

Amy December 17, 2014 at 9:31 PM

Those Tainted books look tempting! :D Okay, I’m going to be so behind on the Roam books by the time y’all are finished with them. :? I just have had so little time to read lately…it took me about 4 (maybe 5?) days to finish Unteachable even though I was loving it and didn’t want to put it down. The holidays are fun but so crazy busy!

Unteachable was really good. There were some minor things that kept me from *absolutely* loving it, but what really had me was the writing style! It was blunt, quirky, cynical, random, and with that style of writing and the first-person POV it just endeared Maise even more to me. You know what I really loved? The fact that I just didn’t know how things would turn out, even up until the end. I would think things were going to be okay and then…crap. Then I thought things were over and then…yay! Then I thought it was all working out for them and…dangit! I really, really loved that by the end I was afraid to assume how things would turn out simply ’cause I knew no matter what I thought would happen, my guess would be wrong. *snort* Oh wow, I just realized I still need to read the Too Good series…

Amy December 17, 2014 at 9:35 PM

“M/M, M/F, M/M/F, M/F/M, just what I have been looking for!” <——– This, my friends, is me liking that comment. O.M.G. that was hilarious. *cackling*

Michelle S December 18, 2014 at 5:13 PM

Amy – sounds like you are in the “mood” for teacher/student… so why not just go with Roam? He’s her history teacher! And when she calls him “Mr. Perry” during the love scenes later on it is really kind of hot (going to hell in a hand-basket).

I did like Too Good, BTW…. just not super duper memorable, that’s all. But good! The second one didn’t do it for me…… :-(

Whatcha’ reading now, Amy???? You mentioned gritty MC Club books, did you find one? pass that info on – that’s what I usually crave to “clean my book palate” after a long series…. LOL….

Michelle December 18, 2014 at 6:57 PM

Finished It Ain’t Me Babe and really liked it. I grabbed the second book to read later – although I was hoping it was Flame’s story since that sounds like it will be an angsty crazy ride!

I’m about 20% into a new book, The Edgelanders by Jennifer Melzer, that I think is going to be a gem of a find. I’m enthralled by it so far! The world building is fabulous and the story is really fresh and unique.

Also if anyone was interested in a mermaid PNR, I’ve been waiting for SK Munt’s the Fairytail Saga to go on sale. The first book is free and the next three are on sale for a dollar each. I had the first for a while now but thought they looked different and interesting.

Fabi December 18, 2014 at 7:24 PM

Thank Michelle, I picked up the first one in the Fairytail Saga. Sounds original.

I just finished another from my tbr and this one was GREAT. I think maybe a 5 star for me.

Privacy Code (Shatterproof Book 1) by Jordan Burke.

It’s been out for several months. Has anyone else read it? I’m trying to resist buying the sequel right away, but I don’t know if I can wait.

Fabi December 18, 2014 at 7:25 PM

Thank “you” Michelle. <— meant to type that above :-)

Cheryl December 18, 2014 at 9:40 PM

Just finished Debt. Angst, filled, dark, sexy book. I loved it, but the ending was abrupt!
Can’t wait for Burned, may have to re-read the Shadowfever and Iced first.

One-clicked Foreplay and Nothing Left to Lose. I just don’t know what I’m in the mood to read next…should probably look at my tbr list too!

Amy December 19, 2014 at 12:53 AM

MichelleS, hell in a handbasket? Then I guess I’m right there with ya…with martinis and our books, of course. ;)

I’m not sure what I’m going to start next. *scratches head* We’re flying out tomorrow for a short trip so I won’t be able to read a whole lot over the next few days, and I told Shell that I would buddy read an MC book with her but I want to make sure that I keep up in reading it with her. So, maybe Chasing Abby since I’ve been meaning to get to it and since Jean really liked it. Yeah, that’s what I’ll start next. :D

MichelleS December 19, 2014 at 9:12 AM

Amy – remember to clue me in when you decide what MC book you’re going with! I think I am going to go with The Year We Fell Down as my next read. Stand alone, and Maryse liked it, and I think Bev really liked it too, if I remember right. No world-saving-prophecies…. just a story about a boy and a girl. That’s the ticket for this weekend.

MichelleS December 19, 2014 at 9:15 AM

Oh dang it! Michelle!!! I had to go and check out Edgelanders after you called it a “gem” – THAT one is right up my alley. The whole werewolf fated mate lore is always a favorite of mine, if done well. You check back in on that one and report back, okay?????

Jean December 19, 2014 at 9:26 AM

Chasing Abby and The Year We Fell Down were both great! Happy Reading girls!! In still reading Lover Avenged….. been so busy… but just love when I go back to this series because I forgot how much I love these guys!!!

Fabi December 19, 2014 at 9:45 AM

Jean I’ve been rereading (actually listening to) the entire BDB. Lover Avenged is next for me too. I love the complex characters JR Ward created. The strange world and unique dialogue are such a trip.

Jean December 19, 2014 at 10:22 AM

Me too Fabi! I can’t imagine “listening” to it…. that must be awesome! I’ve never tried an audio book yet.

MichelleS December 19, 2014 at 2:16 PM

EEK! Listening to BDB??? Not sure I could handle that. They had very distinct, deep, rumbly voices in my head!! And all that JR Ward “ghetto lingo”??? LOL!!! Rhage is my future husband in my reincarnated life, so I don’t want to mess that up in my head – no listening to the audio version. How do they do it? Narrated by a man or woman??

MichelleS December 19, 2014 at 2:18 PM

Jean – I looked up Chasing Abby and it is book four in a series – do you have to read the other three?? Is that the right book?

Laura December 19, 2014 at 2:24 PM

Mermaids?! That sounds good! Michelle I just read heart recaptured I really wanted flames book aswell but it’s out in January.

I just finished darkest touch I love torin he was always my fav a lot revealed in this one!

Ok what’s next?! I’m going to to with one of the series bev or Michelle recommended when I asked for a list lol don’t know which one was thinking maybe dead witch walking?

Jean December 19, 2014 at 2:35 PM

MichelleS , yes you should definitely read the other books first. Great series!

Fabi December 19, 2014 at 2:45 PM

BDB is narrated by a man.