This is the last official “release day” of the year and it’s a good one!!! And I’m enjoying a VERY recent release (The Play) that is super-bargain priced right nowand rocking my world!! I can’t stop giggling and it’s so easy to swoon over the brooding, somewhat anti-social hero, since according to the author, Tom Hardy was his inspiration. Tom Hardy is my favorite! And Karina Halle is my favorite too. Or one of ‘em but DEFINITELY a favorite! (P.S. Don’t forget to check out yesterday’s post! Ten Monday early bird book releases)
Maryse: LOL!!! Just a few minutes into this latest Karina Halle book and I’m already laughing!! A hot Scottish “friend of a friend” is coming over, and she wasn’t expecting him…
“Why would you do that to me?” I cry out, patting down my messy top knot. “I came here in my pajamas. I don’t have any makeup on, my hair isn’t even brushed. Jesus, are my teeth even clean? Do I stink?” I quickly sniff my pits and then breathe into my hands. Mmmm. Eau du Wino.
Kimberly: Reading this now. Looooooooving it SO hard!!
Betty: Just started it too!
Karen: Saw this on sale….but your post made me buy it…thanks!!!
Pia: I am reading this one as well I am at 38% and totally love Kayla. Well Lachlan isn’t too bad either wink emoticon Have a feeling that this one could enter my Top 2015 favorite reads…
Maryse: YAY!!! We’re all buddy reading it. I can’t stop highlighting it. She’s witty!
Krystal: I’ve started this today as well ! That prologue !!! My goodness. Loving it so far .
Linda: Great story guys!!!
Sadie: Bought it!
Hilaria: I love The Play!
Karon: Loved this book. Kayla’s personality was awesome…and don’t get me started on HIM!!! HOT!!!Reading Winter Wishes now…they are in it too
Lisa: This is my favorite in this series! Happy reading!
Theresa: Just finished Winter Wishes. I went bavk to The Play and reread the last couple of chapters, then read Winter Wishes, then went back to the epilogue of The Play. It read perfect like that for me.
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
P.P.S. Don’t have a Kindle? No problem! Amazon offers various free Kindle apps and a free Kindle Cloud reader for any and ALL of us to use. You can either use the free Kindle App for your smartphone, tablet, AND your desktop computer (just like you’re using a Kindle, but right through your web browser <— No need to download anything! )
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free ebooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- Breaking Him: Love Is War, Book 1 by R.K. Lilley
- Summer’s Child by Diane Chamberlain
- Cocky Bastard by Penelope Ward & Vi Keeland
- After She’s Gone by Lisa Jackson
- The Marriage Contract by Katee Robert
- Ready or Not by Melissa Brayden
- Wicked Ride by Rebecca Zanetti
- Wicked Edge by Rebecca Zanetti
- The Baby: Boss, Book 5 by Abigail Barnette
- Afterlife: Afterlife Saga, Book 1 by Stephanie Hudson
- Anything for You by Kristan Higgins
- Point Blank: Sisterhood Series, Book 26 by Fern Michaels
- Outlaw’s Obsession: Grizzlies MC Romance Series #2 by Nicole Snow
BARGAINS & READER RECOMMENDATIONS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).
- You can also check out all of TODAY’S AMAZON DAILY DEALS <— includes anything and everything in this category (electronics, video games, clothes, cool house gadgets, Kindles etc…)
- Break Even by Lisa De Jong <— RECENT RELEASE/INTENSE TWISTY LOVE TRIANGLE ALERT! This one just came out a day or so ago and LisaM LOVED it!! “Just finished reading Break Even. It was soooooo good!! What a triangle with all sorts of twists or should I say angles!!! I couldn’t put it down!!! Like every good book Ive read!! I just had to find out what happens next n next n next!! Now I’m done!! Wow!! Highly recommend it!!! It’s funny how you have these books on your tbr list n then you read the new releases n ok that book somehow gets to the top!!!!” and Cheryl agrees! “I’m almost finished with Break Even. It is great! Sexy times, with a “love” triangle & a WHAT. IS. GOING. ON?!!! I’ve practically read it on one seating because it’s soooo good and I’m not sure how this is going to end!!! May be a 5* for me.” And now… Grey is excited! “Break Even looks delicious… I just got 30 dollars in Amazon gift cards for Christmas… trying to resist… it’s burning a hole in my virtual pocket. *pshaw* who am I kidding, it’s after 8pm, I’m in jammies *giggle*“
- Irresistibly Yours: An Oxford Novel by Lauren Layne <— Anne enjoyed this one! “Just finished Irresistibly Yours by Lauren Layne and really liked it! Can’t wait to read the next books in the series “
- Going the Distance by Julianna Keyes <— bev recommended it in her top 2015, and LisaC is loving it! “I started Going the Distance today per your recommendation. 60% in and loving it so far. Thanks so much!”
- Lawless: King Book 3 by T.M. Frazier <— Jean loved this one! “I just finished Lawless from the King series over the weekend. Loved the series!”
- Caged: Takedown Teague by Shay Savage <— Fabi insists!!!! “Talk about favorite authors. Mine hit it out of the park again with the Caged trilogy. I just finished reading it and I promise you it has ALL the feelz. It was published in 3 parts but reads as one book. In fact, I think it’s being sold as a bundle now. I’m so sorry its over but so happy with the epilogue. I have no idea what to read after that fantastic ride. …Maryse, or anyone listening, please read the Caged trilogy by Shay Savage. It is an absolute 5* read. I recently finished it and I can’t tell you how much I loved that series. Just…greatness. …I am dying for someone to read Caged. I have to share the love! lol It just…gah…broke my heart and lifted me up and made me fall in love with every single character.” Well that sounds perfect. 1.) I LOVE fighter romance, and 2.) I LOVE SHAY SAVAGE!!!!!
- Hero Book 1 – The Assignment: A Military Romance by M.S. Parker <— Marit loved this one! “I just read Hero by M.S. Parker!! Oh my This book is sooooooo hot, girls. He is her bodyguard. And she is a spoiled, rich brat! I have already clicked home book two now Yaaaay!”
- NIKOLAI: The Complete Boxed Set (Her Russian Protector Book 15) by Roxie Rivera <— Lauren found us this! “Roxie Rivera’s Nikolai (Her Russian Protector), books 1 & 2 PLUS 2 novellas, is bundled… then goes up… soon. Same with Sergei (Her Russian Protector) books 1 & 2 + 2 novellas.”
- Sergei: The Complete Boxed Set (Her Russian Protector Book 16) by Roxie Rivera <— THIS ONE TOO!
- Forget (Changing Colors Book 1) by N.A. Alcorn <— Marion LOVED these! “For lovers of music I cannot recommend N.A Alcorns “Forget” and the sequel “Blur”, enough.I read them back to back in two days coz I couldn’t put them down!!!!! Beautiful love story!!!!”
- Tiffany Snow <— Lauren found out that most of the “Tangled Ivy” series and the “Kathleen Turner” series are on sale!
- The Matchmaker: A Novel by Elin Hilderbrand <— ON SALE!! “But when tragedy threatens her own second chance, Dabney must face the choices she’s made and share painful secrets with her family. Determined to make use of her gift before it’s too late, she sets out to find perfect matches for those she loves most.”
- Smoldering Hunger: Part 4 (Dark Kings) by Donna Grant
- Vengeance (The Captive Series, Book 6) by Erica Stevens
- Dragon’s Vengeance (The Dragon Corps Series Book 2) by Michaela Kendrick
- Smoldering Hunger: A Dark Kings Novel by Donna Grant
- Between a Vamp and a Hard Place by Jessica Sims
- Dead Eye (A Tiger’s Eye Mystery Book 1) by Alyssa Day
- Oculus by J.L. Mac <— GHOST LOVE STORY? SHE’S BLIND… “I have no evidence that he’s real. But if he isn’t, why do I wake with the taste of him on my lips? I long for someone who doesn’t exist and even if he does, he’s forbidden, dangerous.” and then!!! “The irony is that my phantom, the one I want so badly, seems driven to destroy everything I’ve ever known.” Oooooh!
- Capturing Gabriel: Romancing the Guardians, Book Three by Lyn Horner
- Haunted (Book Four of the Hollow City Coven Series): A Witch and Warlock Romance Novel by Hazel Hunter
- Hero Unleashed (Heroes of Saturn Book 2) by Anna Alexander
- A Treacherous Decision (Order of the MoonStone Book 2) by JC Morrows
- Hunter Deceived (Wild Hunt) <— SHE’S HALF-FAE and he’s an “Unseelie hunter” and she’s fighting her possible horrible destiny… “Whenever she’s tempted, she calls up a vision of his eyes. Hears his voice calling her back from the brink of madness. Years later, when she returns to the scene of her living hell, he’s her only hope for salvation. Calan, the leader of the Wild Hunt, was created to protect mankind from the Unseelie Court, not love one of them.”
- Girl of Myth and Legend (The Chosen Saga Book 1) by Giselle Simlett
- Untouchable Darkness (The Dark Ones Saga Book 2) by Rachel Van Dyken <— HE HAS JUST TASTED FEAR FOR THE FIRST TIME… and the love of his life is the cause! “I’ve been given thirty days to prove my love to another immortal–as a human. Cursed to use nothing but the side of myself I’ve always despised to win her affection. I am Cassius, the King of the immortals, A Dark One…“
- First Touch: A Novel (A First and Last Novel) by Laurelin Paige <— HER BEST FRIEND IS MISSING ALERT! ”Determined to track down her friend, Emily follows a chain of clues that leads her to Reeve Sallis, a gorgeous and equally dangerous hotelier known for his power games and shady dealings. Now, in order to find Amber, Emily must return to her playgirl ways…“
- Outlaw’s Vow: Grizzlies MC Romance (Outlaw Love) by Nicole Snow
- With Every Breath (Wanderlust) by Lia Riley
- A Creative Guide to Getting a Life by MJ Eason
- Dirty Pleasures (The Dirty Billionaire Trilogy Book 2) by Meghan March <— HE’S BOSSY & SHE’S FALLING FOR HIM… “I did it. I married a billionaire. My reasons are my own, but the last thing I expected was to feel owned…”
- December: Calendar Girl Book 12 by Audrey Carlan
- Pet Friendly by Sue Pethick
- Heart Taker by Sasha Devlin
- Sway by Melanie Stanford <— SHE’S A JULIARD GRADUATE WITH NO CAREER & HER EX (THAT SHE DUMPED SO SHE COULD KEEP HER INHERITANCE) IS NOW A FAMOUS MUSICIAN ALERT! “In the most ironic of role reversals, Eric is rolling in musical success, and Ava’s starting at the bottom to build her career. Worse, every song Eric sings is an arrow aimed straight for her regrets.”
- Who We Were - by Kelly Elliott <— HER WORLD WAS SHATTERING! “…my world came crashing down on me at twenty-four years old. It wasn’t going to take wine to help Brody and I find our way back to one another. It was going to take fighting … not only for our love— But for my life.“
- Thicker Than Water by by Brigid Kemmerer <— HIS MOTHER WAS MURDERED AND HE IS THE SUSPECT ALERT! “The only person who believes him is Charlotte Rooker, little sister to three cops and, with her soft hands and sweet curves, straight-up dangerous to Thomas. Her friend was the other murder vic…“
- Catering to His Needs (Kitchen Confessions Book 1) by Rose C. Carole
- Like Glass We Break by Kari Fisher
- A Trail in the Woods: Book 2 of The Woods Series by MA Scott
- Till Death Us Do Part by Cristina Slough <— SHE BELIEVES HER MARINE HUSBAND DIED AT WAR, STARTS FALLING FOR HIS BROTHER, AND HE COMES BACK, FURIOUS ALERT!! “…when suspicions of Joel’s past surface, Austin refuses to disclose family secrets—even to his brother’s widow. It’s only by accident she uncovers evidence of Joel’s tainted past. Devastated by his lies and betrayal, she slowly opens up to Austin, and together they unfold layers of pain and grief…“
- Headed for Trouble by Shiloh Walker
- Say A Prayer: #Four Like A Lady Series by S.J. Sawyer
- Kill Without Mercy (Ares Security Book 1) by Alexandra Ivy <— MILITARY HEROES FREED FROM A TALIBAN PRISON ALERT! “…he’s eager to get back to his new life in Texas. But when he crosses paths with Annie White, a haunted beauty with skeletons in her closet, he can’t just walk away—not when she’s clearly in danger…“
- Crumbled (A Paper Thin Novel Book 2) by Jennifer Snyder
- Iron & Bone (Lock & Key Book 3) by Cat Porter
- If Your Wife Only Knew (Love & Revenge Book 1) by Cydney Rax <— MARRIAGE IN TROUBLE ALERT! “…why is she wondering what would happen if she put her marriage to the ultimate test—secretly setting Rashad up with a younger woman to see if he’s tempted?… When Kiara decides to test Rashad for real, her world turns upside down. Not only does he take the bait—it turns out he’s had a mistress on the side for years…“
- This Is True Love (Exclusive! Book 1) by Jamie Wesley
- When You’re Gone by Pamela L. Todd
- Redemption by Kate Douglas <— SHE’S MISTRUSTFUL & HE’S HER ROOMMATES BROTHER ALERT!! “…when roommate’s brother-in-law shows up at Lola’s doorstep-unannounced, unassuming, and unbelievably gorgeous-she can’t help but wonder if he’s hiding something behind that handsome face, that sly smile, and those tempting lips…“
- Prime Target (The Target Series Book 1) by Marquita Valentine
- Shark In Troubled Waters (The Date Shark Series Book 4) by Delsheree Gladden
- Christmas from Hell: A Neighbor From Hell Novel by R.L. Mathewson <— TEE HEE!!! ONE OF THE FUNNIEST AND FUNNEST ROMANCE SERIES featuring the hungriest and goofiest, most infuriating yet sexiest men ever! And the author provided just a little excerpt just to give you an idea: “Heart pounding against her chest, telling her that she needed to move her ass faster and demanding to know why she’d done something so foolish as to only make one pan of brownies when she knew the house was filled to the rafters with Bradfords, she practically dove for the attic door…“
- At Peace (The War Trilogy #3) by Andria Large <— M/M ROMANCE
- Unwelcome Home (Welcome to Alvarado Book 2) by C.E. Kilgore <— M/M ROMANCE
- Naked Hunger (Naked Cowboys) by Desiree Holt
- Never Tied Down (The Never Duet Book 2) by Anie Michaels
- After She’s Gone (West Coast Series Book 3) by Lisa Jackson <— TWO FAMOUS SISTERS and one goes missing… “But Allie, finally free of small-town Oregon, and just that little bit more beautiful, also proved to be more talented—and driven. Where Cassie got bit parts, Allie rose to stardom. But now her body double has been shot on the set of her latest movie—and Allie is missing. Police discover that the last call to Allie’s phone came from Cassie, though she has no recollection of making it. Instead of looking like a concerned relative, Cassie is starting to look like a suspect…“
- Forever Summer (Book # 7 The Summer Series) by CJ Duggan
- Baby Bear: MC Romance (Lady Riders Book 4) by Harley McRide
- Unexpected Love by Selena Rivera
- The Safe Bet (The Game Changers Book 3) by Shealy James
- Thin Ice: A Novel (Men of Valor) by Irene Hannon <— HER SISTER MIGHT STILL BE ALIVE… “After losing her parents and her sister, Christy Reed has been mired in grief. Now, life is finally starting to feel normal again–until an envelope addressed in her sister’s handwriting arrives in the mail. And the note inside claims she is still alive.”
- Where She Belongs (Misty Willow Book #1): A Novel by Johnnie Alexander
- The Beginning (The Butterfly Series Book 2) by Isabella Redwood
- A Bolt of Loving by C. D. Melley
- Love and Protect (Heroes of Evers, Texas Book 1) by Lori Ryan <— SHE’S PREGNANT AND IN DANGER ALERT! “…not only is her life in danger, so is the life of her unborn child. With everything to lose, she flees to Evers, Texas with a new identity, taking refuge on the ranch of Cade Bishop, a man who firmly believes in second chances…“
- Shameless: A Bitter Creek Novel by Joan Johnston <— SHE’S SINGLE & PREGNANT AND HE’S A RECLUSE ALERT! “He lives in an isolated cabin, away from his domineering father and the scandal surrounding his family. Devon’s attraction to Pippa is intoxicating and undeniable, but when he tries to get close, she’s as wary as his once-wild wolf. Devon is willing to defy his father, and hers, to claim Pippa as his own…“
- Caught by You: A Love Between the Bases Novel by Jennifer Bernard <— FAMOUS BASEBALL PLAYER PROPOSES SO SHE CAN GET CUSTODY OF HER SON BACK ALERT! “Any hint of scandal could keep her from getting her son back from her well-connected ex. Then Mike comes up with a game-changing idea: a marriage proposal that could help win her case— even as it jeopardizes her heart . . .“
PRE-ORDERS (next week’s)
- Missed Connection by K. Larsen & Mara White – January 5th 2016
- Built: Saints of Denver by Jay Crownover – January 5th 2016
- An Ounce of Hope (A Pound of Flesh Book 3) by Sophie Jackson – January 5th 2016
- On Solid Ground (A Touch of Fate) by K.L. Greyson – January 5th 2016
- Fighting Dirty: Worth the Fight Series by Sidney Halston - January 5th 2016
- The Dirt on Ninth Grave (Charley Davidson Book 9) by Darynda Jones - January 5th 2016
- House of the Rising Son by Sherrilyn Kenyon – January 5th 2016
- Beast by Jenika Snow & Sam Crescent – January 5th 2016
- Counter To My Intelligence (The Heroes of The Dixie Wardens MC Book 7) by Lani Lynn Vale - January 6th 2016
- Aced (The Driven Series Book 8) by K. Bromberg - January 11th 2016
- Scarless & Sacred (The Chicago War Book 3) by Bethany-Kris - January 11th 2016
- The Score (Off-Campus Book 3) by Elle Kennedy <— Dean & Allie’s book! Releasing January 11th 2016
- Sebring (The Unfinished Hero Series Book 5) by Kristen Ashley - January 11th 2016
- Love in the Light (Hearts in Darkness Duet Book 2) by Laura Kaye – January 12th 2016
- Make Me Sin (Bad Habit Book 2) by J.T. Geissinger – January 12th 2016
- Dirty Together (The Dirty Billionaire Trilogy Book 3) by Meghan March – January 12th 2016
- Unhinge: A Novel by Calia Reed – January 12th 2016
- Waiting for Wyatt: A Red Dirt Novel by SD Hendrickson – January 12th 2016
- In This Life by Christine Brae – January 22nd 2016
- How to Save a Life by Emma Scott – February 9th 2016 (this is the author of RUSH!!!)
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).