Happy book-release day!! A few highly anticipated ones (like that one to the left), but it’s the “new-to-me’s” that have me clicky. A few scandalous sounding ones, bad guys, and some “no-strings” relationships that appear to turn into a big knotted messes.
Like… Natural Love (different social standings and they fall in love and it could be disastrous?), Last Will and Testament (teacher-student, but I think college-aged and he’s more of a TA… still… could be angsty!), Untouched (she can’t remember the accident that messed her up, and she falls for a penitentiary officer, and her memories start coming back…) Reason and Romance (ummm… her potential bad-boy step-brother)… eeeeeeep! LOL!! Oh and Loving You Is Easy (her sexy photo that she sent to a military guy she’s corresponding with ends up online…) *gasp!!!* This “Jett Girl” series too is intriguing me… oh and Afghan Girl!! Not sure if this is romance, but the premise sounds amazing!
OH!!! And TARRYN FISHER / COLLEEN HOOVER collaboration pre-order alert!!! —> Never Never by BOTH of them is up on Amazon and will be releasing Jan 11th 2015!!!
OH WOW look at that synopsis (MINE!!!!!!):
Best friends since they could walk.
In love since they were fourteen.
Complete strangers since this morning.
He’ll do anything to remember.
She’ll do anything to forget.
AND AND!!!! THE fabulous TINA REBER is releasing a COP romance book in just a few days. Jacked (Trent Brothers Book 1) is up for pre-order and is releasing on December 11th 2014. That’s in just a few days!!
Lots of good-looking stuff this week, my friends!
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
BARGAINS & READER RECOMMENDATIONS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).
- Becoming a Jett Girl (Bourbon Series Book 1) by Meghan Quinn <— Had not heard of it before but I came across this one ’cause book #2 was just released (see it below) and I was intrigued by the synopsis. Good reviews so far, too! “I’m in the business of saving tarnished souls. I hand pick girls from the street who have no options left in life and give them an opportunity they can’t possibly refuse. They come to work in the Lafayette Club which is full of EXQUISITE DEBAUCHERY, where influential men come to conduct business and lap dances are considered a fine art. The girls are trained, they are morphed, they are educated, they follow the rules of the club and they know to submit to me. They live by my motto, no relationships, no love, just sex…” But… right? There’s always a but!
- Killing Sarai (In the Company of Killers Book 1) by J.A. Redmerski <— Stephanie found us a GREAT deal!! She says: “In the Company of Killers Series by J.A. Redmerski Don’t miss out! On SALE for for a limited time!!!” (here’s my review Killing Sarai)
- Reviving Izabel (In the Company of Killers Book 2) by J.A. Redmerski <— and this one!
- The Swan and the Jackal (In the Company of Killers Book 3) by J.A. Redmerski <— annnnnnnd this on!
- Song of the Fireflies by J.A. Redmerski <— Oh and also this book from a completely different angsty NA romance series (I LOVED the first two books in the series!)
- Never Far Away (The Never Series Book 2) by Anie Michaels <— Aimee found us this super-bargain! But it’s a continuation in the series so you have to read #1 first…
- Never Close Enough (The Never Series Book 1) by Anie Michaels <— And here’s #1. Looks pretty good, and reviews look good too. “The last thing Ella Sinclair needed on her birthday was a cheating boyfriend, a broken heart, and a dead car battery in a remote beach town. At her greatest moment of need, a protective and sexy Porter Masters comes to her rescue. Ella takes a holiday week at the coast to discover herself and finds her attraction to Porter potent and undeniable…“
- Fighting For You by Megan Noelle <— Aimee found us this super bargain too! Not too sure about the cover (but I’ll try not to judge ), but Aimee says: “GREAT ratings…been watching this since March.” True the reviews DO look promising! “Corey has spent the last several months missing the only woman he’s ever wanted, but things aren’t about to get any easier. When demons from Corey’s past rise to the surface, he is put in the middle of something he thought was laid to rest. When drugs, money and an ex that wants to stir up trouble—returns to the picture— Corey will be left fighting for his life. Will he be able to protect the only person he loves from a dangerous world she knows nothing about?“
- Finding Solace (Flawlessly Broken trilogy Book 1) by Barbara Speak <— and Aimee found us this super-bargain and she asks: “…anyone read this one yet. Looked interesting and had good ratings” —> “The confidence she wears on the outside is only to cover the scars that are imbedded on her soul. Coming out of an abusive relationship where she was stripped of her security and confidence, she chooses to bury it under every man she gives her body to.“
- Dangerous Dream: A Beautiful Creatures Story (Dangerous Creatures) by Kami Garcia <— and Aimee found us this one, too! “…not sure if anyone has been following the Beautiful Creatures series but this one is on sale today.“
- Boxed Set Complete Carnage Series: Carnage #1&2 by Lesley Jones <— Paulette found us this! ”Complete Carnage series 1 & 2 by: Lesley Jones on sale.” (here’s my review of #1: Carnage)
- Rock Romance Series Boxed Set by A.L. Wood <— And Amber loves this one! “I loved this entire series. The boxed set is now on sale. Each book is about a different band member and every story was deep and had you feeling it.”
- Odd Thomas: You Are Destined to Be Together Forever (Short Story) (Kindle Single) by Dean Koontz <— OMG I LOVED the movie of book #1. SO SO good!!! I need to read this series…
- Dark Screams: Volume One by Stephen King, Kelley Armstrong, Bill Pronzini, Simon Clark, Brian James Freeman, Richard Chizmar
- Hunting Season (The Twenty-Sided Sorceress Book 4) by Annie Bellet
- Hot Blooded: Part 1 (Dark Kings) by Donna Grant
- Bite Me, Baby: A Christmas Anthology by Alice Brown, Lady V, Samantha Potter, Rayne O’Gara, Lei Carol, Hazel Gower
- Whispers by HK Savage
- The Crystal Fig Affair: A Romantic Caper by Molly Cannon <— Okay not really sure this is “paranormal” but ummm… why not? LOL! ”When a man she barely knows proposes and shoves a big diamond ring on her finger, English professor Ellie Scandal thinks it’s a joke. But when he is gunned down on her doorstep and with his last breath warns her that the ring is cursed, she panics, especially since the ring won’t come off and now she’s the one being shot at and chased.“
- The Pleasure Hound: Part One (The Pleasure Hound Series) by Ines Johnson
- Wicked (A Wicked Trilogy Book 1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout <— “But as Ivy grows closer to Ren, she realizes she’s not the only one carrying secrets that could shatter the frail bond between them. There’s something he’s not telling her, and one thing is for certain. She’s no longer sure what is more dangerous to her—the ancient beings threatening to take over the town or the man demanding to lay claim to her heart and her soul.“
- Live (Kitsune Book 4) by Melissa Stevens
- One Step Ahead – The Wolf Within Book 7 by Amy Lee Burgess
- Entity (The Divinity Series) by Patricia Leever
- Cross Stitch (Choc Lit) by Amanda James <— This one sounds good!! “Sarah and John can’t pretend they’re an ordinary couple. They’re time travellers and where time travel is involved, nothing runs smoothly. One minute Sarah is saying her vows and the next she is hurtled back in time to a country that is on the cusp of war, and into the company of the bad-tempered Veronica Ratchet.“
- The Otherworld Witches Series 3-Book Bundle: Dime Store Magic, Industrial Magic, Haunted by Kelley Armstrong
- Ripped (The REAL series Book 5) by Katy Evans <— BAD BOY ROCK STAR ALERT! “She and her friend Melanie are determined to humiliate him onstage. But when they’re caught by security and her ex is summoned, Mackenna decides not to press charges if she’ll join him on tour and follow certain conditions–rules designed to give him the upper hand” (and here’s my review of book #1 that I LOVED —> Real)
- Alarm by Shay Savage <— Here’s my review!
- Reparation (The Kane Trilogy Book 3) by Stylo Fantome <— So many in our crew are LOVING this dark series!
- Breaking the Rules (Pushing the Limits Book 6) by Katie McGarry <— Here is the Pushing the Limits Series Reading Order
- Livvy (Choisie Book 4) by Lori Otto <— remember her angsty series (Emi Lost and Found)? This is the spinoff.
- Crossover: Franchise Mtg. by Tijan <— a character “series crossover” scene (almost 100 pages)
- What If (Entangled Embrace) (If Only…) by A.J. Pine <— Potential new love that sounds like it might break our hearts! “Something that could have killed Maggie Kendall took away the person she used to be instead. Her condition makes her dependent on sticky notes, photos, and medication just to get through each day. The last thing she needs is a distraction—or someone new to disappoint…” See what I mean?
- Hard Limit (Hacker Series Book 4) by Meredith Wild
- Taming the Alpha: Over 20 Alpha Male Tales of Contemporary, Military, Werewolves, Shifters, Vampires, Billionaires, Witches, Dragons, Demons & More by SO MANY authors! LOL! This one’s over 2000 pages!
- Nobody’s Lost (Rescue Me Saga #5) by Kallypso Masters <— POPULAR BDSM/MILITARY MEN series (and here is the Rescue Me Series Reading Order)
- The Charlotte Chronicles: A Novel (Jackson Boys Book 1) by Jen Frederick <— “Charlotte was Nathan’s first love. Nathan was Charlotte’s first everything. Until they weren’t…” (thanks, Shell, for pointing it out!)
- Free Me (The Found Duet Book 1) by Laurelin Paige
- Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls) by Melinda Leigh
- Deadly Fallout (Red Stone Security Series Book 10) by Katie Reus <— “Former Navy SEAL Sawyer McCabe might not know the gorgeous Zoe as well as he wants to, but he knows all about trouble. So when she’s threatened, he steps in to help her regardless of the consequences and gets her out of town. But it’s not enough to escape a determined killer…”
- Natural Love by S Celi <— Oh could it be scandalous!?? Perfect son, perfect wealthy “social rank” family… “She was the one person I shouldn’t love–the one person I couldn’t love. But I did. I loved Avery Jackson. I wanted her, even though a romance with her threatened everything…“
- A Christmas Bride by Jo Ann Ferguson
- SEAL’s Proposal (Take No Prisoners Book 5) by Elle James
- Addiction (Distraction Book 2) by Angela McPherson
- Tempting Boundaries (Montgomery Ink Book 2) by Carrie Ann Ryan <— “Decker Kenrick knows it’s wrong to have feelings for his best friend’s little sister, but that doesn’t stop his thoughts from going down that path…”
- Bittersweet (Love Edy Book Two) by Shewanda Pugh
- Cracked & Crushed: The Sacred Hearts MC by A.J. Downey
- Captive Films 1.4 (Captive Films: Season One) by Jillian Dodd
- Caress of Darkness: A Dark Pleasures Novella (1001 Dark Nights) by Julie Kenner
- Last Will and Testament (Radleigh University Book 1) by Dahlia Adler <— TEACHER-STUDENT ALERT! “…all that changes when her parents are killed in a tragic accident, making her guardian to her two younger brothers. To keep them out of foster care, she’ll have to fix up her image, her life, and her GPA—fast. Too bad the only person on campus she can go to for help is her humorless, pedantic Byzantine History TA, Connor Lawson, who isn’t exactly Lizzie’s biggest fan…“
- Raven’s Hell (Savages Book 2) by Jenika Snow <— “Rebecca Shaw is a survivor, but when three men ambush her, she knows she can’t take them all on. Then a stranger shows up and takes them out with little effort. She wonders if this possessive side Collin shows toward her is more dangerous than the savage world itself…“
- Handcuffed to the Sheikh, Too: Jewels of the Desert Book 1 by Teresa Morgan <— I dunno… but this one just sounds like pure guilty-pleasure fun! “The last thing feisty American heiress Gwen Spenser expected when she went to Zallaq was to wake up handcuffed to the desert kingdom’s super hot, but aloof, ruler. But when rebel outlaws abduct them both, they have no choice but to escape–together…“
- The Bodyguard (The Bodyguard series Book 1) by Leena Lehtolainen
- Burnin’ Up Memphis (Firehouse 69) by Delilah Devlin <— FIREFIGHTER ALERT! “An experienced BDSM trainer, Moira senses that Coop is not only a Dom in the making, but exactly what she’s been looking for. A man to be her lover and her Dom. The only problem is, Coop isn’t looking for anything complicated…“
- A Vow of Love (The Friessens: A New Beginning Book 4) by Lorhainne Eckhart
- Diamonds and Revolvers: Book 2 (Military Moguls) by Olivia Jaymes
- In the Cards by Jamie Beck
- The Wishing Season (A Chapel Springs Romance Book 3) by Denise Hunter
- The Red Queen’s Run (A Red Solaris Mystery Book 1) by Bourne Morris
- Untouched (Contemporary Romance) (Florence, Arizona Book 1) by Lauren Hawkeye <— Alexa had a bad accident and can’t remember much about it… “After Ellie is called out of town, she leaves her sister with the keys to her flower shop and Alexa finds herself swapping lives with her sibling: running Ellie’s business, living in the house left to them both by their absentee father…and forging a smoldering relationship with sexy-as-sin penitentiary officer, Nate Fury—a man with his own demons…“
- Alaskan Adventure (Destination: Desire) by Crystal Jordan
- Fierce: New Adult Sport Romance (Ski Town Romance Book 4) by Violet Vaughn
- Radiant Point by Brei Betzold
- Wrecking Forever: Prequel #0.5 (Chasing Forever Series) by Lisa Cardiff <— “* This prequel takes place six years before Chasing Forever and focuses on the beginning of Lucas and Regan’s story. * “
- Extra-Curricular by Jake Malden
- Wrong Place, Right Time by Brooke Williams
- Music Under the Mistletoe: A Raining Chaos Christmas: Rocker Romance (Raining Chaos Book 2.5) by Lynne St. James
- Unscripted (The Scripted Series Book 1) by Christy Pastore <— “This isn’t your typical Hollywood fairy tale where the typecast ordinary girl next door meets the famous handsome actor and they fall in love…“
- Reason and Romance (River Valley Book 1) by Jenn Young <— SCANDALOUS would-be step-brother alert!! “He’s exactly the kind of guy she hates. When she sleeps with him, it’s the biggest mistake of her life. Now she can’t stop thinking about him. Not at school. Not at home.“
- Seasons of the Fool by Lynne Cantwell
- Death’s Dirty Demands (Chaos Bleeds Book 5) by Sam Crescent
- I’ll Show You Mine by Lauren Gallagher <— They meet at a wedding… “…he’s all for enjoying this wild ride for as long as it lasts. As they delve deeper into each other’s kinks, though, it’s only a matter of time before trust and intimacy start entangling their hearts. But before a future can take shape, they’ll have to come clean…and hope their confessions don’t drive them apart.“
- The Deal by Deborah Ann <— “On a business flight from LAX to Toronto, Bethany Drake has the delightful, though unexpected, fortune of being seated next to gorgeous and boldly exciting Adam Blaire—the most sought after divorce attorney in Beverly Hills, with a steadfast belief against commitment and/or monogamy…” Ruh roh.
- Starting Over by Michele Shriver <— “Widower Bennett Grayson has his hands full enough adapting to single parenthood of a teenage son and has no intention of falling in love again. When a friend arranges a blind date, Ben reluctantly accepts as a favor to his friend, but gets more than he bargained as the funny and charming divorcee catches his eye.“
- Shattered: Volume 1 (The Shattered Series) by Brandy Echols
- Colors of You (Baxter Academy Book 1) by Jane Charles <— POLICE OFFICER ALERT! “It was a normal, typical day when Officer Kian O’Brien got the radio call and took off after a fleeing suspect, over the walls of the Baxter Academy of Art and to the side of Alexia Deme right before she nearly collapses in his arms. In one moment, everything in his life is altered and the more Kian comes to know Alexia, the more he cares.“
- Loving You Is Easy by Wendy S. Marcus <— “When corresponding with sweet, classy Brooke, Shane Develen instinctively hides his commando tattoos and blue-collar roots–and he can tell that she’s hiding something, too. But Shane knows he’s gained her trust when Brooke gives him a blisteringly sexy photo. Then he’s injured in an ambush and a fellow soldier posts the snapshot online. Overnight, Brooke’s reputation turns to ashes. Even though he’s totally wrong for her, Shane shows up on Brooke’s doorstep, determined to set things right–and discovers that right or wrong has nothing on the chemistry they share.“
- Jessie Slaymaker’s Rules of Engagement (The Jessie Slaymaker Series Book 2) by Jo Iles
- Want It (Rule Breakers Book 3) by Jennifer Chance <— “Zander James is no gentleman—and no officer, either, thanks to Erin. Four years ago, she made a call that terminated his highest aspirations . . . and their relationship. He’s never forgiven her, but when he learns that Erin’s embarking on a half-baked rescue mission, he sure as hell can’t let her go alone…”
- Let’s Get Physical by Elle Fiore <— Husband leaves her due to her weight gain so she hires a personal trainer… “Thrown together due to circumstance, Jack and Linda aren’t quite sure what to do with one another. She expected her trainer to be a woman; he expected his new client to be the latest vapid barracuda.”
- Heroes to Swoon For Boxed Set: 11 Sizzling Contemporary Romances by Jade Kerrion, Chantel Rhondeau, Rachelle Ayala, Lyssa Layne, Michele Shriver, P.C. Zick, K.S. Thomas, Stacy Eaton, Melinda Curtis, Julie Leto, Jennifer Saints
- Being a Jett Girl (The Bourbon Series Book 2) by Meghan Quinn <— This sounds good, but I think I have to read #1 first. “…one moment I’m working at the premiere spot for creepy men and sloppy drunks and the next, I’m being whisked away by a moody ex-boxer and a mysterious man in a suit that overlooks his girls from the third floor of the Lafayette Club.“
- Royal Blood: (Royal Blood #1) by Amity Cross <— “A hit gone wrong, an impossible contract, revenge and the ultimate kicker… falling in love.”
- Holiday Wedding by Robyn Neeley
- Jagged Love by Nicole Simone <— This one sounds angsty! “What they don’t see are the map of scars etched into my skin or the barb wired wrapped around my heart. As the saying goes, it only takes one person to change your life. That person for me was Andrew.“
- Afghan Girl by Matthew S. Friedman <— Oh wow this sounds GOOD! “Set in the era when Afghanistan was at war, what would happen if a traditional Afghan girl – someone who understood, internalized, and accepted her culture’s strict social norms and values – were to be given a taste of true freedom following a terrible earthquake that erased her memory? What if, for a time, she was able to experience love, life and liberty — unconstrained, unencumbered — the way a man might? And what if she was then forced to make a choice between these two extremes after regaining her memory…“