Latest Paranormal & Contemporary Romance Book Releases – December 9th 2014

by Maryse on December 9, 2014 · 89 comments

Happy book-release day!! A few highly anticipated ones (like that one to the left), but it’s the “new-to-me’s” that have me clicky. ;) A few scandalous sounding ones, bad guys, and some “no-strings” relationships that appear to turn into a big knotted messes.

Like… Natural Love (different social standings and they fall in love and it could be disastrous?), Last Will and Testament (teacher-student, but I think college-aged and he’s more of a TA… still… could be angsty!), Untouched (she can’t remember the accident that messed her  up, and she falls for a penitentiary officer, and her memories start coming back…) Reason and Romance (ummm… her potential bad-boy step-brother)… eeeeeeep! LOL!! Oh and Loving You Is Easy (her sexy photo that she sent to a military guy she’s corresponding with ends up online…) *gasp!!!* This “Jett Girl” series too is intriguing me… oh and Afghan Girl!! Not sure if this is romance, but the premise sounds amazing!

OH!!! And TARRYN FISHER / COLLEEN HOOVER collaboration pre-order alert!!! —> Never Never by BOTH of them is up on Amazon and will be releasing Jan 11th 2015!!!

OH WOW look at that synopsis (MINE!!!!!!):

Best friends since they could walk.
In love since they were fourteen.
Complete strangers since this morning.

He’ll do anything to remember.
She’ll do anything to forget.

AND AND!!!! THE fabulous TINA REBER is releasing a COP romance book in just a few days. Jacked (Trent Brothers Book 1) is up for pre-order and is releasing on December 11th 2014. That’s in just a few days!!

Lots of good-looking stuff this week, my friends!

P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere). :D

BARGAINS & READER RECOMMENDATIONS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).

• Becoming a Jett Girl (Bourbon Series Book 1) by Meghan Quinn <— Had not heard of it before but I came across this one ’cause book #2 was just released (see it below) and I was intrigued by the synopsis. Good reviews so far, too! “I’m in the business of saving tarnished souls. I hand pick girls from the street who have no options left in life and give them an opportunity they can’t possibly refuse. They come to work in the Lafayette Club which is full of EXQUISITE DEBAUCHERY, where influential men come to conduct business and lap dances are considered a fine art. The girls are trained, they are morphed, they are educated, they follow the rules of the club and they know to submit to me. They live by my motto, no relationships, no love, just sex…” But… right? There’s always a but! ;)
  • Killing Sarai (In the Company of Killers Book 1) by J.A. Redmerski <— Stephanie found us a GREAT deal!! She says: “In the Company of Killers Series by J.A. Redmerski Don’t miss out! On SALE for for a limited time!!!” (here’s my review Killing Sarai)
  • Reviving Izabel (In the Company of Killers Book 2) by J.A. Redmerski <— and this one!
  • The Swan and the Jackal (In the Company of Killers Book 3) by J.A. Redmerski <— annnnnnnd this on!
  • Song of the Fireflies by J.A. Redmerski <— Oh and also this book from a completely different angsty NA romance series (I LOVED the first two books in the series!)
  • Never Far Away (The Never Series Book 2) by Anie Michaels <— Aimee found us this super-bargain! But it’s a continuation in the series so you have to read #1 first…
  • Never Close Enough (The Never Series Book 1) by Anie Michaels <— And here’s #1. Looks pretty good, and reviews look good too. “The last thing Ella Sinclair needed on her birthday was a cheating boyfriend, a broken heart, and a dead car battery in a remote beach town. At her greatest moment of need, a protective and sexy Porter Masters comes to her rescue. Ella takes a holiday week at the coast to discover herself and finds her attraction to Porter potent and undeniable…
  • Fighting For You by Megan Noelle <— Aimee found us this super bargain too! Not too sure about the cover (but I’ll try not to judge ;) ), but Aimee says: “GREAT ratings…been watching this since March.” True the reviews DO look promising! “Corey has spent the last several months missing the only woman he’s ever wanted, but things aren’t about to get any easier. When demons from Corey’s past rise to the surface, he is put in the middle of something he thought was laid to rest. When drugs, money and an ex that wants to stir up trouble—returns to the picture— Corey will be left fighting for his life. Will he be able to protect the only person he loves from a dangerous world she knows nothing about?
  • Finding Solace (Flawlessly Broken trilogy Book 1) by Barbara Speak <— and Aimee found us this super-bargain and she asks: “…anyone read this one yet. Looked interesting and had good ratings” —>  “The confidence she wears on the outside is only to cover the scars that are imbedded on her soul. Coming out of an abusive relationship where she was stripped of her security and confidence, she chooses to bury it under every man she gives her body to.
  • Dangerous Dream: A Beautiful Creatures Story (Dangerous Creatures) by Kami Garcia <— and Aimee found us this one, too! “…not sure if anyone has been following the Beautiful Creatures series but this one is on sale today.
  • Boxed Set Complete Carnage Series: Carnage #1&2 by Lesley Jones <— Paulette found us this! ”Complete Carnage series 1 & 2 by: Lesley Jones on sale.” (here’s my review of #1: Carnage)
  • Rock Romance Series Boxed Set by A.L. Wood <— And Amber loves this one! “I loved this entire series. The boxed set is now on sale. Each book is about a different band member and every story was deep and had you feeling it.”

PARANORMAL

CONTEMPORARY

Megan December 9, 2014 at 1:36 PM

Maryse, have you read Kim Holden’s Bright Side? I cried buckets! I believe she has a sequel planned for 2015 – Gus’s story. I’m so looking forward to that one too. Enjoy the holidays and thanks for a great blog :)

Maryse December 9, 2014 at 1:45 PM

Megan I LOVED Bright Side!! So gooooood and I cried like a baby.

Happy holidays to you, too my friend! Thank you so much for hanging out with us. :D

Fabi December 9, 2014 at 2:10 PM

I’m reading Alarm and am horribly tempted by Ripped. But I haven’t had time to go through the whole list yet. :-0

Laura December 9, 2014 at 2:20 PM

Ooooooo I’m adding more and more to this kindle wish list do u think Santa of the kindleverse will get me what I want? I’ve been good promise!!!

Tessa December 9, 2014 at 2:25 PM

Reparation is soooooo good. It’s as insane and as angsty as the first two. The H and h are nuts.

Shell December 9, 2014 at 2:38 PM

The Charlotte Chronicals by Jen Frederick. It’s a new release, the blurb on this standalone made my heart squeeze !! and it’s only for $0.99.

I am reading ‘Natural Love’ by S. Celi as I was in a mood for something forbidden.

Maryse December 9, 2014 at 3:02 PM

Okay Shell I’m adding it the Chronicles. Thank you for pointing it out. :D

Maryse December 9, 2014 at 3:07 PM

Let me know how you like it, Shell. I want to read it, too.

Maryse December 9, 2014 at 3:08 PM

Tessa I love insane characters! LOL!!! I must read that series. Is the 3rd book the last one, do you know?

Maryse December 9, 2014 at 3:08 PM

Laura, I think our “book-Doms” would beg to differ. ;)

Maryse December 9, 2014 at 3:09 PM

Yes Fabi! Alarm was good… Ripped sounds like it will be steamy as heck!

Tessa December 9, 2014 at 3:18 PM

I think so. It’s just beyond good. She does something stupid, then he does, then life does, even more n the last book. I think the hero in this is his right hand guy just for surviving the insanity. *love*

Amy December 9, 2014 at 3:20 PM

I started to snicker at the title I’ll Show You Mine, then I read the blurb and oooooh, does that sound like it’s right up my dirty, angsty alley!!

Oh my, Bright Side…I still get warm and fuzzy while simultaneously feeling like my chest has been sucker punched when I think of it. Gah, that was a beautiful one. *sigh*

Amy December 9, 2014 at 3:30 PM

Shell, you had me at “heart squeeze”…one-clicked that one. ;)

Degradation is still free, and Separation and Reparation are only .99? Plus they’re angsty? And dark? Oh yeah, they’re so mine!

bev December 9, 2014 at 3:46 PM

Grabbed What If and Loving You is Easy looks good.

Tracy December 9, 2014 at 3:59 PM

I grabbed Degradtion the other day and I just started Tijan’s Jaded series because I just loved Mason in the Fallen Crest series. But now as Amy pointed out the other two books in the Kane trilogy are only .99 cents. Gotta grab those two and I now I want to start those.

Lauren December 9, 2014 at 4:32 PM

Yeah, it’s the last book in the Kane trilogy….although, I’d LOVE to see Jameson Kane’s right hand man, Sanders, get a story. I just loved him!

Lauren December 9, 2014 at 4:33 PM

Guys, I want to try Carnage & I’ve come close to 1-clicking dozens of times but I’ve heard it’s REALLY sad. Is that true? How bad?

Tessa December 9, 2014 at 4:43 PM

I agree Lauren. Sanders does need his own story. I love him and he totally deserves it.

Jean December 9, 2014 at 5:03 PM

Laura, Santa of the kindleverse!! Lol! I love that! But Maryse is right, out book doms will not be happy!

I just got degradation too! Thanks guys! Why does Ripped have to be so much money?!?! Waahh!

I will continue to rave about Song of the Fireflies because I loved it so much and will never forget it! Read it!

Never Never…. Hoover and Fisher!!! What a combination! Can’t wait for that one! And Nobody’s Lost…. Love that series! So exciting!

Tessa December 9, 2014 at 5:54 PM

I don’t think the Kane series would be called dark. Angsty, turmoil, wtf, mind messing… yes. Dark, nope. :P Wicked next. Has anyone touched that one yet?

Oh, and finished it, so yeah, there will be another, but the story is finished. It’s an epilogue to the story.

Fabi December 9, 2014 at 5:57 PM

Ok Jean you convinced me. Song of the Fireflies is now on my Kindle. :-)

Shelly December 9, 2014 at 6:20 PM

Eek! You’re killing me with this list! I’ve already one-clicked Alarm, Ripped, Free Me & Crossover. And now I see several others that are really tempting too!

Tracy December 9, 2014 at 6:57 PM

Lauren – I absolutely loved Carnage and Carnage 2. I don’t want to give anything away but it was the first time in a long time that a book made me cry. It may have been the time of the month but I did have a cry fest. I am glad I read them though.

bev December 9, 2014 at 7:08 PM

I have done way too much one clicking lately. Now I have all these new reads and all I can think of is re reading, lol. After that post I keep thinking of 4 books in particular, 3 by the same author, that I’ve wanted to.re read for years. I think I’m going to finally do it this winter. Hopefully I still like them.
But for now back to Burn for Me.

Kristi December 9, 2014 at 7:21 PM

FYI…Megan Noelle’s Fighting for You is book #2 in that series. It’s not a stand alone.

MichelleS December 9, 2014 at 7:30 PM

I guess I am still in a mood for “forbidden” because “Reason and Romance” sounds tempting – a one night stand with your step brother who is a player and now you can’t stop thinking about him? Am I nuts that this appeals to me?

Jean December 9, 2014 at 7:31 PM

Yay Fabi! I hope you like it!

MichelleS December 9, 2014 at 7:40 PM

Tempting Boundaries is also tempting me…. and Jagged Love….

But none of them are tempting me enough to veer away from the Roam Series. I am now on book six. Back-to-back books!!! Haven’t done that in for-e-ver. Have no idea what I will do when it’s over. I’m in a book fog now.

MichelleS December 9, 2014 at 7:43 PM

Song of the Fireflies? by the author of Edge of Never? I totally missed this! And it’s only 99 cents? and 400 pages? Sounds like a no-brainer one-click to me! Thanks Jean….

Fabi December 9, 2014 at 7:53 PM

Very cool MichelleS. Maybe we can buddy read it since we’re both still finishing up another book.

Lauren December 9, 2014 at 8:03 PM

Last week or maybe it was the week before that…anyway…someone posted a release date for the sequel to It Ain’t Me, Babe by Tillie Cole. I can’t find the post now….so, can anyone tell me when it comes out?

Cheryl December 9, 2014 at 8:21 PM

Still reading thru the list but wondered about Ripped which sounds really good. Does this series have to be read in order, or can I just start with this one?

Cheryl December 9, 2014 at 8:39 PM

Shell, “heart squeeze and standalone” have me one-clicking The Charlotte Chronicles. Saw it was book 1, so thanks for clearing that up- don’t really want to start another unfinished series!! ;)

Cheryl December 9, 2014 at 8:52 PM

One-clicking Natural Love, Last Will and Testament (?standalone I think), I’ll Show you Mine ( I agree Amy)!!

Jean December 9, 2014 at 9:37 PM

Michelles, SOTF is a spinoff from EON/EOA about a couple they met on the beach. And yes, Andrew and Camryn do make an appearance!

Anita December 9, 2014 at 9:41 PM

Hi! So many great releases today! Riley Mackenzie also released a box set of Beautifully Awake and Beauifully Done today. Both of those books are soooooooo good!

I haven’t been able to stop thinking about Chase and Asher! Hot steamy reads with amazing characters and storylines!

Pia December 10, 2014 at 3:05 AM

Another great offer on Amazon is “Foreplay” a box set of 6 books including books by Penelope Ward, Tijan and Lauren Blakely. The box is only 0,99 $. I really LOVE Lauren Blakely – has anyone read her books?

Laura December 10, 2014 at 4:01 AM

But but I’ve read all me recommendations!!! And and ummm ok haven’t really stick to my tbr but u know I’m really blaming that on maryse *points finger* but there’s been to much!!!!

Anna December 10, 2014 at 8:43 AM

Just finished Natural Love- BTW- the taboo isn’t the different social classes, it is that the characters are step-siblings. Lots of tension!

Shell December 10, 2014 at 9:14 AM

Just fished ‘Natural Love’. It was ok, 3 stars for me, may be I am judging it too harsh as I was expecting a lot more from this book.

What read next ?? As I have got a lot to choose from. Any suggestions ladies ??

Jean December 10, 2014 at 9:49 AM

I’m reading Black Lies right now and holy crap…. My head is spinning!!!

Michelle December 10, 2014 at 10:11 AM

YEYYY I was just saying I shouldn’t buy anymore books because my tbr is insane but I got a beautiful gift card for my b-day today and now I’m going to go nuts with the 1-clicking! Definitely getting Ripped, Wicked and Alarm…squeeee love gift cards!

Jean December 10, 2014 at 10:16 AM

Happy birthday Michelle! Don’t spend it all in one shot!

Kay Camden December 10, 2014 at 10:24 AM

Anna, is the step-sibling thing revealed early on in Natural Love? If so that sounds quite interesting…might have to check that one out. But if that was the twist at the end it might make me mad…funny how the timing of that would make a difference but it does. Don’t judge me! lol!

Michelle December 10, 2014 at 10:24 AM

Don’t spend it all in one shot…I do not understand this concept…

Jean December 10, 2014 at 10:28 AM

Lol Michelle….I usually buy myself one thinking it will last the week and it’s gone in one day, especially if it’s a Tuesday! Enjoy your birthday!

Amy December 10, 2014 at 11:44 AM

Happy birthday, Michelle!!!!!! :D Have fun using that gift card…and here’s a birthday cake martini and birthday spanking for you!

What?? It’s only kinky if you make eye contact. *snicker*

Amy December 10, 2014 at 12:00 PM

Oooooh Jean, I remember Black Lies…talk about messing with your head. And ya know, that was good advice for Michelle ’cause being spent in one shot is just no fun. For both parties. :P

Kay, trust me…there’s no judgement here. That’s one of the many reasons why the ladies here are so awesome!!

Hey Laura, be careful who you’re pointing fingers at ’cause you just might catch the attention of Maryse’s Book Dom…and he has a paddle!

Jean December 10, 2014 at 12:17 PM

Lol Amy! Ya know, I always try to analyze my comments before posting thinking how YOU will take them…. And you never fail to surprise me and make me laugh with your twisted sexual innuendos! Love ya!

bev December 10, 2014 at 12:32 PM

Happy Birthday, Michelle!!

Lia December 10, 2014 at 12:51 PM

Great list! Thanks Marise!

Lia December 10, 2014 at 12:57 PM

I’m reading With the Father’ by Jenni Moen
Sounds forbidden!
Laura: Santa from Kindleverse always bring what we want ( lol)

Lia December 10, 2014 at 1:08 PM

Happy Birthday Michelle I wish you a happycakebookday!

Michelle December 10, 2014 at 1:11 PM

Ewww Amy how did I know you would have a comment for that haha. Ooo I’ll take the martini but no spanking…well except in certain situations :P

It’s a hefty gift card (love my friends that know this is the PERFECT gift for me) sooooo I might be able to make it through 2 days with it lol

Amy December 10, 2014 at 1:22 PM

Aw, love ya too, Jean! *squeezes Jean* Hey, we gotta share the love with the birthday girl!! *pulls Michelle into group squeeze* Who else is joining us? I’m just a tad hyped up on coffee and in a lovey-dovey mood…good combo, LOL!!

I started Unlit Star last night, which means I’m actually sticking (for the most part ;) ) to my planned reads. What wizardry is this…

Tessa December 10, 2014 at 1:35 PM

Happy Birthday Michelle!

Kay the step sibling thing is revealed in the first chapter, I think? It’s at the beginning and was in the sample pre-release. :)

Fabi December 10, 2014 at 2:10 PM

Happy bday Michelle! I always spend my gcards in one shot too:-). Trying so hard to resist Ripped (for now).

Tracy December 10, 2014 at 2:36 PM

Happy Birthday Michelle!

Kay Camden December 10, 2014 at 3:34 PM

Ah thanks, Tessa! +1 for my TBR. :)

Cheryl December 10, 2014 at 3:42 PM

Another new release is Blush (Rockstar book 2) the sequel to Falling Down. Sexy rockstar and actress/up & coming rockstar- hot with minimal angst!! ;)

Cheryl December 10, 2014 at 3:45 PM

Happy Birthday Michelle!!!!

*jumps in to group squeeze*

Cheryl December 10, 2014 at 3:46 PM

Amy, Unlit Star….just have to finish Blush and then I’m in *did promise to read it with you- just get the manatee and blankie cave ready*

Shanez Rambharos December 10, 2014 at 3:50 PM

Thank you Maryse… I love nothing better than to see you add new books here… Such anticipation….

donna tanner December 10, 2014 at 5:50 PM

Amy I read unlit star a few months ago and I would love your opinion on this book. I had a few issues with it and I want to see if its just me.

Michelle December 10, 2014 at 5:59 PM

Thank you for the birthday wishes everyone *squeezes extra hard in group hug*

I was good with my card and didn’t blow it in one shot (*snort* yes insert Amy’s comment here). Fabi, Ripped was more expensive than I thought it would be so even with my gift card, I’m holding off on that one. I went with The Charlotte Chronicles, Last Will and Testament, Wicked and Alarm.

donna tanner December 10, 2014 at 6:18 PM

Jean I loved black lies one of my favs for the year that and transcendence

MichelleS December 10, 2014 at 7:00 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICHELLE….. here’s my gift for you…..(hope you “get it”)

Michelle December 10, 2014 at 7:45 PM

Hahahaha I’m dying laughing MichelleS! It’s the ponies from Written in Red! So adorable thank you :D

Amy December 10, 2014 at 9:19 PM

Cheryl, I’ve been pretty busy lately with work and Christmas stuff and not able to read as much as I would like to, so I’ll probably still be working on it when you are ready to join me. ;)

Donna, I’ll definitely let you know what I think when I’m finished! :D

Amy December 10, 2014 at 9:21 PM

OMG ponies…how cute!! Now you just need to find a video for the crows…they were my favorites. ;)

Cheryl December 10, 2014 at 11:54 PM

Amy, I hear you- life has been the same for me. :)

Shelly December 11, 2014 at 7:00 AM

I just one-clicked Falling Down and Blush thanks to Cheryl. They sound good!

Christy December 11, 2014 at 10:26 AM

Hi Maryse~ Thank you so much for adding my new release, unScripted to your list of awesome recommendations! As if my TBR wasn’t already a mile long … it just got even longer! xx Christy

Amy December 11, 2014 at 12:03 PM

I’m about 20% into Unlit Star, and I’m getting vibes that it may be extremely similar to one that I read not long ago that gutted me and that I thoroughly loved. I could be completely off in assuming that it is similar, but I think it’s too soon after the previous one for me to give Unlit Star a fair chance. And I *want* to give it a fair chance. Okay, shelving US for now. :?

Tessa December 11, 2014 at 1:29 PM

Wicked was omg good. Everything you expect from Jennifer Armentrout with extra steam. Only problem is now I have to wait until next summer until the next book. *sighs* Sooo so good! Now, natural love. :-D

Michelle December 11, 2014 at 1:45 PM

Now I’m extra excited to get to Wicked this weekend Tessa! I knew it was going to be a good one and her writing with extra steam is EXACTLY what I wanted more of in some of her other series. Amy are you hearing this – sounds right up your alley too!

donna tanner December 11, 2014 at 2:40 PM

Amy I know exactly what book your talking about which I did not read.

donna tanner December 11, 2014 at 2:42 PM

And I will never read! Hehe

donna tanner December 11, 2014 at 2:54 PM

I am going to click Wicked. I am new to this author and paranormal . Hope this is a good place to start.

Tessa December 11, 2014 at 3:10 PM

*grins* Any who wanted to read JA Huss Tragic, it’s free right now.

Amy December 11, 2014 at 5:28 PM

Michelle, I *do* want to read Wicked especially after what Tessa said! I love Jennifer Armentrout’s books, and she can write some STEAM in her NA books (but at least in her YA PNR, the content makes up for the fade-to-black scenes ;) ). The NA Lux companion book was freaking hot, and so is her Wait For You series. The only reason why I’m holding off on Wicked is because it is the beginning of the series, and I’d rather have a few to read back-to-back. Waiting on the Covenant and Lux books ’bout drove me crazy!

Amy December 11, 2014 at 5:31 PM

Aw come on, Donna…you’ve gotta read the book I mentioned! I’ll even throw in a manatee snuggle if you do. ;) As for Wicked, if you find that you like her writing then you should check out her Covenant series. I have gushed so much about it, as the ladies on here can attest to, and it is one of my absolute favorite YA PNR series. Her Lux series is pretty freaking awesome, too!

Cheryl December 11, 2014 at 6:00 PM

Ok Amy, thanks for the heads up about Unlit Star. I had gotten that vibe from the blurb. I don’t think I’m over that other book either. I’ll wait until after I’ve read a good rom-com book! ;)

Fabi December 11, 2014 at 6:31 PM

NA Lux companion book? What? Where? I love that series!

Amy December 11, 2014 at 7:48 PM

Fabi, it’s called Obsession, and it’s about Hunter who shows up in Opposition. There’s one particular character from Lux who makes an appearance in it, even though he isn’t mentioned by name. ;) And it is definitely NA! *fans self with top*

Fabi December 11, 2014 at 8:17 PM

Thanks Amy. Is it on the publisher’s website? Not on Amazon right?

bev December 11, 2014 at 8:53 PM

Fabi it’s on amazon. It came out last year.

Fabi December 12, 2014 at 7:42 AM

Ok if it’s a published book I already read it. I thought it might be one of those little novellas authors put out there with their series. Thanks. :-)