Latest Paranormal & Contemporary Romance Book Releases – February 10th 2015

by Maryse on February 10, 2015 · 180 comments

Annnnnnnd it’s ready! Quite a few of our favorites are already posted below, plus some amazing looking bargain recommendations, and a few blurbs that gave me that extra *jolt*:

Like:  Volition (<— this just might be my next read… sounds emotionally intense and darkish), The Professional (mob boss/fighter and also from the bargain list), and To the Max (she’s 30-something, pregnant by a gigolo – eek whoops!! And moves in with a pro-stuntman to house sit…) and Blue Persuasion (from the blurb, it almost sounds like it might have the KA-feel) and Riot (rock star that she’s trying to get to love her, and she makes a disastrous mistake…) YAY!!!

Also! KINDLE E-READER SALE! <— HOLY MOLY!!! Amazon is having a Valentines Day sale on all of their Kindle e-readers!! eek SUPER-SALE prices like the ones they had for Black Friday!!!

BUT!!!! I must bring attention once again to THIS latest 5-star read that ruled my day and night! —> My latest favorite is that new release to the right (5 stars for me!!! my review) and as our fellow readers are checking in, they are loving it too! LIKE CRAZY:

Brenda: Maryse I just finished Tight & absolutely loved it.

Maryse: Did you guess right, Brenda? What’s fun about this, is even if you do clue in early… there’s still that other reveal/surprise!

Brenda: Maryse, I had my doubts about Bret, but yeah I did guess right. I loved the twist, suspense & of course the love.

Summer: For the record I guessed wrong. I thought I was so smart and had it all figured out. Nope  :P

Heather: I just finished this afternoon & I had no idea until it slapped me in the face! I literally said out loud, w t f?

Maryse: LOVE when that happens! TWICE!

Shelly: I kind of had a feeling the whole book about one part. Then about halfway through, I changed my mind and had it right. But that at the end…NEVER saw it coming! I just love, love, love Alessandra Torre!!!

Chrissy: Lol I thought I had it figured out but I was wrong. I just finished reading it. Heading to bed now. *sigh*

Annie: loved it, a must read!

StacyL: I absolutely LOVED this book!!!!! So amazing.

Kim: My jaw is still sore from hitting the floor!?!

Maryse: LOL Kim!!?? I KNOW! I NEVER saw that part coming… brilliant!

Kim: I am rarely if ever shocked while reading. WHOA!?! Gotta give this one a 5 too!!

LOL!!! You guys gotta DO IT!!! SO SO SO worth it, AND it’s bargain priced!! And she’s a tried and true author. She’s already made my best of 2013 list AND my best of 2014 list AND ALREADY I know she’s made my best of 2015 list! ROCKS MY WORLD!

Oh!! And for those that love soundtracks, look what was just released today:

P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).

P.P.S. Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).

BARGAINS & READER RECOMMENDATIONS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).

•  Volition by Lily Paradis <— sounds emotionally punishing!!! “Everything lines up so perfectly that you couldn’t have imagined it to work out any better, but then you have to go and do everything humanly possible to ruin it because you can’t stand to have it go right? That’s what I did. I did it because there’s a darkness that surrounds me, and I think I want it there.” Bargain priced, too!! I WANT IT! And Melannie just posted: “Reading “Volition” and OMG LOVING IT. I love everything about it. The last time I felt this way about a book was when I read “The Opportunist” the main character reminds me of Olivia. It’s that good! I’m 57% in! I seriously think you would enjoy this book! It hurts. But it hurts SO good!” <— YAY ME!!!! :D
  • My Heart to Fear by Lulu Astor <— Highly  recommended by one of our fav authors, Aleatha Romig! “Ali instead finds herself in true and profound darkness when she falls under the sway of Eric Damien, a wealthy and powerful businessman whose sterling reputation hides the dark side of the man.” (bargain priced!!)
  • But Now I See by Lulu Astor <— and here is book #2 (and it’s complete!)
  • Battered Hearts Boxed Set by Kele Moon <— I LOVE this MMA FIGHTER series. BIG TIME! Book #1 rocked my world, and #3 I loved even better (#2 was great, too). LOL!!
  • Fear Me (Broken Love Book 1) by B.B. reid <—- Yessss!!! I remember this one’s blur and put it on my TBR list!! And Tessa loved it! She says: “I just finished Fear Me by BB Reid. Omg, good. Scary, freaky, and just good. It’s 99¢, not sure if that’s a deal or regular, but it was gut clenchy. I’m done and still not sure if Keiran is redeemable or not. Soooo good. It does have a CH, but boy… Still loved it.
  • Smoldered (Electric Tunnel Book 2) by Rachel Blaufeld <— Michelle found us this one on bargain-sale saying: “I loved Electrified so can’t wait to get to the second book”
  • Electrified (Electric Tunnel Book 1) by Rachel Blaufeld <— And here’s book #1!! “Sienna captivates crowds nightly at the Electric Tunnel, leaving them wanting to know more about the sensual enigma. But no one ever sees beyond the heavily guarded stripper onstage. She is Sienna Flower 24/7. No one other than her closest friend and boss, Asher Peterson, who helped turn a young and frightened girl into who Sienna is today…
  • The Professional (The Game Maker Series Book 1) by Kresley Cole <— ON SALE!!!! MichelleM loves it! “Maryse, you have to read this one!  It’s so good!  Sevastyan is super-alpha uber-sexy enforcer-dangerous and totally knows how to work every bit of the Dom tendencies he has, but he also has this more vulnerable side that comes out in the way he can’t resist his draw to Natalie or inthe reason he’s so loyal to his Russian mafia boss.  This book is just the beginning of the story and it’s a quick read, but you really get sucked in quickly.” and Lori agrees! “Ex bare knuckle fighter, mafia enforcer and into kink, what’s not to love?” and Kathy loves it too, saying: “I just finished it and read it in one day. The second book in the series is out next week.”
  • A Necessary Sin: The Sin Trilogy: Book I by Georgia Cates <— SUPER-BARGAIN sale price ’cause book #2 was just released!! <— She wants revenge!! “But walking hand in hand with retribution means risking collateral damage, in the form of Breckenridge’s son Sinclair—until Sin becomes so much more than Bleu bargained for.
  • BURNT (The Wild Flames Series Book 1) by Bella Love-Wins <— Jennifer recommends this author! “check out this newer author who is coming up in the ranks. I really enjoy her dirty books.”
  • KINDLE E-READER SALE! <— Paperwhites are back on sale, along with all of their models. YAY!

PARANORMAL:

CONTEMPORARY

MYSTERY ROMANCE/THRILLER

• Obsession in Death by J.D. Robb <— a new one from her HUGELY popular “In Death” series!!! (Here’s the In Death Series Reading Order)
  • Bridged (Callahan & McLane Book 2) by Kendra Elliot
  • The First Wife by Erica Spindler <— “…when Logan brings her home to his horse farm in Louisiana, a magnificent estate on ninety wooded acres, her dreams of happily-ever-after begin to unravel. A tragic family history she knew nothing about surfaces, plus whisperings about the disappearance of his first wife, True, and rumors about the women from the area who have gone missing—and when another woman disappears, all signs point to her husband’s involvement…
  • Dual: A Love Story by James Priest, Christopher J. Priest

ANTHOLOGIES (tons of books all in one, at bargain prices!):

PRE-ORDERS

Tessa February 10, 2015 at 1:26 PM

debbie February 10, 2015 at 2:06 PM

Where The Road Takes Me by Jay McLean is absolutely amazing. It’s a must read for sure.

donna tanner February 10, 2015 at 2:40 PM

I’m clicking Tight because she is brilliant and its not a CH or trilogy.Im getting tired of these stories that just go on and on.

Allison February 10, 2015 at 3:02 PM

Omg! I just finished Kyland by Mia Sheridan. It’s amazing, like seriously 5-star amazing! Every bit as good as Archers Voice. I laughed and cried and yelled at my kindle. It’s a must read! It will definitely be making some best read lists in 2015.

Laura February 10, 2015 at 3:17 PM

I finished craving resurrection and I have to say it’s been my favorite out of the whole series so far and maryse it has a bit of the coming of age thing u were asking about before it starts when she 17 hes 22 so u know kinda taboo but I loved the whole book I would actually say 5* the more I think on it Nicole done good on this one!!!
Now I’m reading claimed by Rebecca zanetti I’m really starting to like this series it’s only book 2 but the series has serious potential were the storylines are going!

Maryse February 10, 2015 at 3:27 PM

You guys are making my one-click finger itch!!!! :P

Amy February 10, 2015 at 3:51 PM

Aw Debbie, that one looks sweet!

Tessa and Donna…I’m not sure but I *think* Maryse is recommending Tight. Ya know, ’cause it seems like she might have liked it a little bit. :P Seriously ladies, it’s fantastic.

So, I happened to come across a book called Sweet Nothing on preorder by Jamie McGuire and Teresa Mummert (from what I remember TM’s White Trash Beautiful was good…been a while since I read it), and it looks so insanely crazy good!! But then I see it’s not out until November. WHAT?!? Fine. Whatever. Then I decide on what I’m reading next (Groupie), and Maryse has to go and put Volition up there! Arrrrgh! *bangs iPad against forehead*

Amy February 10, 2015 at 3:58 PM

Oh! This makes it all better though:

*gasp* That nude lipstick! That gold pigment!! That PALETTE!!!! I haven’t been a Cinderella girl in about three decades but I’ll be one for this collection! :D

Cheryl February 10, 2015 at 4:03 PM

I just finished Tight ( I LOVED it) and I don’t know what to read next. Hard to follow that one.

Clicking on samples to try to decide between: Volition (looks like another dark read); Riot looks good (I read book #1 Mayhem and enjoyed that one); Matched and To the Max (looks funny). And then again there’s always my TBR list. What to read, what to read??!!!

Cheryl February 10, 2015 at 4:03 PM

Allison- Kyland does sound really good, although I am not usually a fan of the high school based H/h story.

Cheryl February 10, 2015 at 4:08 PM

Amy, love the colors. The nude lipstick reminds me of the Urban Decay-Nude lipstick I bought yesterday. Are the pigments eyeshador or eyeliner??

Cheryl February 10, 2015 at 4:08 PM

Eyeshadow not eyeshador!!! ;)

Maryse February 10, 2015 at 4:26 PM

I’m totally on Volition, tonight! I just gotta. :D

Maryse February 10, 2015 at 4:27 PM

Amy.

AMY!!!!

That is neutral perfection!!!!

Paula February 10, 2015 at 4:35 PM

I loved Volition! Dare I say I preferred that to Tight….

I am not one clicking any more……well not today – had a quick look and am resisting as Friday’s list had me clicking like crazy..I must be good. I must be good. I must be good….

Cheryl February 10, 2015 at 4:40 PM

Oh yeh, forgot about Three, Two, One, maybe that’s next??

Lauren February 10, 2015 at 4:47 PM

Those of you who loved Harper Sloan’s Corps Security books, Cohen Cage & Danielle Reid’s story comes out Feb 17….(if you read the books Cage or Axel in the series….these are their kids)

Amy February 10, 2015 at 4:59 PM

Maryse, right?!? I’m putting an alert on my phone for Feb 26…so giddy!!!

Cheryl, pigments are mainly used as shadow (but use over a shadow primer and pat on with a brush, don’t brush it on…trust me, just don’t) but can be used as liner or with water to make a foil look. You can even use them with clear lip gloss! What UD nude lipstick is that? I have UD Revolution lipstick in Naked and Naked 2…is it a different type of lipstick?

I forgot about 3.2.1! But I think I want something a little different from that right now, and after Paula’s comment it’s definitely gonna be Volition! :D

Tessa February 10, 2015 at 5:05 PM

Amy, I think you might be seeing things. Maryse is saying stay away from Tight. All that, OMG and Twists! are just hints warning us away. :-P

All honesty I might do that next. I tried Hero after Fear Me, but angst after eep mode just doest work for me. It’s either rep followed by more rep or followed by romcom. So, more Eepness!

Cheryl February 10, 2015 at 5:26 PM

Amy, it’s the UD Revolution lipstick in Naked, not nude!! I just love it for an everyday neutral look. Also, I bought the Bare Minerals eyeshadow set-The Top Shelf, mixologist/cognac that look similar to the shimmery eyeshadows in the cinderella collection. Love the look of them!!

Thanks for helping me decide, think it’s Volition along with you and Maryse tonight!!!! :)

Maryse February 10, 2015 at 5:30 PM

YAY US!!!!! I’m starting at about 7pm…

Maryse February 10, 2015 at 5:31 PM

LOL Tessa!!! You guys crack me up!

Cheryl February 10, 2015 at 5:38 PM

Amy & Maryse, I just read the foreword in Volition. I’m nervous and scared. Have a feeling this ain’t gonna be pretty!! Amy, have the manatee on stand-by please! ;)

Laura February 10, 2015 at 5:53 PM

Maryse I just read ur post about blood kiss!!!! *happy dance chandler style* yeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

Maryse February 10, 2015 at 5:58 PM

Oh sheeeeesh… I hope the stuffed-manatee had a run through the wash after my last snuffle-fest. Ick. LOL!!! Sorry guys… :P

Jessica M February 10, 2015 at 6:21 PM

Shift by Karina Espinosa was so good!!! The heroine’s witty humor reminded me of Gena Showalter’s writing! so good!

Amy February 10, 2015 at 6:47 PM

*snort* Ya know Tessa, I think you’re right, LOL!!

Cheryl, those colors are sooooo pretty! I love Bareminerals eyeshadows.

Okay, the manatee is bathed and ready to go! No comment on Maryse’s last snuffle-fest…’cause, yeah, mine get pretty icky too. :P That stuffed little guy is a trooper for all the snuffling he has endured from us!

I’m starting Volition in a couple of hours after I make and *devour* supper…it’s taco Tuesday so fish tacos with pan-seared mahi-mahi in corn tortillas topped with lime juice, cilantro and crumbled queso ranchero. O.M.G. I think I’m making supper early tonight. And margaritas…virgin, of course. *snort* Right. ;)

Maryse February 10, 2015 at 7:08 PM

I’m doin’ oven-roasted hot dogs and french fries!! I’d fry the hot dogs but I can’t stand the fry-smell… *sigh*

Amy February 10, 2015 at 7:55 PM

Laura, I’ll bet you look pretty hot doing that dance with your trusty Machalo on, LOL!!!

Shift…that one looks pretty interesting, Jessica. Tossed between the Alpha and Beta wolves?? Holy hotness…my mind is going to some naughty places with that one. :P

Mmmmmm…hot dogs. With chili on top. *drool* And french fries…also with chili on top. Or just good ol’ ketchup and relish. Or saurkraut. Okay, that settles it. I’m going and picking up hot dogs tomorrow. But I’m with ya on that fry-smell. No thanks. Now for supper and then Volition!! :D

bev February 10, 2015 at 8:09 PM

Maryse, I have to ask. Isn’t there a Canadian dish with fries and cheese and gravy? Something like that. I’ve heard people visiting Canada try it and love it. Have you had it and does it taste that good?

Maryse February 10, 2015 at 8:33 PM

Yes bev… it is the most delicious heart-attack food I’ve ever had!!!

It’s called a Poutine, and when I was in college, I ate one every single day. EVERY day. And they are about… ohhh… 1000 calories a serving? Maybe more?

Yah, LOL!!!

Oh… say!! Here’s one. PURE DELICIOUSNESS!!!!! God I want one right now SOOOO bad!

Maryse February 10, 2015 at 8:35 PM

Okay I’m ready for Volition!! :D YAY US!!!

And Amy… they DO make Poutines with Chili instead of the brown chicken-gravy. Yum to that, too!!

Cheryl February 10, 2015 at 9:02 PM

OMG I have a craving for tacos and hot dogs now. Never heard of Poutines, but that definitely looks like a heart attack in a bowl!! ;)

Amy, crumbled queso ranchero???

Now that I’m back from getting my a$$ handed to me at the gym, it’s Volition time!!!

bev February 10, 2015 at 9:54 PM

Yes, that is it. It probably makes a great comfort food.

Laura February 11, 2015 at 3:40 AM

Bev we have that here too it’s chippy chips u know real chips cheese then some bisto gravy it’s amazing yummy!!

Fabi February 11, 2015 at 7:54 AM

Wow, what a list. My fingers are itching to 1-click. I’ve added several to my wish list. But even with using my wish list more, I still seem to be buying more than I’m reading. To me, that just isn’t logical. So I’m revising my New Year’s resolution somewhat and plan on reading at least two books from my tbr before buying a new one. I have some great books there so it shouldn’t be a hardship.

I started Station Eleven last night and it’s gripping right from the very start. After this one, I have to read two from my tbr. Wish me luck sticking to it. :-)

bev February 11, 2015 at 8:40 AM

Lol, Laura. Chippy chips. I know what you mean but if someone here, in US, asked me to grab them some real chips I’d just assume they meant original lays chips.

Fabi. Good Luck!

You guys, you have to watch the 50 recut trailer with Steve Buscemi.

MichelleS February 11, 2015 at 8:53 AM

Fabi – I am almost done with Station Eleven. Life has been busy and haven’t gotten to read as much as I’d prefer. I haven’t bookmarked this many pages in a book in as long as I can remember. I think my husband is sick of hearing me read aloud. It is an amazing piece of work. Not one wasted word. What an interesting way to tell the story, through these oddball, interconnected people. Thank you, Michelle, for this amazing recommendation. Now… out to prep for the apocalypse, because this book got me all worked up!

Next is Tight…. but you guys are already moving on to Volition? Slow down….. I’m getting too far behind!! And I still need to read The Martian!!!

Laura February 11, 2015 at 9:28 AM

*slaps head* I totally forgot u guys call crisps chips!! And lays here are called walkers but they are the same it’s normally lays we get when u go to Spain and what not, man you guys do fries aswell not chippy chips!! And I was at at and American diner we have here at the weekend called steak cattle and roll and they had poutine on the menu and I was wondering what the hell is that now I know!!!! See I learn so much here not just great books!!! Also the link below has a pic of British chippy chips yummy!!

bev February 11, 2015 at 10:36 AM

I think I like calling them chippy chips. I wonder if I’d get odd looks. That diner name made me smile. I was not even thinking that you wouldn’t have lays. Jeez. Lol. *Face meet Palm*

bev February 11, 2015 at 10:43 AM

I remember watching Keeping up Appearances & wondering what a bacon butty was, lol. Though still different than our BLT.

Jean February 11, 2015 at 11:01 AM

I’m 30% into Tight and my expectations are high so hope I’m not disappointed (even though i trust you guys wholeheartedly)! Especially after just finishing 3,2,1 which I seriously loved and can’t stop thinking about!!!!!

Oh and I loved Kyland too even though it was YA which isn’t always my preference. It was sooooo good and I will always immediately 1-click Mia Sheridan’s books!! I wondered why more people weren’t talking about this book?!?!?!

samantha February 11, 2015 at 11:08 AM

Finished Volition and it was seriously SO SO good!!! Loved it!!!

Fabi February 11, 2015 at 11:19 AM

Jean, Kyland has been calling my name and I love Mia. You just cinched it. I have to read Kyland.

Another shout out to MichelleS for recommending 321. I settled on 4.5 stars for it. That’s only because I’m being super picky, otherwise I’d call it a five star read.

Back to Station Eleven…

Amy February 11, 2015 at 11:39 AM

OMG Maryse, I was already thinking Poutines sounded good but that picture just about killed me…I WANT SOME!!! Don’t you ladies miss the days of being able to eat a 1000-calorie dish daily without needing to run 4 miles afterward just to keep your a$$ from expanding?? :? And if any of you don’t have that problem, you just keep on your merry way!!! :P

*snort* And sitting for hours on end reading doesn’t help that problem either, right?

Laura February 11, 2015 at 11:49 AM

Bev we have BLT it’s just bacon lettuce and tomatoes like urs rights? A bacons butty though is just a roll bap (sort of like a burger bun but not?) usually with tomato sauce or brown sauce ooooo do u guys have brown sauce?? Amy a few rolls and bacon will seriously pile the pounds on!!! On the subject of no clue about food what the heck is a corn dog??

Jean February 11, 2015 at 11:56 AM

Lol Amy….so true!

Amy February 11, 2015 at 12:00 PM

LOL Laura!! A corn dog is a hot dog on a stick that’s dipped in batter and fried. So freaking good. Add mustard and ohhhhhh my…

Poutines with chili?? *sigh* I need to take a trip up to Vancouver soon and go dog sledding and get some POUTINES!!!

And I’m loving the names chippy chips and bacon butty!

Amy February 11, 2015 at 12:02 PM

*high fives Jean*

Oh, and Jean…I really think you’re going to love Tight! And if you don’t then you can name a dare for me and I’ll do it. I’ll even take a picture to prove that I did. ;)

bev February 11, 2015 at 12:09 PM

Amy I just want to go somewhere were I can order saying those names.

Laura, we have steak sauce but not sure it’s exactly the same. Yes, definitely mustard with a corn dog. You can find them here at the deli counter in stores. Usually frozen then deep fried. But if you go to a fair then you can find hand dipped then deep fried, lol. Either way good.

Jean, trying to stick to tbr, so have a couple to read first but Kyland is in line.

Amy February 11, 2015 at 12:13 PM

One more thing…Volition? Yeah, I’m loving it so far. And it has some big shoes to fill after reading Tight. The author’s note at the beginning is great in setting up the possibles of what the reader may or may not feel about it.

Samantha, I’m jealous that you’ve already finished it if that makes any sense!

Laura February 11, 2015 at 12:13 PM

Ok it looks like a nicer version of ours which is a sausage supper from the chippy the pic bellow also has a fritter in it mmmmm

Fabi February 11, 2015 at 12:13 PM

omg Amy so freakin true…in fact, starting a new eating/exercise plan today to shed the 10 lbs I gained in the last 12 mos.

Laura a corn dog is a hot dog sausage coated in a thick layer of cornmeal batter. http://media.tumblr.com/0475f09c17eb73050cc4ba64a687d0bc/tumblr_inline_mn6pfon9fk1qz4rgp.jpg

My 10 lbs are directly related to that picture.

Fabi February 11, 2015 at 12:18 PM

yuummm Laura. LOL I’m already hungry and just started today.

Amy February 11, 2015 at 12:24 PM

*snort* That was funny, Fabi. Love you some corn dogs, do ya? Hehe, me too. ;)

Okay Laura, what’s a fritter? Now I’m thinking of warm, gooey apple fritters from the local apple groves around here. That picture you posted reminds me of the tempura-coated hot dogs I saw in Japan. I love tempura but that was just…no.

All this talk of food is making me want to gorge on calorie-laden food. I have *got* to finish my work so I can run to the store and pick up some hot dogs, brats and alllllll the yummy fixins to go with them!! :D

Jean February 11, 2015 at 12:32 PM

OK now I’m foregoing reading Tight at lunch and going to the store for hot dogs for dinner tonight!!!!

Laura February 11, 2015 at 12:36 PM

lol the sausage in my pic isn’t actually a hotdog it’s like a big pork sausage lol a bit different, amy a fritter is just a big bit of potato dipped in batter and deep fried everything in a chippy here is deep fried like deep fried pizza,black pudding, haggis, steak pie and of course Mars bars but that’s just ick!!!
Jean I apologise for any unwanted calories!

Paula February 11, 2015 at 12:51 PM

Battered Mars bars are supposed to be nice but never tried one! Battered sausage, chips and curry sauce from the chippy is amazing!!

Enough food dreaming and back to loving Lawson…

Amy February 11, 2015 at 1:38 PM

I haven’t had a Mars bar in a loooong time…and now I want one!

Paula, how is the Loving Lawson? I have that one and Saving Lawson (.99 each!! :D ) but I can’t remember if I have heard anything about them.

Oh! One more quick thing ladies…Skipping a Beat by by Sarah Pekkanen has dropped from 10.99 to 1.99. It looks like it might be promising, and for 1.99 I’m not passing it up!! The blurb doesn’t say much, but if you scroll down the page there is more of a description given by Booklist and I’m intrigued! Of course, it will have to wait until after Volition. ;)

Amy February 11, 2015 at 1:43 PM

OMG my boss is going to be ticked if I don’t finish my work but I had to pass this along…

Remember Bright Side? Well, Gus will be out in May!! :D

Ya hear that Maryse? I know how Bright Side put you in such a happy place. *snicker* :| Sorry…

bev February 11, 2015 at 2:24 PM

I was thinking apple fritter too and thought that is a different thing to serve with fries. I think the deep fried mars bar sounds good also I’m your mars bar is different than ours.

bev February 11, 2015 at 2:30 PM

Should say named different ours is a milky way.
Now I’m hungry and want to travel, lol. And I do not have the fast metabolism of you ladies.

Jean February 11, 2015 at 2:44 PM

Oh I was wondering about Loving Lawson too. I got those books the other day!

Oh a dare for Amy?? Hmmmm….. this could get interesting!

Laura February 11, 2015 at 3:12 PM

No we have milky ways too and Mars bars I’m not a fan ok chocolate (don’t kill me) I’m more a savoury girl it’s bad!!! Everytime I’m reading a book and it’s based in America and they mention food I don’t know I’m all over Google but couldn’t grasp the hole corn dog thing I can’t think of any other things I wondered about but u know in Scotland we have stuff that’s kinda weird even to English people like square sausage and potato scones and u know irn bru !!!

Paula February 11, 2015 at 3:24 PM

Square sausage is supposed to be amazing but I have yet to try it!

Loving Lawson is good, solid story and keeps you interested. Just started saving Lawson so see how that goes!

Jean February 11, 2015 at 5:00 PM

On a totally different note, there was a book listed here a while ago… The Last Man on Earth by Evangeline Anderson….. it’s been on my wish list and is .99$ today…. looks like great reviews! And really different! (Fabi, I thought of you)! Check it out guys!

donna tanner February 11, 2015 at 5:13 PM

I’m at the 69% page of 321! Please tell me if I am going to be heartbroken so, I can prepare myself.. Loving this creepy raunchy book

Michelle February 11, 2015 at 5:15 PM

All this food talk…dang it it’s bad enough I come here and get book cravings!

MichelleS so happy you loved Station Eleven! It was an easy 5 star for me and I will remember it for a long time! I also bookmarked like crazy – I said it before but I thought the writing was so elegant even lyrical that it just had so many moments I wanted to go back to.

I’m back to my tbr and reading the first Lunar Chronicles book. So far it’s pretty cool and I can see myself going right into the second book.

Tessa February 11, 2015 at 5:19 PM

Did I miss lunch or something?

Fried pizza? For real? Because… pizza is too healthy? That one boggles me as much as fried Twinkies. Now fried artichoke hearts… YUM! I think you all made me hungry!

I went to go read my Tight sample, and got an email from Goodreads with their top 100 romances. (Is The Geisha Memoirs or Gone with the Wind really a romance?) They had one book on their that intrigued me, Dmitry’s Closet. So much potential, and yet, It’s third person and we keep seeing all the secrets from other people’s perspective. And the editing is pretty bad. Enough that I, who normally shrugs it off, is thrown. Especially a romantic scene where he’s supposed to be romantic, she said he got enraged. I went back and thought I missed something. I didn’t know what angered him so much. *sighs* Great story but I want more suspense and just a small clean-up.

Michelle S February 11, 2015 at 5:21 PM

Michelle – “lyrical” is the perfect word…. I just devoured every word, and re-read lines over and over (which is why it’s taking so dang long to read)… to bring so much emotion with such subtle language and action…. I can’t even describe it. This author has some serious talent! 5 stars for sure! It’s also making me consider more reads like this one. I didn’t get enough!!!! Did you read The Martian? Since Sci-Fi (even if it was dystopian) is resonating with me right now, I was thinking about it.

Michelle February 11, 2015 at 5:30 PM

Fall Guy by Liz Reinhardt is .99
Night Angel by Lisa Kessler is .99
Southern Rocker Boy and Enticed by Ginger Voight are .99 each
Assumption: Underground Kings by Aurora Rose Reynolds is .99
His End Game (MMG Series Book 1) by RB Hilliard is .99

Michelle February 11, 2015 at 5:37 PM

I did the same thing going back and rereading parts…it was like I didn’t want to finish so I was savoring it some! Look that’s more food words to describe a book…I need to get out of here before I go get a snack!

No I haven’t read The Martian but it’s on my wishlist. I normally read at least a couple scifi/dystopian books a month. I’ve always been into the genre but it’s refreshing to change it up. Lately, I’ve read a lot of dystopian though since the genre has exploded with all these fabulous books. If you want another, I highly recommend Red Rising…and Golden Son which was even better!

Cheryl February 11, 2015 at 6:05 PM

All this talk of fried food and hot dogs…guess I know what I’m cooking for dinner tonight!!

Amy, yeh that foreword in Volition does set the tone; hmmm…cathartic for the author?

Jean, Tight was great, but I think I’m enjoying (if that’s the right word) Volition more!!! Definitely has me on edge waiting for whatever badness is going to happen.

Fabi February 11, 2015 at 6:26 PM

Jean, I had to 1-click The Last Man on Earth because I love the Kindred Brides (another shout-out to MichelleS). Dang it Jean, my resolution didn’t even last an afternoon. haaa I am so lacking will-power.

Michelle, I am SO jealous you started the Lunar Chronicles. The first one of those is on my special #1′s to read tbr list. Can.not.wait.

MichelleS, I just finished The Martian last week. 5*+ book (no romance and straight up sci fi but awesomely excellent) Movie is being made too. Matt Damon as Mark. Yeaa.

Fabi February 11, 2015 at 6:33 PM

of course, I second Michelle’s suggestion of Red Rising and Golden Son. Sheesh! So many good books.

Michelle, I hear the one you just started is a “blow me away” one too.

omg, WISH I could read several at once and appreciate them all

When I 1-clicked Cinder (Lunar Chronicles 1) I also added the audible recorded book narration. That way, I can read/listen to it non-stop. Yes, I’m pathetic when it comes to all these good books.

Amy February 11, 2015 at 6:36 PM

“and u know irn bru !!!” <—– Laura, you know I love ya and the way you talk but…what the *heck* did you mean there?? LOL!!!

Bev, believe me…I don't have a fast metabolism either, hence why I have to go running and work with a trainer a lot. ;)

Tessa, we have had all kinds of fun talking about food on here! I've heard of Dmitry's Closet before but I don't know a whole lot about it. Looks like I wasn't missing out though…

And now the Michelle's have me interested in Station Eleven again. It has five stars from both so that is really sayin' something!!

Amy February 11, 2015 at 6:43 PM

Jean! Don’t you dare pretend that you don’t like Tight just to get me to do something crazy!! :P

I forgot to answer your question, Cheryl…queso ranchero is a round mexican cheese that crumbles and is so freaking yummy! I break off huge chunks and eat them by themselves which drives my hubby crazy for whatever reason. I’m all done with work and errands and can now dive back into Volition!

Amy February 11, 2015 at 6:45 PM

Fabi, I wish I could do the same thing… :?

bev February 11, 2015 at 9:53 PM

MichelleS let me know if you go with the Martian. I have it out from library and plan on reading it soon.

Hmm it feels like a book club with some of you reading & eating the same thing too.
Ok off to Google square sausage and whatever that is Laura mentioned.

Paula are you from the UK too?

bev February 11, 2015 at 10:00 PM

So the sausage sounds good but when the Google image first popped up I thought it was spam.

Cheryl February 11, 2015 at 11:03 PM

About 40% in reading Volition. My heart hurts… *reaching for Amy’s manatee for a quick hug*

Paula February 12, 2015 at 2:11 AM

Hi Bev

Yes I am from the UK. 40 miles from London but commute in to London every day so I get plenty of time to read!

Laura February 12, 2015 at 3:56 AM

Lol spam is different from square sausage it’s just sausage but square and flat lol and irn bru amy is a fizzy drink made right here is Scotland it’s like a national treasure lol

Fabi February 12, 2015 at 8:00 AM

There’s an interesting discussion on GR about our most read authors. Funny, because I had checked on that myself at the beginning of the year. I have read 40 books by Christine Feehan. Who is your most read author?

It may not be your favorite and you may not have all the books you’ve read cataloged somewhere easy to sort, but as a good estimate, who have you read the most?

MichelleS February 12, 2015 at 8:17 AM

I’m feeling very melancholy. I was so invested in Station Eleven, I started feeling like it was happening to me. What would I miss if our world, as we know it, ended because of a pandemic? There were no zombies. Nothing scary. Just a deep, deep melancholy about all of it. I think I’d miss my Kindle, for sure. And dental care. And all that food you guys keep talking about, because I hate venison, and people always get stuck eating Bambi in the dystopian novels! What? Are cows too fast to catch in the pastures? Did the flu kill them too? And air travel…. I’d never get to see Scotland, Laura! My cousin lived in Glasgow and loved it so much, she stayed. She’s now in England, but was in your beautiful country for years. Yea. That’s what I’d miss. Not your square sausage (even though it probably fits better on the bread).

Ok. Now on to Tight!!! Can’t wait.

Paula February 12, 2015 at 8:37 AM

Finished Saving Lawson and loved it – worth reading both of them. 4* read for me

Michelle February 12, 2015 at 10:38 AM

I was sad after reading MichelleS and it really made me think about the what if too, especially since this scenario is plausible in many ways. I also was left with a sense of hope though that a disease like that may eradicate many human lives but not humanity. ‘Survival is insufficient’ really simply sums it up.

Fabi, I finished Cinder in one sitting last night…absolutely could not go to sleep until I finished! You have to…really have to…read it asap! It is so up your alley, and mine for that matter, that I really feel stupid that I let it sit in my tbr for so long. I’m going right into Scarlet tonight. Oh MichelleS you would like this series too…it’s a dystopian fairytale with a punch of scifi…hard to describe but so uniquely awesome!

bev February 12, 2015 at 10:50 AM

I read Cinder when it first came out, hard to miss cover. Now some coffee and a chapter of Magic Bites before work. Should of finished by now, so good.

bev February 12, 2015 at 10:55 AM

Hi, Paula. I hope it is by train. Coming into London by train just seems perfect.

Paula February 12, 2015 at 10:57 AM

Hi Bev, it is by train and because it is during rush hour it is not always perfect! But at least I get to sit there and read! Even use the app on my phone to read on the tube!

Fabi February 12, 2015 at 11:46 AM

It will be my very next read Michelle. I don’t know why I’ve waited so long either. :-(

Jean February 12, 2015 at 12:49 PM

Finished Tight today and absolutely loved it! Now, after reading 3, 2, 1 and Tight, I don’t know what the heck to read next! Both fantastic books!

Michelle S February 12, 2015 at 12:52 PM

Just One-Clicked Cinder, the Lunar Chronicles Book 1. Looks so good! Thanks, Michelle. Dang it…. now what do I read next? Cinder? Tight? The Martian? Red Rising? Volition? ….. chewing nails to the quick……

Amy February 12, 2015 at 1:07 PM

Hmmmm…I don’t know if the writing style of Volition is the deliberate part that the author mentioned in her foreward or if this is just how she writes. I love when an author uses lean prose, but this is feeling choppy to me. *That* is where I’m struggling a bit because I don’t know if the choppiness is deliberate or not. I keep thinking, “Wait, what??” after reading something, then I have to go back and reread it a few times before it makes sense. It’s either A) it is supposed to read that way, B) this is how she writes and I’m just used to a different…caliber, or C) I’m not the sharpest knife in our little book-obssessed drawer (bite your tongue, peanut gallery!) and I’m. Just. Not. Getting. It.

*sigh* This isn’t – to me at least – like reading a Tarryn Fisher book and having my mind completely messed with (who else could write about a character taking the dedication page of a book and folding it into a tiny square and then eating it…and the scene actually works!). Maybe I’m letting the style distract me from the actual story? Or maybe that is the goal of the author? Wow. Listen to me trying to analyze it and thinking I sound like I make sense. *snort* I’m holding out hope though that things are going to click soon and I’ll realize that all of this was necessary for the full impact of the story. I would LOVE if that happened! :D

Amy February 12, 2015 at 1:09 PM

Yay Jean!! I’m glad you liked it! And now I don’t have to do something crazy. ;)

Jean February 12, 2015 at 1:25 PM

Damn, I know and I had a dare all ready for you! To read The Life of Anna books by Marissa Honeycutt! They are dark, erotic, mindf&$kery, with a splash of paranormal. Not for the lighthearted and 4th book comes out tomorrow!

Michelle February 12, 2015 at 1:41 PM

Yesss Fabi it’s so good! What are you thinking of Station Eleven?

MichelleS, I dunno that’s a hard list to pick from but glad you got Cinder!

Hmm Volition still sounds like a maybe for me. I did get her other book when it was free, Ignite, but haven’t tried it yet.

Amy February 12, 2015 at 1:44 PM

“dark, erotic, mindf&$kery, with a splash of paranormal”

Titillating!!!! :D

Amy February 12, 2015 at 1:46 PM

Michelle, don’t let my word vomit about Volition dissuade you. ;)

Jessica M February 12, 2015 at 1:52 PM

@April. Shift is more sexual tension than actual sexy times But it is super interesting!

Michelle February 12, 2015 at 2:05 PM

Aww but I enjoy your word vomit Amy ;) No I’m not dissuaded but might not grab it right this minute to read. Oh and I read the comment about Tight and I totally teared up with the SUV scene. Brett and his vulnerability hooked me completely!

Tessa February 12, 2015 at 2:05 PM

Jean, Life of Anna is on my tbr! I think I got it due to the blurb? Not sure, but you just moved it up the list big time.

Fabi February 12, 2015 at 2:06 PM

Michelle I’m still really early on Station Eleven. I’m finding it a bit creepy this early. Also, *cue the rotten tomatoes* I really don’t like Shakespeare. All the refenrences and quotes make me feel like I’m slogging through swamp water. Shakespeare and I have never gotten along. I’m just trying to read past this early part to get to the apocalyptic story I know is in there.

Jean February 12, 2015 at 2:09 PM

Yes Tessa, I really like it! Some parts are hard to take but it is so different that it’s not something your will forget. Like I said not for the lighthearted. Reading it with 2 friends and we are so anxious for tomorrow release!

Michelle February 12, 2015 at 2:44 PM

Addicted to You by Krista Ritchie is FREE
Impulsion: A Station 32 Fireman Novel is FREE
Drowning in Rapture by Megan D Martin is FREE (Books 2 & 3 are .99)
One to Hold by Tia Louise is FREE
Pierced by Sydney Landon is FREE
Shiftless by Aimee Easterling is FREE
Craving Redemption (The Aces Book 2) by Nicole Jacquelyn is .99
Wreck Me (Breaking Nova Book 4) by Jessica Sorensen is .99
Until We Fly (Beautifully Broken Book 4) by Courtney Cole is .99
Elias (West Bend Saints Book 1) by Sabrina Paige is .99 (Silas Book 2 is .99)
SEAL the Deal by Kate Aster is .99
Once Upon a Time (A Broken Fairy Tale Book 1) by SK Hartley is .99
The Miles Between Us: Jackson Falls Book 6 by Laurie Breton is .99
Then You Happened by Sandi Lynn is .99
Lucky Numbers by Kelly Gendron is .99
Flawed by Kate Avelynn is .99
Written on Her Heart by Paige Rion is .99
Bound to You Boxed Set by Vanessa Booke is .99

Laura February 12, 2015 at 2:46 PM

MichelleS yes it does fit on the bread better lol and to be honest it isn’t actually completely square shape lol!!! U see I would love to go to the states I’ve been to Florida but I was only about 13 and that was for Disneyland and I’ve been to Canada but again was only about 12 I have family there but I think that’s what I like about books it just seems so different there dreamlike it’s weird how wherever u live u always have a dream to live somewhere else
Anyway back to the books!! Have u guys read the dark predetors series by Rebecca zanetti? It’s so good! I read some reviews on the 1st and it wasn’t that good but I have it a go anyway and it was ok not great but I stuck with it and I’m on book 4 now and it’s actually amazing! It’s a series u would all like I know it’s about shifters vampires and witches and the whole royal family an mates thing but has a real different story like goin on they are at war and stuff oh just read it it’s to much to explain lol

Michelle February 12, 2015 at 2:50 PM

It’s setting a tone Fabi and ties into the livelihood of some of the characters later on but don’t get too stuck on it. The story as you guessed goes from what you could say as cultured to cultureless and possibly meandering back again. I’m not a huge fan of Shakespeare but it has a purpose I promise.

Jean February 12, 2015 at 3:18 PM

Thank you Michelle! I picked up Wreck Me and Until We Fly! You are helping me complete my series when these books go on sale! Thanks for saving me money!

Nicole H February 12, 2015 at 3:48 PM

Loved Blue Persuassion it is an amazing book and the sex scenes are off the charts!!! I also loved Matched by SE Hall and ANGELA Graham it was an addictive book!!

Tessa February 12, 2015 at 4:30 PM

Laura, I love the Dark Protector series. I liked the first one, but a lot of it was setting up. The next one I need to read is five. It’s in my TBR waiting for my next pnr mood.

I’ll trade you, though. I want to visit England so badly, especially to tour Warwick castle. We’ll trade. I go there, and you can come here to California. It’s sunny and warm today… *dangles 70 degree temp* (Thus the drought)

ERM… When little dude can leave the house overnight without fear, anyway.

MichelleS February 12, 2015 at 6:48 PM

“They are dark, erotic, mindf&$kery, with a splash of paranormal”…. so… just up my alley! Best quote ever!! LOL. I am looking them up just because of that quote.

I have decided to read one chapter each of Tight and Lunar Chronicles, and we’ll just see what grabs me.

Quick question, since I saw the Sylvia Day interview up there. I started and quickly abandoned book 4 in Crossfire (or was it book 3? whatever just came out a month or so ago?). Is it worth going back and finishing? I feel so guilty… especially after I saw her pic up there. I loved Gideon so much in books one and two!

MichelleS February 12, 2015 at 6:51 PM

OMG. The “dark erotic mindf&$kery is FREE… book one. Just one-clicked. Thank you Jean!

Fabi February 12, 2015 at 6:52 PM

This is totally random, but since we’ve mentioned Red Rising & Golden Son as well as The Martian and some dystopians, I have to bring up Peter Brett’s Demon Cycle. The first book is The Warded Man. This is wild, high fantasy with a little romance thrown in later in the story. It rates right up there with Red Rising and The Martian.

Amy February 12, 2015 at 7:40 PM

Oh! Are we talking about food again?? *jumps uninvited into group* Beni imo ice cream from Japan!!! Beni imo is a purple Japanese yam/sweet potato, and as odd as it sounds to be in an ice cream it was actually soooo yummy and sweet. They make pastries out of it (freaking delicious), and I even found beni imo Kit-Kats!

I went to go and click the FREE Life of Anna book, and apparently I *bought* it and the second one at some point. No freebie for me. :( But Jean’s description just pushed it up on my TBR pile…you used magic words, Jean. Magic words. ;)

Amy February 12, 2015 at 7:59 PM

I went to check out Blue Persuasion, and the book My Body-His popped up below it in the “customers also bought” section…that cover!!!

*fanning self*

Daaaaaaang… :P

Nicole, how are the previous books in that series?

Gaby February 12, 2015 at 8:10 PM

Below the Belt. Hottest cover. Latin MMA fighter. Funny accent. Great story
Loved it

Michelle February 12, 2015 at 8:29 PM

Burnt (The Wild Flames Series Book 1) by Bella Love-Wins is FREE (rec from main post above)
Hunted (Brides of the Kindred Book 2) by Evangeline Anderson is .99
Inferno Motorcycle Club Books 1-3 by Sabrina Paige are .99 each
Graveminder by Melissa Marr is 1.99
Hourglass by KS Smith is .99

Thanks for the mention of The Life of Anna freebie Jean, looks good!

Fabi, I have that one on my wishlist but it hasn’t gone down in price at all since I’ve been watching it :(

Oh and Anne Bishop has an excerpt from Vision in Silver up on her site SQUEEE I can’t wait!

Fabi February 12, 2015 at 9:09 PM

Michelle I keep adding these freebies to my Kindle but I just don’t see when I’ll ever get to so many of them. Lol good problem to have

The Warded Man is about 600 pages if I remember correctly. I doubt the price is going to go too low. Plus it’s with a publishing company and its sci fi, all things pointing to price not dropping too much. I think my copy is on audible otherwise I’d see if it’s lendable. This might be a good choice for a library lend. :-)

Lucky you. You can get through a lot of these books. I just feel overwhelmed that I have so many I want to read and new ones popping up all the time.

You guys are going to think I’m crazy but I have a conference in LV next week and instead of living up the night life I’m hoping to get in some extra reading time in the evenings. <— pathetic I know

Cheryl February 12, 2015 at 10:11 PM

Amy, I get what you’re saying about Volition. I think I started the book with a certain mindset because of the author’s foreword. I’m ok with the writing, it’s the overall tone of the book that gets to me when I sit back and think about it. How many characters can be so dark and why; Colin, Caspar, Tate and even Jesse. I think it reads as choppy because there is so much dialogue and Tate has such “chopped (messed) up feelings.” If that makes any sense. I’m liking it, but I know when I’m done I’ll be ready for something a little more lighthearted after also just reading Tight.

Amy February 12, 2015 at 10:54 PM

Ya know what, Cheryl? I think I’m getting it now. Not the whole choppiness thing but what is happening in the story. And if I’m right in what I think is going on, it’s gonna get rough.

Shirley February 12, 2015 at 11:30 PM

Just finished Volition and I dont know how I feel about this book, especially Tate. Wow! what a character but I guess thats what the author was aiming for- pretty crazy!! Im anxious to see what Maryse and others think about this book.

Laura February 13, 2015 at 4:03 AM

Oh yes tessa I would so swap!!! But I’m so n glasgow so if we did the whole the holiday thing and swapped homes u would have a bit to travel lol

Cheryl February 13, 2015 at 8:03 AM

Amy, “get rough” I thought it already was rough. I have such an overwhelming sense of melancholy while reading it!

Jean February 13, 2015 at 8:12 AM

Just remember, I warned you about The Life of Anna. Some parts are hard to handle. The author even has a warning…..”just when you thought it couldn’t get any darker, it does…” I am really liking it!

MichelleS February 13, 2015 at 8:45 AM

I had a plan. I blew it. I was going to read at least one chapter in several books and choose what grabs me. I started with Tight.

never got to the other books. It grabbed me from page one. I only got to 28% last night, but, I just want to say one thing. This author knows how to write a steamy love scene. I am pretty sure I was squirming on the couch last night. She puts in the right details. Graphic does not mean sexy, unless it’s done with some finesse. She managed that!!! I skip over so many love scenes now-a-days. It was nice to get to read one and get that feeling again (here comes Amy…..).

Jean February 13, 2015 at 9:21 AM

…”squirming on the couch”…..lol! I totally agree MichelleS about the love scenes… I tend to skip too, but not in this book!! Soooo good!!

Amy February 13, 2015 at 11:26 AM

OMG, Tight turned MichelleS into a wiggle-worm on her couch!!!! Hey, hey…I have another example for tight like the ones at the beginning of each chapter:

tight: (adj.) so close in structure as to prevent passage or escape (as of LIQUID [*snort*], gas or light) <——– MichelleS's legs while she's reading Tight, LOL!!! :P

Jean February 13, 2015 at 11:31 AM

Omg Amy! I am cracking up at my desk right now! So funny!!!!

Amy February 13, 2015 at 11:44 AM

Hey, how did that last part get underlined?!?

Jean, did you ever read Her Master’s Courtesan? It’s banned from Amazon, and I’m not sure if it’s available on B&N or not. Anyways, that book messed me up something awful. Like in-the-fetal-position-in-the-corner type of thing. Especially a scene in the kitchen with a “tail” for her *shudder* and a bowl of food. After that one, I *should* be okay with TLOA…and it does sound good! :D

Jean February 13, 2015 at 12:12 PM

I downloaded HMC on my Nook (which I never use) after it was banned from Amazon…. just had to have it! But haven’t read it yet!

Cheryl February 13, 2015 at 1:18 PM

Amy, *snorting and shaking head* ;)

Amy February 13, 2015 at 1:40 PM

Have a few shots before you read HMC…Jaeger is always a trusty one. ;)

Cheryl, it wasn’t what I thought was going on in Volition so it wasn’t rough or anything. And, no surprise, I was disappointed. *snicker*

Amy February 13, 2015 at 1:41 PM

Okay, Volition. It was good, but I didn’t feel as much as I hoped to because I just needed…more. It was a lot of telling me how she felt about Jesse but no interactions or memories or scenes to back it up, so I was pretty much “meh” about him. Even with Jasmine…it was more Tate’s perception with nothing really to back it up. That’s why I was wondering at one point if Tate maybe had some sort of issue where she perceived situations or her interactions and relationships with others as different than they actually were. You know, like a distorted reality?

Other than that I liked it. Tate was a hot mess, but I loved her for it. I actually like MCs that are a mess like that. Yeah, go figure. ;) And Hayden…now THAT relationship was shown instead of told. He was so patient and understanding and loving, and all I kept thinking was, “Don’t hurt him!” The ending was bittersweet, I just wish I would have had more feelings for and attachment to Jesse.

Michelle February 13, 2015 at 5:48 PM

Silent Whisper by Andrea Smith is FREE
Hourglass by KS Smith is FREE
Wereleper by Dina Haynes is FREE
Knight Shift by Paulette Miller is FREE
Within the Shadows by Julieanne Lynch is FREE
Wildalone by Krassi Zourkova is 1.99 (looks interesting!)
Jacked by Tina Reber is 1.99 (another one that looks good!)
Elemental Mysteries Books 2-4 by Elizabeth Hunter are 1.99
Things Lost in The Fire by Katie Jennings is .99
Stupid Girl by Cindy Miles is .99
Hey There Delilah… by MD Saperstein is .99
One to Love (One to Hold Book 4) by Tia Louise is .99
Alaskan Fire (Guardians of the First Realm Book 1) by Sara King is .99

bev February 14, 2015 at 12:01 AM

Heroes and Heartbreakers is trying to determine the swooniest couple. This is the first round of voting and some of it is hard, like Maddie/Christian vs. Derek/Sara.
Reader, I married him. Oh, that line and this book, love, pure love.
Anyway it’s fun & cute. Try to link if you want to go vote.

bev February 14, 2015 at 12:04 AM

Michelle, I will now have Hey There Delilah in my head the rest of the weekend, lol.

bev February 14, 2015 at 12:09 AM

Oh my I just scrolled up and have the giggles. Amy’s comment on MichelleS is underlined and red like its going to link to something about Michelle’s legs. Seriously, in tears right now.

Cheryl February 14, 2015 at 12:48 AM

Amy, I’m not entirely sure how I feel about Volition, having just finished it. Like I said earlier, I felt melancholy and on edge most of the time; I kept waiting for the “event.” I did like it and at times maybe even loved it (probably at the beginning) and at times I didn’t like it (Tate’s constant neurotic behavior and thoughts). Loved Hayden, and wish the epilogue was more about the main characters.

Now maybe something more light-hearted. :)

MichelleS February 14, 2015 at 9:58 AM

Bev – I tried clicking on her “link” a couple of times myself. I made it to her friend’s wedding, in Tight. I think I figured out how this will play out, but we shall see. I am already thinking about my next read, which means I was probably in the mood for fantasy or PNR or maybe that “mind fuc$ery with a splash of paranormal” that Jean had mentioned. It messed with my head!

Tessa February 14, 2015 at 12:00 PM

*snags manatee, sniffling* I just finished Flawed and I’m not sure how I feel about it other than sad. I liked it, but… Sad. I’m so glad I have Completion to read. Satan and Tate should cheer me up with their nutty HEA.

Amy February 14, 2015 at 12:08 PM

Tessa…Satan?!?!? WTH??

Tessa February 14, 2015 at 1:05 PM

You haven’t read the Kane trilogy? I thought you had. That’s Tate’s nickname for Jameson. :-) It works for them. And Completion is just a bunch of HEA moments. It’s needed after Flawed. *hands back shuffled manatee* Uh, you might need to wash that.

Amy February 14, 2015 at 1:10 PM

I have *no* idea how that part ended up looking like a link, lol!!

Bev, google Hey There Chlamydia…it is set to the music of Hey There Delilah and is so funny!

I know, Cheryl…were you a tad let down by the “event”? When she told him “You broke me” and he said “You broke me first”, I was expecting some devastating, heartbreaking stuff to have happened, but by the end I was wondering what I missed. :?

Amy February 14, 2015 at 1:19 PM

LOL Tessa, did ya snuffle on him? That’s okay, he used to it by now. ;) Was it Flawed by Kate Avelynn? If so then I know what you mean. That book kicked me in the gut at the end. I sat there after I finished it for like five minutes and kept thinking, “did that just really happen??” Yep, the word sad just about sums it up.

And nope, haven’t read the Kane trilogy. I seriously thought you had an autocorrect mistake when I saw “Satan”, lol!

Amy February 14, 2015 at 1:25 PM

MichelleS, I couldn’t resist that dictionary definition after your squirming comment. :P After I saw how it was underlined, I freaked out for a second and was afraid I had actually linked something!

bev February 14, 2015 at 2:09 PM

Amy & MichelleS it still makes me giggle. Hmm, maybe Maryse was like ” I’ll just underline this bit about MichelleS legs.”
Amy listened to the parody, that was funny. Especially now he will use protection.

Tessa February 14, 2015 at 2:15 PM

Yeah, snuffle. *grins* The Kate Avelynn Flawed. OMG, that was a wtf ending. I wasn’t expecting that, honestly. I’m still not sure how I feel about James. Just… ugh.

Nope on the Kane trilogy, no auto-correct. His nickname is seriously Satan. *grins* It fits totally! No more books, so no CH. Go read it, seriously!

Michelle February 14, 2015 at 2:57 PM

Even the Moon Has Scars by Steph Campbell is .99
The Merchant’s Daughter by Melanie Dickerson is 1.99
Inescapable Desire (The Savannah Series Book 2) by Danielle Jamie is .99
Breaking Braydon by MK Harkins is .99
Eight Days a Week by Amber L Johnson is .99

Amy February 14, 2015 at 3:27 PM

Tessa, I just checked and I already have Degradation. :D Yeah, I was blindsided at the end of Flawed. And kinda gutted. Have you read Forbidden? When I first heard about it, I was a little repulsed and figured I would never read it. Then my curiosity got the better of me, so I read it and ohhhhhh…I loved it even though it thoroughly crushed me. I kept thinking I shouldn’t want that for them, but with their situation (especially Lochie…oh my heart) it was so easy to understand how it happened. Then it kicked my heart’s a$$.

Now, Love’s Forbidden Flower is a different story (no pun intended :P ). I was hoping it would give me the same feels, but I just felt icky while reading it. Like I needed to wash the ick off. Nuh-uh, that book just didn’t work like Forbidden did.

Amy February 14, 2015 at 3:30 PM

Thanks Michelle!

Tessa February 14, 2015 at 3:35 PM

Forbidden kinda worries me. I’m worried of getting that uck feeling. I kinda figured I wouldn’t get the uck with Flawed, and I didn’t. I just felt bad for all three of them. Then that end, *sighs* Gutted. So Forbidden won’t have me going ick? I’ll hold off until I’m prepared for it. *reads her happy HEA book*

Watch happy will segue into happy pnr, which will get me to forbinnery mind messery pnr. I hope. I read the first two? Three? chapters and wow. I’ll like it when my mood hits, at least.

Paula February 14, 2015 at 3:39 PM

Forbidden does not give you the ick feeling but as Amy says it does rip your heart. I went to take a look at Flawed and see that I already have it – this happens to me so many times! I also see I have the boy who sneaks through my bedroom window so think I will give that a go and then try Flawed….Just read completion – what a wonderful epilogue to the series so sad it is over

Tessa February 14, 2015 at 3:40 PM

Thanks Michelle!

Amy February 14, 2015 at 3:59 PM

Did you see Jean’s description of The Life of Anna? I think it will be perfect for when you reach the mind-messery PNR mood. ;) And just like Paula said, Forbidden doesn’t give you the ick feeling which was a big surprise for me. Just give it a try. Well, not so soon after Flawed but soon. Oh, and Maryse reviewed it but avoid the comments so nothing is spoiled for you.

Paula, Boy Who Sneaks In My Bedroom Window…I don’t remember a whole lot about it but I do remember I liked it. I’m gonna bathe my little stuffed manatee (Tessa snuffled on him *giggle*) and then he’ll be ready for you when you finish Flawed. ;)

Michelle February 14, 2015 at 4:25 PM

One more on sale today only:

Matched by Angela Graham is .99

I will post if I see more good sales. I’ve stocked up on quite a few books. I might go with the Touchstone The Story of Us Trilogy books on sale above. They are grabbing my attention for some reason. Need to finish up Cress book 3 of the Lunar Chronicles first though.

Tessa, I picked up Flawed too but unfortunately I read a review that spoiled the ending! I also have all the Kane Trilogy books now and could read those instead…

bev February 14, 2015 at 4:41 PM

Oh, hey, Happy Valentines Day!
&
Happy Belated Galentines Day!

Paula February 14, 2015 at 5:04 PM

Michelle – the Kane trilogy books are great!

Tessa February 14, 2015 at 5:24 PM

I did get Life of Anna. That’s the one I read only two or three chapters and realized I wasn’t in the mood, since the story was so interesting so far. However, when you stop and can’t handle the eep, it’s not time to read it.

Ah, Michelle. That evil reviewer. It really was good, just… yeah. Totally not sure how I feel after. Definitely not ick, but heartsick and just… It was really good.

Read the Kane trilogy! Those two are so messed up, it’s… it’s… Seriously, his nickname is Satan for a reason! Heck, I’m reading the HEA and they are still messed up, but seriously happy together.

Tessa February 14, 2015 at 5:27 PM

Happy Valentine’s Day to you too!

Michelle February 14, 2015 at 6:07 PM

Ha! Well how could I pass that up…reading about a guy nicknamed Satan!?? No, so many people are saying they are great so I’m on it after I finish my current read. And they are complete so that’s fulfulling my minimal CH/partial series new rule :)

MichelleS February 15, 2015 at 9:29 AM

I went right into Life of Anna, after Tight. Man, oh man. Mind fuc$ery is right! So, I should say that based on what you don’t like to read in books, Fabi, stay away from this one. I treat my dog better than she is getting treated. And Jean…. the piercings are freaking me out a little. I have this image burned in my head now. This book is so whacked. Talk about dark. Do you remember watching Eyes Wide Shut with Tom cruise and thinking, “what the heck is this?”, but you kept watching? This book is like that. YOu just keep reading even when you should be totally turned off.

Jean February 15, 2015 at 10:32 AM

Yes MichelleS, it’s like a bad accident you just can’t look away from. So dark and disturbing!! Haven’t read anything else like it.

Jean February 15, 2015 at 10:57 AM

In fact, I finished the 4th Life of Anna last night and was so disturbed. Honestly I don’t even know how I made it through , but I wanted answers. So, this morning, started Checkmate (Neighbor From Hell series) because I NEED this kind of genre right now….. lighthearted and funny!

Amy February 15, 2015 at 1:45 PM

Oh man, now I’m actually nervous about reading the LoA series… :?

bev February 15, 2015 at 5:57 PM

Jean, in Kyland, the Christmas gift from Buster! “Wow, Buster. This is …very…romantic.” Oh my, lol.

Maryse February 15, 2015 at 6:37 PM

I ned to read Kyland

Jean February 15, 2015 at 7:09 PM

Yep..too funny! Are you liking it bev?

Jean February 15, 2015 at 7:11 PM

Yes Maryse, I think you will love it!

bev February 15, 2015 at 7:51 PM

Jean, I am a lot. The author is definitely showing and not telling who the two of them are and letting me see why they would become friends and maybe more. Also, I enjoy scenes like the book club, lol, and Christmas.
I’m worried too because of what they are both working for and how that may resolve itself.
Have you read Eleanor and Park, Jean? I think you may like it. Though different there is a similar feel.

bev February 15, 2015 at 7:56 PM

Maryse, definitely need to try it. Almost to 50% and really hoping that the second half is as good.

Paula February 16, 2015 at 2:54 PM

Amy – finished Flawed. It didn’t have the emotional connection for me that a lot of other books had, no lump in the throat or trying to hold back the tears. Probably a 3* read for me

Jean February 16, 2015 at 3:05 PM

Bev, haven’t read Eleanor and Park yet, but have heard great things about it!!!!

Amy February 16, 2015 at 3:05 PM

Aw Paula, that’s too bad. :( But I do understand it. I’ve read books where the reviews on Amazon had me thinking I was going to be sobbing so I read it and…nothing. Crazy how we all connect – or don’t – with certain books and others feel so different about them. I *think* Maryse was kinda meh about Flawed like you (I would have to double check her review), but I felt like my chest was kicked in, like Tessa. Let me know what you think about Boy Who Sneaks In My Bedroom Window, ‘kay? ;)

Amy February 16, 2015 at 3:10 PM

Jean, Eleanor and Park is such a sweet and heartfelt book! Park’s mom cracked me up and annoyed me at the same time (but mostly cracked me up), but her reaction after seeing Eleanor with her family at the grocery store endeared her to me. I just wanted to wrap Eleanor in a big squeezy hug and make it all better for her.

Paula February 16, 2015 at 3:19 PM

Amy – I enjoyed the Boy who sneaks in my bedroom window – was not too heavy and had a lovely HEA! Going to give recklessly his a go now…purchased purely for the cover!!

Jean February 16, 2015 at 3:23 PM

I have to check it out! I feel like we somewhat all lost touch with each other this weekend without Maryse’s Bargain list on Friday….lol!

I am in a reading funk. After 4 great books… Beautiful Obsession, Beautiful Oblivion. 3 2 1 and Tight, I’m struggling to find another great one! After LoA, I need some sweet romance or fun, so I’m reading Checkmate and it’s just meh….. Any suggestions? I still haven’t read Sweet Gum Tree, Hopeless, Living Mr Daniels…. I want a beautiful romance that will make me swoon (and hopefully one I already have downloaded)!

bev February 16, 2015 at 3:33 PM

Jean, Maryse put up a Saturday post, instead. Hopeless & SGT are both great. I have but have not read Loving Mr. Daniels. If I remember correctly it was the one that had Maryse doing a Maria impression.

Amy, so much sweetness and sadness in E&P. Yet, it left me with such a good feeling when I was done
I would love to be able to revisit them.

Fabi February 16, 2015 at 4:23 PM

Jean, Loving Mr. Daniels is great. As good as, if not better than, Slammed. Or my freebie above if you’re in the mood for YA. Gah , don’t get me going on recs, I get too hog wild crazy with them.

Amy February 16, 2015 at 6:22 PM

Paula, that Recklessly His cover… *fanning self*

Jean, you know I absolutely *love* SGT but it is very heavy on emotion, particularly one part that will blindside you with a kick to the heart. I would recommend Hopeless (biting my tongue about you not reading it yet!) ’cause it has some great steam and a nice little twist and – the biggest reason – it’s Colleen Hoover!!! But there is some heavy stuff in the last part so keep that in mind. :D Also, I’m with Fabi about Loving Mr. Daniels. Either one of those will give you some swooning. ;)

Amy February 16, 2015 at 6:25 PM

That’s a perfect way to describe E&P, Bev! Did you hear it was optioned for film? I hope they don’t muck it up. :?