Latest Paranormal & Contemporary Romance Book Releases – February 24th 2015

by Maryse on February 24, 2015 · 143 comments

Okay it’s complete! Unless of course you find another, and I’ll add it in. :) Oh and…

<— I’m just gonna leave this right… here. ;) *holds hands up to ears* *giggle* The squeeing!

P.S. I found a few that are pushing my TBR-list buttons like: Thoughtful (Kellan Kyle, that’s why!) String Bridge (this one made a few of our fellow readers hurt…), Haunted Love (this one feels like it needs to be my next one. She’s allowed to come back after being murdered to say goodbye to her loved ones and then falls in love…!!! Whaaaaa?)!! and Prodigal Son (sounds like a psych-thriller – twins, who’s good, who’s bad?), By Any Other Name (both from opposing mafia families, and they fall in love…), Fighting Silence (I LOVE this author, I LOVE fighters, and I love the reviews I’m hearing… some are saying her best one yet!), Ice Steam (I loved this author’s other famous-guy angsty-romance book and this sounds like it’ll give me a run for my money!), VOID (an escort that seems as if she hates life, and can’t feel until one new client…), and quite a few more. This list has some excellent-sounding reads, so I noted a bunch below.

Oh and!!! Speaking of Kellan Kyle, look what’s up for pre-order!! Griffin’s book —> Untamed (A Thoughtless Novel) by S. C. Stephens!!!!

ALSO! The bargains and reader recs looks awesome two. TWO that I loved and have reviewed myself. MUST READS!

AUDIOBOOK BARGAINS (if you already have the Kindle ebook) PLUS check out the free audible trial + 2 free ebooks deal

• The Five Stages of Falling in Love by Rachel Higginson <— ON SALE!!! (Thanks Kat!!) I just reviewed this one and 5-starred it (it was full price) and it’s just been put on sale today! :D Here’s my review.
  • Sometimes Never: The Series Box Set by Cheryl McIntyre <— Kolleen loves this one! “I just finished an amazing book and have to add this to your list for people that loved Beautiful Disaster. Read “sometimes never” by Cheryl McIntyre, you will love their story!” (and the whole series has been bundled at a bargain price!!)
  • The Will (The Magdalene Series Book 1) by Kristen Ashley <— Good one and it’s SUPER-BARGAIN priced right now!! :D Here’s my review: The Will
  • Loving Lawson by R.J. Lewis <— #1 & #2 are bargain priced right now! “When boyfriend Ryker Lawson is sentenced to prison on drug charges, Allie Wallace faces a life changing event. After being turned away from her mother and on the verge of homelessness, she turns to an unexpected source for help: her boyfriend’s older brother.
  • Saving Lawson (Loving Lawson Book 2)  by R.J. Lewis <— and here’s #2!
  • BEWARE by Shanora Williams <— Tessa found us this bargain priced one! “ It’s soooo good, gut wrenching, dangerous and just great… A big recommendation from me.”
  • Lost Until You (Until You Series Book 1) by J.R. Grant <— SUPER bargain priced and Jean recommends it! “Lost Until You was Great!! No cliffhanger and I didn’t even realize it was part of a series! Definitely worth reading!”
  • String Bridge by Jessica Bell <—Amy and Cheryl buddy-read this one together and shared the suffering with this couple going through marital issues… Cheryl says: “Ok, just finished String Bridge. I didn’t see that coming. *wipes tears* Beautiful story about marriage and choices and consequences. My only complaint, (which I seem to have had about books I’ve read lately), is the ending; specifically the last few paragraphs. What a tease!! I would have liked more details leading up to the ending.
  • The Summer Remains by Seth King <— Jean LOVED it! “Just finished The Summer Remains and I am literally broken……just beautiful….. “
  • Surviving Raine: Surviving Raine Book 1 by Shay Savage <— Ooooooooooh!!!!!! If anyone hasn’t read this yet… READ IT!!!!!! One of my all-time favs that I remember every single moment of, and OMG best!!! He’s a jerk, they’re stuck in a floating dingy together hoping for an island… AWE-SOME!!!!!!!!!!!! AND AND AND! It’s super-bargain priced right now. I 5-starred it! Here is my review.

Kim Box Person February 24, 2015 at 12:44 AM

OMG!!! I have to read Haunted Love it’s right up my alley!!!! Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you made my night I’m already shopping away :)

Maryse February 24, 2015 at 12:46 AM

LOL Kim!! I KNOW! I just moved that one right to the top of my list!! Sounds like reading perfection to me…

Amy February 24, 2015 at 1:15 AM

Thoughtful is live?!?!?!? SQUEEEE–

Wait a minute… *checks Amazon*

Dammit!!! PST sucks!! *pouting* Whatever. I’ll just go on an ebook shopping spree until then. See? Being a night owl is a good thing. ;)

Cheryl February 24, 2015 at 8:49 AM

Stone in the Sea, looks good, BUT it has a CH (nope, going to wait for #2).

Fighting Silence, *sigh that blurb* and The Deal *click. click*

Slow Burn one-click, although trying to remember Haddie and Beckett from the first books. Makes me want to re-read them. ;)

Ice Steam? I didn’t know there were books after Jahleel & Keeping Jahleel!

Jean February 24, 2015 at 9:03 AM

Ugh that price for Thoughtful is killing me! Then I saw Reed Brothers release…… Yay for me!!!!!!!!!!! Love, love, love the Reed Brothers!!

So many books on today’s list….. Sigh….

Kylie Gilmore February 24, 2015 at 9:05 AM

Thanks for the mention!

MichelleS February 24, 2015 at 9:12 AM

I wonder about Jaquelyn Frank’s book? I absolutely LOVED her Nightwalkers series once upon a time (Oh Gideon…. swoon). Hmmm….

The nanny with the tattoos caught my eye. It reminds me of Love, in English, one of my favorites….

I didn’t start anything last night. I read some more of Life of Anna. I don’t know why I keep going back: so much forced sex (okay, rape… it’s rape)… and promiscuity, and molestation. Remind me again why I am reading this Jean. Tell me it’s worth it, because it is so so disturbing. At least you had a support group. I only have this blog, and no one wants to hear it anymore, I’m sure.

If I could remember Thoughtless I my try Thoughtful… why can’t I remember? Do I have to remember or can I just jump right in?

Cheryl February 24, 2015 at 9:28 AM

MichelleS, I know what you mean. That’s how I feel with Slow Burn and Ice Steam. Do I remember enough to read them or can I just jump right in.

Thoughtful on the other hand… I remember Thoughtless and Kellan *sigh* ;)

Fabi February 24, 2015 at 11:42 AM

MichelleS I’ll get back to LoA tomorrow so we can scream at it together. I don’t remember Thoughtless either but it’s on my Kindle. *shrug*. I started Room 212 last night and loving it so far!

Maryse February 24, 2015 at 11:49 AM

MichelleS you can use us as your support group ANYTIME!!! Snuffle the manatee, but don’t let him see that darkness. Poor cuddly thing…

Maryse February 24, 2015 at 11:50 AM

LOL!!! Who can possible forget Thoughtless?! *gasp* THAT BOOK was intense!!!! Years later and I still remember every single thing!

But I get y’all… I have some books that I loved and have trouble remembering a few years later. Just that I loved it. :P

Cheryl February 24, 2015 at 11:54 AM

Just started Thoughtful. Even if you don’t remember Thoughtless, I think you can just jump in reading because Kellan starts off by refreshing your memory about him, his bandmates and Pete’s Bar.

Fabi February 24, 2015 at 12:03 PM

I just checked both my Kindle and Nook for Thoughless because the title and book cover look so familiar. I was sure I had it, but I can’t find it on either. Strange, because even the name Kellan is so familiar. So confused.

Rebecca N. Caudill February 24, 2015 at 12:06 PM

What a great reference point for readers. Thanks for taking the time to put it together. How do you decide what gets included?

Amy February 24, 2015 at 12:18 PM

WHAT?!? You guys can’t remember Thoughtless?? It’s the book that started my angst craving! I’m with Maryse…it’s one of the few books where I can remember just about everything from it, and everytime I think about it I remember yet *another* scene!

I am also on the side of those who didn’t hate Kiera…I didn’t really condone her actions, but I could totally understand how it got to that point. Where Thoughtless was PURE ANGST, I think Thoughtful is gonna be pure heartache. How could you not hurt for the guy??

Maryse February 24, 2015 at 12:21 PM

LOVE HIM!!! <3 *sigh*

Amy February 24, 2015 at 12:23 PM

*giggle* Yep MichelleS, our little stuffed manatee doesn’t mind being snuffled on but he still gets scared of the dark stuff after the whole Tied Man thing!

And YAY Fabi!!! I still get flashbacks of that book everytime I hear Habits by Tove Lo. You’ll see why. ;)

Amy February 24, 2015 at 12:27 PM

Maryse, right?? *swoon* That beautiful, broken man…

Okay, work is done (for the most part :P ) and I’m gonna go start my all-day date with Kellan! :D

Stacey February 24, 2015 at 12:59 PM

The Deal by Elle Kennedy is live today, too! It looks so good to me.
I read By Any Other Name last week and LOVED it.

Jean February 24, 2015 at 1:15 PM

Yes, Thoughtless is one of those books I will never forget and started me on my book obsession! And I know I’m going to feel so bad for Kellan in Thoughtful. Amy, I didn’t hate Kiera either…sh!t happens right?

Fabi February 24, 2015 at 1:35 PM

I’m at 30% with Room 212 and my stomach is already in knots. Did I ask for a book with a punch? It must have been my evil twin. I have to put this down and go get some work done otherwise I’m going to end up being a mess today.

Cheryl February 24, 2015 at 1:36 PM

Day off and loving on Kellan and Thoughtful!!! <3

I didn't hate on Kiera, either. I always thought her heart was in the right place and nothing she did was out of spite; just young, inexperienced and made some stupid decisions. ;)

Maryse February 24, 2015 at 1:46 PM

Hi Rebecca!

Well… for new release day, pretty much all of ‘em in the “contemporary romance” genre make it in. :) And of course, some dark romance and thrillers too, ’cause we love ‘em. Oh also… I look for those that are book length/novella length (100 pages and over).

It’s so much fun to do, ’cause I get to scope out a bunch that are “new-to-me” but that sound so good!

Maryse February 24, 2015 at 1:47 PM

And you know… Denny DID leave her hanging badly in the beginning…

bev February 24, 2015 at 1:54 PM

I have not read Thoughtless, so can’t say for myself. I recently heard someone say they didn’t like how passive she was. From the premise I wonder why Kellan doesn’t take any heat. I guess I’ll just have to read it sometime.

Tessa February 24, 2015 at 2:15 PM

O, Bev, you have to read Thoughtless. I can honestly say Kellen is in my top 5 bbf list. The angst, the heartache, so much emotional growth… It’s a must read.

I never hated Kiera. The story was a huge emotional journey, and so much growth. Also, I understood why. I felt bad for all of them, but it was still unputdownable.

Jean February 24, 2015 at 2:24 PM

Yes you are right Maryse! Denny did leave her hanging and I hated that! Oh man, it’s bringing back the old feelings……

Jean February 24, 2015 at 3:00 PM

Fabi, I loved Room 212 too thanks to Amy’s persistent recommendation (and nagging) to read it!

Bev, you HAVE to read the Thoughtless series!

Amy February 24, 2015 at 3:02 PM

Exactly ladies! And yes, he *did* leave her hanging badly initially. Even though I felt bad for Denny and he so did not deserve what happened, his decision and inconsiderate behavior (not calling her like he should…yeah, that’s a no-no) were the catalysts for what happened.

Bev, for me it was hard to be angry with Kellan because he was just so messed up from his childhood and wanted that connection with someone so badly. Thoughtful is just reaffirming how horrific things were for him and the loneliness and desparation he feels as an adult. He’s breaking my heart. :(

Fabi February 24, 2015 at 3:03 PM

@55% (I couldn’t put it down earlier) and I’m feeling sick to my stomach. I really can’t handle heartbreaking stories. But once I start them I can’t put them down. Ugh this feels awful. I’m praying it turns around. But even so, was this necessary? Ugh

Fabi February 24, 2015 at 3:10 PM

“Mom, it hurts. It hurts so much, I can’t breathe, Mom. I can’t breathe!”
now I’m crying
I’d like to scream at Amy, but I can’t. I can actually scroll back and SEE I asked for a book with a punch.
Amy, hope Thoughful does it to you too. *smirk*

Amy February 24, 2015 at 3:11 PM

*puffs up chest* That’s right Jean…I nagged you right into reading a good one!! :P

Oh, and why am I here when I am supposed to be with Kellan and snuggling my manatee (’cause TF is making me hurt)? Well, I was just pulled away from my book bubble to answer the door…to a detective’s badge being flashed in my face. About made me pee my pants. It was just related to a former neighbor, but still!! Back to Kellan now…

Amy February 24, 2015 at 3:16 PM

Fabi…you’re already getting your wish. Brat!! :P I remember that part so well. *That* was the part that finally broke me and made me start full-on crying. And now I’m getting teary-eyed remembering that part. Need a hug? *opens up arms* I’ll share my sweet manatee, but I’m not letting go of him right now ’cause I need him too!

Fabi February 24, 2015 at 3:20 PM

Awww yes I totally needed that hug. *pats Mani on the head* (take care of Amy Mani) *dives back into heartache*

Cheryl February 24, 2015 at 3:41 PM

Maryse and Amy, you’re right about Denny, but I also thought that was just another example of why their relationship wasn’t going to work in the long run-Kiera moved for him, he took a job without talking to her about it; whereas Kellan thought only of her. He didn’t take their love for granted because he had never had it before.

Now back to my Kellan… <3

Fabi February 24, 2015 at 4:23 PM

Is Thoughtful a his point of view of Thoughtless?

Michelle February 24, 2015 at 4:23 PM

Wow this is a crazy list for me since I want to read so many! I thought I would jump at Thoughtful but Void has grabbed my attention so I’m starting that.

I have Room 212 but haven’t got to it yet but sounds good. I haven’t heard anyone say they didn’t like it.

Bev, I can’t believe you haven’t read Thoughtless! I thought that was a requirement to be on this blog ;)

bev February 24, 2015 at 4:33 PM

So tempted, by the deal especially. But have library books piling up, out of control tbr, and a scribd trial I east to take advantage of. Plus I’m reading bits of everything and all of nothing. So, going to roll up my sleeves and tackle the books I have. Maybe I can do a Michelle & Tessa and read one a day before next Tuesday. THE BIG DAY!!!!:-)

bev February 24, 2015 at 4:41 PM

Michelle, right?! And I was just looking at Cheryl’s tbr with this face :-O . But I still have not read The Opportunist, Thoughtless, The Bronze Horseman, etc, lol.

Tessa February 24, 2015 at 4:50 PM

Of all those… Thoughtless is more important. :-P Just kidding. There are a few must reads I haven’t read too. I bought Surviving Raine. I still haven’t read it, and I figured if I have paid money for it, I might. Then again, I haven’t read Archer’s Voice either. *grins* Nor Night Owl, which I’ve paid for and have in my tbr too. You’re only behind by one, Thoughtless.

Michelle February 24, 2015 at 5:06 PM

Squeeeeeee Bev don’t even bring up next Tuesday because I can’t waaaiiitttt! Whichever one gets delivered to my kindle first I decided I’m reading. I haven’t read Night Owl which is on sale today…I will post a list in a few.

Fabi February 24, 2015 at 5:09 PM

@69% I hate Seth
How can y’all read these?!
I don’t think I’ve read Thoughtless either cause I can’t find it on my Nook nor on my Kindle.
I think I’m going to be sick.

bev February 24, 2015 at 5:24 PM

Michelle, lol. That sounds like a plan. I almost wish it was on a weekend so do not have to worry about sleeping.
Tessa you and Michelle have to try Night Owl. If for no other reason than to see how Amy got her Manny, lol.

Fabi February 24, 2015 at 5:27 PM

Which ones are y’all squeeing about for next Tues? I’m at 71% and really just want to throw my Kindle across the room and swear off reading for the rest of my life.

Sharon February 24, 2015 at 5:34 PM

I started Thoughtful at 1:00 am last night. Kellan woke me up and I couldn’t resist. Thoughtless is my favorite angsty book ever. The 5 Stages of Falling in Love is up after Kellan. Ok, off to ignoring life and reading!

bev February 24, 2015 at 5:53 PM

Exhibit A (Fabi) on why I’m afraid of Amy’s recs. ;-)

Fabi, we are both excited for the new Anne Bishop. And also for Michelle the new Patricia Briggs and for me the new C.S. Harris.
Can. Not. Wait.

Cheryl February 24, 2015 at 6:06 PM

Blushing the sequel to In Bloom by Katie Delahanty was released. Both are $.99 each. Famous actor story. I really enjoyed In Bloom and looking forward to Blushing; that is, after I finish Thoughtful!!!!! ;)

Michelle February 24, 2015 at 6:09 PM

Finding My Way by Megan Keith is .99
A is for Alpha Male Book 1 & 2 by Laurel Curtis are .99
Rocky Ride by Vivian Arend is .99
The Earl’s Enticement by Collette Cameron is .99

Fabi February 24, 2015 at 6:09 PM

Hahaha Bev
but thank you so much for mentioning those authors and series!!! maybe that’ll keep me from giving up reading forever after this book. It is a 5* read that I absolutely hate. These characters gutted me.

Tessa February 24, 2015 at 6:40 PM

Both Visions in Silver and Dead Heat next Tuesday? GAH!

Amy February 24, 2015 at 6:49 PM

I’m cracking up right now over your comments, Fabi!!! “How can y’all read these?!” and “I think I’m going to be sick” have to be my favorites. *snicker*

Soooo, does that mean you won’t read Accidentally on Purpose? *giggles and runs from Fabi*

Amy February 24, 2015 at 6:50 PM

Or Thoughtless? :P

Amy February 24, 2015 at 6:57 PM

Bev! You gotta read Thoughtless and The Opportunist! I would have freaked the freak out if I had read TO before Dirty Red was out.

And yes, Michelle and Tessa…read Night Owl! It is soooo good. But fair warning, when you get to the manatee part it might twist your heart a little bit. At least you’ll see where it started though! ;)

*giggle* That’s cute, Sharon…Kellan woke you up. :)

Fabi February 24, 2015 at 7:31 PM

*chases Amy and tackles her to the ground* I’m going to tickle you till you cry you brat. I just t finished and that was painfully beautiful. Thanks for the rec. Now I’m going to go start my recovery.

bev February 24, 2015 at 7:51 PM

Tessa! The other Others fan, how’d I miss that? It is the BIG day.
Oh just let them be good.

I’m going to have to catch up on Anna & Charles.

Cheryl February 24, 2015 at 7:58 PM

Fabi your comments made me snort and laugh so hard!!!! Got to watch that Amy she’s wicked!!! *wink*

Maybe this drink will help speed up your recovery… ;)

Fabi February 24, 2015 at 8:03 PM

That 212 drink looks gooood. It’ll go great with my therapeutic Ghirardelli chocolate brownies I just put in the oven. Oh yeah, Amy’s books leave me in serious need of therapy. *snort*

Tessa February 24, 2015 at 8:58 PM

Bev, yes! You must catch up on Charles and Anna. They are so sweet and romantic together. There is a lot of growth for both of them, but especially Anna. I just love those two.

And of course I’m an Others fan. The world just astounds me, and gets my imagination working into overdrive. Also, who can resist those horses. :P

Amy February 24, 2015 at 9:27 PM

LOL Fabi!!!! Wouldn’t take me long to cry ’cause I’m reaaaallllly ticklish. ;)

Hey now!! I’m not…that…bad… *thinks back to recs* Um…they weren’t all…some were… *ahem* So how about that awesome drink Cheryl posted, huh?? :P

*sigh* Kellan needs a snuggle. Badly.

bev February 24, 2015 at 9:57 PM

Fabi, brownies sound so good. Last time I made them I had the wrong pan and ended up slightly under cooking them and kind of preferred it. I recently saw a recipe that had marshmallow fluff in it, yes I have a sweet tooth.

MichelleS February 24, 2015 at 10:02 PM

Fabi – what did you read that was “painfully beautiful”?

I am reading Thoughtful, I got caught up in the hype. It’s starting to come back to me now…. after Denny left for his out of town job… but I still don’t remember much. There’s a lot of telling of his thoughts – not so much conversation, and I LOVE conversations. I’ll stick with it, though.

Charles, Anna, the ponies, and Patricia Briggs??? Good stuff… good stuff…

Fabi February 24, 2015 at 10:18 PM

Room 212. Amy’s rec. And now I’m stuffing my face with chocolate to try to recover. That was angsty. BD level angsty but more heartbreaking.

bev February 24, 2015 at 10:22 PM

Tessa wonder if the ponies look like this but you know not wearing sweaters. I wouldn’t mind a hand knitted fair isle sweater, though.

Fabi February 24, 2015 at 10:27 PM

That’s too cute Bev. If anyone is familiar with Shetland ponies you know they really can have awesome attitudes. This is a great time for me to get back to that series with the book coming out. But first I have finish the LoA darkness. How’s that going for you MichelleS?

Fabi February 24, 2015 at 10:32 PM

btw here is Maryse’s review, no one can say it like she does

Fabi February 24, 2015 at 10:42 PM

Amy omg I just watched that video! That song! Waaahhh

Fabi February 24, 2015 at 10:44 PM

I hate Seth. I can’t eat any more brownies. I’m going to go watch tv. I’m boycotting books for the next several hours.

Tessa February 24, 2015 at 11:45 PM

Hahahaha Those things are cute. I can just see Meg deciding that Winter made it a little too cold and offering them one of those sweaters.

Paula February 25, 2015 at 6:31 AM

A bit of a shock when the Amazon receipt for today’s 1-clicks arrived – I have been very naughty…

Sam February 25, 2015 at 8:50 AM

Hi, I know this is a random question. I’ve tried creating an account here and it said I have to activate it through a confirmation email that gets sent. I tried sending it twice and setting up and account with an alternate email address and still haven’t recieved anythjng. Can anyone help me? Am I doing something wrong??? Thanks in advance

Michelle February 25, 2015 at 9:32 AM

Void was meh for me, moved onto Fighting Silence and it’s really good so far.

Awww look at the cute ponies! Ugh more reminders Bev though! I need it nowwww!

Not even thinking of reading Room 212 for a while if this was your reaction Fabi. Do not need to boycott books especially with so many good releases and upcoming ones!

MichelleS February 25, 2015 at 10:09 AM

That’s exactly how I pictured the ponies! So cute. Looking forward to that release, hope the ponies get some time in… missed hem in Murder of Crows.

Room 212…. adding it to the pile….

Life of Anna update for Fabi – in between “things” I pick it up and read another chapter or two. It really is a train wreck that I can’t abandon completely, no matter how offended I get. Part three is called Embraced – so I am hoping for some good things – but then part 4 is called Ensnared! Oh No! Not again. This women as slaves thing turns my stomach. At this point, I am waiting for her to come into some power or something and kick some serious butt… especially Devin’s… and Jack’s… and that neighbor’s… and…

In the meantime, I am slowly getting through Thoughtful. I am enjoying his internal rants where he calls her a wh#re!! heeheehee

bev February 25, 2015 at 10:29 AM

Six more days! Just hope lives up to the excitement, all the books we are waiting for. Um, not like a certain one that shall not be named.

Jean February 25, 2015 at 11:47 AM

MichelleS and Fabi, can’t believe you’ve stuck with LoA! Embraced (#3) was my favorite (if i can even say that) of the series so far and then Ensnared (#4) just got SO SO DARK (not that 3 wasn’t)!!!! I’m now dying for the 5th and final book of the series…Emerged, which with that title, sounds promising!

Amy February 25, 2015 at 2:17 PM

OMG that picture of the ponies makes me want to read Murder of Crows now!

Michelle, don’t skip Room 212! It is a *good* angst. ;) Fabi is just our sweet friend who is sensitive to that kind of angst (I’m still cracking up here over comments). Although, she is reading LoA on Jean’s rec so… *scratches head confusedly*

See ladies, I’m not the only one who gets wicked with recs. *smirks at Jean*

Tessa February 25, 2015 at 2:59 PM

Sam, check your spam folder. Sometime blog sites go automatically to that folder for some strange reason.

Any super sweet fun angsty recommendations? I’m reading After (the happy one) finally, which is perfect, but I’m curious about any others. I can’t even read Thoughtful because I need happy angst, not sadness. Though, there are a lot of parallels between After and Thoughtless. *grins*

Tessa February 25, 2015 at 3:00 PM

Oh, and Amy, you’d probably fall for those silly crows. They are awesome.

Shane February 25, 2015 at 3:40 PM

Can’t wait to read Thoughtful. Love reading the guys POV. Currently reading 5 Stages, you weren’t kidding Maryse, it’s sob, sob in the begining…Thanks for the updates….

Niki February 25, 2015 at 3:43 PM

So excited for Tuesday!!! Need to plan my rereading of Written in Red and Murder of Crows!!!
Right now I’m reading The Line Between by Tamsyn Nester but I really want to start The Deal by Elle Kennedy before I start my Anne Bishop Marathon!! It’s getting crazy 5 star reviews everywhere I look:) Yay for great books!!!

bev February 25, 2015 at 3:45 PM

Amy, yes read it!!

Tessa, The Deal by Elle Kennedy is getting tons of good buzz & seems to fit that criteria. Another that I’m determined to start tonight is the Bollywood Affair. So much buzz for it last year. I’m trying it for free on Scribd trial. Smart Bitches Trashy Books is offering 3 month trial right now. So yeah have to get on using that, been sitting on my kindle for like two weeks.

Tessa February 25, 2015 at 4:29 PM

Ooohh, thank you Bev. I’ll read that after After. *grins* My happy needs usually last at least a week so it needs major fillers.

Michelle February 25, 2015 at 4:50 PM

I just finished Fighting Silence and it fits what you are looking for perfectly Tessa. I loved it – great story and characters with a little of everything; it was sweet, romantic, angsty, emotional, beautiful and tear-jerking. I needed an excellent well-rounded book like this to remind me what good writing and storytelling was after a few duds the last couple days. It’s another series that is getting added to the list of ones I want to continue with. Now I have no clue where to go next. Anyone reading off this list and found another good one?

Amy February 25, 2015 at 5:09 PM

Tessa, I loved the crows in WiR, especially the whole “Shiny!” thing. I actually love crows IRL (except when they dig in my neighbor’s garbage and it ends up in *my* yard). Actually, there is a group of crows that…never mind, let’s just say I’m the crazy crow lady in our neighborhood. *snort* What After book is it that you’re reading?

Oh Shane, if you loved Thoughtless then you’re gonna love Thoughtful. Just when I thought I couldn’t fall more in love with Kellan… *sigh*

Amy February 25, 2015 at 5:11 PM

Bev and Niki, did you see that The Deal has all 4 and 5 stars on Amazon? I know it just came out yesterday and there are actually only 30-something reviews up so far, but still! :D It sounds fun, right??

Tessa February 25, 2015 at 5:31 PM

Thank you Michelle. That sounds perfect! Angsty, happy, sweet… perfect! *grins*

Amy, first, I have to tell you, you think crows are awesome? There is a crow here who has figured out how to make different sounds. He’s constantly in the willow tree across the street, making woodpecker noises. If that doesn’t work, he starts crying like a baby. Last, when he sees a cat, he starts barking like a dog. Most interesting crow ever! Also, he’s made my cat kinda nutty.

The After is by Anna Todd, which I don’t even want to know who Hardin is fanfic based on, since I do like him. This is the one I got but never read, since I wasn’t in the mood. Now, I’m enthralled. Also, the main character and I share the same nickname, though it throws me when he calls her by her full name, Theresa.

Michelle S February 25, 2015 at 5:39 PM

Tessa – happy angst – try Fate Book… I loved that one!

Jean – book 4 is so so dark??? OMG…. what are we calling books one and two? it gets worse? what did you get me into Jean???

Amy – that pic of ponies makes you want to read Murder of Crows… funny… cause they get so little time in that book. Looking forward to the new book though, because I think there’s finally going to be a little something between Meg and Simon… I’ll take a peck on the cheek at this point.

Michelle February 25, 2015 at 5:46 PM

Hey on your speed reading budget, Fate Book might be the way to go Tessa since it’s still free!

Nope when Meg and Simon finally explore the romantic side of things I predict it’s going to be zero to sixty if ya get my drift ;) or I can hope because I would take anything as well!

Michelle February 25, 2015 at 5:50 PM

Ha Bev I just noticed your comment about the book that shall not be named…I think we should call it “The Voldemort” from now on

Tessa February 25, 2015 at 5:57 PM

Oh, I loved Fate Book. I still have to read Fate Book 2, so thank you for reminding me of it.

I hate to say it, but I don’t see Simon and Meg going from 0-60. Him, perhaps, but he’s, uh, learning about her feelings too much to make her too uncomfortable. So more tension that’ll make me squee.

What’s the Voldermort book?

Amy February 25, 2015 at 6:01 PM

I would love to see that crow, Tessa!! There are a couple of crows that I can identify of the “regulars” that come to my yard and wait to be fed in the mornings (I’m serious…I *told* you I’m the crazy crow lady). One has a small bald patch on his head and the other has a badly injured foot…poor guy has to hop around on one foot and the others bully him away from the food. :( Jerks.

Amy February 25, 2015 at 6:09 PM

Oooooh, finally some action between Meg and Simon?? Woo-hoo! :D

That reminds me of the Pierced series by J.C. Mells. REALLY, really good, by the way. Well, the whole “two Mildreds” thing in her head was annoying as sh!t but the rest was great. Werewolves, magic, a little suspense, even some vamps…I really think you guys would like it! And like in the Others series, you have to wait until book 3 for any sexy time. But it’s so worth it ’cause there is no fade-to-black. ;)

bev February 25, 2015 at 6:34 PM

Amy, I know it is crazy how much love The Deal is getting. Thought I’d one click but have so many piling up and then 2 must haves on Tuesday so holding off for now.

Please tell me I’m not the only one who looks in their ereader library and can not believe how many books I had to have right then and 2 yrs later have not read, lol.

bev February 25, 2015 at 6:39 PM

Tessa, the Voldermort book is Burned. Michelle & I and I believe MichelleS were not happy with it.

I think most birds are suppose to be crazy smart. I love when the crows were stealing Meg’s pens.
Oh, and Skippy I love Skippy. Though he does makee a little sad. In my head though I keep seeing a overgrown lab, lol.

Tessa February 25, 2015 at 6:57 PM

I loved Burned. *hides*

*changes subject fast*
I adore Skippy. He’s so sweet. I just want to hug him every time he’s mentioned.

MichelleS February 25, 2015 at 8:00 PM

You guys are seriously putting me in the mood for the Others novel! All this pony and crow talk, and now Skippy. I like what’s her name, the mysterious “other” who has the hair that changes color… oh oh… here come the black streaks. So freaky cool.

Burned? I do not know this word…. Iced, yes, I know this word… but Burned? not in my vocabulary…

Back to Kellan and all jis internal whining and moaning and pining…. sheesh… I loved this the first go around? You sure?

Cheryl February 25, 2015 at 8:00 PM

Awwww, my sweet, sad Kellan. I am loving on him in Thoughtful. I thought I remembered everything from Thoughtless, but I must have my sequence of events wrong. Could have sworn after Denny comes back, that Kellan went on a manwhore bender for about a month. Hmmm, guess I just need to keep reading to figure this out. ;) I have a feeling I am going to be re-reading the series when I’m done!!

Fabi February 25, 2015 at 8:11 PM

Haaa Tessa that was funny. I’m putting off reading the unmentionable one until the next one is due out. Bev, was that you who told me to do that?

So I’ve gone about 24 hours now without reading a single line in a book. :-0

Jean, MichelleS, I’m going to book 2 in LoA tonight. But I also want to read book 2 in the Others series before the next one comes out.

That may be more reading than I can manage in the busy days I have coming up but at least it’s a plan right?

Amy, are you going to read that one too? Oh and yeah, for some strange reason I can handle dark better than angst. Angsty reads make me cry (which is the point, I know). Dark reads make me angry. Guess I handle angry better than sad. *shrug* you know I’m weird.

Niki February 25, 2015 at 8:39 PM

Amy, I follow a few other blogs on Twitter/ Facebook and all day today that’s the only book that they are talking about so very excited to start it!! I haven’t really read the book description but one-clicked it anyway since everyone is raving about it:)

Michelle February 25, 2015 at 8:45 PM

Rogue River Novellas by Kendra Elliot and Melinda Leigh are .99
Paranormalcy by Kiersten Wright is 3.99
Work of Art Book 1 & 2 by Ruth Clampett are .99
Western Rebels Box Set by Cynthia Wright is .99
You’ll Think of Me by Lucia Franco is .99

bev February 25, 2015 at 9:07 PM

I thought I’d do a re read of MOC but now not sure. I have re read passages since I first read it. I really like the scene when Meg and Simon go for a walk and he is getting upset that she will not take the rope and she tricks him. Also, the little bits of jealousy.

Niki if you read The Deal let me know what you think. Very curious with all the buzz going on.

Amy February 25, 2015 at 9:10 PM

There is a LOT of internal Kellan dialogue in Thoughtless, but I love being in his brain even though it makes me sad at times. When he gets all anxious near the beginning because he’s afraid they will leave and not stay with him anymore at his house…oh, my heart.

Fabi, really? You’re calling your reading habits weird? Do you remember who you are talking to here? ;)

Amy February 25, 2015 at 9:41 PM

Oh! I almost forgot…did any of you preorder The Return and get the bonus Aiden and Alex scene? I just found the email buried in my inbox and it had me sniffling and teary-eyed! It’s from Aiden’s POV near the end of Sentinel when…um…the unexpected thing happens. We hear about his reaction in the book through secondhand account, but reading it in his POV was heartbreaking, and even Seth was making my heart clench! Gah!!

Fabi February 25, 2015 at 9:41 PM

*high five* for weirdness

Tessa February 25, 2015 at 10:33 PM

ACKACKACK I forgot to fill out the form! *smacks head on the desk* Amy, I would have, if I hadn’t flaked! Sentinel scene? *continues smacking head*

bev February 25, 2015 at 10:44 PM

Ok time for some hot tea and a book. See if can get a few chapters in before bedtime.

bev February 25, 2015 at 10:48 PM

So……Jean must work in a fun place if that is their group read. I love that MichelleS won’t read it in public & Jean is all work place buddy read, lol. Jean, you surprise me. ;-)

Fabi February 25, 2015 at 10:49 PM

Ahhh Tessa? Tessa?? Tessa!!! OMG I think she beat her brains out on that desk. :-0

Fabi February 25, 2015 at 10:50 PM

Ha! Bev. Good point.

Tessa February 25, 2015 at 10:56 PM

*is now a zombie from beating her head on a desk*

Alright, back to After. Sooo much Angst!

Tessa February 25, 2015 at 10:57 PM

And and and, quick vent!

Gah, these two! He is such an a$$ and she believes him when he’s playing Mr. Cool, then he’s so sweet, then she’s dumb, then… GAH! ANGST!!

Fabi February 26, 2015 at 12:52 AM

Wow, what are you reading Tessa? I scrolled up but we’ve talked about so many books that I can’t find it? Are you reading Thoughtful?

I Started LoA 2 and have now stayed up two hours later than I should have. At least in this book, so far, it is clear who is the villaim
and who is the hero.

Jean, these are addicting.

Fabi February 26, 2015 at 7:09 AM

LoA2 – I spoke too soon aboutthe clear lines between good and bad. The good guys are still doing some really bad things. Its driving me crazy. I’m going to go on a character killing spree and black magic marker every one of these characters.

MichelleS February 26, 2015 at 7:47 AM

Fabi – I know, right? You want a hero so bad that you latch on to any sign of one, and then she gets betrayed AGAIN by these macho beasts. It’s one giant orgy train-wreck and it offends every single one of my sensibilities, yet… I go back for another chapter! And Jean says Book 4 gets so so dark… I don’t even know what that could mean. So far Aaron seems to be a potential savior…. Alex, grow a pair…. and Devin… I should loathe this SOB, and yet, I don’t 100% – I do – but not 100% – this book is messing with me. I am glad to have a support group, finally!

Fabi February 26, 2015 at 7:54 AM

Yes! I definitely need to vent about these books. I know I sound insane most of the time, so it’s great to hear someone else has the same reactions. How far along are you? I’m only at 16% and will not have a lot of reading time until next week. :-( BUT, I can let you borrow my black sharpie if you need to kill off some characters. :-)

Jean February 26, 2015 at 9:12 AM

MichelleS and Fabi, I am so proud (and shocked) that you’ve hung in there with LoA!! Lol! IT IS ADDICTIVE!!! “Orgy train wreck”……ha exactly! And yes so offensive! So why do I keep reading……. because I need answers!!!!!!

Bev, I work at a law firm…. Not much fun…. But I have turned a couple girls here into book addicts and we kinda stumbled upon this series!

Jean February 26, 2015 at 9:13 AM

Oh and I did day I would delete it and deny any knowledge of it if anyone asks….haha! There’s some really disturbing stuff going on in this series.

Fabi February 26, 2015 at 10:12 AM

Oh Jean. I hate Alex. I despise Devin. I just want to burn that whole world down.

When is book 5 coming out? I think I’ll die if I have to wait for the end of this series.

Amy February 26, 2015 at 10:39 AM

You know, if I hadn’t read their story from Keira’s POV first and didn’t know how she struggled then I would probably hate her right now. I’m SO glad I know how torn she was during that whole mess. To see how much self-loathing and worthlessness that Kellan feels is absolutely heartbreaking. Yeah, no angst this time around…just heartache for Kellan.

Oh hey, and check this out…I’ve listened to this song so many times on my playlists but now I can only think of Kellan when I hear it (I promise Fabi, no bloody head bashing in this one…it’s just the words ;) ):

Tessa February 26, 2015 at 10:57 AM

Nope, not Thoughtful… yet. Right now, I’m reading Anna Todd’s After. So many feels, and I am constantly wanting to take my tablet and beat both Hardin and Tessa upside the head. Hardin need to just not talk, sometimes. Gah.

Cheryl February 26, 2015 at 1:17 PM

I know right Amy. I was thinking the same thing about Kiera while reading Kellan’s thoughts. He just wants to be loved and not be alone. All that sex and he has never had anyone care for him. It’s hard reading because you also know what’s in store for him. :( *sigh Kellan*

Love that song!

Shane February 26, 2015 at 1:31 PM

You guys are too much, just bought Thoughtful and The Deal. Amy, you are making me anxious now, hehehe…

Tessa February 26, 2015 at 2:25 PM

*jaw drop* Anyone else read After? Because, um… I gotta vent and the end…omg! That’s all. Now to number two, because omg!

Tessa February 26, 2015 at 3:31 PM

Oh, and it ended up being more train wreck than romance rather than sweet. Hardin seriously was a jerk.

bev February 26, 2015 at 3:34 PM

Amy it’s kind of funny to listen to the lyric about if she thinks to call him when she has had a few and then go to their Why’d do you Only call me when your high.

bev February 26, 2015 at 4:16 PM

I have not read anything for the last two nights. But fixing that today.

Tessa, did you say you didn’t want to know who the book was based on?

Tessa February 26, 2015 at 4:48 PM

I found out anyway when I reviewed it. Ugh, I’m pretending I didn’t read that. Just, eeew. Now I’m fighting that mental image.

bev February 26, 2015 at 4:58 PM

Some times I think it is better not to know the inspiration. I mean I don’t mind if they use it to help describe. Like if a book said she had eyes like Audrey Hepurn or he sounds like Tom Waits I can see and hear that. And I like descriptions, I know some don’t, but I really do not want to have a real person in my head.

Tessa February 26, 2015 at 5:02 PM

Exactly! I’ve read a few that were inspired and I was clueless. Now, I want to bleach my kind from knowing. It’s not essential to the story.

Tessa February 26, 2015 at 5:03 PM

Art-Crossed Love by Libby Rice is .99
Rules of Harte by Brooke Harris is .99
Shot Through the Heart by Diane Benefiel is .99
Highlander in Her Dreams by Allie Mackey is .99
Sweet Southern Sorrow by Tessa Teevan is .99

Amy February 26, 2015 at 9:56 PM

That song ladies, I know…and I must be in the midst of a full-blown Kellan obsession right now ’cause these songs came up on my playlist shuffle while I was driving, and all I could think about was Thoughtful! Lose You by Pete Yorn (put a lump in my throat!), The Heart Wants What It Wants by Selena Gomez (yes, her…shut up, that song is SAD!), and then this one: *sob*

If you’re reading/have read Thoughtful, listen to those lyrics and TELL me those aren’t heartbreaking Kellan songs. Yep. :? I’m definitely obsessed…

Amy February 26, 2015 at 9:56 PM

Tessa! Have you any idea how your comments are making me want to read After?? Like, NOW?? *bouncing in seat*

Tessa February 26, 2015 at 10:33 PM

It’s good. Like, crazy good. Not, ah, how sweet and romantic good, because seriously? This guy. Every time he’s upset, he opens his mouth. He needs to become a mute. It would help immensely, well, other than that end. OMG… Yes, I went right into the next book, wanting to punch him.

Tessa February 26, 2015 at 10:34 PM

The heart wants what it wants as a Thoughtful song? Your killing me here! Poor Kellan.

Tessa February 26, 2015 at 10:51 PM

Oh, and thank you Michelle. What Lies Inside by JL Myers looks super interesting.

Michelle February 26, 2015 at 11:56 PM

I thought that one looked really interesting too Tessa and I’m in the mood for some pnr. It’s either Take from the list above, Darkness Awakened from my list or that freebie for my next read.

bev February 27, 2015 at 12:46 AM

Selena Gomez, huh. ;-)

bev February 27, 2015 at 1:19 AM

Amy you have me wanting to listen to sad songs, lol. Sorry can’t go to bed on S. Gomez. Do not know many of her songs but love this one.

Amy February 27, 2015 at 1:36 AM

Yeah Bev, Selena Gomez…what of it?? Don’t go starting stuff and make me take my earrings off now… :P Actually, I’m not really a Selena Gomez fan but that song is just so sad and the lyrics with the melody…yeah, it’s just one of “those” songs. Aw, I did get you in a sad song mood…but that’s a good one you posted. ;)

Oh Tessa, just wait until you read it. And that song My Saving Grace? Yeah, I’ll never be able to hear it again and not think of Kellan!

Tessa February 27, 2015 at 1:43 AM

Yah Thoughtful is one of those, “Oh! I thought I pre-ordered it” ones. Though, all this talk about sadness makes me glad I’ve got to wait a week to get it. I don’t want to see Kellan sad! I love him too much for that.

bev February 27, 2015 at 2:07 AM

Amy, lol. If you looked through my songs you would see I do not have a leg to stand on. Some kind of random ones. To old to be embarrassed about what I listen to ……but yeah totally embarrassed. Ill have to post one.
I like the sad love songs, but they don’t really make me sad. Last one I found sad would probably be Just Like Him by Brandy Clark(sp?)

MichelleS February 27, 2015 at 7:47 AM

Amy – my thought son Thoughtful so far…. I really like it; nice to know what was going on in his head at the time… BUT…. in some ways he is losing man points with me. Let’s put it this way, at least when Rhage met Mary and went from man-wh@re to whipped in one day, he still went out and killed lessers and turned into a beast (literally) so we were reminded of his macho-ness. I need SOME macho behavior or thought soon, and since I can’t remember the original story, I’m getting restless.

Amy February 27, 2015 at 11:47 AM

MichelleS, I get what you’re saying about him losing man points. If I were reading Thoughtful without reading Thoughtless first, I would hate Keira and think Kellan is a pus–…er, not very manly. ;) In Thoughtless he came off as such an a$$ sometimes to the point of being cruel, so hearing his thoughts and emotions in TF while knowing he didn’t show them outwardly in TL, and seeing the extent of his horrible childhood and the scars left from that, all makes it easy for me to just sympathize with him without him being emasculated, ya know?