BREAKING NEWS UPDATE!!! WEDNESDAY SURPRISES!! We just had a few more go live from authors that we love!! So here’s a quickie “update”
- The Lie by Karina Halle <— PRE-ORDER IS UP and it’s releasing in just 5 days! AND THAT BLURB. OMG THAT BLURB!!
“Natasha Trudeau once loved a man so much she thought she’d die without him. But their love was wrong, doomed from the start, and when their world crashed around them, Natasha was nearly buried in the rubble. It took years of moving on to forget him, and now that she’s in London, she’s ready to start again.
Until she sees him.
Because some loves are too dangerous to ever indulge.
And some loves are far too powerful to ignore.
Their love just might be the life and the death of them.”
- Shifting Gears (Crossroads Series Book 2) by Riley Hart <— M/M ROMANCE JUST RELEASED!!
- Jockblocked: A Novel (Gridiron Book 2) by Jen Frederick <— SPORTS STAR JUST RELEASED!!
- Love Rekindled (Love Surfaced) by Michelle Lynn <— SPORTS STAR JUST RELEASED!!
- As it Seems by Jayne Conway <— JUST RELEASED AND BLURB MADE ME GO… WHOA! It’s kind of expensive so I sent myself a sample, because I just have to taste-test this one. They have been happily married for years and have everything they’ve ever wanted…”After all these years, they are passionately in love, two of the lucky few – or so Libby believes – until one snowy evening, the unthinkable happens. And she learns… nothing is as it seems.”
- Corrupt by Penelope Douglas <— DARK READ CRAZINESS ALERT! This one just went on super-bargain sale!
Okay the list is just mind-blowing today. I’m a book-highlighting fiend right now. One book after the next, and I’m squirreling in blurb-delight so hard right now that I’m getting whiplash. LOL!!!
In fact, the paranormal/sci-fi/fantasy section has THREE heavy hitters that have me wiggling. Like… Glass Sword (well really, I just need to read the whole series… I gotta try this Fantasy thrill), and Morning Star (trilogy that I need to devour and this is the heavy-hitter of the day it seems ’cause it’s burning up the entire Amazon charts right now) and MACK (a bad-boy paranormal, and this series is thrilling many!) and A Small Indiscretion (I love psych-thrillers, and a photo from her young past comes back to haunt her current married life. Yikes!). Legend (bad boy fighter? By Katy Evans? WANT. IT!! + Remy…. ) and Some Sort of Love (single dad sexiness!) and The End of the World (this one sounds like an Amy & Maryse kind of deep-angst tragic torment book)….
That said… I’ve got my current read already well under way!!!! *happy wiggle* ➜ How to Save a Life by Emma Scott IS LIVE!! EMMA. SCOTT my friends!!! <— This is the one I’m reading right now and I AM LOVING IT! Emma Scott’s writing is TOP NOTCH, right off the bat (remember how much we loved “Rush“??!),
DG: …After inhaling Rush and the novella (which were AWESOME!), I devoured the rest of Emma Scott’s books on Amazon. Love, love, loved that each book was very different than the other – no similarities here!
…and this one is giving me butterflies!!
Okay so… he’s the social outcast in school (even if he’s hot… everything thinks he’s a freak – something he did once that was WAY weird) and she (the new girl) is very attracted to him. She can literally FEEL him (you’ll see), even if he’s not looking at her.
It’s so intriguing because it’s totally new adult contemporary but has that Twilight-y paranormal feel, ya know? I dunno… I’m only in the first quarter so far, so it’s hard to explain, but I had to put it down so I could make us a new release list, and I had a hard time doing so… It’s GOOD. I can’t wait to get back to it and see where’s going!!
Cheryl: Maryse, I was most curious about that book, especially since I saw Suanne Laquer’s name attached to it to. Thanks for helping me to decide which new release to read next.
Lisa: Looking forward to your review Maryse. I’ve loved all of her books and I agree, her writing is superb. …Maryse, did you notice who the editor is on the upcoming book How To Save a Life by Emma Scott is? Yep, Suanne Laqueur!! Author of Rush and author of The Man I Love together- that should be a great read!!
Theresa: I love my Emma Scott.
Ashley: So excited when it popped up on my kindle last night! Can’t wait to start it
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
P.P.S. Don’t have a Kindle? No problem! Amazon offers various free Kindle apps and a free Kindle Cloud reader for any and ALL of us to use. You can either use the free Kindle App for your smartphone, tablet, AND your desktop computer (just like you’re using a Kindle, but right through your web browser <— No need to download anything! )
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free ebooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- Broken Promises: Trystan Scott Novel by H.M. Ward
- Legend: The REAL series, Book 6 by Katy Evans
- Fashionably Dead by Robyn Peterman
- The Hurricane by R. J. Prescott
- Truce: The Historic Neighbor from Hell by R.L. Mathewson
- Perfectly Imperfect by Harper Sloan
- Sacked: Gridiron Series #1 by Jen Frederick
BARGAINS & READER RECOMMENDATIONS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).
- Wild Dirty Secret: A Bad Boy Romance Boxed Set by Skye Warren <— SERIES BUNDLE at a bargain price!
- A Small Indiscretion: A Novel <— PYSCH THRILLER right up my alley and on sale!! Once a “bad girl” now a happy wife with children… until a photo comes back to haunt her… “Past and present collide, Annie’s marriage falters, and her son takes a car ride that ends with his life hanging in the balance. Now Annie must confront her own transgressions and fight for her family by untangling the mysteries of the turbulent winter that drew an invisible map of her future.“
- Eat Cake: A Novel by Jeanne Ray <— Suanne Laqueur recommends this!! This one was recommended to me by one of my favorite authors! And I’m sure you guys, too!! She says: “I’d love for you to read this. It’s quick, light, fun and totally delicious. It’s not a romance. But it has cake. A LOT of cake.”
- Wicked Sexy Liar (Wild Seasons Book 4) by Christina Lauren <— Lisa loved this recent release! “Just finished Wicked Sexy Liar and loved it. Just what the Dr ordered ..no angst or heart ache or frustrating missed communications. But these girls are so talented at creating believable H/hs who stay true to character (no wall flowers or wilting doormats here). And what a joy that is to really have the players all so well fleshed out and defined that you never have those WTF moments and out of character moments. Even the cameos of past book H/hs are still true to form…just how you remembered them. I’m not always a massive fan of dual POV but it works here and for two girls CL really have a disturbingly uncanny knack of portraying the inner working of the male mind….they give good guy speak! The added humor is just icing on the Christina Lauren cake.” and Grey agrees! “I finished Wicked Sexy Liar… a happy little read… light on the angst, completely what I expect from a Christina Lauren read.”
- The Rumor: A Novel by Elin Hilderbrand <— Amy (one of my book-twins) enjoyed this one! “No angst, no ugly crying, no twisting of my gut, and nothing traumatic, but I keep dropping my iPad and covering my face and saying “oh sh!t” so I’m having fun with it! Finished The Rumor (it was a really good one!)”
- When We Fall: A Take the Fall Novel by Marquita Valentine <— SUPER-BARGAIN PRICED! BAD-BOY & GOOD-GIRL ROOMMATE ALERT! “…when Piper sees a chance to get close to Jase, she makes her move—literally. As his new roommate, and as the office manager of his tattoo shop, Piper won’t be satisfied until Jase knows that she wants to be his.”
- The Valentine: The Wedding Pact #4 by Denise Grover Swank <— JUST RELEASED & BARGAIN PRICED!
- The Last Anniversary by Liane Moriarty <— Oh WOW… this just went on even MORE SUPER-BARGAIN sale. I just bought it, on the first “super-sale” too… LOL!
- Glass Sword (Red Queen) by Victoria Aveyard <— SO MANY LOVED “Red Queen“ and now this one has just gone live! Rebecca says: “Red Queen (from your list), was simply epic. Hunger Games feel, and this is a great one for fantasy virgins, as you’re thrown straight into the story, instead of world building. Optioned for a movie deal!! I really hope you take the plunge, and of course, I would adore a List of other people’s recommendations!!”
- The Witches of Cambridge: A Novel by Menna Van Praag <— MODERN-DAY WITCHES AT A CONVENTION (and an angsty love triangle between sisters and one man…) Oops!!
- Justice (NOLA Zombie Book 4) by Gillian Zane
- Xan’s Feisty Mate, Iron Wolves MC 2 by Elle Boon
- Marked by Courage: Vampire Shifter Romance (Blood Red Series Book 3) by W.J. May
- Blue Moon Rising (Coyote’s Call Book 3) by Bailey Bradford
- Purrloined: Other World Agency by Izzy Szyn
- Hades’ Return by N.J. Walters
- Hood’s Heart (Reincarnation Romance Chronicles Book 1) by Dana Michelle Burnett
- Morning Star: Book III of The Red Rising Trilogy by Pierce Brown <— BLOWING UP THE CHARTS!!! It’s already #23 in ALL of Kindle books… and I know many of our reading crew were impatiently waiting for it! Michelle: “I HAVE to start Morning Star as soon as it shows up on my kindle. Soooooo excited *bouncing* get here soon!” and Fabi: “I finished Golden Son late last night. So late that I overslept this morning. Holy crap! It was so hard waiting between Red Rising and Golden Son. I don’t know how in the world I’m going to stay sane waiting for Morning Star.”
- Hunted by Darkness (Darkness Series Book 4) by Katie Reus
- Grave Discovery (A Maddie Graves Mystery Book 6) by Lily Harper Hart
- Surrender to the Sea (Lords of the Abyss Book 4) by Michelle M. Pillow
- Peace (The Four Horsemen Book 5) by T.A. Chase
- Cursed Wrath (Deadly Sins Book 1) by DeCota A. Jaymes
- Hero Rising (Heroes of Saturn Book 4) by Anna Alexander
- MACK (The King Series Book 4) by Mimi Jean Pamfiloff <— FABI!!! IT was released EARLY!!!!! She says: “*hitting the floor – thud* I think I just died and went to heaven. On February 15th … *drumroll* From New York Times Bestseller Mimi Jean Pamfiloff, Comes the New Standalone Story of Mack from the King Trilogy. MACK (The King Trilogy Book 4)”
- Jockblocked: A Novel (Gridiron Book 2) by Jen Frederick <— BREAKING NEWS UPDATE! JUST WENT LIVE TONIGHT!
- Legend (The REAL series Book 6) by Katy Evans <— NEW GUY IN TOWN/BAD-A$$ FIGHTER ALERT!! Oh you guys I LOVE the premise!! He’s supposed to fight Remy!!! BUT BUT BUT!!! It’s the girl he meets (and her ties to Remy that mess him all up! LOL!!!) I LOVE IT! “He’s got a personal score to settle with the Underground’s one and only Remington “Riptide” Tate. As Mav trains, he meets a young girl—the only other new person in the town—and sparks fly. When things get heated between them, he finds out she’s none other than Reese Dumas, the cousin of Remington Tate’s wife. A girl who’s supposed to root against him and a girl he’s supposed to stay away from.” <— *whoooooops!!!* YAY!!!
- How to Save a Life by Emma Scott <— THE ONE I’M READING RIGHT NOW!!!!
- Falling for Home by Jody Holford
- Barbed Wire Bandages by Catherine Black
- Leaving Yesterday: A Laurel Falls Novel by Zoe Dawson
- A Woman’s Worth (Close Quarters Book 1) by Audra North
- The End of the World by Amy Matayo <— 2 FOSTER KIDS IN THE SAME BAD HOME ALERT! “It doesn’t take long for Cameron to learn that Shaye is shackled to the worst kind of pain…living in a home where nothing seems right…” and we already have two that have read it and LOVED it! Kandra: “And I’ve read The End of the World by Amy Matayo. Loved it. Every bit of it! Definitely worth the read – my absolute fave book of 2016 right now (and my fave that she’s written). So glad to see it on your list!!” AND Emily: “Loved The End of the World by Amy Matayo. I’ve loved all of her books, but this one is my favorite so far. Can’t wait for more from her.”
- No Longer Captive (Freedom Series Book 1) by Rai Lindsay-Wallace
- The Thing Is by Kathleen Gerard
- Beyond Repair (Broken Girl Book 1) by Annie Hughes
- Mending Heartstrings <— FAMOUS COUNTRY STAR and a regular girl alert! “On her last night in Nashville, the staunchly pragmatic Sabella found herself in a situation more suited to a romance novel than reality. Swept away, she ignored her rigidly self-imposed rules, succumbing to the fantasy just this once. But she knows real-world relationships have nothing in common with their fictionalized portrayals…“
- Heartstorm by Jessica Perez
- Spring (The Pleasure Quartet) by Vina Jackson
- Ink and Lies by S.L. Jennings <— INTRIGUING BLURB ALERT! He’s a liar? “You see, I once lived for the perfect plot twist. I just never expected to actually live it. This is my story. Well, maybe her story. I just wish I could make it our story.The one I’m still writing.”
- ADORE (Spiral of Bliss #4) by Nina Lane
- Feel (Sovereign Book 3) by BJ Harvey
- Valentine Wishes (Baxter Academy Book 1) by Jane Charles
- Wild at Heart (Healing Harts) by T. J. Kline
- Bait & Switch (Alphas Undone Book 1) by Kendall Ryan <— HE HAS TWO WOMEN?!! Ruh roh. Do they even know this?! Or is this a clever blurb trick? “The only things real in his life are his beloved bulldog and the two women in his life. One is soft and innocent, someone he could build a real future with. But the other is dark and gives him all of the wicked things he craves behind closed doors.“
- Lightning Lingers (Lightning Strikes Book 2) by Barbara Freethy
- The Consequence of Seduction by Rachel Van Dyken
- Rescuing Rayne (Delta Force Heroes Book 1) by Susan Stoker <— A FLIGHT ATTENDANT & HER ONE-NIGHT STAND ALERT! “Both are shocked when, months later, they meet again—under the worst possible circumstances. Seems fate has given them a second chance…if they can survive the terrorist situation they’re in…“
- Savage: London Mob: Book One by Michelle St. James
- A Home In Sunset Bay by Rebecca Pugh
- Searching for Mine: A Searching For Novella by Jennifer Probst <— TEACHER-STUDENT ALERT! She’s a single mother and a professor, and one of her students is a cock a$$!! “…who’s failing her class and trying to charm his way into a better grade. Fuming at his chauvinistic tendencies, Ella teaches him the ultimate lesson by giving him a special project to help his grade. When sparks fly, neither of them are ready to face their true feelings…“
- Some Sort of Love: A Happy Crazy Love Novel by Melanie Harlow <— SEXY SINGLE DAD ALERT!!! She’s got a great life, but no love life… until she runs into her bad-boy, dirty-mouthed one night stand. “Being a good father means everything to him, but he’s keeping me at a distance because he thinks I deserve someone better — a man who can give me more time, more attention, more of himself. He doesn’t believe he could ever be enough. But he’s wrong. He’s everything.”
- Scorched Souls: The Complete Saga: Books 1-4 by C.L. Riley
- Copper Lilies by Bradon Nave
- His Light in the Dark by L.A. Fiore <— DARK CHILDHOOD & THE GIRL WHO WAS ALWAYS THERE FOR HIM “…she fought for me, kept the light on so I’d find my way back. And when I did, life threw us a curveball. I had to hurt Mia in order to save her. But when my past comes back to haunt me and I almost lose her, I’m ready to fight for her…fight to find a way back into her heart while keeping the demons from my past from finishing what they started…“
- Give Yourself Away by Barbara Elsborg <— Teri’s excited about this author!! “I love Barbara Elsborg. She writes fabulous m/m and f/m with intense emotion, just one clicked her new one listed here.”
- Beyond Love Lies Deceit: A Romantic Suspense by Melissa Toppen <— SHE’S LOOKING FOR REVENGE but… “I wasn’t looking for love in my pursuit of revenge. It was the last thing I expected or even wanted for that matter. But it happened just the same. Now I’m trapped. Trapped within the lies I have created.“
- Stark After Dark: Take Me, Have Me, Play My Game, Seduce Me by J. Kenner
- The Death of Lila Jane by Teresa Mummert
- To the Stars: A Thatch Novel (Thatch Series Book 2) by Molly McAdams <— SECOND CHANCE ROMANCE?!! It’s a standalone!! “When they were younger, Knox Alexander swore to Harlow Evans that he would wait for her to turn eighteen so they could be together. But that was two and a half years away, and Harlow couldn’t ask him to give up all the fun and thrills of going away to college for her. As the years passed, Knox remained a constant in her life but when her eighteenth birthday came around, Harlow’s heart belonged to someone else…” <— oh oh…
- Bound, Spanked and Loved: Fourteen Kinky Valentine’s Day Stories <— 14 ALL-NEW, standalone novellas!!
- Hearts and Daggers <— 8 all new tantalizing tales.
- Real Men Do It Better: Steamy Romance Boxset
- Burn: a Tease novella by Alexis Anne
- Dream Girls: Nicole by Carrie Thomas <— A NERDY GIRL & A BAD-BOY RECLUSE! “Two years of knowing glances, private talks, and a connection that surprises them both, come to a head when Corey draws a line in the sand…”
- Obsession (The Forbidden Series Book 2) by Michelle Betham
- Call Me, Maybe by Ellie Cahill
- Business and Pleasure by Jinni James
- The Dangerous Gift by Jane Hunt
- Current by Abby McCarthy <— THIS ONE SOUNDS LIKE IT’S ALL SORTS OF ANGSTY (and twisty, too!) “He was going to run away to be with her. Then, his abusive father destroyed their happiness. Years later, June sits down to write a review for the band Silent Tides and is floored when she comes face to face with Lucas the keyboardist. Lucas looks so familiar; the resemblance to Jake is uncanny…“
- Palm South University: Season 1 Box Set by Kandi Steiner
- Bride Protector SEAL (Brotherhood Protector Series Book 2) by Elle James
- Lost in Her (A K2 Team Novel) by Sandra Owens
- Reserved: A Love Story by Tracy Ewens
- The One Who Got Away by Kristina Wright
- A Chance at Love: A Christian Romance Novel by T.K. Chapin
- The Pleasure Zone (Zane Presents) by Cairo
- Drive (Cougars, Cars and Kink) by Teresa Noelle Roberts <— OLDER WOMAN, YOUNGER MAN (plus he’s a Dom and a cop!!) ALERT! “…they’re barely out of the driveway when Neil’s cop instincts kick in. They’ve got a tail…and it looks dangerously like her ex’s secrets looming large—and deadly—in their rear-view mirror…“
- Loving the Master (The Manse) by Lynn Kelling <— M/M ROMANCE!
- Raining Down Rules (Raining Down Series Book 1) by BK Rivers
- Sins, Lies & Spies (Black Brothers Series Book 2) by Lisa Cardiff
- Just One of Those Things (Harmony Springs Book 1) by Mindy Klasky
PRE-ORDERS (next couple of days AND next week’s)
- Act of Command: An Immortal Ops World Novel (PSI-Ops / Immortal Ops Book 4) by Mandy M. Roth – February 11th 2016
- Loving Dangerously by Laramie Briscoe - February 11th 2016
- Identical Disaster (The Sterling Shore Series Book 8) by C.M. Owens - February 14th 2016
- Over You (A Mr. Darcy Romance Novel) by H.M. Ward & L.G. Castillo - February 14th 2016
- Fade Into You (Shaken Dirty) by Tracy Wolff
- The Billionaire by J.R. Ward - February 15th 2016
- Frigid Affair by Jennifer Foor - February 15th 2016
- Unfinished Business by Nora Roberts - February 15th 2016
- You’re Still the One (Country Blues) by Rachel Harris - February 15th 2016
- Cowgirl Bride by Susan Mallery - February 15th 2016
- Unfinished Business by Nora Roberts - February 15th 2016
- Emergency Engagement (Love Emergency) by Samanthe Beck - February 15th 2016
- Trouble Maker: A MacKenzie Family Novel (The MacKenzie Family) by Liliana Hart - February 16th 2016
- Yes, Mr. Van Der Wells (Not Another Billionaire Romance) by S. Ann Cole - February 16th 2016
- Ghost Talker: The Ghost Seer Series by Robin D. Owens - February 16th 2016
- Unexpected Rush: A Play-by-Play Novel by Jaci Burton - February 16th 2016
- One Day Soon by A. Meredith Walters - February 18th 2016
- Throne of Glass 5 by Sarah J. Maas – September 6th 2016
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).