Latest Paranormal & Contemporary Romance Book Releases – January 14th 2014

by Maryse on January 14, 2014 · 27 comments

<— This cover is veryyyyyy enticing, and the fact that the hero is an MMA fighter makes it sound that much better! ;) Plus, it has a crazy amount of awesome reviews already and it was just released yesterday! Today’s list consists of only one fighter that I know of, but we’ve got plenty of tattoos, boys with bad attitudes, billionaires with control-issues, one super-taboo sounding read (eeeep!), rock stars, physically scarred heroes and even brothers caught in a love triangle <— *waggles eyebrows* this one is REALLY calling me.

These are a few of the ones that gave me an excited “I-want-to-read-it-now” synopsis jolt, today: Enticed (the brothers in a love triangle), Fighting For Irish (MMA!!), All These Pieces of Me (scarred hero), Shelter You (controlling guy looking out for seventeen year old and her newborn) and Friend-Zoned (I know this one’s not a new release but a reader mentioned she’d totally re-read it!

A bit of everything for anything I’m in the mood for (and I’ve noted a bunch that have me curious).

P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).

BARGAINS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).

• Slammed: A Novel by Colleen Hoover <— one of my most favorite books in the whole wide world, with an awesome and very exciting twist, (thanks Kat!!) – here is my review
  • Love’s Forbidden Flower by Diane Rinella <– Nancy found us this deal saying: “50% Into LOVE’S FORBIDDEN FLOWER by Diane Rinella & it is a very taboo subject, but really emotional. The second book is out: TIME’S FORBIDDEN FLOWER & a short additional story: LOVE’S EROTIC FLOWER.” Ohhhh tabooooo you say? Oh I just read the synopsis. Eeeeeep!!
  • Music of the Soul (Runaway Train 2.5) by Katie Ashley <— latest rock star release from Katie Ashley!! (thanks Kat!)
  • Temptation (The Temptation Series #1) by K.M. Golland
  • The Seaside Series (New Adult Rocker Boxed Set) by Rachel Van Dyken <— the entire series bundled and on sale right now!! (thanks Stephanie) “Bored with life, she can’t wait to graduate high school and get out of town, especially considering the famous band members from AD2 suddenly start attending her school, making her once boring life, absolutely insane.
  • Beck (Corps Security, Book 3) by Harper Sloan <— Tricia says: Great series! (Corps Security Series Reading Order)
  • The Do Over by A.L. Zaun <— (book #2 was just released – see it below)
  • Friend-Zoned by Belle Aurora <— Aimee LOVES it!!! “Okay ladies…so..I finished reading Friend Zoned by Belle Aurora. This was a crazy good book, totally would read again and looking forward to the next one. I love when authors include the name of a song in the book as the story progresses. I always pull it up on the internet so I can hear what they are hearing as I continue reading. Well…let me just say, I have listened to Impossible performed by James Arthur over and over and over and over again. Man, gives me goosebumps!! *sigh* good stuff.
  • Love Thy Neighbor (Friend-Zoned) by Belle Aurora <— this is book #2 and Lori loves #1 AND #2: “I loved this book hard, and the second is just as good!” Kandace too: “I love friend zoned. The second book is just as good.”
  • Play It Safe by Kristen Ashley <— another two of Kristen Ashley’s bookswent on sale!! Love her!! —-> Bobbi says: “I’m in the middle of Play It Safe now and LOVE it so far!” and Brazgirl agrees: “Me too… Am in the middle of Play it Safe … One of KA bests!!!!”
  • Heaven and Hell by Kristen Ashley <— this one, too! And Adriana says: “Both freaking excellent books!!”
  • Tangled: A New Adult Romance Boxed Set (12 Book Bundle of Billionaires, Bad Boys, and Royalty) <— entire set bundled right now! “Think high school was complicated? Welcome to the after party! Filled with billionaires, pro athletes, a biker, a cop, a crown prince, and even a white knight or two, this collection gathers 12 of the hottest adult romance stories from New York Times, USA Today, and Nook and Kindle bestselling authors!”
  • Falling For Her Fiance: An Accidentally in Love Novel (Entangled Bliss) by Cindi Madsen <— looks so cute!!!
  • Sid (The Protectors Series) Book #4 by Teresa Gabelman <— fairly new paranormal (vampires!) release and lots of great reviews for it, too! “A human with a special gift, Lana Fitzpatrick’s life is complicated. When Sid Sinclair charges into her life, her complicated life becomes torturous; his charm and wit draws her in like no other. Having dealt with alpha men most of her life, she is a match made in heaven for the VC Warrior who thinks he is God’s gift to women.
  • A is for Alpha Male by Laurel Curtis <— Lindsay found us this one saying “A is for Alpha! I heard its a good one if you’re a KA fan.”

PARANORMAL

CONTEMPORARY

Toni January 14, 2014 at 1:50 PM

Anyone know the significance of the 1001 Dark Nights. Lots of books by some great authors coming out this year using this header.

Maryse January 14, 2014 at 1:59 PM

I have an answer! Larissa Ione (one of the authors for this series) just posted this:

“Hi everyone! Okay, so remember the 1001 Dark Nights project I’m part of with almost a dozen amazing authors? Well, the first book in the series, Forever Wicked by Shayla Black, releases today!

All of the books are connected via the “heroine” of the series, who travels through time and, in the spirit of Scheherazade, tells a new tale every month.”

Maryse January 14, 2014 at 2:00 PM

*whoops*. Maybe I should put it in paranormal?

Toni January 14, 2014 at 2:01 PM

Thanks Maryse…been looking at these on preorder for awhile now and knew they had to have some connection.

Lindsay January 14, 2014 at 2:18 PM

A is for Alpha is .99! I heard its a good one if you’re a KA fan.

Maryse January 14, 2014 at 2:21 PM

Oh YAY!! Okay I’ll add it in. :)

Amy January 14, 2014 at 2:25 PM

Fighting for Irish is going on my list. It wouldn’t have to do with my Irish blood or anything. ;) Okay, I know it’s just the guy’s name, but still…

Oh! Maryse, I had a martini the other night at dinner which is *perfect* for the passion we all love to read in our books. A “passion” martini – hibiscus vodka (I know!), raspberry puree and lemonade. O.M.G.

cathy January 14, 2014 at 2:27 PM

Remembering Us by Stacey Lynn is a new release today!

Maryse January 14, 2014 at 2:41 PM

I’m on it Amy!!!! Sounds AH-MAZING. I have a friend who insists hibiscus tea is the best thing ever, so imagine hibiscus vodka!!??? Whooo!! :P

Maryse January 14, 2014 at 2:42 PM

Thank you Cathy! I’m putting it up. :)

Maryse January 14, 2014 at 2:44 PM

Cathy that one sounds really good too!!

Jean January 14, 2014 at 3:29 PM

Ooooo….I just 1-clicked Remembering Us……looks soooo good!! And, I really want to read Forbidden, but I am a big baby and I think I have to let Maryse read and review it first!! Good luck Maryse! Haha! And thanks for that clarification on 1001 Dark Nights! I was also a little confused.

Georgia January 14, 2014 at 7:39 PM

BECK was soo good. The whole series is. The whole series has me in tears but it is soo good. Heaven and Hell and Play it safe are just as good. Currently reading Fire inside .. Also KA at her best. Will download A is for Alpha and Cynthia maxwell. I have not read that series. MMA … Loving it already!

Amy January 14, 2014 at 7:58 PM

Jean, Love’s Forbidden Flower can’t be much more difficult than Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma (I hope, because I just one-clicked LFF!). Forbidden had my heart hurting and my stomach feeling sick while at the same time feeling like the “nope octopus.” ;) Gotta love those taboo books…

Lindsay January 14, 2014 at 8:33 PM

I vouch for the Hibiscus tea! Us Mexicans call it “Jamaica” and I’ve drank it with some to-kill-ya. DELISH

Diane Rinella January 14, 2014 at 10:21 PM

Thank you for posting about Love’s Forbidden Flower. I truly appreciate the support!

All the best,
Diane

Jennifer January 15, 2014 at 1:24 AM

Tears of Tess and Quintessentially Q from last week’s list are amazing….dark, detailed, and sexy. I highly recommend

Maryse January 15, 2014 at 2:11 AM

I’m reading Forbidden as we speak! Amaaaaazing writing, great story so far (I’m 30-something percent in) and I’m scared! LOL!

Alicia Taylor January 15, 2014 at 4:46 AM

Brilliant list of books!

Jean January 15, 2014 at 9:03 AM

Oh good Maryse! I KNEW you would read that one next! Can’t wait for your review and then I’ll know whether I want to proceed with having my heart ripped apart!

Amy, thanks! I know I will read Forbidden and Love’s Forbidden Flower because I do love the taboo….but I just dread those “stomach pains”!!!

Angie H. January 15, 2014 at 2:33 PM

Fighting for Irish is absolutely the BEST in Gina L. Maxwell’s MMA Fighter/Sexy Alpha series yet! Read it in one sitting, of course, and let it be known that her Reid Andrews (Seducing Cinderella) is my #1 Book Boyfriend, sooooo it’s not easy letting another ripped sex god into my bed-I mean-head, HEAD! lol

Sarah January 15, 2014 at 3:40 PM

VAIN and GREED are both 99 cents today!:)

Oh, and I totally devoured “Shelter You” from yesterday’s list….REALLY good!! So sweet!

Tritia January 16, 2014 at 12:47 PM

Another Bargain Book, but it’s not via Amazon its via Simon and Schuste for the Marriage Trap by Jennifer Probst. They have it for $1.99. I loved this series!

cathy January 17, 2014 at 10:47 AM

I just noticed that Remembering Us has been dropped to $0.99, Maryse! It was an amazing book! You have to read it!

Laura January 17, 2014 at 12:12 PM

Oh ok read all these pieces of me and enticed, enticed was ok but loved all these pieces of me AND its the 1st in the stables series and book 2 if already out!!

Tiffany January 17, 2014 at 10:14 PM

Ok, I am taking your advise and just started Fighting for Irish.
Can’t wait. Needing a good read to end a crazy work week.

Angie H. January 17, 2014 at 10:25 PM

Nothing like starting your weekend off with a bang, Tiffany ;) Hope it’s just what the ripped MMA Fighter ordered lol