Wheeeeeeee!!! Tons. Tons on here that have me giggling with glee, and what’s fun is that I’ve actually been diving into recent-past “new-to-me books” that I’ve been posting over the last couple of weeks. And… we’ve found some real gems. So I’m pretty excited to see a bunch more “potentially awesome” ones, today!
Right now I’m reading a brand new release called “Used” by Lynetta Halat. I’m enjoying it so far (not sure I’m convinced with the “reasoning” behind her issues and self-sabotage… *yet*) BUT!!!! I AM enjoying the guys she’s about to put into a downward spiral. She’s caught between a rock and a hard place (poooor her ). Hehe. She’s a barrel racer, and he’s a champion bull-rider, and the other “he” (her sexy best friend and once potential love-of-her-life) is a umm… a calf-tier-upper? LOL! Sorry, I’m not good with rodeo-speak yet, even though I’ve been to a few rodeos myself (so this read is right up my alley). A nice change of “background theme” although I’m thinking it’s going to get soooo romantically angsty. I’m hoping it’s gonna hurt!
Okay so here are a few “new-to-me” finds that have made me mini-clap today, that I’ve just added to my TBR list: Long Way Home (childhood nemesis all the way into their 30′s. Sounds like fun!), The Betwixt Series (I one-clicked that one immediately), Ignite (was on my radar last week and is so even more after the recommendations I’ve received), A Little Too Hot (but I still need to catch up with book #2), Beyond Ransom <— (Dark read and I’m nervous, but then again, I love that feeling when I’m reading), Tainted (also makes me nervous. Depending on the writing style, might be awesome, or might be overwhelming, considering all of the factor thrown in to this story line. I’m definitely going to sample).
P.S. Oh and lots of Military bad-asses on this list today, and I also want to read the majority of those, too (I noted them below). They sound crazier than usual. ;)
P.P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
BARGAINS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).
- Long Way Home by Ann Vaughn <— I came across this during a “fluke” search on Amazon, and it sounds right up my alley! And bargain-priced, too. I’ve never heard of it before, but it seems to have that whole “bully/hate each other growing up” aspect… – right up in to their 30′s. “Shane McCanton and Tessa Kelly were childhood enemies. Everything was a contest to them and Tessa always seemed to show Shane that nice guys finished last. Things change, however, when hormones take over and Shane begins to see the perpetual thorn-in-his-side as more than just his childhood nemesis… Tessa had never meant to set into motion events that led to their childhood rivalry, but once it started, she embraced it with gusto…until her world started to fall apart and she realized that Shane was the one constant in her life, her rock who would never leave her and help her find her Long Way Home…“
- Secret Maneuvers (Ex Ops Series) by Jessie Lane <—BAD ASS ALERT! Here’s a recent release (last week) that I missed, I thought I’d make up for it in the bargains section. Looks good. Sounds crazy, and as I lightly (and I mean lightly) skimmed the reviews, I read the “hero” can be an ass! Yay. I love when they make me mad. In books.
- Not Another Soldier by Samantha Holt <— Another new release that I missed by a few days last week, why not add it here. Plus, he’s a Marine, and it sounds angsty. “I’ve just buried my husband. I was going to divorce him and now he’s dead. After five years as a military wife, Sienna is moving on. She’s keen to leave behind the misery of her marriage to Rob but for some reason the past won’t let her go. It doesn’t help that her closest friend, Nick, is also a soldier. Unfortunately Sienna is struggling to deny her attraction to the sexy marine, even knowing there can be no future in it. When the injured soldier admits he wants her just as badly, and has always wanted her, the fight to control her feelings becomes harder.”
- The Way Home (Lights of Peril) by A.C. Baxtor <— BIKER ALERT – I missed this recent release too, and it’s book #2 in this biker series (not a standalone)
- Holding On (Lights of Peril) by A.C. Baxtor <— and here’s book #1
- The Betwixt Series Omnibus by Melissa Pearl <— the entire series bundled and it looks soooo good! “Beautiful, wild-child, Nicole Tepper, is hit by a car and left for dead. But when she wakes the next morning, Nicole finds herself in bed without a scratch. … Things take a turn for the weird when Nicole soon discovers she is actually hovering between life and death. Her body is lying in the forest while her spirit is searching for anyone who can hear her. Unfortunately the only person who can is Dale Finnigan, the guy she publicly humiliated with a sharp-tongued insult that has left him branded.” <— I totally just one-clicked this! And Megan recommends it! “I can’t say that I have any one favorite book, more like too many, so I will just name one of the more recent ones. Betwixt by Melissa Pearl!”
- Finding Solace by Barbara Speak <— Recommended by Stacy: “Finding Solace by Barbara Speak is an AWESOME read!!! Book 2 is being written now.”
- Remembering Us by Stacy Lynn <— I just have to recommend this one again (in case you missed my review from a few days ago), wonderfully written, and a very unique story. Different but right up our alley. Kept me guessing and I read it in one sitting! My book review of Remembering Us.
- Rock Gods of Romance Boxed Set (6 Book RockStar Bundle) <— bundled
- Dear Emily (Forever Family) by Trudy Stiles <— this one’s getting FANTASTIC reviews. It just went on sale but I’m hearing only for a week.
- Ignite by R.J. Lewis <— I think this one’s got the “biker/MC” them going on. It made it on last’s week’s list as a new release (remember? childhood friends turned into more, but she left and then came back and now he’s hostile…), and we’re starting to get great feedback! Shanda just commented saying: “Okay readers, I am highly recommending Ignite by R.J. Lewis. (99 cents right now on Amazon)Uber angsty. My house could have been burning down and I wouldn’t have put the book down. It was so good. It does end on a cliffhanger, however the 2nd book and the conclusion comes out next week January 30th” and Michelle agrees: “I enjoyed this book also”
- Just One Night by Kyra Davis <— Aimee found out this one dropped in price – “But as her thirtieth birthday looms, buried feelings begin to resurrect. Her friend takes her to Vegas for one last wild and crazy night. In a dress much shorter and sexier than anything she has ever dared to wear before, she hits the blackjack tables. And meets him. Under the tailored clothes it’s clear that this is a man who is intense, powerful, and maybe even a little dangerous. With a touch of trepidation she accepts his invitation to get a drink, and before long, she’s in his hotel room.”
- SLACK: A Day in the Life of Ford Aston (Rook and Ronin Spin-off) by J.A. Huss <— spin off from that series where the models fall in love with each other! Plus the second spinoff book was just released (see it below). Oh and here’s the series reading order.
- Saved By His Submissive (Book 1 of the WILD — Warriors Intense in Love & Domination — Boys of Special Forces) by Angel Payne <— Aimee found us this one saying: ” been watching this one for a while… ” <— WHOA. This one sounds crazy. “Garrett Hawkins is the most valuable asset to his Special Forces unit—because frankly, the guy doesn’t care if he lives or dies anymore. Since the love of his life, Sage Weston, was kidnapped and killed with her medical unit a year ago, Garrett has turned the shell of his soul into the armor of a finely-tuned fighting machine. Being the first tapped for the unit’s craziest missions is just fine by him. The less time for memories, and the agony they carve into his soul, the better.” <— and then during a mission… he finds her. Alive.
- Steal the Moon (Thieves) by Lexi Blake
- Dark Bites: A Short Story Collection (Dark-Hunter Novels) by Sherrilyn Kenyon
- Dirty Magic (Prospero’s War) by Jaye Wells
- Craig’s Heart (Legacy) by N.J. Walters
- A Little Too Hot by Lisa Desrochers <—- Eeeeep!! Book #3 (in fact, here’s my 5-star review of book #1 —> A Little Too Far)
- Beyond Ransom (The Ransom Series) by A.T. Douglas <— DARK READ ALERT! Michele is looking out for our “dark read” needs, pointing out this brand new release and saying: “Dark read alert – I am starting to see this one all over, I definitely one clicked, it’s right up our alley!!!!” Oh and!! I struggled with where to put this one (up there in the bargains, or down here in the New releases).
- The Professional: Part 3 by Kresley Cole <— the finale is out!! (ex-fighter/mob-enforcer). Here’s the series reading order.
- Used (Unlovable, #1) (Unlovable Series) by Lynetta Halat <— this is the one I’m reading right now, ’cause it’s not only a love triangle but a HATE one. Ohhhhhh!!! I couldn’t help myself, and when I asked for an “unrequited love romance read” yesterday, this one came up a bunch!!
“Thinking she’s found the perfect hookup in Ransom, Denver’s outlook on college is bright. That is, until Greer shows up looking for a second chance, and Ransom’s interest turns to hatred.
Love. Hate. Triangle. Who’s using who?”
- Pieces Of You & Me (Book 1 of 2) by Pamela Ann <— oh lookie! Another “bully/romantic tension” book, and this was the answer to the reader question a few weeks ago. “Olivia Taylor’s life turned upside down when she found out her mother was moving into her boyfriend’s home. The glitch? The boyfriend had a son named Greyson–the guy she loathed more than anything.“
- Worn Me Down (Playing With Fire, #3) by Tara Sivec <— I hear these can be read as standalones!
- Loving Cara (Love Under the Big Sky) by Kristen Proby <— nice cover. It’s Paul! “Cara Donovan’s summer tutoring job is turning out to be a challenge—and not just because of her troubled twelve-year-old student. It’s his uncle Josh who’s the real problem. If problem is the word for an irresistibly cocky, muscle-bound rancher with a taste for tight Levi’s and shameless flirtation. . . .“
- Cherished (Wanted) by Kelly Elliott
- Tainted (The VIP Room) by Jamie Begley <— ROCK STAR alert! Although, that cover made me nervous, and after reading the blurb, I see why. There’s more to it than the rock star life, I see. It pretty much looks like a dark read. Or darkish, for sure. “Kaden Cross had it all: money, fame, and women, but he lost it all in one night. One night that would forever change him. Forced from obscurity and into the limelight as the lead singer of the band Mouth2Mouth, Kaden returns to the lifestyle that almost destroyed him. The last thing he wanted was to find a sexy drugged out redhead waiting for him in his bed. Finding out that she’s the victim of a sex slave ring, puts Mouth2Mouth in peril, because the only way to save the woman he’s started to love, means denying her the one thing she wants the most. Freedom.”
- The Spellbinder: A Loveswept Contemporary Romance by Iris Johansen <— stage actor and an escort in danger…
- Unraveled (Woodlands) by Jen Frederick <— Book #3 just released! A Marine hero!! “Twenty-two year old Samantha Anderson lost her husband to an IED in Afghanistan just two months after their vows. Two years later, Sam is full of regrets–that she didn’t move with her husband to Alaska; that she allowed her friends to drift away; that she hasn’t taken many chances in life. Now, she’s met Gray and taking a risk on this Marine could be her one opportunity to feel alive and in love again. But how can she risk her heart on another military man who could share the same tragic fate as her husband?“
- Betting on You: (InterMix) (A Danvers Novella) by Sydney Landon
- Wake Up Maggie (The Misadventures of Maggie Mae) by Beth Yarnall
- Untouched: (InterMix) (A Silver Creek Romance) by Maisey Yates <— “Her older brothers Cole and Cade have always been too good at protecting her innocence, but even they can’t stop her from taking a second job—where her boss just so happens to be the kind of bad boy she craves. Too bad he’s also the one guy in Silver Creek she should never touch… When Quinn Parker introduces himself, Lark tries to quit on the spot. Everyone knows Quinn was behind the accident that ended Cade’s rodeo career.” <— run roh!
- She’s All Tied Up (Club 3) by Cathryn Cade <— ex-marine Dom, not interested in anything “more”. Hey! Weren’t we looking for one of these “unrequited love alpha romances” yesterday? “When she’s rescued from her latest dating debacle by bodybuilder Jake Stone, she can’t resist his invitation to his BDSM club. The results are orgasmic, and Carlie comes back for more…until the night she goes all in. And Jake’s reaction, driven by a ghost from his past, drives her back into her shell.“
- Savor: A Billionaire Bachelors Club Novel by Monica Murphy
- His to Possess #6: Forever by Opal Carew
- Irresistible Stranger: A Loveswept Classic Romance by Linda Cajio
- Final Vow (Bluegrass Brothers) by Kathleen Brooks <— latest release in this popular series!! Tons of great reviews for each book!
- King of the Mountain: A Loveswept Classic Romance by Fran Baker
- Lantern Lake: The Billionaire Bachelors by Lily Everett
- This Time Around (Maybe #2) by Chantal Fernando <— MMA fighter!! Right right right… I remember where this one is from! I read book #1 (here’s my review of it: Maybe This Time)
- Coming Home by Priscilla Glenn <— “When a nostalgic trip back to her childhood home results in a chance encounter with Danny DeLuca, a smart-mouthed mechanic who’s as attractive as he is mysterious, Leah’s carefully cultivated walls begin to crumble. She finds herself unexpectedly drawn to Danny, despite his unreliable behavior and mixed signals. But Danny has a secret… “
- Love on Mimosa Lane (A Seasons of the Heart Novel) by Anna DeStefano <— “Law Beaumont and Kristen Hemmings have watched each other from a distance for years. But Law, a bartender with a bad-boy past, and Kristen, an assistant principal devoted to helping her community, couldn’t seem more different.“
- Meltdown: A Loveswept Classic Romance (Loveswept No. 558) by Ruth Owen
- My Heartache Cowboy: (Intermix) by Z.A. Maxfield <— m/m romance!
- Passion (Year of Fire) by Florencia Bonelli
- Rekindled (Titanium Security Series) by Kaylea Cross
- At First Sight: A Loveswept Classic Romance by Linda Cajio <— “In the presence of social services, Angelica blurts out that she and Dan are engaged—and before the unwitting couple knows it, they’re living together and acting as temporary parents until the newborn has a suitable home.” <— Yep. That’s a definite recipe for potential romance.
- Dirty Secrets: (InterMix) by Karen Rose
- Coming Home by Lydia Michaels
- A Reason To Breathe by C.P. Smith <— just released and already recommended quite a few times (I’m thinking since it’s still brand spankin’ new, the recommendations are coming from her beta readers). Marsha says: “it’s her debut novel and i absolutely loved it. A HOT Alpha sheriff,a sassy reporter,hot steamy sex and a serial killer all in one awesome book. If you love Kristen Ashley’s style you will definitely love this book.”
- Be Mine Forever (A St. Helena Vineyard Novel) by Marina Adair
- Believe: (Intermix) (True Believers) by Erin McCarthy <— “Phoenix is two days out of jail when he meets Robin at his cousin’s house, and he knows that he has no business talking to her, but he’s drawn to her quiet demeanor, sweet smile, and artistic talent. She doesn’t care that he’s done time, or that he only has five bucks to his name, and she supports his goal to be a tattoo artist. But Phoenix knows Robin has a secret, and that it’s a naïve dream to believe that his record won’t catch up with them at some point. Though neither is prepared for the explosive result when the past collides with the present…“
- TAUT: The Ford Book: (Rook and Ronin Spinoff) <— sexy model romance! And this spinoff was just released (thanks Kandace!!) - series reading order
- The Wrath of Sin (A Mortal Sin Novel) by Tabatha Vargo & Melissa Andrea <— The blurb has me intrigued (and I have no idea where it’s going… but it sounds dark – it is short though, so not sure if it’s a prequel or a cliffhanger?). “I’m not a murderer, but hate will make you do crazy things. I hate the man who stole my life from me, and it’s only fair that I steal something precious from him. But revenge is bittersweet when passion overpowers your reason, and what’s precious to him has become the voice of reason for me. Pushing me to feel human again, she threatens to change everything. She calls me Sin, and she’s about to feel my WRATH.” <— Eeeep!