Latest Paranormal & Contemporary Romance Book Releases – January 22nd 2013

by Maryse on January 22, 2013 · 26 comments

<— I hear this one has been highly anticipated (and I’ve received lots of awesome recommendations for this entire series as a whole). Here are today’s latest releases, including a new “novella” in Elizabeth Hunter’s Elemental Mysteries Series (see it below). :)

P.S. I’m 80% into Aleatha Romig’s “Truth (Consequences)“, reealllly enjoying the book as a whole, but I can’t discuss my “Tony” stance as of yet, because, well… I still need to work “all that” out. But, I think I can say this. I’m still anti-Tony so far, because… you know. I can’t let that pass. Ever. Although… I wish “it” didn’t have to be like that. Get me? Yep, I’m sad about it. *phew* I have lots to say about him. And anyway, I’m still sort of “out of the loop” ’cause apparently, tons happens in the last 20% of the book (but come on. I mean, I remember book #1. Especially a few integral, horrifying scenes). Anyway, I’m almost there!! Review to come soon.

And then my next read is Karina Halle’s upcoming “Sins and Needles”. I can’t wait for her nerdy sexy guy!! hopefully I can start it tonight.

PARANORMAL

CONTEMPORARY

Paula Novack January 22, 2013 at 1:30 PM

I cannot wait to read your review of Truth! I had so many emotions about Tony through this series. I’m so anxious to see where the next book takes us.
I just finished an ARC of Sins & Needles and it is fabulous! Camden…swoon!

Sandra January 22, 2013 at 1:37 PM

Still not on the Tony bandwagon…I mean I too have mixed emotions. I’m reading Sins & Needles next too!!! Whoohoo…I will be inboxing you about that one as well….hahahah poor Maryse!!

Kirsten January 22, 2013 at 1:37 PM

I have to second Paula. I’m anxious for your take on Tony. He did do some stuff that was horrid at the same time I still love him and am so conflicted by that feeling. He’s damaged and misunderstood and I get that. Ya I know I’m crazy. :)

Also got an ARC of Sins and Needles and umm swoon is so right. I’m crushing on Camden McQueen and I still love you Dex, but it’s impossible not to lust after Camden. I know you’ll understand. Karina has really don a fantastic job with this very emotional story and you all should read it as soon as it’s out.

Maryse January 22, 2013 at 1:38 PM

You guys! I LOVE when we read books together and we inbox. Not poor me… YAY ME! *hug* :D

Leslie Metsch January 22, 2013 at 1:47 PM

It took me the last 20% to start to fall for Tony. It was conflicting to even think I could forgive him. Not that you do. I lobed it and really need book 3 but so far away. One of my favorite dark reads this year

Cody January 22, 2013 at 1:55 PM

Finished Truth last night. (I have to say…I loved reading along with you!) I have to say I still can’t be on Team Tony. I’m looking forward to the next one and HATE that it’s so far away.

Cody January 22, 2013 at 1:57 PM

You should have a weekly book we can all read along with!

Linh January 22, 2013 at 1:58 PM

I can’t forgive Tony. I just can’t overlook it. My personal opinion…its NEVER okay to do what he did.

Christina January 22, 2013 at 2:05 PM

Yup, still not a fan of Tony. Had a hard time getting over it in Consequences.

Leigh Anne January 22, 2013 at 2:35 PM

Just finished Consequences, starting Truth tonight. I’m soundly in the “Anti-Tony” camp, but I’m having a hard time being sympathetic to Clair. Seriously! Doormat much? At least she started to grow a spine at the end of the book. Guess prison will do that for ya!

P.S. Maryse: Thanks for the awesome blog – I come straight here when I’m ready for a new book (which is at least once a day – my poor job is suffering)!

Melanie Fling January 22, 2013 at 3:03 PM

I’m at 67%, I still am not team Tony and also thinks Claire is kinda stupid but maybe my opinion will change.

Lisa76 January 22, 2013 at 3:08 PM

So jealous about Sins & Needles – I can’t wait to read it!

I just needed a break from Consequences after reading it and I couldnt go on to Truth so I started Groupie. Well #$%& I should have just stuck it out with Tony b/c Andy and Vannie and driving me nuts ;)

Leigh Cato January 22, 2013 at 3:11 PM

Hi,
Two more books:
Metamorphosis by Erin Noelle (New Adult)
Access Restricted (Access #2) by Alice Severin (Rockstar!!)

khurshauthor January 22, 2013 at 4:20 PM

Good list, Maryse! Missed one, though, Priory of the Damned: A Love Story

Danielle January 22, 2013 at 4:27 PM

Collide by Gail McHugh is a new release. I finished it last night and it was pretty good. I wanted to slap the main character more than once, but at least there is another book coming where she can redeem herself. :p

tina perry January 22, 2013 at 5:02 PM

I just finished ‘consequences’ and my anxiety and overwhelming
feeling has me wondering if revenge is going to be enough.
I’m just not liking this “hero” at all.

Debbie Lemon January 22, 2013 at 5:38 PM

I have to say I’m seriously loving this book. Still on. “consequence ” but I’m enjoying it so much I had to get truth today. I’m beginning to think I’m a sick person. I’m a liittle disappointed I have to wait so long for the last one.

LucyLou January 22, 2013 at 5:48 PM

Thanks for the book release update Maryse!! Sooooo excited about “Ever After”!!! I’ve been following Kim Harrison’s ‘Hollows” series for years and love it. That is my next read after I finish “Truth”. Speaking of “Truth”, right now I love Harry and just can’t seem to get over Tony’s domestic abuse issues, if you know what I mean. My mom always said “if they make you cry, say good-bye”. :)

Cathryn zuniga January 22, 2013 at 6:54 PM

I’m reading Consequences and although Iso far I think
It’s a good book I’m almost ashamed to say its good.
I can’t get past the fact that Tony basically kidnaped Claire
and is in a sense torturing her. I will have to get back to
You on my final thoughts. Thanks for the recommendation though,
you have yet to let me down :0)

Ela January 23, 2013 at 9:13 AM

I absolutely loved Metamorphosis by Erin Noelle!!!!

Lisa M January 23, 2013 at 2:44 PM

I finished reading Truth at 1am. I was reluctant to start it because I was so disturbed by Consequences. However once I started reading Truth I couldn’t put it down . Maryse we need another forum to reflect on Truth. Still not on Team Tony!

Debbie Lemon January 23, 2013 at 8:34 PM

Maryse did you finish truth.

ShanghaiGirl January 24, 2013 at 5:04 AM

I just finished reading Metamorphosis. It’s fabulous. I loved the references in it to all the books we’ve been reading recently. Really hope there will be a second book but can’t find any info. BTW, excellent blog. I always check in here first before reading a new book!

Lisa M January 24, 2013 at 11:12 AM

What should I read after Truth??? One whole day passed without doing any reading. Suggestions??? Sempre???

Maryse January 24, 2013 at 11:15 AM

SEMPRE SEMPRE!!! YES!!!! Awesome book and I wish I could be reading it again for the first time… great story after Truth, ’cause it’s kind of in that scary realm.

Lisa M January 24, 2013 at 12:55 PM

Ok Sempre it is! Already have it on my kindle!