WEDNESDAY BREAKING NEWS UPDATE!!! TIFFANY REISZ SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!! And my friend Natasha went CRAZY for this one!!! ➔ The Bourbon Thief
Monique Maryse, I just finished reading The bourbon thief by Tiffany Reisz, and I’m lost for words. My words couldn’t do this book justice so you need to read it. This book unexpectedly intoxicated me and was an absolute top shelf read, you will want to savior every sip…I mean page! This brings new meaning to a book hangover!””
Marina: Bourbon Thief was a great one! In a way had a Jezebel vibe to it. I would definitely put it up there near the top for this year’s reads. Tiffany Reisz is just a writing goddess…”
MAGIC WORDS!!! Yep. I one clicked it!!
Happy new release day!!! 80+ new releases today… not a bad day at all, including a few highly anticipated books (like Breath of Fire - that on there to the left). Book #1 (A Promise of Fire (The Kingmaker Chronicles Book 1) was frequently chosen as a favorite of 2016, and today, the saga continues!
Plus, a new “Rock Chick” release by Kristen Ashley (Rock Chick Reawakening), a hockey star book by Sarina Bowen (Hard Hitter), a few series conclusions (like one from Lili St. Germain – Empire (Cartel Book 3), and one from C.D. Reiss – Separation Games (The Games Duet Book 2)), plus a super-heartwarming/heartwrenching one by Jane Harvey-Berrick that I JUST found out about, today (One Careful Owner: Love Me, Love My Dog)!!! Oh I wanna read that one SO BAD (he’s considered “crazy”), except… I don’t go there. Where? Er… read the blurb, and you’ll see one of my hard-limits. And it’s not what you think (considering I love dark reads). *snort* This is NOT one of those, but OMG, there are SOME things… I just can’t. AND a super-romance PARANORMAL (shifters!!) by reader-favorite, Katy Regnery (It’s You), that fellow-reader Nancy says “…this is the best I have read since TWILIGHT.” !!!!!! What what whaaaaaaaaaaaat??!!!! Oh!! And a new comedy romance that I bet will be SO fun… (We Were On a Break). AND AND!!! Everything You Want Me to Be: A Novel <— Psych thriller sounding totally up my alley. She’s the perfect high school student at was stabbed to death… but the investigation reveals craziness!!! “Told from three points of view—Del, Hattie, and the new English teacher whose marriage is crumbling—Everything You Want Me to Be weaves the story of Hattie’s last school year and the events that drew her ever closer to her death.”
Yep. !!!! Good day indeed, and don’t even get me started on the thrilling looking book-bargains below. I already one-clicked some of those.
P.S. In case you missed it my ⟹⟹ ”Maryse’s Top Twenty Five Favorite Books from 2016” ⟸⟸ is up! And!!! More Reader Favorites TOP 2016 will be posted throughout the week. If you’re looking for 5-star reads, these are tried and true!
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- Breath of Fire: The Kingmaker Chronicles, Book 2 by Amanda Bouchet
- The Mistress by Danielle Steel
- Midnight Obsession by Melinda Leigh
- Satisfaction by Lexi Blake
- It’s In His Arms: A Red River Valley Novel, Book 4 by Shelly Alexander
- Keepsake by Sarina Bowen
- Full Package by Lauren Blakely <— UP FOR PREORDER (releasing this month!!!)
- Feversong by Karen Marie Moning <— UP FOR PREORDER (releasing this month!!!)
- Lacybourne Manor by Kristen Ashley <— UP FOR PREORDER (releasing this month!!!)
BARGAINS & READER RECOMMENDATIONS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order. Sales listed are for Amazon U.S., however some of the Amazon UK links also reflect the sale!):
- Hollywood Prince by Kim Karr <— KIM KARR ALERT! HE’S FAMOUS, & HER BROTHER’S BEST FRIEND... and a player. It was just released yesterday, and super-bargain priced! “...when the first night of mind-blowing sex leads to another, and another still, how long can the endless hookups go on before Amelia’s brother finds out? Or worse yet, before feelings develop?“
- Vicious (Sinners of Saint Book 1) by L.J. Shen <— NANCY SAYS HE’S THE BIGGEST A$$HOLE EVER!!!! Recently released, bargain-priced, and the author of another huge reader-favorite, I’m now exceptionally excited about this one after this:
Kelly: Really liked this Nancy. Is on my best of 2016 list
Nancy: I’m reading it now and he is got to be the biggest a****** I’ve ever met in a book!
Maryse: Oh you guys are just saying the magic words, now, aren’t you? !!!!
- Big Girls Do It Running by Jasinda Wilder <— JASINDA WILDER HEALTHY LIVING SUPER-BARGAIN BOOK RIGHT NOW!!! I just one-clicked it because this sounds like SO MUCH FUN!!!!
- Denial: Inside Out (Careless Whispers Book 1) by Lisa Renee Jones <— HE HAS CLAIMED HER AS HIS... “Soon though, the past finds her, yanking her from a cocoon of passion and safety. Everything is not how it seems. The truth will shatter her world, but it can set her free, if it doesn’t destroy her first…” (and this one’s super-bargain priced today) “…to celebrate the final book in the series — SURRENDER– releasing!”
- Dark Nights Boxed Set: The Complete Series by Skye Warren <— SKYE WARREN DARK ROMANCE SERIES BUNDLE SUPER-BARGAIN!! “When Rachel is abducted by a group of thugs, one man steps in. Zachary wants her for himself, and she has no choice but to trust this stranger to keep her safe…”
- Finding You Series: Books 1-3 by Amanda Mackey <— SERIES BUNDLE SUPER-BARGAIN!! SHE ESCAPES HER ABUSIVE HUSBAND & MEETS A FAMOUS ACTOR ALERT! “…After surviving a beating that puts her in hospital she is determined to get her life together and move forward. While on a month’s holiday to celebrate a new chapter in her life, the last thing Dakota expects is to fall in love with handsome movie actor, Kyle Rutherford…“
- Wolfsong by T.J. Kline <— M/M ROMANCE MEGA-HIT!!!!!!! SO MANY of my bets book buddies chose this one as one of their BEST of 2016, and I one-clicked it and need to get on it ASAP!!!!
Kelly: The book gods have decided to make 2017 a stupendous year for me. Why? Because the book I decided to start my year with is Wolfsong. I am only 1/2 way through but I know I will NEVER forget this book. The writing is beautifully simple but undeniably profound. It is heart wrenching but is also make-me-laugh-out-loud funny. (Joe’s idea of courting? Come on!). This group is like my “book pack” so I hope you can hear me howl my song of love and joy and join in and share the love.
Maryse: GAH!!! I keep hearing how THIS is the best ONE EVER!!! I have to read it. I already know I love the author… and I’ve one-clicked it, so I gotta get on it. Thank you Kelly!!!!
- The Butterfly Garden (The Collector Trilogy Book 1) by Dot Hutchison <— PSYCH-THRILLER ALERT! HE KIDNAPS BEAUTIFUL GIRLS AND KEEPS THEM… “As her story twists and turns, slowly shedding light on life in the Butterfly Garden, Maya reveals old grudges, new saviors, and horrific tales of a man who’d go to any length to hold beauty captive. But the more she shares, the more the agents have to wonder what she’s still hiding…” One I enjoyed last year and it’s super-bargain priced today!! (here’s my review)
- New York Deep by Andrew J. Morgan <— OOOOH CONTEMPORARY-LOOKING CREEPY SCI-FI ALERT!!! “Deep below Manhattan, tunnel engineer Josh Reed leads his team as they excavate the East Side Access extending New York’s railway service. But sparks fly as the drill hits an unusual crystalline material—one Josh has never seen before. They push on and Josh discovers something even more unexpected . . . a vast room, empty and lifeless. Or so it seems...” (it’s super-bargain priced today!)
- Pines (The Wayward Pines Trilogy, Book 1) by Blake Crouch <— BLAKE CROUCH HORROR ALERT!!! *squeee* It’s a horror story and super-bargain priced today!! I so one-clicked that AND I found out it’s a show on Fox (and I’m gonna catch up with it on Hulu). YAY ME!!!
- Breath of Fire (The Kingmaker Chronicles Book 2) by Amanda Bouchet
- Divine By Blood (Partholon) by P.C. Cast
- Ivoth (Scifi Alien Weredragon Romance) (Dragons of Preor Book 7) by Celia Kyle and Erin Tate
- Becoming Dragon (Dragon Point Book 1) by Eve Langlais
- Forbidden Taste: A Vampire Romance (Immortals) by Jennifer Ashley
- Shadow Wolf (Wolves of Willow Bend Book 10) by Heather Long
- Ghostly Images (A Harper Harlow Mystery Book 5) by Lily Harper Hart
- Unimaginable Lover (Warriors of Lemuria Book 3) by Rosalie Redd
- Hunter’s Mark: A Star-Crossed Book (Loki’s Wolves 0) by Melissa Snark
- It’s You, Book One by Katy Regnery writing as K.P. Kelley <— KATY REGNERY ALERT!!! Nancy says BEST since TWILIGHT!!?? *gasp*!!!!!! “…after that kiss, I never saw him again. His name was Jack Beauloup. Jack, my “Beautiful Wolf.” Twenty years passed. He has returned. For me…“
Nancy: I have since moved away from reading paranormal, but recently was given ARC of Katy Regnery”s IT’S YOU Book 1. It is the 1st paranormal that Katy has written and I read “anything” she writes. Well this is the best I have read since TWILIGHT.
- The Road (The Road to Hell Series, Book 3) by Brenda K. Davies
- Dragon Mates: Dragon Knights (The Sea Captain’s Daughter Trilogy Book 3) by Bianca D’Arc
- Between the Marshal & the Vampire by Tricia Owens
- Healer: A Young Adult / New Adult Fantasy Novel (Princesses of Myth Book 4) by Joanne Wadsworth
- The Wolf’s Bait (The Wolf’s Peak Saga Book 2) by Patricia Blackmoor
- Undeniable (Higher Elevation Series Book 3) by Renee Regent
- When Our Worlds Collide by Kellie Wallace
- The Blue Veil: A novella of the 7 Deadly Veils by Diana Marik
- Alien Romance: Haron’s Mission: Scifi Alien Adventure Romance (Science Fiction Alien Romance) (Galactic Survival Book 5) by Hana Starr
- Devil’s Mark: The Devil’s Keepers by Megan Crane
- Grounded By Love (The Giant Wars Book 2) by Lily Thomas
- Fangs (Feral Justice Book 2) by Vella Munn
- Bound in Darkness: Paranormal BBW Shapeshifter Dragon Romance (Drachen Mates Book 2) by Milly Taiden
- Then Hell Followed (Journeyman Book 5) by Golden Czermak
- Running on Empty (Journeyman Book 6) by Golden Czermak
- All Hell Breaks Loose (Hellscourge Book 9) by J.C. Diem
- Rock Chick Reawakening by Kristen Ashley <— LATEST KRISTEN ASHLEY ALERT!!!! AND CARLY IS CRYING!!! “the long-awaited story of Daisy and Marcus, Rock Chick Reawakening. A prequel to Kristen’s Rock Chick series, Rock Chick Reawakening shares the tale of the devastating event that nearly broke Daisy…”
Carly: I never ever post on here (first time so Hi!)… But has anyone read Rock Chick Reawakening yet? I’m a mess. A big blob of tears. I think I look worse now than I did after having my girl. But I’m SO HAPPY!! I can’t stop!I don’t want to read anything else from the list yet, I just want to stay in my happy Daisy and Marcus bubble…
But if anyone has read it, and recommends something that will top it, I’m open to suggestions!
- Empire (Cartel Book 3) by Lili St Germain <— TRILOGY FINALE ALERT!!!! I won’t read the blurb, just in case!!
- Crowning Design by Leila Meacham
- Hard Hitter (A Brooklyn Bruisers Novel) by Sarina Bowen <— HOCKEY STAR & HIS PHYSICAL THERAPIST ALERT!!! He’s not so interested in her… “After breaking up with her long-term boyfriend, Ari Bettini is in need of peace of mind. For now, she’s decided to focus on her work: rehabilitating the Bruisers’ MVP. O’Doul is easy on the eyes, but his reaction to her touch is ice cold...”
- Blazing Hot Cowboy (Smokin’ Hot Cowboys Book 2) by Kim Redford
- A Wedding in Maine: A McCullagh Inn Story (BookShots Flames) by Jen McLaughlin and James Patterson
- Exquisite: The Diamond Trilogy, Book III (BookShots Flames) by Elizabeth Hayley and James Patterson
- The Way Back (Emerald Bay Book 1) by Lilly Mirren
- Filthy and Rich: A Billionaire Menage Romance Box Set by Opal Carew, Sheryl Nantus, Celia Aaron, Charlotte Stein, Calista Fox <— ANTHOLOGY ALERT!!! “Sensually dirty and filthy rich, these five smoking hot billionaire ménage stories will leave you breathless. Includes stories by New York Times bestselling author Opal Carew, Sheryl Nantus, Celia Aaron, Charlotte Stein, and Calista Fox.“
- Shattered: A Bad Boy Billionaire Romance (The Blackthorn Brothers Book 2) by Cali MacKay
- No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Book 2) by Angel Payne
- Everything You Want Me to Be: A Novel by Mindy Mejia <— PSYCH-THRILLER ALERT!!! I WANNA READ THIS ONE NEXT!!!! THE PERFECT HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT STABBED TO DEATH… “…trying to solve her murder yields more questions than answers. It seems that Hattie’s acting talents ran far beyond the stage. Told from three points of view—Del, Hattie, and the new English teacher whose marriage is crumbling—Everything You Want Me to Be weaves the story of Hattie’s last school year and the events that drew her ever closer to her death. Evocative and razor-sharp, Everything You Want Me to Be challenges you to test the lines between innocence and culpability, identity and deception. Does love lead to self-discovery—or destruction?” <— Ooooooooh ON IT!!!!
- He Said, She Said (The HoneyWell Chronicles Book 1) by Danielle Burton
- One Careful Owner: Love Me, Love My Dog by Jane Harvey-Berrick <— JANE HARVEY-BERRICK ALERT!!! SHE’S A SINGLE MOM VETERINARIAN & HE COMES IN WITH HIS DOG (and some say he’s crazy!)… “…At least her job as a veterinarian is going well. Until a crazy-looking guy arrives at her office accompanied by an aging dog with toothache. Or maybe Alex Winters isn’t so crazy after all, just … different. Dawn realizes that she’s treated him the same way that all the gossips in town have treated her—people can be very cruel.”
- Stroke of Midnight (One Night in South Beach) by Andie J. Christopher
- The Mistress: A Novel by Danielle Steel <— DANIELLE STEEL ALERT!! SHE’S THE MISTRESS OF A RUSSIAN MOB BILLIONAIRE… and then they meet an artist… “…there, Vladimir lays eyes on Luca’s artwork. Two dangerous obsessions begin. … Vladimir, enraged that Lorenzo’s works are not for sale, is determined to secure a painting at any price. And Natasha, who knows that she cannot afford to make even one false move, nevertheless begins to think of a world of freedom she can never experience as Vladimir’s mistress. She cannot risk her safety for another man, or even a conversation with him, as Theo longs for a woman he can never have…“
- Cowboys In January: A MFM Menage A Cowboy Romance by Jenny Klaire
- Reach for Me: Contemporary Christian Romance with Suspense (Vacation Sweethearts Book 2) by Jan Thompson
- Willing Surrender by Carrie Hogle
- Separation Games (The Games Duet Book 2) by C.D. Reiss <— C.D. REISS DUET CONCLUSION ALERT!!! SHE WANTS A DIVORCE BUT HE WANTS SOMETHING ELSE… “…Thirty days in a remote cottage, doing everything he commands. After that, he’ll sign her divorce papers and give her complete ownership of their company...” I won’t read the blurb so as not to spoil it for myself.
- Satisfaction (A Lawless Novel) by Lexi Blake
- The Protector: A Sons of Texas Novel by Donna Grant
- Falling Under by Jenika Snow and Sam Crescent
- The Barefoot Summer by Carolyn Brown <— HE WAS MARRIED TO THREE WOMEN AT THE SAME TIME ALERT!! “…Oil heiress Kate Steele knew her not-so-dearly departed husband was a con man, but she’s shocked that Conrad racked up two more wives without divorcing her first. The only remnant of their miserable marriage she plans to keep is their lakeside cabin in Bootleg, Texas. Unfortunately, she’s not the only woman with that idea…“
- On Broken Wings (A Wild Aces Romance) by Chanel Cleeton
- This Is 35 (Unlucky in Love Book 4) by Stacey Wiedower
- The First Taste: A Studio 69 Novella (Paradiso Series Book 2) by Katia Cole
- Real Good Man: A Dirty Series Spin-Off (Real Duet Book 1) by Meghan March <— THEY ARE FROM DIFFERENT WALKS OF LIFE… “…I’m a mechanic from Kentucky. She’s a New York City party girl. We were never supposed to meet, but one text started something neither of us saw coming…“
- Midnight Obsession (The Midnight Series) by Melinda Leigh
- A Sheriff in Tennessee (Lori’s Classic Love Stories) by Lori Handeland
- The Cure by Parker J Cole
- Intense Pleasure (Bound Hearts) by Lora Leigh <— THREESOME ROMANCE ALERT!! “...When Summer’s identity as a sweet, Southern socialite gets out, the two men must find a way to draw out the ruthless assassin on her trail. . .and keep their illicit romance with her under wraps...”
- The Perils of Paulie (A Matchmaker in Wonderland) by Katie MacAlister
- Frozen Over by Tarrah Anders
- Fifty Shades Darker (Movie Tie-In Edition): Book Two of the Fifty Shades Trilogy (Fifty Shades of Grey Series) by E.L. James <— OFFICIAL MOVIE TIE-IN EDITION, INCLUDES BONUS MATERIAL A special edition of E L James’s #1 New York Times bestselling novel, Fifty Shades Darker, that includes her own photos and caption commentary from the making of the film—and an excerpt from her forthcoming book, Fifty Shades Darker, As Told by Christian Grey.
- Something to Dye For (Curl Up and Dye Mysteries, #2) by Aimee Nicole Walker <— M/M ROMANCE!!!
- Bringing Nicky Home by Sean Michael <— M/M ROMANCE!!
- Finding A Tomorrow by Kathleen Kerridge <— M/M ROMANCE!!
- The Closer I Get (Picture Perfect Book 1) by Draven St. James and LL Dahlin <— M/M ROMANCE!!!
- Love’s Tethered Heart by C.L. Etta <— M/M ROMANCE!!
- Big League: MMF Romance by Bianca Vix
- It’s In His Arms (A Red River Valley Novel Book 4) by Shelly Alexander
- January Girl (Wilder Irish Book 1) by Mari Carr
- Can’t Find NoBody by Holly Jacobs
- Ray of Light (Ray #1) by E.L. Todd <— HER BROTHER’S GORGEOUS BEST FRIEND ALERT!! (& THREE FULL LENGTH BOOKS in this series were released at the same time!!) ”…with Ryker, it’s different. Because I know I’ll fall in love with him. For now, I’ll steer clear of him and keep my hands to myself. It can’t be that hard, right?“
- Ray of Hope (Ray #2) by E.L. Todd
- Ray of Love (Ray #3) by E.L. Todd
- The Girl With Daisies (Midtown Brotherhood Book 3) by Savannah Blevins <— FAMOUS BASEBALL STAR ALERT!! “Penny scouted the job at the Midtown Bistro for one reason, and it wasn’t to fawn over Callen Copley. She can’t let her attraction to the brooding loner who jogs the street every day interfere with the information she needs to obtain from him...”
- Framed (Courthouse Connections Book 8) by Ann Jacobs
- The Awakening: A Master and His submissive (The Masters Book 2) by Riley Edwards
- Worth It by S.M. Shade & C.M. Owens <— BEST FRIENDS AVENGING THERI OTHER BEST FRIEND BUT… “As usual, nothing went as planned, especially when two sexy distractions popped into the mix. We were there to avenge our friend, not to get entangled with two cocky, arrogant men, who don’t like to hear the word no. I was sure we could resist. I mean, it was only a week, right? What could happen in a week?“
- Summer Indiscretions (Summer Love Book 2) by Tamara Mataya
- Duplicity by Lisa J Hobman
- AWKwaRd, Victoria by Emme Burton
- His To Own by Autumn Winchester <— HER FATHER MARRIED HER OFF ALERT!! “Her father was clear that she’d be married off by the age of nineteen, but now, everything she once knew is no longer. Herself included. Can she survive what is to come without falling in love with a monster?“
- Talking Dirty: A Fortune, Colorado Novel by Jennifer Seasons
- Game of Lies (Game of Shadows) by Amanda K. Byrne
- We Were On a Break by Lindsey Kelk <— LOL!!! THIS ONE SOUNDS LIKE FUN!!! HE WANTS A BREAK… “When what should have been a proposal turns into a break, Liv and Adam find themselves on opposite sides of the life they had mapped out. Friends and family all think they’re crazy; Liv throws herself into work – animals are so much simpler than humans – and Adam tries to get himself out of the hole he’s dug.“
PREORDERS (next week’s!!! )
- The Summer Palace: A Captive Prince Short Story (Captive Prince Short Stories Book 2) C. S. Pacat - January 5th 2017
- Commander in Chief (White House Book 2) by Katy Evans – January 5th 2017
- Surrender: Careless Whispers 3 (The Inside Out Series) by Lisa Renee Jones - January 9th 2017
- Full Package by Lauren Blakely - January 9th 2017
- Worth The Wait: A McKinney/Walker Novel (The McKinney Brothers) by Claudia Connor - January 10th 2017
- Gone (Deadly Secrets Book 2) by Elisabeth Naughton - January 10th 2017
- #Blur (The GearShark Series Book 4) by Cambria Hebert - January 10th 2017
- Trick by Laramie Briscoe - January 13th 2017
➜ CHECK OUT ALL the upcoming BOOK RELEASES here (frequently updated and it goes all the way to 2017!)
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).