Latest Paranormal & Contemporary Romance Book Releases – January 6th 2015

by Maryse on January 6, 2015 · 96 comments

Happy NEW RELEASE day!!! The first “new release” day of the new year!!! I’m still adding to the list (SO many released today) including one from Kresley Cole, Jasinda Wilder, Penelope Douglas, Alice Clayton and a few more of our favorites. Plus of course, some “new to mes”! And I’ve already found a few more that have me incredibly tempted. I’ll post my list in just a few… Hmmm… could I be ready for another dark read? ;)

P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere). :D

BARGAINS & READER RECOMMENDATIONS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).

• Kevlar To My Vest (The Heroes of The Dixie Wardens MC Book 3) by Lani Lynn Vale <— I missed this one’s release but it sounds good!! She’s falling on love with a cop!
  • Conflicted Love (Needle’s Kiss Book 2) by Lola Stark <— Aimee found us this super-bargain one! GAH!! She gets pregnant after a “one night” —> “One amazing, crazy night with her best friend’s cocky colleague leaves her with more than just unwanted feelings and cravings she just can’t seem to quench. She’s knocked up. He’s freaked out.
  • The Short Life of Sparrows by Emm Cole <— Jenna recommends this one! “I came across a book that I almost didn’t read because Goodreads and Amazon showed that not many people had reviewed the book. But I decided to read the preview first before really deciding, and I am so glad I did. I bought it immediately and I couldn’t put it down – finishing it in a day.
  • His Witness (A Dark Romance) by Vanessa Waltz <— DARK READ ALERT and super bargain priced and Stephanie says: “I’ve read two of V. Waltz’s novels in the the Vittorio Crime Family and loved them! I definitely one-clicked this dark standalone too!” and yep… the blurb got me! “Accepting his advances might be the last mistake I’d ever make. He was a dangerous man, and the fact that he made me feel alive couldn’t hide that I danced with death. I made my choice, and he made his. Now I’m trapped in his basement, completely at his mercy.” <—– EEEEEEEEEEP!!!!!!
  • Outlander: A Novel (Outlander, Book 1) by Diana Gabaldon <— BARGAIN PRICED and one of my absolute fav books (and series) in the world!!!! (Here is my review).

PARANORMAL

CONTEMPORARY

PRE-ORDERS

Diane M January 6, 2015 at 5:00 PM

Just finished Dictatorship of the dress and loved it!! Louder than love was such a highlight for me last year so I jumped right on this one

Fabi January 6, 2015 at 5:18 PM

I put a few on my wish list. Including One Night Stand which sounds fun/funny.

But this week I spent my book money on Golden Son cause I ordered a sign copy.
It’s not on your list Maryse. :-(
Here’s a little blurb:
With shades of The Hunger Games, Ender’s Game, and Game of Thrones, debut author Pierce Brown’s genre-defying epic Red Rising hit the ground running and wasted no time becoming a sensation. Golden Son continues the stunning saga of Darrow, a rebel forged by tragedy, battling to lead his oppressed people to freedom.

bev January 6, 2015 at 5:31 PM

Fabi, I’ve seen Red Rising pop up, so you’d rec it?

I’m doing good with not one clicking. I know only a week but still. I believe I have books, unread, by Cooper, Douglas, etc so tell myself read those first. Plus Burned and the Hoover/Fisher will be out soon.
Like Jean I bout myself a gift card at the beginning of the month.

bev January 6, 2015 at 5:47 PM

And just saw Worth the Risk up there for this month too. I liked Worth the Fall so much I’ll definitely be reading that one.

Frenched is free.
Sweet Disorder by Rose Lerner is .99. I have not read it yet but grabbed it last month after seeing some very positive reviews.

Amy January 6, 2015 at 6:03 PM

Naughty Bits, One Night Stand, Playing Doctor…is anyone else seeing a pattern? :P

So, I’m at 75% of the book I started yesterday evening, and I am exhausted emotionally. It’s kicking my butt. It needs a *major* makeover from a copy editor and could use a run-through from an editor, not to mention I absolutely struggled with the writing style at first, but what is surprising to me is that the issues I am having with it usually cause me to not connect with the story and I end up skimming or it becomes a DNF. But despite those issues this one has me. HAS me. I’m so emotionally tired right now and still have 25% to go. I’m not saying yet what book it is because I remember that it elicited some strong reactions here but I don’t remember if they were from anger or heartbreak or obsessalove with the book, and I don’t remember if there was a HEA mentioned or if it crushed some hearts, and I want to read blind to the end. Something big has to be coming, and I don’t want to know what kind of reaction I’m going to have, ya know?

Oh, and this is the martini for today (from Pillsbury of all places!)…

Tessa January 6, 2015 at 6:13 PM

I grabbed Penelope Douglas’s Falling Away and Kresley Cole’s Dead of Winter so fast, my head is still spinning. I’ve been anxious for Jax’s story since Bully, but knew we had to wait for him to grow up first. Dead of Winter… well, I really did fall for Death in the last book. *grins*

Fabi January 6, 2015 at 6:15 PM

Bev, yeah, I’d def rec Red Rising. It’s the one I mentioned won the new author Goodreads award. Personally, I would describe it as NA Dystopian, but it fits in many categories such as Paranormal, Sci-Fi, Romance, etc. I agree with the blurb above as it seems to have elements of all those books.

Amy! I can’t believe you’re keeping your book a secret! ;-) Enjoy and come back to tell us all about it.

Cheryl January 6, 2015 at 6:19 PM

Dictatorship of the Dress, Last Call (loved Wallbanger), One Night Stand sound good. Trying to stick to just “getting” a sample and not buying any more books unless ready to read them. :)

Is Never, Never still being released on the 11th?

Can’t wait for Burned!! *squeeeing* with you Maryse!!!!!

bev January 6, 2015 at 6:27 PM

Amy. I can’t believe you are teasing us with that book. C’mon just whisper it.

donna tanner January 6, 2015 at 6:31 PM

Hmmm WHAT THE HELL AMY!

Amy January 6, 2015 at 7:56 PM

LOL! Okay ladies, I’m reading *whispering* Carnage. SHHHHHH!!! Say nothing! NUH-thing!! Or better yet, I’m gonna stay away until I finish it. I’m off to start supper (blue cheese burgers and garlic potatoes…yummmmmy) and then I’m jumping back in.

Cheryl, Never Never is still coming out on the 11th, and apparently they are lowering the price because there are plans for a second book. Yay us!!! :D

Cheryl January 6, 2015 at 8:23 PM

Interested to hear what you say about Carnage Amy. It’s one I looked at before, but was ascared of it!! Funny when I looked at the blurb, it said it had “UNDERGONE A COMPLETE PROFESSIONAL RE EDIT*, guess that’s not the case. ;)

Cheryl January 6, 2015 at 8:25 PM

A second book?! Dear god, please say there is not cliffhanger!!!

Tracy January 6, 2015 at 8:54 PM

Oh boy Amy! I can’t wait to hear what you have to say about Carnage. I had a feeling that might be what you were reading. That’s all I’ll say until you are done. Hurry up!

Maryse January 6, 2015 at 9:20 PM

I LOVE that author, Diane so I can’t wait to give that book a go!!

Maryse January 6, 2015 at 9:20 PM

Tee hee Amy!!!! It’s all a little… *waggles eyebrows* :P

Maryse January 6, 2015 at 9:21 PM

I’m reading Never Never right now (an ARC) and it IS GOOD!!!!!!! halfway through it…

Maryse January 6, 2015 at 9:22 PM

I read Carnage! I’m also anxious to hear what Amy thinks…

Maryse January 6, 2015 at 9:25 PM

Thank you Fabi! I’m gonna look it up. :)

MichelleS January 6, 2015 at 9:55 PM

CARNAGE!?!?! Oh Amy…. you poor poor thing….. that book was memorable…. but for all the wrong reasons! I just HATED where it went. HATED it…. totally blindsided me. I think I needed therapy after that. And then I went and read book two – oh yes I did – because, apparently I am a glutton for punishment!!! Good luck with that. can’t wait to hear your review.

Michelle F January 6, 2015 at 10:50 PM

The whole Corps Security series for $0.99??? That’s f***ing awesome!!! If you like former military turned bad-ass security teams with super-hot bossy and overprotective alphas and smart and funny women with deep connections and strong story lines, then READ THIS SERIES! :D

bev January 6, 2015 at 11:31 PM

Ok so I meant to start reading Tapestry but you know when your just going to glance at a book and then next you know your 50 pages in? Yeah kind of squirreled like that. Im pretty sure this book is going to hurt but oh it’s good.

MichelleS, when done with Eleanor & Park going straight to Tapestry.

Niki January 7, 2015 at 1:57 AM

Ok Bev and Michelle’s I’ve started in on Tairen Soul books and liking the first one so far!
I’m also interested in The Club by Lauren Rowe..26 5 star reviews out of 27 and it came out yesterday. Anyone read Scorned by S.L. Scott?? It’s free right now and it’s the one where you can choose your own ending?? Great List Maryse!! Thanks for all your hard work:)

Amy January 7, 2015 at 3:23 AM

OMG. What. The. Sh!t!!!!! *sob*

I’m a splotchy, snotty mess right now. I can’t even put my thoughts down just yet. I’m just not there yet. *squeezes manatee and snuffles on him* It’s just…I can’t believe…GAH! *sob* I gotta stop thinking about it and try to get some sleep. *sniffle*

*wipes nose on jammy top* Oh gross, what IS that???

*talking with stuffy nose* Maryse, I’m jealous of you right now. Not Mean Girl jealous but happy-for-you jealous. I can’t wait for Never Never. *sniffle* I gotta go now…

Ann January 7, 2015 at 7:44 AM

Hi everyone, I am going to try again to find this book, it is making me
crazy trying to remember the title. …..A girl was taken and is in a house
with other girls and this man is breaking her for slavery. Long story short
this man and is friend is undercover and the last scene in the book, is
she riding away with the friend, hating the man who ‘broke her’ and he
has fallen on his knees watching her drive away. The friend tells her that
he had no choice but to do what he did. Thank you for any help you can send my way.

Fabi January 7, 2015 at 9:31 AM

*hugz* Amy. That sounds really rough. Was it Carnage that you read?

Ann, omg, if you find that book, please let me know. I want to read it.

Maryse January 7, 2015 at 10:09 AM

Ann!!!

I want to know too!!! Although now I know the ending…

STILL I want to know!!!!

donna tanner January 7, 2015 at 10:13 AM

Oh come on Amy, YOU love that kinda sh#t !! Is it a CH?

NG January 7, 2015 at 10:26 AM

Ann, sounds like Owned, by M. Never

bev January 7, 2015 at 10:32 AM

Total book zombie. Could not put Eleanor & Park down.

Amy, I’m not sure if I should sympathize or be happy for you.

Ann January 7, 2015 at 11:13 AM

yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. It is Owned by M. Never. Thank you NG.

Cheryl January 7, 2015 at 11:19 AM

Amy, Carnage sounds like the title is perfect! Not sure it’s one I want to read anytime soon. ;)

Teri January 7, 2015 at 11:45 AM

ARCHER’S VOICE. (exhale) sigh… I just finished this wonderful book last night and I am in full sad-book-hangover mode. It’s been about 10 hrs since I set my kindle down and I am ready to cry over the loss of my beautiful Archer. I agree this is a 5-star book and if it’s on your list… well, move it on up :-)

I just had to ‘voice’ this. So Hung-over, Teri

Lizzy January 7, 2015 at 12:45 PM

I just read A Necessary Sin by Georgia Cate and WOW it’s a must read especially if you loved Crows Row. Bleu could possibly be my favorite female character, she is not your typically whiney irrational leading lady character. She is a real badass, smart, and calcuated. Georgia really hit it out of the park with A Necessary Sin. I highly recommend this book, it does leave off on a cliffhanger but the second will be out next month. So you will not have to wait long and it is totally worth the wait.

Tracy January 7, 2015 at 1:02 PM

Oh Amy! I was exactly the same way when I finished Carnage and it too me a few days to function after that. I think this book is what is making me hesitate to read Ugly Love. I just can’t go through another gut wrencher. Hugs to you!

I did grab the grab the Corps series for .99 cents and am trying to get started on the Tarien Soul series. So many great choices.

Fabi January 7, 2015 at 1:15 PM

NG and Ann, thank you. It’s now on my wish list.

Teri, I have AV on my tbr. Are you saying it does not have an HEA?

Fabi January 7, 2015 at 1:21 PM

Ha! Never mind my wish list. Owned just went on my tbr after reading the blurb. It sounds wicked!

bev January 7, 2015 at 1:31 PM

So, I know I’m late to read Eleanor & Park but I’m loving it. I read almost all of it last night, just so good.
Have any of you ladies read it?

Sadie January 7, 2015 at 2:04 PM

Love Eleanor and park! Maryse so jealous of Never Never.

Diane M January 7, 2015 at 5:01 PM

Loved E&P too!! Loved that they were kids in the 80′s like me (:

Liz January 7, 2015 at 5:02 PM

Just finished Below the Belt by Sidney Halston (the one with the hawt cover). It’s the best of the series, in my opinion. So funny with his Spanish accent but aldo totally alpha.
What next. ..? Maybe Corp series. That’s a super sale!

donna tanner January 7, 2015 at 5:03 PM

Why oh why I just dont know… Just started Carnage

Michelle January 7, 2015 at 5:08 PM

Tessa, you really like the Arcana Chronicles then? I have the first book but never read it and I have no idea why because it seems right up my alley.

Oh Amy :( Carnage made me ugly cry too! I love those books though just for the fact that I was totally invested.

Niki I’m reading the Tairen Soul series – right now on book 4. I LOVE them so much that I could not stop after the first one! It’s a brilliant world she has constructed…vivid characters…amazing plot…I can’t gush enough!

Bev, maybe I will be done when you finish and we can read Tapestry together afterall.

Tessa January 7, 2015 at 5:24 PM

I loved Arcana Chronicles. The first one is definitely a get to know the world thing. I honestly liked the second book better, but the first book had me hooked. I’ve not read the Dead of Winter yet, just because Falling Away took precedence. (I think I like Jax more than Jared!) I’ve got Dead of Winter waiting in my TBR for when it’s done. *grins*

Michelle January 7, 2015 at 5:39 PM

Thanks Tessa – you seem like a PNR junkie like me so I have moved this one up on my tbr. I have too many books I want to read right now!

bev January 7, 2015 at 6:01 PM

Michelle, I have been feeling like that too. Almost a little of Fabi’s anxiety.
Almost done with E&P, do not want to let these two go. I can wait if you want to read Tapestry next, though I could probably use the headstart.

Niki I haven’t read the Tairen Soul series. With all the love they are on my radar but I want to start Kate Daniels series very soon.

Michelle January 7, 2015 at 6:13 PM

Ok Bev, I have about 125 pages left in my book and I could use a mini break before the last book in the series so I will go to Tapestry after that. I like the Tairen Soul series just as much as the Kate Daniels series. They are both instant favorites for me. Random, but have you read Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers? I was looking for more well loved historical romance books to mix it up some more and it seems to have great reviews.

bev January 7, 2015 at 6:32 PM

Michelle, is it odd that I can not remember if I did or not? I remember when it came out because I remember there being buzz around it and know I looked at it in my library, lol. It is considered an inspirational romance which I did read back then in
high school.

Please tell me I’m not the only one who some times can not remember if they read a book or not?

bev January 7, 2015 at 6:48 PM

Speaking of historical I was wondering myself if any on here had ever read Arnette Lamb? I just saw her mentioned on DA in a very positive way, but am not familiar with her.

bev January 7, 2015 at 7:40 PM

I don’t want to be done! That was so so good. Why does it take me so long to jump on some of these bandwagons? I already want to go back a re-read certain parts.
“Holding Eleanor’s hand was like holding a butterfly. Or a heartbeat. Like holding something complete, and completely alive.”

Fabi January 7, 2015 at 7:58 PM

Bev, there are many, many (dare I say “most”) books I’ve read that I do not remember anything about. That includes their title and author.

That’s why I think it’s such a treat to trip back through memory lane for those gems that stuck with me through time.

Fabi January 7, 2015 at 8:01 PM

-random bit-
I’ve loaded about half my books into Goodreads so far and I looked at my most read authors. The top 10 are PNR and Sci-fi authors. Numbers 11 & 13 are Shay Savage and Colleen Hoover who I’ve just started reading this year.

You ladies rock your recommendations!

Tessa January 7, 2015 at 11:55 PM

Michelle, yep. I’m a total PNR junky. I rarely read anything but until I found this site and saw the recommendation of Up in the Air. I still crave PNR stuff, but at least it’s mixed up now.

Bev, Arnette Lamb is good, but she’s more a seven on a scale of one to ten. She’s probably improved since I last read her, but there are so many good historical writers out there, that I have to be honest. All this historical talk made me realize I’ve yet to read the last Mallory book by Johanna Lindsey. Yes, this is a travesty. I adore the Mallory family. James Mallory was one of my BBF during my high school years. *grins*

bev January 8, 2015 at 4:03 AM

Tessa thanks for the input! I think I might see if my library has her before any one clicking.

I’m going to be a zombie again with a head cold. So confession I got a little ways into Tapestry. I’m a little upset for Laura that he doesn’t recognize her. But then, well, maybe, kind of realized I had a Rainbow Rowell in my library. And just read it straight through. *hangs head* She seems to be my Kryptonite

ljiljana January 8, 2015 at 6:52 AM

Hiii girls, just finished FALLING AWAY by P. D. :) and see you all have the same thaughts !!
Yeeees , Jax is soooo grown up … hmmm all in right places ;)

The all gang is here and some disturbing news aboute Tate and Jared.:(

Marie January 8, 2015 at 11:21 AM

I also loved “The Short Life of Sparrows” by Emm Cole that Jenna recommended. I was unable to put it down. There were so many themes and twists and turns in the book. Emm Cole is a wonderful story teller.

Tessa January 8, 2015 at 1:35 PM

Amypone who does read the Arcana noveles, there are holes in the beginning that are slowly answered through the series. One major one was just answered in book three. If it had been answered earlier, book three would have lost a huge impact.

bev January 8, 2015 at 3:33 PM

Speaking of historical romance Secrets of a Summer Night by Lisa Kleypas is on sale for 2.99. This is the first in her Wallflower series.

Michelle January 8, 2015 at 3:34 PM

I’m still sad over the end of book 4 in the Tairen Soul series…I definitely need a pause so I’m starting Tapestry tonight. I can deal with upset Bev just as long as there are no more tears for a bit!

Fabi January 8, 2015 at 3:37 PM

Michelle, book 4 had a sad ending?

bev January 8, 2015 at 3:41 PM

Darn looks like that sale for LK is no more.

Michelle, oh no. I’m only like 10% in but no squirrel tonight. Of course I have no more Rainbow Rowell sitting around.

Michelle January 8, 2015 at 3:58 PM

Yes it was so sad even though I kinda knew it was coming. There is a lot to wrap up in the last book so curious how she will do it. I need a break though so Tapestry it is. I can’t say much because I know a few others are reading the series and it’s hard to say anything especially with these books without giving something away. Fabi and Bev, you both would enjoy them I think. They have all been 4.5 or 5 star reads for me.

bev January 8, 2015 at 4:57 PM

So Never Never is live. I thought I had until the weekend. Will Not Squirrel.

MichelleS January 8, 2015 at 5:35 PM

Michelle – what was so sad in book 4? was it the thing that happened in that “camp”? and it involved brothers???? eek… don’t want to spoil anything…

You’re going to read Tapestry??? More happy dancing from me!!! Another one of my faves. I used to read so many historicals, and a few stand out. This was one. Maybe I just hadn’t experienced that kind of angst in a historical before – who knows? I wonder how it would read now, for me!

I’ve had to work (YUCK) so I am so behind. I am finishing Edgelanders (almost done Michelle)…. I’m leaning towards 4.5 stars with tons of potential for higher in upcoming books.

I wish that Karen M Moning book would be out already. I could use a good Barrons fix!

Michelle January 8, 2015 at 5:54 PM

Yes that’s it MichelleS :( I knew it couldn’t end well but still…*sob* and I teared up over probably 4 others parts. The elves made their appearance too. I love Steli now as much as Bel and Gaelen. Was really shocked about her sisters and someone else appearing in the mists…what was that?! I just sat down to start Tapestry so excited! That’s how I rated Edgelanders too – I loved that book and so happy I stumbled on it. I have the next book already and agree that it has the potential to top the first with where the storyline was going.

Michelle January 8, 2015 at 5:56 PM

What happened to Amy btw? Did Carnage really put the kibosh on ya?

bev January 8, 2015 at 7:22 PM

I am for some reason having a hard time concentrating on the story. Going to pick it back up after dinner. Yes, where is Amy, she is probably making a kick ass dinner.

Michelle January 8, 2015 at 8:20 PM

I’ve been divided in my attentions too…on chapter 8. I was also surprised that he didn’t recognize her if they were that close. If she is the heir of an estate as well, how can she just pack up and disappear to play at her little ruse?

Tessa January 8, 2015 at 9:35 PM

*sniffs* I finished Dead of Winter. Now I don’t know if I like Death or Jack more. The CH it ended on… *sniffs again* I need a manatee!

bev January 8, 2015 at 9:44 PM

Michelle just picking it back up. In the middle of ch.8. I know people change I don’t recognize people always, but I don’t see how no one recognizes her when she seems to have run of the place. Literally leaving her mark.
Off to read and see if it is explained.

bev January 8, 2015 at 9:53 PM

Keep getting distracted by Maryse list. Is there any thing more distracting than a list of books?

Fabi January 8, 2015 at 10:53 PM

Not for me!

Cheryl January 9, 2015 at 8:10 AM

Just finished Karine Halee’s Devil’s Metal and Devil’s Reprise. I love her writing and this was a good mix of paranormal and rock star/romance. Interesting tie-in to EIT series and Mambo Maryse makes an appearance too!!

Now to choose something to read next…

MichelleS January 9, 2015 at 9:08 AM

Michelle and Bev – it’s been a few years since I read it, and it was in the middle of one of my historical runs…. so I may have more fond memories than it deserves! I do remember that the second half of the book was like a whole other book… and feel…. and everything. So if you can stick it out…. it’s the second half that I remember most. That first section is the set up… if you can get past the whole “she’s pretending to be the help” boloney!

Michelle January 9, 2015 at 11:13 AM

Finished book 1 last night and it is starting to pick up as you said.

Nooo Tessa I want to read that series soon but I hate a CH if I have to wait too long for the next book…and a sad CH to boot…

The Forever Girl by Rebecca Hamilton is FREE right now if anyone is interested. I’ve been eyeing that one for a while.

Amy January 9, 2015 at 11:14 AM

Ladies! I’ve been swamped with work (can you believe my boss actually wants me to complete my work? *scoffs* Kidding, she is awesome) and haven’t had time for much else. I keep hearing you guys talk about the Tairen Soul series…hmmm, I might have to try it out the next time I’m in the mood for some PNR lovin’. There is some lovin’ in it, right? :P

Actually, Bev, supper last night was cumin-coated skirt steak (medium rare, of course!) cut in strips over mixed greens with a garlic cilantro sauce. My mouth had an orgasm. Seriously.

Before I forget… *hands manatee to Tessa* He’s freshly bathed and snuffle free. ;)

Amy January 9, 2015 at 11:57 AM

I forgot to tell you guys what I thought of Carnage. Okay, where do I start…y’all saw what I said above but saying that I was emotionally exhausted is definitely worth repeating. The angst was there, especially in some parts, but it was more of an emotional rollercoaster for me.

I started out having an anxious tummy because if things are that sweet and perfect in the beginning you just *know* something’s coming that’s gonna hurt. Then BAM, sonofawhore! That’s when I started getting emotionally exhausted. In a good way, of course. *giggle* Things started looking up, some hot lovin’ was thrown in, and then…ohhhh, that was not nice to do to him. Not nice at all. *shakes head* You guys know who I’m talking about. But everything was better and all was right in the world and then…*gasp* What are ya thinking???? Arghhh! Really?? Why would you do that. *sigh* But then it’s okay again. Of course. So, I’m about wiped out emotionally at that point and wondering what the heck else is coming, and then…

No, no, NO!! WTF?!?!? Lots of crying. Lots of hugging my manatee. Lots of needing comfort snuggles.

Okay, so I really liked it, but I didn’t *love* it. I didn’t wake up with a book hangover, and I didn’t feel the need to dive into the next book right away, but I loved what it did to me. I’d say a 3.5 for the actual content of the story and 4.5 for the crazy emotional mess it made me, so 4 stars seems about right. Now I gotta go check out what you thought of it, Maryse. ;)

Amy January 9, 2015 at 12:07 PM

OMG, Maryse. *giggle* The first line of your review of Carnage…have I been in your brain? Wow, that’s a weird image. *snort*

Tessa January 9, 2015 at 12:51 PM

*snuffles into manatee* Thank you. There was a sad part at the end. Don’t be too scared, Michelle, though there are CH. If that scares you, well, when the series is done, read it. There are deaths. Lits if them. It’s a dystopian paranormal. Someone just died in the end that I didn’t expect to die. The next book promises major sadness due to it.

Unfortunately, its kept me from reading dye to a book hangover. Nothing sounds good now.

Michelle January 9, 2015 at 3:53 PM

*gasp* at 61%

Bev where are you at? I was thinking it was too predictable up until book 2 but now it’s getting good.

bev January 9, 2015 at 4:15 PM

Michelle just under 60% so almost there.

Maryse January 9, 2015 at 5:00 PM

Amy now I have to check out my review. I don’t remember… one sec…

Cheryl January 9, 2015 at 5:39 PM

Damn Amy I don’t know if that makes want to read Carnage or not!!

Amy January 9, 2015 at 5:39 PM

Uhhh, not sure if my brain comment made sense above…guess I should have worded it as “I must have *been* inside your brain”…or something…or…yeah, okay then. ANYways… *snicker*

Amy January 9, 2015 at 5:51 PM

Cheryl, you should try it out at some point. It’s a good crying-type book but it won’t break you and make you curse my name like other books I’ve pushed the ladies here to read. ;) It emotionally exhausted me, made me cry and then it was over and I was ready to move on to a new book.

Cheryl January 9, 2015 at 6:10 PM

Ok Amy I’ll put it on the list. Hmmm, haven’t heard too much about the sequel.

Michelle January 9, 2015 at 7:36 PM

Alright finished with Tapestry Bev. It sure felt like a new book in the second half. Curious to see what you think of how it wraps up. I can’t say what I thought without giving something away so I will wait.

bev January 9, 2015 at 7:47 PM

I’m still at 60% but will be able to pick it back up in a few. I’m wondering if I may of done it a little disservice reading it right after a mini glom.

Michelle January 9, 2015 at 8:04 PM

Who was your glom Bev? Well I was reading the fantastic Tairen Soul series so not much better. I’m going back in now to finish the last book of the series…I don’t want it to end!

bev January 9, 2015 at 8:12 PM

Rainbow Rowell. Just two books, hence the mini. Eleanor & Park was awesome and Attachments was really good too.
And Eleanor & Park fits my challenge. I’m excited for my 24 book challenge and then the ladies and Maryse are doing an epic one. I think like 50 or so. I’m impressed.

Michelle January 9, 2015 at 8:22 PM

I have E & P and Fangirl on my wishlist but I haven’t read any of her books yet. I looked at the one you posted and Maryse’s but I’m undecided if I want to do one.

bev January 10, 2015 at 12:31 PM

Michelle, finished. It definitely changed from the book I thought it was going to be.
I was on the wait list for E&P for so long I forgot I put a hold on it.

Michelle January 10, 2015 at 2:44 PM

It definitely did a 180. I still think besides the part I gasped at, it was fairly predictable. The story was good but it was just an average historical romance read for me – 3 stars. I did enjoy it and it was a good break from all the fantasy/pnr reads though. My library has nothing by Rainbow Rowell just checked :( Ok I just got home and I’m dying to get back to the last tairen soul book! What are you going to read now?

bev January 10, 2015 at 3:12 PM

Michelle I feel like I missed their relationship. We never really got to spend any time with them. A lot of big time jumps. I think this may have been her first book. The part you gasped at was written really well I thought, that time in her bedroom right after.
Halfway through Never Never. It most be a novella. Not sure what I’ll pick up after.

Michelle January 10, 2015 at 3:39 PM

That’s true about not getting enough of their relationship. A lot of parts I wanted more depth were brief and then the next chapter was a few months later. I wanted more for the marriage scene and after in particular. Never Never says 220 pages on amazon? I’m still getting it after Maryse’s review.

Tess January 11, 2015 at 4:28 PM

I just picked up Theresa Troutman’s new release By My Side. It was sweet, funny, sexy and hot! Great quick read for a cold winter’s night!