It’s the first official release day of the year and we have some awesome looking ones to kick off the new year!
<— P.S. I just want to say, that one there to the left gave me a CRAZY blurb-jolt. I screamed out OMG!!!!! Once I hit the end of that blurb and I’m FREAKING out. This sounds… AWESOME! My sister was all.. WHAT?!! WHAT?!! So I read the blurb out loud… yep. Blurb-jolt. Gah! Do I even post a portion of the blurb here, or let y’all read it for yourselves and get the same jolt I did? *sigh* Let’s just say, it involves a kidnapped girl, the guy who saves her… and her kidnapper.
Lisa: Built, Missed Connection and An Ounce of Hope just loaded on up on my kindle. Looove pre-ordering. Think Im going with Missed Connection first. Squeeeee!
Emma Scott: I can’t wait for Missed Connection!
Maryse: That’s the one I’m jumping into!!! grin emoticon We have the same taste, Emma
K. Larsen: Have tissues handy and please, take ugly cry selfies if need be and post them to the _missed_connection_ IG page!
Cheryl: Missed Connection- hmmm, the author that wrote Jezebel. I’ll wait to see what you say Maryse!
Amy: Dangit!!! I just committed myself to my own reading challenge, and that means I can’t read Missed Connection until I finish my 2015 one-click, a 2014 one-click and a 2013 one-click…whoever came up with the idea of a reading challenge?!? *huffs* That being said, I can’t WAIT for it…maybe I’ll cheat and start my challenge anew after I read MC. Yeah, that works.
Fabi: Lol Amy. That’s the same problem I have with challenges. No self control. Mine has to be something simple like “read a book”. That. I can do.
Amy: …something simple like “read a book” <——- LOL!!!!
Maryse: OMG YESS!!! Read a book. I can do that. Fabi that’s hilarious!!!!
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
P.P.S. Don’t have a Kindle? No problem! Amazon offers various free Kindle apps and a free Kindle Cloud reader for any and ALL of us to use. You can either use the free Kindle App for your smartphone, tablet, AND your desktop computer (just like you’re using a Kindle, but right through your web browser <— No need to download anything! )
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free ebooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- Built: Saints of Denver by Jay Crownover
- House of the Rising Son by Sherrilyn Kenyon
- Reckless in Love: The Maverick Billionaires, Book 2 by Bella Andre and Jennifer Skully
- Seduction in Session: The Perfect Gentlemen, Book 2 by Shayla Black
- Spark Joy: A Master Class on the Art of Organizing and Tidying Up by Marie Kondo
BARGAINS & READER RECOMMENDATIONS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).
- You can also check out all of TODAY’S AMAZON DAILY DEALS <— includes anything and everything in this category (electronics, video games, clothes, cool house gadgets, Kindles etc…)
- Sutphin Boulevard (Five Boroughs) by Santino Hassell <— M/M ROMANCE that both Fabi AND Teri loved! “Fabi did you recommend the Five Boroughs series by Santino Hassell on a previous post? I just read them. Freaking fantastic!”
- Sunset Park (Five Boroughs) by Santino Hassell <— M/M ROMANCE and here is #2!
- The Fall (The Reluctant Romantics Book 1) by Kate Stewart <— Cheryl is enjoying this one! “Reading The Fall (it was in my tbr). If you enjoyed Room 212, you’ll like this one. It follows one of the daughters.” YES!!! I LOVED Room 212!!! Thank you Cheryl!
- RUSH (City Lights: New York City) by Emma Scott <— I 4.5 starred THIS magnificence and it’s on sale today!!! (my review) and Theresa agrees! “Emma Scott has Rush on sale if you didn’t get it yet – get the novella too. You will not be sorry”
- The Affair by Colette Freedman <— MARITAL DISCORD ALERT! Amy is enjoying this one! “Back to The Affair now…so far so good!” She suspects her husband is having an affair… “Now Kathy must decide whether to follow her suspicions at the risk of losing everything, or trust the man with whom she’s entwined her past, present, and future. As she grapples with that choice, she is confronted with surprising truths not just about her relationship, but about her friends, family, and her own motivations.“
- Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta <— SO MANY HERE LOVE THIS ONE! bev found us this one!! “Yes to Jellicoe Road. Awesome deal. Everyone grab it. I need to choose another book by that author to read. Maryse if still viable tomorrow you gotta put it in your deals section. And then *whispers* read it. *nods head*” and Amy agrees! “I just read Jellicoe Road on Bev’s rec and it was SO good!“
- Caged: Takedown Teague by Shay Savage <— TEAR JERKER ALERT! and Fabi is on a recommendation roll, ’cause she also HIGHLY recommends this series, and Jean tried it and LOVED it! “Fabi! You were so right about the Caged books! 2 was better than 1 and 3 is AWESOME! I loved it! Boy did I cry…..when he finally tells Tria his secret (which I kinda suspected), the tears were rolling down my face! So horrible! Love this series!”
- The Last Hour of Gann by R. Lee Smith <— DARK READ BACK ON THE LIST ’cause Fabi lost her mind (she’s still in a book fog) over this one! “I just finished The Last Hour of Gann, after 3 days of non-stop reading. Right now real life doesn’t seem real. I’m looking around and wondering what I’m supposed to be doing. Book fog doesn’t begin to describe it. 5 stars doesn’t do it justice. Thank you Michelle. I’ve been hearing about for over a year, but I didn’t take the plunge until I heard from you. Thank you, thank, thank you.” and MichelleS is reading another by this author! “Fabi – I know what you mean about “epic length” (I am at 90% with Land of the Beautiful Dead” and still have almost 2 hours of reading left according to my Kindle.) But it’s so worth it. Isn’t TLHoG amazing? So glad Maryse listed it here a while back. Lizard man and all of his spine flicking and praying and counting – I loved everything. … which did I like better? Gann or Dead? Loaded question there. It’s a tie, I think. Each for different reasons. Dead has more secondary characters to like. Gann has that cool world & traditions. Both have anti heroes. Dead had more romance. Can’t answer. Both are 5 star reads for me. What about Heat? Should I read it??”
- Beaten (Broken Book 1) by Rebekah Rue <— WHAT TO READ AFTER ARSEN ALERT?!! Nancy recommends this one! “This is just a post to let Maryse and and fans of Thoughless by S.C. Stephens, and people who follow the list of What to Read after Arsen, that their is a new debut author Rebekah Rue and her book Beaten is really that good.”
- Crazy Good by Rachel Robinson <— I LOVED THIS ONE and Theresa wants to include these in her favorites lists, too!! “…totally forgot Rachel Robinson!!!! Crazy Good and Set In Stone. Time and space is due out January 18. Ladies if you are not caught up, move it! The last in Set In Stone ripped. me up, like my military and ex- military. These are Seals. Just got goose bumps thinks thinking about them.” (here’s my review of book #1)
- FU Cancer by Hilaria Alexander <— Recent release & it’s on super-sale! “…he was the love of her life, and she married him. When her Peter Pan of a husband decided to divorce her, she thought it was her chance to start anew. That was until she was diagnosed with breast cancer…“
- Growl: Werewolf/Shifter Romance by Eve Langlais, Kate Douglas, A.C. Arthur <— OVER 600 pages and it’s THREE stories!!!
- House of the Rising Son by Sherrilyn Kenyon
- Dark and Stormy Knight (Knights Of Avalon) by Nina Mason
- Ghostly Issues (A Harper Harlow Mystery Book 2) by Lily Harper Hart
- Killer Magic: 8 Tales of Mystery and the Paranormal by 8 Bestselling Authors
- The Good, the Bad, and the Vampire (Dead in the City) by Sara Humphreys
- Grave Attraction (The Grave Series Book 4) by Lori Sjoberg
- What Lies Beneath by Nicole Thorn
- Strip You Bare (The Deacons of Bourbon Street) by Cassandra Chandler
- Edge of Obsession by Megan Crane
- Guardian’s Heart (Fire and Snow Book 1) by Khloe Wren
- Forsaken Hunger (Drakon’s Treasure Book 1) by Nikki McCoy
- Dark Deeds (Class 5 Series Book 2) by Michelle Diener
- Spark Joy: An Illustrated Master Class on the Art of Organizing and Tidying Up by Marie Condo <— DECLUTTERING YOUR LIFE ALERT!! !!! I’m a list maker so you KNOW I can appreciate organization. Tee hee!!! And okay… NOT a contemporary romance but everyone went CRAZY for her other book The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing (in fact my sister is reading it now) so I thought id let y’all know this one just released today!
- Abruption by Riley Mackenzie <— Jill found us this one!! “It released today! I’m reading it now and loving it! And the cover is so awesome!” Hrmm… sounds like it could have that intensity that I love. “Guy is consumed by the challenges of being a single father, still struggling with the aftermath that derailed his life and left his son with special needs. He doesn’t realize his world went dark the same day his wife’s did, until Jules, his son’s new nurse, shows him the light.“
- Fighting Dirty: Worth the Fight Series by Sidney Halston <— MMA FIGHTERS!!
- An Ounce of Hope (A Pound of Flesh Book 3) by Sophie Jackson
- Built: Saints of Denver by Jay Crownover <— THEY ARE FROM TWO DIFFERENT WORLDS ALERT! “She’s country club and fine-dining, he’s cell-block and sawdust…” and Jean is excited about this one!! “So excited about a new series by Jay Crownover coming out in January….a spinoff from the Marked Men series…..”
- Missed Connection by K. Larsen and Mara White <— SECOND CHANCE ROMANCE ALERT! “Titan Jennings and Jesenia Van Buren may come from two different worlds but their hearts are open to second chances. No matter who or what may stand against them, love is what anchors their lives together. Love may be infinite but time is not, Missed Connection is a novel about making the very best you can with what little you’ve got.”
- Everything At Last: A Magnolia Beach Novel by Kimberly Lang
- Pain by Amanda Mackey
- Strip You Bare (The Deacons of Bourbon Street) by Maisey Yates
- Never Tear Us Apart by Monica Murphy <— THIS ONE’S BLURB!!! SHE WAS KIDNAPPED, HE SAVED HER… but she doesn’t realize who he is alert!! “Does she know who I am? Has she figured me out? Not yet. But she will. In the meantime, I need to make sure that whatever hold that animal had on her is gone. So, yeah, I’m stealing these moments with her. Savoring them. Knowing, dreading, that she’ll soon find out who I really am. And everything will fall apart. All because of that twisted, perverted monster sitting on death row. Her kidnapper. A convicted serial killer. My father.”
- Never Say Goodbye (Rebel Walking #6) (Rebel Walking Series) by Hilary Storm
- Risqué Series by Scarlett Finn
- The Fractured Heart: A Second Circle Tattoos Novel by Scarlett Cole <— TATTOO ARTIST & WAITRESS... “when Drea witnesses the abduction of a woman from the café she works at, she can’t help but turn to Cujo who’s determined to prove to Drea that he’s someone she can count on forever…but as they attempt to bring the truth to light, someone is working to bring that forever to a sudden, deadly halt.”
- Seduction in Session: The Perfect Gentlemen by Shayla Black and Lexi Blake
- Hostile Desires (Task Force Hawaii Book 2) by Melissa Schroeder
- Wicked Lust (The Wicked Horse Book 2) by Sawyer Bennett <— SHE WANTS TO EXPOSE THIS SEX CLUB ALERT! “She just didn’t count on her pathway into the club coming at the hands of one gorgeously scarred and bad ass bouncer who manages to easily possess her body and soul.“
- Beast by Jenika Snow & Sam Crescent <— BAD-A$$ BIKER ALERT! “Bridget is in trouble, and knew the only person that can help her is Beast, a hardened biker she’s grown up with.”
- A Family Affair: The Secret; Truth in Lies, Book 8 by Mary Campisi
- Good at Games by Jill Mansell
- Off the Clock: A Pleasure Principle novel by Roni Loren <— SEX RESEARCH ALERT!! “But some of those tasks are built for two, and when he finds Marin searching for a candidate to help her check off her list, Donovan decides there’s only one man for the job—him. As long as they keep their erotic, off-the-clock activities strictly confidential and without strings, no one will get fired—or worse, get attached…“
- The Best of Me: A Return to Briarwood Novel by Elisabeth Barrett
- The Infatuation: Josh and Kat Part I (The Club Book 5) by Lauren Rowe
- Home wrecker Incorporated by S. Simone Chavous <— Amy says: “I just started Homewrecker Incorporated, and I’m loving it!”
- Elegant Seduction (Trinity Masters Book 6) by Mari Carr & Lila Dubois
- Laws of Attraction (The Southerlands Book 7) by Evelyn Adams
- SNACK by Emme Burton <— CHILDHOOD BEST FRIENDS “Sometimes the villain in the story isn’t a person. Sometimes it’s time. And space. And fear. Fear of losing the best friend you’ve ever had.“
- Cold Fusion by Harper Fox <— M/M ROMANCE!
- Sweet As Honey by Honey
- Everything She Wanted: Book Five: The Hunted Series by Jennifer Ryan
- No Obligation Required (Brew Crew) by Kelly Jamieson
- My Sweet Demise (Demise Series Book 1) by Shana Vanterpool
- New Leaf: A Mystic Creek Novel by Catherine Anderson
- Jesse’s Reign (These Bones Rockstar Romance Series Book 4) by Maria Bernard
- Changing Scenes (Changing Teams Series Book 2) by Jennifer Allis Provost
- Love in the Morning (Salt Box Trilogy) by Meg Benjamin
- Heartsong (Singing to the Heart Book 2) by Sara Walter Ellwood
- All That’s Unforeseen (Sunnydale Days Book 5) by Constance Philllips <— HER EX-HUSBAND’S BEST FRIEND ALERT!
- Hart Breaker: A Blink, Texas story by J. D. Mason
- Break Me: Absolution part two by Sophia Scarlet
- A Legal Affair by Alex Strong
- The Heat Is On (Bad Boys of Baseball) by Katie Rose <— FAMOUS BASEBALL PLAYER & DIVORCED MOTHER OF 4 ALERT! “A divorced mother of four, Tracy Coleman no longer aspires to gossip-mag glam—but she’ll make an exception for a date with Connor. Their chemistry is hotter than ever, and being alone with him is more seductive than she anticipated. Who could blame her for leaving out a little detail like the kids?“
- Worlds Apart (The Sisters Series Book 3) by Holly Mortimer
- Cater to You by Shamara Ray
- Indulge My Fantasy by Caroline Bradley <— SHE FINDS A FAMOUS ACTOR STUCK IN A SNOW STORM!! “…she finds Aaron Elias, the hottest actor in Hollywood, stranded on a mountain road in a snowstorm, she’s not sure what to think or to want. In a snowed-in cabin, she gives in to her wildest fantasies, but she’s sure he’ll forget her name the moment she repairs his water pump and sends him on his way.“
- Big Rock: (A Sexy Standalone Contemporary Romance) by Lauren Blakely <— TOMORROWWWWWW!!!!!
PRE-ORDERS (next week’s)
- Aced (The Driven Series Book 8) by K. Bromberg - January 11th 2016
- The Score (Off-Campus Book 3) by Elle Kennedy <— Dean & Allie’s book! Releasing January 11th 2016
- Scarless & Sacred (The Chicago War Book 3) by Bethany-Kris - January 11th 2016
- Sebring (The Unfinished Hero Series Book 5) by Kristen Ashley - January 11th 2016
- Inked on Paper by Nicole Edwards - January 12th 2016
- The Mother Road by Meghan Quinn - January 12th 2016
- Angel’s Halo: Reclaimed (Angel’s Halo MC Book 4) by Terri Anne Browning - January 12th 2016
- Dirty Together (The Dirty Billionaire Trilogy Book 3) by Meghan March - January 12th 2016
- For the First Time: Twenty-One Brand New Stories of First Love by Alessandre Torre, Kim Karr, Jen Frederick, Alexa Riley, Lynda Chance, Sarah Castille, Nina Lane, CJ Roberts, Anna Zaires, Nikki Sloane, Cynthia Sax, Avery Aster, Pam Godwin, Skye Warren, Julia Sykes, Cynthia Rayne, Jenika Snow, Debra Presley, Shoshanna Evers, Tamsen Parker, and Nina Levine! - January 12th 2016
- Love in the Light (Hearts in Darkness Duet Book 2) by Laura Kaye – January 12th 2016
- Unhinge: A Novel by Calia Reed - January 12th 2016
- My Best Friend’s Stepfather by Opal Carew - January 12th 2016
- The Dirt on Ninth Grave (Charley Davidson Book 9) by Darynda Jones - January 5th 2016 <— Nakina says: “If there are any readers out there who have not read the Charley Davidson series by Darynda Jones…then your life is incomplete. Ive tried to force all my friends and family to read them but they are allergic to anything that comes on paper i guess lol You’ll thank me i promise…“ and Tessa says: “Dirt, dirt, dirt…! I need that book. …Each one builds on the other. There are normally no CH, though number eight was a major exception. Not CH but more of a WTF? “
- Time and Space by Rachel Robinson - January 18th 2016
- Midnight Lily by Mia Sheridan <— MARCH 1st 2016!!!
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).