Happy NEW RELEASE Day!! Prime Day is over (and what fun it was!!) But we’ve still got quite a few book-finds to explore (and a bunch that went live late last night that I added below). Like that SURPRISE Rachel Van Dyken ROCK STAR book over there to the right that was a total surprise! (Thank you, Tessa!!!) —–>
Time for my blurb-jolt list!! These are the ones today that have me salivating to read ‘em!!! Steadfast (I love this author, and this one’s about a recovering addict, ex-con comes back to town, and her police-officer father doesn’t want her near him!), Deep Redemption (I need to catch up on the series, but book #1 was good, and the way my fellow readers are freaking out over this super-gritty release, I know it’s for me!), His to Protect (she’s homeless after escaping her abusive husband, and the restaurant owner finds her scrounging in his dumpster for food…), Edge of Glory (She’s a HUGE fangirl, and he’s an Olympic star, and she embarrasses herself in front of him), Luck, Love & Lemon Pie (<— OMG THIS ONE!! This sounds like it might be a little… “Taylor Jenkins Reid-like”, and it’s right up my alley! Marital strife, and loneliness, so she takes up poker-playing on her spare time and ends up doing well and catches a Poker star’s interest!! Eeeeep!!!), Crazy Stupid Obsession (she had a one-night and he broke her heart, and now her roommate is shacking up with his best friend…), and My Love Is Blue (an artist loses the love of her life, and becomes a reclusive, but when she needs to earn money teaching art, her new cop-student helps heal her heart…). Oh!! And Hottest Mess (I’m intrigued by what makes them so forbidden that they have to remain a secret… sounds juicy!)
P.S. ➔ Follow me (and Pimmie AND Hobbit – my sweet puppies – yep, I have a new addition!) on Instagram? That would be SO cool!!!
P.P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere). P.P.S. Don’t have a Kindle? No problem! Amazon offers various free Kindle apps and a free Kindle Cloud reader for any and ALL of us to use. You can either use the free Kindle App for your smartphone, tablet, AND your desktop computer (just like you’re using a Kindle, but right through your web browser <— No need to download anything!)
Now… take a look at all of the goodies we found (and I’ll keep adding as I find more):
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- Cream of the Crop by Alice Clayton
- The Sapphire Affair: A Jewel Novel, Book 1 by Lauren Blakely
- Deception by Aleatha Romig
- Simon Says: Mine: Mountain Masters & Dark Haven, Book 2 by Cherise Sinclair
- Hendrix: Caldwell Brothers, Book 1 by MJ Fields
- Logan Kade by Tijan
- Unforgiven: The Horsemen Trilogy by Mary Balogh
- The Alpha Claims a Mate by Georgette St. Clair
- Hottest Mess: Dirtiest, Book 2 by J. Kenner
BARGAINS & READER RECOMMENDATIONS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order. Sales listed are for Amazon U.S., however some of the Amazon UK links also reflect the sale!):
- The Drifter by Kathy Coopmans <— RECENT RELEASE & bargain priced! He left her to become a musician… “For thirteen years he’s been drifting wherever his guitar takes him, avoiding his past. Never thinking of his future. Not once did he think it would all catch up to him. Until it did.“
- The Unwritten Series by Lauren Runow <— BUNDLED SERIES at a great price!
- Love In Rewind (Audio Fools Book 1) by Tali Alexander <— this one is super-bargain priced today!! Lauren: Love in Rewind is in my top 10….top 5….all time favorite books. If you haven’t read it….READ IT NOW!!!
- Desperately Seeking Epic by B.N. Toler <— TEAR JERKER and it’s on super-bargain! Kathy found it for us!! “I just picked up Desperately Seeking Epic by B.N. Tyler. It is on sale …. I have been waiting for this one with tissues in hand!”
Linda: Guys just finished Desperately Seeking Epic. Can’t open my mouth to speak. Grateful I’m alone in the house right now!!!! I’m a snotty mess!! Most beautiful story. Just epic storytelling.
Catherine: So in the last week I’ve read One Thousand Boy Kisses and Desperately Seeking Epic and I have NEVER cried so much!!!! I read ALOT, and these two books tore me in two. I don’t normally comment, but I love your blog Maryse and I just wanted to say you should read these books. They really are beautifully written and so emotionally perfect!
- Such A Pretty Face by Cathy Lamb <— SHE’S LOST A TON OF WEIGHT BUT… “for everything that’s changed, some things remain the same. Stevie’s shyness refuses to melt away. She still can’t look her gorgeous neighbor in the eye. The Portland law office where she works remains utterly dysfunctional, as does her family—the aunt, uncle, and cousins who took her in when she was a child. To top it off, her once supportive best friend clearly resents her weight loss.” (it’s on sale today!)
- Wildest Dreams (Fantasyland Series Book 1) by Kristen Ashley <— KRISTEN ASHLEY SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!!
Grey: I started the KA fantasyland books last night. Enjoying Wildest Dreams, so much so that I stayed up til 330 ready…
Nikki: Just finished Kristen Ashley’s Wildest Dreams….loved it.
- No Strings Attached (The Escort Book 1) by Kristen Strassel <— HE’S A MALE ESCORT ALERT!“…working as a male escort leaves him feeling empty. He turns to photography to fill the void. When Jagger gets a call from a lonely single mom who needs the same thing he does, he wants more. He wants her. Leah and Jagger have no problem convincing everyone at the reunion they’re together. She should’ve known better than to think there’d be no strings attached. After all, he’s a professional…” (super-bargain!!)
- An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir <— YA DYSTOPIAN LOOKS SO GOOD ALERT!! “It is in this brutal world, inspired by ancient Rome, that Laia lives with her grandparents and older brother. The family ekes out an existence in the Empire’s impoverished backstreets. They do not challenge the Empire. They’ve seen what happens to those who do. But when Laia’s brother is arrested for treason, Laia is forced to make a decision. In exchange for help from rebels who promise to rescue her brother, she will risk her life to spy for them from within the Empire’s greatest military academy…” (it’s on sale today!!!)
- Sempre: Redemption by J.M. Darhower <— Anne found us this super-sale!! “Sempre: Redemption by J.M. Darhower has dropped… That’s the lowest it’s been in a year.”
- Unlit Star by Lindy Zart <— TEARJERKER ALERT!!! Pia says we HAVE to read this!!
“I just finished Unlit Star by Lindy Zart – did it wreck my heart – YES IT DID. This one need to be on top of the list “what to read after Me before You”. It was so emotional, it hurt so much and it was so beautiful. I cried and I swore and I nearly threw my kindle across the room. This one has everything I’m looking for in a book, and I honestly don’t know what to read next. I’m not in the mood for anything. Picked up a magazine tonight and I haven’t read one in ages. You ladies NEED to read this one, please….”
- Wolfsong by TJ Klune <— M/M DARK FANTASY ROMANCE & WE LOVE this author!!
Fabi: I have a mm rec for you if you ever venture into that sub-genre. Wolfsong by TJ Klune One reviewer explained it “So, verdict? Awesome? Heartbreaking? Worth it? Wanna punch TJ in the d!ck? ;- )” … My only thought was “all of the above…” If you’re looking for PNR you might take a peek at Wolfsong
- The Staff and the Blade: Irin Chronicles Book Four by Elizabeth Hunter <—”The Staff and the Blade is a novel in four parts. It is the fourth book in the Irin Chronicles…” and MichelleS is VERY excited! “IRIN CHRONICLES!!! OMG. I love that series. She is such an amazing writer. Elemental Mysteries is still one of my all time favorite vampire series, and Irin Chronicles was fabulous too.“
- The Scars of Her Dragon (Dragon Guard Series Book 14) by Julia Mills
- The Perils of Effrijim by Katie MacAlister
- Double Down (The Drift Book 1) by Susan Hayes
- Born of Magic (Gargoyle Masters) by Missy Jane
- Hunter Undone: Hunters of Willow Creek Book One by Eden Ashe
- Hunger Moon (Hot Moon Rising #7) by Merryn Dexter
- Capture (Siren Book 1) by Katie de Long <— HORROR
- The Other Brother (Snow and Ash Book 3) by Heather Knight
- Her Black Wings (The Dark Amulet Series Book 1) by A.J. Norris
- White Lies: (The Uruwashi Series #4) by Christina Moore
- Revenge is Sweet: Restore your love for vampires with this fabulous read (Immortals of London Book 2) by Berni Stevens
- Steadfast (True North Book 2) by Sarina Bowen <— SARINA BOWEN ALERT!! EX-CON RECOVERING FROM DRUG ADDICTION and he’s back in town… “After a three year absence, the man who killed her brother and broke her heart is suddenly everywhere she turns. It’s hard not to stare at how much he’s changed. The bad boy who used to love her didn’t have big biceps and sun-kissed hair. And he’d never volunteer in the church kitchen. No one wants to see Sophie and Jude back together, least of all Sophie’s police chief father…“
- Deep Redemption (Hades Hangmen Book 4) by Tillie Cole <— TILLIE COLE BIKER SERIES ALERT!!! “But then his isolation is broken. Another prisoner is brought to the cell next to his. A woman fighting her own demons and fears. A woman who Cain understands needs him, as he needs her…” (here is the Hades Hangmen Series Reading Order)
Jean: What a list! But I am most excited about Deep Redemption! Been waiting for this one especially since this character is hated by all! Will Tillie change our minds about him? Awesome series!
DG: OMG…Deep Redemption is LIVE …woohoo! Tillie Cole at her finest…Love this MC series…unique plot and definitely unique characters…Not for the faint of heart! …the Hangmen are slightly darker, maybe a little more…violent. Very broken H/h who just need each other so much…definitely a interesting, twisted ride. Very excited to read the Prophet’s story….
- Keep (Seaside Pictures Book 2) by Rachel Van Dyken <— ROCK STAR SURPRISE RACHEL VAN DYKEN ALERT! JUST WENT LIVE THIS EVENING!!!! He’s a rock star, and a virgin (and nobody knows!!!)”…what they want is the idea of me; the pleasure they gain at listening to my song and knowing without a doubt I’m talking about them and only them. It worked for a while. Until a nerdy girl with glasses falls at my feet, literally, and suddenly I don’t want to be Saint anymore, what I want? What I really need?
Is to be kept. By her.“
- STONED (Wrecked Book 1) by Mandi Beck <— JUST WENT LIVE THIS EVENING!!! ROCK STAR ANGST!! “For as long as Stone can remember, Willow has been his music – the notes that weave his soul together. His rhythm. Until he threw her away. All he has left is a handful of pills and a few lines of powder to make him forget her. And he tries, over and over.“
- The Shortcoming: Unexpected Circumstances Book 4 by Shay Savage
- No Pants Required By Kim Karr
- Restored (The Walsh Series Book 5) by Kate Canterbary
- Trophy Wife by Noelle Adams
- Treasure Hunters by Sylvia Day
- Searching for Harmony (Boston Love) by Kelly Elliott
- Hottest Mess: A Dirtiest Novel (Stark) by J. Kenner <— J. KENNER FORBIDDEN LOVE ALERT! I’m not sure what exactly is forbidden about them, but I hope it’s juicy!!! “Inextricably bound by our past, we keep each other’s secrets. And while there are people who have the power to hurt us, it’s the truth that threatens us most of all. Dallas can be mine only behind closed doors, our passion as searing as it is forbidden…“
- Into Temptation (The Sinful Duet Book 1) by Skyla Madi
- My Creative Billionaire 1 by Ali Parker
- The Goodbyes by Leslie Welch <— ROCK STAR & HIS DYING BEST FRIEND ALERT!!! Omg this sounds like the ultimate tearjerker… “The girl who inspired his songs has hours to live. A snow storm and two hundred miles separate a rock star from his chance to say goodbye…”
- Loving Olivia (Nights in Madrid Book 4) by M.C. Roman
- Cream of the Crop (The Hudson Valley Series Book 2) by Alice Clayton <—ALICE CLAYTON ALERT! SHE’S MANHATTEN’S IT GIRL & SHE HAS A BIG CRUSH! “Natalie’s favorite part of each week is spending Saturday morning at the Union Square Farmer’s Market, where she indulges her love of all things triple cream. Her favorite booth also indulges her love of all things handsome. Oscar Mendoza…“
- Wicked Beautiful by J.T. Geissinger <— REVENGE ALERT! HE DUMPED HER LONG AGO and now she’s changed! “What he doesn’t know is that the alluring Victoria Price used to be the mousy Isabel Diaz, the girl he deflowered and dumped long ago. Presented with a perfect opportunity for revenge, Victoria decides the game is on.”
- The Inheritance (Forever Bound Book 1) by Bree Callahan
- Fantasy Girl by Candice Gilmer
- Nine Women, One Dress: A Novel by Jane L. Rosen
- His to Protect: A Fireside Novel by Stacey Lynn <— HE FINDS HER LOOKING FOR FOOD IN HIS RESTAURANT DUMPSTER ALERT! “After one too many trips to the ER, Trina Wilson finally gathered the courage to leave her husband, taking only her car and hyperactive boxer. Unfortunately, life on the run proves harder than she anticipated—until Declan takes a leap of faith on her. But even as Trina starts to see beyond his gruff exterior, she can’t relax, even for a moment. Not with her husband still tracking her down…”
- Forever Wild: A Camden Ranch Novel by Jillian Neal
- Surrender to You: An At Your Service Novel by Shawntelle Madison
- Free Fridays: A Novel (Zane Presents) by Pat Tucker <— MARITAL STRIFE & AN EXPERIMENT ALERT! “The last Friday of every month is free: Leela and Riley get an unconditional free pass. They can do whatever they want, with whomever, wherever, with no questions asked, the one rule being that there are no strings attached. At first, it seems like the perfect arrangement…”
- The Runaway Wife: A Novel by Elizabeth Birkelund
- Edge of Glory (Friendship, Texas Book 1) by Magan Vernon <— SHE MEETS AN OLYMPIC SWIMMER ALERT! “I froze. Directly facing me was Olympic swimmer, Jay Morningstar…and I just made an idiot of myself. The rest of the table looked up to see me standing there with my mouth practically gaping…”
- KNOT: A Wake Family Novel by M Mabie
- The Sapphire Affair (A Jewel Novel Book 1) by Lauren Blakely
- Unexpected Reality by Kaylee Ryan <— BAD BOY & A NEW BABY ALERT (I got that from the cover) “How do you expect a change so huge it rocks you to your core?”
- The Black Widow by Daniel Silva
- Romanced by a SEAL: Hot SEALs by Cat Johnson
- Persuading Spring: A Sexy New Zealand Romance (The Four Seasons Book 4) by Serenity Woods
- Anything But Love by Abigail Strom
- Luck, Love & Lemon Pie by Amy E. Reichert <— MARITAL STRIFE & SO SHE PICKS UP POKER PLAYING… and then a poker star noticed her!!! Oh… oh. So many loved her The Coincidence of Coconut Cake book, and she’s just released a new one. YAY!!! “Increasingly unhappy at home, she turns to the felt top of the poker table for comfort. Intoxicated with newfound freedom, MJ begins spending more time at the gambling tables and less with her family, finally carving out for herself a place outside her role of wife and mother. After a string of great wins, MJ finds herself in Vegas, attracting the attention of a certain magnetic poker star…“
Lori: Thanks for all of the great finds! Just finished The Coincidence of Coconut Cake and LOVED it. What a sweet, fun book that I would have never discovered on my own. And being from Wisconsin, the Milwaukee setting made it extra cool! Now what to read next…
- Roomie Wars by Kat T. Masen <— ROOMMATES HAVE A FAKE RELATIONSHIP TO MAKE HER EX JEALOUS ALERT! “When her ex comes back into the picture, Zoey seeks revenge and enlists her roommate’s help. All Zoey and Drew need to do is pretend to be a couple for one night. But one night can change everything. Refusing to break their “roomie code,” and in an effort to deny their feelings for each other, a war erupts between Zoey and Drew.“
- Hello: A Romantic Comedy (Dressing A Billionaire Book 1) by Jamie Lee Scott
- 1001 Dark Nights: Bundle Five by Julie Kenner, Lexi Blake, Larissa Ione, Elisabeth Naughton, Angel Payne, Michelle St. James
- Higher Ground by Nan Lowe
- Aced by Ella Frank <— ELLA FRANK M/M ROMANCE ALERT!!!
- Three Wishes (Rainbow Island Book 1) by Sean Michael <— M/M ROMANCE ALERT!!!
- Painting in the Rain by Dev Bentham <— M/M ROMANCE ALERT!!!
- Funny Bone by Daniel W. Kelly <— M/M ROMANCE ALERT!!!
- Forsaking All Others (From This Day Forward Book 2) by Shannon Myers
- The Seller (Trading Hearts Book 2) by Saskia Walker
- Crazy Stupid Obsession: A Bad Boy Romance (Crazy Love Book 2) by Melissa Toppen <— ONE-NIGHT MISTAKE AND NOW HER ROOMMATE’S WITH HIS FRIEND ALERT! “…my roommate is now shacking up with his best friend. If he thinks his boyish charm and crooked smile are enough to make me forget, he has another thing coming…” It’s a standalone, too!
- To Love a Wildcat Series Box Set by V. L. Locey
- The Thirteen Acts by Desire Tyler
- Now and Then Friends (A Hartley-by-the-Sea Novel) by Kate Hewitt
- Ryan’s Hand by Leila Meacham <— SHE INHERITS HALF OF HER BEST FRIEND’S RANCH… “…inheriting Ryan’s share of his family’s ranch in west Texas and living there for a year? Cara doesn’t understand what he was thinking. Still, she cannot, will not deny Ryan’s last request…even if it means sharing a roof with his brooding, arrogant older brother.”
- Black As Kink by Nikky Devin-Miels
- Love On My Mind by Tracey Livesay
- Love Shack (Tiny Houses, Big Hearts) by Roxy Mews
- Mine (A Mate Companion Novella) by Violet Haze
- My Love Is Blue by Rosemary Danielis <— THE LOVE OF HER LIFE DIES & SHE BECOMES A RECLUSIVE ARTIST, BUT… “Desperate and running out of money to pay her rent, Emma is forced to open up her locked-down existence to take on off-duty Police Officer Grayson Tate. He’s opinionated, arrogant and completely charming with a burning desire to learn how to paint, specifically from Emma. Having to deal with Grayson sends Emma’s dormant emotions into a tail-spin. How can she possibly fall in love with Grayson without betraying Julian and the love they shared?“
- The Perfect Blend (Sweet City Hearts 3) by Allie Pleiter
- Stolen Memories: A Novella by Alyson Reynolds
- A Tide Worth Turning/Message In A Bottle (2 in One Volume): A Surf’s Up Novella by Beth Wiseman
- The Virgin’s War: A Tudor Legacy Novel by Laura Andersen <— TRILOGY CONCLUSION ALERT!! “Laura Andersen’s gripping conclusion in the trilogy about the next generation of Tudor royals, bringing to life the drama and intrigue of Queen Elizabeth I; her daughter, Anabel, the Princess of Wales; and two countries locked in a battle for the ages…“
➜ CHECK OUT ALL the upcoming BOOK RELEASES here.
PREORDERS (tomorrow’s & next week’s!!! )
- Unwanted (Elemental Assassin Book 18) by Jennifer Estep – July 18th 2016
- Sinner’s Revenge (A Sinner’s Creed Novel) by Kim Jones – July 19th 2016
- Rock Wedding (Rock Kiss Book 4) by Nalini Singh - releasing July 19th 2016
- Imprudence (The Custard Protocol) by Gail Carriger – July 19th 2016
- Obsession (Steel Brothers Saga Book 2) by Helen Hardt - July 19th 2016
- His Royal Secret by Lilah Pace - July 19th 2016
- Killing The Sun: Part 3 by Mara White & K. Larsen - July 19th 2016
- Falling by Jane Green - July 19th 2016
- The Girl Who Escaped ISIS: This Is My Story by by Farida Khalaf & Andrea C. Hoffmann - July 19th 2016
- Eminent Love by Leddy Harper - July 20th 2016
- Damaged (Torn Series Book 8) by Pamela Ann - July 21st 2016
- Twirled Bond (Holly Woods Files, #5) by Emma Hart - July 21st 2016
➜ CHECK OUT ALL the upcoming BOOK RELEASES here (frequently updated and it goes all the way to 2017!)
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).