Latest Paranormal & Contemporary Romance Book Releases – July 15th 2014

by Maryse on July 15, 2014 · 39 comments

Happy new release day!! A few on this one that are big on many TBR lists, like The Book of Life: A Novel (All Souls Trilogy) (a long time in the making, and in the waiting, but it’s finally here!), and that one to the left (Tamed (The Tangled Book 3). So many of us LOVED Drew’s dirty mouth and mind. ;) And Shame on Him by Tara Sivec (this looks like a steamy-fun series!).

Also —> Make sure you take a look at the bargain book/reader recommendations below. Not a huge list like Friday’s (of course), but this one looks extra angsty-good. And I. Mean. ANGSTY. Heartbreaking, and heart-wrenchingly intense.

ALSO!!! —-> Don’t forget to check out last night’s “Early-bird New Releases” post, ’cause I’m getting some great feedback on some of those, too! Like the book about the blogger that makes a point out of discovering a male author’s true identity (and meets him at a book convention) and Kendall Grey’s latest release (mob book). I’m hearing it’s awesome, too! :D Oh!! And uber-popular fanfic “Dusty” (at least book #1) has finally been released on Amazon. It’s on that list, too!

And for those of you that missed my Sunday post, it’s my TBR LIST!! 30+ books!!! “My latest TBR List – These just might rock my world, and I want to read them SO bad!” <— Tons of awesome reader comments about which one I should start next, and I’m about to break into it tonight. :D

P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).

P.P.S. Don’t have a Kindle? No problem! Amazon offers various free Kindle apps and a free Kindle Cloud reader for any and ALL of us to use. You can either use the free Kindle App for your smartphone, tablet, AND your desktop computer (just like you’re using a Kindle, but right through your web browser <— No need to download anything! :D )

BARGAINS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).

• 53 Letters For My Lover by Leylah Attar <— this one sounds ANGSTY!!!! “…the perfect wife, the perfect mother, the perfect daughter. For thirty-three years, she has played by the rules, swallowing secrets, burying dreams and doing whatever it takes to anchor her family. Shayda Hijazi is about to come face to face with the one thing that can rip it all apart, the one thing her heart has always been denied: love.” And then she meets “Troy Heathgate”…. “Now Shayda is flying free and Troy has found the one thing that centers his soul. But even as they beat the odds, Shayda is diagnosed with cancer and faces a painful dilemma. On the one hand is the man who makes her feel gloriously alive and on the other, her children, and a husband ravaged by the past.
  • Puddle Jumping by Amber L. Johnson <— UNCONVENTIONAL LOVE STORY ALERT!! recommended by Cynthia: “This week I read a sweet and amazing book: “Puddle Jumping” by Amber L. Johnson.  It’s a short and beautiful love story about a very special boy and an amazing girl that loves him unconditionally. The author writes from the heart and it’s a world she is well versed in.” From the blurb: “Their bond is cut short due to her accident prone nature and they go their separate ways. Years later, they meet again and Lilly learns that there is something special about the boy she once knew, but she has no idea what it all means. And she’s not sure if she’s ready to find out.
  • Wrecking Ball by B.N. Toler <— Nancy found out this one today! Cheryl says: “Finished Wrecking Ball. Well-written, multi-faceted emotional read. Dear God, I need to take a break from these emotional reads or invest in Kleenex stock ;) ” From the blurb: “Sometimes all it takes is one moment, fleeting as it may be, to crush what was once strong and indestructible, like a wrecking ball. Now Sophia has left and as she rediscovers herself, Brandon is left holding the shattered pieces of their lives, trying to figure out how to put them back together.
  • Life After Taylah by Bella Jewel <— Stephanie found us this deal! Oooooooh YES!!! I remember this blurb from a month or so ago’s list. ;) “A love affair. Champion Motocross Racer. Bad boy. Married.” Yep… also hovering in my TBR list!
  • Kismet by A.E. Woodward <— Kate recommends this one: “Have you read Kismet by A.E. Woodward yet? Oh my land. All sorts of nasty tears coming from this girl. LOL SOOOO worth it though. An incredible read.” From the blurb: “Her husband, daughter, and unborn baby. . . all gone in a flash. The life that she’d come to know, gone before she ever really got to live it. With a broken heart, she deals the only way she knows how, by shutting it all off. No communicating, no feelings, just pure nothingness.
  • Pulse (The Pulse Series Book 1) by Deborah Bladon <— Jenn recommends this author’s series: “Have you gotten into any of the series’ by author Deborah Bladen? Right up your alley, they are great!” Here’s a direct link to all of her books, and they do look good!
  • Flat-Out Celeste (Flat-Out Love Book 3) by Jessica Park <— latest release from this author! P.S. I absolutely LOVED book #1. Here is the Flat-Out Love Series Reading Order and here is my review of #1: Flat-Out Love.
  • If I Break by Portia Moore <— Janet recommends it saying: “I have to recommend this one. It has a vibe like one we were all reading last week. Read the description, but be careful of spoilers in the reviews. You need to go in blind.” <—- Eeeeeeep!!! I know what book you’re talking about (Is it this one? Rainfall by Melissa Delport). Thank you for this, Janet!!!!
  • Embracing My Submission (The Doms Of Genesis Book 1) by Jenna Jacob <—  Oh a DREAM-man Dom… “Haunted for years by dreams of a savage, amber eyed Dominant with lips so enticing my soul ached in frustration and lust. None of the Dominants at Genesis, my local BDSM club ever stirred me in such blistering ways. While I tried to fill my submissive desires vicariously through interactions at the club, I attempted to convince myself it was enough. But it wasn’t. My dream Dom made certain I hungered for more…”
  • Savage Kind of Love: Prairie Devils MC Romance (Outlaw Love) by Nicole Snow <—- BIKER BOOK ALERT! Recent release and so far tons of great reviews! Looks promising!. :D

PARANORMAL

CONTEMPORARY

bev July 15, 2014 at 12:01 PM

Puddle Jumping was so sweet. It was just a novella and I wish it was longer. Starting Tracy Wolff’s new Frost book tonight.

Maryse July 15, 2014 at 12:08 PM

Might be perfect for me as a quick in-between read. I just saw the length! :D

Jeanie V. July 15, 2014 at 12:26 PM

I enjoyed Puddle Jumping as well. Super sweet read. :)

Rebecka July 15, 2014 at 12:42 PM

Gotta love the novellas and short series reads they are great fillers!
The day is finally here I’ve been waiting for the Book of Life for so long! I one clicked right when I woke up!! Something about this trilogy just pulls me in and I have read & listened to the first 2 books several times!!!

Candy July 15, 2014 at 12:52 PM

You forgot Breaking Danger: A Ghost Ops Novel by Lisa Marie Rice. I absolutely love her books and can’t wait to dive into this one!

Amy July 15, 2014 at 1:04 PM

I was planning on starting 53 Letters For My Lover after I finish VIP (on the fence still about if I like it or not), and I just added If I Break, Wrecking Ball and Savage Kind of Love to my list. Of course, I also had to one-click several others from above, but those jumped to the top of my list!

I’m off to help a neighbor chaperone a Maleficent movie party. And taking my large purse so that I can hide my phone in it and read during the movie! ;)

Naughty Bits? *snort* Oh yeah, I’m lovin’ that title. :P

Diane M July 15, 2014 at 2:11 PM

I HIGHLY recommend 53 letters, me and my reading buddy can’t get it out of our heads a week later and there’s a free companion novella ‘From his lips’. Angst to the max and so beautifully written. Also suprisingly explicit

Tessa July 15, 2014 at 2:24 PM

I loved Life After Taylah. It’s such a great story, and angsty. It gave me that sad choked feeling and that happy, smiley feeling throughout the story. The biggest thrill here is Book of Life. I can’t wait to start it. I’m in the middle of something else, but I should stop now since I can’t concentrate on it due to wanting to read Book of Life instead.

Marit July 15, 2014 at 3:02 PM

I read the Pulse books a couple of days ago. I highly recommend them;) Addictive and angsty! Short novels. And Oh my GOD! I’m reading Alpha by Jasinda Wilder now;) Hot and mysterious alphamale with a big secret. The book is HOT:)

Fabi July 15, 2014 at 3:38 PM

I had to 1 click Vain. Between the hot cover and steamy blurb, it was irresistible.

Kate July 15, 2014 at 4:46 PM

I’m about to go broke with this list! ☺ Body Work sounds really intriguing. I think that will be my starting point. Then it’s down the list!

shelby July 15, 2014 at 6:08 PM

Wingman(woman) by Bella Jewel is on sale for 99¢ and was very good.

Kirsten July 15, 2014 at 6:28 PM

Loved Puddle Jumping! Also read How We Deal with Gravity by Ginger Scott and it really moved me.

Maryse July 15, 2014 at 7:12 PM

Yeahhhhhh 53 Letters sounds SOOOOO GOOD!!!!! Adding that one to the top of my TBR list…

Maryse July 15, 2014 at 7:13 PM

Hi Candy! I think it’s up in the paranormal section… I thought I read in the synopsis that it had that touch to it?

Maryse July 15, 2014 at 7:14 PM

Have fun with your sneaky reading Amy!!!

My eyes are all purpled out right now (found an awesome tutorial online for applying the quad) and I included the dark purple liner and its GORGEOUS!!!

It doesn’t even look crazy on me, it’s like… “neutral purples”. LOL!!! Love ‘em! My favorite makeup kit so far!

Cheryl July 15, 2014 at 8:26 PM

One-clicking is so easy!! It’s figuring out what to read next that’s the hard part, especially with my book Dom breathing down my neck to read from my TBR list! Clicked- Word Play, Maybe Maby, Hot Blooded, If I Break.

Hey Amy- LOVED concealer combo you rec’d before. :) Also tried the 2 mascaras I just bought. Like YSL one, the Too Faced better than sex- not so much- “clumps”. What’s VIP book?

Cheryl July 15, 2014 at 9:14 PM

Who makes the purple eye quad? I like the sound of neutral purple!!

Maryse July 15, 2014 at 9:21 PM

The purple quad is from Bare Minerals. “Dream Sequence”

Here it is: http://www.temptalia.com/bare-escentuals-bare-minerals-the-dream-sequence-eyeshadow-quad-review-photos-swatches

And here is the tutorial I found, and it came out so well! http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok8XXMwcKTM

Maryse July 15, 2014 at 9:21 PM

Only the bright purple one is not very neutral, but works awesome as a part of the eye lining…

Andee July 15, 2014 at 9:57 PM

I loved 53 letters too!!! Troy is just so great…. That’s all I’m going to say. :)

Cheryl July 15, 2014 at 10:41 PM

Ooooh Pretty!! Looks like I’ll be making a trip to Sephora tomorrow.

Amy July 15, 2014 at 10:59 PM

Yay!!! *happy dance* I’ll bet it looks *beautiful*!! Hubby like, right? ;) Now I want to go and play with my makeup. *giggle* I love how excited we get around here over this stuff. :D

The movie was actually entertaining enough to keep me from reading during it. Well, that and running little girls to the bathroom and making sure their popcorn stayed full and cleaning up spilled drinks and doling out candy and trying to keep them from talking too loud and even breaking up a spat…yeah, it was that crazy. *shaking and holding head*

Amy July 15, 2014 at 11:05 PM

Cheryl, I’m glad the combo worked for you! And I appreciate the input about the Better Than Sex mascara…guess it wasn’t, huh? *snicker* ;) VIP is by M. Robinson, and it’s okay so far. Let’s just say that it is taking a while to even get to what is in the blurb, but it’s interesting enough that I’m hanging in there.

Oh, and Maryse? Your grammar is looking mighty nice today. Did you get a visit from your Book Dom’s buddy? LOL!!!

Maryse July 15, 2014 at 11:30 PM

LOL!!! I ain’t ascared of grammar Dom.

Eeeep! I think I just heard him shining up his paddle. *help!!* TMI? Tee hee!! :P

Maryse July 15, 2014 at 11:32 PM

Yesssss hubby loves the purple eye makeup the most. I asked him if it was too much (on me cause I’m so used to browns and beiges) and he said nope. Just perfect and his favorite. :D

I’m doing it again tomorrow. I love experimenting with the colors and techniques!

Tomorrow or this weekend I’m getting another Buxom in “Dolly” and I have. Anew one in cherry flip. It’s awesome, but it takes me some time to get used to reds on my lips.

Amy July 16, 2014 at 12:01 AM

“Ascared”? You are so going to get it from grammar Dom’s paddle now, LOL!! And, um, I don’t think there is such a thing as TMI around me…Brazilian and frozen peas? :P

I love Buxom lip glosses, probably as much as MAC Lip Glass! Cherry Flip doesn’t seem like it would be *too* red, especially compared to Kir Royale. And gloss is a great way to ease into red on the lips. ;)

Jen C July 16, 2014 at 2:37 AM

Oooh great list and lots of bargains – so in!!

Forever Consumed by Skyla Madi – book 3 in the Consumed series – is on super sale for 99c right now too. I’ve been wanting to dive into book 2 for so long so getting this one so cheap might be the push I need!

Sharon F. July 16, 2014 at 5:37 AM

I am going to stay right where I am with Evan Arden.

Jean July 16, 2014 at 7:50 AM

Jen C, thanks for that info on Forever Consumed! I just one clicked it immediately! Read the first book and loved it, and had already bought 2nd book. Now I am looking forward to getting back to that series!

Connie July 16, 2014 at 10:27 AM

I just finished reading The Good Girl. It took me almost 3/4 of the book to really start to like it. The ending was great and I was wondering if you or anyone knows if she is writing a sequel to it. Thanks

Mindy July 16, 2014 at 11:07 AM

GAH! Can someone please tell Portia Moore that I need, as in NEEEEEEED the follow up to If I Break, like yesterday?!? Maryse, I am hungover this morning from this and it’s in the best way! Can’t wait to see where it goes from here. Pulled me right in…thank you Kleenex! But as it progressed, I was feeling what she was feeling…swoony, gut-punchy (totally a word,right?) and everything in between…right down to the wha-whaaaaaat whaaaaat!? And the oooooohhhhh hell no’s! Worth it! Gimme more

Amy July 16, 2014 at 1:36 PM

Mindy – is it a cliffhanger?? Crap! I *really* don’t like those right now, and I wanted to read that one! Pleeeeeeeease though…no spoilers! ;)

Mindy July 16, 2014 at 3:00 PM

Amy~
IKR…doesn’t that just kill the whole experience?!? Anyway….I’d say it isn’t a terrible cliffhanger like some of the others we’ve all read through BUT it gave me that “unsettled” feeling….the next one cannot get here fast enough so ermmmm yeah….

Amy July 16, 2014 at 4:16 PM

Thanks, Mindy! :)

Cheryl July 16, 2014 at 7:57 PM

Damn, so much for starting If I Break now…hate cliffhangers…moving on to Trapped…

Fabi July 16, 2014 at 9:56 PM

A few days ago, one of you recommended Take by Ella Frank. I tried to find your post again but I can’t. :-( I just wanted to say thank you so much for mentioning it. I loved it. I’ve only read a couple of M/M books and really other than the BDB one, I wasn’t impressed. Since the one you recommded is a sequel, I picked up Try first. I always have to start at the beginning. Lol — Tate and Logan’s story is fantastic. A really beautiful love story. While there is steamy and descriptive sex scenes, they are so much a part of the story that they only add to the plot. I’m hooked for sure. These guys are awesome. I’m in love with both of them. So glad there’s a 3rd book coming out. So sad I have to wait for it. But maybe good since maybe I’ll catch up on the sleep I missed the past two nights. I’m on to Word Play next. I was planning on starting it the day it came out, but I’d just met Tate and Logan and couldn’t break away then. hehe I hope the one who recommended Take remembers doing so cause this big ol’ thank you is for you girl. :-)

Fabi July 16, 2014 at 9:58 PM

Cheryl, I’m with you on cliffhangers. I’d rather not read them until the sequel comes out. Two things I have to have in my books, a beginning and ending (even if there is a subsequent installment) and an HEA. — or is that 3 things?

Cheryl July 17, 2014 at 10:19 AM

Finished Trapped and its prequel The Trap. Was good, although would have liked the angst to play out a little more.

Did find out from author that LOVE IN REWIND is an interconnected standalone, it’s Emily & Louis’ story.The next book will be interconnected to LOVE IN REWIND with similar characters but book II in the AUDIO FOOLS series is Sara’s (Emily’s BFF) love story.

Starting After I do… have kleenex ready…