Happy NEW RELEASE Day (and WHAT a release day it is!!) TWO new series installments from my favorites from a couple of years ago!! Oh and a Happy Canada Day to all of my Canadian fellow readers, and to my family! I miss Canada, but I’ll be celebrating in spirit with you all, and then celebrating our own exciting 4th of July holiday soon. I love celebrating. Celebrating’s my favorite.
And I noted quite a few more that had me bounce-clapping. Like: Born of Fury (I was hooked on this series a few years ago. Such alpha-male intensity!! Here’s my review of book #1 Born of Night), Never Been Kissed (he saves her from a kidnapping, and then they hide out in his apartment…), One Lavender Ribbon (sounds intense and heartwarming! She finds old romantic letters, and meets the nephew of the man that wrote them), Fake It (bad boy biker neighbor “fakes it” with her for her weekend visit – I know, it’s been done before, but I always love that journey… ) and speaking of journey, this one sounds like it could rip my heart out: After I Do (marital issues, and so they take a year off of their marriage… WHOA!!). Oh and UNMASKED (#2 was just released, and she’s the one hiding her face. They care for each other but never actually see each other).
But what I’m reading next? ABSOLUTELY Rainfall. Totally blurb jolt for me, and then my friend Kandace told me she LOVED it, so no squirreling. I’m set on it!
Bikers, fighters, heroes, sports stars, billionaires, and the vampires are out in full force today. I’m especially tempted by this one: Chains of Darkness.
Yep! There appears to be some VERY good reading below.
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
P.P.S. Don’t have a Kindle? No problem! Amazon offers various free Kindle apps and a free Kindle Cloud reader for any and ALL of us to use. You can either use the free Kindle App for your smartphone, tablet, AND your desktop computer (just like you’re using a Kindle, but right through your web browser <— No need to download anything! )
BARGAINS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).
- Rainfall by Melissa Delport <— This one was on the list a couple of days ago, due to that AWESOME BLURB! TOTAL blurb jolt!!! But then Kandace just told us she loved it: “I just finished Rainfall by Melissa Delport. I LOVED this story. I’ve never read a story like this. Rainfall a unique story that has twist after twist. I laughed! I cried! I felt everything! I highly recommend it. I wish I could tell you more but knowing anything about this story will ruin the experience. Do NOT read any reviews. Go in blind. I promise you all will love it. I could not put it down. Can you tell I’m excited? I’m going to be thinking about these characters for weeks.” and Summer loved it, too: “I just finished the most amazing book! It’s called Rainfall by Melissa Delport. It’s been awhile since I have read a 5 star book. This book has so much emotion. I highly recommend everyone check it out. It was so touching just sucked me right in and what a twist! I can’t recommend it enough to everyone!” <—- MINE!!!!!!!! *happy dance* Squirrel? What squirrel? Plus!! so I one-clicked it!!
- Crash & Burn (Hell’s Disciples MC Book 2) by Jaci J <— BIKER BOOK ALERT (and recently released). “It’s a constant battle between us now. I give, and he just takes, and we can’t go on like this.”
- The Ride (Hells Disciples MC Book 1) by Jaci J <– and here’s book #1 (and it says newly edited – some earlier reviews had issues with the errors)…
- UNMASKED: Volume 2 by Cassia Leo <— JUST RECENTLY RELEASED!! I won’t read the synopsis ’cause it’s #2 but let me check out #1…
- UNMASKED: Volume 1 by Cassia Leo <— Here’s #1!! Oh yesssssss I remember this blurb!!! She was born with a physical deformity and grew up unloved: “So I moved out and now I hide. I have a night job that pays the bills. Every night, I put on my mask and walk to work. Then one night, I hear and see something that will change my purpose in life… forever: a murder that will bring him to me. He says he wants to protect me. And, through a series of events I can’t fully make sense of, I find myself believing him. But our nightly visits are always cloaked in darkness. I don’t know his face and he will never know mine.“
- SEX Unlimited: Volume 1 (The Unlimited Series) by Kathryn Perez <— I met this sweet lady just a couple of days ago, and LOOK!! Another new release from her while we were at Book Bash! It’s a short one (first in a 4-part serial)! “One email set my life on an unexpected path…“
- Perfect Plans (The Perfect Plans Series Book 1) by C.J. Wells <— Stephanie found us this deal saying: “A TABOO romance for married women everywhere!” Oh my!!
- Thou Shalt Not by JJ Rossum <— recommended by one of my fav authors, Tarryn Fisher! (Thanks Kat!)
- Born of Fury (A League Novel) by Sherrilyn Kenyon <— OMG I LOVE this series!!! I fell HARD for the guys in the first three books, ESPECIALLY book #1. Ohhhhhh my those dimples and that moooooooody Nykyrian. *swoooooon* Here’s The League Series Reading Order
- Neck Deep In Vampires (A BBW Urban Fantasy) by Georgette St. Clair
- The Vampire’s Wolf by Jenna Kernan
- Vampire Trouble (Dead in the City) by Sara Humphreys
- Release by Elizabeth Dunk
- Rebel (The Cat Star Chronicles) by Cheryl Brooks
- Mending The Shroud (The Shroud Trilogy Book 2) by JM Bray
- Night’s End (An Indigo Court Novel) by Yasmine Galenorn
- Dark Paradise by Angie Sandro
- Chains of Darkness (Men in Chains) by Caris Roane <— I like the sound of this one: “For countless days and nights, the vampire Lucian has been chained, starved, and tortured in a Himalayan cavern. Prisoner and pawn of his powerful Ancestral father, Lucian has all but given up any hope of escape. Until a beautiful stranger risks her life to save him…“
- Bloodshifted (An Edie Spence Novel) by Cassie Alexander
- Awakened: The Belladonna Agency Series by Virna Depaul
- Allegiance by Wanda Wiltshire
- Beautiful Oblivion: A Novel (The Maddox Brothers Series) by Jamie McGuire <— It’s LIVE!!!! Trent Maddox gets his own story… I read it and really liked it. Trenton ahhhhhh he had me grinning. I could SO see him perfectly, how he moved, talked, his expressions, his grins… that dimple. But you know… I have to come clean. Nobody beats Travis for me (not even Trenton, although I have a feeling I’ll always be in love with ALL Maddoxs), so you know. But I enjoyed it and will be reviewing it in the next day. I’m thinking I’m on a 4-star level with it and I will absolutely be reading each and every book in this series, and on the edge of my seat for the next one.
- Taming the Storm (The Storm Series) by Samantha Towle <— Okay so in this one, she’s in a band and “Tom steps in as tour manager, and Lyla finds herself on tour with the man whore of rock. Put one perpetually horny Tom and one sex resistant Lyla together, equals a recipe for disaster. Or so you’d think… But an unexpected friendship is formed. A closeness neither of them expected.” <—- oh I LOVE the sound of that!!
- Sharing You: A Novel by Molly McAdams <— Ruh roh. This one sounds like it’ll pull us right out of our comfort zone! “Twenty-six year old Brody Saco may be married, but he isn’t happy. When his girlfriend got pregnant six years ago, he did the right thing . . . and he’s been paying for it ever since. Now, his marriage is nothing but a trap filled with hate, manipulation, and blame—the remnants of a tragedy that happened five years earlier. While he’s never broken his vows, he can’t stop the flood of emotion that meeting Kamryn unlocks…“
- Two Week Seduction (Entangled Brazen) by Kathy Lyon <— “Alea forgets one hard, cold reality—this soldier won’t let a fortnight turn into forever…and forever might be exactly what they both need.”
- Playing in the Rain by Jane Harvey-Berrick <— “At her lowest point, a stranger gives her a message that brings her hope.“
- Who Wants to Marry a Doctor? (With This Ring) by Abigail Sharpe <— She’s on a dating show and none of the men are for her but… “Investigative journalist Quinn Donnelly is on the mend after an assignment in Afghanistan left him both physically and emotionally scarred. Though he’s itching to return overseas and finish his story, he’ll have to be content with this fluff piece assignment to cover a local dating show.“
- Vipers Run: A Skulls Creek Novel by Stephanie Tyler <— BIKER BOOK!!! “The Vipers Motorcycle Club has strict rules for their brotherhood and the women who enter it. Now one Viper is about to find out how much trouble one woman can be…” Hehe!
- Touched To The Heart by Elsa Winckler
- Fearing Regret (Flawlessly Broken series Book 2) by Barbara Speak <— Stacy says: “This is the 2nd book in the Flawlessly Broken Series. I had the pleasure of reading this and it was Amazing!”
- Tying the Knot: A Newport Ladies Book Club Novel by Josi S. Kilpack, Annette Lyon, Heather B. Moore, Julie Wright
- Take Me Home by Dorothy Garlock <— Okay I think this one’s a historical but the blurb sounds right up my heartache alley “Olivia Marsten never imagined she’d be a war bride. But when her childhood best friend surprises her with a marriage proposal, she reluctantly accepts. She can’t bear to send him off to serve in the Navy with a broken heart . . . even though her heart belongs to someone else.“
- Taken by Storm (Harlequin Blaze) by Heather MacAllister <— This one sounds like it’ll be funny. Two strangers forced to take a road trip together…
- Their Unexpected Love (Second Time Around) by Kathleen Y’Barbo
- Then Came You (An Animal Magnetism Novel) by Jill Shalvis <— “She soon learns that Wyatt isn’t just a laid-back doctor, but a delicious alpha male tempting her away from her carefully laid-out plans…“
- Someone for Me (Someone to Love Series) by Addison Moore <— “… when her protective older brother and Cruise’s jealous ex-girlfriend get involved, tempers and insecurities rise, threatening not just her dream wedding, but the possibility of having a wedding at all.“
- Straddling the Line (A Play-by-Play Novel) by Jaci Burton <— Because, the cover. And football. *giggle*
- She’s Going Home by Isabelle Flynn
- Signed, Sealed, Delivered (The Ladies Who Lunch) by Sandy James
- Singe (Lights and Sirens) by Ruby McNally <— FIREFIGHTER ALERT!!
- Seagrass Pier (The Hope Beach Series Book 3) by Colleeen Coble <— Ohhh sounds a bit scary, but of course there’s that sexy FBI agent… “Elin Summerall was one of the lucky ones. Not only did she get a heart transplant, but the donor was a perfect fit. A miraculously perfect fit. But when Elin begins having violent flashbacks—and vivid dreams of being strangled—she realizes that she has been the recipient of more than just a new heart . . . Elin is remembering her donor’s murder.“
- Riding High by Zara Stoneley
- Riding the Wave: A Pacific Blue Novel by Lorelie Brown <— Pro surfer!
- Risky Business by Amy Andrews <— “… her extreme sports star neighbor…“
- For the Longest Time: The Harvest Cove Series by Kendra Leigh Castle
- The Possibility of Us (Entangled Embrace) by Lisa Burstein <— “Except Ben is there. Still gorgeous, still angry, and still able to penetrate her defenses with one intense stare. All the reasons they left each other in a flurry of heartache start to fall away over one long, snowy weekend.”
- The Red Bikini by Lauren Christopher <— SPORTS STAR ALERT!! “For the last five years, Giselle McCabe’s life has been about sippy cups and playdates. But when her husband suddenly leaves her, Giselle flees to her sister’s California beach house for a two-week getaway. Out of her element, she’s surprised to receive such a warm welcome—especially from gorgeous celebrity athlete Fin Hensen…“
- On Sunset Beach: The Chesapeake Diaries by Mariah Stewart
- Find My Way Home (Harmony Homecomings) by Michele Summers
- Bending the Rules (Wicked Warrens) by Marie Harte
- Necessary Force by D.D. Ayres <— Ooooh HERO ALERT!!! “It was supposed to be a sexy calendar shoot to raise money for K-9 service dogs. Photographer Georgie Flynn never expected to break all her personal rules and jump into bed with one of the hunky men posing. And after their steamy night together, she certainly never expected to see him again…despite their powerful connection. When she’s targeted by a stalker and possible bomber, Georgie finds that her gorgeous one-night stand is the only one who can help.“
- Have Mercy: A Loveswept Contemporary Erotic Romance by Shelley Ann Clark <— ROCK STAR ALERT!!!
- Harder: A Novel (Caroline & West #2) by Robin York <— I can’t read the blurb ’cause it’s a continuation of Deeper.
- Fanning the Flames by Victoria Dahl
- The Best Man’s Secret (Heartsong Presents) by Gail Sattler
- Never Been Kissed (The Boys of Bishop) by Molly O’Keefe <— another HERO ALERT that has me swooning by the blurb alone! Sounds good! “…she takes a boat trip and is abducted by Somali pirates. Enter Brody Baxter, who was a bodyguard for the Montgomery family ten years ago and doesn’t think twice about coming to Ashley’s rescue.” And then!!! They temporarily “live” together (YAY!! I love when that happens!) —> “Holed up with Ashley in a tiny apartment over his brother’s bar in Bishop, Brody is tempted and torn in ways he never anticipated. Beautiful Ashley, vibrant despite her ordeal, fearless enough to love him beyond his wall of self-punishment, is now determined to save him.“
- Over Exposed (A Salon Games Novel) by Stephanie Julian
- Midnight Play (The Blue Dynasty) by Lisa Marie Perry
- Knock Out (The Billionaire’s Club: New Orleans) by Mallery Malone <— FIGHTER ALERT!!!
- Winter Hopes (Seasons of Love Book 2) by Jennifer Gracen
- Butterfly: A Daring Novel of Erotic Obsession by Paul Loewen
- One Lavender Ribbon by Heather Burch <— Available for the first time in Kindle format, and it has tons of awesome reviews!! Oh it sounds like it should be a movie… “Reeling from a bitter divorce, Adrienne Carter abandons Chicago and retreats to the sun, sand, and beauty of Southern Florida, throwing herself into the restoration of a dilapidated old Victorian beach house. Early into the renovations, she discovers a tin box hidden away in the attic that reveals the emotional letters from a WWII paratrooper to a young woman who lived in the house more than a half-century earlier. The old letters—incredibly poetic and romantic—transcend time, and they arouse in Adrienne a curiosity that leads her to track down the writer of the letters. William “Pops” Bryant is now an old man living in a nearby town with his handsome but overprotective grandson, Will. As Adrienne begins to unravel the secrets of the letters (and the Bryants), she finds herself not yet willing to give up entirely on love.“
- Breathless for Him (Davison & Allegra) by Sofia Tate
- One Plus One: A Novel by Jojo Moyes <— I LOVE this author and while it does have a TON of awesome reviews, I think it’s a new release by way of “Kindle” format. Or the fact that it’s now finally available to us in the U.S. Great blurb!!!
- Colorado Melodies: Three Modern Couples Seek Love That Will Endure Hardships (Romancing America) by Darlene Franklin
- Breaking The Drought by Lisa Ireland
- Breakwater Bay: A Novel by Shelley Noble
- Betrayed (Rockfort Security) by Rebecca York
- Full Exposure: Book One: Independence Falls by Sara Jane Stone <— BROTHER’S BEST FRIEND ALERT!! “She’s set her sights on her brother’s best friend—now her boss, since she took a temporary job as his nephew’s live-in nanny. Only problem? Eric refuses to touch her.” Oh I like the chase!!
- Boomerang (Part Two: Chapters 20 – 38): A Boomerang Novel by Noelle August
- Fake It (Rule Breakers) by Jennifer Chance <— Sounds like fun!! Sexy bad boy… “Enter Jake Flynn, her infuriating, motorcycle-riding, jaw-droppingly gorgeous neighbor, who’s more than willing to fake it for a weekend.“
- After I Do: A Novel by Taylor Jenkins Reid <— Okay this I gotta read!!!!! “When Lauren and Ryan’s marriage reaches the breaking point, they come up with an unconventional plan. They decide to take a year off in the hopes of finding a way to fall in love again. One year apart, and only one rule: they cannot contact each other. Aside from that, anything goes.” Sounds like it’ll be an emotional journey…
- Until the End (Sea Breeze) by Abbi Glines – expected release date October 14th 2014
- Saint Odd: An Odd Thomas Novel by Dean Koontz <— expected release date December 9th 2014 <— I LOVED the movie (which was book #1)