Latest Paranormal & Contemporary Romance Book Releases – June 24th 2014

by Maryse on June 24, 2014 · 35 comments

<—BREAKING NEWS UPDATE!!! OH EM GEE!!!!! LOOK WHAT JUST WENT LIVE <— Yesssss I’m screaming. SCREECHING, even. Unbeloved (Undeniable: Book Four 4) by Madeline Sheehan. THIS was the story I’ve been waitin’ for. I’m a Jase girl. I know. BAD. neutralGOOOOOOOOD!!!! ;) And now I get to know… I one-clicked it. YOU KNOW I DID!!!
P.S. Here is the Undeniable Series Reading Order.

Happy new release day my friends!!! And… did you know that Kristen Ashley’s “Sweet Dreams” is now out in paperback today so I’m getting’ my own copy! Tate is one of my forever #1′s forever and ever!!!

*sigh*… he’s one of ‘em that put me in a love fog… I LOVE love-fogs. I need one. ;)

Speaking of Kristen Ashley feel, I’m still reading Under Locke and it’s still “doing it” for me! :D Almost done, in fact, and he reminds me of when I first found this version of an alpha-male in books. It’s just got that feel, you know?

Kate: 50% in and really loving it! He’s so grumpy and then sweet and then grumpy and then sweet….

Right there with you, Kate!! :D And her? I swear she’s me. Kinda goofy, some potentially disastrous decisions (not that I’ve done that per se, but I could totally see me doin’ it), and when she gets mad… she tells him off (big time) but then calls him a big… meanie! LOL!! Good times.

So what looks like more potential more “good times” for me, below? Easy! I really like the looks of: Rusty Nailed (’cause I loved book #1 like crazy), Come to Me Softly (’cause the hero in book #1, was so sad and intense and I loved that one, too), Translucent (sounds CRAZY and scary. Like a dark romance? I’m curious!!), and Break Through <— that “dun dun dun” twist right in the synopsis made me go EEEEP!!!, Christmas in July (’cause her MIA military man suddenly shows up… but has no memory of them), Come (short, but also sounds like a dark romance, and gave me a blurb jolt), Still Missing (Dark kidnap thriller – and I one-clicked it immediately!)… I could go on. ;)

But I’ll let you scroll through ‘em, and maybe you’ll find one that you loved and think we should read.

P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).

P.P.S. Don’t have a Kindle? No problem! Amazon offers various free Kindle apps and a free Kindle Cloud reader for any and ALL of us to use. You can either use the free Kindle App for your smartphone, tablet, AND your desktop computer (just like you’re using a Kindle, but right through your web browser <— No need to download anything! :D )

BARGAINS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).

• Comfort Food by Kitty Thomas <— my first ever “dark read” and the one that had me HOOKED!! I thought about “Master” for days, and wow. I was a mental-mess after being so addicted to that one. And then… I still think about it. BIG IMPACT on me. (my review) Thanks Lori!! P.S. I forgot to mention… !!! :P
  • Perfect Fit (The B&S Series Box Set (Books 1, 2, & 3)) by Kimberly Knight <— bundled! Thanks Stephanie. I love the whole “meet in Vegas” premise…. one-clicking for sure!
  • Conklin’s Blueprints (#1) by Brooke Page <— Stephanie found out this… “Little does Becca know the owner of the architecture firm she lands a job with has an intriguingly mysterious son. Tyler Conklin is infatuated with Becca, yet is apprehensive about a public relationship because of his hidden baggage. Not wanting anyone to know about his slight obsession with her, their potential relationship must be kept a secret.”
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City #1) by Penny Reid <— this HUGE comedy romance hit is on sale right now!! Another that’s on my main TBR list. <— Kat says: “LOOOOOOOOOVE THESE BOOKS!!!”
  • Still Missing by Chevy Stevens <—- OH MY!!! Stephanie found us this DARK read saying: “For those of you readers who love abduction romance thrillers… On SALE” —> “On the day she was abducted, Annie O’Sullivan, a thirty-two year old realtor, had three goals—sell a house, forget about a recent argument with her mother, and be on time for dinner with her ever- patient boyfriend. The open house is slow, but when her last visitor pulls up in a van as she’s about to leave, Annie thinks it just might be her lucky day after all.” Eeeeeep!!! That’s ominous. I totally one-clicked this one!
  • Nameless by Claire Kent <— Stephanie found us this deal today! “After a failed marriage to a domineering man, Erin refuses to be controlled by anything or anyone. That includes Seth, the father of her baby—a man who was supposed to be only a one-night-stand, a man who’s used to always getting his way.
  • Zenith Falling (Zenith Trilogy, #1) by Leanne Davis <— ROCK STAR BOOK (although he’s spiraling out of control)…  (thanks Aimee)! “Joelle married Rob Williams, lead singer of the rock band Zenith, before she was old enough to know better. She has spent years following Zenith around, while they struggle to become rock stars. Only now, alcoholism has replaced the talent that once was going to make Rob a legend… leaving Joelle’s life spiraling out of control. The problem is there isn’t a soul in the world that cares, including her husband.” (and then a man from her past comes back into her life… love triangle?)
  • The Dom Who Loved Me (Masters and Mercenaries Book 1) by Lexi Blake <— And Aimee found out this one’s on sale too! “By day, she is the widowed mother of two college-aged sons. By night, she submits to Sean’s every dark desire. She’s living out her wildest fantasies of pleasure—intimate acts of trust she’s only read about.”

Jamie June 24, 2014 at 1:14 PM

I just wanted to thank you for still adding Paranormal releases to your list. With the New Adult craze alot of my favorite Bloggers stopped reading alot of Paranormal. So thank you for help out us crazy readers that can’t get enough of things that go bump in the :)

Maryse June 24, 2014 at 1:42 PM

My pleasure Jamie. Paranormal romance was my first love!!! Still love ‘em. :D

Lisa De Jong June 24, 2014 at 1:55 PM

Hi Maryse! I released the Rains Series standalone Changing Forever and was wondering if you’d mind sharing. Thank you!

Elizabeth June 24, 2014 at 2:01 PM

I must agree with Jamie! Thank you!

Oh and have to mention The Laws of Kings is a MUST read!

Maryse June 24, 2014 at 2:01 PM

You bet, Lisa! Lemme add it. :D

Jen June 24, 2014 at 2:01 PM

I loved Nameless by Claire Kent! It is a fantastic read! THe whole series is one of my favorites.

Maryse June 24, 2014 at 2:04 PM

I DO love that author, too Jen. I have only read her “escort” book, but it was fantastic! :D

Karen June 24, 2014 at 2:09 PM

OMG!!! Another Rose Gardner Mystery? I *heart* those… a lot!!! Yay :D

Maryse June 24, 2014 at 2:10 PM

YES!! I have to read these!! I hear only great things about this author (including another recent release not associated with that series).

Amy June 24, 2014 at 2:30 PM

I’m probably going to go with Break Through and then Translucent or Scoring Wilder. My Book Dom is allowing my undisciplined a** two newish books this week, and the rest have to be older purchases. See? *Sometimes* I listen. ;)

“Come” *snicker-snort* :P

Kristina June 24, 2014 at 3:59 PM

I just started Lily Love….I’m not too far in, but it’s really good!

Jean June 24, 2014 at 5:08 PM

Haha Amy! I like your idea of reading new and old (or your Book Dom’s idea i should say)! I started Translucent at lunch! Oh and just realized I already have Come……. it was part of the Bend anthology!!!! Yay!

Amy June 24, 2014 at 5:13 PM

There was supposed to be a link to The Saint by the amazing Tiffany Reisz. :)

Lauren June 24, 2014 at 5:17 PM

The Heart of Stone trilogy by K.M. Scott is bundled @ $.99. So good!

Amy June 24, 2014 at 5:31 PM

Jean, you already have Come? *snicker* Wouldn’t want you to be, er, left wanting, now would we? :P

Amy June 24, 2014 at 5:33 PM

Okay, sorry!! That was bad, I know, but I couldn’t resist it. ;) Can’t wait to see what you think of Translucent!

Maryse June 24, 2014 at 5:47 PM

*snort* :P

You guys,… *shakes head* LOVE!!!

Melissa June 24, 2014 at 7:56 PM

Your lists are killing my bank account!! I want all of them!!!

Teresa H. June 24, 2014 at 8:29 PM

Yessssss……Unbeloved…..I just one-clicked that S.O.B….can’t wait to start on this book after work tomorrow….maybe tonight because I feel a cold coming on. *cough* *cough*

Amy June 24, 2014 at 8:57 PM

Jean June 24, 2014 at 10:35 PM

Screaming with you over Unbeloved!!!!!!

Jai June 25, 2014 at 12:12 AM

I blame you, Maryse!
It’s 1am and I just finished Neanderthal Seeks Human after buying it this afternoon. I could not put it down!!
You are so lucky that this author has more books out. :-D

Maryse June 25, 2014 at 12:22 AM

That is something I like to hear, Jai!! :D

Cheryl June 25, 2014 at 10:28 AM

Finally finished Written in My Own Heart’s Blood- so GOOD, but now the wait begins for book #9! :(
I moved on and read Three Nights With A Rock Star- the book bash bonus had me intrigued. Boy, was it different. It was a confusing, erotic book that threw me for some loops.
Now what to read… Therapy- scares me, Without You- “Book Bash teaser” makes me want to one-click, BUT have been waiting for sequels to older books-Come to Me Quietly (it’s just 2 books right?), Reciprocity, Rusty Nailed, Surviving Raine, but then, Scoring Wilder that Amy mentioned…. and Butterfly Weeds on my TBR…. ugh book ADD

**help– Amy can you send the book Dom over, I could definitely use some discipline :)

Amy June 25, 2014 at 2:19 PM

Cheryl, don’t be scared of Therapy – just be prepared to get worked over. ;) Butterfly Fields is more of a sweet read with just a bit a drama/low angst thrown in.

We’re going to have to get you a Book Dom of your own…mine is having a heck of a time with me right now! :P

LaurenB June 25, 2014 at 2:27 PM

Omg unbeloved is out early?!! Yay yay yay! I cannot wait to get home and read this one! I don’t mind stopping in the middle of Cooper either. (Jumping up and down!)

Cheryl June 25, 2014 at 2:43 PM

LOL Amy!! My book Dom cracked the whip and I’m about 50% into reading Butterfly Weeds, then I’m allowed to get something new! ;) So far, sweet angst, but Maryse’s review of the book has me wondering how it will end. Preparing myself for the ugly cry. Maybe Therapy next….or I might have to read something funny, like Rusty Nailed. ;)

Paula White June 25, 2014 at 3:36 PM

The last book (book 7) in the Signal Bend series by Sandra Fanetti has just been released – Leave a trail. I got the series after seeing your post and have read 1 – 6 non stop – very good (although book 6 was emotional)

Cheryl June 25, 2014 at 4:49 PM

Finished Butterfly Weeds, oh yeh, I cried. Amy/Maryse- did you read the follow-up book My Butterfly? Debating how much crying I can handle…

Amy June 26, 2014 at 1:13 AM

Finished Break Through, and it is a sweet and pretty fast read with very little drama and no angst. It’s not what I was expecting (or hoping for?) based on the blurb, but it would be perfect after a very heavy/dark read.

Cheryl, I haven’t read My Butterfly yet, but from what I understand it is BF through his POV. Not sure if there is extra at the end, but let me know if you read it. :)

Cheryl June 26, 2014 at 1:24 AM

I did read My Butterfly. I’m glad I did, even though it is basically the same story as Butterfly Weeds, more information is given, and it has some different scenes altogether, and yes I did cry. Damn I need a cold beverage now. Now what to read next…

Jean June 26, 2014 at 10:49 AM

Wow Amy, surprised about Break Through….. was not expecting sweet!

Anyway, you guys have to read Translucent! Totally brought me out of my book funk and now I am in a book fog! LOVED IT!!!!!!!!! Maryse, kinda had that Sempre feel and the romance……”slow and steady”…. yep, just how we like them! I am seriously in love with Madden!!!! Read this book you guys! I will warn you there is a cliffhanger but don’t let that stop you from reading it! Just great….. Can’t stop thinking about it today!

Amy June 27, 2014 at 12:33 AM

Noooooo, Jean! I hate cliffhangers! Hear that grumbling? That would be me. I *may* hold off on Translucent until the second one is out. But then again I may get in another fickle mood and change my mind about that, especially with seeing your reaction to it! :D

Jean June 27, 2014 at 11:32 AM

Please read it now! I don’t like to suffer alone!

Cheryl June 27, 2014 at 10:54 PM

Just finished Rusty Nailed. Not as funny as Wallbanger, but still good read. Clive the cat is hilarious!