BREAKING NEWS UPDATE!!! TWO BOOKS that I missed yesterday, on this list so I’m adding ‘em now.
- A Shiver of Light (A Merry Gentry Novel) by Laurell K. Hamilton <— it’s been a long time waiting on that one, so I know a bunch of Merry Gentry fans *squeed* upon it’s release. (Here’s the series reading order)
- And one of my absolute favorite books in the world —> Surviving Raine is on sale right now!!!! I fell HARD for Bastian (and loved hating his alpha-jerkiness, especially in the beginning). He’s a wreck, and I LOVED every bit of this story. *sigh* one of my forever favorites!! (here’s my review)
Happy NEW RELEASE day!! Six or seven (or eight… or nine ) new releases from some of our fav authors (and fav series) have just gone live.
Bad boys a la Abbi Glines, DARK reads (a highly anticipated one from Pepper Winters, plus one that’s TOTALLY NEW to me!! Only Pretend <— that one is calling me big time!), bikers a la “Joanna Wylde”, MMA fighters (a la Skyla Madi), TWO rock star books (and allllllll of their delicious drama!!).
Plus of course, many others that are tempting me! Like this one (Sound Advice) that, by the blurb, gives me that Kristen Ashley feel, and Arrest (’cause she just married a police officer and it sounds like it’s gonna be angsty), and He + She (two complete strangers that are running away from life & decide to go on an impromptu road-trip together <— sounds like one I loved like crazy in the past, so I’m curious to try out another ) and for fun? What a Woman Needs sure sounds like a kick (he’s a famous actor that loses a bet and has to be a “maid” to someone). *giggle* Oh! Plus the girl that slept with her sister’s fiancé… and got pregnant (Hate to Love You). GAH!! . Yep… plus more that I noted below (a few marriages, below, on the brink of disaster, a female escort that escapes a dangerous situation, a male stripper (Slade) with a serious sex addiction (okay skimming the reviews I just had to one-click it), alpha-males, best friends, brother’s best friends… and famous football stars. Lots to choose from!
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
P.P.S. Don’t have a Kindle? No problem! Amazon offers various free Kindle apps and a free Kindle Cloud reader for any and ALL of us to use. You can either use the free Kindle App for your smartphone, tablet, AND your desktop computer (just like you’re using a Kindle, but right through your web browser <— No need to download anything! )
BARGAINS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).
- Hard As It Gets: A Hard Ink Novel by Laura Kaye
- Surviving Raine by Shay Savage I five-starred this one!
- Love, in English by Karina Halle <— one of my recent 5-star favorites! (here’s my review).
- Left Drowning by Jessica Park <— another one of my 5-star favorites is on sale today! (here’s my review)
- Unscrupulous (The Manhattanites) by Avery Aster <— lots of great reviews!
- Autumn Getaway (Seasons of Love) by Jennifer Gracen <— Here’s a fairly recent release. Newly divorced single mom, meets him at a friend’s wedding… “…when the magical weekend comes to a close, Sam must return to Chicago, while Lydia heads back to her complicated life and young son in New York. Can their newfound connection survive the trials of physical distance and years of emotional baggage?“
- The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons <— One of my FAVS of the whole wide world. This is a MUST-READ my friends!!! A complete trilogy, (this one’s book #1) and simply AMAZING. Love story, angst, tragedy, I was on the edge of my seta the entire way (while swooooooning like mad). Here’s my 5-star review.
- The Mistress: The Original Sinners Book 4 by Tiffany Reisz <— Stephanie just found out this one’s on sale today
- The Final Piece by Maggi Myers <— another beautifully written angsty piece that I read a year or two ago and enjoyed. On sale (thanks Stephanie)! (my review)
- The Captive Series Bundle (Books 1-4) by Erica Stevens <— ALL four books bundled!!!! I read #1 and it was really good! I need to continue this one… and Stephanie says: “I really enjoyed this suspenseful, paranormal vampire romance series! Although it’s YA, it’s still enjoyable for all ages!”
- Live In Position by Sadie Grubor <— Tracey gave this recent release a try and loved it! “Up till gone three this morning reading Live In Position by Sadie Grubor, so far on the matchstick scale its a 4.5. Got to 89% however I nodded off ( hence why its not yet 5 on my matchstick scale) and woke to find Kindle battery flat so cant finish it till later…..” and then… “Finished it and loved it…..wait till you meet the antichrists family ”
- Shield of Winter (A Psy/Changeling Novel) by Nalini Singh <— a HUGELY popular paranormal series! (here is the THE PSY-CHANGELING SERIES Reading Order)
- A Shiver of Light (A Merry Gentry Novel) by Laurell K. Hamilton <— a HUGELY popular paranormal series! (here is the series reading order)
- Bad Blood (Aurora Sky: Vampire Hunter, Vol. 3) by Nikki Jefford
- Mostly Magic (Books of the Kindling) by Donna June Cooper
- The Neighbor (Short Story) (Kindle Single) by Dean Koontz (short prequel)
- Hunter by Night (Chronicles of Yavn) by Elisabeth Staab
- Jaguar Hunt (Heart of the Jaguar) by Terry Spear
- The Kraken King Part VIII: The Kraken King and the Greatest Adventure (A Novel of the Iron Seas) by Meljean Brook
- Death’s Redemption (The Eternal Lovers Series) by Marie Hall
- Fire Rising (Dark Kings) by Donna Grant
- Fire Rising: Part 4 (Dark Kings) by Donna Grant
- Hold On Tight (Sea Breeze) by Abbi Glines <— HE has been a part of the entire series, but the author assures us that this one can be read as a standalone! (But in case you’d like to start from the start, here is the series reading order).
- Devil’s Game (Reapers Motorcycle Club) by Joanna Wylde <— BIKER BOOK ALERT!!! I LOVE this series and I’m hearing awesome stuff about this latest release! (Here’s the series reading order).
- There’s Wild, Then There’s You (A Wild Ones Novel) by M. Leighton <— ROCK STAR ALERT!!! from the popular “Wild Ones Series” (she’s just there in the back of the room and he sees her)…
- Three Nights with a Rock Star by Amber Lin & Shari Slade <— ROCK STAR ALERT!! “When Hailey crashes a Half-Life after party, she expects to find the bastard who knocked up her little sister. Instead she meets the sexy front-man who agrees to give her access to his crew if she gives him access to her body.“
- Fall From India Place by Samantha Young <— from the super-popular “On Dublin Street” series. (Check out my review of book #1 that I loved like crazy, On Dublin Street.
- Mended: The Connections Series by Kim Karr (here is the Connections Series Reading Order)
- MacKenzie Fire: The Sequel to Shine Not Burn by Elle Casey <—Oh I remember how much SO MANY from here loved book #1!
- Forever Consumed (Consumed Series) by Skyla Madi <—- MMA FIGHTER ALERT!! Book #3 was just released (I read #1 and really enjoyed it)!!! Here’s the reading order: Consumed Series Reading Order (and here’s my review of #1 - Consumed)
- INDULGE ANTHOLOGY by Liv Morris, Missy Johnson, S.E. Hall, Dawn Robertson, Jo-Anna Walker, Abigail Lee, Shantal Tessier, Felicia Lynn, S Moose, Casey Peeler
- Twisted Together (Monsters in the Dark Book 3) by Pepper Winters <— DARK READ/SERIES ALERT! (here’s the series reading order). I haven’t read these yet but I hear SUPER DARK.
- Until Nico (Until Series) by Aurora Rose Reynolds
- The Friendship Pact by Tara Taylor Quinn
- Cold Pursuit (Cold Justice) by Toni Anderson
- Hate to Love You by Elise Alden <— “The truth? I slept with my sister’s fiancé. Hot and sweaty, all night long in a room so dark he couldn’t tell I wasn’t her. The lie? Said fiancé is the father of my child. The one I signed over my rights to just before he was born.”
- Cooking Up Love by Amylynn Bright
- Chasing Forever (The Forever Series Book 1) by Lisa Cardiff
- Back to Buckhorn by Lori Foster
- I Want to Hold Your Hand: Green Mountain Book Two (A Green Mountain Romance) by Marie Force <— “Almost seven years after losing her husband in Iraq, Hannah Abbott Guthrie isn’t sure she’s ready—or able—to move on, but the attentions of a lifelong friend are making her think about it for the first time.”
- All In (Cedar Mountain University) by Ann Garner <— Famous football star!
- The Troublemaker Next Door (The McCauley Brothers) by Marie Harte
- The Unexpected Waltz by Kim Wright
- Sound Advice (Sensations Collection Book 1) by L.B. Dunbar <—Oh wow this, by the blurb, seems to have a bit of that “KA” feel. Visiting her grandma’s small town… and bumping in to the repairman. “Calling Jess Carter’s clenched jaw and denim-colored eyes part of his standoffish manner was an understatement. His brooding exterior bordered on being downright rude. From the moment I bumped into him, quite literally, our lives began to intertwine in a way that made me question what I wanted.“
- Used by Bijou Hunter <— BIKER BOOK!
- Night Fury: First Act by Belle Aurora <— from the blurb she’s either a villain or a vigilante?
- Exposure by Morgan Locklear, Jennifer Locklear <— A-LIST actors and a publicist that has to deal with all the crazy stuff.
- His to Claim #1: No Strings by Opal Carew
- His to Claim #2: Savage Kiss by Opal Carew
- Only Pretend by Nora Flite <— DARK READ ALERT!!! *eeeep* Total blurb-jolt! “It was reckless to follow a stranger to his bed. Dangerous to take the drink he handed me. I thought the worst regret I’d have would be a hangover, a walk of shame through the hotel. Except I didn’t wake up in the hotel. Or in Vegas. I doubt my face will end up in the news. “Woman missing,” the headline would say. “A stupid person who thought she could be someone else.” I’m not someone else. I was only playing pretend. Too bad he was playing for keeps.“
- He + She by Michelle Warren <— Two strangers go on a road-trip together. “From the beginning they agree not to exchange anything truthful about their lives, not even their real names.“
- The Virgin’s Guide to Misbehaving (A Bluebonnet Novel) by Jessica Clare <— “The newest instructor at Wilderness Survival Expeditions has a colorful past, to say the least. Having come from a family of notorious con artists that destroyed his credit and reputation, all before his eighteenth birthday, Rome just wants a decent job and a quiet life in a town where no one knows his name. He’s exactly the kind of bad boy that an innocent girl like Elise should stay far away from.“
- What a Woman Needs (A Manley Maids Novel) by Judi Fennell <— “What happens when three irresistibly sexy brothers lose a poker bet to their enterprising sister? They get hired out for her housecleaning venture. Now, the Manley Maids are at your service. Satisfaction guaranteed. It’s what a woman needs…” (one of ‘em is a famous actor! That should be fun!)
- White Collared Part One: Mercy by Shelly Bell
- Steal the Night (Thieves) by Lexi Blake
- Slade (Walk Of Shame #1) by Victoria Ashley <— Who’s in the mood for a foul-mouthed sex-addict male stripper? Just by the blurb I’m allllll *whoa*. “When I’m not f&%king, I’m slinging drinks at Walk Of Shame or stripping my way into your bed; another thing I’m good at. Every woman’s darkest fantasy brought to life.” But!! Then he meets that girl that changes the whole game (and she’s not interested). WOW! The reviews for this one make me wanna one-click it SO BAD!! Okay… done. LOL!
- Substitute by Isobel Ray
- One Lesson: A Penguin Special From Signet Eclipse by Lorelie Brown
- Make It Count: A Bowler University Novel by Megan Erickson <— she’s having “…inappropriate thoughts about her boyfriend’s gorgeous best friend, Alec…who just so happens to be her brand new college math tutor. Who knew nerd was so hot?”
- Out of Bounds by Dawn Ryder
- Red, White, & Blue: The Complete Firefighter Collection by Jill Shalvis
- Scared Scriptless: A Novel by Alison Sweeney
- Separate Lives by Kathryn Flett <— Ok this one sounds tumultuous and such, but the blurb says it’s funny, so I’m curious how this one’s gonna play out. “Your partner of ten years, and the father of your children, receives a text. You happen to see it: Start living a different kind of life . . . P xxx. You don’t know anyone with the initial P, so what’s with the smiley face and the kisses? Narrated by Susie, her partner Alex and the mysterious “P”, Separate Lives is an achingly funny, moving and honest portrayal of marriage and adultery. These characters are never less than totally human. You’ll have met people like them. They might even be you.“
- Never Let Me Go by Jennifer Haymore
- On Her Watch (Don’t Tell) by Rie Warren <— futuristic romance!
- Keep Me Closer (A Dangerous Tides Novel) by Rhyannon Byrd
- The Lemon Grove by Helen Walsh <—- *eeeep!* this one sounds full of very bad (tumultuous) things! Married woman lusts for her husband’s daughter’s new boyfriend… “What follows, over the course of seven days, is a brilliantly paced fever dream of attraction between Jenn and the reckless yet mesmerizing Nathan. It is an intense pas de deux of push and pull, risk and consequence . . . and moral rectitude, as it gets harder and harder for Jenn to stifle her compulsion.“
- French Blue (Study in Seduction) by Natasha Bond
- Gimme Some Sugar (A Pine Mountain Novel) by Kimberly Kincaid
- The Bridge Tender (A Sunset Beach Novel) by Marybeth Whalen
- Friends and Lovers: A Friends with Benefits Novella by Vristen Pierce <— “She realizes she’s falling in love with them, and they’re both completely crazy about her. The only problem: Evan and Justin no longer want to share. Now Stacy has to make the hardest decision of her life-choose between the two . . . or accept the possibility of losing them both.”
- Heat: Club Inferno; A Loveswept Contemporary Erotic Romance by Jamie K. Schmidt <— D/s
- Heated: A Most Wanted Novel by J. Kenner <— “One look and I was in trouble. One touch and I was hooked. One night and I became his.”
- Honey by Jenna Jameson and Hope Tarr <– She’s an escort and after being attacked, meets an ER doctor… “He knows he can’t save everyone but he can save someone—this someone. Breaking every rule in the medical handbook, and likely a law or two, he trails her back to her Park Avenue apartment—and gets much more than he bargained for.“
- Nauti Enchantress (Nauti Girls) by Lora Leigh <— “Lyrica Mackay has wanted tall, handsome Marine Graham Brock for as long as she can remember. Unfortunately, Graham only sees her as his friend Dawg Mackay’s “baby sister.” Or so she believes.“
- Here’s Looking At You by Mhairi McFarlane <— “So when James Fraser – the architect of Anna’s final humiliation at school – walks back into her life, her world is turned upside down. But James seems a changed man. Polite. Mature. Funny, even. People can change, right? So why does Anna feel like she’s a fool to trust him?“
- Deeper Than Need: A Secrets & Shadows Novel by Shiloh Walker
- Branded: The Cavanaugh Brothers by Laura Wright
- Arrest (A Disarm Novel #2) by June Gray <— POLICE OFFICER! “For Elsie and Henry, getting married and buying a house is only the beginning of their passionate new adventure. Elsie is flourishing in her job while Henry embarks on a new career as a police officer. Everything, it seems, has finally fallen into place. Just when it’s all smooth sailing, they face life-altering changes that make Elsie question her ability to adapt. With Henry’s job putting him in constant danger, she watches helplessly while he slips back into his old habits. Elsie must find a way—through any means necessary—to prevent the past from repeating.” OHHHH okay wait! We need to read this one, first —> Disarm: The Complete Novel (came out in Feb, and this one too, sounds totally up my alley!)
- Fall to You (Here and Now Book 2) by Lexi Ryan <— Oh yes, I think I remember the blurb for #1 (accident, two men… etc…) but I can’t read the blurb for this one just in case I spoil it for myself.
- Mr. Mercedes: A Novel by Stephen King <— Okay not romance, no… but… but!! Stephen King. That’s why.
PREORDERS (a few random ones I found as I was searching…):
- Better When He’s Bad (Welcome to the Point) by Jay Crownover – expected release date June 17th 2014 “… the only person who can help her is the scariest, sexiest, most complicated ex-con The Point has ever produced.“
- Tamed (The Tangled Series) by Emma Chase <— expected release date July 15th 2014
- Lustly by Jennifer Foor <— expected release date June 16th 2014
- Burned by Tara Sivec <— releasing in 7 days!