HAPPY NEW RELEASE DAY!!! OMG THIS LIST!!! And with the feedback we’re already getting, I AM THRILLED. So many of today’s new releases are awesome-sounding, and I want to read them all at the same time. BUT!! I’m super-excited for that one up there to the left. There’s no way I’ll squirrel from this buddy-read. Nope. Why? ‘Cause it sounds like my ultimate angsty read, and Jean and Grace have just started and are already losing their minds over it. YAY US!!!! Also don’t forget to check out yesterday’s early birds ’cause they were DARN good-looking, too!
Haha!!! Grace has me SO excited you guys, for this one. This is tonight’s (today’s) buddy-read, and Grace has been in a book-funk, and she’s been wanted a good jolt out of it. So she jumped into THIS one early and she is flipping out!!
Grace: Normally if Amy and Maryse (Master) are all excited about a book with “break” and “heart” right there in the title, I would steer WELL clear of that pain mongering hurt fest… So against my normally much better judgement, I’m going to do the BR and see if a book that “hurts” in a way that makes the cut and bleeding heart lovers get all “happy” will break through to me. LOL! I will probably love it. Book hangovers are stupid!!!
Maryse: YAY GRACE!!!!
Grace: Grrrrrrr!!! Seriously! 8% in and I’m doing everything I can not to throw my iPad against the wall! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate everyone and everything right now. On the other hand, I am fully out of my book funk.
Jean: Grace, you are reading Unbreak My Heart?? I’m only up to 11%, but was cursing Amy and Maryse this morning while I was a sobbing mess at only 5% of the book! (Really loving it so far though so what does that say? ) Thankfully, I hadn’t taken a shower or applied my makeup yet! Now, stupid work is getting in the way and I just want to get back to it!
Maryse: YAY!!!!!!!!! Your reactions are making me so excited. You guys are killing me. I LOVE IT!
Grace: Yes, it’s Unbreak My Heart! Yes, I am loving it. God! I need my head examined! Jean – Enjoy the peace of working for the rest of the day and get a box of tissues on the way home. Oh and something squishy that you can angry squeeze without killing it. Also maybe warn whoever might live with you. My hubby is treading lightly, but still kind of laughing at me. Maryse and Amy are temporarily dead to me.
And! That’s not the only awesomeness on this list that’s making me excited.
Here’s my mini-blurb-jolt list : One True Loves: A Novel (Okay I already read this one but I need to highlight it ’cause the premise is OMG! She’s engaged after years of grieving her dead husband… but then he comes back. He’s been rescued!), Idol (I’m finishing this one today… he’s a famous rock star that she finds passed-out drunk on her lawn and she helps take care of him that night, but she has no idea who he is…), Unbreak My Heart (our next buddy read!! She’s in love with her best friend’s husband!!), White-Hot Hack: Kate and Ian #2 (so many LOVED book #1, and this author is awesome, but I haven’t read the blurb yet, ’cause I want to catch up with the first one), 738 Days (she’s suffering PTSD from having been kidnapped, and he’s a washed-up star who’s poster was up in her captivity room…), AND Third Base (baseball star that notices a girl in the stands and falls for her). PLUS! I hightlighted a bunch more that sound awesome (like a new sexy-sounding one from K.A. Linde and another by T.M Frazier (dark read?) that sounds awesome!!!)
P.S. ➔ Follow me (and Pimmie – my sweet puppy) on Instagram? That would be SO cool!!!
P.P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere). P.P.S. Don’t have a Kindle? No problem! Amazon offers various free Kindle apps and a free Kindle Cloud reader for any and ALL of us to use. You can either use the free Kindle App for your smartphone, tablet, AND your desktop computer (just like you’re using a Kindle, but right through your web browser <— No need to download anything!)
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
BARGAINS & READER RECOMMENDATIONS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).
- Kick, Push (The Road Book 2) by Jay McLean <— Jean found us this super-bargain ’cause the sequel was just released (below in the contemporary section). Also here it is on Amazon UK:
Jean: Kick Push is exactly what you need right now! It kinda had that SoT feel, or maybe Reason to Breathe by Rebecca Donovan. Is so good!”
Kellie: This book is amazing. If you are looking for a unique love story that will basically have you feeling every emotion you have at it’s highest level…this is your book. Single teen dad. But not a teen romance. I can’t even put into words how special this book is. Kick Push. Josh Warden. It is my top read of the year for sure! Hands down!
- The Consequence of Seduction (Consequences) by Rachel Van Dyken <— RACHEL VAN DYKEN ALERT! This one is super-bargain priced!
- Beneath the Surface by Heidi Perks <— PSYCH-THRILLER ALERT! Super-bargain priced! As a teen, she comes home one day to find her entire family missing… years later: “Abi and Adam are a happy couple on the verge of parenthood. But when the past comes back to haunt Abi, the only way forward is to go back and uncover the truth – and reveal the dreadful secrets a mother has been hiding all these years.”
- Worth The Wait: A Nature Of Desire Series Novel by Joey W. Hill <— Kimberly 5-star LOVED it! (and here it is on Amazon UK)
“I just finished Worth the Wait by Joey Hill. Hot, sad, DOM filled. I think this is a series but I read it as a stand alone, no problem. You have to pick this one up. He is a Rigger and she is a director of the local theater. She moved from New York to North Carolina to escape her past.
They meet over sandwiches and carrot sticks when she is interviewing and deciding on the talent.You’ll find out why the carrot sticks and go on a great ride. Julie is using her show to introduce the average person to BDSM through a cirque du soleil type production in order to change peoples perception of what it is.
She is 40 and has never had true love and does not trust relationships and Des has some issues of his own. I hope you you pick it up. I give it 4.5 or maybe even 5…..”
- Slammed: A Novel by Colleen Hoover <— FORBIDDEN LOVE/COLLEEN HOOVER/THIS BOOK IS ONE OF THE LOVES OF MY LIFE ALERT!!! Please. Seriously. If you’ve not read this yet, PLEASE!!!!!!! DO IT. I’ve read so many comments where readers say they LOVE Colleen’s books but have yet to read her VERY FIRST ONE… and to me? They are ALL awesome, but this one takes my cake! LOL!!!!! READ IT! P.S. It’s super-bargain priced right now. So… you know. P.P.S. Here is my 5-star review. P.P.P.S. Here it is on Amazon UK, too! And Gretchen agrees! “This is one of the best books I’ve ever read… I wish I didn’t own it so I could buy it again“
- Afterburn & Aftershock by Sylvia Day <— SYLVIA DAY SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!!!
- Three, Two, One (321): (A Dark Suspense) by J.A. Huss <— DARK ROMANCE READ? SUPER-BARGAIN!! She’s finally free after over a year in captivity, but then THEY find her… “Self-made millionaires JD and Ark are not out to save anyone when they stumble upon a wet and shivering girl one early Sunday morning. But when you sell sex for a living and salvation rings your bell… you answer the call.” *gasp*!!! (also on Amazon UK)
Joy: I just finished 321…. I LOVED IT!!! I didn’t want to put it down, so if you’re wavering on whether to one-click it… JUST DO IT!!! It’s not going to appeal to everyone, so be warned
Fabi: I read 321 at the beginning of the month and it was a 4.5 star read for me. I may be a little stingy with my stars, idk. But it was good.
- Dream Magic (The MAGIC series Book 2) by Michelle Mankin (also on Amazon UK)
- To Love a Wolf (SWAT) by Paige Tyler (also on Amazon UK)
- Rootbound by Shannon Mayer – (also on Amazon UK)
- Savage Sanctuary: A Dire Wolves Mission (The Devil’s Dires Book 2) by Ellis Leigh
- Bear Naked Truth (Southern Shifters Book 7) by Eliza Gayle
- The Wolf (The Tribe 2) by Sarah Cass
- Beast Untamed (Beasts of Bodmin Moor) by Faye Avalon
- Dating an Alien Pop Star (The Alien Pop Star Series Book 1) by Kendra L. Saunders
- Chasing Power (The Realm’s Salvation Book 3) by Constance Phillips
- Amber Fire by Lisa Renee Jones <— THIS is a 10 year old re-release (also on Amazon UK)
- Omega Rising (Wolf King Book 1) by Anna Kyle
- Soul Collector Prophecy (Dysfunction at its Finest Book 2) by J.M. Dabney
- Demons In The Night by C.J. Hartnett
- Evening Shades (Soul Ties Book 2) by Heather Sutherlin
- Dark Lily (Shadows) by Jenna Ryan
- Assassin Queen by Anna Kashina
- End of Watch: A Novel (The Bill Hodges Trilogy) by Stephen King <— STEPHEN KING ALERT!! (also on Amazon UK)
- Mordacious (The City Series Book 1) by Sarah Lyons Fleming <— UPDATE!!!! LOOK WHAT JORI FOUND US – From the universe of the Until the End of the World series (I can hear Amy *squeeeeeing* now!!)
Jori: I’m at work so I didn’t get the chance to look through your posts, but Sarah Lyons Flemming just posted that the first book in her new series is live. (Until The End Of The World Series-Author). I know I come here to find all my new books, so…..
- One True Loves: A Novel by Taylor Jenkins Reid <— SHE’S ENGAGED AFTER YEARS OF GRIEVING HER DEAD HUSBAND (the love of her life!!)… AND HE COMES BACK ALERT!!! Oh yessss this is exactly as it sounds!!! She thought he died in a plane crash, but he was stranded and alone for years and when he’s rescued, he comes back home to her… but she’s with someone else. (here’s MY REVIEW - and check out my “reaction video” over there on the right)!! Also… here is the book also on Amazon UK
- Painkiller by Jenika Snow <— HE’S A REBEL & SHE’S A BOOKWORM… “Rosie’s known him nearly her entire life, and they are the total opposite. She’s a bookworm, studies hard, and wants to get into a good college. Rebel could care less about any of that. But he’s always been there for her…”
- Shut Out: A Bayard Hockey Novel by Kelly Jamieson <— HOCKEY STAR ALERT!!
- Interference: A Pilots Hockey Novel by Sophia Henry <— HOCKEY STAR ALERT!!
- Third Base (The Boys of Summer) by Heidi McLaughlin <— BASEBALL STAR ALERT & SHE’S KEEPING A SECRET!! Oh what a fantasy!!! He’s the hottest thing there is, and yet he sees HER in the stands, and falls for her hard. “That girl is Daisy Robinson, a journalism student at the University of Boston and a die-hard Renegades fan. But with new found love comes challenges and Ethan and Daisy have to deal with his crazy schedule, school finals and his presence on her campus for some much needed media training. For Ethan nothing can come between him and Daisy, until a secret that she’s been keeping threatens to destroy them both.” (also on Amazon UK)
- All the Rage by T.M Frazier <— SHE’S A 19 YEAR OLD KILLER BUT NOBODY SUSPECTS HER & she’s good with her choices… “Until him. It all changes when an ordinary boy becomes my next target. And my first love. I have to choose.” (also on Amazon UK)
- Love’s Learning Curve by Felicia Lynn
- Thirty-Four Going on Bride (The Spinster Series Book 3) by Becky Monson
- A Field Guide To Catching Crickets by A. Wilding Wells
- Idol (VIP Book 1) by Kristen Callihan <— ROCK STAR READ JUST WENT LIVE and I AM LOVING IT!!! It’s funny, it’s sweet, IT IS HOT!!!!!!! And it’s so well-written, flows so well and has the slow burn but moves just right. I love BOTH of these characters (especially her!!). Him too. LOL! You don’t get bogged down in it. So far it’s had just the right amount of angst. And now I just hit the heartachey part. Yep. I’m excited about this one!! (also on Amazon UK)
- Rock Steady (Rock Band) by Dawn Ryder <— ROCK STAR ALERT!! (also on Amazon UK)
- Defying All Odds by Nevaeh Lee (also on Amazon UK)
- Secrets and Lies 5 (The Ferro Family) by H.M. Ward (also on Amazon UK)
- Coast (Kick Push Book 2) (The Road 3) by Jay McLean <— NOT A STANDALONE so I won’t read the blurb but Jean is excited! “For those of you who haven’t read Kick Push by Jay McLean…. Loved that book, but the ending kinda left you hanging…..with Coast coming out tomorrow though, there’s no excuse!” and Tessa agrees: “Oh finally read Jay McLean’s Kick Push. Coast is up there for next week. All I gotta say is that Coast better do some mending big time!” (also on Amazon UK)
- Test Drive (Body Shop Bad Boys) by Marie Harte
- Engaged to the Billionaire Boys Club (Billionaire Romance Series Book 15) by Cara Miller
- Daring In a Blue Dress (A Matchmaker in Wonderland) by Katie Macalister (also on Amazon UK)
- Unbreak My Heart by Nicole Jacquelyn <— SHE’S IN UNREQUITED LOVE WITH HER BEST FRIEND’S MILITARY HUSBAND ALERT! And then her best friend dies, and she helps him pick up the pieces with his young children, and they get closer except… “Now with Shane deployed for seven months, Kate is on her own and struggling with being a single parent. Shane is loving and supportive from thousands of miles away, but his homecoming brings a betrayal Kate never saw coming.” OH. EM. GEE!!!! WHAT HAPPENS?!! I’m SO BUDDY-READING this one!! (also on Amazon UK)
- Killing The Sun: Part 1 by Mara White & K. Larsen <— (here’s MY REVIEW)!!! (also on Amazon UK)
- INFERNO (The HEAT Series Book 4) by Deborah Bladon (also on Amazon UK)
- So Close by Emma McLaughlin <— GIRL FROM THE TRAILER PARKS & POWERFUL POLITICIANS ALERT! “…a story about a girl from the trailer parks of central Florida and the two powerful men who shape her life—one of whom will raise her up to places she never imagined, the other of whom will threaten to destroy her.” (also on Amazon UK)
- Lily and the Octopus by Steven Rowley
- Lovegame by Tracy Wolff (also on Amazon UK)
- White-Hot Hack: Kate and Ian #2 by Tracey Garvis Graves - (also on Amazon UK)
- Nothing More by Anna Todd <— SPINOFF!! (also on Amazon UK)
- Targeted (Callahan & McLane) by Kendra Elliot (also on Amazon UK)
- Billionaire Undaunted: The Billionaire’s Obsession ~ Zane by J. S. Scott (also on Amazon UK)
- Untouched by Alexa Riley
- Just One Kiss by Amelia Whitmore
- The Other Side Of Someday by T.K. Leigh <— THIRTY-SOMETHING & NEWLY DIVORCED & SHE BECOMES FRIENDS WITH HER NEW NEIGHBOR But… “…he’s one of the youngest up-and-coming producers in Hollywood. His life is perfect. Perfect apartment. Perfect girlfriend. Perfect dog. Until a friendship with a beautiful woman with vibrant red hair and a similar taste in cheesy movies throws his perfect life into a tailspin.” (also on Amazon UK)
- His Needs: Billionaire Alpha by Ali Parker
- Beautiful by Ella Bordeaux
- What We Become: A Novel by Arturo Perez-Reverte
- Struck from the Record by K.A. Linde <— K.A. LINDE SPINOFF ALERT & HE’S A PLAYER BUT HAS ONE “CONSTANT”… “Their rules were simple. When they’re together, it’s just the two of them. When they’re apart, anything is fair game. And it worked. For ten years. But one of them has changed the game…” (also on Amazon UK)
- Speechless (Pier 70 Book 3) by Nicole Edwards (also on Amazon UK)
- Love Thy Enemy (romantic suspense) (Red Stone Security Series Book 13) by Katie Reus (also on Amazon UK)
- BURN (L.A. Untamed Book 2) by Ruth Clampett (also on Amazon UK)
- Sweet Resolve (The Lucky Series) by Jill Sanders (also on Amazon UK)
- Wicked Burn (Realm Enforcers) by Rebecca Zanetti
- Sea Rose Lane: A Hope Harbor Novel by Irene Hannon
- What Happens in Texas by Carolyn Brown
- Delilah (A Dangerous Beauty Novel Book #3): Treacherous Beauty by Angela Hunt
- F*cking Awkward by Taryn Plendl, AD Justice, Ahren Sanders, Aly Martinez, Amanda Maxlyn, B.A. Wolfe, Brooke Blaine), Brooke Page, Carey Heywood, Christine Zolendz, Laura Ward, CM Foss, Dina Littner, Ella Frank, Heather C. Leigh, HJ Bellus, K Langston, Lex Martin, Liv Morris, Mel Ballew, RE Hunter, Stacy Kestwick, Tiffany Aleman, Trudy Stiles <— ANTHOLOGY ALERT with SO many of our favorite indie authors, & LOL on that cover & TITLE!!!! “This collection of short stories will bring you back to the real world, where you laugh to keep from crying, because sometimes, it’s just F*cking Awkward! 100% of digital sales profits go to charity!” (also on Amazon UK)
- Smolder (Firefighters of Montana Book 1) by Tracy Solheim
- Only His Touch: Part One (The Untouched Series Book 4) by Lilly Wilde
- The Player’s Option: A Novella (The Playmaker Series Book 2) by K.L. Brady
- Hanging by a Thread (RILEY O’BRIEN & CO) by Jenna Sutton
- Everett by Cee Smith <— SHE MEETS HER NEW BOSS BUT... “He’s the man from the train—Vett. The stranger Indigo has spent the last three months infatuated with. He may act like he doesn’t remember, but Indigo won’t let him forget.” (also on Amazon UK)
- Saddle Up (Hot Cowboy Nights) by Victoria Vane
- All Summer Long (Follow Your Heart Book #2): A San Francisco Romance by Melody Carlson
- 738 Days: A Novel by Stacey Kade <— SHE’S ADJUSTING AFTER YEARS IN CAPTIVITY & A WASHED-UP HOLLYWOOD STAR ALERT! “To revamp his image, Chase’s publicist comes up with a plan: surprise Amanda Grace with the chance to meet her hero, followed by a visit to the set of Chase’s new movie. The meeting is a disaster, but out of mutual desperation, Amanda and Chase strike a deal. What starts as a simple arrangement, though, rapidly becomes more complicated when they realize they need each other in more ways than one…” (also on Amazon UK)
- Her Creed by Jennifer Kacey
- Brazen: B-Squad Book One by Avery Flynn <— HER BOYFRIEND’S EX-WIFE SHOWS UP… and she’s still his wife! “They’ve planned the perfect operation to take down the dangerous drug kingpin who’s kidnapped one of Bianca’s best friends. Then Taz’s wife–who was supposed to be his ex-wife–shows up on the eve of the big rescue mission and threatens to blow up his and Bianca’s happily ever after.” (also on Amazon UK)
- Larger Than Life: Smithson Group #6 by Alison Kent
- To Hold (To Have Book 2) by M. L. Pennock
- Love Song (Rocked by Love) by Susan Scott Shelley
- Missed Connections (Summer Love) by Tamara Mataya <— SOMEONE IS WISHING TO MEET HER ON THE MISSED CONNECTIONS WEBSITE… but she’s seeing a bad-boy billionaire that she really likes (loves?), but he doesn’t want a commitment… ”Torn between the bad boy she can’t keep and the sensitive stranger who bares his soul online, her heart and body are soon in two very different relationships…or are they?” (also on Amazon UK)
- The Brother Quest (The Luchettis Book 3) by Lori Handeland
- A Change Of Plans (A Castle Club Romance Book 2) by Malinda Martin
- Working It (The It Girls) by Leah Marie Brown
- We Shouldn’t And Yet… by Stephanie Witter <— SHE IS HIS SON’S BEST FRIEND ALERT! And his son wants more with her, but she wants his father… “I didn’t expect to feel so drawn to my best friend’s father when I first meet him. It’s unexplainable and most of all, it’s unexpected. He drinks too much, is rough around the edges, and is so obviously into casual sex and nothing more…” (also on Amazon UK)
- Hometown Girls: New Beginnings by Tressa Messenger
- Mellifica: Affinity for Fear by Melissa Mayberry
- Without Benefits by Nicole Tone
- Breathing Betrayal (Elemental Evidence Book 1) by Bellora Quinn & Sadie Rose Bermingham <— M/M ROMANCE
- The Harder He Falls (Kick) by Lynda Aicher <— M/M ROMANCE
- Catch Me If You Can (North Pole, Alaska Book 7) by Noelle Fox
- In the Line of Fire (Hot Desert Heroes) by Jett Munroe
- The Wedding Sisters by Jamie Brenner <— ALL THREE OF HER DAUGHTERS ARE ENGAGED! “…a triple wedding is the only way to get all three sisters down the aisle. When the grand plan becomes public, the onslaught of media attention adds to Meryl’s mounting pressure. Suddenly, appearances are everything – and she will do whatever it takes to keep the wedding on track as money gets tight, her mother starts acting nutty, and her own thirty year marriage starts to unravel…” (also on Amazon UK)
- Could This Be Love? (A Cates Brothers Book) by Lee Kilraine
- Love, Reality Style by Judith Natelli McLaughlin
- Bad Penny (San Francisco Nights Book 1) by Jocelyn Adler
- Encore by Monique Raphel High
- Spooning Daisy (An Otter Bite Romance) by Maggie McConnell
- Stirring Attraction: A Second Shot Novel by Sara Jane Stone <— ARMY RANGER COMES HOME… “Lily is starting to find a life without Dominic when suddenly her wounded warrior is home and playing bodyguard—though all she really wants is for him to take her….” (also on Amazon UK)
- Targeted (FBI Heat) by Marissa Garner
- Escaping The Past: A mafia romance by L.M. Connolly
- Holiday Affair (At Full Tilt Book 2) by Isabel Raven
- Never Give You Up (McCoy’s Boys) by Shady Grace
PREORDERS (tomorrow’s & next week’s!!! )
- Backfire (A Vigilantes Novel Book 2) by Keri Lake – June 9th 2016
- Raw Redemption (Crossing the Line) by Tessa Bailey - June 13th 2016
- Up in Flames: A Rosemary Beach Novel (The Rosemary Beach Series Book 13) by Abbi Glines – June 14th 2016
- Allegiance of Honor: A Psy-Changeling Novel (Psy/Changeling) by Nalini Singh – June 14th 2016
- Bay of Sighs: Book Two of the Guardians Trilogy by Nora Roberts – June 14th 2016
- Unchained: An Eternal Guardians Novella by Elizabeth Naughton – June 14th 2016
- Last Kiss (A First and Last Novel) by Laurelin Paige – June 14th 2016
- A Wildly Seductive Night: (Seductive Nights: Julia & Clay Book 3.5) by Lauren Blakely – June 14th 2016
- Claim Me by Anna Zaires - June 14th 2016
- Filthy Foreign Exchange Book 2 by S.E. Hall - June 14th 2016
- Bittersweet (True North Book 1) by Sarina Bowen - June 14th 2016
- Beg for It by Megan Hart – June 14th 2016
- Here’s to Us by Elin Hilderbrand - June 14th 2016
- Callie Healy (Mitchell – Healy Series) by Jennifer Foor - June 15th 2016
- Bet on Me (Bet on Love Series Book 2) by Rachel Higginson - June 16th 2016
- Hitched (Imperfect Love Book 1) by Kendall Ryan <— July 5th 2016 but I had to post it since it’s a new pre-order and it’s already in Amazon’s top 50 AND it’s super-bargain priced (well, the pre-order price is).
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).