Latest Paranormal & Contemporary Romance Book Releases – March 17th 2015 – Happy St. Patrick’s Day!!

by Maryse on March 17, 2015 · 122 comments

WHOOPS!! UPDATE! Hausfrau: A Novel by Jill Alexander Essbaum <— I forgot to put this one up, and it’s was all the buzz when it was on pre-order. Well it’s live now on Amazon, and in the “movers and shakers”. What a blurb. *gasp* definitely tumultuous sounding!

HAPPY ST. PATRICK’S DAY!!!!! Who’s Irish? Who’s kissing the Irish? Who’s just gonna pretend they’re Irish today just to drink the green beer? I’m part Irish and SO in the mood to discover my “Irish-ness” today so maybe I’ll cook some of these recipes. ;) YUMMY!!

The St. Patrick’s Day Cookbook: The Top 50 Most Delicious St. Patrick’s Day Recipes (Holiday Recipes) <— It’s on super-sale so even though it’s not romance, I say it fits my day perfectly! BUT!!!

On top of it being an awesome St. Paddy’s day, we have an awesome book selection of romance new releases AND “new-to-mes” that I wanna try… I noted ‘em with “alerts”. lol

P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).

NEW AUDIOBOOK RELEASES —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans through your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL! PLUS check out the free audible trial + 2 free ebooks deal

BARGAINS

• Love the Way You Lie (Stripped Book 1) by Skye Warren <— NEW RELEASE from just a few days ago!!! I LOVE THIS AUTHOR!!
  • Station Eleven: A novel by Emily St. John Mandel <— ON SALE & ANNA LOVES IT! “I’m 2/3 through Station Eleven right now and am loving it!  The writing is brilliant and the whole story is completely captivating.  Highly recommend!”
  • Complete Submission: (The Submission Series, Books 1-8) by C.D. Reiss <— Whole series bundled and on sale AND her latest release is coming out tomorrow!!
  • Levitate by Kaylee Ryan <— recent release!! “Just when you think you’ve got it all figured out, you realize your puzzle is unfinished. You find a piece you never thought you needed until everything changes with one touch.
  • Release Me (The Stark Trilogy, Book 1) by J. Kenner <— super-sale!! Leila loves it! “Another series I would recommend is the Stark Trilogy by J. Kenner. Its first book is Release me. The book is really hot, has BDSM and is full of steamy scenes and Damien Stark is just wow!
  • FATE BOOK TWO by Mimi Jean Pamfiloff <— Michelle found us this one on sale!! And I KNOW MichelleS LOVED book #1! She said: “I want to tell you about the book I started tonight. It’s a FREAKING MIND F@ck I tell ya’. First, I am laughing and peeing myself at the hilarity at the beginning of the book. So so funny – like Amy funny…… THEN…. it all goes completely FUBAR cray-cray-cray-zee!!!! and I have no clue where it’s going but am totally loving it. What is it? It’s called Fate Book by Mimi Pampfiloff. She’s a snarky funny nerd who makes up a hot Spaniard Model as a boyfriend and then he SHOWS UP at her school and she has to just play along, but then he gets all alpha mystery man on her and the story gets WILD…. can’t wait to see where this ends up. I’m only at 37%.
  • Steering the Stars by Autumn Doughton <– SUPER SALE and Stephanie found it. Great reviews so far!
  • Malevolent (The Darkness Series Book 1) by <— Stephanie found us this one at a rock bottom price too! She says: “A wishing-evil-upon-others novel that can be read as a standalone! Pain. Suffering. Lives shattered and broken. In the fight of good against evil, who will survive?” LOTS of great reviews for this recent release!

PARANORMAL

CONTEMPORARY

PRE-ORDERS

Amy March 17, 2015 at 12:43 PM

Half Irish right here!! *points to self* The other half is German with a little bit of Italian thrown in for good measure. ;) I looooooove Irish dishes, and that cookbook up there is looking pretty good right now! Corned beef is in the slow cooker, and all I have to do this evening is throw the root veggie dish and soda bread in the oven. Oh, and mint brownies for dessert…YUM!!

I have to run some errands (need a bottle of bright green Midori for tonight!) so combing through that awesome list up there will have to wait, but Indisputable caught my eye BIG time…I wanna know what’s so “wrong” about them! And Broken by Erica Stevens…it’s a prequel about Atticus (Braith’s evil dad), and I’m more than a little curious about how that story will go. Happy St. Patrick’s Day, ladies!!!! :D

bev March 17, 2015 at 1:29 PM

Happy St. Patrick’s Day!!!!!

Amy, you kill me with your menus. The full meal was always something my mom did. Hmmm, maybe I’ll try it this weekend. It’s suppose to be stormy weather. Never did the bread though. What does soda bread taste like?

Tessa March 17, 2015 at 2:06 PM

Irish here too. Well, 33%, plus the whole British Isle area, with a hint of German. As an Irish girl, I confess! I hate corned beef and cabbage. Also, I don’t like soda bread. I know. I’m odd. :-) Mint brownies, however… Yum!

Q is too soon after the book that was icky. I’ll read it, because I know I’ll love it. I loved book one. It’s just, at this point, it could be an Up in the Air sequel, and be weirded out, and James is my BBF behind only Mason. I think I’ll read some YA. *grins* Later I’m getting Retribution, since I loved Deception so much.

Maryse March 17, 2015 at 2:26 PM

Did you guys see the cute green nail polishes Amazon is featuring on their main page? It’s like an all-green fantasy of greenness. LOVE…

Although I don’t know if any of the brands they are featuring are like… extra good, ya know? I don’t know nail polishes all that much…

Maryse March 17, 2015 at 2:27 PM

I think I’m half irish. I gotta find out more. LOL! From my father’s hair and my hair color, I’d say yes. :P

Maryse March 17, 2015 at 2:29 PM

I. LOVE. CORNED BEEF!!!!!!! Amy, I’m going over. We can do manicures and pedicures!!!! And you can show me how to blend my eyeshadow once and for all!

Rachel Blaufeld March 17, 2015 at 4:20 PM

I’m wearing green nail polish!! Maryse <3

MichelleS March 17, 2015 at 5:09 PM

STATION ELEVEN made your list? yay yay yay…. I loved that one. Another great Sci-Fi / dystopian recommendation from Michelle. I talked about that one to anyone who would listen. Amazing.

OOH, look, a new book by H.P. Mallory? I had no idea Sinjin had his own spinoff series!! Thanks for finding that one. I adored Sinjin. Anyone else love that crazy vamp? Remember when they went back in time so he found her first and swept her off her feet so she’d fall for him instead of Rand? Sigh…. good ole’ vampire novel days!!

Amy March 17, 2015 at 5:28 PM

Bev, soda bread can be on the dry side but is similar in taste (at least the one I make) to biscuits with a slight flavor from the caraway seeds…put some butter on it and ohhhhh yummy!

I *love* to cook (especially theme-type meals!) but believe me ladies, there are plenty of evenings where dinner is nothing more than a rotisserie chicken from the store, pasta with marinara sauce from a jar and whatever frozen veggies happen to be in the freezer. ;)

MichelleS March 17, 2015 at 5:37 PM

I love corned beef and cabbage and those shiny perfectly round potatoes they throw in there! Yummo. I wish I had my own Amy to cook for me and celebrate every holiday! I’m not even wearing green! bah humbug – my family is getting leftovers. I suck.

Amy March 17, 2015 at 5:50 PM

Oooooh!! Manis, pedis, Midori martinis, Irish dinner and MAKEUP…how fun!!! And yes, we will turn you into a pro at blending eyeshadow. ;) Yes we will… *rubbing hands together*

Okay, out of those polishes on the Amazon page, I would say the best is Butter London. Essie and China Glaze are great too but both can be hit-or-miss from color to color.

You can come too Tessa, even if all you’ll eat is the brownies. :P

Jen March 17, 2015 at 5:59 PM

Oh my gosh, I just saw the Wild Reckless cover up there. So glad this is on your list. This book – OMG! I read it in one day – the second it hit my Kindle. It’s soooooooo good. Bad boy, good heart, right girl. I cried and laughed – you would LOVE this one! <3

Amy March 17, 2015 at 6:04 PM

MichelleS, leftovers can be even better the second time around for supper…my hubby has perfected the garbage burrito!!!

Rachel, what color???

Okay, supper and then back to the sandy beach with Cole and Eden for me…

Katherine Walsh March 17, 2015 at 6:16 PM

Deep(Stage dive 4) by kylie scott comes out march 31st!!

Tessa March 17, 2015 at 6:27 PM

I’ll eat brownies, sure. *grins* And get a manicure too. *looks at her bare nails* I never got around to painting them today.

I went back to the Ghost Bird series. *sighs* I love this series so much.

bev March 17, 2015 at 7:15 PM

Had to share cause Anne of Green Gables! And one named for the raspberry cordial, which by the way I just saw a recipe for. But I want to find one without alcohol like they were suppose to drink.
Also saw one for 50, Wild, Dresden Files, etc.

Ok, I have 3 different books started now need to decide which to go back to tonight.

Tessa March 17, 2015 at 7:28 PM
Michelle March 17, 2015 at 7:29 PM

More deals for ya – Happy St. Pats!

Fighting Temptation by KC Lynn is FREE
Irresistable Desire (The Savannah Series Book 1) by Danielle Jamie is .99
Out of Time Series Box Set II (Books 4-6) by Monique Martin is .99
In the Zone (Portland Storm Book 5) by Catherine Gayle is .99
Breaking Braydon by MK Harkins is .99
Frozen Barriers by Sara Shirley is .99

Michelle March 17, 2015 at 7:32 PM

Oh you’re talking polish again – another one to check out is NerdLacquer – killer names and colors!

Michelle March 17, 2015 at 7:35 PM

Station Eleven on the list yey – LOVE LOVE this book (yeah that’s right, two caps in a row)

bev March 17, 2015 at 7:55 PM

Tessa that does look like space.

I’m still waiting for Station Eleven to come in at the library.

Cheryl March 17, 2015 at 8:59 PM

Hmmm, just finished reading Slow Burn and while it was good, there was a sneak peek of the next book, Sweet Ache which made me wish it was released now. It’s what I want to read now. Reminds me of The Deal but with a H that is a rock star!! Ugh, have to wait until June!!!

Jean March 17, 2015 at 9:15 PM

Holy crap, this list! My head just exploded!

Cheryl March 17, 2015 at 10:18 PM

Have some Irish in me, but I’m not a big fan of corned beef. Do like soda bread and any kind of brownie works for me. ;)

Maybe Shadows of the Past is going to give me that slow-build from not liking each other that I’m wanting. Wild Reckless sounded like this too, but now I’m not sure since it’s high school H/h. Chase Me sounds funny, but can’t go wrong with an Elle Kennedy book- Time Out and Body Check. Leaving Amarillo also sounds really good, but looks like it is book 1 in a series. UGH, I have been in such a book rut lately!! :(

Jennifer March 17, 2015 at 11:47 PM

I’m finally reading Surviving Raine by Shay Savage..I loved Offside..but still trying to get out of my rut after Vision in Silver…great recommendation guys..,the series got me out of my last book rut but not sure where I should go next! I have 340 on my TBR list that I purchased but none are jumping out ….uggghhhh!

Tessa March 18, 2015 at 1:03 AM

Finished Ghost Bird 4. Still love it, though the suggestion of where it’s going had me going, huh? *grins* I still love the series.

Shell March 18, 2015 at 1:46 AM

Has anyone read ‘Captive Series’ by Erica Stevens ??
I have not read a vampire book for a while now, so was not sure.

Rachel Blaufeld March 18, 2015 at 6:38 AM

@AMY — something from gellish — its a sea green
I’m wanting pink now though!

IsDonIsGood March 18, 2015 at 6:45 AM

Who recommended Wolfen?!
Thank you whoever it was. Intense and amazing. Long, so I could savour the intensity over time, mull on it and experience delicious anticipation.

Lots of free new adult books on iTunes at the moment – mostly 1st in series.

Jean March 18, 2015 at 8:28 AM

Michelle, the “two caps in a row” convinced me! Just 1-clicked Station Eleven.

Jean March 18, 2015 at 8:31 AM

What’s everybody reading? Maryse?

Tessa March 18, 2015 at 9:57 AM

Shell, I’ve read the first two and loved them. A different take n the whole vampire thing. I think I’m going to re-read one and two and get into three.

Shell March 18, 2015 at 10:33 AM

Thank you Tessa, you can buy the whole series bundled together now on reasonable price. I think I will give it a try.

Cheryl March 18, 2015 at 10:35 AM

Decided to read Chase Me. I don’t know, nothing really grabbed me; in a reading rut!! ;)

Ready for a 5* rec Maryse!!!

Jean March 18, 2015 at 10:51 AM

Ooo Cheryl, I thought Chase Me looked good too. Let me know how it goes!

I feel like I’m in a rut too…. Sigh…..

Maryse March 18, 2015 at 11:05 AM

I’m ready for one too. LOL!!! :P

I’m reading, I’m reading!!

Amy March 18, 2015 at 11:09 AM

Arrrrgggghh! Y’all are killing me with those indie polishes!!! Sooooo pretty…and I am a sucker for crazy-named polishes! Yesterday I had on OPI Jade is the New Black (great shade for St. Paddy’s Day!) but when I took it off this morning it stained my fingers. I swear, greens and blues are so pretty but awful to remove…

Rachel, Zoya Rooney is a gorgeous pink creme, and if you want some sparkle then Zoya Harper is a similar shade but with some glitter in it. ;)

Shhhhh Jennifer!!! Don’t say that book title…Jean will start in with me about not having read it yet. *peeking around for Jean*

Jean March 18, 2015 at 11:18 AM

Amy!!!!!!!! Read it already! Geez!!!

Amy March 18, 2015 at 11:19 AM

Uh, ladies? Pocketful of Sand is going pretty well for me if you’re interested. I can’t say if it is a 5-star read as I haven’t finished it yet, but I’m thinking it will probably end up 4 stars. Just throwin’ it out there for ya. ;)

Shell, I’ve read the whole Captive series and thought it was great, but it depends on what you are looking for in a vamp book. Some like a strong paranormal feel, some like a lot of description, and others (*cough* me *cough*) want a vamp story wrapped up in emotion and even some angst…that’s what the Captive series was for me. I’d say it’s a good balance of vampire story with mid-level emotion and a little angst. Loved Braith. *sigh*

Amy March 18, 2015 at 11:21 AM

CRAP!!!

*hiding from Jean in blankie cave*

Jean March 18, 2015 at 11:36 AM

You better hide! Know what, where has our book dom been….. he needs to pay Amy a visit! Haha!

Niki March 18, 2015 at 12:57 PM

Burn for me by Ilona Andrews is .99!!! Such a good book if you haven’t read it!!!
I’m thinking Shadows of the past sounds good… I read the sample and want to know more!!! Also Wild Reckless!!
I haven’t read the Captive series but do have the first book…. I’ll have to look into it!!

Niki March 18, 2015 at 12:58 PM

Amy, let me know when you get to the end!!!

Niki March 18, 2015 at 1:06 PM

Ok one more thing!! I looked up the Captive Series and if you have Amzon Prime you can borrow the five book bundle for free with the lending library!!

Shell March 18, 2015 at 1:47 PM

Thank you Amy. What you have described that you felt while reading ‘captive Series’ that’s what I used to like in my Vampire/ paranormal reads back in the days ( Christian Feehan used to be one of my favourite writer).
To be honest with you the word ‘Captive’ is what attracted me toward this series and made me go and read the blurb and I am hoping for an alpha and hot vampire.

Tessa March 18, 2015 at 2:24 PM

Sorry Jean. I hijacked the book Dom. Amy loaned me hers and I ended up keeping him. She should have known better than to share James with me.

Shell, definitely alpha and hot. So, so hot. Also, dystopian. I read less than one chapter and remembered the two books I read thoroughly. So, I’m off to book three.

Shell March 18, 2015 at 2:40 PM

Right Tessa and Amy I am definitely off to read ‘Captive Series’.

Jean March 18, 2015 at 2:47 PM

Lol Tessa! Send him to Amy’s! She needs the discipline! James??? As in James Cavendish? Or did I missed something above?

Amy March 18, 2015 at 2:50 PM

Whaaaaaat??

*re-reads the “ending” of Pocketful of Sand*

What the… *frowns* How am I supposed to… *rubs forehead* Okay, just WTF?!?!?

*stands up and whacks book dom with iPad*

bev March 18, 2015 at 2:52 PM

I had 3 books going but finished one last night. I’m almost done with #hater and I think like 30% Into Soaring.

Yes, I’m definitely going to have to try an indie polish soon. And if they are named after favorite books I want them even more.

bev March 18, 2015 at 2:54 PM

Another Others Fan!!! I know Maryse will get curious and peek over the fence some time.

Amy March 18, 2015 at 2:55 PM

Yes, James Cavendish is the model for our Book Dom…but he better take his paddle and hide it or I’m gonna hit him with that too!! Freaking POS!!!!

Amy March 18, 2015 at 2:56 PM

*throws iPad over the fence at the Others*

There Bev, how you like them apples?!?!

Jean March 18, 2015 at 3:01 PM

Ummmm are you okay Amy? I’m guessing we should stay away from Pocketful of Sand for now. Cliffhanger?? I can feel your anger all the way over here on the East Coast!

Cheryl March 18, 2015 at 3:19 PM

I remember someone else had the same reaction about Pocketful of Sand’s ending. Damn, and I was thinking it was going to be my next read. I didn’t think it was a cliffhanger, though. *pout*

Tessa March 18, 2015 at 4:04 PM

Hahaha That must have been a pretty bad ending. Bad enough to start hurting everyone? *grins*

Jean, yep. A while ago Amy started naming who everyone’s book dom is. She said I could share hers, James Cavendish. Being he’s BBF 2 for me behind Mason… I kept him.

Jean March 18, 2015 at 4:23 PM

Lol! Awww I want James…… Or maybe Jesse Ward….yeah Jesse!

Amy March 18, 2015 at 4:38 PM

No, no, no…that’s just it!! It’s NOT over! I’m not at the “end” yet…and you have to read it to understand what I mean. &$%#@&#%!!!!!

Niki!! Help me out here…I’m trying not to spoil anything for anyone else but how the heck do you explain this? What the heck am I supposed to do?

*screaming into pillow*

Psst, Bev…sorry about that, you just happened to be in the line of fire. :P

Amy March 18, 2015 at 4:45 PM

Oh yeah, and believe it or not this book could please almost everyone. ALMOST everyone. That’s all I’m saying.

Tessa March 18, 2015 at 5:04 PM

Hrm, so hea with an incomplete ending? A lot unanswered? Ended too quick? Or not how you wanted?

bev March 18, 2015 at 5:12 PM

Go back to work and Amy starts trash talking. The crows are happy but Simon……..”No Scritch for you.”

Michelle March 18, 2015 at 5:21 PM

Ahhh Tessa you read the Ghostbird series too! You seriously are my reading twin. I’m obsessed with that series!

Yey Jean I think you will at least LOVE…maybe LOVE LOVE haha Station Eleven. It’s a change in pace but was so amazing it made my favorites from last year.

Jean March 18, 2015 at 5:22 PM

I assume it is the “end” of something else. And you’re not done the book yet….

Michelle March 18, 2015 at 5:28 PM

A TON of historical romance books are on sale today! Many are the cheapest I’ve ever seen. Some have only a couple books and others a whole series on sale so you have to check but I listed some of the authors below.

Johanna Lindsey (Gentle Rogue is 1.99!), Lynsay Sands, Julia Quinn, Lisa Kleypas (Dreaming of You is 1.99!), Laura Kinsale, Kathleen E Woodiwiss, Debbie Macomber, Jude Deveraux, Lorraine Heath, Sandra Hill, Sarah MacLean, Julie Anne Long, Lecia Cornwall, Katharine Ashe, Janet Dailey, Karen Ranney, Sophie Jordan, Tessa Dare, Teresa Mederios

Falling Into You by Jasinda Wilder is FREE
Freefall by Tess Oliver is FREE
Stolen in Paradise by Toby Neal is FREE
Stubborn by Jeanne Arnold is FREE
The Last Witch by Debbie Dee is FREE
Fractured Immortal by EL Wickeris FREE
Torrid by Jayne Blue is FREE
Past Heaven by Laua Ward is .99
Love at Stake Books 3, 4, 11, 12, 13 by Kerrelyn Sparks are .99; 1 is 1.99
The Dark Carpathian Books 1, 2, 3, 8, 12, 13 by Christine Feehan are .99-1.99; Scarletti Curse .99
Burn for Me by Ilona Andrews is .99
A Perfect Blood with Bonus Material (Trent POV!) by Kim Harrison is .99
A Little Too Far and A Little Too Muchby Lisa Desrochers are .99
Storm MC Books 2, 2.5, 3 by Nina Levine are .99
Hard Ink Series by Laura Kaye are .99
A Kiss of Blood by Pamela Palmer is .99; some of Feral Warriors series .99
Trust in Me by J Lynn is .99
Spark by Brooke Cumberland is .99

Tessa March 18, 2015 at 5:50 PM

Just for everyone to know. I thought Love at Stake and Carpathian books were good. Burn for Me and Perfect Blood… beyond good. *grins* Loved Burn for Me and Perfect Blood. *squees over those*

Tessa March 18, 2015 at 5:55 PM

And and and GENTLE ROGUE! Seriously, if you love historicals, that one was awesome. *swoons over James Mallory all over again*

Michelle, I think you’re right. Maybe you can tell me what to read next? I’ve tried ten books, (Including Archer’s Voice and Surviving Raine) but I’m in that weird book slump where NOTHING sounds good.

Michelle March 18, 2015 at 6:12 PM

Yeah Tessa I agree with all that commentary exactly! We are seriously on the same wavelength…ok are ya leaning towards a general area or not? Give me a minute and I’ll give you a couple that I think you would like if you have no preference.

Michelle March 18, 2015 at 6:12 PM

Well not think you will like…KNOW you will like since same wavelength and all ;)

bev March 18, 2015 at 6:29 PM

Triple yes on Burn for me. Such a great book.

Ok I have to wade through all these books but have a feeling I’m in for a bit of a spree!
Oh and Dreaming of You!!!!!!

Michelle March 18, 2015 at 6:44 PM

Ok Tessa here is a totally random list that all hit the right spot for me…

Red Rising by Pierce Brown – stellar dystopian that was WOW for me
Touched by AJ Aalto – hilarious (I mean out loud funny), action filled, sexy PNR, one of my favorite pnr from last year
Stay Dead by Anne Frasier – mystery, fantasy, pnr all wrapped up in one, is an auto buy series for me
Tairen Soul series – have you read these? Amazing fantasy series!
Carnage by Lesley Jones – never a dull moment and of the biggest crazy endings that is heart wrenching
Transcendance by Shay Savage – you might have read this one but it’s different and can un-slump ya
Kathleen Turner series by Tiffany Snow – I read them all back to back
The Infernal Devices series by Cassandra Clare – I think it’s better than Mortal Instruments and has the historical feel too
The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay – if you haven’t read this you HAVE to
Monere Children of the Moon series by Sunny – a lesser known pnr that I loved when I read it and still remember it all
Little Goddess series by Amy Lane – unlike any pnr I’ve read, another lesser known but stuck with me again because it was so different

Tessa March 18, 2015 at 6:44 PM

Just light HEA or something along those lines. Para or not, just HEA without over angsty drama.

MichelleS March 18, 2015 at 6:47 PM

Tessa – tell me you have read Golden Dynasty? Best ever!!! I swear I swear! If for some kuh-ray-zee reason you haven’t, I’d pick that one up. HEA for sure and amazing from the first paragraph until the very end.

Michelle March 18, 2015 at 6:50 PM

Bev, I can’t even pick what historicals I want! Are there any that you think I NEED haha if you are looking? I already bought Then Came You by Kleypas. I wish the creole historicals by Sandra Hill were on sale but they aren’t like some others. It seems random which books are on sale?

Michelle March 18, 2015 at 6:52 PM

I actually think I will get The Shadow and The Star by Kinsale too.

Michelle March 18, 2015 at 6:55 PM

No angsty drama, now you tell me haha. Um take off Carnage for sure but the rest are doable.

Michelle March 18, 2015 at 6:58 PM

Yeah Golden Dynasty is a forever favorite for me too so that’s another good one!

Tessa March 18, 2015 at 7:05 PM

ooooo
The winner is Touched by AJ Aalto That sounds like exactly what I need right now. I won a few you mentioned, and haven’t read, so that is the perfect list. (Why haven’t I read Tairen Soul yet? It’s exactly what I love and I own it, so why?)

MichelleS, read Golden Dynasty. I absolutely loved it.

Shadow and Star was good. It wasn’t her best, but seriously good. So many of the historicals mentioned were. I also loved Jude Deveraux’s Black Lyon.

Sandra Hill’s Love Potion is 0.99! That’s Cajun!

Tessa March 18, 2015 at 7:09 PM

Carnage ripped my heart out! *cries* Sea of Tranquility isn’t high angsty? Oh and I got Kiss of Pride from Sandra Hill, because it’s Sandra Hill doing angel stories.

Michelle March 18, 2015 at 7:15 PM

SQUEE I got someone to bite on Touched! I five star loved it. Marnie is so funny and the men are smokin

No SoT is angsty forgot that one to scratch off.

Ok both of the historicals you mentioned are .99! Crazy deals and click click – thanks because I missed the cajun one anx have been looking for them after Arcana Chronicles

Tessa March 18, 2015 at 7:21 PM

Just an fyi, I don’t think the Cajun are historical, but they were good and funny, with the accent thrown in. I read them when they came out, so my memory is a little fuzzy.

*is still team Aric*

Amy March 18, 2015 at 7:27 PM

Ummmm, let’s just say you will get to have your cake and eat it too with Pocketful of Sand….if that’s what you want. ;) Gah, I hope that makes sense for this book. Sorry for being so cryptic! Y’all know how I am about trying not to spoil anything.

I’m gonna attempt to finish it now that I’m not freaking out anymore. Here goes! :D

Michelle March 18, 2015 at 7:28 PM

No I got from the blurb that they were not historical but I was just looking for some heros with that dialect. Nooooo team Jackson…tears up :(

Amy March 18, 2015 at 7:29 PM

Golden Dynasty!!!!!!!! LAHN!!!!

Amy March 18, 2015 at 7:32 PM

Oh oh oh…and Transcendence!!!! EHD!!!!

*giggle*

bev March 18, 2015 at 7:52 PM

It is almost too much to go through. But Then Came You!!!!! Have not read this one. So freaking excited.
I’ve read SEP’s First Lady and enjoyed it. I have but not read Lord of Scoundrels but know many love it and Chase.
Also, I grabbed The Heroines bookshelf.
It has been so long I’m not sure what Lorraine Heaths I’ve read, lol.

Cheryl March 18, 2015 at 8:27 PM

Amy, an ending but not an ending and it can please almost everyone and can have your cake and eat it too, if you want????? Nope not cryptic at all. Does that mean it’s a happy ending?! *giggle*

Not sure I’m sold on reading this one…

bev March 18, 2015 at 8:36 PM

Whoot!!! Winter Garden have wanted this one for awhile. The last hellion, Lady Windermeres lover, The Wallflower Gone Wild, The Duke of Dark Desires, the shadow and the star. Done….I think.
Suddenly You is a good one. Also Nobodys Baby but Mine. The heroine does something kinda awful….but ended up rooting for them.

Niki March 19, 2015 at 2:00 AM

Amy!!! Hopefully your iPad is ok with all the throwing. Hmmm what can we say about that end??? Can I say I chose the one I was totally confused about??? Well I just did so yes:)

Michelle March 19, 2015 at 8:56 AM

Bev, I got Lord of Scoundrels too and a few more from the Malory-Anderson series but I got 8 historicals for 8 dollars! Never have seen then that cheap! I seriously might go back for more once I weed through them in more detail.

Tessa, I’m anxious like crazy about if you are liking Touched…be honest too I don’t break!

bev March 19, 2015 at 9:26 AM

Michelle, we may have to do a couple historical buddy reads. I looked at my 10$ balance and eeped for a sec, but usually I might get two for that price. I’ve been wanting to read the Kleypas & Ashworth forever. Yes I may look it over again. Couple names sounded familiar. Want to look @ reviews.

Fabi March 19, 2015 at 10:06 AM

MichelleS see what you started with your historical read? Lol I think many of us started our romance reading with these. For me, reading The Wicked Ways of Alexander Kidd feels like coming home after an extended trip. So good. :-) I had to squirrel away from it while I was out of state because I’m a little shy about reading romance in public like at the airport and plane. Close quarters and all that. But I got right back to it as soon as I got home. I love it and now I want to make sure I add a historical to my dizzy rounds of genres so all these recommendations are awesome. Thank you ladies!

Tessa March 19, 2015 at 10:33 AM

I like it so far. I went to sleep a little on the early side last night so I’m only on chapter two. The second paragraph hooked me:

My name’s Marnie Baranuik, and most of the time I’m OK with being a one-fail wonder.

You must tell me your opinion about the Mallorys, especially Gentle Rogue. Those books shaped my teenage years. :-)

marina March 19, 2015 at 1:44 PM

Just finished Chase Me and loved it. It was a fun, sexy read. I seriously love everything Tessa Bailey writes. Can’t wait to read the next one in the series in April! Highly recommend if you are looking for a witty book with great banter!!

Jean March 19, 2015 at 2:06 PM

Thanks Marina! I’ll definitely be moving that one up on my list. I love Tessa Bailey too!

I’m finally reading Loving Mr. Daniels…… can someone tell me why I waited so long?!?!? I’m really liking it!

Fabi March 19, 2015 at 2:21 PM

Awww Jean. I love that one. I might even like it a little more than Slammed. I finally started Murder of Crows and feel the same way you do. Why have I waited so long?!

bev March 19, 2015 at 2:58 PM

Fabi, I do the same thing. I think I’ll read a lot when I have a commute and then I start wondering if some one is reading over my shoulder.

Curious to hear what you think of MOC.

Jean, I grabbed loving Mr. Daniels last time it was on sale. How everyone loves it I’ll have to move it up.

Jean March 19, 2015 at 3:34 PM

Bev, just reading the prologue sucked me right in!

Amy March 19, 2015 at 3:48 PM

Niki, I chose that one too and now I’m *really* confused!!! Reading that part was like being inside the mind of someone who is drunk and on the verge of passing out…all kinds of thoughts bouncing all over the place but none of them really making any sense, ya know?

I dunno ladies…I’d say Pocketful of Sand is okay with a VERY unique ending (or non-ending ;) ). It wasn’t unputdownable but is worth the read if you want something with a good pace, some emotion and an itty bitty dash of angst.

Amy March 19, 2015 at 3:52 PM

Jean! I loved Loving Mr. Daniels!! :D Did you ever continue on with Rush and Blaire? Oh, oh, oh…I’ve got a deal for you! I’ll read Surviving Raine or On the Island when you start Sweet Gum Tree, m’kay?

Cheryl March 19, 2015 at 4:02 PM

Amy and Nikki, I’m thinking “choose” is the operative word with Pocketful of Sand. ;)

Marina, I’m reading Chase Me now. It is a witty,read. Reminds me a little along the lines of the Beautiful Bastard series. Funny, sexy, light read.

Cheryl March 19, 2015 at 4:05 PM

Liked everything I read about Hausfrau until I saw the price! $10.99!!

Michelle March 19, 2015 at 5:59 PM

Kidnapped Cowboy by Lindsey Brookes is FREE
The End Came With A Kiss by John Michael Hileman is FREE
Hope for Her by Sydney Aaliyah Michelle is FREE
Maybe This Timeby Chantal Fernando is FREE
I Have People by Taylor Dean is FREE
Scorched by Sophia Hampton is FREE
The Five Stages of Falling in Love by Rachel Higginson is .99!
Gloves Off Novels by JP Dover are .99
Legend by Marie Lu is 2.99
Insurgent (Divergent Trilogy Book 2) by Veronica Roth is 3.99
Mockingjay (Hunger Games Book 3) by Suzanne Collins is 3.99
Storm (Ashes & Embers Book 1) by Carian Cole is .99
Tripped Up Love by Julie Farley is .99
Incarcerated by Inger Iversen is .99
Conflicted by MM Koenig is .99
Rock Bottom (Bullet Book 2) by Jade C Jamison is .99
Surrendering by Ahren Sanders is .99

MichelleS March 19, 2015 at 6:58 PM

I went with KA’s newest, Soaring, in the Magdalene series. The first one, The Will, was a DNF for me… so I was a wee bit hesitant – but I have to say, she’s got her mojo back – it’s totally classic KA if you are in that mood. It’s a long one, so I am only halfway done! But so far so good. (okay, lots of descriptions of clothes and furniture and everybody is “honey” and all that, and, of course, no “if” an any sentence.. snort… but that’s KA and it’w working for me).

bev March 19, 2015 at 7:28 PM

MichelleS, I’m a little over 40%. I’m having fun with it. She hurt my heart some in the beginning. I’ve been slow in reading it, which in no way is a reflection on the book. It actually kind of fits its pace if that makes sense. One thing I really enjoy about KA is how she writes heroines changing their lives, jobs, making friends in their 30 &40s. My one teeny tiny quibble would be that I want them to stay apart a little bit longer. The whole friends (does he or doesn’t he) and even not sure I want to be around you but your kids and I are falling for each other.

bev March 19, 2015 at 7:31 PM

I just got Tessa Dares Any Duchess will Do.

So any of you sport loving ladies on here, have you read Slow and Steady Rush? Saw a glowing review on it and looks good.

bev March 19, 2015 at 7:40 PM

Speaking of books…….Hello my lovely

And now that I’ve talked everyone’s ear off, time to go read.

Michelle March 19, 2015 at 7:40 PM

I’ve been shuffling around a couple books that I just couldn’t finish but I never DNF so I usually just set them aside and get back to them after a few days. Am I the only one who thought Seducing Destiny was boring? Everything that was built up was resolved in like a chapter and then it’s finished no problems. I dunno that series has lost something for me…

Tessa, you got me thinking about The Ghostbird series and I realized I never started The Eagle Elite series which I know I will love and is in a similar vein so I’m starting that one now. Yey for taking books off my tbr instead of buying more!

Cheryl March 19, 2015 at 7:41 PM

Bev, I haven’t read Slow and Steady Rush, but I love a good sports story, so if you read it let me know. The blurb sounds good, the kind of slow buildup in a relationship that I like. *in books* ;)

Michelle March 19, 2015 at 7:43 PM

Bev, definitely on the buddy read. I bought all those historicals but I’m not in the mood right now. I’ve read Gentle Rogue and loved it but didn’t read any of the others in the series – yeah I know stupid but I remember that one in particular a while back getting rave reviews so I just jumped in.

Cheryl March 19, 2015 at 7:43 PM

Bev, that house is amazing or should I call it a library!

Michelle March 19, 2015 at 7:46 PM

Yeah crap I just looked at that house too and it’s gorgeous! Haha at the deer as scenery for your reading tranquility.

Fabi March 19, 2015 at 7:51 PM

Thanks Bev…I just drooled all over my iPad. That house!!! I’ve dream d of that house since I was a little girl. …and someone built it. I.Am.Speechless.

Amy March 19, 2015 at 8:38 PM

Okay, the books and bookshelves are great but HOLY CRAP THAT KITCHEN!!!!!! Did y’all see that island in the middle??

Bev, I hadn’t seen that book yet (the words slow and steady don’t necessarily grab my attention *snort*) but I just one-clicked it…that one looks good! :D In fact, I may start that one tonight…

bev March 19, 2015 at 8:42 PM

Your welcome, Fabi. I want that outside space to read. Have not looked at the price, views like that. I recently saw another house on there, a lot smaller, but as soon as I saw it I was like Yes, that.

No, not right away, Michelle. In the middle of Soaring and want to star Still Life by Louise Penny. Like Fabi said I started with them and so nice to be picking them up again. Sometimes helps me out of a rut too. So if no dnf do you ever skim?

Cheryl, I’ll let you know. The slow build and small town is tempting me.

Tessa March 19, 2015 at 9:41 PM

*clutches heart* Michelle, you haven’t read Eagle Elite? Yes, read it now! I absolutely loved it. Just pure love. Also, yeah! You liked Gentle Rogue. My 14 year old self approves. *grins*

I want that house. It even has a reading nook outside. Also the ocean, but Washington? Geesh, that water is going to be cold, but I honestly don’t care. I’d still jump in for a swim occasionally.

I liked Seducing Destiny, but it was a fill in the needed blanks book. I wish she hadn’t been pregnant for most of it. It lacked the action of the others. However, still liked it. It had baby fairies!

Niki March 20, 2015 at 1:59 AM

Michelle, I never finished Seducing Destiny… I read half of it and was bored which is a shame because I loved the first two. I didn’t love being in the Fairy world for the last few books.

Amy, I felt exactly how you described it!!! Just very confused!!

MichelleS March 20, 2015 at 8:00 AM

Michelle – Seducing Destiny was a DNF for me. I was nutso about the first couple in that series, so I will eventually go back an finish – but it was definitely boring.

Soaring reminds me of the very first KA book I read, Sweet Dreams. The “mature” woman, divorced, moves to a small town, meets town hottie who is an awesome dad, has a crazy ex wife… blah blah blah…. food, clothes, furniture, jewelry…. and yet, I am enjoying it!

MichelleS March 20, 2015 at 8:05 AM

WOW – I am totally in love with that house. But it needs an interior decorator. If you have a house that beautiful in that amazing location, it needs some professional decorating. Not home depot patio furniture! (I sound like a total snob.) Hey – it’ does’t belong to anyone here, so I’m good. I hope.

Jean March 20, 2015 at 8:19 AM

Bev, I want that house! It’d be so cool for us all to hang for a week there with no husbands or distractions! Lol!

OMG you guys, I’m reading Loving Mr Daniels finally and it is just want I needed right now! It has everything! Took me right out of my slump!

Surprised by all the comments about SD… that was high on my TBR list (now it’s not)!

Amy, I’m up for your challenge. I will let you know when I read SGT!

Michelle March 20, 2015 at 9:21 AM

Bev, I skim sometimes but I’m still reading mostly everything. I didn’t skim SD but I wanted to since it got to the point where I was counting pages until I was done!

Niki and MichelleS, I thought people would scream at me for saying it was boring so happy to see I wasn’t alone there! I completely agree Niki that the first two were great and then book 3 started the downward slide for me too.

Tessa, I love Elite and it’s reading fast so I read more than half in one go!

Fabi March 20, 2015 at 9:52 AM

*squeee* for Jean reading LMD.

Thanks for the feedback on SD ladies. I also had it high on my tbr list.

Michelle March 20, 2015 at 10:02 AM

Probably not all for today but I had a few minutes to kill…

How I Fall by Anne Eliot is FREE