WEDNESDAY BREAKING NEWS UPDATE!!! We found a few more super-bargains, and I’m going to start off with one that Lauren found us!! Each book in Colleen Hoover & Tarryn Fisher’s “Never Never” series is super bargain priced right now. ROCK BOTTOM!
- Never Never: Part One by Colleen Hoover & Tarryn Fisher <— my review
- Never Never: Part Two by Colleen Hoover & Tarryn Fisher
- Never Never: Part Three by Colleen Hoover & Tarryn Fisher
- Pretty Girls: A Novel by Karin Slaughter <— PSYCH THRILLER & HIGHLY RECOMMENDED on this list (and it’s on sale right now!!!)
- Curvy by Alexa Riley <— super-bargain!
- Liquid & Ash by E.M. Abel <— JUST RELEASED!!! “I had sacrificed myself for him and paid the price. By the time Brandon entered into my life, the longing in my heart had turned cold. But fate was not done with me.“
- Hustle by Ashley Claudy <— FOOTBALL STAR ALERT and it’s super-bargain priced!! He’s got an on-and-off again girlfriend but she’s falling for him… “...his popularity makes it hard to keep a low profile, something she needs to do if she doesn’t want to be pulled back into the drama of her past.“
- Nothing Personal by Jaci Burton <— SUPER-BARGAIN PRICED!! HIS GRANDFATHER’S TERMS FOR HIM TO KEEP HIS BUSINESS IS TO GET MARRIED AND HE SETS HIS SIGHTS ON HIS ASSISTANT ALERT!!… “Faith reluctantly agrees, burying the heavy crush she’s had on Ryan for years. But the shy virgin is going to have to live with, sleep with, and reveal so many secrets to the enigmatic man who sees this as a logical business deal. Faith’s been holding out for love, and that four letter word isn’t in Ryan’s vocabulary after being raised by a cold, loveless family.”
- Beneath These Chains by Meghan March <— BARGAIN PRICED!! THEY’RE FROM DIFFERENT WORLDS BUT “I was raised on the streets, so I know things are rarely as simple as they appear—especially this rich girl showing up at my pawnshop demanding a job…”
- Empire (Eagle Elite Book 7) by Rachel Van Dyken <— UP FOR PRE-ORDER (releasing May 31st 2016)
Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.
Happy new release day (and happy new month)!! Lots of new books on here, but there are a few much-loved authors amongst our group that many of us have been waiting for. Like that one there to the left. Mia Sheridan is a sure-read for me (I’ve loved quite a few of her books, and one of my forever-all-time favorites is from this series!). So I’m intrigued as to the premise of this Midnight Lily. She doesn’t give much away in her blurb at all, and that makes it even more exciting for me, because it could be ANYTHING. Either way, I know it will be emotionally loaded!
Anne: A new Mia Sheridan book?!? Yes please!
Jean: I have totally cleared my schedule and my brain for Midnight Lily! Nothing can stop me from reading it immediately upon release!
Stephanie: A new Mia Sheridan AND a new Mariana Zapata at the same time? I think I feel that “new-release-itis” coming on. *cough-cough*
That’s right Stephanie!!! Another one that I’m DYING to read… like NOW (at the same time as Midnight Lily) is Mariana Zapata’s latest brooding, grump of a sports-star (and his assistant/house-keeper/everything else) that can’t take it anymore!! YAY!! Another one that promises angst, and deep-character connection. The Wall of Winnipeg and Me sounds right up our alleys, and I get a kick out of the weird title. But it totally makes sense once you realize he’s a HUGE football player that they call “The Wall of Winnipeg” <— Ahhhhh okay, not so weird anymore. Tee hee!
DG: I love her books. Kulti is definitely a great slow burn read. Also loved Under Locke (one of my fav MC books) and Rhythm, Chord and Malykhin by Mariana Zapata. Can’t wait to read the new one! *happy dance even if it is not Friday*
Lisa: Well my one-click book diet lasted a whole week. Just grabbed Winnipeg. And Im eyeing off Sticks……love me some T Gephart. Midnight Lily and Beautiful Boss were pre-ordered so they don’t count.
Michelle: YES! I forgot about Winnipeg and it’s exactly what I want to read next
Stephanie: I’m 20% through Winnepeg and this guy is a capital J Jerk. But it’s starting to pick up so I must get back to it.
Maryse: I LOVE CAPITAL J JERKS!!!!!!!! In books. Only in books.
Cheryl: OMG you made my day Maryse, I have been impatiently waiting for The Wall of Winnipeg!!!
Of course, there’s the just released Sinner’s Creed, a new biker book by Kim Jones (and P.S. she’s a real-life old lady and her husband is in an MC!!!) so you know it will be raw and gritty… and real-ish.
And Honesty by Seth King (he’s a much loved author amongst some in our reading-crew) who’s last book ripped some heart outs, and yet BIG love for him, despite the emotional turmoil. This one sounds like it will be an M/M romance (he’s still in the closet, and his father sounds pretty mean – so I have a feeling it will be BIG TIME tumultuous!!).
Annie: Have you read any of his books Maryse? They are incredible!
Fabi: I’m going to start with a one-click for Honesty. It’s probably going to tear me apart. I’m so afraid of it, yet…I can’t resist.
MJ: If you want a beautiful book that will tear you apart and make you smile through your endless tears…The Summer Remains by Seth King.
Unbelievably amazing. He’s a young author with a true gift.
And I’ve highlighted more below!!!
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
P.P.S. Don’t have a Kindle? No problem! Amazon offers various free Kindle apps and a free Kindle Cloud reader for any and ALL of us to use. You can either use the free Kindle App for your smartphone, tablet, AND your desktop computer (just like you’re using a Kindle, but right through your web browser <— No need to download anything!)
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- Ghost Gifts by Laura Spinella
- Midnight Marked: Chicagoland Vampires, Book 12 by Chloe Neill
- Sinner’s Creed: Sinner’s Creed Series #1 by Kim Jones
- Try Not to Breathe: A Novel by Holly Seddon <— PSYCH THRILLER!
- The Gangster by Clive Cussler
- The Last Girl: The Dominion Trilogy, Book 1 by Joe Hart<— Less than 1000 women left in the world…
- The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
- Opening Belle: A Novel by Maureen Sherry
- It by Stephen King
BARGAINS & READER RECOMMENDATIONS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).
- Him by Sarina Bowen & Elle Kennedy <— MUCH LOVED M/M ROMANCE BOOK! Look what Lauren found us on sale!!! “Him by Sarina Bowen & Elle Kennedy… It’s an M/M romance with over 450 5-star reviews.” and Teri LOVED it!! “You guys! Him is such a fabulously romantic friends to lovers M/M novel. Love, love, love it. Can’t wait for the sequel. WooHoo!” (a new one is coming out next week, so I posted it in the upcoming pre-orders below)
- Secret Smile (French, Nicci) by Nicci French <— PSYCH THRILLER recommended by Sofia! “You *have* to include Nicci French in this awesome list. SECRET SMILE sends shivers down my spine now, just thinking about it. Most of the Nicci French books are psych thrillers. Love them!”
- Beautiful Boss (The Beautiful Series Book 9) by Christina Lauren <— Just released yesterday but at this price, we can certainly consider this a bargain!! Grey’s happy! “OMG!!! …*Ack* Will & Hanna, I am so incredibly excited, I can’t stand myself at the moment! I’m gonna need a note for work Maryse… I have, um… *new-release-itis* I’m a nurse… it’s a legit medical ailment… trust me! …Beautiful Boss… Oh. Em. Gee. Will & Hanna… just perfection, I’m in love.. or lust… or mmm… humina, humina.” and Cheryl agrees! “Beautiful Boss – I just love Will & Hanna. Oneclickitis is very contagious!!” LOL YOU GUYS MAKE ME LAUGH SO HARD!!!
- Every Thing Left Unsaid by Jessica Davidson <— TEAR-JERKER ALERT! This one hit Amy like a delayed ton of bricks!!
Amy: Have any of y’all ever read a book and had a “delayed reaction” to it? Like, the emotions of the book didn’t catch up with you until later, after you had gotten over any irritations or complaints you had so all you had to think about was how devastating the story actually was?
I was just thinking about a book (Things Left Unsaid or Everything Left Unsaid or something like that…I would have to look it up) where I finished it and thought, “well that hurt” but then I went on my merry way. Then the next day – gah, I remember this clearly – I was on my hands and knees in my front yard weeding when a group of adorable teenagers walked by and reminded me of the teens in the book, and BAM! Instant crying. Me, bandana wrapped around my head, in old and holey gardening sweats, crouched over in my flower bed, snot-crying, trying to use my dirty wrist to wipe off my face, getting soil in my eyes and up my nose, all while trying not to let the teens see what a freaking weirdo I was. Anyone have that kind of a delayed reaction to a book?
Maryse: Amy… my delayed reactions sometimes happen when I hear a song… and it matches the book, and THEN my emotions spill as I remember scenes…
- Along for the Ride by knightsrachel <— ssjenny recommends this one! ““Along for the Ride” by knightsrachel is one of my favorite books and it has this storyline (MC’s brother is a famous pop star and she’s forced to go on tour with him, and meets her favorite band). It’s the reason I came here looking for more. Bonus: it’s on WattPad so it’s free!”
Everything I Left Unsaid: A Novel by M. O’Keefe <— This was the one I *thought* Amy was referring to… which sounds pretty great too!
- Midnight Bites: Stories of the Morganville Vampires by Rachel Caine
- Midnight Marked: A Chicagoland Vampires Novel by Chloe Neill
- Rocked by Love (Gargoyles Series) by Christine Warren
- Ghost Gifts by Laura Spinella <— SHE CAN SEE GHOSTS…
- Her Fierce Warrior (X-Ops) by Paige Tyler
- The Incubus Job (Mission: Magic Book 1) by Diana Pharaoh Francis
- Favorite Obsession: A Multiple Shifter Paranormal Romance (Royal Pride Book 3) by Nancy Corrigan
- The Vampire’s Favorite (The Vampyr Series Book 2) by V.R. Cumming
- Trapped: A SciFi Convict Romance (The Condemned Book 1) by Alison Aimes
- Wolf Pack (Shifter Chronicles Book 5) by Crissy Smith
- Captive Heroes: Captured and Bound (Pleasure Bound Book 6) by Jan Springer
- Wolves Will Be Wolves (Wicked Ways Book 2) by JD Nelson
- The Pandora Principle (Divine Resonanace Book 1) by Noree Cosper
- Whispers (The Divided Kingdom) by Sophie H. Morgan
- Midnight Lily by Mia Sheridan <— FROM THE AUTHOR OF ARCHER’S VOICE (MIA SHERIDAN ALERT)!!!! He’s trying to get away from his life, and sees… a woman in the woods, at night! This is a standalone and sounds so intriguing… “…when a friend offers up his remote lodge in the wilds of Colorado, giving Holden some time away to get his life back on track, he can hardly say no. The last thing he expects is to see a beautiful girl in the woods—one wearing a white, lace dress who appears in the moonlight, and leaves no footprints behind…“
- The Wall of Winnipeg and Me by Mariana Zapata <— HE’S A HUGE FOOTBALL STAR & SHE’S HIS ASSISTANT/HOUSEKEEPER ALERT!! “Vanessa Mazur knows she’s doing the right thing. She shouldn’t feel bad for quitting. Being an assistant/housekeeper/fairy godmother to the top defensive end in the National Football Organization was always supposed to be temporary…” But then he asks her the unthinkable!!! *gasp*!!!!
- Come On Closer: The Harvest Cove Series by Kendra Leigh Castle
- A Covert Affair: A Deadly Ops Novel by Katie Reus
- Lost: Finding Solace trilogy book 1 by Barbara Speak
- A Glimmer of Hope: A Novella Prequel to Isle of Hope by Julie Lessman
- I Knew You Were Trouble by Vera Roberts
- Burning Choice (Trevor’s Harem Book 3) by Aubrey Parker
- Every Vow She Breaks (Who’s Watching Now) by Jannine Gallant
- If We Were A Movie (Power of the Matchmaker) by Kelly Oram <— HE’S A TRIPLET & HIS NEW COLLEGE ROOMMATE IS A GIRL... “Nate learns how to deal with his new adult life using Hollywood films as a guide…”
- Temptation (The Billionaire’s Seduction Book 4) by Cali MacKay
- The Rain Sparrow (A Honey Ridge Novel) by Linda Goodnight
- Fight to the Finish: First to Fight by Jeanette Murray
- Dangerous to Know: an unbroken heroes novel by Dawn Ryder
- Never Stop Falling by Ashley Drew <— BEST FRIENDS FOR YEARS AND NOW BECOMING MORE BUT… “…the moment they take that irrevocable leap, a shocking revelation blindsides Corinne, exposing her vulnerabilities, baring her fears, and shattering her beliefs about love. With their future—and more importantly, their friendship—now clouded in doubt, she must decide if love is really worth the risk…“
- Lost In Mr. Parks (The Park Series Book 3) by Lilly James
- Deliverance (The Maverick Defense Series Book 1) by L A Cotton
- Compromised (Alpha Ops) by Emmy Curtis
- Until It’s Right by Jamie Howard <— SHE’S TEXTING THE WRONG GUY ALERT!! “…she’s convinced she’s met Mr. Perfect. But when he accidentally gives her the wrong number, the stranger on the other end of her texts becomes her confidant…“
- The Darling Songbirds by Rachael Herron
- His to Keep (Beauty and the Brit) by Terri Austin
- Mackenzie’s Mountain by Linda Howard
- The SEAL’s Rebel Librarian: An Alpha Ops Novella by Anne Calhoun
- Gash (The Skulls Book 13) by Sam Crescent <— BIKER BOOK!
- Sinner’s Creed (A Sinner’s Creed Novel) by Kim Jones <— BIKER BOOK ALERT/ENFORCER FOR AN MC & NAIVE GIRL and… “...ever since she was seventeen she’s been drawn to this dark and mysterious man who always seemed to show up just when she needed him. After years of fated encounters, he’s back. This time he’s taking her…“
- Exposed: A Madame X Novel by Jasinda Wilder <— JASINDA WILDER ALERT!!
- One Texas Cowboy Too Many (Burnt Boot, Texas) by Carolyn Brown
- Burning Proof (Cold Case Justice Book 2) by Janice Cantore
- Promise Me the Stars: A Hearts of Harkness Romance (The Standish Clan Book 3) by Norah Wilson <— SINGLE-MOM CHEF JUST GOT FIRED BECAUSE OF HER DAUGHTER’S ANTICS… “When April comes to Harkness to retrieve Sid, she does so in a car packed with all her worldly possessions, having been fired from her position over her daughter’s behavior. When Scott realizes her predicament, he offers her domestic employment…“
- The Duchess Contest: A Jet City Billionaire Serial Romance (The Billionaire Duke Series Book 2) by Gina Robinson
- Divine Conspiracy (The Divine Series Book 1) by Rose Hudson
- Chaos (Phoenix Undercover Book 2) by C.A. Harms
- The Seventh Hour (Love Endures) by Grace Livingston Hill
- Return to Silver Bay by Lara Van Hulzen
- Honesty by Seth King <— SETH KING ALERT!! And I think this is M/M romance!!! It sounds amazing… ”As a closeted teenager in the Deep South with a holy-roller father and the scars to prove it, bookworm Cole Furman has resigned himself to experiencing life and love only within the pages of his favorite novels. But after Nick Flores seems to walk off a page and starts to rewrite his story, Cole finds his dreams spinning into a dazzling – and complicated – reality…“
- Taylor Maid by Tara Lain <— M/M ROMANCE
- All Fall Down (Student Bodies Book 5) by Pandora Pine <— M/M ROMANCE
- Spanked In The Woodshed (Bend Over Series Book 3) by Brina Brady <— M/M ROMANCE
- Deep Deliverance (The Deep Series) by Z.A. Maxfield <— M/M ROMANCE
- Finding Their Balance (Neighborly Affection) by M.Q. Barber
- Quimby Pond by Bruce Judisch
- Talon (The Uncompromising Series Book 1) by Sybil Bartel
- Heartbreak Homestead (Hearts of the Outback Book 2) by Susanne Bellamy
- From Scratch by C.E. Hilbert <— PASTRY CHEF & A COP ALERT! Plus, he’s her new landlord…
- Trust Me (Rough Love Book 3) by Annabel Joseph <— DARK ROMANCE ALERT!! TRILOGY CONCLUSION… NOT a standalone but sounds like a dark romance!! “…there are a lot of things he doesn’t allow, more than she ever imagined in her torrid fantasies. Life under Price’s control is an adjustment, and sometimes a nightmare. It’s not long before she realizes she’s in way over her head…” (Here’s book #1: Torment Me (Rough Love Book 1)
- Kidnapped by the Billionaire (Nine Circles) by Jackie Ashenden
- Scoring at Love (Men of the Ice Book 4) by Michele Shriver
- Missing Summer: Part One by E. N. Hudgins
- Breaking Bones (Mariani Crime Family Series Book 2) by Amanda Washington
- Inceptive (The Deceptive Series Book 3) by M.D. Melai & C.S. Leigh
- Mistaken Identity by Stephanie Nicole Norris
- Betrayed By Blood: (The Betrayed Series Book 1) by Victoria Renteria
- Eyes Open: Finding Home Series Book Two by Rachel Caid
- Forbidden Enticement by Steffy Rogers <— SHE’S A PORN STAR (in secret) BUT HER DAY-JOB BOSS DOESN’T KNOW… “He doesn’t know about the alter ego I slip into once a week. My porn name Cassidy Wilder remains a secret to him and I’m determined to keep Nash Ross out of the loop for as long as I can. I’m Heaven McDaniels and this is my story.“
- Nobody Knows by Rebecca Barber
- Joi and Payne by Sheila L. Jackson
- Just This Night: An Exclusive Romance by Mari Madison <— SINGLE FATHER NEWS CAMERAMAN AND A NEWS REPORTER ALERT! But before they started working together, they had a one night stand as strangers… “…things get awkward when her anonymous hookup turns out to be her newest colleague. Now they must put their attraction behind them and find a way to work together.“
- Pas de Deux: Part Two (A Cross and Pointe Novel Book 2) by Wynter S.K.
- Someone Else’s Love Letter by Deborah Blumenthal
- Bind Me: Absolution part three by Sophia Scarlet
- No Place Like Home (The Coming Home Series) by Jennifer Kacey
- Raw Silk by Lisabet Sarai
- Confessions in the Dark by Jeanette Grey <— BROODING GRUMPY NEIGHBOR ALERT! “Gruff, secretive, and coiled with tension that begs for release, Cole is too intriguing for Serena to resist. The English accent and brooding brown eyes don’t hurt, either…“
- Every Vow She Breaks (Who’s Watching Now) by Noelle Fox
- All At Sea: Finding Sweet Love Book 1 (Finding Sweet Love Series) by Tracey Pedersen
- When Will Knocks at Your Door (Meaningful Suspense Series Book 2) by Sandy Appleyard
- Meet Me in the Middle by Eryn Scott
PRE-ORDERS (next couple of days AND next week’s)
- Whiskey Neat (The Uncertain Saints MC Book 1) by Lani Lynn Vale - March 3rd 2016
- LAST HEARTBREAK (A Romance Novel) by H.M. Ward - March 7th 2016
- Never Too Late by Sloan Johnson - March 7th 2016
- Tyrant (Scars of the Wraiths Book 2) by Nashoda Rose - March 7th 2016
- Late Fall by Noelle Adams - March 7th 2016
- Fire Touched: A Mercy Thompson Novel by Patricia Briggs - March 8th 2016
- Phantom Lover by Sherrilyn Kenyon - March 8th 2016
- Us (Him Book 2) by Sarina Bowen & Elle Kennedy - March 8th 2016
- Rough Rhythm: A Made In Jersey Novella (1001 Dark Nights) by Tessa Bailey - March 8th 2016
- Marked In Flesh: A Novel of the Others by Anne Bishop - March 8th 2016
- RYDER (Slater Brothers Book 4) by L.A. Casey - March 8th 2016
- Jackson’s Trust: A Fourth Down Novel by Violet Duke - March 8th 2016
- The Drew + Fable Series 4-Book Bundle: One Week Girlfriend, Second Chance Boyfriend, Three Broken Promises, Four Years Later (One Week Girlfriend Quartet) by Monica Murphy - March 8th 2016
- Because (Seven Year Itch Book 4) by Jennifer Foor - March 14th 2016
- The Darkest Prison (Lords of the Underworld) by Gena Showalter – March 14th 2016
- Hawke: A Cold Fury Hockey Novel (Carolina Cold Fury Hockey) by Sawyer Bennett – March 15th 2016
- Asking for More by Lilah Pace - March 15th 2016
- Property of a Noblewoman: A Novel by Danielle Steele - March 15th 2016
- Phoenix Reborn: An Alpha Pack Novella by J.D. Tyler - March 15th 2016
- Pushing the Limits: Beyond the Cage by Jennifer Snow – March 15th 2016
- It’s All Relative by S.C. Stephens - March 15th 2016
- The Confessions: An Original Sinners Collection by Tiffany Reisz - March 15th 2016
- Curtis (Coyote Ridge Book 1) by Nicole Edwards – March 15th 2016
- Dark Promises (Carpathian) by Christine Feehan – March 16th 2016
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).