Latest Paranormal & Contemporary Romance Book Releases – March 3rd 2015

by Maryse on March 3, 2015 · 149 comments

Happy NEW BOOK RELEASE day my friends!! So many to get excited over, and I’m still overly-excited over last week’s releases. ;)  Okay so… I got REALLY wrapped up in “The Deal” over the weekend (5 stars my friends!!!!), and SO many of you are loving it as much as I did. I AM THRILLED! Just look at these fellow happy readers :D :

Tracie: Maryse I friggin LOVE your review…it’s exactly how I felt while reading this book. I wanted to shout from the rooftops how awesome it was and for everyone to read it. Elle Kennedy knocked this one out the park and I can’t wait for more!

Kim: Totally LOVED this book!!! I swear I couldn’t breathe when I read the locker room scene I was laughing so hard I made my husband read that part

Maryse’s Book Blog: Thank you Tracie!!! That book was simply awesome. One of the easiest reviews I’ve ever written. You guys were all SO RIGHT!!!! So many funny parts, Kim but that locker scene just got better and better… this author is HILARIOUS.

Stephanie: Just finished reading it!!!! I loved it and the locker room scene too…..LOL!!!! I just read it TOO fast!!!!!!

Jessica: Im reading The Deal now and loving it!

But I still have to read the other book that was tempting me BIG time (Fighting Silence (On The Ropes Book 1) <— have you SEEN the reviews for this one? INSANE!! So it’s the one I’m starting next. As soon as I finish this post, in fact.

BUT!!! These are making me so antsy to try ‘em now: I’ll Meet You There (HIGHLY recommended by Erin – she’s stuck in her small town, and his leg was blown off overseas… they end up working together), Becoming Rain (she’s undercover but falls of her bad guy), Missing Pieces (sounds unputdownable, I think dystopian and kinda crazy! They want to be friends, but have already been promised to others OR ELSE!!!), With Every Heartbeat (sounds like our kind of angsty tumultuous romance! She falls for him when she goes shopping with him for an engagement ring… not for her), and OMG Need (’cause it’s got that OH NOOOOO angle to it. Forbiddeny!) and so many more. Single mothers and mechanics, or single mothers and moody neighbors, or cops stuck taking care of an uptight women having a wild night) etc etc… I noted ‘em all below. SO MANY look good!

Oh!!! And this month’s pre-order…??? Check ‘em out below. J.R. Ward, Colleen Hoover & Kylie Scott just to name a few. This month is gonna rock!

P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).

P.P.S. Don’t have a Kindle? No problem! Amazon offers various free Kindle apps and a free Kindle Cloud reader for any and ALL of us to use. You can either use the free Kindle App for your smartphone, tablet, AND your desktop computer (just like you’re using a Kindle, but right through your web browser <— No need to download anything! :D )

P.P.P.S. Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).

(NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).

AUDIOBOOK BARGAINS (if you already have the Kindle ebook these are INCREDIBLY bargain priced!!! Like… e-book bargain priced!!!) PLUS check out the free audible trial + 2 free ebooks deal

• Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
  • Angelfall: Penryn & the End of Days, Book 1 by Susan Ee <— one of my favorite author’s FAVORITE book!! And it’s bargain priced BIG time if you already have the Kindle version.
  • Love in Rewind: Audio Fools, Book 1 by Tali Alexander <— HUGELY popular one that’s super-cheap in audiobook format if you already have the Kindle version. SO many of our fellow readers went nuts for this book and Lee said: “…swear to god.. I did NOT see the twist .. I knew something was coming, but from all the scenarios I had envisioned the real thing was above and beyond.. I literally screamed -noooo!!! to my kindle ..
  • Beauty and the Mustache: A Philosophical Romance, Knitting in the City, Volume 4 by Penny Reid <— Funny and soooo good! (my review)
  • Drowning Instinct by Ilsa J. Bick <— Student-teacher and this one had that awesome tension! (my review)
  • Push by Claire Wallis <— psych thriller romance and it’s AWESOME!!! (my review)
  • Twist Me by Anna Zaires <— DARK READ ALERT!!! (my review)
  • Bullet to the Heart: No Mercy, Book 1 by Lea Griffith <— DARK READ ALERT and I hear this one is aweeeeesome. It’s HIGH on my TBR list and maybe just maybe, I should listen to it instead. ;) Georgia says: “Just started Bullet to the Heart and it already has me pulled in that I stopped reading another book it is absolutely amazing…” and Victoria agrees: “Bullet to the Heart made me realize as much as I love a damsel in distress, reading about a heroine that kicks serious ass totally ROCKS!”
  • No Turning Back: Kathleen Turner, Book 1 by Tiffany Snow <— HUGELY popular series with our crew, and pretty much the entire series is bargain priced in audi, if you already have the Kindle version!!
  • Fixed on You by Laurelin Paige <— This one, too!
  • After Hours by Cara McKenna <— ONE OF MY FAVORITES!!!! (my review)

E-BOOK BARGAINS

• I’ll Meet You There by Heather Demetrios <— Erin found us this one saying: “Maryse, you have to check this one out. It’s a must read!” Oh Erin it sounds wonderful!!! “Skylar can taste the freedom–that is, until her mother loses her job and everything starts coming apart. Torn between her dreams and the people she loves, Skylar realizes everything she’s ever worked for is on the line. Nineteen-year-old Josh Mitchell had a different ticket out of Creek View: the Marines. But after his leg is blown off in Afghanistan, he returns home, a shell of the cocksure boy he used to be. What brings Skylar and Josh together is working at the Paradise–a quirky motel off California’s dusty Highway 99…

Kathy: Erin, I’m loving!!

Erin: I thought this one had your name all over it. How far are you?

Kathy: I’m at 41%. Really love the writing!

Andrea: I’m reading this one right now, so far I’m really liking it!

Erin: I know it’s so good. I truly loved it.

• Complete Submission: (The Submission Series, Books 1-8) by C.D. Reiss <— The entire series BUNDLED at a rock bottom price!!
  • What If by Rebecca Donovan <— ON SUPER-SALE! Ooooh mysterious!! :D “Cal Logan is shocked to see Nicole Bentley sitting across from him at a coffee shop thousands of miles from their hometown. After all, no one has seen or heard from her since they graduated over a year ago. Except this girl isn’t Nicole…” (thanks Kat!!!)
  • Eternal Bachelors Club (Books 1 – 3) by Tina Folsom <— entire series bundled at a rock bottom price! (thanks Aimee!!)
  • Bared to You (Crossfire, Book 1) by Sylvia Day <— ON SALE!!! Yes it is! One of my classic “indie” favorites (although it is SO far from being indie, now! ;) ) Here’s my review.
  • Going the Distance by Julianna Keyes <— Sounds great!! They are both hiding something… “Olivia Clarke’s fall from pretty, perfect, and popular happened in an instant. With her life in tatters, she impulsively accepts a teaching job in the small city of Lazhou, China. Three months in, she’s ready to admit she made a huge mistake. She doesn’t speak Mandarin, the teachers at her school refuse to include her in anything, and she spends her nights watching counterfeit DVDs in her twin bed. Alone. Jarek McLean is a loner. He’s not looking for friends, and he’s definitely not looking for love. The former army interrogator now works as a carpenter for a small construction company rebuilding a travel office in Lazhou. When he meets Olivia he knows immediately she’s too wholesome to be his type, but when he discovers the pretty kindergarten teacher is hiding a secret, his inquisitive side rears its nosy head and demands answers.
  • The Mathews Family Series Box Set by Beverly Preston <— entire series bundled at a rock bottom price!
  • Irrevocable by Skye Callahan <— DARK READ! Aimee found us this one super-bargain priced and it sounds SO good!!
  • Lifers by Jane Harvey-Berrick <— Aimee and Shell found us this rock-bottom bargain!
  • Hold by Claire Kent <—- PRISONER ALERT!! Oooooh you guys this one sounds AWESOME!! It’s like sic-fi our futuristic or dystopian or something. She gets sent to a prison and  chooses to befriend the baddest man there for protection… “Find the strongest man there. Give yourself to him in return for protection. It’s the only way you’ll ever survive. Convicted of a minor crime, Riana is sentenced to a prison planet—a dark primitive hold filled with convicts vying for power. Her only chance of survival is with Cain, a mysterious loner who has won his territory in the prison through intelligence and brute strength. Sex is all she has to offer, so she uses it. She’s under no delusions here. No one is ever released, and no one ever escapes. Survival is all she can hope for—until Cain. “
  • Black Falcon: Complete Series Collection by Michelle A. Valentine <— JL found us this one!! WHAT. A. DEAL!!! The entire series bundled at a ROCK BOTTOM price!!!

PARANORMAL

CONTEMPORARY

PRE-ORDERS

Tracy March 3, 2015 at 9:33 AM

Maryse – I completely agree about The Deal. I can’t put it down and just loving Garrett. I don’t want it to end!

Michelle March 3, 2015 at 9:45 AM

It’s HERE! It’s heerrrrreeeeeee!

Maryse March 3, 2015 at 10:02 AM

Best book of the year, so far Tracy (for me at least!!)

bev March 3, 2015 at 10:48 AM

So pretty. I just keep looking at the covers. Not sure which to start with Vision in Silver or Who Buries the Dead. Pretty pretty books.

Oh, I bought Going the Distance a few weeks ago. I started hearing buzz about her in a couple different places so grabbed that one as small town in China. I hear her heroes can be aholes. Do like the cover.
Kylie Scott & KA this month too?

Maryse March 3, 2015 at 11:19 AM

LOL bev.. “myyyyy precioussssss….”

I do like a-hole heroes. In books. ONLY IN BOOKS. And yep… this month’s releases are looking crazy good.

Jean March 3, 2015 at 11:52 AM

Haha bev, you were so excited about the releases, and now you can only stare at the covers! Lol!

So many books today and great releases for the month of March! I’m in a book funk since reading The Deal and Fighting Silence this weekend…..ugh, what to read next?!?!

bev March 3, 2015 at 12:04 PM

Jean lol. I was able to read a bit but now have to put away for the next 8 or so hours.
Oh and because you did ask………Eleanor and Park!

Michelle, Tessa, MichelleS, Niki, etc etc ……..the first scene between Meg & Simon is so sweet. “Scritch behind the ear” lol.

bev March 3, 2015 at 12:10 PM

Maryse, lol I still feel that way. You and Jean so need to come play with us.

Shell March 3, 2015 at 12:22 PM

‘Two truths and a lie’ by Ashley Stoyanoff $0.99
‘Lifers’ by Jane Harvey Berrick $0.99
‘Maybe’ by Amber L Johnson. $0.99

‘Conviction’ by Lesley Jones ( author of Carnage) is also released today.

Jean March 3, 2015 at 12:22 PM

Know what bev, you are on! I know you guys wouldn’t steer me wrong and I need a definite winner! Eleanor and Park! Starting on my lunch hour! Enjoy your new releases!

Laura March 3, 2015 at 12:44 PM

OMG!!!! The shadows (which I forgot about (will ask book Dom to be spanked for that)) and deep out on the same day man I’m going to have to take a day off from life do u think hubby and child will let me?

Kathy P March 3, 2015 at 12:54 PM

Needing Moore, the boxed set by Julie Richman is on sale for .99 today.

Amy March 3, 2015 at 1:55 PM

There is a book coming out in May by L.B. Simmons called Under the Influence and I. Can’t. Wait! From the blurb: “I loved you. I raged for you. I wept for you. And now, I’m letting you go.” GAHHHHH! Just that part alone has my heartache meter going crazy! *happy dance*

Okay, The 27 Club has me intrigued..the blurb is kinda vague and odd but I wanna read it. Missing Pieces, I’ll Meet You There, The End of All Things Beautiful and Fire Down Below are all getting one-clicked. And Need…how perfect does that one sound?!?

Amy March 3, 2015 at 1:56 PM

Jean is gonna read Eleanor & Park!! YAY!!!! :D

Fabi March 3, 2015 at 1:58 PM

I’m staying up all night on March 31st. J.R. Ward releases The Shadows (Black Dagger Brotherhood series) which I’d have to dead not to read immediately. LOVE her gritty writing.
AND
Peter Brett releases The Skull Throne (The Demon Cycle Series Book 4). Fantasy fans rejoice! This is a mind warping, addictive, dark fantasy the likes of which I’ve never come across before.

I wouldn’t care if those books were priced at hundreds of dollars each. They would still be preorders for me so I could have them at 12:01 AM on release day.
OK
…back to ignoring the work around me *reading The Deal*

Niki March 3, 2015 at 2:29 PM

Yay!!!! I’m so happy Vision in Silver is finally here!!! I was also just staring at the cover for the longest time too Bev… It’s just so pretty!!! I’m reading The Deal at the moment and it’s really good!

I have an interesting sounding one for your list Maryse: Two Truths and a Lie by Ashley Stoyanoff sounds pretty good! Happy reading everyone:)

Fabi March 3, 2015 at 2:30 PM

Oh oh oh ! M. Pierce releases After Dark on 3/24. Another pre-order for me. March just became my favorite month of the year.

bev March 3, 2015 at 2:47 PM

Jean, fingers crossed you like it.

Shane March 3, 2015 at 2:59 PM

Loved “The Deal” waiting for one to top that. Can’t wait for “Deep” by Kylie Scott. I am still debating if I want to read Thoughtful. I didn’t like Reckless, it was long and Kiera is really so annoying with the whole innocent thing yet she is banging him two feet from his band mates…

Christine March 3, 2015 at 4:47 PM

I’m interested in the audio book scan, but I couldn’t get the link to work.

Tessa March 3, 2015 at 4:52 PM

*Squee*

That’s all.

Tessa March 3, 2015 at 4:55 PM

Well, thought it was all. JA Huss’ omnibus Come and Come Back is on sale 0.99

Fabi March 3, 2015 at 5:27 PM

I ran my phone battery down to nothing reading The Deal so I had to do a quick switch to my iPad.

Michelle March 3, 2015 at 5:34 PM

LOL Tessa, I guess we are incapable of forming words today with all the good releases!

What’s everyone going with today? I’m getting back to Dead Heat tonight. I can’t really comment since I didn’t get far but I’m happy for any Charles and Anna fix!

Beverly A. March 3, 2015 at 5:53 PM

Loved With Evey Heartbeat by Linda Kage. Her whole Forbidden Men series is just great!

Tessa March 3, 2015 at 5:57 PM

Reading Dead Heat first. Anna and Charles together are just so sweet.

MichelleS March 3, 2015 at 6:09 PM

Bev – you are a tease! I have to finish The Deal first (it’s Maryse’s favorite book of the year, this is big stuff). THEN I get to read all about meg and Simon. And I will NOT be tempted to peek at chapter one!!!

Angela Dettloff March 3, 2015 at 6:16 PM

Fyi – Rock (Hard Rock Harlots #4) by Kendall Grey released today and Arsen by Mia Asher just released on audio book today for $4.99!

Linda March 3, 2015 at 7:30 PM

Oh Beverly A. Just one clicked With Every Heartbeat!! I agree the Forbidden Men series is outstanding. Loved To Professor, With Love! So happy you love the latest in this series. This author is one of my automatic go to!!

Maryse March 3, 2015 at 7:36 PM

Where y’all at with The Deal?? !!!! :D My mom finished it and loved it, and my aunt is reading it and LOVING it!

Maryse March 3, 2015 at 7:38 PM

*gasp* Christine! Okay lemme check it and fix. :D BRB.

Maryse March 3, 2015 at 7:49 PM

Okay Christine, it’s working now!! :D

Amy March 3, 2015 at 8:25 PM

Shane, if you already don’t like Keira then you might despise her after seeing things from his POV. *I* didn’t hate Keira in Thoughtless and understood her predicament (of her own doing mind you, but it still sucked seven ways from Sunday for her), though if I hadn’t read her side first then I would have hated her after seeing how things seemed from his POV. Just my two cents. ;)

MichelleS March 3, 2015 at 8:27 PM

According to my Kindle, Maryse, I have an hour left of The Deal. So great so far. The dialogue is just so natural, and you know I am all about the dialogue.

This has been an expensive day for me: Patricia Briggs and The Others novel alone = 20 bucks! At least I have a little while before the next BDB comes out. Yay Urban Fantasy Fans!! We have some great reads ahead.

And Colleen Hoover just in time for Spring Break? Hot da#m. I’m going to go blind. No time for breathing.

MichelleS March 3, 2015 at 8:29 PM

Maryse – don’t forget about Kyland… he may have been shelved due to all the greatness that has been on your Kindle lately, but I am SURE you’d fall in love with him and their story. And…. you’re on a roll… why not add one more?

Amy March 3, 2015 at 8:30 PM

I’m only at 15% of The Deal right now ’cause stupid life got in the way and I ended up running errands instead of reading. Booooo! But I am so hooked already. So. Freaking. Hooked. Like a fish (any of y’all say something about tuna and it’s gonna get ugly ’round here :P ). Tonight may be one of those times where I spend most of the night reading instead of sleeping. *pshh* Who needs sleep??

Amy March 3, 2015 at 8:32 PM

And she still has to read Eleanor & Park!

Um, I’ll just go mind my own business now and finish cooking supper… *points toward kitchen* ;)

bev March 3, 2015 at 8:38 PM

Amy, ♥♥♥ for saying that for me. I just ran in to buy a microwave dinner. Chicken tikki marsala, cause reading Bollywood Affair. I didn’t want to take time to cook, lol.

MichelleS, hurry and then start Vision in Silver. Um……to bossy? I’m under 10% will read some on commute home now,.but not that far ahead.

bev March 3, 2015 at 8:40 PM

Jean? How is it going?

Christine March 3, 2015 at 9:02 PM

Thank you! That is one handy tool! The audible costs average $1.99-2.99. Not too bad!

Fabi March 3, 2015 at 9:27 PM

This was my my most recent update Maryse:
@ 60% through “The Deal”: Cannot rip, peel, or otherwise dislodge myself from the pages of this book….
Good lord woman, you sure know how to pick ‘em!

Fabi March 3, 2015 at 9:30 PM

*gasp* MichelleS, I almost forgot about Colleen Hoover’s book coming out. *runs screaming back to Amazon*

Maryse March 3, 2015 at 9:32 PM

YAY FABI!!! :D

Maryse March 3, 2015 at 9:33 PM

YAY Christine!! It’s awesome, isn’t it? I’ll be using that one frequently… nifty little gadget. ;)

Maryse March 3, 2015 at 9:33 PM

bev, I do that too! Make foods according to what I’m reading. LOL!

Fabi March 3, 2015 at 9:35 PM

Maryse just tried the audible tool. It’s awesome. Thank you!

Stella March 3, 2015 at 9:47 PM

I have like a quarter left of “THE DEAL” & i have to say that I really do love it and I’m sad that I’ll be finishing it soon. Thanks for the recommendation Maryse! Your review is spot on!
Has anyone read “FIRE DOWN BELOW” yet? I read it on Sunday and I thought it was going to be absolutely hilarious and that I would love it…but I have to say that I was really disappointed. Yes there were a few parts that were funny but maybe I was expecting more. I really just didn’t enjoy it at all. Has anyone else has that experience as well? Or is it just me?

Cheryl March 3, 2015 at 11:17 PM

Just finished The Good Girl, was an overdue library book. Was a good thriller, with some twists, but now I’m feeling the need for something lighthearted. *arms crossed in frustration*

Wish I hadn’t already read The Deal because that would have been perfect right now.

Any suggestions??

bev March 3, 2015 at 11:26 PM

Well, that just got dark and sad.

Rosheen March 4, 2015 at 3:12 AM

Thanks for the long list of recommendations. A long long time ago I read the earlier version of Hold by Claire Kent (under a different pen name, which has now been revised) the story was strong and good then even though it was short and confronting). I have just one clicked the new version.

Shell March 4, 2015 at 3:33 AM

I randomly picked to read ‘Hero’ by Samantha Young, don’t know if any of you girls have read it, I am half way through and I am loving it. It’s a millionaire romance and written really well with really likeable characters.

Linda March 4, 2015 at 6:50 AM

Stella I totally agree with you on Fire Down Below. At first it was really funny but only got about 25% in and decided enough is enough already!! Maybe I acted prematurely but I requested refund! Oh well on to With Every Heartbeat for me!!

Cheryl March 4, 2015 at 8:08 AM

Stella and Linda, I read Fire Down Below when it was a fanfiction. I didn’t finish it either. Started off somewhat funny, but just too weird!!

Jean March 4, 2015 at 8:55 AM

Hey Bev, didn’t get to read much last night. I’m at 33%. It’s really sweet so far. I am loving Park and loved the whole bus development….. the slow and gradual connection… And poor Eleanor…. sigh…. Boss is out this morning so hoping to get in a couple chapters…lol!

And seriously hoping for a snow day tomorrow!! (*praying to the snow Gods*)

Jean March 4, 2015 at 9:29 AM

Btw bev, loved all the talk about the comics especially X-Men! And I just finished reading their “first phone call”…..awwwww!!!!! I hope this doesn’t have a sad ending!

bev March 4, 2015 at 10:58 AM

Jean, big smile. So glad you are liking it. I think I’ve said it before but that they read together before talking made the reader in me swoon.

Jean March 4, 2015 at 11:35 AM

Ugh bev, I made it to 42% before my damn boss showed up! Just when I don’t want to put it down!!!! Oh, and I really like Park’s mom!!!

Amy March 4, 2015 at 11:36 AM

Jean…I loved that about E&P too, how they slowly started connecting even before they were actually talking. Bev described it perfectly when she said it was sweet with some bitter in it…namely Eleanor’s situation. That poor sweet girl. I’m so glad you’re liking it! :D

Bev…I had chicken marsala for supper last night as well! Although, I did add too much marsala wine to the sauce so it came out more sweet than it should have. :? Okay, *what* was the tikki part in yours?

bev March 4, 2015 at 11:59 AM

Sorry Amy that should of been masala. Of course mine was a frozen one not sure how authentic, lol. I’m curious about Indian food but cautious as I do not like spicy. Plus small town does not equal a lot of Indian restraunts. I did see a crockpot version on the kitchn and may try.

bev March 4, 2015 at 12:03 PM

Still not far in Vision. I just got over chest cold and now a head cold. So reading slow. And none of Jean’s snow it looks like spring and 60/70. It’s ridiculous to have a cold, lol. So slow but more time today.
Do not feel like shopping but so tempted to make chicken soup.

Fabi March 4, 2015 at 12:12 PM

Aww Bev, hope you feel better soon. I know a lot of people get sick when the weather changes, even when it changes for the better. :-(

Tessa March 4, 2015 at 12:26 PM

You know how most books have that one quote that sums things up? Usually, it’s something I toll my eyes at or gloss over, no heart strings tugged. Dead Heat just reduced me to rears with a quote that said everything about the main male, Charles. **Not a spoiler**

“You know that, right?”she said. “Most people stay out of your way, but the defenseless ones, the hurt ones, they just sort of gradually slide into your shadow. Not where you’ll notice them too much—but you keep the bad things away.”

He still didn’t say anything. She buttoned her jeans and then took the two steps to press against him. “We know,”she whispered to him. “We who have been hurt, we know what evil looks like. We know you make us safe.”

He didn’t say anything, but his arms came around her and she knew that she had told him something he didn’t know—and that it mattered.

*sniffles* And this is why I like Charles and Anna more than Adam and Mercy.

Tessa March 4, 2015 at 12:27 PM

*hugs* Get better soon, Bev. And get some chicken soup at least from a can to make you feel better.

Michelle March 4, 2015 at 12:43 PM

I am so with you Tessa on loving Charles and Anna more because of moments like this and there are quite a few in the book too that are so touching (75% ugh my heart). I finished last night and loved it! Now if ViS lives up to the hype and wait, I will be one happy reader!

bev March 4, 2015 at 1:00 PM

Thank you, ladies.

Michelle, lol. I’ll maybe be at 50% of my first book by the time you finish both of yours. And I’m assuming Tessa is not far behind.

bev March 4, 2015 at 1:08 PM

One thing from the book I have to share cause made me laugh. Simon call two human children pups. They correct him and say they are kids

He eyed Robert and Sarah with more interest. “Little humans can shift into young goats?” Kids were tasty. Would human-turned-goat taste different from goat-goat?

I love that it is funny and dark.

Shane March 4, 2015 at 1:14 PM

Tessa, who is the author for Dead Heat? Thank you Amy, I loved the first two books but Reckless just dragged on, to a point where I was just reading it to finish it. I am one of those, I have to finish every book I start no matter how bad it is. I want to read Thoughtful because I love guys POV and Kellan, oh how I worship thee!! Maryse, can you please recommend book with guys POV. I love this site and you guys are so cool! I feel like I am in a book club, so awesome!!!

Tessa March 4, 2015 at 1:16 PM

Hahaha. That’s funny. Simon is naturally dark. That’s why he is great.

I’m at 67% of Dead Heat at this point, and I am loving it.

Jean March 4, 2015 at 1:18 PM

Awww, feel better bev! 50% of E&P!!!!

Amy March 4, 2015 at 1:48 PM

Hope you feel better soon Bev. Echinacea tea with some honey and chicken soup are my go-to’s when sick. ;) And that recipe…YUM!!

Shane, I know you asked Maryse but I have a tendency to jump in uninvited (gotta love these ladies for putting up with me!) soooo here’s my rec…Transcendence by Shay Savage!!! Don’t let the whole caveman thing keep you away from the book. It. Is. Incredible. I wish I could read it again for the first time.

Shane March 4, 2015 at 1:55 PM

Thanks Amy. Just bought it, now I have 12 TBR but hey, I am sooooo happy, you know that excited feeling, can’t wait to start a new book feeling!! Please send me more names when you can. Enjoy hump day guys.

Fabi March 4, 2015 at 2:11 PM

Shane, if you haven’t already read it, Surviving Raine by Shay Savage, was one of my top five reads of 2014 and has such a unique male POV that all you feel is “her” reactions. Incredible book.

Shane March 4, 2015 at 2:15 PM

I read that one Fabi loved it!!!

Tessa March 4, 2015 at 2:16 PM

Sorry Shane. I totally missed the question. Dead Heat is by Patricia Briggs. Its number 4 of her Alpha and Omega series. It’s based in her Mercy Thompson world, but these two just melt my heart. I got to that 75% and yeah, heart tug. If you want to try it, the anthology is only $2.99, or the library usually has her books. That’s where I discovered the Mercy series. :-D

Michelle March 4, 2015 at 2:27 PM

Tessa, tears so unexpected at 75% right…I melted into a puddle. There is a tie in to the title of the book at 84% but I was not getting the meaning in the bigger picture…when you get there, why do you think that’s the title after that explanation?

Fabi March 4, 2015 at 2:30 PM

Tessa, what do mean the anthology is $2.99? Is that a set of the first 3 books in the series?

Shane March 4, 2015 at 2:36 PM

Thanks Tessa

Michelle March 4, 2015 at 2:36 PM

Bev, I want to jump right into ViS but I squirreled another book that I want to finish first before I forget what was going on and then I will start ViS probably still tonight…because yeah when it’s good I burn through the pages. I love how the whole thought process and reactions for the others is totally novel and yes dark but so fascinating. Ok no more talk about it or I will squirrel again haha

Michelle March 4, 2015 at 2:37 PM

I think she means the On the Prowl book where you get a taste of the Alpha and Omega series before book 1 bundled with other authors.

Jean March 4, 2015 at 2:41 PM

Amy, that’s a great recommendation for Shane! Shane, 12 books on your TBR? Look out hanging with us…… I’m up to 600 and I know Amy tops that with a 4-digit number!!!!! It’s all good! Welcome to our happy reading group!

Liz March 4, 2015 at 2:42 PM

Thanks for the mention of my Love Brewing new release!
cheers
Liz

Tessa March 4, 2015 at 2:48 PM

Um… That is an odd reason. I’m going to finish it and see if it makes more sense. Currently at 86%. I think I know who did it, and kinda predicted that person at the first interview, but we’ll see.

Shane March 4, 2015 at 2:49 PM

Aye! Thanks Jean. Looking forward since I have a minor panic attack when I have less than ten TBR

Tessa March 4, 2015 at 2:52 PM

Fabi, she wrote a prequel for the Alpha Omega series. Really good, and it’s Charles and Anna’s first meeting. That anthology is a perfect start to the series, without spoilers, and you see why the two work so well together.

She sells just her single as a single outside On the Prowl. :-)

Tessa March 4, 2015 at 3:45 PM

Finished and not sure on why the title. My only thought is what happened at the end, three within two days, make it a dead heat? Ridiculous reasoning, but I’m stretching due to being clueless.

Loved the story so much. Next, after my mini book haze, will be VS.

Michelle March 4, 2015 at 6:13 PM

Huh I thought I was just being dense but yeah I can’t figure out the meaning of the title in context with the storyline…oh well I still loved it too. I hope Briggs gives us more and doesn’t just focus on Mercy in the future.

MichelleS March 4, 2015 at 6:19 PM

I am ready to start EITHER P. Briggs, or The Others #3… I thought I had decided on Meg + Simon, then Michelle and Tessa had to go and swoon over Charles and Anna, and I don’t know if I can wait. I, too, really love them as a couple. I love the stories and side characters in Mercy Thompson series, and Adam is a hottie… but the chemistry is off the charts with Charles and Anna – and he’s so quietly hot. And that long, black hair? YUMMO.

bev March 4, 2015 at 6:20 PM

Definitely read the Briggs prequel. I do need to get back to those two.

Michelle, you and the titles, lol.

Michelle March 4, 2015 at 6:33 PM

Oh yeah what does Flowers from the Storm mean too?! Damn you Bev my head hurts worse now…Vision in Silver better be clear cut for dummies!

MichelleS March 4, 2015 at 6:34 PM

WAIT A MINUTE! The Briggs is a prequel? To what??? We’ve already had Charles and Anna novels – what is this a prequel to?

Michelle March 4, 2015 at 6:34 PM

MichelleS I say read ViS since Bev is already reading it and Tessa and I are starting today so we can all be adventure buddies :)

Michelle March 4, 2015 at 6:36 PM

No they are talking about the prequel as a rec for someone else interested in the series…the current book is #4

MichelleS March 4, 2015 at 6:47 PM

Man – I read fast – but you guys are serious power readers! FINE! Vision in Silver…. but Charles is so yummy….. I am in love with Charles and Bran… Adam is great, but I would get all “blushy” if I had to be in a room with Bran or Charles. Oh Gah! I sound like such a girl.

MichelleS March 4, 2015 at 7:07 PM

Here is my Charles… squee….. How do I say no to this guy???? tell me one good little tid-bit about Vision in Silver so I read it instead!!!

bev March 4, 2015 at 7:09 PM

MichelleS, Bran all the way. Would love that series. The prequel is the novella when A & C first meet. I think she picks him up at the airport.

Tessa March 4, 2015 at 7:24 PM

Bev, yes! On the Prowl, the story in there, is the prequel. She also released just the story for cheaper. It’s pretty good.

Michelle S… um, I read Dead Heat first, so… read ViS because the rest of us are? Um…

Simon is being his usual self? Skippy is being cute? Girl Things lead to trouble?

MichelleS March 4, 2015 at 7:44 PM

Bev – seriously! Briggs needs to write a historical with Bran in a kilt in Scotland in the 1400′s or 1600′s or whatever. He’s ancient. Pick a century! Wouldn’t it be fantastic?

Michelle March 4, 2015 at 7:54 PM

Rising (Blue Phoenix Series Book 4) by Lisa Swallow is .99; Book 1 is FREE
Embers by Karen Ann Hopkins is .99
Highlander Heat Boxed Set by Joanne Wadsworth is .99
Leah’s Seduction Box Set by Emily Jane Trent is .99
The Sterling Shore Boxed Set by CM Owens is .99

bev March 4, 2015 at 7:55 PM

Um, ditto Tessa. I’m only at 29%. I have not read at all today and so can’t really say if it can compete with Charles, handsome pic by the way. It has turned into a comfort food & comfort read day today for a few reasons. So, going to put a pot of soup on, break out a couple cookies & glass of cold milk and then head back to the courtyard. Kind of a weird choice for a comfort read but I feel like I’m there all safe and warm sorting mail, lol.

Michelle March 4, 2015 at 8:08 PM

Tessa, The Darkness Series Box Set I just posted looks up your alley. I got it after seeing the great reviews for the series.

I like the Charles on the cover (and Anna), both are pretty close to how I picture them.

Ok I’m entering the courtyard *happy claps*

MichelleS March 4, 2015 at 8:12 PM

Bronze Horseman – 3 bucks – if you haven’t read it, then I highly recommend it. It’s up there with Outlander for me for prose done right. Phenomenal.

Bev – sorting mail – those were the magic words – you are SO RIGHT – it was that mundane daily task that was like the bar in cheers – it just kept the story grounded. I could just feel it and smell it and it was like I was doing that dumb sorting. How much mail could there be? How big is this courtyard anyway? Whatever – I”m off to read about Simon being his usual self… snort!

Amy March 4, 2015 at 8:21 PM

Have I said recently how much I’m loving The Deal? Well I am.

Y’all can go back to what you were doing now that you have that bit of vital information. ;)

Amy March 4, 2015 at 8:25 PM

Jean! Why you gotta bring that up and I just met the lady?!? Sheesh, now Shane’s gonna think I’m an oddball for having that many books!

Sheddup peanut gallery. I already know what you’re gonna say. :P

bev March 4, 2015 at 8:56 PM

Oh we’re all in the courtyard, I’ll wave as you all race by.

I have to say I loved Sam & Diane.

Cheryl March 4, 2015 at 9:13 PM

Awww, I’m jealous you’re just reading The Deal Amy. I loved it! And, um Shane would figure it out soon enough. *wink*

Just so you know, I’m reading Sidelined. It’s a football player story. *cheeky smile*

Cheryl March 4, 2015 at 9:17 PM

Hey, is the cover of Sworn to Love the same one as Lovely Trigger? No fair stealing my Tristan & Danika!!!

Tessa March 4, 2015 at 9:24 PM

Michelle, you’re right. Darkness series is definitely my type. Putting it in the tbr now with Ruin Me. Jessica Sorenson’s books are so angsty and romantic… And I’m behind big time on that series.

Come Home to me is a time travel? You know how many years it’s been since I read a time travel? *clicks*

Shane, see, all these freebies and your tbr will explode. So don’t panic and start early sorting. Um… sorting is really important.

Amy March 4, 2015 at 9:28 PM

Keep calm and sort on.

*cue collective groan*

Jean March 4, 2015 at 9:45 PM

Sorry Amy, your TBR list makes me feel better about mine!

Michelle, thanks for that list! I 1-clicked a lot including Ruin Me…. gotta finish that series.

Cheryl, I hate when they use the same covers for different books.. Ugh! Especially Tristan and Danika…. How dare they!!!

Sorting, spreadsheets, lists upon lists……. trying to keep calm! Lol!

Tessa March 4, 2015 at 9:54 PM

The Infinite Love Series by Kira Adams – I put this in my tbr now too. I’ve been looking for a book series like this, where it starts young adult, and they grow up into NA. We’ll see how good it is… after a LOT of books. My TBR now is nutty already.

MichelleS March 5, 2015 at 8:42 AM

Did I miss it, or did Amy seriously not say a thing about “Fire Down Below” – with THAT cover? A girl in her heels, with her panties at her ankles, all knock-kneed? SNORT!!! They have creams for that…. some work in 1 day! Amy???

Jean March 5, 2015 at 8:57 AM

Haha MichelleS! Snow day for me today! Yay! Finishing up E&P and then have to figure out what’s next. Might have to go back to BDB series. I want to catch up before new book comes out. I’m up to Lover Reborn #10, Tohrment’s story.

Cheryl March 5, 2015 at 8:59 AM

Guess it was too obvious for Amy! ;)

Snow Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MichelleS March 5, 2015 at 9:06 AM

Snow day for me too!!! YIPEE!!! Tohr’s story didn’t do it for me. All that anguish over Wellsie, and I think it just happened too soon – like he should have mourned for 500 years or something. And I couldn’t connect with her. Sorry – one of my least favorite of the series. But you go girl!!! How was E&P? It’s on my Kindle now.

I am planning on spending this whole snow day in the courtyard. After I get a little work done. Maybe.

MichelleS March 5, 2015 at 9:08 AM

Oh – and the name “No’One”…. as his love interest? Pretty much sets it up for disaster! (More BDB Tohr’s story ranting)….

Jean March 5, 2015 at 10:31 AM

Eww MichelleS, “No’One”??? I don’t like it already. But I have to read it to get to the next one (which I think it’s Blay and Qhuinn which I’m dying for) and there are always so many backstories, ya know?

I’m at 83% of E&P.. Not sure how it will end and kinda scared.. It’s really good so far and I love Park!

Jean March 5, 2015 at 10:34 AM

I feel like I should do some laundry or something around her while I’m home before I park my butt on the couch to read. But the snow is so pretty. I’m just sitting here watching it fall with my book on my lap… Oh well…lol!

bev March 5, 2015 at 10:50 AM

Lucky Jean. I love watching the snow. And walking in the snow. You have to go for a walk.

MichelleS, are you in Texas? I don’t know why but I guess in my mind I do not put Texas and snow together.

MichelleS March 5, 2015 at 10:54 AM

Bev – yup – just north of Dallas. We got 3 to 7 inches in this area overnight. The snow is great, but in Texas it’s sleet first, so we have a layer of ice under the snow, and so the roadways are treacherous. I can hear all the kids screaming and playing in the snow. Drinking my coffee. In the courtyard.

MichelleS March 5, 2015 at 10:57 AM

Yup, Jean… he falls for No’One just a year after he lost his mate and unborn child (I cried over Wellsie dammit!!!!)… and he’s supposed to be a fully bonded vampire male warrior… so, yeah, I had a problem with the story in general. And he was such a d*ck to her… he’s supposed to be the perfect specimen of a bonded vampire male… okay, not going to ruin it for you. GO FORTH ……

bev March 5, 2015 at 11:18 AM

Would like to see Texas. The Alamo and Austin, and etc. Now I have an urge to listen to “Waylon, Willie, and the boys.”

So, those reading VIS. What do you think “the terra indigene’s mysterious first form” is? I forget that they are not really human and/or animal but something else,too.

It makes me smile how they say, “the Boo Bear.”

Jean March 5, 2015 at 11:47 AM

Bev, just finished E&P! Loved it! I re-read the last 4 paragraphs like 5 times!

Amy March 5, 2015 at 11:59 AM

Wanna know what the cover for Fire Down Below reminds me of? Other than the obvious discomfort that MichelleS mentioned of course. ;) It reminds me of being out with my girlfriends, drinking a bit too much and then trying in my inebriated state to shimmy out of my panties in the bathroom stall and keep my balance while I try to, ahem, have a seat when one of them says something hilarious and I have to squeeze my knees together so I don’t pee on myself. *That* has happened to me too many times to count.

TMI? Sorry, y’all know there’s no such thing with me. :P

Amy March 5, 2015 at 12:02 PM

Enjoy your beautiful snow days, ladies! :D

Jean, wasn’t E&P great?!? Such a sweet and unconventional couple. *sigh*

bev March 5, 2015 at 12:10 PM

Jean, I am so glad to hear that. I re read the end a few times too. Just hurt for Eleanor and adore Park. If we are talking real life and not what we prefer in books, I would not mind knowing an adult Park.
Of course that book is set in the 80s and so they be in their 40s now.

Fabi March 5, 2015 at 12:14 PM

I wasn’t going to but I am anyways. About the BDB. I’m on my third re-read/relisten of the series.

Jean I didn’t realize you’d finished Payne’s story already.

While some books are better than others. IMHO, they are all great. What the rereading has done for is show me that the ones that I’d mentally filed as “not quite as good” are still fantastic books in the grand scheme of things. This last rereading has been sort of “on the side” as I devour many other books while listening to BDB only in the car.

I don’t disagree with MichelleS about Tohrment’s story, but there is pertinent background there. As there is in all these books. While they CAN be read as stand alones, you don’t get the full impact if you haven’t linearly followed the series.

So, in Tohr’s story, there is a huge significance in WHO No’one is (pronounced no-own), her background with Tohr and why/who/what sends her to Tohr.

These books are good, but the build up and background stories make them explosive.

*rant over* :-)

Jean March 5, 2015 at 1:08 PM

Ok Fabi, thanks for your input! I would never skip a book in a series and I know with these they have lots of side stories.

I still l can’t decide what to read next though…. been sitting here for an hour looking through Maryse’s lists and reviews. I have lots downloaded on my TBR that she gave great reviews to…… Losing It, Me Before You, Drowning Instinct, Flat Out Love, Come to Me Quietly, True Love Story, Arouse, or something my new that’s just waiting for me…….Should I start a series or standalone……..I hate when I can’t make a decision! And I’m wasting time!

I wish there was a follow-up book to E&P!!

Michelle March 5, 2015 at 1:54 PM

Tessa, I actually bought the PL Henderson book when it was full price because I’ve read another of her books that I got for free, Yellowstone Heart Song, and I enjoyed it. There’s a lot of freebies lately that I want to read it seems.

All you with snow days I’m uber jealous since I’m dying to get back to the courtyard! ViS is awesome so far – I just love how Bishop writes so she could probably write anything and I’d be enthralled.

I really need to read E&P soon. There’s only so much gushing I can take before I cave!

Michelle March 5, 2015 at 1:57 PM

Jean, from your list the one that interests me the most after Maryse reviewed it and put it on her top list from last year was Drowning Instinct but those are all good choices. I hate when I waste time looking for a read too.

bev March 5, 2015 at 2:49 PM

Jean I had a hard time leaving them. Plus I love her writing style so was a little tough going to someone else’s.

Ok so how far are the three of you in VIS? I still love the puppy fuzz scene. “Puppies are cute.”

Tessa March 5, 2015 at 3:24 PM

That was adorable. Everyone wanting to touch her hair is cute too. Your question about original look, I think that’s what’s in the wildest area, which we haven’t seen yet.

Michelle, the book just gave me a little memory lane moment of before Outlander and trying to find pnr. One of the few authors who wrote it consistantly was Constance O’Day Flannery who wrote time travels like the Peggy Henderson book sounds.

I’m so glad pnr is not so difficult to find now. I read some pure crap out of desperation. Worse, loved the pure crap just because it was different. “OMG this book is awesome. The vocabulary is relative to a second grader’s, and the plot makes no sense, but it had FAERIES!”. :-P

Tessa March 5, 2015 at 3:24 PM

Oh, and 82%

Fabi March 5, 2015 at 3:26 PM

*dies laughing* Tessa, your comments are priceless. You kill me. hahaha

Amy March 5, 2015 at 4:16 PM

Tessa…read pure crap?? LOL!!!

Jean, if you haven’t already started one of those books then I say Drowning Instinct. You should definitely read it at some point. I had started it a while back and then stopped for whatever reason, but when Maryse reviewed it I gave it another shot. Oh. My. Lord. So glad I did.

Claudia March 5, 2015 at 4:58 PM

Maryse I didnt see it posted so I wanted to give you guys a heads up that Part 2 of Bait will be released March 31st. Part two is called Sail. I have been EAGERLY waiting for this book to come out! I can’t wait to read what happens w Casey and Blake!

Jean March 5, 2015 at 5:52 PM

I ended up going with Bastian’s Storm (especially after seeing Fabi’s review on GR). I forgot how much I loved this foul talking moody man! Maybe Drowning Instinct next…. trying to clean up my TBR….impossible, I know….

Tessa March 5, 2015 at 6:14 PM

Finished. I can’t believe I read two books in a row that are that good. Vision in Silver… wow. Just wow. *goes off to happy book fog land*

bev March 5, 2015 at 6:34 PM

Tessa, whoa. I’ve only been able to dip in and out but that’s ok. I hate that it will be a whole year until the next one. Glad to hear it held up all the way.
That scene when Simon is hurt by Sam being able to pet her, *sigh* and that Jester came to get a look to bring back and gossip. Just love this world.
What made Simon snap at the humans was so sad and dark.
Also, loved Sam, Skippy, and the Boo Bear. :-)
So, apparently I’m going to read in little snippets , then gush about the.:-D

Tessa March 5, 2015 at 7:22 PM

Love Boo Bear too. The two pups are adorable in this one. I love the political intrigue that is starting to become a huge part of the story. So much build up for what’s coming. There were some major sweet tiny details that I loved in the end. When you get to the end, you’ll see them. I awwed about it. Also, poor Monty.

Tessa March 5, 2015 at 7:23 PM

Oh, and Sharkgard. How seriously awesome are the idea of Sharkgards?

Michelle March 5, 2015 at 7:34 PM

Yeah woah Tessa is right, I stopped myself at 52% last night because I had to get up early. It’s already a 5 star for me unless someone else writes the second half of the book. The plot is intricate and the pacing is perfect. I love how basically every word, gesture, sentiment has meaning and place…every word has a purpose. I’m sooo happy that a writer of this caliber is writing PNR because like you said some of it is not just junk but junkified junk!

Michelle March 5, 2015 at 7:55 PM

Winter Kisses by Addison Moore is FREE
Addicted by Sophie Hampton is FREE
If I Break by Portia Moore is FREE
Bastian’s Storm by Shat Savage is .99
Pure Punishment by TL Smith is .99 (no idea what this is about from blurb but want to read it anyway!)
The Beauty Series by Skye Warren is .99
A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness is 2.99
House of the Rising Sun by Kristen Painter is 2.99
Liquid Regret by MJ Carnal is .99
Semi-Charmed by Isabel Jordan is .99 (pnr rec’d to me but haven’t read yet)
Beyond by Chantel Fernando is .99
Descendant by Nichole Giles is .99

MichelleS March 6, 2015 at 9:06 AM

Since everyone that is reading ViS is gushing…. how about when Simon gets asked if he can turn into a wolf and he says he is always a wolf, and sometimes he takes the form of a man. Loved that. And anything with Sam or Skippy, because it is so innocent, and when they say “arooo”. And how Lizzy gets protected on the train. And when someone moves her CDs. And anytime someone says “our Meg”. And YES, when Simon can’t understand why she can pet him as a wolf, but he can’t pet her cool new hair when she is human. And when she finally lets him…. okay… better stop. Don’t want to spoil it. Funny thing is, we all chose the details and no story elements – which is what makes this series so great. I wish it was a finished series so I could just read it back to back.

MichelleS March 6, 2015 at 9:07 AM

you know I meant when HE is human, not she – that was not a spoiler that she’s a shifter or something – just a typo!!!

MichelleS March 6, 2015 at 9:09 AM

okay one more…. when he does get to “pet her”…. oh dear lord…. you know me and wanting some hanky-panky between these two – it was enough for me… because knowing who he is and what he is and how he is… that was an incredible display of affection – so yay for me! (who knew one line of hair petting could thrill me so much)

Michelle March 6, 2015 at 9:17 AM

Yeah I finished last night and really have no words to describe how much I love and adore this series that has been consistently amazing, novel and spellbinding. Oh now I have another wait ahead but at least I can reread which I will…many times :)

Tessa March 6, 2015 at 1:38 PM

All of it was so good. I loved the tension, the little remarks,but Simon’s random thoughts… Those were hilarious. Its worth rereading the whole series again.

I just finished Sustain. I needed Tijan to even try to compete against ViS. Also really good book, and different so there was no competition. Only complaint with Sustain was it ended. I wanted more happy ending stuff to know what happens next. I guess the next one Weill tell me. It was a stand alone, but she’s writing another character’s book next. :-)

Michelle March 6, 2015 at 2:08 PM

Oh that’s good to know since I got Sustain too. I pretty much auto-buy anything by Tijan now.

I bookmarked so much in ViS and a lot for Simon, his thoughts were so entertaining I agree!

Michelle March 6, 2015 at 7:39 PM

LUKE: Unzipped: Parts 1, 2, & 3 by Cassia Leo is FREE
Finders Keepers by Nicole Williams is FREE
Perfectly Broken by Maegan Abel is FREE
Captive Films 1.1 by Jillian Dodd is FREE
This Sky and On an Edge of Glass by Autumn Doughton are FREE
Someday Girl by Melanie Shawn is FREE
Bound by Fate by Mandy Lou Dowson is FREE
The Magic of Highland Dragons by Kella McKinnon is FREE
The Last Orphans by NW Harris is FREE
Playing with Fire by Alexis Noelle is FREE
The Kissed By a Muse Trilogy Boxset by SK Munt is FREE
The Beats in Rift by Ker Dukey is .99 (oh looks good!)
Darkest Before Dawn by Maya Banks is 4.99 (preorder)
The Hazards of Sex on the Beach by Alyssa Rose Ivy is .99