Latest Paranormal & Contemporary Romance Book Releases – March 4th 2014

by Maryse on March 4, 2014 · 31 comments

It’s release day, and even the “bargains” section boasts a bunch of great looking recent releases. New to me, and a few that gave me that coveted blurb-jolt. :D

Like… Full Measures (I one-clicked that one for sure!!), and Changing Course (absolutely mine, and sounds like it’ll be angsty!!), Sweet Little Thing (considering how much I loved book #1), Make Me: Twelve Tales of Dark Desire (Full length DARK READS!!! I’ve already read a few of the books in this – some of our FAVORITES), but there are a bunch more that I have yet to devour, and I one-clicked bargain bundle. What. A. Deal!!!), and Crashed (but first I have to read #1 & #2 before getting to this conclusion. I hear it’s awesome!).

And as usual, I noted a bunch of the other ones that peaked my interest, too. :)

But next, I’m reading Tiffany Snow’s book #2 (Turn to Me) in her MUCH LOVED angsty love-triangle mystery series. So excited. Especially to get to book #4, as that one seems to have put everyone in a frenzy. What is it about book #4′s huh? The same thing happened to me reading the EIT series. Book #4 FLOORED me. *rubs hands together in glee*

P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).

BARGAINS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).

• A Lush Betrayal (Lush No. 1) by Selena Laurence <— ROCK STAR BOOK ALERT! Shannon recommends it! “I have been on a bit of a rock star kick lately and read A Lush Betrayal (Lush No.1) this weekend. LOVED it! So many feelings – guilt, love, betrayal – and with such lovely writing. I love it when one phrase can just capture you. I gave it 4*… I believe that there will be more books in the series but this one is a stand alone. I love series where each book is a stand alone – it just makes the series that much better in my mind!”
  • Jake Undone (A Gemini Novel) by Penelope Ward <— Louise found us this great deal!! “Hello ladies ! Jack Undone is on sale. So if you haven’t read it now go ahead because it is a gem!” and Sharon agrees: “LOVED this book!!!!”
  • Far Too Tempting (Entangled Edge) by Lauren Blakely <— Jennifer found us this one! “I’ve been waiting for this to go on sale”— “Jane Black has written the breakup album of the century, earning her a Grammy, a huge legion of new fans, and the pressure to repeat her success. Sure, the heartbreak from her husband’s unconventional abandonment might have been her inspiration, but it hasn’t done her any favors in the dating department…” and then… she meets a music journalist…
  • The Broken Parts Of Us by Ker Dukey <— Stephanie found us this one! “On SALE for Two-Days Only! It is the 2nd book in ‘The Broken’ series, but it can be read as a stand alone.”
  • Full Measures (Entangled Embrace) by Rebecca Yarros <— Jennifer found us this one, too! “someone just recommended this here a few days ago…great reviews!!” Yep!! TONS of great reviews! And it sounds like it has some angst and shocking reveal potential. Kristen says: “If you haven’t read this yet… Go buy it…it was AWESOME!!! Keep tissues handy” —> her family is falling apart and then she meets her new neighbor. A hockey star. “…she can’t deny their intense attraction. Until Josh’s secret shatters their world.
  • Love’s Suicide: Love’s Suicide by Jennifer Foor <— TWIN BROTHERS ALERT!! Clarissa loved it! “Just finished Loves Suicide and it was fantastic!!! 5+ star read. Brooks Valentine is my new book boyfriend! Maryse you must read this!”
  • Deliver by Pam Godwin <— DARK read ALERT (and SHE’S the kidnapper in this one…) Kimmie highly recommends it! “Just finished Deliver and abso-freakin-lutely loved it.” and Sharon agrees: “Me too!!!! It was so different then the normal dark reads. Can’t wait for book 2!!!” and Janet says: “started this one way too late last night, it had me sitting straight up in bed at 1a.m. Had to put it down or be up all night. So far it is squirm worthy.
  • Deviant (Blood & Roses) by Callie Hart <— Here is Di-Ann’s suggestion: “Just finished Deviant by Callie Hart very very good with the most alpha man I have ever read BUT be warned it is also frustrating because if is only part of a book. Not even a cliff hanger, the book just ends. Not sure when the next installment comes out or how many but I must say I will buy.” <— Okay someone just confirmed this is a “serial” series. It’s coming out in sections, piece by piece.
  • Enraptured (The Fullerton Family Saga #3) by Ginger Voight <— Janet loves it! “Another great trilogy from Ginger Voight. She gave some insight to her personal motivation in this one and it made it even more touching. I am such a fan”
  • Changing Course (Wrecked and Ruined) by Aly Martinez <— Jennifer found us this bargain! “great reviews & it was recommended here at some point…newer release.” Okay I just one-clicked this one, lots of great reviews and the whole synopsis grabbed me: “I met Sarah Kate Erickson when I was twenty-one years old. I was lucky enough to keep her for seven years before a tragic accident stole her from me. She didn’t die, but sometimes I think it would have been easier if she had.  I lived in a haze for those four years after the accident. Catering to her every need, even though she hated the very sight of my face. I tried to hold on to her and the future that we were supposed to build together. But you can’t hold on to someone that doesn’t exist anymore. It wasn’t until I met Jesse Addison, a barista at the local coffee shop, that I realized I didn’t just lose Sarah that tragic night, I lost myself as well. Jesse taught me how to let go of the past and learn to love again. But what happens when your past haunts your present, and the woman you used to love refuses to accept the woman you can’t live without?
  • Abandon by Cassia Leo <— just recently released!
  • Between Us: Sex on the Beach by Jen McLaughlin <— She’s a famous country star and him? “I’m just a bartender who lives in Key West, stuck in an endless cycle of boredom. But then Mackenzie Forbes, America’s Sweetheart herself, comes up to me and looks at me with those bright green eyes…and everything changes. She acts like she’s just a normal girl and I’m just a normal guy, but that couldn’t be further from the truth. My past isn’t pretty, you know…

PARANORMAL

CONTEMPORARY

Leaa March 4, 2014 at 1:39 PM

These books look cool, I’m gonna have to read some after I’m done with my obsession of The Christian Grey

Sarah Darlington March 4, 2014 at 2:03 PM

Hi Maryse,
I cannot wait to read some of these! Especially Ruin by RVD (love her!). My debut NA contemporary romance novel was also released today.

He Belongs With Me by Sarah Darlington

Amy March 4, 2014 at 2:11 PM

Aw, Sweet Little Thing! I loved Will in Sweet Thing. Kinda funny how books with notations of angst, heartbreaking, love triangle, raw, etc., are the ones that give me that adrenaline rush. *hee hee*

I was organizing my new one-clicks and freaked when I realized that if I finished a book every two days, it would take me almost *six* years to read all of the unread books on my Nook and Kindle app. Six!!! I wish I could say that would stop me from one-clicking anymore books but…yeah, that’s not going to happen. ;) Come on, someone here has to be able to relate, right?? Right?!?!?

Lindsay March 4, 2014 at 2:24 PM

Full Measures is captivating. Very well written. Can’t recommend enough.

Maryse March 4, 2014 at 2:35 PM

Thank you Sarah! I added it. :D

Maryse March 4, 2014 at 2:37 PM

Amy… right!!!! You are soooooo right. GAH!! Let’s not think about it anymore. LOL!!!

:P

melanie March 4, 2014 at 3:05 PM

clipped wings was a twilight fan fic but a really good one,i really liked it back than and i’m curious how it turned out as a book now.

Cody March 4, 2014 at 3:19 PM

FYI, book for of the Sookie Stackhouse books was my favorite too!

Cody March 4, 2014 at 3:20 PM

oops! Book FOUR! not for. Ugh.

Maryse March 4, 2014 at 3:33 PM

Cody, it was mine, too!!! That was the one with Eric and his memory, right?

Sarah Darlington March 4, 2014 at 4:30 PM

Thanks Marsye ;)

I’ve only just discovered your blog (my friend Nevaeh Lee told me about it) and I love it! Oh and book 4 was the one where Eric looses his memory–my favorite too!

Jean March 4, 2014 at 4:31 PM

Amy, you are totally right! I totally relate! Six years huh? I think I am in the same position as you and I just 1-clicked the list above as if I didn’t have a thing to read right now! Haha!

Amy March 4, 2014 at 5:56 PM

Shhhh Jean, did you see what Maryse said up there? We’re not going to think about it anymore. Come over here and stick your head in the sand with us. ;)

Maryse March 4, 2014 at 7:20 PM

*giggle*

Lisa March 4, 2014 at 7:25 PM

Amy, I’ve been keeping track of books in the reading challenge on Goodreads. This sounded like a really good idea on January 1. I am ashamed to admit I have read 63 books since Jan 1. In my defense there are quite few novellas on that list, but Sheesh! Oh can I just say that I marked March 25th as a special day, its release day for Unwound (sequel to Unbound) by Lorelei James. I loved, loved the first book its on my best of the year list & its only March!

Jean March 4, 2014 at 7:51 PM

Ok..lol!!

Amy March 4, 2014 at 10:12 PM

Lisa, nothing to be ashamed of there!! *raising my martini to you* We commend that here! ;)

Courtney March 4, 2014 at 10:23 PM

I loved Changing Course by Aly Martinez!!! I can not wait for book 2!!!

LaurenB March 4, 2014 at 11:18 PM

Do you have the swan and the jackal up here and I just missed it? I just saw that it was live and started (figuratively) jumping up and down. I know the first two were dark but I think this one will take the cake. And I can’t wait to learn more about Fredrik after the glimpse we got in reviving izabel!

Maryse March 5, 2014 at 12:06 AM

Holy MOLY Lauren!!! How did I miss that one!??? Okay I’m adding it in now. :D

Feifei March 5, 2014 at 1:55 AM

OMG Maryse!!! I’m so happy you’re reading the Kathleen Turner series! GAHHHHHH book 4!! Oh the delicious angst ;) Do you have a team yet LOL?

Lauren March 5, 2014 at 7:40 AM

This Regret by Victoria Ashley is $.99 & hands down THE best book I’ve read this year. KELLAN!!!!

sandy March 5, 2014 at 7:50 AM

i was lucky enough to read an ARC copy of Changing Course and i think you will really like it, it was different then alot of the books we read and kept m intrigued as to how it would play out:) and i’m anxiously waitin for book 2

Amanda March 5, 2014 at 12:30 PM

Driven is only $.99 right now

JOUVANET March 5, 2014 at 1:51 PM

I was wondering about L J Smith’s book Strange Fate. When does it come out or did it? I can’t wait to read it. I’m a huge fan of her books and all the vampire books and the authers. Thank you

Celeste March 5, 2014 at 8:50 PM

I finished reading ‘Full Measures’ this morning at 3am. I cried big, fat ugly tears, but man, was it great! Definitely impressed with this debut novel – it was worth the ‘book hangover’ I suffered today. Very well written, and the hero? *swoons*

Maryse March 5, 2014 at 10:59 PM

YAY Celeste!!!!! Okay this needs to go to the top of my TBR then…

Celeste March 6, 2014 at 1:08 AM

Just don’t forget the tissues! This was one where I had to get up and run to the bathroom and blow my nose – you know, the kind of book that has your husband waking up and asking what’s wrong? Like I said, so worth it though!

CarinaF March 6, 2014 at 5:42 AM

Maryse, I’m reading “The Driven Trilogy” by K. Bromberg and it’s been great so far. Angsty and full of emotions !
I love books and with your blog it’s always easy to find my next fix…Best regards from Portugal.

CarinaF

Jill March 6, 2014 at 10:52 PM

Just finished Changing Course. LOVED IT. I was in a book slump and this one finally took me out of it. Beautiful story with a super sexy alpha cop and a good amount of angst. I would give it a solid 4 for the storyline alone.

shunda March 7, 2014 at 1:03 AM

Just finished Full Measures. Blew my mind, broke my heart and stole my breath…loved it and Josh…yummy:)